• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Souls of Salem [WoD]

Flora desperately tries to keep a hold on Danielle but soon the knight it out of her hold and facing her. Face to face with the women Flora doesn’t even attempt to pull out her Kukri to defend herself, she didn’t want to fight, she just wanted it all to stop. She didn’t want to be here, she wanted to be back home with her parents, back home happy with Vera like she used to be, she wanted to go back to a time when she was happy... not surrounded by pain and misery... A single tear slowly falls down Floras pale cheek as she makes one last desperate plea to Danielle. “Danielle please, is doesn’t have to be this way. There doesn’t have to be any fi- ahhhh!” Before Flora was even able to finish her plea, Danielle's sword cleaves into her chest with a spine shivering crunch. Flora could only look wide eyed at her assailant, tears now falling freely from her eyes. Floras coughs up a bit of blood at the sword throughly embeds itself in her chest, her body trembling from the shock she could barely feel the pain. Never had she expected Danielle to actually strike her, life didn’t seem real anymore, perhaps this is what death felt like? Amazingly Flora was still standing the sword stuck in her, she looked into Danielle's eyes, there was no hatred, no disgust, no apathy toward Danielle, just empty sadness and confusion like a patient knowing there time was up. “Wh...why?” Was all Flora could sputter out as the blood dripped from her mouth, as the sword finally was pulled out Flora fell to the floor with a sickening thud. A pool of blood began to grow beneath the nurse as she laid there trembling and panting for breath. Perhaps she deserved this after she stabbed Zarred, perhaps this was her punishment for abandoning him, or maybe this was gods way of sending the lost little lamb back to her parents, a message telling her she shouldn’t have survived all those years ago... Flora struggled to look up past Danielle with her trembling floor. She looked angry with her, probably because she had gotten in the way, but Flora would rather suffer this than to have watched some one so helpless get executed in front of her... Her best began to rack with pain as the shock finally died down. Finally looking past Danielle Flora looks to one of the ceiling lights. ”Mom? dad? Im coming home...” Flora says half smiling, openly crying now fully believing this is where she would die, ironic really on the floor of an infirmary. There was so many thing she still wanted to do, so many other people to help. Have a family, help the awakened, cure the sick...Was this truly how her life would end? "Cynthia..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Elisa had remained against a wall this entire time, watching the scene unfold. She didn't care if Danielle killed the idiot that wasn't an idiot. Their mission was to get what they could or kill him. She didn't care about his long windedness, or Danielles anger. Flora tried to stop her,r and Flora paid the price for it. Still... death was unacceptable. She sends a text message, then goes over to the medicine kit, taking some bandages, some ointment, and the like, and began to work on Flora "I only know enough basic medicine to stabilize you." She says. "I called Eric . He will come down here and tend to you... was attacking the nurse the best option? Even if you were defending Lady's name, that was a bit much.

A few minutes later comes not only Eric, but Mariah as well.. As Eric moves to Flora to begin treating her, Mariah looks around at the situation. Blood, shattered gass from where Flora impacted, a bloody swor. "Explain." She orders

Elisa explained everything with perfect detail, and Mariah sighs. "Danielle, I'm fine with killing the uncooperative intruder, but Flora is someone i had personal favor for. You will be punished for this once Flora recovers and I've had time to decide what... how is she?"

"Stabilized." Eric said. "I only have so much mana though... we need a hospital, or another doctor, or something."

Mariah pauses to consider this. "Fine. If we need a hospital... we'll go capture a hospital." She says with a sigh, walking out, the chill wind flowing, breathing cold death into the infirmary... the spark of life had been granted but it seemed... it seemed like Hell was just beginning to break loose.

Scene 2 End

• Four Days Later

11:30 PM. Happy Valley, Oregon

The air was crisp and clean... it was always raining in this portion of America, and it showed. The fog was incredibly thick for the night... visible enough to see in front of your face, but that was about it. It was cold, about 34 degrees give or take a few depending on what you're cars thermostat said.

Against the side of the road lay a car.. it had been beaten up pretty badly. The engine block had been wrecked completely, the doors were broken. Outside of it sat a few people. One of them was a blonde girl, the other a brown haired man... Elisa and Trent. Trent currently had a blood bag, a makeup kit, and a brush in his hands, and was currently painting on Elisa. “Hey hey, stand still, this has got to stand up to inspection you know!” He was complaining to the girl.

“Your brush tickles and you picked the wrong shade of blush. How did you survive this long in the detective business.”

“How did you survive as a little imp? How DOES one join the Lollipop Guild?” Trent counters. “I know what I'm doing. The best way to disguise getting beat up is to actually get beat up, but hitting girls is just against my code.”

