• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legacies: World at War - In Character

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
CODE BY SEROBLISS
Nick Theramore

I have to admit, I was a bit flabbergasted by Mika's reaction speed. He quickly dodged the fireball which dispersed after it went past him, barely stopping before the crowd. Alright, so he was fast. But there wasn't too much space here in the arena so, I just need to corner him. I lift my hand for another attack but in the blink of an eye, he was above me and he swung his sword downwards into the ground. Lightning exploded from the point of contact and a part of it struck me in my side. It stung like hell. I felt as if I had taken one of Zeus's lightning bolts to my body.

Carefully regaining me balance, I look back over to Mika, who had taken some sort of ridiculous looking stance. I chuckled a bit. What was posing supposed to do? It was so funny, that I pretended to have a blade in my hand and copied him.

"What the hell are you doing, man?" I say with a light chuckle. "You look like an idio-"

Before I can finish my totally awesome insult (cap), Mika dashes at, and this time something different happens. Water trails from his sheathed blade. He isn't just a lightning type? I heard people can master many elements but, I didn't expect to encounter someone like this now. I'll just standby and see what he does.

Interactions: Kumii Kumii

MikaLocation: The Arena
Interactions: SharkBark SharkBark
Current Weather: None
Fighting

Mika could see Nick wasn't going fall for his trap, shame, the guy is cocky as shit. He gave up his attack and hopped backwards to create distance between them, "I'm surprised. You're not all talk." Mika stared at Nick. Mika then closed his eyes and began concentrating but kept talking to Nick, "By the look I saw on your face, you seemed shocked. My girl- er, my friend calls me the Master of Elements." As Mika talked to Nick, the temperature began to drop all around the arena but Mika seemed unaffected. After a minute, Mika opened his eyes but continued concentrating, "I wonder what you will do, how well can you fight in the cold? I wonder if your fire can save you here." Mika essentially taunted Nick to attack him.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Nick Theramore

He didn't attack. I though he'd hit me with some water based move but, he moved away and created distance from me.

"What's wrong?" I call out. "Contemplating your move? Was it too weak to be used?"

He responds with, "I'm surprised. You're not all talk.".

I was a little flattered, but at the same time, he was surprised. And he seemed so calm even after I sent an entire fireball at him. Next, Mika mentioned how I looked shocked when I saw his other elements and that his friends calls him, "The Master of Elements." Elements. As in, plural. So he is a multi-element user. Shit.

"What does that have to do with me? Huh?" I ask, trying to hide the fact that I was panicking a little over his statement.

Before I could get an answer, I began to feel a little cold. Wait. It was over 80 degrees a moment ago. Something isn't right. I look to Mika, who seems completely oblivious to the sudden temperature change and he says,

"I wonder what you will do, how well can you fight in the cold? I wonder if your fire can save you here."

So he's up to this. I take few steps back to analyze this. Is he emitting the cold air? Or did he place something down that's doing this. I can't let him turn the arena into somewhere where he can use his powers more freely. I let out a few flames from my hands to see how cold it is but just as I might've expected, they were weaker and my hands became watery. The icy air was already in contact with my skin so, naturally my flames will be weaker. I look up to the crowd. People watch me in anticipation to see what I'll do next. I can't look dumb out here. After all, didn't I promise you I was going to kick your beloved character's ass?

"Alright. Nice trick, "Master of Elements." I say. "But can you deal with this?"

I remove my shoes and stand on them so that my feet don't come in contact with the cold. This won't last long, but it'll work just enough for me to get some hits in. Making my next move, I leap from the shoe platform and position my body horizontally. And just before I hit the ground, flames spew from my feet and hands and propel me forward in the air. I'm approaching Mika at a quick pace so, I'll have to do this quickly.

Once I'm in Mika's range, I turn around and point my feet towards him.

"Sole Flames." I say. "Get it?"

Two trails of flames blast from my feet and quickly approach Mika. They'll be pretty weak, but enough to possibly get him off guard.

MikaLocation: The Arena
Fighting

Mika watched as Nick said various things, then Mika noticed the ice crystals. Perfect. Nick came at Mika with his 'Sole Feet' attack, Mika sighed and let the attack connect, it burnt a piece of his clothing a bit and touched skin but it was minor burns as the flames were weak. Still, it was enough force to send Mika back a little bit. As he slid back, Mika rushed at Nick and swung his sword, it was still sheathed so all it would really do was knock the wind out of him if it hit.

However, if Nick failed to realized it soon enough, the ice crystals that formed around them would start exploding one by one but quickly. It was Mika's 'Hell Froze Over' attack. The crystals themselves weren't big enough to cause any major damage but they could cause scratches and maybe a gash if he was close to one. The air around the pair would still remain cold as well, "No more puns, please. I hate them."

???Location: The Ward...

Both Rai and Skyla we're in the recovery ward after their matches, Skyla was feeling much better but not quite able to move just yet and Rai still seemed to be banged up but was otherwise completely fine. It was about this time that they both would hear clanging of what sounded armored footsteps approach the door to the ward. A black mist would begin to seep into the room and the door opened and standing in the doorway was a figure covered in black armor with a horned helmet that made them look like a demon.

