• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Souls of Salem [WoD]

@ValkyrieRose

Zarred gritted his teeth. He was loyal to Mariah, but he had no loyalties toward this man. Hearing him speaking down to him made him very clearly angry. "It wasn't 'simple'...you'd know that if you saw what I saw." He stated bluntly as he glared at him, clearly showing more attention to the man than he was given while he was doing paperwork. "I wanted your help to get better prepared for this mission, you're more experienced than me and I figured I could learn something useful from you. At the free council I learned how to master certain techniques, and I know that you must have some of your own. I'm going to be dealing with other mages, and I KNOW you've fought them before. You're the only one here worth asking for help, because there aren't any other awakened here." He tried to keep Flora's cover intact even though it had already been broken, because he wasn't aware she revealed her nature already. "I would honestly trust your expertise more than I would Vance or that Sheriff at this point..." he sighed, rubbing his temple as he struggled to contemplate how he was going to survive on this team.

At this point Zarred was wearing more formal clothes, a black jacket and white shirt that both had a stitch design running down both of them, making it look like his entire outfit had some weird frankenstein theme. He still wore the same gloves and rings in the same order along his hand.

Danielle released Vance, noticing the slack in his posture. He had given up. Good. She looks up to Mariah, noting that Zarred had just walked out of the room. At least he had changed his mindset. "With your leave I shall prepare myself for this mission. May I have permission to be dismissed my queen?" She looked to her with a stern expression, somewhat tired of having to deal with uncooperative prisoners. The knight had more important things to do.. Or so she told herself, fiddling the locket in her hands. She stood upright, with one hand by her side and the other on her newest creation, waiting patiently and regarding Mariah with her crimson red eyes.. A trait they both shared now. The thought of being a vampire still ran through her mind.. Or perhaps Mariah was alluding to giving her some love? Either way, they motivated her immensely. This was one task where she couldn't allow her team to hold her back. ..But, if she was being honest, she knew she couldn't do it without at least a bit of help..

Flora studied the girl as she spoke, she didn't really have the chance to look her over when they were running around and treating patients last week. There was.. something about her that seemed eerily familiar? Flora couldnt put her finger on it, she never really met any family except her own parents, sure there were a few picture that were shared from relatives and the occasional visit but that was it. Flora had mostly forgotten about all that after her parents died, after all no one came for her after she was place in the orphanage...

"Excuse me Miss Elisa wait, i wanted to ask you something..." Flora said trying to get the girl attention before she walked off. "What is your last name?" Flora let the question hang in the air, this was something she to have an answer to. She hoped that her suspicions were false, she had remembered a few family names from pictures her mother used to show her and if that came back to haunt her now...

• Eric studied him for a moment. "The last time I took on an apprentice my life got ruined." He says, looking at him carefully. "If you want to learn something like Fate or Time magic, I won't... i don't know you that well. If you just want to learn a few spells that might make your job of fucking with the other mages easier i can and most certainly will give you those and speed you on your way. Honestly the more mages that burn the better." He says, standing up and cricking his neck. "Alright, so let's figure out what you can and can't do, shall we?

(Velkys has/willing to teach you the following. EXP may be spent at this time to learn them, but you will take a penalty until you 'learn' them.

Devouring the Slain

Orpheus' Lament

Control Ghost

Animate Shadows),

@ValkyrieRose

"And who was that, the last apprentice you had?" Zarred raised an eyebrow. He figured the man wouldn't give him a direct answer, but he was too curious about it to not at least attempt to pry. He decided what he wanted to be able to do, but he waited until after Eric gave him a non-answer to respond. After this, he would seek out the Sherif and attempt to grill her a bit as well. He wanted to be as prepared as possible for this mission, mostly because he didn't want to let Mariah down.

The thought then crossed his mind...he was going to have to see all those people again. The people who accepted him into their world and pulled him out of the darkness. Fastimus, who trusted him to spy on the woman he now called his Lady. Vera, who he still never really got the chance to meet, but he figured she would've made a good partner if he got to know her. He didn't know of too many beyond them...but there was a whole community of mages that he would have to go there and face. Compounding that with the fact that he was now about to take lessons from someone who said 'the more mages that burn, the better' and it made him a bit nervous. He swallowed the nervousness, but it still showed on his face, and continued to examine Eric as he wondered what he would say.