“I can beat you up instead if you want.” Elisa suggests. “I wouldn't mind doing that... and a broken bone would sell better.”

“I prefer my bones in the state they are thank you very much.” He says, laughing it off as he continues to paint the girl. He reaches up to his chest, pulling on a walkie. “We're set down here, make the call.” He says, getting on the ground and closing his eyes.

“Whose smart idea was this, anyway?” Elisa asked, having her umbrella in one han, clutching her arm in the other one. “This doesn't seem like Lady's sort of planning.”

“It isn't.” Came her voice over the comms. “ I thought Trent darling deserved a chance for promotion so I let him decide the op.”

“Oh , of course this was yours.” Elisa says. “I thought this planned reeked of stupid.”

“Shut up, here they come!” Trent barked at her as the sound of sirens filled their ears. “One... two...three different sirens? Why are they sending two cop cars?”

“One's probably the fire department, idiot.” Elisa says.

“There are actually four.” Came a male voice over the comms. “One cop car is masking the other.”

A minute of further waiting, and four cars showed up...two police, one ambulance, and one firetruck. They came closer to Elisa. “What happened here?”

“I-i was with my daddy here and some... some drunk people rammed into us.” elisa said, trying to sound like a hurt little girl... she failed miserably, and the police looked at her in confusion.

Thankfully they didn't have any time to ponder it, the trap had already sprung. There was the sound of a sharp crack as all of the lights in all nearby cars shut out, some of the headlights breaking in the process. “What the hell?!” One of the cops asked, getting out of the car. Trent got upm kneeing the paramedic in the gut. Elisa dealt with the other one with an umbrella to the head, and they both dropped like a light.

The policemen had seen enough of this... though it was still hard to see through the fog, anad now the lights had cut out, drawing their guns. “Hands in the air and get on the ground!” they ordered.

Elisa closed her umbrella, flipping it over and grabbing the cane part as she rushed forward towards them. The oncoming gunfire shot past her, and she ran, unflinching towards them. Once she got in range, a sharp, double edged blade comes out of the umbrella, and she brings it to the police officers body, snuffing him out. Using the second police officers shock, she spins, kicking his legs out from underneath him and dispatching him as well. She flicked her blade clean an re-sheathed it, just as quickly as she had drawn it.

“Nicely done.” Came Mariah's voice from the other cop car... behind her were two equally dead cops. As the firemen saw this, they began to run, but were gunned down by Trent..

“See, what I tell you? I got us far more than an ambulance. I got us two cop cars and a firetruck worth of stuff.

“I suppose you did.” Mariah agrees. “Grab their weapons and anything we can use and drop them into the ambulence, and dispose of the evidence and the bodies. We were never here.” She says. “Syn, how goes it?”

A man gives a thumbs up from the ambulance. “Almost got it back online. I'm getting rid of the navigation and tracking systems now.”

“Perfect.” Mariah says with a grin as Trent and Elisa packe everything in. She wakes the paramedics up. “Good Evening, sleepyheads.” She says with a sweet smile.

The paramedics blinked, looking aroun, seeing the little girl drag the bodies away, they began to panic. “Hush now.” Mariah ordered. “You still have a use to me... besides, no one can hear you scream this far out.” She said. She blinked, and her eyes turned into a glistening gold. “Besides, just look at me... aren't I... beautiful? Wouldn't you rather listen to someone as lovely as me than be scared of me? Don't you two want... to make me happy?” She asked.

The paramedics were simply no match, and they nodded. “Good boys.” She said, patting their heads. “Strip, get rid of anything that can track you, help your new friends, and get in the ambulence. I'm going to take you two home with me.”

“We're good to go!” Trent said, hoping in the driver's seat. “Good job everyone... how did you think it went, M'lady?”

“Hmm... I think you've earned your job from this.” Mariah agrees. “Now, hide this thing, give it a paint job, and let us quit this place.”

“You got it boss.” Trent says, patting Elisa's head, who sat next to her. “See? Wasn't that a blast?”

“Well... it had it's moment.” Elisa said with a shrug Trent hands her a sucker, and she eyes it, snatching it and putting it in her mouth. Mariah hopped on the be they used and leaned back as they drove back home with their bounty.

