• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Shifting Salamander (Always Open, Walk-In Walk-Out Tavern)

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

"You apparently do not understand. Being a warrior and being a beast are divided by a very thin line, a beast kills all without thought, a warrior kills only those who do not remove themselves from the path he is on. But no, War is not merely crushing the weak and winning what you set out to gain, it is about many things and each person will say a different thing about what War is." He uncrossed his arms as he looked back to Magnus, a bit of a spark in the "Human's" eyes as he stared at the reptilian. "In my opinion, War is an excuse for the cowardly to send the brave to die or to prove their point. And mercy is not pathetic... It is something that a warrior reminds himself of to ensure he does not become a beast like the one I see before me." The spark in his eyes faded as he went back to looking around the tavern, not exclusively needing to see everyone to see them and what they were doing, so far peace was still in this tavern.

Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu

Magnus scoffed. "You think morals set you higher than I? Trust me, there are no morals nor heroes in the fox hole. I live by rules of survival, call me a beast but I am still alive. I cannot say the same for the warriors I have fought before" He snarled. "You know what mercy earned you? Nothing. You know what it earned me? Another day to kill and devour, to ravage and obliterate. It has earned many death, that is why I refuse to use it."

"You call me a beast and use it as a bad term. I say its the reason I am even alive today, if I had morals I would have died long ago"​

Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu

The young girl agrees with him, only to lightly blush when her stomach grumbled. It has been weeks since she ate after all. As an escapee from a livestock carriage, she was only able to survive from frozen apples and potatoes. The world she lived was nothing but ice, a winter that lasts forever and ever. So when she saw the windows that were filled with sunlight and colours, she immediately gasped softly. She indeed crossed another world, in fact, this place was enough to give her a culture shock.

The girl would follow him as she nods before sitting on a chair, it seems that she's mute due to the lack of sound. She could only do sign languages and hopes that he would understand her.
'Yes...Please...'

Kasai bowed his head in thanks, and tapped his forehead, mouth area, and chest with his left hand in a prayer, before flicking his right wrist. Seemingly out of nowhere, a pair of flaming chopsticks appeared in his hand. He picked up a piece of fish and brought it to where his mouth should have been. The crack in his face glowed and began to widen, revealing that he did indeed have a mouth. He ate the piece of fish, washed it down with a swig of rice wine, and made a gesture of satisfaction.

"Young woman- Zephyra, was it?- this meal is by far the most delicious I have eaten in many months. You could give the Sea Captains of Tear a run for their money. You give credit to yourself and this establishment by producing such fine cuisine." He continued to eat his fish, the crack in his face closing each time he lowered his chopsticks or glass.

v1a3gDI.jpg

ai6dsmh.jpg

"But good maiden! It is not a knight's lot to be impeded by something as laughable as mere 'impossibility'!" Pryonn laughed with his signature brightness "If it's warmth you lack, then I have more than enough for the both of us! If it's sustenance you need, then just tell me what you require! If it's defence from the sun you need, then I shall be your shield forevermore!"

One of his hands balled into a determined fist as he continued to exclaim "For you see, for with his Lady beside him so to stand, a knight can do quite anything! Grasp moonlight in his hand! Outfly the bird upon the wing!" the knight's fist opened to make a grand gesture, as if to encompass the tavern's interior "Though that is not to say I would be the only one to make concessions. It is my flesh that I fear would be a shame for you to display for others. I did mention Father's improvements for function over form, yes?"

Pryonn gave a sign to Kaatl, who raised a hand, a magical spark emerging from her palm. If Nacht was versed in the magical sort, she might recognize this as the preparation to display an image. To display a picture of sorts directly into a target's mind.

"Would you like to see, me at my most ashamed?" Pryonn gave a confident smile, his voice steady. He would not be offended by whatever Nacht chose.

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED
Azerothii Azerothii
capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

Daniel
Daniel let out a sigh as he kept his vigil on the tavern and listened to Magnus. "Every warrior until me. Mercy did in fact give me something, the ability to still stand in a place made of magic where if I had killed I would have been violently ejected by the creator of this place himself... But believe me, if I ever manage to find your plane of existence and get a true battle out of you, you will not be given the same privilege." He gave a chuckle as he still watched the tavern. "But one hint from a man who has been to your side and as you now know from our fight... Being a beast only gets you so far."

