• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Shifting Salamander (Always Open, Walk-In Walk-Out Tavern)

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

Zephyra
As the lizard turned away Zephyra glanced back at him for a moment, a sad look etched upon her face as she moved to pick up her shirt and continued walking towards the door, mumbling something to herself as she neared it. "Stupid gecko." As she passed Daniel he gave her a little smile and nodded to her as she went through the door and back into the tavern, turning abruptly as she opened it and heading to a table in the corner of the upper floor she took a seat, setting her shirt on the table. Well the battle at least had a few fun moments for her, but she sat there and pouted bringing a soft glow to her left hand before she held it gingerly against the area where her ribs hurt, hmph at least he'd feel that burn for a while whilst she'd only feel the cracked rib for an hour tops.

Daniel
After Zephyra left the fields, aura back to normal to go pout in some part of the tavern most likely, Daniel still stood by the door and looked over at the reptilian currently licking his burnt shoulder, he had standards by all appearances strange standards by Daniel's point of view but standards none the less. This made him smile, now not only did he know a bit about this Magnus' power level and his prowess, but he had reason to challenge him as well warrior to warrior after all he had insulted his pupil and 'sister', a word he used loosely to speak of the demoness. But the question was whether he'd accept it, Daniel looked much like a normal man aside from his emotionless and thus fearless personality, and the fact that in a tavern where dangerous things were bound to show and he didn't have a single weapon on his person but seemed so sure he could handle any threat that showed itself.

But now was the time to figure out, and so he called out the reptilian. "Reptilian! Or Magnus if I overheard correctly..." He walked towards the lizard, arms now at his side as he approached a blank look upon his face much like that of a stone. "Not many would consider fighting a demon one way or another, whether they have standards or not. But I respect you for the attempt, yet I have a question or more of a request. Despite having seen you go up against Zephyra, I would wish to rest your strength myself if you are still able and willing to fight. If not then make your way out of the fields, I don't need to worry about some rampant reptile in the Sparring field." His tone was as it had always been, serious and without emotion as he now stood a small distance away from Magnus, arms crossed yet again as he stood and awaited his answer.

Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu

Magnus was still pissed off, his licking not soft but rather more aggressive. He was snarling and his tail lashing right to left quickly. When he was spoken to, he kicked into action and got his feet under himself and launched at Daniel, his weight knocking the guy down and his heavy hands on his shoulders. He was so pissed off he was drooling. "I'm glad you asked, because I am itching to beat the life out of something" He snarled.

He got off him and backed up, not going to start a fight with his opponent already pinned. That was bullshit. He got in his low fighting stance, His tail was in a lot more motion than before, his breathing heavy and drool was dripping almost like a running faucet. He was pissed.

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

Daniel was taken a bit by surprise when the reptile took him to the ground, he seemed rather angry for some reason, Daniel couldn't exclusively say why but it was enough to let the beast's anger help take Daniel to the floor even at his lower strength. But that was soon to change once they got started, Daniel dusting himself off as he got up and took a few steps back and looked at the reptile, before holding his own hands behind his back and looking at him. "Alright. Hit me." He stood there with the same look on his face as he watched the reptile, kind of a strange thing for a man to do, offer such a beast as powerful as Magnus a free shot.

Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu

A... Free shot? He hissed, "Free shots are for the weak, I prove my power without your damn free shot" He snarled, whipping his tail. Maybe he could go mar a few villages, he was getting hungry again. Some scales dropped off him, what oozed afterward looking almost like lava before cooling to blood red. Magnus was something more than just mortal.​

Lucinda Reyes
Shifting Salamander

Lucinda watched Edan leave. While she waited, she decided to try and find a conversation she could eavesdrop on in the bar. "... let's see... I guess I can just sit here and let my spell do the work." She enchanted a sense enhancing spell on herself, causing her ears to twitch ever so slightly from the change. She slowly sipped on the lemonade and focused on the various conversations occurring. It wasn't too hard. As a wanderer, she had to be able to listen to all kinds of things to know what's happening and where to go. Although, usually she just lets her talks with the store owners do that. Either way, she sat there listening in on the conversations. It seems the fight outside ended.