Intermission- End

After the 'event,' Danielle had made a hasty retreat from the infirmary. She had stayed in her room almost the entire week, leaving only to see Mariah and when she was called upon to eat. The 'knight' was ashamed of herself. Of her actions. How could she have even considered striking Flora? ..Flora.. She only learned her name afterwards. Hell, out of everyone in the whole building she probably deserved it the least. Quite simply, she felt terrible. She was terrible. How could she ever face the nur- Flora, ever again? She couldn't. And hadn't. Danielle had not visited her in the infirmary.. Not because she couldn't, but because she couldn't. She was stopping herself, and she knew it. ..But it were her words that hurt the most. She had heard them in the moment, but hadn't really listened. It was only after that they sunk in.

Days in her room did her no good. They were lonely, though she didn't really want to see anyone. Anyone that arrived was turned down, her usual social activity replaced tenfold by the company of her forge. Within it, she labored on a piece for the time she had not spend doing her usual things. Heating, engraving, creating some way to express herself.. She worked until her arms were sore, spending the majority of her time trying to perfect the piece. Sleeping was optional, and by the end she was satisfied with her results. The locket was primarily made of a strong iron, a delicate pattern of leaves and vines between the edge and inner circle of the spherical object. They curved up, around the center to stop just below a tiny silver bird that was made to look as if it was flying. Around it, simple pattern of ovals and beads lined the edges; the piece made whole by a brilliant blue sapphire in the center. It was small enough to fit in her hand, though sturdy enough to be thrown off a cliff. At the end, she attached a silver chain to it, making it into a piece to be worn around the neck. ..It was the first piece in a long time she had created without the intent of seeing battle, and she felt confident it was done well. Done well.. But with sorrow. She had heard of channeling emotions into your artwork, and in this case she had done just that.

Finally done, the knight holds the locket in her hands, sighing and sitting on the edge of her unmade bed. Examining it, and just staring at it. Was this all she had after a weeks work? It was so.. Small. Not like most things she made. It would just have to do.

4a10dcd62135e4269d74788c32780bac.jpg

"Righto." Zarred seemed rather pleased with the whole situation, and why wouldn't he be. He was going to spend the rest of his life with Mariah! The only bothersome thing was that the pesky female ghost who almost raped him continued to "haunt" him by shaking the bed and doing other such things. Thankfully, his Eric-Senpai was able to keep everything calm and heal all of his wounds. What a great guy. Mariah only picked the best servants! The paramedics were top-notch, the woman could seriously make no mistakes.

Now that he was fully recovered, Zarred felt more comfortable in his own body again and much less depressed. He spent the week meditating and thinking about his one and only love. It filled him with a newfound joy and will to carry on. He quickly left the infirmary, trying to avoid Vance and the others. Klab walked into the cafeteria with his MP3 player blasting Chill House music into his ears as he stared up at the menu and considered what to order. The MP3 player was a gift from the Free Council, besides just being able to play music it also acted as a magical focus. He would have thrown it away, but it looked so cool and it was also irreplaceable. He couldn't just grab another MP3 player and attune to it without a lot of work. The player was painted black with a skull design on the back of it. Zarred tapped his foot and decided just to get himself some toast and eggs with milk after struggling for like, five minutes.

After grabbing his food, he checked around the room to see if Aurora was anywhere in the cafeteria. He hadn't seen her in a week, though it felt like a month. The guilt still ate away at him every day, and he couldn't forgive himself for what he did to her until he personally apologized. He was sure she was healed from the assault by now, but he knew from personal knowledge that the mental damage that it left on both of them wouldn't heal as easily.

Flora spent her week in the infirmary tormented by fear and anxiety after her injury, never in her life had she been hurt like that, never had she been so close to dying. The memories of the event tormented her and she would often have minor panic attacks during the day when she was conscious, is this what it felt like? Flora had taken care of people in hospitals before recovering from serious injuries and such but she never realized that it would feel this horrible. The main thought that plagued Floras mind was Danielle, Flora feared the woman after what had happened, sometimes having night mares of the woman striking her again, and in some rare occurrences finishing her off, her glaring eyes burning into her memory. She spent most of her time trying to distract herself by listening to music on her phone, Eric had been kinda and helped tend to her as did the paramedics but sadly despite all they did there was a nasty scar left on her body. The scar streaked from left to right stopping just mid way though her chest just above the woman's breasts, a branded reminder of what had happened to her, and a warning. Despite all this it wasn't so bad, she had her music and she had a plethora of visitors, many of the were cultist she had treated and there friends. Upon her release Flora was still a bit shaky but was perfectly healthy, well her body was healthy her mind however was still plagued with the fear of Danille and the memories of her flesh an bones being cleaved and broken through. As she walked from the infirmary she made her way down to the cafeteria eager to get something to eat, a bit hungry from her time in the infirmary and craving some eggs and a type of meat. Grabbing the food along with an apple Flora chose to go eat alone in her room, she didn't really feel like interacting with any of the other cultist, asking her if she was ok or how she was feeling. She couldn't bear the thought of saying the truth... disturbed and filled with fear. At least now she had a scar on her body to match the one in her mind, now she could never forget what had happened to her. So forcing a smile and nodding to a few acquaintances and earlier patients she made her way to her room, first making sure to seek out the 2 that were in the infirmary previously before Elisa and moved them, it was her responsibility to make sure they were ok after all. As Flora Walked to her room that thought got her thinking. If she spent all her time making sure others are ok, who will bother to check on her? Its not like Flora had any friends in this prison, only Zarred and something changed with him, he was definitely different from when they had first met. That added to Floras fear, she didn't want to change and the thought of what they did to him scared her. She mauled over her thoughts as she walked on wondering what would come next.