Meanwhile, the ghost of Cecilia whispered to Eric, floating behind him and bending towards his ear while Zarred was blind to her presence. "Please, help me get away from this asshole. At this point, I'd settle for being with anybody besides him...maybe even be locked up again, but I refuse to deal with his lovey-dovey bullshit around this Mariah person. He never shuts up about her!"

(Spent the EXP, I'm going to learn Animate Shadows)

Last edited by a moderator:
"I see, thank you Elisa..." Flora said in a low voice. 'No it cant be, it probably just a coincidence....' Flora said turning on her heel and quickly making her way to her room. Upon entering her room she flopped on her bed beside her stuffed panda looking up at the ceiling. Things seemed to be happening so fast, Flora didn't know what to think of it all... The past month seemed to go smoothly then all of a sudden things seemed to fall into chaos. She thought she would like it here, make friends with the other cult members and such but so far it didn't seem to go well at all. She had stabbed zarred instinctively, told them she was a mage, and nearly gotten killed by the regents body guard.... 'Not to mention i didnt expect family to be so close... my cousin is here and she isn't even human... I wish my parents were still around maybe they could have explained about the other branches of our family..' Flora had recognized the Elisa's name had decided to wait until now for her family name to confirm her suspicions, it was indeed someone form her mothers side. Flora didn't know much about them only knowing that she had cousins in other states, her parents died before she had a chance to visit them and since the word never really got out about there death no one came for little Cynthia...

"Ugh this is not the time to stress... i need some relief ugh..." Cynthia looked over the room then to the door. 'I'm alone and i don't think anyone going to come visit me... might as well have a little fun~' Flora giggled to herself before getting up and locking the door. "What the hell am i thinking? its been a month since I've been with Vera i need this.." Flora said to herself as she made her way back to her bed, intent on relieving herself before she left for her trip. Hopefully no one would interrupt the nurses relief session....

@NovaPheonix

"Meh, a woman that I trusted, only to be betrayed at the last second. I lost my family thanks to that bitch. He says, seething. "I'll find her one of these days, and i'll make her pay. I hate how mages are like that.... and how others react is just...." He says, taking a moment an stopping, taking the time to teach Zarred how to animate the shadow, showing him the hand motions neee. "The key is to understand what darkness is. I've use this a few times to escape a situation i didn't like or to provide distraction. It shoul be of use to you." He says.

He turns looking at Ceceila. "Oh yes, the ghost... I can transfer your anchor if you want, or give you to another person... are you sure you want that, though? You and Zarre seem close even now."

"Thank you, mistress." Danielle says with a short bow, turning and leaving the room. She made a brisk walk right to the infirmary, peeking in to find Zarred and Velkys doing.. Something. It crossed her mind that the two of them might be conspiring against Mariah, but Zarred was addicted to her blood now, so that wouldn't make much sense.. But that was not what she was there for. The girl checks the room for the nurse, seeing that she wasn't there and leaving not a moment later. She wasn't sure if she would have any time to present it to her during her mission, so the sooner the better. ..The next place that came to mind for her was her room, which she already knew the position of. Making another trip down the hallway, she passed Elise and Aurora this time.. Ignoring them both and moving to one of the room past them. She takes a moment to recover, breathing a deep breath and listening..

..Was that.. Moaning..?

Danielle waited, focusing on the noise. It was certainly moaning, and lots of it. Was Flora having an affair with one of the cult members..? Or was she just..? The knight takes the locket off of her neck with a blush that quickly faded, and an image remained in her head long after. She clasped the jewelry in her hand as she moves to knock on the door. Three quick taps should be enough to get the message across.. She prepared herself to hear what could perhaps be confusion and scurrying to get clothes on.. Not that she minded waiting, of course. What Flora did in her spare time was none of her concern.. Unless it hurt Mariah; but somehow she doubted that this kind of thing would.

