• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Shifting Salamander (Always Open, Walk-In Walk-Out Tavern)

Edan
@Griffintaur
Well, it had been quite some time since the shifter had last seen a griffin of any sort save the forms he knew from memory, as usual this one sure was a sight to see, a common thing among their kind in his opinion but those were his thoughts. But once this Griffin finally reached the bar and spoke, well the shifter gave a laugh as he saw the coins land on the counter. Pushing them back towards the griffin he snapped his fingers as a bottle of Agiorgitiko appeared on the counter before the griffin along with a rather sizable chalice. "I don't really charge anyone here... The tavern has no upkeep of any sort, kind of pointless to take money if it is not required." Edan smiled at the griffin before he looked to the unopened bottle. "Oh would you like me to open that or-" Just as he began to say this he spotted the somewhat out of place woman who had just walked in and seeing her mouth move he smiled and began to move away from the griffin. "Do excuse me."
Emotional Enigma Emotional Enigma
Tapping the bar counter in front of the woman he gave a polite smile as he drew her attention. "Welcome to the Shifting Salamander, Mi'lady, could I get anything for you?" He kept his smile as he looked her over, huh, seemed like one of the people from a closer place in history than most of these medieval beings that had shown up, nice to finally see a bit of difference.

Daniel
Damafaud Damafaud
Finding a decent place to watch the tavern from, despite the number of patrons currently present in the tavern and making his need to watch the tavern a bit obosolete, until in came several more, a griffin, some girl, and a pair of men different ages but still of human appearances but with an aura akin to magic users, at least it was apparent. But soon enough the younger of the two waved over at Daniel and made a request, easy enough. Daniel went down to the cellar and grabbed what was asked for unsure what kind of cheese sandwiches to grab he just filled a platter with different kinds, if any weren't enjoyed they could simply not eat them. Returning upstairs and bringing the platter of sandwiches and the drinks to their table he set it all down with ease and gave the drinks to their requesters. "Enjoy." He said in his normal and emotionless tone before he moved to a wall a short distance away and leaned up against it with arms crossed as he returned to silent watching.

Last edited:
Zephyra
capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS
Well, there was truth in his words about fire, but sounds rather different than what most of the demons she knows think. Fire was common and many demons had changed it to have many different effects in different ways, she herself had experimented with it herself. As she thought of this she leaned back in her seat and rubbed her left arm with her right as he still spoke, at least he did plan to return home at some point... Likely, still sounded like he was debating ever doing it even if it meant carrying on a family tradition, but that was understandable. "Ah I see. You seem like you rather know yourself, you seem a bit far in your journey to me at least. So you're probably closer to finding your purpose than you believe."

"Perhaps I am, perhaps I am not. Whatever the case, I will continue on until I do find my purpose, no matter how long it takes." Kasai refilled his glass with rice wine and took another sip. "Now then, if I remember correctly, you mentioned something about showing me your abilities? If it would not discomfort you, I would very much like to see what you are capable of."

Zephyra
capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS
Well she did in fact mention showing her abilities, earlier and a deal was a deal. "Well I can tell you of some and others I can show, but those will be best done in the fields we have. Less chance of me breaking an enchantment and doing damage to the tavern. But, we'll start with what I can tell you about that I won't be able to truly show." She smiled as she leaned towards the table. "As a demoness under my boss, I have an ability that any others working for him would receive. Making deals with other beings for various things, they can request anything, the love of their life, a great achievement, revenge, a cure to what ails them. You think of anything that anyone could want, a demon has made a contract to give it. Now what the demon receives in return for giving this thing, depends on their position, the rules of their boss, or what they feel to tell the price is." She chuckles and leans back into her seat, crossing a leg over the other as she continues. "Most of these people who deal with us are a bit, stupid in my opinion and never read into the deal and so they are the easy deals. But there are the smart ones, who want to see the contract, to know exactly what they're getting for what price. Those ones are the most fun."

As she said that she gave a wicked grin before shaking it away and trying think of something else to mention. "Oh, I've got a bit of Lust Demon power in me as well, I personally just refer to them as The Cubus, and that allows me to have a bit of a draining effect on beings with a soul or well, life force or will, I've ran into a few soulless beings that the effects still worked on. A bit of a useful power I use in battle or when I deal with a rather stubborn contract-maker.... I think that's about it for the things I can't show you and tell you about together." She got up from her seat and stretched to the sky, giving a yawn as she did and then looked to Kasai. "So, shall we venture to the fields?"

A man cloaked and hooded in deep green slipped into the tavern, shutting the door behind him urgently to escape the intemperate weather outside. Tersani's plain robe was not built for such strong rains and as such he had perished. He took in all the new warm colours, contrast to the gloom of the mountain forest trail he had previously been trudging through. The soaked character walked over to the bar and took a seat, breathing rather heavily and too tired to be trying to hide his negative and weary aura. Though, inside, he was rather joyed to have actually remembered about the place. Tersani looked around for a bit whilst waiting for someone to attend to him.

tan_by_yellowlemoncat-dba2fb6.jpg
Zinfanelda jumped a little when she heard a voice from behind the counter,
"Shifting Salamander? Has a nice ring to it, I suppose," She offered a smile back to him, "I'm looking for a woman, Margret Young. She's a traveling enchantress, I hear she's hear quite often." Zinfanelda knew it was a long shot, more of a myth than an actual person. The roar of peoples' laughter and stomping music overpowered her senses momentarily as she fought to focus on the man.

Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back