• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The School for the Supernaturally Gifted. (Open + always accepting)

The front doors to the school suddenly burst open.
"Yo...this place is huge. I could barely even find these doors, and they're like fifteen feet tall."
"That's only because you didn't know where to look."
Two figures strode in. The first was an average-looking boy, with black hair and a vaguely aloof expression on his face, with sweatpants and a green T-shirt that read Morro Laboratories.
The second was a girl. She was the same height as him, but that was the only similarity they shared. She had stark white hair that went almost to her waist, piercing eyes, and a permanent look which guaranteed she meant business, along with a brown jacket, white tank top and jeans.
"Well excuse me," The boy retorted. "I had no idea that the place would be this big. Besides, West had the map."
"
Yet somehow, she still managed to get lost..." The girl muttered irritably. "I expect we'll be seeing them in a few days...or a few hours. No way to tell when it comes to West driving."
"Amen."
The girl suddenly turned on him accusingly. "Don't act like you're any better, Finch. I've seen you try to navigate, you're a horrendous driver."
Finch scoffed. "Yeah, because I don't actually know how to drive, North."
North scoffed right back. "Whatever. Where are we supposed to go, anyways?"
"Oh, now you're asking me?" Finch shook his head. "Forget it. We have to go find our rooms." He rifled through a stack of papers in his hand.
"Seems we're in rooms right next to each other."
"Wonderful. I get to see more of you." North took a look at the map and walked off in one direction, forcing Finch to follow.
Soon enough, the two of them deposited their items in their rooms, which both had bunk beds. That indicated that each of them had a roommate which they had yet to meet. Afterwards they headed for the arena upon hearing that there was a gathering there.

DramonFire DramonFire SRUNewman SRUNewman The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect NineTimes NineTimes (idk just tagging random people for this first post)

"I haven't heard of that group, though I did hear that the SDB hires talented mercenary groups to do their clean up work when the actual agents aren't available. Like when a summoning ritual went wrong and a storm dragon attacked a small city in Canada... Was that your family?" Akira asked Daizo, wondering how strong his family members were.

SRUNewman SRUNewman

As the group began to enter the arena, everyone noticed how big the actual battlefield was. The building itself was modeled after the Greek Colosseum, only it wasn't built in the same material, instead, it was built with these pristine broken white bricks, each and every one of them still smooth, like they were built yesterday. Around the arena, you had a lot of foliage, which only added to the already beautiful building. And of course, you had the spectator's area, where fabulous red leather seats stood. There must be place for more than 100 people. Zekron stood in the middle of the arena, in front of him was a massive rock, almost twice as big as the tall teacher. He breathed in and exhaled, his palm extended as a bright light in the form of a ball with a diameter of 2cm formed. He steadily pulled the arm back, and with a firm push, he pushed the ball into the rock, shattering it with a massive bang.

The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect
Galaxy Bear Galaxy Bear
KrisKun KrisKun
R Rock And Roll Boy
Skaggon Skaggon
NineTimes NineTimes
Hollycrest Hollycrest
DigitalEcho DigitalEcho
PolkaBat PolkaBat
Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Mark had entered quietly, having deposited his gear unceremoniously into his dorm, just in time to see the teacher blast this rock apart. An impressive feat to be sure, Mark would have had to pummel the rock all over in order to destroy it so completely.

His, normally serene, countenance had shifted and taken on a look of concern. Not five minutes here and already the scent of violence was in the air. He had a lot of questions for these people. Who did this bureau answer to, who funded it, what were it's goals, and precisely what did they intend to teach here? The priests had explained to him that there was a kind of membership available, that entry into this organization was a possibility, but was that a desirable end? It remained to be seen.

Mark regarded the other youths as they assembled and all sense of levity left him, he couldn't help but wonder if he would recall this first moment seeing them at some later date. He wondered what meaning he would ascribe to it and what feeling it would evoke in him. He looked at their faces caught between one emotion or another, what were their names, their strengths, their stories?

Mark strode forward, and took a place front and center with a clear view of the instructor.

Roseus watched as Zekron smashed a rock with his powers. They walked over and stood for a few seconds between the foliage and sat down. They crossed their arms and watched the others.

Seraphina(Minerva): I did not want to go to the arena at all but I was short on time and wanted to stay with the group. I wanted to get to know the others better and seeing their powers in action would be cool though I would rather just explore the academy. When Kyros sits down, I wonder if he feels the same way about me and wanted to just explore. I listen to Daizo talk about his family being another fighting group and it was strange to think about that. He had the chance to develop his powers and not hide, I hated to admit to it, but I was kind of jealous. I had been hiding my power my entire life and barely had the chance to practice it. Often times I had stayed out late when I shouldn't have and claimed I was at a friends house when really I was outside practicing my power with no one else around me. I try to put down my envy, after all, this was a new life for me, and maybe I could actually do something with my power now. I never heard of the family that Akira was talking about either, had she also been able to practice her powers?

