• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Serpents | Main

Characters
Here

Katarina Fox

Katarina had an interesting relationship with the opposite sex, to say the least. She didn't tolerate many men, liked even fewer, and trusted only a handful. And yet, her role in the Outlaws required her to get close to many men, even convincing them that they stood a chance with her so she could get them alone. Perhaps her job was what put the general distaste for the male gender in her mouth... or perhaps the distaste was pre-existing and what made her so good at her job. A case of the chicken or the egg, really.

Either way, guys she was around usually fell into four categories: 1) Her marks, who truly believed they deserved the fluttering eyelashes and flirty comments she doled out to them. 2) Strangers who were smart enough to fear her standoffish demeanor and sharp tongue when she wasn't on a job. 3) Fools who took her sarcastic comments and insults as a challenge. Or 4) The rare souls she actually allowed herself to enjoy the company of.

River Striker was earning himself a spot in the third category with each confidence-filled comment and smirk. The Serpent was unarguably attractive- tall and built, with dark features that only made his green eyes stand out more. But Katarina wasn't one to be blinded by good looks, especially when the man in question already smelled like another woman's perfume. So you say I’m clever, chica? I’m flattered, you’re thinking highly of me. The wink which accompanied River's comment made Kat want to roll her eyes, but she refrained, keeping an neutral expression as she appraised him. "Clever enough to get yourself killed..." She retorted.

Kat moved closer to River for a moment, toying with him as she pointed out that her lack of company was by choice, before moving back away from him. She questioned his own lack of company, besides herself, and finished her drink, ordering another tequila. What makes you think I haven't? River had already suggested he was a fool by engaging with the sharp-tongued Latina, but as he boldly reached out to play with a loose strand of Kat's hair, he confirmed it. And if not for Matt, he'd be a dead fool. Katarina's dark eyes narrowed slightly, the arrival of her drink saving River from a broken hand, for now, and she reached over to take the glass rather than catch his hand as he pulled it away. At least he knew well enough not to let it linger. What if I found exactly who I wanted to? Admit it, Kitty-Kat. We have chemistry.

"People who want to find me, know better than to try their luck smelling like their last conquest's cheap perfume." Katarina scoffed, turning to face the bar once more as she squeezed a lime into her drink. "And something tells me you didn't do very well in science classes." She added, raising the tequila to her lips and draining half the glass. "Lucky for you though, Stevie seems to be well versed in anatomy, so she'll be able to reset your hand if you ever touch me again." Kat mused, glancing over at River and returning his earlier wink. Hell, she might be serious, or she might just be fucking with the Serpent. River would be gambling though if he ever tried to find out.

"So now that we've established that I'm not the one you're looking for... I imagine that means you haven't seen Matt yet tonight either?" Katarina continued on conversationally, as if she hadn't just threatened the man beside her. He was a big boy, and a gang member at that, so she wasn’t under any false pretenses that her words would leave him quaking in his boots or send him running for the hills in fear. At most Kat might have bruised his ego a little, but with River even that was questionable. The female gang member had just wanted to make the line very clear, so that if River tried crossing it again, he couldn’t say she didn’t warn him. Yes, she had every intention of playing nice for Matt’s sake, but she still had her limits.

The gang leader had asked that his Outlaws be present at the celebration of life for his brother, and Kat had shown face, but if he wasn't around anyways, she wondered how long she'd actually have to stay. River had been Liam's right hand man, and now the brunette wondered if he would retain his place under Matt, or if Ryder would try to keep his Outlaw status. Tonight was hardly the time to expect any answers as to the politics of the newly combined gangs, but it was still interesting to observe the dynamics.

Unamused

Bar

nine lives

Archer Hale

While Archer loved a good conflict and fist fight, he preferred it to be between guys. Female drama and cattiness was never something he particularly reveled in, and so when Izzy arrived and Mimi shot her an unwelcoming comment, he tried to diffuse the situation. Izzy appreciated it, which earned Archer an extra shot, but Mimi did not, which just earned him an annoyed look. Though, as the blonde fell into conversation with Enzo, Arch turned to Mimi and Bri, moving over to the dynamic duo and resting his arms around their shoulders.