It had been a week since Auroras' life had been turned upside-down. Currently she relaxed in the empty dining hall, laying in an alcove seating area off in the back of the room. To reflect her gloomy mood, her attire was reminiscent of when she had been in her depressive state. She wore a black corset, highlighted by gold hinges, a simple black skirt that showed off a slight bit of her midriff and reached to her ankles. All of this was set with a pair of black heavy boots that had a pentagram and silver chain. So as to not show off to much skin she wore an over-sized black hoodie that had golden wings on the back. She adorned no make-up and her hair was set free from their usual braids. It was against all the things she had trained herself to like, but at this point it didn't matter to her.

Aurora laid there contemplating her last week in the cult. She hadn't had the chance to talk to Zarred like she wanted to, which frustrated her to no end, but she knew she had to be bide her time; she would get her chance. For the most part she had kept to herself, keeping her head low as she tried to learn the layout of the place. She had been granted clearance to the first few floor, and could at this point navigate well enough if she needed to. She had tried finding an area that would give her access to fresh air or sunlight, but had been sadly disappointed. By chatting with a few people who guarded the entrance, she had learned that they were underground, and not to her surprised, she wasn't allowed out. That had been the extent of the first few days.

Aurora sighed in remembrance and looked down as a she felt a slight pressure on her stomach. She smiled at her cat and scratched behind his ear as he made himself comfortable on her. "At least I've got you, Luci" As she pet him, she thought back to the fourth day she had been here. After another night of no progress she had gone back to her room to find her cat sitting on her bed staring at her, as if waiting. She had cried because of how happy she had been. That night she had slept the best she had since being there, feeling the slight comfort of something familiar. The next morning when she had gone to brush her hair, she saw a note on her dresser that she hadn't seen the night before.

Dear Aurora,

I thought that having a familiar face might make the transition to your new life that much easier. Do realize this is an advance for the work that is soon to come. Be good and more gift will come to you. If not, well let us hope that no ill luck will befall precious Lucifer.

~Mariah

Thinking back on it still sent a shiver down her spine, she instinctively wrapped her arms around her companion, running her fingers through his soft mane. Aurora closed her eyes, relaxing the best should could. Not only was she hostage, but now her cat was too. "I wish we could just get out of this mess and go back home. If that asshat hadn't brought me here, we could be at home watching Friends reruns." She growled in frustration, before smiling, eyes still closed. "If we ever see the jerkwad, give him a good clawing got it Lucifer?" She said only half joking, to which the cat only gave a disgruntled 'Meooow'.

"Oh hey, there you are." Zarred took a seat on the other end of the seat where Aurora was sitting. He was fast, not as fast as a vampire with super-speed, but very fast for a human. "I've been stuck in the infirmary for a week. I've been trying to find you since I came back from the mission, but everything went to hell." He sighed, taking out his earbuds and putting the player on the table with his food. He turned to look at her, "I...I wanted to apologize for how I hurt you, really...I've been wanting to this whole time." The genuine nature of concern echoed out from his voice, with a wavering that felt like it came from guilt and sadness. "You don't have to forgive me, it's ok...I just needed to say it to your face."

He turned away from her while he waited for an answer and started to eat his toast awkwardly, picking up pieces with his fork and chewing them. It was the first time in a while he had real food rather than hospital food. His new attitude helped him to appreciate his life more, and actually tasting and enjoying food again helped him fill himself with a sense of emotion rather than being the unfeeling shell that he put out to others. He tried to show Aurora that he cared, but he figured she wouldn't buy it. He just there silently looking down at his plate and chewing without saying another word.