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED
Alteras Alteras

Daniel
He didn't want to take the free shot? Truly he did have standards and that meant this would be more fun than he had earlier thought, and cracking his knuckles he looked over the reptilian for any notable weak points, one that stuck out by all appearances was the burnt shoulder that likely still hurt as he knew Zephyra's flames were not things to trifle with. But not much else stood out to him, the metal jaw and few armored points on his body shouldn't be too much trouble if he had to resolve to hitting them but he'd come to it when he had to. But this was the least of his concerns he still had to worry about the strength this beast had, his durability which seemed formiddable even to Daniel himself, and this lava-looking substance he had for blood which perhaps even wasn't but judging by his strength watching for this blood would be another task.

But first, to test his durability. Daniel vanished from visible sight for a moment before Magnus felt a grip on his tail just before he was flung into the air a moment after with only a slight arc upwards, a throw more for distance than height and Daniel knew Magnus would recover on this easily, if not he overestimating those clawed appendages.

Edan
It took some fiddling, a little bit of questionably safe magic, and of course an quick test with a locked drawer but it seemed like the key worked for the most part, and so returning to the counter and placed the key down in front of Lucinda with a smile. "Alright now the key should work, should being a relative term but I have faith in my skill with magic I've gained over the many eras I've seen. But it does require you to use it as the enchantment makes the room suit the users wishes, if you have particularly interesting wishes for a bedroom it would be best if I am not looking when you test it." He gave a serious look before he started laughing and pointed up towards the second floor and began walking towards the stairs. "If it works I'll be opening the option for others to have a room here, we're not hard to find and the atmosphere can be rather good, we might just drum up good business for it."

Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu

Once he disappeared, Magnus snarled. But before he could think he felt a grip on his tail and the next moment he was flying through the air. He was surprised, Magnus weight about 400 lb of muscle. He twisted in the air and landed on all fours, digging his claws into the ground and that slowed him to a stop, leaving long score marks in the dirt before him. He didn't give any time for even himself to think before he launched himself forwards.

Of course he wasn't going to make it in one bound, hitting the ground with his hands before bracing his feet underneath him and launching forwards once more. He aimed both claws toward Daniel's head, both raised over him large, red head to come down in a devastating blow. If it would land, that is.​

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

Hmm good reflexes, it didn't take him too long to stop himself and recover either, and taking action on instinct as soon as he was halted and able to launch himself forward, getting closer but not yet close enough to land a strike from his position though the next launch would give the reptilian a strike whilst still moving, a weakened momentum but still a slight boost to power due to speed and weight of his form. Daniel smirked, this was going to be a good fight.

But the attack, the hands would land first head second, an attack he did not want to test his durability upon or sacrifice his free-movement for, time to continue testing durability. In the second before Magnus reached Daniel the world around the human slowed at least for him as his senses responded first, grabbing the lizard's hands would mean a momentum boosted throw as they reached farther than the beast's snout, but a throw would not deal enough damage to properly test... In the slowed world around him where a second became a minutes Daniel moved forward in a ducking motion towards the slightly airborne reptile dodging the slow-moving reptile's attack and deciding to deliver his own to the beasts chest while he moved under him. Using his ducked and already bent knees to give him a slight boost he lowered his back and moved his right elbow to be the first contact he made, and then pushing off the now foot-imprinted ground he jammed his elbow into the reptile's chest with the force of his movement, ensuring to stop himself after contact so as to not follow the reptile's continued path. If distance was made with this blow he could easily close it​

v1a3gDI.jpg
From outside the tavern, the boisterous voice of a male intoned, filtered through metallic grating and muffled through the door, but nonetheless easy to hear due to sheer volume "Hoh! Kaatl, behold! An establishment of drink and food! A gathering-place for the curious and questing meddlers, no doubt!" The voice was followed by another, replying with a bright and childish shriek of delight as heavy footsteps brought the two closer to the entrance.