Upon arriving at the arena, I was impress, and let out a low whistle. This place was huge, seeing how big the place was, made me want to simply run around it. Even though I wasn't that fast, open spaces made like this made me want to explore every inch of it. I watch as Zekron puts a ball of light into a boulder and shattering the rock into pieces. I had to say I was impressed about that too but that doesn't mean that I trusted him or any of the teachers. They were more powerful than us, even if we all fought together, they could easily overtake us. This thought scared me, more than I wanted to admit to myself, they could kill us easily. Even though it was irrational, I was afraid of being betrayed and killed on this island. That's why I didn't trust any of the teachers, at least with the students, I had a chance at beating them. Maybe Zorka wanted to explore the island with me when it got dark. He didn't trust anyone and we seemed to at least have similar thoughts with the teachers. This alliance could be a really good thing. I don't say anything though, waiting to see if Zekron would call us over or even notice us. I look over to the new guy as he comes into view. There were a lot more students here than I previously thought and this also made me nervous.

KrisKun KrisKun NineTimes NineTimes The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect SRUNewman SRUNewman DramonFire DramonFire R Rock And Roll Boy DigitalEcho DigitalEcho

(If my post is to no one specific, I'll just tag whoever is like in the same area)

"Yeah that's them" Daizo was happy that his family were in some way known. He made it to the arena and was amazed by the size of it. Then he say the professor destroy a boulder with no effort.

As he sat down, Kyros noticed a man in the middle of the gigantic arena. He watched intently on what he was doing and was amazed at him obliterating the rock with such a small energy blast. The concentration of power within that ball must've been great. This man no doubt worked for the school itself. Judging by his destructive power and built up physique, he concluded that the man is most likely the combat instructor or trainer. Kyros leaned back and chuckled a bit. He wondered how exactly they were going to train him. It is clear that they want their students to achieve their maximum potential in terms of power. But that is very hard when the student in question has none. Kyros started to wonder why he was invited to this school in the first place. The only reason he could find was because of his family. And the thought of his family, father and brothers, sickened him. And being defined by the family name that he has which belongs to the very people who betrayed him from the beginning, soured his mood even more. Kyros pulled out his mobile phone and started to play Tetris on it to distract his mind further.

Lucius watched as Zekron blew the rock to almost nothing. He raised his eyebrows in amazement. Lucius wanted to speak up, maybe even show off, so he thought about what he would do if he decided to one-up him. With nothing coming to mind, he took out his notepad and wrote down what Zekron had done. Impressive. Lucius watched intently at what the man would do next, for he was wanting nothing more than to show off a little bit.

Phanesia let out an obvious "Oooh" as she saw the rock be destroyed. She elbowed Lucius in the side slightly. "Wasn't that amazing?" Though Lucius was too distracted by his notepad to notice. As Phanesia finished speaking to Lucius, she turned around waiting for Zekron to further his performance.

Leonard loved the beauty of the colosseum. He enjoyed the detail laid into each brick. His mind was blown then he saw the bolder being destroyed. The sheer destructuve power was amazing. "So um what now?" He asked out loud.

Finch and North walked into the colosseum and looked around.
"You'd think that this would be a colossal waste of money and resources..." North stated bluntly. Finch, on the other hand, shook his head.
"You've gotta be joking, this is awesome!"

(Open)

Oakley had only woken up a few minutes ago and was making her way into the area which she only knew as the Arena. She was rushing and managed to bump into people as she went. She was holding onto an armful of apples and munching her way through them absent minded like. She looked around, seeing everyone else. They all looked quite different from each other, which was interesting. Her tail, which was curled up nicely behind her and calmly before suddenly started to be come agitated and began flailing around wildly. Not that Oakley noticed since she was still focused on her apples. It was not until she heard an angry "HEY!" that she turned to realize that her tail had managed to coil around somebody's neck and was tugging. Oakley yelped and tried to regain control of the mad appendage, but it didnt seem to work. Reluctantly, she dropped her apples to grab the tail. "Sorrysorrysorry!" She yelped as she tried to pull it free from the guy's neck.
(open for interaction)

Zekron frowned as his arm shot up towared the tailed student, in less than a second another ball of light formed, energy gathered and not a second later a beam of pure light shot toward her. The energy beam missed her by a couple of centimeters, she could definitely feel the warmth and raw power of the blast while still escaping unharmed. The light beam blasted through the walls like they were nothing, leaving melted material and a large hole behind. Zekron spoke "I advise you to let loose that man. My next shot will not miss." his voice commanding and stern. "I give every student 3 rules:
Rule number 1: There will be no fighting outside of the arena and without my permission!
Rule number 2: I do not want to see anyone attacking or threatening any staff, for any reason!
Rule number 3: Both parties have to consent the fight. No blackmailing or forcing others to fight!
Anyone not obeying those rules will have to answer to me."