Edan
Edan smiled and gave a soft nod as she spoke in her way, being as old as he was he had to pick up some hobbies and sure his sign language was a bit rusty and incomplete but he knew enough. Now, she'd likely enjoy something warm, easy to conjure or summon such a thing, but what specifically... A young lass from a place rather cold by the melting snow still at the door, who was in some form of slavery which he may not need to know just yet, hmm. His smile soon grew larger as he reached behind his back and pulled out a white cloth, thin but hard to see through unless one stared through it at a bright light, and lowered it onto the table in front of her, and with a bit of flourish he yanked it into the air as a meal of rather royal-appearance appeared upon the table, mostly containing soup aside from some bread and a few other items on the side. And a fine mug of rather warm and sweet-smelling substance of a brownish color. "There you are my dear, a meal fit for a Princess and a warm cup of hot liquid chocolate. I assure you it all tastes good and should easily chase the cold away." He finished his speaking with a little bow and a pleasant grin gracing his features.

Zephyra
She nodded to him when he spoke her name in a questioning way, listening to him speak as she gave a chuckle, not like she'd exclusively made the meal herself, all the food and drink from here could give the best a proper challenge to beat. "Oh, no need to compliment in such ways. I didn't actually fry those and make that rice wine myself, it's all magic, Edan thought it'd be best to never keep a customer waiting for long so when he created this place he put in a bit of magic for the making of the food." She gave another chuckle as she watched him, it was a rather interesting sight, a stark contrast to that of the scaly lizard she'd been interested in earlier. This man seemed to be of refined culture or, at least he showed such well and that was still a nice sight for her to enjoy.​

Unwavering Knight Unwavering Knight
Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu

Nacht

And still he persisted. Persistence is a very attractive trait, no doubt. Made him even more interesting. The way he talked, she had never heard anyone talk like that about have a partner before, like they were broken without the other half or something. Way different then Shadow Spawn in the sense of having partners and such. Shadow Spawn can't really be around each other for a long period of time, there is the chance of accidentally melding.

They weren't physically there unless they hardened the life force around them, and in the Shadow Realm it was a bit harder to do because of the constant leeching the realm had. So if two life forces were together for too long without a barrier, they may join together. And then a new Shadow Spawn would be created out of the two joined life forces, erasing the personalities of both original 'parents'. This would eventually happen if two wish to meld, but if they didn't want to and accidentally meld then it was just said and done and they can't do anything about it.

So Shadow Spawn can't really show much affection towards each other, maybe for a short time but that's it. Humans and other species were very different, they can be in company of each other with no dangers of possibly being erased. They can show affection for long periods of time. There is actual love among these kinds of species instead of just life force attraction. It was very interesting to say the least.

But then Pryonn's question made her eyes glow bright out of curiosity. This was the story she had wanted to hear in image form, she was too curious to say no. "If you feel comfortable showing it, then I would be happy to see what you looked like before." She said. "I want to know who you were before."

Magnus

Being a beast only gets you so far. Well he'd go as far as he could because he refused to do anything else. Well... He didn't know how to become anything else but a beast, he had no idea how to show any kind of affection or gentleness. All he knew how to do was break whoever was in his way and leave them where he had broken them, and soon forget about them because they were not worthy of remembrance.

He's been raised to know that any other way besides violence, merciless, and obliteration was just weak and will get you killed quicker. Never get close and anyone either, that was a huge weakness. And he never did, nor did anyone ever try to get close to him because if they did they'd be dead within the first two days. So he grew up emotionally detached to anything, what he was attached to was war and suffering.

And really, he had no problem with it. He'd keep on going his path until something finally stopped him. Until he could find an opponent that would crush him like he's crushed several before, one that would show no mercy and gut him like he had gut many others. That is the only way he would die. Sure, being a beast gets you so far, but he's been alive for a while and he has been enjoying the ride. So why should he give up the only rules he knows?