The door swung open, revealing a massive, ironclad figure, easily more than seven feet tall tall, face hidden behind a metal-visor. Upon his shoulder sat a fairy, one dainty hand thrust forward with glee, encouraging the knight to march onwards as her wings gave excited flaps, both to denote her emotional state but also to keep her balanced on the precarious seat.

"Hail, patrons and house-owners! Fairy Kaatl and Sir Pryonn we are!" the knight's voice bellowed with a good-natured greeting as he entered, raising a plated fist into the air "Perpetrators of goodness! Questers for the needy and the weak!" Tapping the knight's helmeted head, the fairy gave another excited coo as she pointed to the tavern-counter. Confidently, the armored giant strode towards the wooden patron-seats. Seating himself, Pryonn called "Good owners of this establishment! This knight would ask for your grandest milk and finest apple, that thus my faithful companion might gorge herself on your house's goods!"

Even with other seats in reach, the fairy did not budge from her perch atop the armored shoulder, her wide eyes sweeping the inn's interior with a curious glint.

Last edited:
Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Piscín widened her eyes, giving the boy an incredulous look. She had previously suspected the girl was well-bred and of aristocracy, but she didn't expect the boy to so blatantly - and proudly - announce the girl's heritage without thought about the trouble her identity could bring upon them. Unless, perhaps, he did not care, she considered, mulling over the fact that the boy had clearly taken quite a beating without showing any sign of pain, discomfort, or alarm over his physical well-being. The child was clearly a warrior. And that comment about kingdoms and realms wanting her for a bride...

She opened her mouth to speak, but before she could, a boisterous voice burst forth from a patron that had just entered the taverm. Piscín looked up from her seat to see a thickly armored knight stomping into the bar, holding aloft a small companion on his shoulder - a fairy. The elf gave a sharp bark of laughter, lifting her drink to her lips. This tavern only served to become more and more interesting by the minute.

Piscín shrugged and turned back to the boy. "If your lady's such a coveted commodity, maybe you should have taken her somewhere more dignified, hm? Or are the two of you on the run?"

Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu

Magnus snarled loudly, he missed? Well, he wasn't being as fast as he could. It was a dive, there was a 50/50 chance of missing. But this guy was fast, he couldn't deny that. He felt the blow to his chest, hitting his sternum, and earning a loud and drawn out hiss. The blow knocked him away from Daniel, not a long distance but enough. He hit the ground, bending his knees to keep him on his feet. He bared his teeth at Daniel.

He didn't get to blink before his body moved once again, launching himself at Daniel and this time snapping his jaws at the guy's shoulder, not going for a killing blow because that was not allowed.​

Unwavering Knight Unwavering Knight

sh.jpg

What small and faded shadows given off by the lighting in the tavern, his seemed to move on its own before Nacht had pulled herself out of the shadow. "I'm sorry for the wait, sir" She sounded like a snake, even had the hiss in her voice at every S sound there was. "You said you wanted...Milk and an apple? Didn't expect milk to be asked for" She said. Her glowing white eyes kept glancing at his shadow.​

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

Well that didn't seem to do much, just meant the next blow would require more power but the question was how much more, Edan could be warned in a dire emergency and save the reptilian's life if too much was applied... But the next attack didn't give him many options for a retaliation, though one did offer itself and power could easily be put into that.

Daniel brought his hands together, not linking them but putting them beside one another as fists as Magnus closed the distance with his launch and snapping jaws, hmph... This was getting easy. As Magnus closed Daniel turned to the side to keep his shoulder from being hit and raised his hands into the air, and as soon as Magnus' cranium passed underneath the arc they'd make, Daniel brought them down hard. Hard enough to stop him where he was and send his head to the ground, making a large indentation of Magnus' head with the applied force and connection from Daniel's force. Then quickly jumping back to put some distance between them, Daniel watched and waited.​

??? and ???
The boy annoyingly tapped his index finger against the table. It looks like he is irritated. He wiped the blood off his rapier with his hand. Disgusting but he did it with a straight face. He still didn't bother removing the arrow off, sticking out his shoulder. The elf hasn't what he has been through. "Look, first things first. She is not some prize to be won. She is a person with feelings. Second, it was not by my had that we should be here. It was her decision to stay here ad i think her decision is wise. With a crowd like this. We won't be suspected here. Third, the hunt for her is over. I, alone have put an end into it. If there are some still out to get her. Unfortunately they'll have to get through me, first. Even if it kills me and they hang my head over their filthy walls as a trophy." The boy said in a deadly serious manner. It almost sounded rude.

