• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The School for the Supernaturally Gifted. (Open + always accepting)

DramonFire

Confidence is Everything
[OOC thread: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/ooc-the-school-for-the-supernaturally-gifted.353625/]
[Character thread: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/cs-the-school-of-the-supernaturally-gifted.353628/]

-- PLEASE SIGN UP FIRST AT THE CHARACTER THREAD BEFORE POSTING, THANK YOU :) --

Main Rules:
1. No OP characters, every character must be beatable if the need arrives, also keep in mind that the characters that will attend the school will not have access to their full potential.

2. The story is fairly loose, I will control the main flow, however side stories and arcs are allowed. If you have an idea you'd like me to implement, PM me. More often than not I will incorporate your ideas :)

3. If you plan on leaving for a while, make sure to notify everyone. If you have not notified and don't post within 5 days I will take control of your character until you return. This is to prevent the posting coming to a halt in the long run.

4. Multiple characters are allowed, however, each needs a sign up in the character thread. Also, make sure that everybody can distinguish every character you create.

5. Don't be afraid to show your character's weaknesses once and a while. Sometimes the most useless characters are the most interesting. However what I care about most is you all having fun, so go out, and RP to your heart's content!

6. If you're new to the RP, don't be afraid to sign up, the OOC thread will have a post where the whole story is summarized. That way, everyone can hop in anytime!

Main plot:

Settler's School of the Supernaturally Gifted, this rings a bell as you start reading the letter you received in the mail this morning.

To all who receive this invitation, Welcome!

You have been invited into Settler's School of the Supernaturally Gifted.
As you may or may not know, our school strives for the teachings in all things supernatural,
whether it be controlling your own powers, studying the different realms of existence, researching about the gods that rule over our world, and much, much more!
Upon signup, all tuition fees will be covered by our school, this way, you will not be dragged into financial debt.

You may be wondering if there are any other benefits, well yes, there are.
During graduation, the top of the class will be selected to join the Supernatural Defence Bureau (SDB)
This is a great opportunity to learn about our world.

If you accept this invitation, meet at the docks at 2:40 PM, a small helicarrier will come pick up you and the other selected candidates.

Sincerily, Dr. Estev Settler, Head of The School of the Supernaturally Gifted!

You make up your mind and decide to go to the school, who knows what wonders will await you there?

THE STORY SO FAR... [UPDATE 1]
As the time for the first helicarrier approaches, people begin gathering near the docks.
Zokra arrived first, Daizo and Seraphina arriving a short while later. As Lucius and Akira came around,
everyone started to get to know each other. Daizo, Seraphina and Akira were chatting together quickly, while Lucius and Zokra preferred to stay out of the spotlight.
Princess Phanesia, who was covered in mud and Leonard were the last to arrive from the first batch of invited students. The white haired Akira then noticed the helicarrier arriving.

Last edited:
'Invited personally to the SSNG huh?' Zokra thought as he scoffed at the thought, this all felt a little weird to him. 'What the hell is up with that weird appointment time?' He went and sat on a bench, admiring the ocean, the calm waves producing a relaxing sound. 'I hope this calmness stays this way. However, I have a feeling that will change. Especially as more people come to get picked up...' he sighed.

Quickly, jumping from one room to the other, the white haired girl got dressed. In a split second, she brushed her teeth and combed her hair. Before flying out she quickly grabbed a small biscuit. Gasping and wheezing, Akira finally got out of her house 'Oh geez I'll never be able to make it there on time'. Hurrying along she jumped on her bike, falling off in the process. Angrily she mumbled to herself "Come oooon, now is not the time to mess around, I just gotta make it there in time!"

[OOC: thoughts are displayed in italic; Zokra is blue and Akira is pink.]

Last edited:
Daizo walks on to the docks waiting for others to arrive and for the helicarrier to pick him and whoever else is coming. "Let's hope I can get this worked out here. Any more time with them would be hell on earth." He exclaims to himself. He sits down on the dock and looks at the water noticing fish swimming around. "This would be a pretty decent fishing spot, too bad I don't have my pole." He sighs wondering what this new chapter in his life will bring about.

The black haired sorcerer opened an eye as he saw a man settling down on the docks 'Interesting, could this man be an accompanying student?' he thought. 'Just how many would there come? I cannot let my guard down. Whichever way I look at it, these will be no ordinary people... good thing I prepared 3 tablets on the way here.' After taking a good look at the man, Zokra laid back again 'But those are worries for later, I should wait until that helicarrier comes.'