In his hand another ball of light began charging "What will it be, girl?"

Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Akira watched in horror as the man threatened the young girl. Zokra smirked slightly 'Interesting... Threatening students eh? Seems like my initial feelings about these teachers was not without reason.'

R Rock And Roll Boy
Galaxy Bear Galaxy Bear
KrisKun KrisKun
Skaggon Skaggon
NineTimes NineTimes
Hollycrest Hollycrest
DigitalEcho DigitalEcho
PolkaBat PolkaBat

Kyros was starting to get a little into the game he was playing when he started to notice that a lot more people were coming in. It seemed like people outside of the group that he came with decided to visit the arena as well. Who could blame them? The entire place was magnificent and impressively built. His attention was caught by all the people entering. He eventually lost the game he was playing on his phone but he did not care much at that point. He was just watching as people came in and all reacted to the amazing room they were in. He watched as a boy and a girl walked into the room. The boy looked relatively normal. If anything he looked like Kyros himself. The only differences were that Kyros himself had longer hair, a red and a blue eye, and was slightly shorter. The resemblance intrigued him for a moment. But he figured that with the amount of people in the world, there is bound to be a hundred people looking identical to him. He then noticed the girl that came with him. She had long white hair and looked like the other girl with long white hair. He then saw a girl come in with a bunch of apples. He wondered what was special about her until he saw her tail. It was long, a little fuzzy, and brown. It was no doubt a longer version of the tail of a Lar Gibbon, an endangered species of monkey.

An animal.

Kyros himself had bad history with animals and generally hated them and their absentmindedness. He disliked how they were nothing but idiotic biological machines with the only purpose of passing on their genes in their mind. All this hate was indeed caused by a couple of terrible encounters against dogs and other animals as a child which made a long lasting impression of animals on him. The girl herself was busy eating the apples. But the tail itself seemed to have a mind of its own. Kyros then watched as it slowly wrapped around some random guy's neck and started to choke him. He chuckled a little bit. But was interested in the reason as to why she did this as she apologised right after. Must've been inability to fully control her powers...of having a monkey tail. He watched as she dropped the apples. One of them rolled to Kyros. He then put his phone in his pocket and picked the apple up.

The pure beam of light shot past the girl at a blinding speed. Kyros was a little surprised at first, but then understood that this was his way of asserting himself as the authority. He no doubt missed on purpose. But the blast was close nevertheless. The accuracy of the blast greatly impressed him. He then started to bark some more rules out and continued to threatened the girl. This no doubt amused him. He smiled just a little bit, but not too much so as to garner any attention. He then watched in anticipation as to what would happen next.

(Open)

Last edited:
Oakley and he man were still trying to unwrap her tail from around his neck with not much success. After a struggle she was able to free the man from her tail's grip and pull it away but just as she did, she jumped as a sudden burst of energy raced past her, she felt the heat against her skin. She jumped as a man suddenly started shouting at her which made the girl shake slightly, gripping onto her tail anxiously as it flopped about in her grip, trying to get out of her hands. "N-No! I-I-I wasn't trying to fight! It just grabbed him!" She stammered, looking at the man who was still watching the tail as if it was going to attack again. "I don't have much control over-ack!" While she was talking her tail had managed to get loose and was now trying to ram an apple in her mouth. She could see everyone watching at this point but her orange eyes kept on the man, hoping he wasn't going to blast her into smithereens! It wasn't even lunch yet and she was already in trouble. DramonFire DramonFire

Roseus, stood up, watching as the teacher aimed at the student. His heart began to beat faster and static filled his head. The he began to run towards her and pushed the new girl far out of the way. "Sorry about that!" He said apologizing to the girl. The static cleared and he turned to face the teacher. "What the hell is wrong with you?! You could have killed her!!" He shouted at the teacher.

Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

DramonFire DramonFire

Last edited:
Kyros was confused by what Roseus just did. It was obvious that the man was not going to fire at her again. All logic pointed towards him not damaging her in anyway. But this guy just pushed her out of the way like a complete moron. He was not sure why he did it. Was it because he had a crush on the monkey girl? Was it because he wanted to seem like a heroic "good guy" to the rest of us? Or was it because he was just an idiot who actually was those thing? Whatever it was, the action of his was not regarded well by Kyros. Firstly, because this matter had absolutely nothing to do with him and there is nothing for him to gain from entering it. And secondly, because he delayed the judgement of the person in authority. He basically got in the way and acted as nothing more than an obstacle. He sighed and awaited their punishment with anticipation.