Easy. He won't. "I'm sure your words could get through to someone else, but I simply cannot show any kind of trait that puts me aside from a beast. Violence itself raised me and shaped me, I'm too far down the line to change now" He started to get antsy with just sitting there, maybe he'd go back downstairs and get some alcohol. Or more food. Or just to get away from this human and his bullshit. Yeah, that sounds nice.​

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

Daniel gave Magnus a gentle nod in response, if one was so set in his way he had no right to speak of another way, even then he was not trying to change the reptilian as his ways were rightfully his own. Just as Daniel's way and will was his own. "I'm not trying to change you, just give you info... For when you meet someone of my strength of will, a death is what awaits you. But a pleasure speaking to you Magnus." He looked to the reptilian and bowed his head as a sign of respect before going to his vigil once more.

"Then I will die as I have lived, fighting." He said, standing up and gave Daniel a nod. The warrior did deserve some kind of respect for his skills, so Magnus showed him some respect through the nod. The large reptile dismissed himself from the company and back downstairs and sat down at the bar again, wondering where he should go next. He honestly hoped to seek out someone as strong as Daniel, someone who would finally kill him.

Then his life would be complete, he would die a death worthy of remembering and whomever had killed him out hopefully carry the scars forever so the name of his enemy would live on forever as long as the hero did. He should just leave this place, he's had his fill of fighting and food and his presence was not needed anymore, nor was it to begin with. Eh, a few more minutes, his head still kind of hurt and he was still a bit tired.​

Magic, was it? "If this Edan's magic can create food this delicious, then I would very much like for him to teach me how to use it myself," Kasai jested as he continued to feast on his fish.

After several more pieces, and a refill of his glass, he took a small break from eating to focus on Zephyra. She was really a very lovely young woman, but his better sense told him that it would be foolish to state this thought aloud. More than that, she was intriguing; she had a tail, which was a feature that no human had (that he'd seen, anyway), and she hadn't shied away from him at all. In fact, she had responded positively to his mannerisms, whereas others became too confused by the contrast between his personality and appearance to do much besides babble or prostrate themselves. He wanted to know more about her.

"If it does not discomfort you, Zephyra," he said, "it would please me if you told me about yourself."

v1a3gDI.jpg

ai6dsmh.jpg

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

Kaatl released the spark hovering over her palm, allowing the twinkle of light to leisurely fly over to Nacht. An image opened within her mind, urging for her to behold what might make others turn away...

wQ35YVT.jpg

The figure in the chair was restrained, twitches and rapid expansions of the chest and thorax indicative of the fact that he had been awake and conscious throughout the procedure.

"Yes, that is I. Father was no surgeon, but just a humble smith. Nor did he have sufficient knowledge of painkillers. His procedures of improval were crude, had the side-effects of either causing suffering-induced madness or rapid organ-failure, usually both, with one quickly following the other in special cases." Pryonn explained in a muted manner, his features resigned "All his attempts to create one suitable for the Cause were met with failure, their corpses fed to Mother. My tainted birth was thus a blessing - for now Father could use my childhood to indoctrinate me into absorbing great amounts of pain with my sanity intact, whilst trusting my abominable traits to keep me alive long enough to fulfill the Cause."

"By the time it was my turn to kill Mother, Father had perfected his measures on onethousand-fourhundred-twentysix prior subjects, allowing my operation to go smoothly. Father planned for my body to break down shortly after I killed Mother, for my system to violently reject the toxins and primitive implants pumping chemicals throughout my flesh to fatal effect." For the first time Pryonn gave a wry smile, the sort reserved for spiteful nostalgia "Kaatl aided me just as I aided her. She safeguarded my health as I slowly removed the offensive metal from my form over the course of weeks."

The fairy patted the knight's helmeted head. Pryonn opened his arms in a welcoming gesture "Thus here I am, alive when I should not be, knight when I should be corpse."

Really nothing was ugly to Nacht, everything just looked different. A new kind of appearance, more interesting or intriguing than ugly. She listened closely to this story of his, and as it progressed her shadowy veil started getting darker as her 'heart' began to weigh down with the sadness and pity she felt for him. That's an awful past, nobody should have to go through pain and suffering just for a single task. That's what loopholes are for.

And he was expected to die? So, what, was he just abandoned? Left to die? That thought hit her not too lightly, since Nacht was pretty emotional the thought of any type of abandonment, especially of one of a gentle soul like Pryonn, did not sit too well with her. He was made into a weapon is what she had gotten out of the story, a weapon that was to be disposed of after only one use. He wasn't seen as another life but just another tool.