After a bit of waiting, Daizo becomes extremely bored. He stands up and walks off the dock. He gets into a prepared position. "Conforta me et potentia!!!" Daizo yells. From underneath him a black spell circle appears.
eb8326c905598c35a8050639353acc92--anime-manga-tribute.jpg
From the circle, a beam of black light shots up and hits his arm and from it a gauntlet appears another shoots up and hits his shoulder and a shoulder plate appears and keeps concentrating trying to summon more of the armor but soon he tires out and stops the circle disappears and he is still wearing the two pieces of armor. "Shit!!" He yells in anger. "This is ridiculous."

Zokra's eyes shoot open as he hears a metallic sound in his vicinity, followed by a man shouting. A tablet slides quickly out of his sleeve as he frowns 'What the hell is this guy thinking?' he thinks as his hand grips the runic tablet, the tablet facing away from the mysterious bystander. 'That was a rune, however, his magic does not conform with my understanding of the art.' As he observes the man, he notes that in terms of physical strength, he stands little chance despite his athletic physique. 'That rune must have summoned those armor pieces, a summoner perhaps?' His crimson jacket flows with the wind as he stands up and speaks "What's your deal, pal?" his eyes cold yet interested, his voice stern and annoyed.

SRUNewman SRUNewman

Daizo is startled at the sudden voice, he hadn't noticed anyone around when he got here. "Oh, I got bored waiting so I thought I could train a bit. Sorry for startling you." He says with a chuckle. "So are you a student too?" He hopes because he isn't supposed to be seen by regs using his power. "Please be gifted! Please be gifted!"

Seraphina: I was so annoyed when I get the notification to meet at the docks. I hate the ocean and hopefully this new place would be in the mountains or even the countryside. If this place was for people like her, there would be a lot of unique powers, and probably need open space, right? I could only hope this would be the case. My family had no idea about my hidden superpower and I wasn't about to tell them about it, not even now. So I explained how I was studying abroad and they were happy enough with that explanation. I wave goodbye to my parents and there was a taxi waiting for me. I had my bags in hand as I head into the taxi. I couldn't wait to get out of here. The drive was slow but I didn't mean, it was time to say goodbye to this town, at least that's what I thought. Finally we arrive at the docks and I pay the taxi man before stepping out. There was a man with strange armor and someone else next to him. Who the heck wears armor nowadays? I guess I would have to find out. I go over to them, not hesitating a bit. "Has the helicarrier arrived yet?" I ask without bothering to look around, interrupting them slightly. I automatically assumed we were going to the same place, who else would be at the docks at this awkward time?

A new person appears 'Great, more people...' Zokra sighed, his head not budging from the armored man "I suppose so." He answers, the same coldness persisting in his tone. "I advise you to stop using your gift out in the open. It could be bothersome if people saw you. As for you girl, it has not. We've been waiting here for a few minutes." His hand gripped the tablet tight as he began thinking 'Maybe coming out here was a mistake.' A small breeze caused his jacket to flap and his hair to sway, his face, however, did not change in the slightest. Suddenly a loud crash could be heard as Zokra turned his head, "Great..."

The sound came from Akira, who had crashed into a pole with her bike "MAAADE IT!!!" She shouted, her forehead red from the impact. She sighed out of relief as she turned toward the group "Hello fellow students! I hope I didn't startle you guys too much" she said as she scratched her head giggling.

SRUNewman SRUNewman
Galaxy Bear Galaxy Bear

The clock said 2:20. Lucius didn't care about the appointment that much, he'd rather stay home with his mom anyway and help her out. "Well mom, I'll be going. Just call me if you wanna talk." He loved his mother more than anything and was scared to leave her alone. After they exchanged goodbyes, Lucius was out the door with his things and was hopping on his bike, beginning the ride to the dock. It wasn't a long ride. Couldn't have been more than 10 minutes. His face was cold as he chained his bike a block away from the destination and finished his travel by walking. Upon arriving, he noticed a girl running into a pole. "What a dimwit." Lucius wasn't having high hopes for this change of lifestyle, but his mother thought it would be best. "I'm doing this for you mom." Lucius pulled out his phone and put in his headphones, hoping the others waiting at the dock wouldn't speak to him. He walked up to the pole where the girl had hit her head and leaned on it, trying to avoid the others. He had noticed they were speaking, but decided to leave them be, he didn't care what they were talking about anyway.

Daizo unsummons his armor. "No, just almost killed us." He chuckles. He notices the guy leaning against the pole. "Well, this is becoming a party. I wonder what everyone's powers are." He looks back at the first guy "So whats your name?"