@ValkyrieRose

"Why does their death matter to you?" Zarred looked a bit confused towards him, "Everyone around me who died...I can just visit and talk to them whenever I want...that's why I was able to get over everyone's deaths. Sure, visiting my parents in the Underworld is harder, but it's not something I do often." Zarred scoffed a bit, "So you're someone who can control Death, and you let Death bother you, man, you're kinda short-sighted then. If you wanna go visit your parents, I can probably find them for you. That's why I don't feel bad about killing someone anymore, at least...most of the time. It's because I have awakened to a true understanding of Death, and I thought you did too. So you let these people pay you with worthless money, and you get all worked up about Death. Wow." he mumbled the last bit to himself. "If you're going to ask Mariah to pay you, you need to ask for something with sympathetic value...trust me...those kinda trinkets are going to be more valuable to you than cash when the time comes. We even used magic in the Council to MAKE money, so I don't know why you think you need it."

After his short speech, Zarred took in his lessons and made his way out of the room. He left his girlfriend there, unable to notice her. "I don't care if you bind me to someone else, I just can't stand him anymore after what he's been doing. He hasn't even made good on his promise. That woman promised to help him, but she's done nothing but use that as an excuse to flirt with him. Frankly, I don't even want to be a 'zombie', that's just his weird ass fantasy...not mine." That's how Cece saw it from her perspective, anyway.

Flora was thoroughly enjoying her little stress relief session, until someone came knocking on her door. "Eeep!" The girl squeaked, quickly halting everything she was doing and scrambled out of bed. "I-i-i, sorry ill be there in just a minute!" Flora called out to the door, 'Why is someone here!?!? Did they hear me?!? oh god why...' Flora thought to her self quickly putting on a pair of lacy underwear and a white blouse, not bothering with a bra. The blouse was long enough that it would cover most of her body including some of her lower half. "Y-yes hello?" Flora says opening the door only to see Danielle... "O-oh... D-danielle what a pleasant surprise..." Flora said, it was embarrassing that she had to answer the door in such a hurry, but to Danielle? She hadn't expected her of all people, maybe this was her chance? "Oh um uh did you want to speak with me about something perhaps?.... you didnt hear that r-r-right?" The girl said in a low fearful tone, her face still carrying a heavy blush from what she was just doing.

Danielle does her best to smile for Flora as she answers the door, immediately getting distracted by the combination of her lacy, half naked body and the smell of sex on her.. Her eyes quickly recover, but not until she had gotten a moment to check her out first. Gods, how could she answer her door in such scandalous and terribly attractive clothes..? As composed as the knight was, she could only handle so much in terms of good looks - Even Mariah wore more than that.. However, her face betrays nothing. She looks to Flora as if she was wearing something completely normal, even her tone remaining level. "..Sorry for interrupting you. To be honest, I heard most of it - but that's not what I'm here for. ..May I come in..? I wanted to talk about.. What happened." The knight stares at the nurse with crimson eyes, her black hair descending slightly past her shoulder blades.. She has a serious look on her face, and Flora could tell that her question was rhetorical. Danielle was about to walk in. She clutches the locket in her hand, memorizing the look of the blush on Flora's face.. It was so nice to see her like this instead of.. Well, dying on the ground of the infirmary.. She hid her feelings of regret expertly, showing what seemed to be no remorse for her precious actions.

Flora stared at Danielle for a few seconds. 'Was this chick the terminator? Its like she has no emotions... and the way she tried to smile... Arnold Schwarzenegger would be proud...' Flora thought to herself as she watched the girl speak. "Oh um you did hear....heh..." Flora said, her face a bright red as she looked down.'She heard what i was doing oh god why was i really that loud?' "s-sorry... y-you can come in sure..." Flora said quickly turning around, too embarrassed to protest against the knight, not to mention how serious the she looked at her, she seemed to really wanted to talk. How could Flora deny her that? Flora always enjoyed talking to people, but never had she spoken to one of her assailants.... She made her way towards the bed and sat down. 'This isn't the time to be getting like this Cynthia, this is your chance to get over your fear of this woman... maybe she isn't the terminator and is a really nice person?...' "Please, feel free to sit with me..." Flora said smiling awkwardly as she sat in her underwear offering Danielle a spot on the bed. The bed itself was a mess, as if a pack of dogs used it as a wrestling arena. "S-so you wanted to speak to me about what happened.." Flora said wrapping her arms around herself causing her blouse to slip down slightly revealing the rather hideous scar on her chest just above the womans breasts, she seemed to be to preoccupied with her thoughts to notice that is could be seen....