The figure entered the room and put their hand out to Rai as a dark rune formed in front of their hand, "Sleep." Was the only thing the figure said, their voice was deep and a tiny bit distorted but before long both Rai and Skyla would be falling asleep. The figure approached Skyla, who too drowsy to react in any way, and picked her up, "The Master... has need... of you..." it said as the black mist swirled around them, completely enveloping them before dispersing and revealing both it and Skyla were gone along with any traces of her ever being there. The only witness was a drowsy Rai.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Nick Theramore

Let's check on Rai, eh?

In the medical ward after barely beating Victor, Rai thought about the fight.

"I almost lost because I got daring and took up his offer to fight without powers." Rai though to himself. He cringed and put his hands over his eyes. "How could I be so careless."

Rai was out of his haori and lay in the bed shirtless with his battle pants on. It was also pretty cold so, this definitely wasn't a good situation. Rai looked over to Skyla who was seeming a lot better, but still was a bit immobilized. Kinda like Rai. They had both gone against people who were able to numb their bodies and they effects of it were still coursing through their bodies.

"You good over there, Skyla?" Rai asked.

Before a conversation could start, the door opened and a silhouette of someone large with horns on their head appeared. Rai's neck hurt too much, so he didn't look to see who was there.

"So, when will I be out of here, nurse?" Rai asked. No answer though. "Hello?" he tried again. Still no answer.

Rai attempted to turn his neck a bit to see who was there but before he could get a clear view, some sort of rune appeared in front of his face and he heard the words, "Sleep". The next few moments were blurry and a bit hectic. Rai felt his body slowly shutting down and going to sleep. He lost feeling in his toes and then up to his feet. In a matter of moments, he couldn't feel his legs at all.

Still conscious and facing the intruder, Rai saw one last thing before falling into a deep sleep. The figure stood over Skyla's bed in a horrifying way. It said something to her, but Rai didn't hear it. He lost consciousness.

**Back to Nick**

My attack worked! I mean. Of course it worked. I'm Nick Theramore. Mika was sent back a little with minor burns.

"Heh, how d'ya like that?" I said.

Without answering my question...again..Mika rushed at me at and swung his sheathed sword. I wasn't exactly focused at the moment and it connected with my solar plexus and knocked the wind out of me. I gasped for air and flew back a bit and landed hard on my head. Groaning and trying to breathe properly again, I clutched my stomach in pain. Not a good look for me right now.

If things weren't already bad. I opened my eyes and saw ice crystals forming around me. And one was right about my head. I was on my back and couldn't exactly move, so if that was an attack, I'd just have to rely on my durability to get through it. It can't be so bad though. I really need to stop talking though. Because it was.

The ice crystal above me exploded into many little shards and because there was one right above me, I was hit hard. In many dangerous places, the worst being my eye. 3 of the little shards stabbed themselves into my left eye and the rest along the rest of my body. I screamed in pain and held a hand over my bleeding face. What the hell was that move? The ice shards implode? How is he so skilled?

The crowd gasped and cheered. It's like they felt bad for me but also were proud of Mika at the same time. Did they really take joy in seeing people get hurt? That itself was enough to make adrenaline flow through my veins. The pain suddenly was non existent and I stood up gritting my teeth.

"You..you son of a bitch!" I yelled at Mika. I held a hand over my left eye. "You stabbed me in my fucking eye! You're gonna pay for that!"

On my free hand, a dark aura began to form around it. Remember when I told you if I started losing I'd use my darkness? Yeah, this is that part. A black spear formed in my hand. It's tip was jagged sharp and it was a vantablack color. I'm not going to lose. Not after this.

"Just die already!" I yell as I throw the spear at Mika.

Match #4 winner - Nick Theramore
MikaLocation: The Arena then later, the Ward.

Mika watched as his attack did more damage then anticipated, "Well.. shit." He muttered, it wasn't long before Nick got up and started using Dark magic. So he was also a Dark user, this was proving more trouble then he wanted. Mika didn't have much time to react this time as the spear Nick created came flying at Mika, who barely turned his body to dodge it but it scraped his shoulder. It stung. Mika grasped his shoulder where it hit, "Damn."

Before Mika could do anything, he felt an ungodly chill run down spine and a sense of dread wash over him as his face went into pure terror and fear, what happened? Mika felt like something bad had happened but to who? Then he remembered. Skyla. Mika dropped his katana and it clanged on the floor. A heartbeat sound was heard in Mika's mind, he feared the worst has happened to Skyla so he bolted off towards the War, completely ignoring Nick.

The referee saw him run off and hesitated, "Uh... the winner is Nick Theramore?" The ref raised their hand up to signal Nick had won via the opposition forfeiting.

Meanwhile, Mika had entered the Ward, the door was already open and his worst fear came true... Skyla was gone. No trace to be seen of her, not even her sword. He saw Rai laying there, asleep. Mika wondered if Rai was sleeping when whoever it was took Skyla away. So he waited for Rai to wake up.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Rai Ikari

The spear grazed Mika's chest. That's all. Damn he's good.

"Don't think I'm done!" I yell out.

I lift both my hands in the air and dark energy forms onto them.

"Dark F-"

Mika drops his blade and runs out of the arena. I'm absolutely flabbergasted. What the hell just happened? Did he get super scared and left or did the spear do more damage than intended?