Seraphina: I notice the coldness of the one guy towards the guy with the weird armor on and I roll my eyes. I notice someone else coming up, besides the girl crashing her bike into a pole. He seemed like he didn't want to be bothered since he head headphones on. It's rude of him to just ignore everyone else like that, especially if we are going to be together, I think to myself. But if he was going to ignore us, I would just do the same. I don't put time into people if others aren't willing to do the same to me. "I'm Seraphina, but I prefer to go by my middle name, Minerva," I explain to the guy with the armor and I look back over to the girl who crashed into the pole. "If you're alright, come over and join us," I shout to the girl and wait to see her response. At least the other man was talking to us even if he was a bit cold too.

Last edited:
Zokra narrowed his eyes "It's common courtesy to introduce yourself before asking someone's name." He replied coldly. "The name's Zokra." He didn't like being in the center of attention, however, there was no way of helping it at this moment. "You there! New guy!" His head unmoving from the man he first talked to "Are you one of the invited as well?" He wasn't really used to talking to someone who was cold like him, heck, this dude might be even more so! "If you're not a student I suggest you leave, this ain't the place for regular people at this time." he said with a frigid tone.

Akira smiled and shouted back "Everything is okay!" she said as she went over to the girl, after locking her bike, of course. She held out her hand and smiled "I'm Akira, nice to meet ya!" she giggled 'What a bunch of weird people. Not that I mind of course, at least I'll fit in here' she thought to herself.'

Galaxy Bear Galaxy Bear SRUNewman SRUNewman KrisKun KrisKun

Daizo is slightly put off of Zokra's coldness. "My... My name is Daizo. It's a pleasure to meet you." He says cheerfully "Even if this guy is going to be stone cold doesn't mean ill stupe to his level." he thinks to himself. Daizo looks at Seraphina. "Well, it is very nice to meet you, Minerva." He looks around. "So anyone have any interesting powers?"

Last edited:
Seraphina: Zorka was more aggravating than I thought and I only just met him a few minutes ago. "Who is actually at the docks at this time? Of course he's one of us, I'm pretty sure we all got the notification to meet at 2:40. Don't be such a stickler," I say sarcastically and begin to walk away from him and the other man. I was glad to talk to Daizo and Akira at the moment. "I've noticed your strange armor, I can tell that it's part of your powers. Come with me, I'll show you what I can do," I say to Daizo and Akira rather excitedly since I liked to show off my skills in general. But this was new to me, I have never showed anyone my powers before, and I could finally do so. I walk to the edge of the deck, hoping that the people I singled out would follow me. I grab a cup out of my bag and fill it up with water. I could fee the energy and the molecules so I slow down the molecules tremendously and turn around, showing them what I've done. The water was now frozen in ice. "That's not all.." The molecules were sluggish but I speed them up, more than the water, until the cup was hot to touch, but I was used to the heat. The water was boiling and dissipating into steam.

Zokra scoffed "You'll see my powers once we're at the academy. It's not wise to practice them so out in the open anyway." His posture changed as he slid his tablet back into his sleeves. Zokra sat down again as he observed this 'seraphina'. 'Does she control temperature? Or water?' he thought 'Seems like the variety of gifts around here is broad.' Akira frowned at the bitter guy with his red blazer "Why are you acting like that? It's an important day today! Don't you want to meet new friends?" She waited for a few seconds, but Zokra did not look interested in her at the slightest. Annoyed she stuck out her tongue and turned toward the tall girl, Rose. "Whoah, that's pretty cool!" She exclaimed "My turn!" she held out her hand and wiggled her fingers. Sharp bones began protruding out of her hand, until they were a few inches long. "I can control my bones and skin." the tips of the bones turned a metallic color "Even the molecular makeup of them I can control, however I do need to take in a lot of iron if I want these tips to be fully made of metal... And I can't really change my skin too much just yet..."
Zokra watched the group talk to each other, every once and a while he'd turn to the guy at the side 'He seems like he's up to something... And what's with that girl's powers? Bone growth? Matter manipulation?'

Galaxy Bear Galaxy Bear
SRUNewman SRUNewman
KrisKun KrisKun

Lucius, to them, wasn't doing much. He was just sitting there staring at this group of people having fun. He was glad that he could witness people enjoying themselves, enough that he gave a little smile to the crowd he was staring at. Though he was enjoying the sight of happiness, he was also analyzing every single one of their powers, trying to get a feel for them. He knew that what he was doing was rude, but he didn't want to talk to these people just yet. Instead, he sat down on the concrete below him, back supported by the pole he was leaning on. He knew that eventually one of them would try speaking to him, he was just hoping they weren't annoying.