Aurora sat up with a jerk, not expecting someone, let alone the person of her current ire, to sit at the end of her booth. Lucifer jumped away at the sudden movement, deciding to sit on the other side of the woman. She looked at him, giving him a bit of a stink eye as she scooted to the side a bit more, making more space between the two. After her initial glare, she looked down at her lap as her right hand petted her cat, she listen intently. 'He seems sincere, and even I knew they had the infirmary on lock down, guess that's why....He was really injured and....and that still doesn't make up for what he did! Aurora, he screwed you over, don't let him go that easily.' Her mind was in turmoil as he silently ate. After a few more moments of silence, she looked up at him with an determined, yet even face.

"Why?" She simply asked in a calm, but also hard tone. "Why did you do it if your so guilty over it all? And don't give me some bullshit about it 'being your mission' or 'just because you had to'. And for that matter you said you would get me out of this hel-" She cut herself off, looking around to make sure she wasn't being heard. "....this place. Whatever happened to that plan? I want real, solid answers. If I like your answers, we will see if you deserve my forgiveness." Her tone though it all stayed even as well as her gaze. Her hands had since moved to her lap, clenched, the only sign of her inner struggle. She looked at him, her emerald eyes watching him as if staring into his being, trying to tell what was true and what was a lie.

"I had to prove to them I was serious about this cult business. I was a spy...past tense." He turned to her slowly while picking up another bit of food with his free hand. The first thing he was going to say was 'he had to and that it was his mission', but she shut him down there. He had to give her the deeper truth. "I don't have any reason to hide it anymore. I...I just thought I'd have to come in here and hang out with some vampires. Maybe I'd even...get along with them...I dunno. I didn't sign up for this to kidnap girl. As soon as I saw you in the bathroom...I...was thinking of ways to get us both out." He stabbed his fork violently into the eggs, scattering the bits around the plate, like human guts splattering, with a clang. "She was there...Danielle...I couldn't risk trying to get away." He breathed in, trying to calm down. "Did you see her?! She sliced Flora...in front of me...We were all stuck in that infirmary together, and she was crying about her...her...her...parents." His voice cracked, raising in tone to reflect both anger and fear at the same time. "As for my second plan..." he took another long breath, trying to remember him, "In layman's terms...spell fucked up...I was trying to teleport the two of us into Twilight, but I mixed you and Danielle up." He scooped the eggs together and shoveled a bit into his mouth. "That part shouldn't have hurt or anything, should've been perfectly safe...so I don't feel TOO bad about that. Could've been much worse, your soul didn't get damaged or anything." He continued to eat, exchanging occasional glances at her.

It was a lot of information to take in at once, but at least he was being honest with her, from what she could tell at least. "So your one of those wizards or whatever? Danielle and Eric said I was one too...or something Eric was more vague about it all. Wait....maybe he is a wizard too, why didn't I see it!" She said completely sidetracked. "Dang it what did he say....Once you understand the doors of death, the weft and weave of fate, the currents of time, the pulse of life, the world just makes a little more sense. Ya I'm pretty sure that was it. Does this mean it will be easier to....What? Why are you staring at me?" She asked completely confused as to his intense stare.

Klab stared intensely towards her forehead, glancing deep into her soul as he was focused on determining if she really was a mage. However, instead, he gazed into the Abyss. He saw a vision of her in chains, with a cloaked figure behind her, and behind that it looked like a clock. Aurora would notice that his eyes would start to turn black, eclipsing from glowing white to a dark black. Blood started to drip from his eyes, forming splotches and splashes of red on his dim black eyes. He forced himself to keep it active, even if it burned him to his core. He struggled, curiosity forcing him to try to read the clock. They looked like Atlantean Runes, not numbers, but he knew how to read them. Maybe...if he just focused for a bit longer...

Blood leaked down his face, and after the words flooded into his mind, he lost consciousness and fell into a painful sleep as he considered what it might mean.

Aurora blinked wondering what was going on, until Zarreds' eyes went full on black and began bleeding. "Oh gods! Wh-what's going on? Zarred?" She asked moving closer, trying to shake him slightly. At that point his eyes bled more, "Zarred!? Stop it! This is REALLY freaking me out. Zarred!" She shook him again, this time harder. She watched in horror as his body went limp, his head falling onto her shoulder. As the blood began to soak through her jacket and onto her skin, she felt a chill go down her spine. She moved him onto the floor, sitting him up against the booth. She tore off her jacket, trying to clean off as much blood as she could, trying to stop the flow if possible. "SOMEONE HELP PLEASE! WE NEED A DOCTOR!" She screamed, her own eyes overflowing with normal salty tears. She wasn't sure what she could do, so she did her best to something at least.