"Hey! Where are you going?"

Mika had sort of..forfeited. Which gave me the win. Don't get it twisted, I'm glad but, this doesn't really feel like a win to me. I'll have to get my eye healed up along with many other places. I look like an idiot right now.

**Rai**

When Mika rushed into the room. Rai was still fast asleep. Mika had noticed that Skyla was gone and was waiting for Rai to awake.

**A few minutes later**

Rai woke up in a daze. Everything seemed blurry and he didn't know where he was. Or better yet, what had happened. It was all foggy at this point. C'mon..try to piece all this together. You were injured in a fight, came to the ward, talked to Skyla. Wait. That's it. Skyla.

Rai sat up from the bed quickly and looked at where Skyla should've been. Now all that was there was an empty bed. Think. What had happened to her? Someone walked into the room. The nurse? Wait, no, it was someone else. But who? Then they walked over to Rai and something appeared. What was it? Fuck! He couldn't remember but, that must've been what put him to sleep.

Rai looks to his side an finally notices Mika.

"Mika!" he said. "Thank god you're here! Someone took Skyla!"

Ironshire City is now under Full Lockdown. Guard and patrols are now doubled after 9:00 pm.
MikaLocation: The Arena then later, the Ward.

Mika waited a few minutes for Rai to wake up. When he did, he was in a daze like he was trying to piece something together when he finally noticed Mika standing there.

"Mika! Someone took Skyla!" Rai exclaimed. Mika knew this already, it was obvious, "Yes, thank you captain obvious." Mika was a bit snarky in his response, "I... Sorry, I had a hunch she was gone and my worst fear was just now confirmed. Didn't mean to be snarky at you. I abandoned my match because I got a bad sense of dread." He really didn't mean it, his mind was a haze after finding out his girlfr- best friend was taken away from him, "Do you... Did you see anything?"

NiaLocation: The Arena
Interactions: AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf

Nia was watching the match, that announcement still in the back of her head. Then she saw Mika drop his weapon and run off. Nia stood up, "What the-" She looked over to Mateo, "What do you suppose that's about, Mateo?" She didn't seem to have the same level of sense that Mateo or Mika seemed to have, as did most as they watched as Mika ran out of the arena.

CyanLocation: Announcer's Booth
Interactions: AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf SharkBark SharkBark

As the match ends, someone from the recovery ward guards walks up to Cyan and whispers into his ear and debriefed Cyan on what had happened. "Another one?!" Cyan said in a whisper back before letting out a sigh, "We have no choice then." Cyan held up the mic to his mouth, "Attention please everyone. It is my biggest regret to inform you that we have to shut down the festivities indefinitely. I have just been told that a kidnapper is about and has taken a number of patients in the recovery ward. It is because of this that I am also declaring an indefinite state of Martial Law. Curfew will be 9:00 pm, it is recommended that everyone remain indoors past 9:00 pm with your doors and windows locked or boarded up. I repeat, Ironshire is now under a state of Martial Law. That is all."

Cyan put the mic down and left to go look for Kiko.

Mateo was blushing out of embarrassment and feeling his own anxiety mixed with the panic of the crowd's. That just felt wonderful for him. He had intended to keep a low profile. There was absolutely no way he was doing that now. Maybe people would just right him off as some deranged kid who had been on something. Ok, that wasn't the most faltering thing, but it was better than them guessing what his deal really was. Imagine if word of what had happened in their last stop had already gotten her. Oh gods, that would be the worst. Great, now his mind was running a million miles away from anxiety. He usually wasn't like this, more calm and collected, but it was hard when all these negative emotions were weighing on him. It threatened the worst to happen. The worst that would hurt way more rumors than worries about intruders.

"Thank you. For cheering me up, I mean." Nia had said from her seat next to him. He'd slipped into that pit again, shaking from the weight of keeping it under control. He'd almost forgotten about Nia, and about why he had shouted in the first place. He'd done it to try to help someone who was going through something similar. He doubted she had the same... trait... that he did, but she was clearly in a state of panic and he had wanted to help. If he could remember that, then maybe he could get rid of the threat. Besides, just by saying that, Nia had affectively helped him. Same with scooting next to him. It made Mateo feel like he had connection. He rarely ever had that because he was a traveler. It was nice, really nice. It brought him completely out of the pit. He felt safe around her, like how he felt around Mika and Skyla.

If only she knew who was really sitting next to her...

With that, he had tuned into the fight and tuned all the negative emotions out. He scooted closer as well. It was a completely innocent movement. He just felt comforted by her. He should've thought about how she felt, but he had been border lining on something really bad. Essentially like a panic attack, so he just needed someone. If he ever realized it, he'd probably apologize for being insensitive. But his mind had been completely on over things.