When he asked what had delayed Bri's arrival, his bed buddy replied with an excuse about not having anyone to wash her back. A smirk immediately appeared on the giant's lips as the image of Brianna's naked form came to mind. Archer resisted replying with the lewd thoughts that spurred from such imagery, not wanting to completely alienate Mimi, who already seemed to be in a sour mood, as Bri so delicately pointed out a few moments earlier. "Well, since I wasn't there, I'm glad to hear you didn't find anyone to fill the position..." He replied, finding that the more innocent of his potential responses.

Hearing Mimi reiterate that five was a crowd, Arch turned to her and watched as she downed two shots, back to back. "At this rate, it's a toss up which of you will be spending time with your porcelain friend tonight..." He joked, trying to bring levity to things since he wasn't good at offering comforting sentiment. The Serpent member knew that Bri and Mimi were close friends, so if the blonde wasn't able to help lighten Mimi's mood, Arch figured he surely wouldn't have the right words for her either. The man shot Bri a "do something" glance as he nodded over at Mimi, but it was too late. Mimi announced that she was going outside, and before anyone could argue with her decision, she was gone. "Well, fuck..." Archer breathed, turning back to Bri after watching Mimi's form disappear.

Having gotten distracted before answering Bri's question about how much she had to drink to catch up, Archer finally turned his attention back to the inquiry. "Well..." He began, reaching out with his now free hand and finally grabbing the shot Izzy had given him. "Including this one? I'd say..." Arch mused, tossing back the shot quickly. "... I've lost count." He grinned, setting the glass down with a chuckle. "But you seem to be making up for lost time with ease."

Archer signalled to the bartender for two more drinks, this time ordering a whiskey and whatever Brianna wanted. While they waited for the next round, he removed his arm from around the petite blonde, and leaned against the bar, facing her. His eyes drank in her form, lingering for a few extra minutes as he admired her low cut top beneath her jacket, before flicking back up to her pretty face. "So did you actually manage to scrub those unreachable places... Or should I offer some assistance later tonight?" He asked, reaching out and looping one of his fingers in the belt loop of her jeans and pulling her closer.

Archer's mind should have been on Liam right now, or even Matt and Mimi since they were dealing with a pain much greater than the rest... But he was a man, and as mentioned before, in search of any distraction to keep him from feeling the loss of their leader. Not that Bri was just any distraction though. She'd been his fuck buddy for a while now, so Arch imagined that Liam, may he rest in peace, would forgive him. At least he wasn't seeking pleasure or solace in some random girl. "Or, you know, if you need a shoulder to cry on..." Arch added, with a small, almost sad smile.

nine lives

"The Best Friend"

Brianna Carlton

The mood got visibly colder when Izzy appeared and Bri noticed. At least between the blonde newcomer and Brianna’s best bitch Mimi. Something happened between the two, that was obvious and while Bri loved a good catfight, especially if she could take part in it, seeing Mimi annoyed was not something she liked. Throwing a comment Mimi’s way, Brianna was aware that she was not the nicest but it was the way she and Mariah talked. No one dared, to repeat it after them unless they wanted a set of carefully sharpened girl claws imprinted on their dumb faces.

Brianna was rather content with her current position, standing under strong arm of Archer Hale, a guy she shared a lot more than a drink with. But when Mimi retorted with her “five is a crowd” comment and downed those shots like the best of them, Bri became a bit concerned. Arch threw a comment on the porcelain god worship which made the blonde laugh but Mimi did not seem very much amused. “No worries, lover. We’ll share. Won’t be the first time.” she grinned but it still did not help. Archer’s look was unmissable and his eyes were almost begging her to do something and Bri definitely would but Mariah was faster and disappeared in the crowd. “Well…fuck indeed.” Brianna repeated Arch’s words and tried to locate Mimi in the body of people, unfortunately no avail.