Danielle held the locket in her hands, opening it and sighing. She had thought of nothing to put in it.. Well, she had, but they were never enough. Nothing expressed how she felt; at least not in a way that she wanted Flora to keep with her. ..Assuming she accepted the gift. And the apology. And.. Agh. Why had Mariah waited so long with her punishment? Why did she give to her so much time to collapse upon herself and think about what she should have done? She couldn't write 'sorry I stabbed you' in the locket, that would just bring up the event again.. Nor could she say something romantic, that wouldn't fit at all.. No. It couldn't work. She would present it as it was.. Eventually.. Danielle flops back onto her bed, the crimson covers in disarray over the mattress. She lays on her side, clutching the silver chain of the jewelry in her hand. Time passes around her, the girl closing her eyes and allowing her mind to roam.. She had long since figured out what had caused her to snap. The situation was almost an clone of what she had gone through when she had become a ghoul.. As she grew more distant from her friends and family, they came and tried to check on her. Redeem her. Talk to her. ..But it was too late, her will was already Mariah's. She pushed them away further, being called some terrible things and saying them back in turn. Her best friend in particular found out about.. Well, everything. The cult, vampirism, how she was recruited.. It was a shock it didn't break her. Once Danielle had been called out on it, they had argued a great deal - Resulting in the friend declaring that if she didn't stop it herself, she was going to get the army involved. ..And Danielle could not let that happen.

Shaking her thoughts away, Danielle tried to refocus on something more positive.. More.. Relevant.

..That was it. She figured out what she would do. Checking the clock, she found that she had only been laying there for half an hour. It felt like an eternity - But no matter. Danielle lifted herself from the bed, heading to the room beside hers - The one with her forge. Though there were enough tools to last her a lifetime, she only needed one for this. The engraver. She places the locket on the workbench, opening the fold and pressing the engraver along the edges of the inner circle. What she had decided on was a quote; one that she had learned in highschool. She had never caught much from the institution her parents to eagerly wanted to succeed in, though she did manage to recall some things from time to time.. What she had was a quote; a line from a poem. She felt it would fit quite well within the context, and went to work carefully engraving each letter in a fitting font around the central sapphire..

"The innocent and the beautiful have no enemy but time" -W. Yeats

Flora laid in her room after eating breakfast, snuggling her pillow pet as she did so thinking. Her thoughts were pretty jumbled up she really didn’t know what to think really, the events had happened to fast. She remembered Danielle was trying to stab Vance, but Flora couldn’t allow that, the man was giving himself up at that point, there was no need for a meaningless death. So Flora just went in, she really didn’t mean to harm or offend Danielle if she did she just didn’t want to see someone die like that. So she just tried her best to pull Danielle away and reason with her but the next thing she knew the womans blade had embedded itself into floras chest. Flora put a hand over her chest where the twisted scar lied beneath her clothing, the memories of the pain still fresh in her mind.

Despite what Danielle did, Flora just couldn’t bring herself to hate or even dislike the woman. All she felt was fear towards Danielle, the pain, it had been so excruciating and Danielle looked at Flora with pure hatred, did she hate flora from before? Flora couldn’t think of anything she had done to ever anger the knight at all really, in fact before the incident even occurred Flora just wanted to get to know her better, they even seemed on good terms. Maybe even become friends with her, she wanted to still but now... The girl curled up into a ball on her bed. She tried to think of Danielle, the times she had seen her with Mariah or sitting on the infirmary bed but all Flora could see was the woman's angered expression looking down on her. Flora had obviously angered her the way that Danielle had glared at her, yelling and cutting through her with fury, the images sent shivers down Floras spine. But what had Flora done to upset her? Did stopping her from stabbing someone really upset her that much? No there was something else... maybe it was when Flora had mentioned Mariah?

Mariah.... Flora remembered her coming into the infirmary shortly after what had happened, she remembered that mariah had said that Danielle would be punished when Flora had recovered. Punished? Flora didn’t like the sound of that at all, what would Mariah do to Danielle? Flora gripped her head, was someone going to get hurt again? No she didn’t want that, she wanted the pain to stop, she didn’t care about herself at this point she was just tired of seeing the people around her suffering. It was getting too much to bear, first Zarred, then Vance, now Danielle would get hurt? “No... No i don’t want that to happen...” Flora said in a determined voice to herself slowly uncurling from the ball she was in and moving to sit on the side of the bed. Yes she feared Danielle but she didn’t want to see her suffer because of her, even if it made sense Flora didn’t want to see anyone else suffer. She had to go see Mariah, plead with the woman to let Danielle go by unscathed, hell she would even beg at this point and use the reward she was offered. Did Flora really care about Danielles well being even after what she had done?