It's evil. Her eyes dimmed considerably and suddenly her and the shadow Pryonn switched spots so she was beside him. The smaller Shadow Spawn wrapped her dark and cold arms around the knight, holding as tight as she could. She didn't say anything from fear of sounding all choked up because she indeed was holding back her tears. She was very emotional so a story like that would have triggered some kind of reaction like the one she was having now.​

v1a3gDI.jpg

ai6dsmh.jpg

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

"Good maiden..." Pryonn welcomed Nacht's embrace with a sad smile, letting the living shadow envelop his plated form. Slowly he led a hand to pat the shade-limb hugging his chest "... do not spill your tears for me. Time is not measured in years, but deeds. Your embrace is soothing, though the coldness of your form seeps through my plates, it is easily overwritten by the warmth you grant my heart!"

Seconds of silence went by, the knight simply letting the cold shadow cling to him. Having lived and accepted his past since the day of his birth, telling the abridged version was not much of an effort for him, though it still required some effort. His past had been a wound once, certainly, and he had spent many nights despairing over his fate, but in the end it was a wound he had healed. Mostly, at least. He hoped.

Slowly the resignationg faded from his features, his pleased expression taking on new sincerity "Ebonine maiden. I am a knight who dreams the Impossible Dream. What is sickness to the body of a knight-errant? What are wounds to his flesh? Even if struck down by either, no matter how often, a knight will simply rise again to woe to the wicked!" A twinkle entered his eye again, his smile turning to a wry grin as he sang "This is my Quest, to follow that star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far! To fight for the right, without question or pause, to be willing to march into hell, for a heavenly cause!"

"Now, maiden Nacht, what's to be your answer? Would you be my Lady, would you dream with me, the Impossible Dream?"

Nacht, having calmed down, was able to speak without the possibility of sounding like a big baby. She almost couldn't believe this human, she had never come across one so devote to doing the right thing and fighting for those weaker than he. It made her happy to know at least some people were good through and through. She wanted to travel with him, she'd have to find a way around the the sun but surly it won't be that hard.

She pulled back away from him to simply stand beside him. There was no way she could turn him down nor was she going to. Her eyes glowed brightly, which was the same as smiling, and she nodded. "There is no way I could deny you, you are so unique and interesting. There are too many things about you that I simply could not turn down." She said, sounding genuine. "I will dream whatever dream you may have with you and I won't back down."

Meanwhile, Magnus who was sitting not too far away, growled a laugh. Idiots. He didn't see this new iron-clad warrior walk in before he left to fight so he had just arrived not too long ago and now they were talking a lot of sappy shit and it just made the large reptilian shake his head. Haven't even known each other more than over the course of a few hours and now they spoke like they would do anything for the other. It was just pathetic.

In all honest, any type of that so-called feeling 'love' was pathetic. It didn't exist, its some kind of construct made up by weaker beings who thought too much into it.​

Now Zephyra thought about that for merely a moment before she gave a soft giggle, she didn't know what Edan's magic actually did to get such meals but she had tried to learn some of the magic he knew, he was older than her after all by a few eras. "Well, I'm sure he'd be willing to teach you. He tried to teach me a bit of magic but, guess it never clicked with me." She gave a shrug as she finished, Edan was never one for the kind of magics her side used though he did know some.

Zephyra still hasn't figured out why some of his magic didn't click with her mind, perhaps it was because she lacked something he had but even monsters were called such for not having that thing she thought of... But he had always claimed to not be a monster, just an uncommon sentient. Hmph, secretive shifter. She still didn't know what he was, just that he was strange compared to other shifters, and old even older than her family patriarch and that was a feat. And that most often, he did not tolerate any form of evil.

Then she was shook from her contemplating as the being of wood and fire spoke again, but now was asking to learn about her. This brought a large smile to her face as her tail unwrapped from her waist and began to sway about and her legs began to kick back and forth, apparently this made her rather happy.
"Well where do you want me to start?" She spoke with an excited voice as she grinned at him. "My race perhaps? I know it bewilders some but those damned religious types often figure it out easily when they even get a glance at me... Maybe how I wound up working here with a Shapeshifter, a man who claims to have once been truly human, a shadow, and a fairy. Or, would you rather know what I am capable of?" At this moment her shirt shifted ever so slightly in the back and she gave her company something between a sadistic and proud look before it returned to her more gentle one as she gave a giggle and looked to him. "So what'll it be mystery wanderer?"

