• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Tales of Deep Dreams

CommanderNecro

"Dont fuck around with the cosmic horror dude."
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello, I am a roleplayer looking for a long-term roleplay partner. I have the following storylines, characters, and other narrative elements. Which are parts of my various cosmic horror stories.

Nalishor-Elder God
Atstojuah-Elder God
Baelmarka-Cursed Book
Scorned-Biological Disease
Howling Nightmares-Alternate Dimension
Limbo-Alternate Dimension
Sea of Souls-Dimension
Benaphala-Elder God
Oringoras-Monsters
The Astral Realm (The Wisp)-Dimension
The Hotel of Tricks-Location
Mindsight-Realm
The Elder Realm- Elder God Realm
The Dimensional Gateways-Location
Jhenua-Dimension
Hydra-Dimension
Professor Gorinai-Character
Hindera Exotic Studies School (Magic School)-Location
The Three Portlands-Location
Curpendo (Realm of Emotion)-Reality
Arkham City-Location
Oshine-Elder God
Cawenda-Character
Quina-Character
Ghouls-Monsters
Revants-Monsters
Headless Knights-Monsters
Nijuti-Monsters

Genres: Cosmic Horror, Lovecraft Horror, Psychological Horror, Monster Horror, Dark Fantasy, Science Fiction, Low Fantasy, Mystery, Anomalies.

Character options: Cultist, God-like entity, monster, journalist, occultist, sorcerer, scientist, witch, dream entity, etc.

Potential plot points: Professor discovers a book he should not have discovered, a journalist discovers a cult is more than it seems, an occultists magic finally works, a scientist sees things that betray the laws of reality in his dreams but discovers that it was reality all along, a sorcerer discovers a monster and sees an opportunity to use it for their own gain.

Specifics about character involvement and plotlines can be discussed. It will be performed over PM. Here is a sample story I have created.

Depths of Honor

I was investigating a case befalled to me by a professor - whom I knew very well as an expert on history especially around the middle ages. He had contacted me through a letter addressed specifically to me. I never got letters nor much mail at all. It described that she had found something of great interest which even she could not glean the meaning of. Which I found greatly prospective for she was knowledgeable in many fields of study and history. For her to not know the meaning of something seemingly so important is unheard of and potentially something of worry. So I departed at once and brought all my tools of expertise with me. I arrived at the site a few hours later and what I saw was bewildering indeed. A strange temple dedicated to a seemingly abysmal god. With angles and proportions seemingly inhuman yet human at the same time. Strange angles and drawings on the marble walls showed alien patterns. Which I was not acquainted it was strange indeed. The professor greeted me with open arms upon my arrival. The site around this strange seemingly temple was codenamed, Site Belphas. A name given based upon strange texts found upon the inner walls of the structure.

This was of especially great interest to me for the words seemed to form no word or phrase. At least from any known language of our world. It was only around an hour outside Arkham City. How it had been undiscovered for centuries, potentially thousands of years, still remains unknown. Just outside what many would call the capital of archeology and mysterious historical works. Arkham City is a city almost as populous as Boston. There must have been a very solid reason for it to have remained undiscovered. At the time I had more important matters to think about. I set up my various equipment and took out my various books and texts on similar discoveries. I could not find anything of close relation to this new discovery. The professor whom I now know is Alenia Ophor. Requested for me to venture into the temple and note any findings I have. She would remain outside to organize the group of archeologists she had rallied. So I took various pieces of my equipment and walked to what seemed to be the front of the temple. I entered inside and found something both awe inspiring and of great terror. Strange markings adorned the marble walls, sculptures, and statues of which I had no comparison, geometric figures seemingly studying the stars and far more than I could hope to detail here. I quickly took out my journal and began to detail what I saw. At first, I presumed the geometric figures were meant to study astronomy and the stars. Upon closer inspection it was revealed to me that they seemed to be for a greater purpose. Something which was kept very hidden and seemed to not be written down.

I used my scientific instruments on the various figures and forms adorned on the walls. According to the instruments the figures and forms seemed to form a sort of language. Which the instruments were unable to translate. One thing they were able to decipher what seemed to be directions into a deeper area of the temple. Which it called “The Abyss” of what this meant at the time, I did not know. I collected my instruments and decided to venture into this “Abyss.” I ventured through the temple through various labyrinths and what I thought were tunnels. The trail to get to this hidden room was perplexing. I eventually made it to the mysterious room. Which to my surprise seemed to be a kind of cathedral. Great walls adorned each side made of dark black obsidian. All the walls were at least 40 feet high with an arched ceiling seemingly made of suspended magma. At the center of the room there was a chalice standing atop a table made of strange rock. I walked closer to the chalice which seemed almost gloomy. I set up my equipment and started examining it. Seemingly was made of gold, obsidian, silver and some strange purple crystal. I decided to pick it up and hold it in my hands. Oh what a grave mistake that would be. I picked up the chalice and looked inside of it. To my surprise there was liquid within it, blood. Blood was flowing in the chalice seemingly in a small eternal whirlpool. Like something invisible was moving it through ghastly fingers.