The girl had finished her delightful meal. She was too busy eating away that she ignored everything around her. She didn't even hear what the boy is saying. She scrolled her eyes across the tavern. The girl noticed the population inside the tavern. So many interesting figures to look at. There was the man from earlier, a swords woman with a strange sword, a skeletal man, and s much more. While looking around the tavern. Her royal deep blue eyes collided with another curious set pair of eyes. It was from a oversize fairy, sitting literally on a tall knights shoulder. The knight was humongous. Labelled "Giant" to her standards. She did not cut her eye contact with her. She maintained it. The fairy reminded her of herself for some reason.

druidcat druidcat Unwavering Knight Unwavering Knight

Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu

Magnus should have died on impact, if it weren't for his thick skull and possibly the strongest will to live ever he would have died. Yes, having the will to live doesn't keep you alive but whatever. When his head smashed into the ground, his body went limp. His ears rang and if he opened his eyes everything was wobbling and there were at least three of everything. He growled softly, blood dripping from his head and over his maw.

Images flashed before his eyes, blood and guts everywhere. Screaming people trapped in his jaws as he tore them in half. He could have sword he saw the youngest of his brothers and sisters, the only one Magnus had viciously protected as best he could. But of course they were younger, no match for bigger and meaner predators. Like their own mother. Wild crocs were compassionate with their young, but his mother was pure evil.

Many of his own siblings died to her jaws, but she never ate them like Magnus did with his prey. He felt that rush of pride and triumph as he slaughtered the demon who he had called mother. Now he was the demon of the family. He braced his hands and feet under himself, pushing himself off the ground slowly. A low laugh fell from his maw, "And all of you fuckers deserved it" He snarled. From hearing that, it was unsure how people would perceive that sentence.

He knew exactly what it was. He was talking to every single being he had killed. He had no remorse for the thousands of lives he has taken. He lifted his head up, looking at Daniel... Or one of them. His vision was still a bit messed up. "I know I probably won't win this," He stood on his back legs, shaking his head and throwing blood different places across the surrounding area. "But I refuse to back down. Only a coward backs out of a fight"

He lowered himself again. "So if I lose, I will only have lost the match but I would have kept my pride" His ego would have been taken down a few pegs but he refused to give any sign he was backing out.​

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED (Having the will to live doesn't keep you alive HA! Daniel would find that funny.)

Well, at least he seems to be capable of withstanding a blow even as strong as that, and to his head no less... This reptile was durable he'd give him that, though that reminds Daniel to pay a visit to a certain draconic he knows. But this adjustments to the strength put into blows would need to be made to ensure each had some affect to the reptile, that or he'd have to start using some energy...

But the ground had assisted in the blow so maybe he'd have to start catching him while he was airborne to do more damage, he'd seen some races used the speed and energy to maintain such a height with ease, and the words that came out of the reptile's bleeding jaws made Daniel raise an eyebrow, seems he had been thinking of something. And the next ones made him give a cold chuckle. "I like you, you have standards, pride that can shadow mountains, and a warrior's mind. And I agree that only a coward backs out, one reason why I kept fighting even after one of my worst injuries." Daniel spoke as he clenched his fists and took a more firm stance on the ground, left shoulder aimed towards Magnus. "If this were a different time and place, I'm sure you would have been part of my family." He then gave the reptile the slightest hint of a smile, sure the reptile could learn that pride is not such a thing to hold high but other than that, Daniel already respected him.

But now, fighting an opponent that held themselves so low to the ground presented issues of where to strike, leaving his back area, tail, and head as the most easily accessible spots without waiting for the beast to strike first and expose himself. Time to give the beast some chances, Daniel began to make his move deciding to slow down enough to be seen despite his still fast movements and quickly closed the distance to Magnus, jumping just a few feet before he would have met him and bringing his right fist back for a blow to the beast's head yet again, body slightly twisted in the air to allow for the movement and momentum put into Daniel's arm.

Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu

Magnus noticed he had slowed down, he could actually track his movements. Was he going easy on him now? Big mistake. He stayed where he was, of course, he's been an idiot this entire match! His hide was thick but less so on his underbelly, he should have been protecting that as much as possible. He was way too pissed off to think beforehand, now he could at least think of a better defense instead of being on his back legs.

He saw the fist and his maw opened, jerking his head out of the way before turning his head and snapped his jaws around Daniel's arm. He clenched his jaws, yanking back and grabbed Daniel's face, like he had with his previous opponent, and slammed him back into the ground. His arm still locked in his jaws, he raised a fist and gave the human a punch of his own.​

v1a3gDI.jpg

The knight took the waitress's sudden emergence from his shadow in stride, his daily happenings incurred plenty of unlikely things, after all. Instead he replied to her amicable notice with light-hearted bluster "Milk indeed! And apple too! Fairy Kaatl's got quite the appetite, having grown hungry amidst our glorious crusade, hoho!" The knight laughed in tandem with the fairy, timbre mixing with soprano, as they waited for the waitress's serving. VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

Then the fairy, curiousely casting about her gaze to inspect the various patrons, met the of the Princess. Noting the innocent intensity of the glance, the fairy gave her a friendly wave, while her other hand gently tapped the knight on the helmeted head. In response, Pryonn's own stare fell upon the royal girl, the arrow-stuck boy and the elf-woman sitting a few paces away. druidcat druidcat Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

"What ho! Fellow perpetrators of goodness, no doubt!" He spoke with his usual energy, though the worried glance he cast at the lad's obvious wounds likely went without notice. Nonetheless, the knight gave the trio a friendly wave of his own as he called over to them "Say, good fellows, it would seem Kaatl has taken a shine to the young maiden over there! Would you like to have a chat? We can make merry upon milk, apple and all the like!"

Nacht slunk away to go get what was asked for, going where she needed to get the food and drink. She came back, setting down the plate in front of them. The apples were cut up into neat slices and the milk in a neat little jug. "There ya'll are" She said, smiling. She leaned her elbows on the bar, leaning forward. "Sir... Pryonn? Well Sir Pyronn, I must say, you have a very attractive shadow" Was this her version of flirting?

Though Nacht is the kind of person that said anything on her mind. "Tall is a nice feature, I bet its way darker in the sunlight"​

??? and ???
The royal girl was surprised when the fairy had noticed her and acknowledged her stare. She waved back with a gentle smile fit for a princess. The fairy was resting on the huge knight's shoulder. Seems like they both have something in common. She adjusted her crown, it was slipping off the top of her head.

The blood soaked boy's attention was caught also by a constant energy of joy from the knight. The knight was big and armored. Almost like he was his counterpart. Comparing to the knight. He appears to be clean. Not much of a scratch on his shining armor. Unlike him. He's filthy, covered with blood of a million enemies, and badly beaten with cuts, bruises, bite marks, and almost any other kind of injury one can find in a brutal battle field. Plus he's small. "Greetings to you, sir." The boy shown respect to the knight. "It will be a pleasure to have a nice engaging conversation with you, dear sir." The royalty agreed upon the knight's request with an elegant tone.

v1a3gDI.jpg

"Well there, lad and lady!" The knight greeted the child-pair with vigour "Good manners you got there lad, your damsel must be proud of you, methinks." The fairy remained seated on the knight's shoulder, flashing a smile at the young duo. "Royalty, is it?" Pryonn took note of the girl's crown, fastened out of solid gold by the looks of it "I do apologize, perhaps others of my profession would bow, but I am knight of the Impossible Dream. I will not kneel before priests, nor kings, nor gods. I will bow only before slaves, whores and beggars. Oh, and if I had a damsel of my own, I would probably take a knee before Her as well." The knight gave a slight chuckle, the sort reserved for stating what was obvious.