"..Yes, I did." She says calmly, sitting beside her on the bed. Her eyes scanned the scar, the knight sighing to herself as she sees it. Danielle shifts her eyes back up to the girl's face after a moment, wishing that this could be easier for her. She took note of the visible stuttering that Flora made, hurting her inside.. Normally she didn't care if people loved her, feared her, or wanted her dead.. Yet this bothered her. It wasn't her own action that made her stab Flora, nor was it one she had wanted to make in the first place.. This was a mistake, and Danielle was not used to making mistakes. She shifts in the spot, looking Flora in the eyes before lowering her eyes slightly. "I thought I should tell you that.. Well.. I'm very sorry for what I did. I have no desire to see you suffer.. Nor do I wish for you to flinch when you hear my name and run when you see me coming.. That is a feeling reserved for my enemies; and you are not my enemy." She pauses, breaking away from her formal speech. "..Listen, I won't take up too much of your time. I got carried away in my past when I stabbed you, and I feel terrible for it.. It would make me feel much better if you accepted both this gift, and my apology.. Though I cannot say I expect the latter to mean much."

Danielle unclasps her hand, revealing a silver chained locket within it. A large sapphire remained in the middle, and an intricate design of a bird and a garden of flowers surrounded the circle in the center. It was beautiful, obviously made by one with at least professional level skill. The knight draped it over her neck, letting go and staring at her. ..In a way, it was perhaps the most romantic thing she had ever done. Her face falters for a moment, betraying how concerned she was with the gift.

The locket was primarily made of a strong iron, a delicate pattern of leaves and vines between the edge and inner circle of the spherical object. They curved up, around the center to stop just below a tiny silver bird that was made to look as if it was flying. Around it, simple pattern of ovals and beads lined the edges; the piece made whole by a brilliant blue sapphire in the center. It was small enough to fit in her hand, though sturdy enough to be thrown off a cliff. At the end, she attached a silver chain to it, making it into a piece to be worn around the neck. ..It was the first piece in a long time she had created without the intent of seeing battle, and she felt confident it was done well. Done well.. But with sorrow. She had heard of channeling emotions into your artwork, and in this case she had done just that.

Within it..

She had never caught much from the institution her parents to eagerly wanted to succeed in, though she did manage to recall some things from time to time.. What she had was a quote; a line from a poem. She felt it would fit quite well within the context, and went to work carefully engraving each letter in a fitting font around the central sapphire..

"The innocent and the beautiful have no enemy but time" -W. Yeats

4a10dcd62135e4269d74788c32780bac.jpg

@Zayuz

"Oh Danielle its beautiful..." Flora said with a gasp as she sees the locket, allowing the knight to put it on her. She carefully looks it over, studying the piece of jewelry with care. It was truly a beautiful piece of craftsman ship from the breath taking sapphire gem to the gracefully welded dove. "Did you do this yourself Danielle? its simply gorgeous... Thank you." Flora said smiling as she read the engraving before giving Danielle a hug, nuzzling her slightly. After about 2 or 3 seconds her eyes widened as she realized what she was doing and quickly releases the knight from the hug, allowing some distance to be made. This woman almost killed her she had to be careful... but still her faced showed a bit of worry. Cynthia thought that was cute, at least she has emotions...

"Uh sorry about that...D-didn't mean to make you uncomfortable there..."
Flora said awkwardly in a low voice. "But yes ill accept your apology I would love to be your friend to its just i was wondering why did you look as if you hated me?" Flora asked a bit awkwardly... "I know it doesn't look like it but ive had to defend myself a few times in the past but i've never had someone look at me like that... Please don't be mad at me i was just wondering since you mentioned it, did i remind you of your past? " Flora says nervously, giving the woman a concerned look as she pulled up on her blouse to cover the scar.