The fight had been effective in grabbing his attention and holding it. Fire, electric, water, ice, and was that a little bit of dark magic? So exciting! He was brightening up, and so was the crowd. A little tension still hung in the air, but people were starting to get trained on the fight and so was he. But just as the fight had started, it seemed like it had ended quickly turn. He was expecting Mika to kick serious ass. I mean, everyone was scared of the guy. Plus he was super badass in the fight so far. But he had turned and ran as if he was scared of something. Mateo could hear people whisper about how Mika was a coward after seeing what Nick's next attack was. He balled his fists. He wasn't an aggressive kid, but he'd grown attached to Mika. He didn't like anyone bad mouthing the guy who had protected him when he and Cora had first gotten into Ironshire. His attention was drawn away when Cyan announced people in the recovery ward had been taken, and festivities were going to be shut down. Mateo had been so distracted that he didn't immediately panic. He was sad for those patients and cursed out those who would go for the injured. As a healer, he thought that was one of the worst things ever. Nia had said something before the announcement. About Mika running off. What was that about? Well, Mika, running off, the announcement, the recovery ward.... Skyla... and Rai.

It finally clicked and a tightness closed around his heart. No. They couldn't... no. It couldn't be true. But Mika and him sensed the same thing. They sensed something was seriously wrong. He stood suddenly and then looked back at Nia. A look of panic was on his face. He needed to go. But he didn't want to leave Nia by herself. She had been panicking before too. And besides, something bad was going on. He wasn't leaving another one of his group alone somewhere. Mateo couldn't risk anything happening to another one of them, assuming his train of thought was correct. "We need to go." His voice was oddly commanding for the personality he had. But there was also a layer of terror and fear buried behind it. He really didn't want to be right. He also knew they had a short time span. Something really bad could be happening and they wouldn't be there to help. "They..." He shook his head, no time. Instead of explaining, he took hold of Nia's wrist and forced her to stand. He was well aware that she was most likely stronger than him, but he didn't care. He was just a panicked kid who wanted everyone to be safe and alright. He could feel thar threat coming back, but there were more important things. The motivation of helping his friends was enough for him to push it deep down within himself. Not right now was his mindset. He started dragging Nia through the isles throwing out excuse mes and sorries to those they disrupted. His look was of panic and determination to get down to the medical ward at all costs.

Aiko hid behind Kiko's axe kind of like she was in a game of high stakes hide and seek. It sort of reminded her when she used to play with her dad, but now it was way more scarier. There were worse things going on at the moment, but this seemed like the end of the world to the naive little kid she was. One, they'd find out she was a tanuki if they held her for a few days. Two, she wasn't immortal so a quick few stabs would do her in. Three, she'd disobeyed her dads rules about mortals and going out. Her father had warned her not to let anyone know she was a tanuki. Stay hidden. She was really sorry now. Because she had disobeyed and because she was about to die. Hopefully pretty pink haired lady would help her. She looked mortal, so hopefully she'd think she was just some random kid. Probably didn't even know she was an orphan either.

The guards came by saying Lady Kiko. Was that the pretty lady. Wait, was she affiliated with the guards? Too late. Pretty lady had lifted her axe and made Aiko fall to the ground while looking up at the guards. She looked exactly like a scared little human girl. She looked younger than twelve too. Her mental maturity wasn't even at twelve either.

The guards attempted to grab and arrest her. Seriously? Mortals arrested kids? But pretty lady, Lady Kiko to the guards, stepped in. They seemed to respect her, because they stopped arguing after she only raised a hand. She mimicked the gesture in a mocking little kid manner which seemed to upset the guards, but she put the hand down as soon as Kiko turned towards her so she didn't see. She acted all scared and innocent again, but she could see the guards were a little bit irritated by that. Good, that's what she had been going for.

Kiko had asked her if she knew stealing was bad. It wasn't bad. In fact, she loved it. After she had become an orphan, she couldn't actually pay for anything. No one decent would put a young kid to work and pay them a good amount. It was the only option, and you could say she had grown a sort of sweet tooth for it. So, she gave a furious shake of her head then fiddled with her fingers and swayed as she explained herself. "Nuh-uh. Papa said that stealing was ok when I didn't have anything... or when I was alone." Her tone took a said shift when she said the other thing. That wasn't her laying it on thick. She was actually sad, thinking about her father and how she was alone. The sight of him... just laying there. Unmoving. Red. She shook her head and looked down. If you caught a glimpse, her eyes conveyed a sense of sadness and trauma.

Then the announcement came on. All focus shifted. The guards took their annoyed gazes off of her. "My gods..." One whispered out as he heard the news of someone stealing patients from the medical ward. "What loony is out here now? I swear, it's something every damn festival. Why do I have to be assigned on watch for these things." The other said in exasperation. Of course, Aiko couldn't perceive any of this. She was far too young to fully realize what was happening. Besides, everything was in chaos. There was her opening to get away. She was glad her father had taught her to be sneaky and look for opportunities. Well, she had certainly found one.

She wasn't sure if Kiko was distracted, but she took her chance. "Bye bye pretty lady." She whispered then waved and ran off. If you watched her, there was a point where she ducked down to run on all fours. Being a tanuki, the movement seemed natural to her and she had no trouble with it despite looking human. She was on her back two a second later, remembering she wasn't in her tanuki form. Sometimes she simply just forgot. She skidded through the crowd, and her small size meant she could disappear through small gaps in chairs and people. No one was focused on her, so her escape was easy. She could hear the guards as they finally realized she had ran.