Giving a nod in direction of the arrow still sticking out of the boy's shoulder, Pryonn's tone gained a note of seriousness "What are your names? You do quite look like those that have a tale to tell. Do tell it if you are comfortable enough, for what would a stay at the tavern be without the exchange of heroic feats?" Tilting his helmeted head, the knight pointed directly at the arrow stuck in the lad's flesh "Are you certain you just want to leave that in? Gangrene and blood-poisoning have ways of limiting your capability in combat. Kaatl can help, if you want." Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Amidst the budding conversation, the waitress returned with the order, daintily placing the serving of apple and milk on the counter. Giving a yelp of joy, Kaatl hopped from the knight's shoulder onto the bar, seating herself before the plate. After taking a light sip from the milk, the fairy grasped an apple-slice with her small hands and began to nibble on it. Noticing the persistent stare of the princess, the fairy took another slice and held it out in offering the young royalty.

Meanwhile the shadowy waitress remained, engaging the knight in a conversation of her own. "Many thanks for the serving, maiden." Pryonn replied amicably "And indeed, it is only right and proper that one of good mind stands tall! Though darkness I can not grant, for even in the sunniest day or gloomiest night, a knight must shine forever bright!" Leaning back in his seat, the knight beheld Nacht from a different angle "Say, what is your name, ebonine maiden? Perhaps there is another boon you can grant a knight such as I-" he leaned forward, his beaming expression nigh-audible "- grace us all with a smile! Let the gloom fade! In all of us, goodness is at least innate!" VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

This guy was really happy, though that is not a bad thing at all. It was kind of hard to imagine him engaged in any form of combat, which knights were basically made for that kind of stuff right? Protecting whomever they needed to and fighting the wars on behalf of either royalty or the church. Or that's what Nacht had heard of knights. But she probably have never met anyone this happy before, it was a different turn from what usually walked in.

Everyone was gloomy, bloody, or tired. But this guy walked in with a bright gate and an even brighter tone. Not to mention the companion he had, a lot of fairies came through but none accompanied by a knight of giant height. It was a nice change. Hopefully the happiness could rub off on everyone else, not too long ago Zephyar had walked in looking pissed off and all demon-ized and everything. She knew her and the croc had gone to fight, but did he win?

She also liked the way he spoke, it was like how everyone did back in olden times. It was very charming, especially for a knight. "I wound smile, and I can, but you wouldn't be able to see it." She said, sounding apologetic. "But I think you-" She reached forward and booped the helmet where she assumed his nose would be, "-are lifting the gloom in here all by yourself." She giggled. "My name? Oh, my name's Nacht. Not a very traditional name but what am I going to do? Change it?" She joked lightly.​

Captain Hector Von Kira and Princess Elaine Valkyrie

As the boy listened to the enlightening knight. He noticed that he is quite the chatter box. he is not into conversations much but this knight actually quite an interesting one. Upon being asked for their identities. The girl introduced first. "I am Princess Elaine Valkyrie. Princess of war... But you can call me Elaine instead. My royal status has no meaning here anymore." Elaine sounded very ashamed of what she said. Her gentle smile even faded away as she introduced herself.

"Captain Hector. Hector Von Kira. World's first class battle Captain. Strange, i know." Hector already expected the knight might already have his doubts but he only tells the truth and nothing but the truth. "This?" Hector looked down to the arrow on his shoulder casually. "Yeah, I've through rougher situations like being whipped in the back multiple times and getting bit by a large creature." Hector showed his huge bite mark on the arm showing that he is not lying. "An arrow for me is something like a splinter in a regular basis. I do want to pluck it out but not here. I don't want to spoil anyone's appetite. Later perhaps." The said it all with a straight face. He checked his reflection through his rapier, all he can see is his eyes. One of them having a large black eye.