My, she gave a lot of options.

"Why not all of them?" Kasai asked in reply. "Race, history, and ability are all key parts of what makes us who we are." He leaned forward. "Shall I make you a deal? If you tell me about yourself, I will tell you about myself; I could see by your reactions to me that you find me just as fascinating as I find you. And I am willing to indulge your curiosity, if you first indulge mine."

Well, all was it? Such fun topics to talk about, at least in her opinion and so her tail kept swaying and her legs kicking. Then came the little a few words that chose what her first thing to speak about would be, "Shall I make you a deal?" "Well you're right, but watch your phrasing... A certain Demoness may try to strike a deal with you instead. That starts us off, I'm a demon, not a human, this is just a worldly vessel I made over a few long centuries, and yes I'm evil you can ask of most of the others who work here and they'll agree." At this moment her shirt shifted in the same area as before and she let out a sigh, but instead of removing her shirt and showing off the leather armor she wore and the dragon-like wings she had, she adjusted her hair as two black horns roughly about 2-inches and barely curved back showed through her hair and the shifting under her shirt vanished.

"Now I'm not anywhere high on any level, just a deal-broker for one of the Greed Demons and Sin Demons are usually some of the strongest. But that plays into how I got here, apparently even my boss owed someone and who'd have thought it was some old shifter." She jutted her thumb over towards Edan who was helping a younger lass. "Apparently he had a run-in with Edan in his less powerful days and was released on the condition of owing him a favor, apparently that favor was meant to get a chance to meet me to talk. The talk happened, my boss was happy to not owe anyone anymore, and I was getting sucked into a deal I kind of couldn't resist. I get free pickings for deals as long as the beings know what they're getting into, and he got one of the best Brewmasters in the existence I knew. That's how I got here." She motioned about the tavern with a smile before hopping off the table and turning around to bend over and lean on it with her elbows and chin resting on her hands.

And with the look of a curious schoolgirl she spoke to him.
"Now, tell me a bit about yourself, you can learn what I can do after a little bit."

Kasai nodded as Zephyra recounted her history for him. The fact that she was a demoness came as a small surprise, though he had suspected that such might be the case. He was pleased that she was happy with her fate working here; many others he knew would balk at such a destiny. She seemed excited to tell all this information, and just as excited to hear his.

And now it was his turn.

"Let me begin by saying that my history is not nearly as exciting as yours," he said apologetically. "I hope that does not deter you."

Zephyra let out a giggle as he said his history wasn't as interesting. "Listen, it doesn't deter me but that is because I learned that one life is always envied by someone else, and that even a simple tale is a wondrous story to another. So... Get talking~" She smirked and made a motion for him to go on with her right hand before placing it back under her chin as she looked at him, still the same look of curiosity in her eyes.

"Very well.

"I am Kogeta Kasai, son of Kogeta Tochi, seventh firstborn of the Kogeta bloodline, and a fire lord of the East. My father bestowed upon me these rune stones before he died, mere days after my birth." He gestured to six of the seven rune stones hovering around his neck, pointing out one in particular. "This one he crafted himself, and the others were crafted by my forefathers, passed down from father to firstborn son throughout the generations." He fingered his father's rune stone somewhat sadly.

"I suppose that despite my... unusual circumstances at birth, I lived a fairly standard childhood, which I will not bore you with. At least, it was standard until the year I came of age, at which, in accordance with my people's tradition, I left home, to never return. For many months now, I have traveled this wondrous world in search of my purpose in life. Back home, in the East, my people have a saying: 'To know one's purpose is to know one's peace.' We believe that when we discover the one thing our life is truly meant for, then we will experience eternal peace in the Land of the Sky Emperor when we die. I hold this belief fervently, and thank my mother for raising me so strongly in our people's faith.

"In my travels, I have seen many things: walking stones, creatures made of water, and trees that sang of the future. I have met many people: the Sea Captains of Tear, the fierce women of the North, and desert men who forged sand into towers. Yet none of what I have experienced has helped me get any closer to discovering my one true purpose in life. I would have forged on indefinitely, but even I cannot go without nourishment forever. Thus, I am here now, recounting my tale to you."