A figure sat on a building that overlooked the festival, and more importantly the arena. They had an eye for areas with great views. And, the means to get up to those heights easily. Of course they'd been sneaky about it. They weren't just going to soar into the sky, wings out. People would figure it out quickly and be looking to hang them. That's one thing that terrified them. Being bound to the ground, no way to fly up. It terrified them. Bad memories.

They watched the fights go on until it was their time to shine. It was entertaining watching mortals fight like that. They thought they were all that. Imagine going up against a spirit. They'd be absolutely done for. Having three different types of magic wouldn't save them in a real fight. They knew first hand how powerful spirits were. But, its not like they were singing the praise of spirits either. The species considered the other to be worse, but they were equally horrible. They just tolerated each since they didn't really have any place to go. They didn't like being bound to that place, they didn't like being a caged bird. So, traveling was the only other option. At least until they were run out of town for having a foot in both worlds.

Then the announcement came out. An intruder taking the injured. Vile. "I wonder if it was a spirit or a mortal..." They mumbled. "Wouldn't put it past either." They stood and stretched their whole body, including their speckled wings. "Guess I won't be getting to show those mortals how you really fight." They lamented. "And the festival is shut down too. Bumper. I always liked Ironshire for their festivals. Entering the competition was always fun, despite being with mortals. They never did realize.. even if I was run out of town one year, I could always come back. Too big to keep track of one little hybrid." They shrugged. "Really. Too bad." Unfortunately, they were used to the horrors of mortals, so the abductions really didn't faze them. They were dealing with horrible things since they were a child. It seemed more normal that it should've been to them. The horrors of the world had been normalized from a young age.

So, they just made their way across the buildings till they were close enough to hop into the stadium, covering up right before they entered. No one would see their wings. People might notice them, but not because of any reputation as a hybrid. No, they would recognize them as how they were introduced. Penelope Laveto, one of the contestants. They wouldn't know her by her real name. Azariah Arashi, hybrid between a harpy and a human.

Chapter III: The Flaming SpearWith Ironshire now in total lockdown due to the kidnapping of Skyla, Mika decides to gather information from Rai and then head out on his own. Leaving his friends to look for Skyla. A familiar face reveals itself to Skyla as she's held captive, it could be only a matter of time before she's lost forever...

KikoLocation: The Arena
Interactions: None
Mentions: AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf

Kiko looked at Aiko as she explained herself, noticing the look of sadness and trauma. It wasn't normal for a kid to be alone but it happened. Kiko couldn't say anything as the announcement came on and she took her glanced off of Aiko, "A kidnapping?" she muttered. She looked back Aiko, who wasn't there anymore, "Hey, li-" Kiko looked around and saw her guards running off after the little girl, "Hey!" SHe shouted and got the guards' attention, they all stopped and looked at her, "Really? You idiots, we have bigger fish to fry than chasing after a little thief. Let her go and follow me, you dopes." Kiko said in a commanding and annoyed tone before walking walking off, walking a total of 2 steps before appraoched by Cyan before being dragged off by him.

Nia looked at Mateo as he scooted closer, his intentions were clear enough to Nia but that was soon overtaken by a sense of urgency coming from Mateo, that paired with his commanding tone made Nia think. Not for long as she was being dragged off by Mateo, forcefully. Nia struggled to maintain her balance for a few steps but managed to get in step with Mateo, "H-Hey! Mateo, what's going on?" She shouted at him. She saw everyone starting to leave as Mateo pushed his way through the crowd, clearly a man on a mission.

She thought things over and it clicked with her as well, now she knew the panic in Mateo's voice. She remained silent and let Mateo drag her along.

LuniaLocation: Wherever Azariah is I suppose.

A tiny little fairy popped up on Azariah's head. She spluttered a bit, "Your hair is messy, you know that?" She was too small to be seen and loud enough to only be heard by Azariah, "Were you looking forward to fighting in the tournament, 'Penelope'?" She giggled at the name, "Seriously, where'd you come up with that name? I nearly died of laughter." Lunia sighed, "I'll never understand why these humans have these tournaments of fighting. Would fighting on a battlefield not be sufficient enough for them?"

Lunia turned and laid on her back, still in the messy hair of Azariah, "So, where will you go now, 'Penelope'." The name still brought a smile to Lunia's face.

??? and SkylaLocation: ???
Mentions: AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf SharkBark SharkBark

A silhouette of a person in armor with demon horns stood over the city, out of sight and watching the citizens leaving the arena. "Oh... how I wish... to join... but Master... would be upset... at me..." It was delicious to watch, "Master... will be... pleased... though..." it said before vanishing in a swirl of black smoke.

In an undisclosed location...Skyla began to wake up from her magic-induced 'sleep' to see a pair of red eyes looking at her. She tried to say something but was unable to do so as she found out she was bound to a steel pole and her mouth had a cloth in it. In her dark room, the only visible thing was a pair of red eyes looking at her, no pupils staring at her, "Ah... hello, darling." the voice was muffled but deep voice, it was a man, "You have no idea how long I was searching for you. Then I heard rumors of a great sword wielding raven haired woman. Such great fortune the 10th one happened to be you." The 'eyes' emerged from the dark and revealed a plague doctor's mask and a tall figure dressed in an all black with a large brimmed black hat, "I had to kill the other ones for being imposters." The figure removed his mask slightly to reveal one eye of his, it was a deep blue color. Skyla knew of one person from her childhood with such colored eyes and her face went into pure terror upon realizing.