Danielle smiles, seeing that her gift was received well. "..I did make it myself.. And not in five minutes either. I'm glad that you like-" The usually stoic knight feels a blush rise to her cheeks as the nurse embraces her, freezing up and looking down at her soft blonde hair.. Seconds pass. She almost hugs her back, though Flora retreats before she has the chance to do so. ..It was nice to feel arms around her body, if only for a moment. "Oh.. It's.. No problem. I'm not uncomfortable.." Then Flora asks her question. Her face contorts, returning to her look of worry as she mentions the hatred in her eyes.. It just.. She could never understand.. Even if she did explain. The hiding of her scar only inflamed this emotion, perhaps making her feel.. Shame? Yes. That was it. Shame, she repeated to herself. "I don't.. It.." Danielle sighs, running a hand through her hair as she glances away. "Have you ever had something happen, so similarly to the way it did before that you just.. Found yourself replaying history, even when you know it will go wrong?" She asks. "..Like you're trapped in a cycle, and no matter what you do you find yourself always coming back to the same.. Princi.. ples.. I.. I shouldn't talk about this." She says hastily, shutting the window of conversation with a shake of her head. Her voice rung with sadness. It didn't matter what she said, this.. Nurse.. Wasn't who she wanted her to be. No amount of confiding in her would fix her mistakes, and she knew it. ..How long ago was it now..? Seven years? Just the thought brought a pain to her head..

@Zayuz

"Yes i know what i feels like, i actually had the same feeling recently and a nightmare to boot heh.." Flora says laughing a little awkwardly until she notices Danielles expression seem to....twist? "Oh Danielle im sorry are you ok?" Flora says quickly in a concerned voice wrapping an arm around the knight and rubbing her back gently. 'This isn't just some emotionless killer this is a person... another girl just like me...' Flora reminded herself as she saw the knight struggle to speak. Even if they werent human they still had emotions, regrets, dreams, how could she ever think to try and treat them differently just because they weren't human, after all Flora wasn't human either. "If you want to talk Danielle im here to listen hun..." Flora says gentle rubbing the girls back daring to give her a slight nuzzle. "....I can tell you from experience that sometimes talking about the past helps, I know when i talked about watching..... watching my parents get killed it helped me alot..." Flora says with a mixture of shyness and sadness, choosing not to tell her what happened after that. She confessed a piece of her past in hopes the the knight would in turn open up to her...

Danielle simply breathed as Flora stroked her back, listening to her brief description of a story. It was sad, but it was told for the sake of being sad. It was an attempt to show sympathy.

An attempt that was met with silence for several moments.

Not all attempts succeed.

"I am fine."

She says, deciding against sharing her emotions with Flora. After all, telling her would be breaking character. ..But then again, wasn't the whole situation a bit foreign to her?

Being a knight was so hard.

"I'm sorry Flora.. I think I would rather not discuss it. ..Just know that it has nothing to do with you, and that I have nothing against you."

Danielle allows herself to hold onto Flora as she snuggles into her, practically melting inside. The knight says nothing, but not letting her go either.

She wondered when the last time she was snuggled with someone was.

She did not know.

Flora smiles as she feels Danielle wrap her arms around her as well returning the hug, it must have been hard for her to do this. "I like you like this Danielle..." Flora says squeezing the knight a bit tighter, nuzzling her head into the crook of the other girls neck. "I know its your job to act as the big scary knight... but thats not you... thats just a mask i feel..." Flora says lowering her voice to a low whisper closing her eyes. "I want to know the real Danielle... not the emotionless knight who hides her feelings behind a suit of armor..." Flora said thinking of the glimpse of emotion she had seen Danielle shown. Happiness, frustration,sadness... "In all my time here i think this was the first time i saw you smile, that was nice... Would it hurt to stop being a knight for a little and just be...you?" Flora asked hopefully, still hugging Danielle close. At this point she could only feel bad for the knight, she seemed t be haunted by her past, something Flora had learned to over come. 'I guess its not that easy for all of us it seems... and sometimes it just keeps coming back...'