Archer downed another shot and they went a bit back and forth about Brianna keeping up before her moved to the bar, ordering whiskey for himself and Brianna. His eyes danced on her body and the girl enjoyed the attention very much. The dark red leather jacket left her body as she shrugged it off, throwing it over a nearby bar stool. That one simple move revealed the intricate top she was wearing, the transparent part of it hinting there was not exactly much under the black fabric. With a sultry smile gracing her luscious lips, Bri let him pull her closer to him.

Her left hand rested flat on his hardened chest. Moving her fingers a little higher to play with his jacket flirtatiously, Brianna looked up and brought the bitter amber liquid in her glass to her lips, taking a slow sip. “I think…that just to be absolutely sure…” she purred. “…you should come over and have a proper look at all such places.” she winked and drank again. The last part of his statement had her smile fall a little but she put it right back where it belonged. “You know I don’t cry, Arch. Or at least…not from sadness.” the blonde chuckled, covering the fact that her stomach actually somersaulted. Liam was dead. This was the celebration of his life. Wasn’t it kind of disrespectful to be arranging a hookup now? Then again, Liam wouldn’t want anyone to wallow in misery. He’d want them to have fun, right? Right?

Brianna downed the rest of her drink, leaning her small form on Archer’s twice that big. “So, what are we doing, big guy? More shots? A smoke? A dance? Or do you have someone else to see before you give me the whole night?”

mood.
flirtatious

location.
bar

outfit.
click!

interactions.
Archer

tags.
Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom

code by deer of 9 colours.

"the right hand man"

River Striker

After his arrival, River could only see a few faces he actually knew better and would possibly want to have a conversation with them or even be in their company. However, he needed his drink first and so his steps led to the bar where he asked the bartender for a beer. The droplets-covered bottle landed in front of him almost immediately and he nodded at the good man as an expression of thanks. That bottle might have been the first River was going to pour down his throat that night but certainly not the last one. After all, his good buddy was gone. And while it had already been some time since it happened, River was still not exactly over the fact that Liam was no more.

For the time being, his gaze fell upon a girl who could provide a moment of fun. Katarina Fox, one of the newest contributions to the Serpents and an absolute eye candy. Okay, now, despite how it might seem, River was not a dumb imbecile who couldn’t take a hint, alright? But he loved to tease and have fun and that was exactly what he was doing. He definitely didn’t have any illusions to become an important man in Kat’s life or even get close enough to her to smell the perfume from her collarbone. But it didn’t mean there was going to be no tease coming from his side just as he did to every single girl he decided to bless with some of his hilarious presence.

They went a little back and forth and River understood he needed to be more careful. The fact occurred to him the second his fingertips touched the dark lock of her silky hair and he played with it for a moment. There was no reason for him to keep poking the sleeping dragon so that hand left soon after it came. She might have been a new face in the Serpent crowd but River knew a sharp girl when he met one and something was telling him that she could give him a run for his money if they decided to get into it. And he was not talking about the roll in the sheets. Although... Shut up, River!

Her response to his smartass comments and hand on her hair made River’s skin tingle and his lips were, once again, spread into a wide smile. “I like you, Katarina. I like you a lot. I think we need more girls like you over here.” he grinned and offered his bottle for a cheers. “Anyway, we possibly started here with a wrong foot. How about we try again?” he proposed and held an index finger of his left hand up while he took a sip from his beer and turned his back on her. Lingering there for a second, he turned around and looked at her, faking a polite smile. “Hello there, ma’am.” Offering a handshake, he almost bowed. “Name’s River Striker. You seem to be new here. I hope you’re having a pleasant evening.” he finished his charade and laughed over how dumb he was being.

“But to answer your earlier question, no, I haven’t seen Matt yet. Wanna go look for him or shall we share a few more drinks before that? Maybe you’ll let me show you that I can actually be civil, eh?”

mood.
trying to be civil

location.
bar

outfit.
click!

interactions.
Kat

tags.
Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom

code by deer of 9 colours.

Users who are viewing this thread