When Kasai had finished his story, he sat back in his chair.

Zephyra
Zephyra stood there in silence as he recounted his own history to her, it may not sound as interesting as hers might be but there were plenty of things that caught interest and made her hold on to see what was next and brought questions to her mind. But out of respect she waited for him to finish before any were to be asked or possibly answered, much less if she was to speak more on herself. But before too long he had finished recounting his tale to her, and she gave a smile. "You lied... It sounds far more exciting than mine." She gave a giggle and got her elbows off the table as she moved to take a seat opposite this Kogeta Kasai and leaned on the table still wearing a smile. "Only exciting stories ever bring up questions, so what's a Fire Lord? And why do your people have a tradition that forbids you from ever returning home? It seems cruel." She bit her lip as she thought on it, sure she'd only want to return home to ensure a deal went through or to check on her two pets... Though one had a lover he'd made a deal to be with, still a bit sour about seeing Zephyra.

Edan & Daniel
Edan walked over to the counter of the tavern and waved at Daniel who had been watching from a table in the upstairs area, but the shifter waved at him once again and he finally got up and began to walk downstairs as Edan walked to the stairs to meet him. "Daniel! I wanted to run an idea by you... How would you feel if I put up some Christmas decorations? A tree, some mistletoe in a few spots, maybe some candles, a few lights... Christmas things ya know, maybe a few floating magic stars near the ceiling." The shifter looked back to the unusual Human who seemed to have adopted a look of annoyance.

"You're wanting to put up Christmas decorations? Most of the dimensions out there don't even have a thing SIMILAR to Christmas, why bother putting anything up it'll either confuse them or make them think it is something else."
Daniel spoke with slight annoyance in his voice as he looked at the Shifter whom he worked for with a look that showed he didn't see any reason to have such things in here.

Edan looked a bit shocked by his response to the suggestion he had bounced off him.
"Why bother? Because it's Christmas! A holiday that was once a pagan event, that then became a symbol of the birth of a savior in another religion, and it's a lovely holiday! Gift-giving, snow, lights, family, and occasionally someone gets to be happy." Edan smiled and gave a bit of a chuckle at the last one despite it being true and he looked back to Daniel who was shaking his head.

"Do what you want Edan, it's your tavern, but try to make me wear anything Christmas-y and we'll be seeing just how good 5000 plus years treated you." And with this word of warning Daniel took his leave and went to find a new spot to watch the tavern from.

Edan gave a sigh and nodded, he knew Zephyra wouldn't mind, she was one of the people who'd walk around with a piece of mistletoe hanging from a rod attached to her hat. But, these decorations would need to be put up soon, Christmas was already near by the remembrance of his reality's calendar...

The wooden floor bent and moaned under the somewhat sizable weight of the Tavern's newest guest, though such was drowned out by the drunken shenanigans. At 7 feet tall, the top of other's heads was a frequent sight and he had to be wary of surroundings with the 5 foot tail jutting from his rear. Gold, taloned feet carried this wary traveller from the entry door to the bar counter. Curved and lengthy claws jutted from each digit that lightly glided across the ground. These bony limbs belonged to no mere mortal man, but instead a bipedal beast. Evidenced by his array of not only avian traits with the talons and white feathered head of his, but also the attribute of having a primarily feline frame. This coupled with his innate grace and majesty denoted he was indeed the hybrid of legend known as Griffins. His broad torso was lined with tawny brown fur with large, robust paws at the ends of his arms. Folded seamlessly along his backside almost like a cape and pitch as the night sky were his plumaged wings. Yellow eyes and prominently curved, goldenrod beak were seemingly ensnared in a perpetual state of rigidness. So many conversations were happening around him and his acute auditory receptors couldn't help but put him in deep conversation to survey the mortals around him. Though this would only be temporary as the bird cat would reach his destination and was met with an awaiting server.