Flora shook her head getting up from the bed, no she couldn’t think about that, she was the cults nurse, of course the well being of its inhabitants would be her priority, there couldn’t be any feelings there this was just her job... Equipping her Kukri to her side as she always did she went to put on a new outfit. Black Jeans, a white shirt, black leather boots, and finally a black denim jacket to match her jeans. She made her way out of her room at a brisk pace, her destination was obvious, she was going to speak with Mariah and try to prevent anyone in the cult anymore pain.

• Eric ran in at the shouting, looking at Zarred... he would facepalm seeing the man, complete with bloody eyes. "Oh boy... this is exciting." He said in a completely monotone voice "What the hell happened?" He asked her as he sat down, tending to the man's eyes, examining them profusely. "I don't know of any sight that causes blood... what was this idiot doing?" He asked, picking him up. "Come along, we're going to the infirmary." He says

"I-I don't know." Aurora said with a slight frantic edge to her voice. She followed Erics brisk pace, having to nearly run to keep up. She wiped her eyes of the few tears of frustration that had fallen, only to leave a small streak of blood on her cheek. When they made it to the infirmary she sat off to the side, watching Eric do his thing. This was weird to say the least, and the last thing she needed was to get blamed for it all. "We were talking that's all. After a few minutes or so, his eyes went all white, but then went completely black. I thought he was just trying to be freaky at first, since we were talking about spells and stuff, but then he started bleeding. He wouldn't respond when I told him to stop, and then he passed out. If I did this to him, I swear it wasn't on purpose.....Is he going to be okay?" She asked worry coating her tone. She still hadn't quite forgiven him and still wanted answers, but she wasn't heartless enough to not care for another persons well being.

Flora made her way toward mariah office eager to speak with the woman. As she approached she heard the woman say enter from within the room, at least that saved flora the bother of knocking and waiting. Flora opened the door entering the room, she still looked a bit shaken up but other wise fine. "Hello mariah, I apologize for coming earlier than expected if you were busy. I just wanted to talk a bit alone with you..." Flora said in a steady voice as she faced the woman, the only person here that really had shown flora any care or sympathy. Flora had come to resolve the problem before it got worse. " I hope you don't mind..." z, B m b

Flora said in a slightly worried tone hoping she didn't upset the woman. After all she was here to ask the woman a favor, even if she ,might deny her Flora had to try.

• "Is that right? Idiot probably flubbed up magic... what idiot casts in front of sleepers?!" He asks, annoyed as he sets Zarred onto a bed, examining him thoroughly "Wait, he was talking to you about spells? That goes against everything most mages know and love... the whole reason all the humans don't know about us is because they keep it secret." He explains.

"I'll do what i can for him... he has orders he needs to recieve an I'm not going to be the one to tell Mariah that he got beat up five minutes after leaving my care."

Flora Approached the woman hesitantly, not really paying much attention to the cooler, she didn't want to be distracted from what she was about to do. "I-I came here to ask you a favor Mariah..." Flora said a bit nervously, still not having fully recovered from her shakiness after the attack. She just hoped that this would go smoothly so the nurse wouldn't have to feel as stressed. "Y-you see I over heard that you were going to punish D-Danielle after what she had done to me, I came here to request that you n-not punish h-her..." Flra said slightly stuttering a bit as she talked, putting her hand over where the scar had formed as she faced Mariah. "I-I don't want to see anymore suffering here, from the beginning I wanted to see the cult as my friend and I still do its just..." Flora looks down at the floor tearing up a bit. "Its just as of recent I feel its just been one pain after another, aurora coming in angry and confused, Zarred coming from the edge of death and back, this new man Vance I tried to treat then protect as da-" Flora choked a bit as she spoke but forced her self to continue. "M-my point is so much has happened and so many have been in pain recently. I just want it to stop, that's why i'm asking you, no begging you to please excuse Danielle for what she did." Flora said, a single tear falling down her cheek. "I don't want to see anyone suffering here anymore so please, please spare her that..." Flora said now openly begging the woman, she feared Danielle, even the thoughts of the woman terrified her and haunted her dreams. But that didn't mean Flora wanted to see her suffer, it just didn't seem right to Flora wanting revenge, it just didn't make sense to her how one could feel satisfied with the suffering of another....

Vance had woken up, it had been about a week since he's been captured. He had played along with the cult to try to keep himself alive since he doubted that there would be another fool with a bleeding heart complex to take a sword for him again. Though that was a stroke of luck that the events came about like that, it gave the man an idea on what he could do to get out of here. Hell he didn't even need to bring a bomb in the place half the people in this group where explosions waiting to happen, all Vance needed to do was find the right triggers. Getting off the bed he moved his now healed body stretching and yawning, well at least the one good thing about being a captive is it gives you the time to heal. And after the doctor had looked him all he really had was time.