"It's been far too long... hasn't it... Lady Skyla."

Last edited:
CODE BY SEROBLISS
Rai Ikari

Mika's response to Rai telling him Skyla was gone was a little harsh at first, but he quickly apologized afterwards.

"It's alright, just save your quips for later." Rai reassured him. "What happened? Uh..someone, I don't know who, came into the room and did something to me. I don't know what it was, but I ended up falling asleep. The last thing I saw was the figure standing over Skyla's bed."

Rai grimaced for a moment. He should've been more careful in the fight against Victor. If he hadn't been reckless and fought Victor without his lightning, he would've won with minor injuries and would be in good condition. And in that case, he would've been able to at least try to fend off whoever took Skyla. But no. He let Victor get to his head and now he's facing the consequences.

Try to shoo away those thoughts, Rai quickly but carefully slid off of the bed and tried to stand for a bit. His legs shook underneath him but he managed to stay up.

"C'mon, Mika." Rai said through stuttered breaths. "We'll.." Rai stumbled forward for a moment. "..find Skyla."

Rai reached past Mika and grabbed his haori from the chair. He slipped it on and tied a knot with the band around his waist. He then looked around the room for his katana. Did staff still have them or something? Rai took some shaky steps around the room and checked around each medical bed. After a bit of searching, he found his blade in a bucket along with some other weapons that resided in the room. In the bucket with his blade was a bow and arrow, something that looked like a cross between a mace and a chain, and a bastard sword. Rai considered taking one of them with him, but the thought immediately went away when he remembered he didn't know how to use any of them.

"Alright." Rai started. "I'm ready. What about you? C'mon, Mika. Don't tell me you're just gonna sit there. Let's gather the crew and go find your girlfriend." Rai said with a grin.

Azariah sighed when she first heard Lunia and felt the fairy on her head. "My hair is exactly the way I want it to be." She muttered as she managed the crowd. Everyone was pushing their way through, meaning they were getting pushed backwards. She thought it was quite rude, but there was a noticeable panic so they understood. Still, being shoved wasn't a good feeling. Ever since the incident in their childhood, people touching them gave them some anxiety. Trust was a whole other thing with her. It was hard to win her trust that was for sure. The little fairy perched on her head was a sort of friend. She never really liked the fairies, but that mostly stemmed from getting dumped off by her father. Lunia wasn't all too bad. They just didn't know how to sort their feelings. Lunia acted like a mother or big sister at times, so there was a layer of resentment. She didn't want a new family. She'd still been a kid, so that how her child mind had taken it. Still, she knew she wouldn't have made it as a hybrid if the fairies hadn't taken them in. They were grateful and all, but they still had their hang ups about the situation.

They self-consciously reached up to fix their small ponytail after the fairy's comment. She also reached to try to find where she was on her head, possibly wring the little one's neck they hadn't decided yet, but she was bumped and had her efforts thwarted. Going out of sight would be best. Maybe that's why Lunia was hiding in their "messy" hair. Meanwhile, Lunia was going on blabbing about the fight. Damn, how did she know? Had she always known she liked to enter the competition every year. Were the fairies keeping tabs on her or something? I mean, they knew they were pretty much the ones who raised her after what happened but still. Why couldn't she just be left to her own devices?

Their face turned red when she called her Penelope and giggled. "It's a human name, isn't it?" She muttered, but the fairy kept on going about the tournament and humans. They hated to admit it, but they agreed. Humans had been so quick to kill their mother. Why didn't they just fight to the death? She didn't want to admit it, but Lunia and her sort of agreed on that.

They finally made their way through the crowd and ducked into any alleyway. They weren't going to talk to Lunia when she was in her hair. She didn't want to look crazy in front of anyone, or suspicious. Still, the focus definitely wasn't on her which was good. "Damn. You're super psychotic for such a little thing, y'know that? Would you rather them spill unnecessary blood? I thought you fairies were all about peace, not people in pieces." She said once she was in the alleyway. As for Lunia's other question...

She slumped against a wall with Lunia in her hair. She tried thinking of an answer, but nothing really came to her. "Don't know. Never really did. Just didn't want restrictions on where I could go. The caged bird life never really suited me, even while in the forest." She gave a chuckle at her own joke. "Not like I'm wanted anywhere. And its not fair if I have to go around proving myself to every mortal and spirit that I meet. Can't even please one little fairy with something as simple as hair." She shrugged like it wasn't a big deal, but in truth it did get under her skin some times. "I mean, I could help, but there's no guarantee I'd ever be accepted if I did. Mortals love twisting stories in their favor, and they'd twist it to make me be the villain. Its why I create my aliases. Y'know, because I'm smart. You should try it sometimes." They gave a wry smile at their more mocking comment to Lunia. "Instead, you like to spend your time tracking me down. Seriously, how do you keep finding me out of the blue?"

Mateo didn't respond, but soon enough Nia was letting him drag her all over the place. He didn't exactly know where he was going, but ran around crowds and pushed through sections of people. Once everyone was out, he had a feeling the guards would go to medical and his chances of getting to his friends would be over. He tried to sneak around the guards but he wasn't any good at it. He was lucky they were distracted.