Daizo watches in awe at Minerva's power. "That's really impressive! So you control the elements?" He looks over at Akira when he hears it her talking about her powers. as he looks over he sees her bones poke out of her hand then turn to metal. "That's pretty cool so what you can control your bones?" Daizo is pretty excited about going to this academy. He's also happy it seems he made new friends pretty quickly.

Seraphina: I watch in amazement as Akira shows off her powers and I slow down the molecules of the water, I could only stand to take so much heat from it anyway. "Wow.." I breathed, finding her power mesmerizing. I ignored Zorku when he said about not showing off our powers in public. Who is he to tell me what to do anyway? I was disappointed when Zorku never responded back to Akira and look over to the one that never introduced himself yet. Oh well, if he wanted to be a loner, that was his choice. "Elements? No, not exactly..I can manipulate matter. I can change solids into liquids, liquids into gas, etc. Water is just the easiest and most convenient to change matters to," I explain to answer his question. With narrowed eyes, I cross my arms, and walk over to Lucius and Zorka. "What about you? What's your powers?" I ask coldly, already done trying to be nice.

Lucius didn't blame this person for being curious, he was curious about them too. "If you really wanna know..." Lucius grabbed a rock off the ground and grabbed the chapstick that was in his pocket. He gave the rock the jelly like properties of the chapstick. He wouldn't tell him his powers because explaining things annoyed him. "Figure it out on your own." Lucius tossed the rock to the girl, awaiting her reaction to when she catches the rock, that would pretty much melt in her hand like putty.

Zokra sighs "Seems like you'll continue to bug me until I show you..." The runic sorcerer stands up as one of his tablets slipped out of his jacket, he laid it down on the ground and put his hands together "Haaaaaa..." He shouted as his jacket fluttered around, along with his hair. The rune that was etched on the ground began to glow a fiery red colour as a small jet of fire shot out of the tablet. Akira shot up as she saw the flames rise from the tablet "Whoa!" After a few seconds, the stream stopped, and the tabled crumpled to ash. The white haired girl then answered the question "Yes indeed" as the bones retracted back into her hand "though I'd love to have more control over my ability!" she smiled at the guy. "I have the ability to cast runic spells." Zokra said, watching what the blond haired loner's plan was with that rock. His hands slowly came back to his side 'It's a shame that I have to concentrate that much on activating the spell, I should be able to cast them one handed by now... What's holding me back?' he thought to himself.

KrisKun KrisKun
Galaxy Bear Galaxy Bear
SRUNewman SRUNewman

Seraphina: I watch as he takes out the chapstick and picks up a rock before tossing me the rock. I was skeptical at first, it seemed like he did nothing to them, until I caught the rock. It was soft and I look at it strangely. "Hmm..interesting," I toss the rock back at him. His powers almost reminded me of my own. I could change the state of matter but he could change the properties of matter, at least that is what it seemed like to me. I wonder if he could do so with living organisms, if it would even be possible to do it. "You got a name or do you brood in silence all day?" I ask him sarcastically, seeing if I could get another answer out of him. I re-cross my arms, still quite annoyed, especially when Zorku said that I would keep bugging him until he did so. Which wasn't true, if people say no once, I don't ask again, I hated when people did that myself. Though Zorku's powers were interesting as well. "It seems that our powers are very different. And don't worry about controlling your power, Akira. I think we are all here to learn more about our powers. I'm sure in time you will be taught how to control it better as well as all of us should become stronger. I hope the helicarrier arrives soon though." I sit down on the ground, now that I knew everyone's basic powers, I felt better and was more satisfied. It made me have a better understanding of these people. For now, I would be friendly to them, as friendly as I could. I wasn't sure what this school contained exactly but if it meant that only one could be on top and advance to the next step, I would make sure it would be me. I would make sure to crush them all, if it came down to it. Hopefully it did not, I genuinely like people as long as they don't get into my way. I play with my cup of water as I think, changing its states of matter.

"The name's Lucius" Lucius stood up to be polite. Lucius didn't like people, he knew that by heart, but he wasn't an ass either. "Please excuse my rudeness from earlier." He stood up and looked around at everyone and took out his headphones completely. "I apologize to all of you." Even though these people didn't amuse him at all, he wanted to seem like an ally. These people had powers to kill, and he seemed to be the weakest one there. Lucius looked at his phone. The time said 2:40. "The helicarrier should be here soon." He announced this to hopefully get the attention off of him. Though he felt like he attracted more my showing his power.

"I guess mine might be obvious to anyone who saw it. I can summon a suit of armor." He hesitates a bit when about to say what the armor does. "... It buffs up my strength and stamina and lets me control some simple magic." He says proudly. "Man I hope the helicarrier gets here soon, I want to see what everyone's power looks like in action." He thinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back