• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Selection Roleplay - OOC Chat

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
me? voting for you to up the character limit so you can? it's more likely than you think

XD I've actually been considering it. I'm just worried people (including me) might make more characters than we can handle. But if everyone is comfortable with it we totally could. It's not like everyone needs to have the max amount anyways.

i don't see a reason why the max can't be 'whatever you can handle'.

also, i have a question about caleb as a character. isn't that like... not the way you move up castes? like. to move up castes you need to marry a man (the man in the relationship keeps the caste, girl moves up/down respectively) or be born into it. right? basically being brought in wouldn't be a thing that would happen. he might get a castle job that fits caste seven, but he'll be caste seven for the rest of his life.

i don't see a reason why the max can't be 'whatever you can handle'.

also, i have a question about caleb as a character. isn't that like... not the way you move up castes? like. to move up castes you need to marry a man (the man in the relationship keeps the caste, girl moves up/down respectively) or be born into it. right? basically being brought in wouldn't be a thing that would happen. he might get a castle job that fits caste seven, but he'll be caste seven for the rest of his life.

Alright. If everyone else is fine with it then I'll gladly change the max or get rid of it entirely. ^^

Actually, Caleb's situation (though it's a bit strange how he became a Guard) is perfectly normal. Many men of lower castes would apply to be a guard so they can move up castes. In fact, in the original series one of the characters in a low caste ends up becoming a Palace Guard.

cool! i figured i was missing something. it's been a few years since i;ve read the series, but i know some people haven't read it at all so i was wondering if i was wrong or right there, but i def wanted to check. glad it works out! because I. Love. Caleb.

Alright. If everyone else is fine with it then I'll gladly change the max or get rid of it entirely. ^^

Actually, Caleb's situation (though it's a bit strange how he became a Guard) is perfectly normal. Many men of lower castes would apply to be a guard so they can move up castes. In fact, in the original series one of the characters in a low caste ends up becoming a Palace Guard.
Ah! I could change the backstory a bit if it means it will comply better to the story background! I was doing my research on the book and I found that information but like I wasn't sure how to use it in a way that would keep Caleb more interesting, haha.

cool! i figured i was missing something. it's been a few years since i;ve read the series, but i know some people haven't read it at all so i was wondering if i was wrong or right there, but i def wanted to check. glad it works out! because I. Love. Caleb.
Awh I'm glad that you like him. I get worried if my male characters are not as up to par with others.

Ah! I could change the backstory a bit if it means it will comply better to the story background! I was doing my research on the book and I found that information but like I wasn't sure how to use it in a way that would keep Caleb more interesting, haha.

Awh I'm glad that you like him. I get worried if my male characters are not as up to par with others.

I didn't mean to make you feel you should change it! It's unconventional, but makes for an interesting backstory. I think it's great ^^ I also love your character!!

Welcome, welcome!

PrincessMuk PrincessMuk
I changed the age of Caleb from 30 to 27! Sorry, I don't know I just wanted to change the age. I didn't want him to be way older than the other characters because that would be sort of odd for me, haha.

hey helen, maybe you should leave the bumping to me, princess, and optimist. we try to do it once a day, not more. it's sort of a curtosy. but we appreciate the effort to spread the word!

Yay hi everyone! I'm Helene, and I'm super excited to start!

Hey! Glad to have you.

Welcome, welcome!

PrincessMuk PrincessMuk
I changed the age of Caleb from 30 to 27! Sorry, I don't know I just wanted to change the age. I didn't want him to be way older than the other characters because that would be sort of odd for me, haha.

Alright! You don’t have to apologize, btw. You can change your character anytime before we start.

Posted my girl to the character sheets, lmk if I need to change anything! Might apply for a maid later!

make a guard! we're trying to fill our selected slots and also the royal family (at least king/queen), but a guard would be lovely too.

Would you all prefer maids/valets to be assigned or would you like to work it out with each other? Or a mix (i.e. if you don't want to choose then I'd assign it)?

why would it need to be assigned? if we don't have enough, we could just say they're general maids to serve the needs of whoever?

The idea was that in the book, every Selected girl had three maids just to serve her. Obviously three is a lot to ask so I'd only planned on one maid/valet for each Selected. If we don't have enough, though, I guess general maids/valets would be a better idea... :/

i mean yeah, i know... i read the books. but i think just because it's unlikely we'll gather that many characters we can say they're just general maids for plotline's sake. if people would prefer to have their spacific maid assigned to someone spacific they can choose to, but it might just make more sense to make them all 'maids of the selected and the royal family'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back