Finally, he saw a sign and headed that way. Sure enough, it was medical. He popped in, dragging Nia behind him. "Skyla! Rai! Mika!" He yelled out. He looked around and was relieved when he saw the guys. Then he looked panicked again and his grip around Nia's arm tightened. "W-where's..." He trailed off then looked back to the guys. "What happened? Where did she go?" He couldn't help sounding like a little kid in that instant.

MikaLocation: Leaving.
Interactions: SharkBark SharkBark AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf

Mika listened as Rai said a figure stood over her but not much else then that. Then he started getting up and getting his stuff, "No, you should continue to rest you're in no condition to fight, let alone travel right now." Mika somewhat ignored the comment about the girlfriend, "I'll go find her, she's my..." Mika looked down then turned away and walked towards the door, walking past Mateo and Nia, "I love her, if anything happened to her, well... I fear i'll lose apart of myself that she helped me get back." Mika grabbed a steel sword hanging on a rack, "I'll see you guys later. Don't follow me. Please." Mika walked out then disappeared into the crowd, not to be seen anywhere they might look.

Nia was dragged to the ward with Mika and Rai but no Skyla. She was kidnapped. Nia arm was gripped tighter, almost was painful, "Ow, Mateo, careful!" She said, pulling her arm out of Mateo's grip.

Nia looked around, "I'm sure Skyla reason the city is in lockdown now. We just gotta-" She was cut off as Mika walked off and disppeared into the crowd, "Hey! Mik- And he's gone."

LuniaLocation: Wherever Azariah is I suppose.

Lunia chuckled, "Psychotic? Me? If i'm psychotic then the Humans are deranged. When you've lived as long as I have, you see the horrors they're capable of. Next to them, I'm a saint." Azariah made a comment about her being smart, to which Lunia did not comment. Not because it was true but only because Lunia thought it was kinda funny.

Lunia made a pouting face, "It almost sounds like you don't like me. After all I was the one who raised you was I not?" Azariah made a few comments about not knowing where to go. Once they were in the alleyway, Lunia assumed her full size form and landed softly in front of Azariah, "Well wherever you decided to fly, I'll be right there with you." Lunia took slight offense at Azariah's comment about always tracking them down, "Well excuse me for wanting to know how you're doing. As for how I always know where you are, well, a lady always has her secrets doesn't she?"

6 months later...
Date: August 25th, 1337
6 months have passed since the disappearance of Mika and Skyla. Neither have revealed themself nor have any trace of them have been found, hope was beginning to be lost for both of them... until this fateful day, when one of the trio find something out and rushes to send out letters to the others asking them to meet up at a bar in Westshire...

This could finally be a big break they've been looking for...
AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf SharkBark SharkBark

All characters are allowed a small amount of growth.

Mateo had done some apologizing that day. First off to Nia, who he'd dragged off and around the seats before he could find the medical ward and who he'd squeezed. He hadn't meant to hurt her. It was just a nervous compulsion. Still, he felt the need to give her an apology. Afterwards, he'd tried to find Mika, but the crowd was nauseating to him. He was never going to find the guy in this crowd. Too many people to navigate and too many negative emotions floating in the air. He didn't want to give up, but he had returned dejectedly to the medical ward, apologizing to the two.

They'd started looking immediately afterwards, knowing they'd keep in touch with each other if someone found something. Mateo wasn't having much luck. Despite having a bakeneko friend who could fit into small gaps and overhear things, he'd heard no real clues. But Mateo had some experience with a search turning up empty. He'd never been able to find the Cabreras, or information about his own issue. He knew how frustrating it could get. And that's exactly what it was getting for him. Frustrating.

That's why he had been so happy when he'd gotten that letter. Meet up at Westshire? He could do that! It most likely meant something was found! It got him all hyper and excited as he headed to Westshire. Mika and Skyla had been so nice to him. He'd grown attached to the two and wanted them back safe. He didn't even want to think of the possibility that they were...

To put it simply, he was very excited to her from one of the group. He got to Westshire as fast as he could, which was pretty fast since he was a traveler. He knew all the best routes. And he had the best routes marked on his map. Which had led him right to his place outside the bar.

Mateo made sure Cora was snugged up in his satchel. He'd made sure to get a separate backpack for his supplies, scrolls and maps. He'd learned quickly that keeping Cora and his stuff in the same place led to disaster. Cora was extremely good at wrinkling up his parchment. Now, his satchel was for Cora exclusively. He readjusted his straps nervously and checked the letter. Yeah, this was the place. He sighed. Bars were places information got passed and could be traded, but it was also a place were you could get pounded easily. It wasn't always great.

He went inside and heard the bubbling sound of voices and the smells of alcohol. And he didn't consider alcohol to be a nice smell. It definitely didn't smell like roses that's for sure. Some people looked his direction and narrowed their eyes. He knew he looked pretty young. He might even get kicked out. A muscular guy strutted up to him. He was twice Mateo's size and looked extremely menacing to him. "I don't think this is a place for a kid to hang out. Go on back home kiddo." He waved Mateo off and began pushing him out the door with Mateo letting out a squeak in protest. "Hold on..." The muscular guy said as he stopped pushing. He went closer to Mateo, then went back up to his full height with his head almost hitting the ceiling. "This one smells of spirit and sweat!" He shouted out and the bar patron's looked towards him with cold sneers.