Initially I was confused more than anything. As I looked at it with intrigue I saw something in the flowing blood. What looked to me like a face staring back at me. It seemed to form a growing smile as it looked at me with blank eye sockets. I then heard the scream. Someone was screaming from a nearby section of the temple. And it echoed with great speed towards me. It sounded terrified of something or someone it had seen. I tried to put down the chalice. But when I tried to put it down I couldn't. Whenever I tried to put it down my body simply froze in paralysis. I would then be flung a good distance away. And the more I tried, the more painful it would become. One thing of important note is that the blood inside the chalice never spilled out. It was always the same no matter how much I was flung. The best relation I can give is it felt like something unseen was holding me and then throwing me with great strength. I eventually decided to stop attempting to put it down and ran towards where the scream originated. Once I arrived where I thought it had come from I saw a sight. A corpse mangled across the wall. I recognized the corpse as a member of the archaeological team. Her throat was slashed with what looked to be a blade. Her ribs were all broken. Her eyes were torn out of their sockets, them visible on the floor. Her arms and legs were snapped like toothpicks. Something was written in black ink beside her. I took out my journal and noted what it said but I did not have time to read it. I only barely managed to write down what it spoke of.

Something I took notice of was a note in her pocket. I carefully took the note and examined it. It was carefully wrapped into a small ball. Inside was a small piece of her brain covered in some black goo like substance. Out of panic I dropped it onto the floor. I looked around me for anything else of such gruesomeness. Why? Well I was curious about certain deeds which had been done in my absence. There I saw it. The creature which I dare not name. Which I shall simply call a Unnamed; a title for it so I can speak of it. For I shall not say its true name for to do so would be maddening. All I can say is to many it is a god. And to many it is a demon of great horror. Something of such abysmal regard to look upon it would be to invite madness. I looked upon it, I was simply frozen and it stopped in its tracks. For what reason or purpose seemed unknowable to me. It was a massive form of black flesh and black slime. Shifting and contorting to its own whims and motives. I was instantly bewitched from its gaze. I could hear its voice inside my mind, it spoke to me in some language which I innately understood yet could never put to words as to its complexity. It spoke and said “You behold the chalice. Tsyrunia. I require it.” I looked at the chalice in my hands then back at the creature. I could sense the creature in front of me was of indescribable evil. This was not a temple, but rather a prison. The blood within the chalice formed words within it. Forming the words ``Run! Run far away from it!” I clutched the chalice within my hands. I could hear the creature scream into my mind “Give me the chalice mortal!” I turned and started running as fast as I humanly could. Running through the seemingly infinite passages of the ancient temple. I looked back as I ran and saw swarms of thousands, possibly tens of thousands of beetles. But they were simply exoskeletons and nothing more, no flesh underneath the bony surface. I looked in front of me once more and continued my sprint.

Eventually I stopped as I had reached a dead end, nowhere else to run. I looked back at where I had run from, I didn't see the skeletal beetles behind me. Nor the Unnamed that monstrosity of black flesh and tendrils. I decided to look around where I had ended up. The walls were made of black brick and seemingly etched with strange runes on their surface. I looked upon them and took out my notebook and took note of them. I looked at the chalice once again to see if anything had happened. Nothing seemed to have as the blood still swirled the same pattern and formed no words. So I continued my observations of the runes etched on the wall. They seemed to form a pattern of sorts which I was able to roughly translate. As something along the lines of “This is the prison and tomb of an entity so evil and vile we dare not speak of it. It is locked away with the chalice. Its own haunting creation of vile evil. It must be protected at all costs and be kept away from the monster. If you are unfortunate enough to hold the chalice. Run as far as you can from the monster and its minions. This is the only information I can give you without damaging your soul.” I simply stared at the translation for a few minutes. The chalice was still clutched in my hand as I looked at it. I thought of something. If this chalice was that beast's creation why did it wish to flee from it? Why did it wish to not be with its creator?

I looked upon the blood within the chalice and its constant moving form. And the blood slowly formed the words “We are souls kept in an eternal torment when the creature holds us or uses us. We cannot be released from this hell. You will slowly become one of us, your only hope is to hope it doesn't find us.” I picked up my notebook and started walking through the seemingly infinite liminal passages once again. Various torches of purple flame adorned the various walls. Each wall was made of gray stone cut in perfect squares and circles. I continued walking for what seemed like hours, until eventually I saw a metal door down one end of a passage. I approached the door and grabbed the handle. Slowly opening the door and looking at the other side. On the other side was a strange room made of pink flesh and strange red clouds. Which seemed to form smearing skulls facing towards me as I entered the room. Once I entered the room the door instantaneously closed behind me. As if by a powerful wind, yet there was no wind to behold. There were corpses adorning the flesh walls, in various states of decay. Some seemingly ancient with only bone remaining. While some seemed to be still alive or fresh. Each of various differing make of every sort. And then the blood in the chalice formed the words. “I am not sorry Tsyrunia. You shall meet your end as the others have.” And with that the chalice flew out of my hands. Into the center of the flesh room and simply floated. Then a mass of flesh engulfed me and adorned me on the wall of the place. Slowly taking everything of use from my body. I had been tricked to flee from one monster to go to another. And so I will die soon. You are already here but you have not awoken the beast. You have a chance unlike me. Flee, run while you can. You cannot hide from it for long. It will find you and it will hunt you down if it sees you. Like it saw me when I brought the chalice. I have been damned by Belalphala the flesh beast. It will eventually feast upon my soul. Run! Run while you can Tsyrunia.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back