@NovaPheonix

Eric examines the ghost with a weird look, "...He started learning death magic to... raise you into a zombie? I mean i get the isea, i only started learning it because i was hoping i could bring back my family... its why i learned life as wel but... brining him back as a zombie? That's just...odd." He says, thiinkking about her situation for the moment

"Well, if you find someone thats willing to act as your anchor, ill transfer you. It has to be willing too, but it'll cost you a favor. Contrary to what you're ...ex/living boyfriend thinks, im not just doing this or money. Thats just icing on the cake. My services have aready been paid for... they were a ng time ago." He says.. "For now, you must excuse me. I get the feeing i'm going to die tomorrow so i simpy must get ready to avoid that." He says with a grin

@ValkyrieRose @Xistund

Zarred took his leave, learning what he needed...he was frustrated at Eric's lack of answers. He searched the place next for the umbrella wielding girl who was going to be his other partner. He had seen glimpses of her fighting skills, and assumed she was competent as a sheriff, but wanted to confirm all of this for himself fully. He would normally track her using his magic, but doing so still strained his body so he decided to do the job manually.

"I know just the person!"
and with that she flew off to look for Vance.

@NovaPheonix

Your uck of finding peope doesnt stop, as you see the petite little warrior walking forward with her head down as if she was lost in a lot of thought. Shhe stopped however, turning her attention to you. "...The slave who isn' a slave." She says, looking at him. "...What do you want?"

@ValkyrieRose

"I'm not a slave, I'm just doing my best for the Lady." This was the lie Zarred told himself. "Anyway..." he narrowed his eyes at the little girl. "I just wanted to make sure I could trust you...because ya know...I'm going to be risking my life along with you. I need to take the time to work out strategies with you, like I did with Flora when we first met...I need an idea of your strengths and weaknesses, all that sort of stuff. If you're going to be killing mages, I can help you with some information...but you need to give me some information on yourself as well." He noted, tapping his foot a bit. He was clearly very uneasy around her, but he wanted to try to clear things up between them before that became a problem. Even small problems like that could get him killed...he learned that the hard way.

@NovaPheonix

The little girl woulld start at him, regarding him with cool blue eyes. She seemed to size Zarred up. "...I suppose the same goes to you.. If a mage got captured by Lady so easily, I'll have to make sure you don't do something stupid, like get me killed." She said. There was no emotion in her words.... just the sheer cold logic.

She leaned back against a wall. "Before i entered Lady's service i was in anothers... the Prince's. I served as a guard. Before that, i lived with my sister and my parents. They ran a dojo and i studied with them for most of my time. Mother callled me a prodigy." She says.

She moves to her umbrella, pulling on the handle. Out popped a multicolred katan. "...One side is steel, the other is silver. During the course of protecting lady i've slain one or two werewolves... so you deebate on wether you can trust me or not."

(Gained the following imformation on Elisa:

Weaponry is at least 3

Weapon : Umbrellatana - 2l or two bashing, depending on drawn or sheathed, silver edged.

Iaido- at least 3rd rank.

Clues about family- She has a sister and partents,. They rained at a dojo)

@ValkyrieRose

"Holy shit...I didn't expect you to be so strong..." He tried not to sound sexist or ageist when saying that, but it really sounded like he was. "What's..." he gulped a bit, "What's the Prince like anyway? I never actually got to meet him...even though I was pretending to be a Kindred, I didn't attempt to fool the Prince." He was shocked to hear that this girl was basically one of the strongest vampires around if she was guarding the Prince...maybe even more skilled than Danielle! She killed werewolves! Zarred had never even seen a werewolf in his life, and just trying to imagine fighting one made him shake in fear.

Vance left the room feeling torn, he hated everything to do with people like Mariah but he could not find himself to refuse what she told him. He could not talk in her presence since 'she would no more of his smart mouthing.' He moved as far as he could so she would not hear his smart mouth. Once far enough "Fuck what's wrong with me." He said and wanted to bash his head on the wall over and over but he still had a job to do for her and he was sure bashing his brains in was not preparing for this mission. Though maybe he'd be better bait for this mission with a few less brain cells after all this was a braindead plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back