Last edited:
Daizo was so caught up in how the arena looked that he didn't even notice the monkey girl come in until her tail was around some guys neck "What the hell is up with this girl." He thought. "She's going to kill someone." After watching he struggle a bit he goes over to try and help but is cut short when a ball of light shoots up at them and almost hits the girl. Daizo looks to the Professor. "Holy shit man, you could have killed someone!" he yells.

Finch glanced at North. "Well? You wanna fight me or what?"

North raised an eyebrow. "You're fully aware that I'd kick your ass, aren't you? You barely know how to use your powers."

"I'm aware that I could hold my own."

"Doubtful."

Finch smirked. "Come on. At least give me a shot."

"I don't want you to blame me when you end up in the infirmary."

Suddenly, North was blasted backwards by a massive gust of wind. She flew from the spectator stands, straight past everyone who was crowded around Oakley and Zekron, and hit the ground, rolling back to her feet and attempting to regain her composure.

Finch, who had conjured the gust of wind, flashed a dry smile. "Whoops."

DramonFire DramonFire
SRUNewman SRUNewman
NineTimes NineTimes
Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

It had been said that a man lacking in virtue obeyed the law out of fear, while another, better, sort of man would obey the law out of principle - assuming it were just.

This show of force was revealing as to what sort of people the students must be in the eyes of the instructor.

For all his bumbling, Mark couldn't help but be impressed with the reflexive nobility of the oddly dressed clown who had interceded.

Mark saw no danger in this display of bravado but was somewhat startled to see a girl suddenly launched across the arena by a forceful gale. It seemed that with the offer of consensual combat on the table a number of students were apt to take it up. He considered it likely that there'd be a few trips to the infirmary in the near future. This was hardly dignified behavior.

He jumped down into the arena and approached the giant combat tutor.

DramonFire DramonFire "Good day sir, my name is Mark."

The ball of light flickered before disappearing "Let this be a warning to every single one of you new students." He got a good look at each of the students as he continued "We are not your parents, nor are we normal teachers. Our duty here is to uphold our given rules and make sure each and every one of you leaves the academy as a better person. One who can use their experiences and knowledge you picked up here in your everyday lives." He turned toward Daizo, then to Roseus and the girl "If I wanted to kill her, I would've done so. I was merely proving my point that I take matters like this seriously." When Mark approached him, he raised an eyebrow, and even though he was personally spoken to, he continued his speech "My name is Zekron Taylor. I'm 46years old. I have a history with the SDB under the codename 'Lightbringer'. The experiences I got there I will implement here. I Now, are there any questions?"

Zokra's eyes widened as he heard Zekron's small introduction "If he is who he says he is, then I advise you guys not to provoke him." His face turned into a small grin, possibly out of excitement "This guy has more kills on his record than there are hairs on my head. I've heard that he held back an elemental titan on his own, and those things are massive"
Akira's head tilted as she looked at Zokra 'He looks like he knows more!'

Azerothii Azerothii
R Rock And Roll Boy
Galaxy Bear Galaxy Bear
Skaggon Skaggon
NineTimes NineTimes
Hollycrest Hollycrest
DigitalEcho DigitalEcho
PolkaBat PolkaBat
Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

"Hey, big guy!" This was Lucius chance to show off. "You think you're hot stuff, how bout takin' on all of us? Right here right now!" Lucius knew that this act would catch the others off guard, but this was who he was, and he loved showing off.

"Okay, whatever you say." Finch dismissed Zekron's words, not because he wasn't impressed, but because he hadn't listened to very much of it. North, on the other hand, listened to every word. However, she was too busy staring at Finch to produce any sort of reaction to the words.
"Okay. Consider me provoked." She responded by creating two icicles in midair and hurling them at Finch. He dodged the first easily, but the second shaved off a few of his hairs. He returned fire with wind blasts as the two silently engaged in heated combat around the whole group.
(Open)

DramonFire DramonFire
KrisKun KrisKun
DigitalEcho DigitalEcho
@Pretty much everyone else

Zokra frowned at Lucius' remark. "Do not bunch me together with you, I did not come here to fight." Akira quickly joined in "I'm sorry Lucius but I don't really think that is a good idea..." Zekron smirked, ignoring the two fighting students, instead, he focused on Lucius. "By all means, go ahead. I have nothing to prove against any of you here. My word should be enough. As for you two..." his hand raised as another ball of light formed. Out of the ball flew two arms constructed out of light. They grabbed the brawling students, and pulled them toward Zekron, until they were a few meters away "I thought I was clear. If you guys want to fight, by all means, go ahead, but ask me first. I will not allow any unregulated fighting to go on."

Azerothii Azerothii
R Rock And Roll Boy
Galaxy Bear Galaxy Bear
Skaggon Skaggon
NineTimes NineTimes
Hollycrest Hollycrest
DigitalEcho DigitalEcho
PolkaBat PolkaBat
Rumble Fish Rumble Fish
KrisKun KrisKun

Last edited: