• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Souls of Salem [WoD]

"I'll try not to be insulted by that." She says, glaring at him for a moment. "YOu need to be careful. Vampires, Ghouls... we're a lot older than we look, and a lot tougher. if i wanted i could pick you up and kick you across the room." She said.

"The Prince.He was a strong man... and he was really smart and strict... and vrey cruel. He didn't care about my health or my needs, only that i get the job done. I wasn't a kindred so i didn't have the sheer strength, but what i lacked in immortality i made up with the ability to take lives. Sister taught me i souldn't harmm or kill but... having a bladee in your hand, slicing down the enemy... it feels good." She says.

"Anyways, a few years back he got outwitted and outmatchd. Now Lady calls the shots... if only secretly. Your mage group didn't exactly realize that they sent people to infiltrate an organization run by the most powerful and influential kindred in the area, did they?"

"...."

Danielle stays quiet for a long moment, holding onto Flora and closing her eyes. She listened to words that had not been spoken to her before. They were genuine, and.. Something she thought she wanted to hear for a long time. Her nature told her to release the nurse and leave for such an insult, but despite this she stayed.

She stayed, and she cried.

Silent tears rolled down her cheeks, and she clutched the girl harder than before. She still smelled of sex, but Danielle didn't care. "..I-I've been playing this role for so long.." She manages, choking on her tears. "I c-can't.. Even if I wanted to.. T-They.. Mariah won't love me.."

"..The woman under the armor is dead.." She continues, wiping the tears on her face away with her sleeve. "B-But when I look at you.. I.. I see her.. Not the princess of the Mystic Seas, but.. Her."

"Why.." She mutters, burying her face in the girl beside her.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Zayuz

"Shhh, there there Danielle let it all out..."
Flora says gently rubbing the knights back trying to comfort her. "I'm not the one your talking about but... but if you need help im here for you." Flora cooed softly. "I'm sorry that Mariah doesn't love you but... sometimes that happens, things dont work out like the the fairy tail we want it to be, y'know? And dont say stuff like that your not dead, your right here talking to me, see?" Flora says in a comforting voice giving Danielle a slight squeeze. "I hate to hear that you've suffered so much..." Floras eyes slowly begins to fill with tears."Sometimes... sometimes things get taken from us...we can hate it, curse it, blame it on others... but in the end thats how it is, we cant change the past all we can do is shape our future..."

A few tears slowly begin to fall down her cheeks, keeping her voice even so she doesnt distress Danielle. "I had to deal with something like you did, night after night i would have the same nightmare, i'd watch them die over and over again and each time i would fail to save them. But after a while... i accepted that, I accepted i couldnt save them and what i did after the fact..." She remains silent for a few more moments. "We cant erase what we've done, you can only better ourselves so we do not make the same mistake..." After that Flora remains silent, gently snuggling the knight, giving her a shoulder to cry on. Flora didn't mind, if anything she only felt compelled to take care of the knight, she didn't seem so scary now. The knight could keep going or simply stay in the nurses arms, either way Flora would stay until Danielle was ready.

The knight nodded into the nurse, listening to her words and snuggling her half-naked body.. Tears continued down her face, but now they would be sad together. Even if Flora tried to relate things to blaming, or accepting her fate.. She felt that none of it applied to her. Danielle chose her life as a knight, having accepted.. Even embraced it long ago. In doing so she had sealed herself away.. Game and life had just blended too far once Mariah started.. Ugh.. For the past seven years her solution was to pretend it didn't happen. It worked.

..But then Flora came and she just.. Everything came back.

Danielle tightened her grip on the beautiful girl, brushing away Flora's tears and feeling her heart beat against her chest.. "It'll be okay.." She whispers, stroking her hair almost lovingly. Her eyes were closed, and the knight appeared to be calming. It was not like her to cry, much less for very long. "Flora.. I.. Do you.." She hesitates, deciding not to say what she was about to."..Mariah loves me.. Her and I.. Our.. Characters.." The knight bites her lip quite hard, feeling herself draw blood.

It prevented her tears from coming, which was worth it to her.

@Zayuz

"Danielle what are you talking about out characters? I dont care about that i want to talk to you, not about how Mariahs supposed to be in love with your character or something." Flora says holding the girl, not wanting to let go. She was an angel, brushing away floras tears, holding her tightly, petting her hair, Flora had no idea this girl could be so gentle... 'This is nice...do...do i want to leave?' Flora began to question as she held onto Danielle, it had been so long since she'd been intimate with someone.... "Listen please..." Flora begged. "Enough about the characters knight and Mariah, I wanna here about Danielle, i wanna hear about the sweet, beautiful girl im holding right now..." Flora whispered gently stroking the knights back trying to comfort her. Flora felt she was holding back, and she was determined to stay until this was done. She wouldn't leave Danielles side until she was completely ok and stopped talking about characters and what not...

"..But.." She starts, hesitating. The girl's heart raced as Flora called her many things and snuggled her.. Sweet and beautiful.. They were not things she associated with herself. ..But to hear them said to her like that.. It made her wish that they were. "..F-Flora.." Still, the knight did not know how to say what she wanted to.. Everything that came to mind was too blunt or beat around the bush too much. Uncertainty gnawed at her conscience - The only person who truly knew of this was Mariah, and she wasn't sure if telling her might be something Mariah would be against or not. ..She never got the order not to, after all. That was.. Her choice. "..Danielle is the name of my character.. If we want to pass the character stuff then you can't keep calling me that.. I-If I tell you my real name, would you promise not to tell anyone..? I.. I do not want my reputation to be one of a liar.. I've been Danielle as long as anyone here can remember.." Danielle had won against her tears - They were simply no more. She looked to Flora with a glimmer of hope in her eyes.. She wanted her to say yes. She wanted to tell someone about herself.. She wanted to be free.. But what she really wanted was her old lover, Abbey, to be returned to her.. Danielle could not admit it to herself, though she also couldn't help but think of her whenever her eyes crossed those of the nurse.. Fate was so terribly cruel..

@Zayuz

"I see...." So this girl also had her true name hidden beneath a sheath of miss truths... what a small world this was. She looked into the knights eyes, seeing her hope... Vera had taught her not to be so afraid to say her own name, it was apart of her after all and now Flora thought it was time for Danielle to accept that fact aswell. Flora leans close into Danielle hugging her. "Alright hun, no more characters then just you and me..." Flora said confidently. "I promise i wont tell anyone your real name.... So long as you don't tell anyone mine... Your name is apart of who you are, you shouldn't reject it, that's what someone told me long ago..." Flora whispered.

"Cynthia....."

She let that hang for a few moments, seeing if Danielle would in turn reveal her own name to the nurse, praying she would be out right pushed away for this sudden revelation.

"Of course.. One for another, then.." Danielle takes the nurse's leaning in as a good sign, staring at her and thinking to herself.. Cynthia whispers her name to her, which sends a small chill down her body - Though she couldn't say why. ..Why had she been using a fake name? Well.. Now wasn't the time to ask that kind of question anyways. "Thank you for forgiving me, Cynthia.." she says softly, still adjusting to her new name. She had only just learned the other. Her own name started to escape her lips, but she found herself drawn inwards to the other girl. The knight leans in to her, arms wrapped around her back as her lips brush against her cheek. Danielle kisses her skin tenderly, pulling back and staring at Cynthia for a moment before using her other hand to push herself up to her feet.

Danielle faced away, but a smile and a blush graced her face. Her mind shot off alarms; Mariah wouldn't like it if she kissed another person.. But she hadn't kissed her as Danielle, it had been as herself. As.. "Allison." She says, stopping for only a moment before opening her door. ..She found that it was never really closed, only mostly shut the entire time. With that, she walks off, her mind swimming with thoughts as she goes to complete her new mission.

SCENE 1 END

Scene 2: Purity

• @Zayuz @NovaPheonix @Xistund

An hour or two had passed, more than enough time to finish all discussions and preparations.. Supplies were gathre, Farewells were said and everyoone had been promptly given a ride to the center of Salem, dropped off to fend for themselves. Mariah had seemed a bit agitated and thus a bit too eager to send them on their way after receiving a phone call

Elisa had changed into a shirt and pants, underneath was a set of light learther armor. Black gloves adorned her, and her umbrellatana was by her side as well. "Alright the first orer of business is to draw out Zarres handler... make the call." She says, obviously eager to get this done.

She took a moment to look around... Salem wasn't the largest city bu far but it also wasn't that small. A modern style city built upon the ruins of something far, far older. They were in the new district now, ripe with the moer technologies of this world. There were a few high rise buildings here that looked over the city, 2 of them belonging to Raphael Maison. They had passe through the old district to get there, where the roads were made with brick and the buildings looked a but more run down. The city thus could also be considered to be a model of social class, but that was an issue for Economists and Conspiracy theorys.

The road they were put on was empty thankfully. People tene to stay away from this road. "The Dark Roa."... mostly because this place was only active at night, clubs and the like. It was an ideal place to get some privacy during the day. "Mariah reserved one of her best techs for us so if we nee help lets give him a call as well." Elisa said, just throwing that bit of info out there as well

"I see..." Flora said hearing about the news of a recent attack. "Well lets hope for the best then shall we? Eric, Aurora." Flora said trying her best to smile the two before entering the truck. Upon taking her seat flora sighs sadly and leans her head against the window. Her mind was still a mess from what had happened earlier. She was overjoyed when she had made up with Allison but then the girl had kissed her cheek before leaving... The only person she had ever gotten intimate with was Vera, so she was a bit... confused by how Allison did it? With Vera it was rather rushed but Allison.... Allison seemed to take it a but slower... "Ugh why am i even thinking about this?" Flora said to herself in frustration, squishing her face. 'I should be happy im going to see Vera again.' Flora thought to herself, holding her duffle bag on her lap, her kukri on her hip. This was going to be an official escape, not her going AWOL randomly like she had in the past.

In the end, Flora couldn't help but feel a bit bad, even if it hadn't been the greatest experience... At least Mariah had tried to make her life comfortable here, and Allison had tried to make it up to her for what she did. 'And she succeeded...' Flora thought to herself, putting a hand on the locket, remembering knight kiss the knight had given her before leaving. Mariah wasn't the only one she had to apologize for leaving it seemed.

@ValkyrieRose

Zarred pulled out his phone and speed dialed his old handler. The man didn't order him around anymore, and even within the council that man had no authority over the mission. He was just the man who requested the mission. Zarred was a bit annoyed that the only support he was provided was basically useless. He started his conversation with a lie, "Alright, I'm out...walking down the road now...we left Vance's van down the street and I'm on the run from the cult. We should meet somewhere in the city today." He spoke in a calm, solid, collected voice that showed very little expression. One would think that he would show more emotion about escaping a dangerous kindred cult with his life, a hint of desperation or excitement, but that wasn't very clear from his voice. He had to avoid sounding false, so he tried to cover himself by being stoic as a statue. He had a feeling though, that his handler might be able to chisel through the lie he was crafting from stone.

At the time, Aurora had let the woman leave, seeing no reason to say more, but the thoughts of escape haunted her while she had prepared for the trip. She didn't really have much to do other than put a few outfits and essential items in the backpack she had been given, as well as put Lucifer in a carrier. Luckily she didn't have to be left with her thoughts for too long as just after changing into her attire for the day, someone knocked on the door letting her know it was time for her to meet with the others. The mook was gracious enough to lead her to where Flora and Eric stood.

"Uh yeah thanks..." Aurora replied to Eric, not seeming enthused by any of this at all. As Eric got a phone call, she glanced a bit at Flora, wondering what the escape plan was and when it was going to happen. Not wanting to dwell on the thoughts, she looked back to Eric, learning that some kind of attack had happened at their assumed destination. She didn't say anything in response to that, deciding to look at the jail wagon of choice for the transfer.

'This is what they choose to transfer a kidnapped girl somewhere? I mean I know he isn't human, but didn't they say they can't use magic with them around? Do they really take me that lightly?' She thought, a bit disgruntled, knowing that that was exact what they thought. As she got in the car she placed Lucifers' carrier in the seat next to her and the backpack on the floor under it. She looked questionably at Eric through the roofless antique car, one eyebrow raised. "It's this just a little bit conspicuous for what we are doing?" As he hopped into the front seat and started the car she continued her gaze through the rear-veiw mirror.

• A voice cackles over the phone. "Oh thank god, your text scared the shit out of me." He says, taking a deep breath. "Your old friend really knows his shit if he managed to bust you out." He goes on to say. "Honestly we didn't think he would succeed, but we'll take it! Where are you, I'll come get you." He says, sounding a bit relieve and a bit eager as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back