Elaine noticed that the fairy was offering her a meal. "No, thank you. You can have it. I already ate." She politely declined and gave a kind smile. "May we know your names?" Elaine looked back to the two newcomers with a curious look.

v1a3gDI.jpg

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

As the shadow-maiden's claw-like finger tapped where the knight's steel-veiled nose sat, Pryonn almost reeled back in surprise, causing Kaatl to cast a worried glance in their direction. Holding up a hand towards the fairy, he communicated that there was no trouble. Instead, he replied to the shade-woman with renewed gusto "Then do smile, missus Nacht! Smile even if none can see, for any smile makes the world a little brighter yet!" He spoke with humor-laced certainty, having absolutely no doubts in his own words despite their apparent lack of sense.

Giving a laugh, he added "Rest assured, perhaps you can tell, you've certainly made me smile for the entirety of our conversation! Do not be embarassed for your name, ebonine maiden, it certainly has quite the glamour to it! I can tell you for sure: My own name was given to me in scorn - yet I adopted it with pride."

Turning his attention to the warrior-boy and his princess, the knight listened with silent intent, scanning the lad's injuries once again. Quite the disciplined boy, having obviousely spent his life in service to his damsel and perhaps others. "Have to say, Sir Hector, you remind me of myself back in the day, child-soldiers, both of us..." For the first time, a bit of resignation entered the knight's voice, a hint of wistfulness as he trailed off in thought. Gathering his focus Pryonn picked up his sentence with renewed vigour "... but do chin up, lad, for you still have your damsel, thus you never failed in your duty. You can always take pride in successful service to those that need your aid."

When the question came to the duo's names, the knight and fairy lightened up again "Our names, is it? Who we are? Why, this calls for an introduction led with proper grandeur!" Pryonn gave a cheeky laugh. A plated hand gave a slight twitch as he jumped off his seat, striding a few paces from the counter until he had sufficient space for his massive frame. The fairy gave a joyous giggle, wings flapping to allow her to hover just above the knight's helmeted head. The smile on her lips broadened in a barely-contained outburst of mirth as the knight straightened himself, hands held open as if to welcome the shadow-maiden and the royal couple in an overly dramatic fashion.

"The better question would be less as to who we are, but more to what we aspire!" the knight called with confident joy, plated arms rising in jubilation, hands held open as if to grasp the ceiling "A crusading duo we are! To dream the impossible dream! To run where the brave dare not go! To fight the unbeatable foe!"

Enthusiastically the fairy, hovering just above him, mirrored the knight's posturing as he continued to exclaim "To right the unrightable wrong! To try when our arms are too weary!" his voice rose further, preparing for the incoming peak as he declared with unwavering boldness "To reach the unreachable star!"

Striking a pirouette the knight announced with uncontained vigour "Fairy Kaatl and Sir Pryonn! We are the glorious Wings of Hope! Victory pose!", the duo froze in their heroic posturing with their fists in the air.

After a few moments, Kaatl seated herself on the knight's shoulder again, who in turn gave an audible cough as he lowered his arms, his voice returning to a more contained volume "I actually wanted to call our dynamic duo 'Avengers of Justice', but that was already taken, and Kaatl insisted on the whole 'Wings' thing..." the fairy crossed her arms in a decisive manner, determination written on her face "...so here we are!"

Unwavering Knight Unwavering Knight (They're like a small Ginyu Force haha I like it)

Nacht was actually going to speak before she listened in on the boy's story. Interesting one to say the least. What came next was very unexpected as the knight was asked his name as well as the fairy's. He stood up, Nacht tilting her head. What was he going to do? Then they did this kind of group thing, she couldn't explain why but hell, it looked like of fun. As he went on about that they were called, she giggled again.

They don't seem like your average run-of-the-mill duo, that's for damn sure. She just witnessed a knight pirouette, something she didn't think she'd see in her lifetime. These two were just so infectious, even she was feeling a lot more happy just watching them do whatever it is they wished to do. And damn anyone who tried stopping them, it would be very sad if anyone found this duo to be anything but gleeful. Some would call their energy annoying.

"You two should come in here more often" She commented, her eyes glowing bright. "You'll become a favorite in no time, or at least my favorite customers" She purred. "So, Wings of Hope huh? Well, what do you guys do?" She asked. She was genuinely curious to know what these two did with their title or how they got it.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back