After telling what he knew, that truthfully was not much. Vance was given a bit of freedom about the building. He was not aloud to leave and he was watched, it was more likely to keep him from escaping rather then making sure the countless psychopaths don't try to kill him. He moved down to the cafeteria to get his morning meal, he had to keep himself fed and strong if he wanted to escape after all.

Mariah considered the woman's request. "I understand that you don't want anyone to get hurt being a nurse, ana\d I respect that... but understand that Danielle's actions caused me no small amount of grief. She will be punished... but at your request, I will lessen the severity of it... since you were the wronged party after all. Still, I had to go steal an ambulance... it's not easy to get one, after all." She says

She pauses, thinking about it. "Actually, while you're here, you can go ahead and receive your orders." She says, pulling out an envelop. "I'm sending You, Eric, and Aurora to one of my other facilities to begin actively assisting with advancing my goals." She explains. "Aurora will be tasked with making the ghosts ready for experimentation, you're going to be providing medical hel and otherwise keeping an eye on things with magic... you'll understand when you arrive there. I'm warning you right now... the place is teeming with kindred. You may have to defend yourself... and Aurora, in case anything goes wrong.. Aurora is one of my needed assets an i can't afford to find another medium, so guard her well... do you understand?" She asked

“I-i see thank you Mariah, I really do appreciate it.” Flora said giving the woman a slight nod. She wasn’t able to prevent it but at least she knew that the punishment wouldn’t be as bad, Flora reasoned with herself. She tried herself but thats all she could do after all. She just hoped that Danielle and everyone else would be ok. And a whole ambulance? Was this woman serious!?!

Flora nods her head at the woman orders. “I see so were going to go to the facility and you want me to make sure Aurora is protected and that every thing is going smoothly, alright I’ll try my best." Flora said as she left the regents office, choosing not to speak out against the woman's decision. Despite Flora saying that she was pretty confused by what Mariah was doing. Neither Flora or Aurora were fighters so why was this woman sending them to a place where they would be surround by vampires and be in constant danger of being attacked? Flora shook her head, this reminded her of the Bay of Pigs invasion, except instead of becoming just prisoners if they surrendered they would become a food source, lovely. Flora understood why mariah wanted them both there but Flora wasn’t a body guard so asking her to guard Aurora made no sense and on top of that Aurora might not even know much about vampires... Flora continued to contemplate what Mariah was thinking based on her decisions, she made her way down to the infirmary to meet up with Aurora and Eric. It was times like these she wished she was back in New York living with Vera, Flora thought to herself as she tried to remember why they were separated...

*later that day, Mariah's office*

Once everyone had gathered... and actually AWAKE from the events that had occurred later Mariah smiled, looking at them all. Zarred, the loyal blood bonded Death Mage. Danielle, her trusty sword. Elisa, the Lolita Stonewall. Vance, the Charming Terrorist..."It's good to see everyone here is well... I know it must have been a boring week for everyone, seeing as how you all needed to heal up. Still, it's time to put you all to work... sorry... Vance was it? I usually put the new people on small duty, ,but this is a mission that I need your cooperation on." She says. "I prefer to let those under me act willingly... please don't make me do otherwise... it's a simple mission for you actually.

Mariah took some papers... the papers Zarred had wrote. "The Free Council... I don't know how these people found out about me, but they went as far as to send two spies to infiltrate me... if that isn't an act of war, I don't know what is." She says. "Everyone present... i'm sending on a reverse infiltration mission. I need to know how high up this goes. Who is involved, who knows anything that might expose me further.... and how much they know. Find and erase any evidence. Your liason, this Festmus, use Vance wanting his paycheck to lure him out and kill him, then the assembly that voted for them. Danielle and Elisa are going with you two because they can get past a mages detection. Before i continue, are there any questions?"

She looks at Danielle pointedly. "And Danielle... if you succeed this mission, I will grant one of your desires... i will let you join me at my side, so work hard. This is very important to me.

Zarred rubbed at his bloody eyes, feeling better for a moment. Most of the pain wasn't physical, but it scratched at his soul. As his spirit bled, he watched Mariah with awe and wonder as if he was viewing a goddess. "I will gladly murder those mages, they told me your blood was evil, probably to stop me from enjoying it." He looked up towards Cece, Danielle, Vance, and Elisa...surveying his new team. "Um, who are you?" he looked towards Elisa, having never seen her at all within his time in the cult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back