"Greetings." He began, his tone just as inspiring as his visage. One with a keen eye would notice the slightest of smiles tugging at the corners of his rostrum. Conveying more friendly gestures with sharp, beastly traits and a propensity for bloodshed had generally mixed results. Didn't hurt to try at times. "A glass of your most aged Agiorgitiko. Thank you." He requested with a nod, placing a few silver and bronze coin pieces on the counter. Tharraleos was this wandering traveller's name, a creature somewhat unique amongst the mythical hybrids. Evident by the trio of fin shaped structures adorning his head along with webbing strung across the digits of his paws and talons, he was some sort of aquatic subspecies. Such would be a fair assessment, as this particular specimen hailed from the Aerasginero; warrior Griffins who specialize in potent mastery of land, air and sea. Even more, they were shapeshifters capable of altering their human sized bipedal forms to a much larger and feral, quadruped monster boasting greater power at the loss of varying degrees of self control. Suffice to say, though his coat was obviously well groomed with a lush and downy appearance, those on the receiving end of his animalistic ferocity would barely be able to remember the story to tell. With the attendant off to fetch his beverage, the hubristic beast awaited patiently, keeping a keen yet silent focus of nearby surroundings. Fools seemed more foolish with liquid courage coursing through their veins and it was most wise to remain prepared, not that such was all that necessary.

"...and so I told the mugger: Shame on you for being bad in Christmas! Then I put out a rabbit hole to send him to oblivion where-"

"Aid, you can't deport people to Australia just because it's Christmas! And stop calling Australia oblivion!"

A black haired boy clad in a thick winter coat and a checkered blue scarf came in, followed by a young man in a p with tired eyes. Aid kept chattering as they walked in.

"Meh. It is oblivion. But isn't it better than killing them? That's what you did to Baron Iskandar in case you forgot, Faust." They found an empty seat and sat down. The table was too tall for Aid, but with a few flick of his waist, a stack of cushion heightened his seat. The tired man answered, sounding desperate.

"That was different! You know that he- screw it!" Faust let his face fell on the table. He hadn't slept for the last five... seven days. Aid became more uncontrollable since he was told about Christmas. And that said something about the magic prodigy. Oh, how he regrets that day he answered Aid's glittering eyes. He understood now why Drevis pushed all responsibility to him when it came to Aid and Christmas. 'Since you were the one to tell him', he said. Still staring at the wooden furniture, he raised one hand above.

"Can I have a mug of coffee?" he asked weakly. "a strong one? I think I need it."

Aid was still chattering. "You can't meet Santa Claus if you fall asleep! The sneaky fat man will put your gift then and run away! Drevis and Dinara used to be so clever and smart. Why can't they understand the reason I burn the forest was to help prevent anyone from sleeping? My logic is infallible!"

Catching the sight of an idle waiter, Aid waved his hand frantically.

"Heey! Can you bring us a glass of orange juice, a pot of coffee, and two cheese sandwiches? Do you want something else, Faust?"

Faust was too tired to reply.

"First, we fire lords are simply that. Lords of fire. From our conception, our people have been blessed with the ability to control the element of fire. It is a heavy responsibility, however; for just as fire can cook food and warm bodies, it can also destroy cities and kill innocents. For that reason, we are very careful not to use our abilities for frivolous purposes.

"Second, I am afraid I phrased that poorly. The tradition of my people is simply to leave home to seek purpose; we are free to return any time. Not returning home was a personal choice I made, for I desired to spend the rest of my life seeing all this world has to offer. I will admit, my decision was a bit hasty, and it may well be that I will have to change my mind, so that I may produce a firstborn son of my own."

tan_by_yellowlemoncat-dba2fb6.jpg
Zinfanelda stepped into the tavern. The smell of sweat and beer hit like a dragon drawn carriage. She fought the urge to cover her nose and gag; social outings were never quite her strong suit. People were singing and seeming to have a nice time. She put on her happy face and paced to the bar, dodging and weaving sweaty, drunk dancers and rounded tables. It was aglow with glasses and bottles of all sorts. Zinfanelda wasn't much of a drinker, despite her name, but she wanted to fit in with crowd,
"Excuse me?" She called to the bar but her voice seemed to have been lost in all ruckus of the tavern. She was suddenly acutely aware of how out of place she seemed. Her large, dark rimmed glasses sat awkwardly on her face and she was nothing but average while the people in the tavern all seemed so different. She crossed her arms in an attempt to seem less occupied with her appearance but her eyes kept darting around the tavern; trying to absorb all the new aesthetics of people and things.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back