"Oh, great..." Mateo muttered as he saw some ready weapons.

"Oh, believe me, I know the horrors humans are capable of committing..." Azariah muttered. The conversation went on, Lunia reminding Azariah that she had been the one to raise her. She gave a frown at that, her mood dropping. She never liked to be reminded of that. It hit a nerve. The only reason they could be so rude to Lunia at times was because of that fact. She didn't like getting a replacement mother. To them, Lunia and the other fairies had been their father's way of giving them a replacement family. That thought alone was sickening to her.

Though, Lunia made up for it. It seemed like she'd be coming with her. It was nice to not be alone as she always felt alone. When you were a hybrid there weren't many people would would jump for joy to stay with you. She gave a grin, not a smile. She wasn't that sappy. "Alright, you can come with. But you better stop being creepy like that. A lady also has a right to their privacy y'know."

And with that, Azariah had a fairy in tow following her all over the place. She'd decided to try her luck at Westshire. Hopefully they wouldn't remember her. Seriously, she was running out of towns that didn't know of them being a hybrid.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Rai Ikari

"Listen Mika, I'll be fine." Rai responded after Mika mentioned him not being in good enough condition to fight. "I can just, find a doctor or some healer."

Mika didn't listen though. He talked about how he loved Skyla and how she helped him get a part of himself back. Rai didn't really understand that feeling, he had never actually been in a relationship before, but at the same time, he could understand how much Skyla means to him.

"Mika, I-" Rai hesitated. "I just wanna help. I can't feel but think that I could've avoided all this. But still, I just need to-"

Mika suddenly got up and grabbed a sword off of a rack. Then, he wished Rai, Nia, Mateo goodbye and disappeared into the crowd. Rai didn't try to stop him. In fact, he didn't even say something like, "Come back!". He just sighed and whispered,

"Good luck, Mika. Find Skyla."

6 Months Later...

"Alright, stand still." Rai said to someone. Rai was at Waterfall Palace's training facility. Waterfalls surrounded him and his opponent as the sound of water flooded their ears, immediately removing their sense of hearing.

"You realize we're surrounded by waterfalls, right?" The person opposing Rai said. Telling by the voice, it was a girl. "Wait, you can't hear what I'm saying either. Never mind. Let's just start already."

The girl leapt from her position and began to run at Rai, her jet black hair flowing behind her. Once she got into Rai's range, she swoops low and then leaps forward at him, her elbow pointed forward aiming at his throat. Rai instinctively blocked the elbow with his palm but the girl was finished. She quickly attempted a strike again by twisting her body around and throwing a hook kick at Rai's jaw. Rai wasn't completely on guard at the moment and it connected with his jaw, making him stumble to the side a bit.

"Alright. Nice follow up after the block, Nakano." Rai said to the girl. "Now you know what that means, I get to play offense now."

1651707042812.png

The girl Rai was sparring with is the valiant female bounty hunter, Nakano Ran" nicknamed, "Virago". (cs coming soon)

Nakano took Rai's compliment to heart, it was rare to hear one from him. Then, he said he was switching to defense. That amused her. She had been practicing all week to land a hit on him and this was here moment. Now, she would get the joy of really fighting Rai. At least, she thought it'd be joyful.

Rai threw a combination of moves at Nakano, and he didn't seem to be holding back even though she was a girl. Nakano barely dodged the first three and at that point already felt his attacks becoming more consistent, since he went from throwing 3 punches at a time to 8 in a matter of moments. Once she found an opening, Nakano slid to floor and attempted a leg sweep. Rai bounced back on one foot and then immediate threw his other leg back forward, nailing Nakano directly on her nose.

Nakano cried out in pain and clutched her nose in pain. She even shed a few tears.

"Oh shit!" Rai called out. He knelt down next to Nakano and placed a hand on her head. "Are you okay? I-I didn't mean to hit you that hard!"

Nakano let out one more tear and then a mischievous smile spread onto her face. She suddenly raised he body up and threw an uppercut into Rai's jaw, dazing him for a moment and knocking him back a bit. She knew she had him now. Nakano wrapped her legs around Rai's left arm and then grabbed his wrist. She engaged into an arm bar.

"Tap out, Rai!" She said with a laugh. "You know it hurts!"

Rai grunted in pain but then pulled himself up to his knees.

"Pft, I've felt much worse. Now, this next move is what's really about to hurt."

Nakano's eyes widened with fear and she tried to free him from the arm bar. She couldn't though. She looked over to see Rai's free hand grasping her legs, not showing any sign of letting go. Then, Rai did something she didn't expect. He lifted her entire body, with her still on his arm, and then slammed her back down onto the grass, successfully incapacitating her. She fell limp and fell unconscious.

"Haha, told you it'd hurt." Rai said. "N-Nakano? You good? Nakano?"

Rai went up to Nakano's face and put his ear close to her mouth. She was still breathing, just unconscious. Rai let out a sigh of relief.

"You've still got a lot to learn kid." Rai laid down beside her. "You've still got a lot to learn."

Then, Rai fell asleep while waiting for her to wake up.

Interactions:

Attachments

• 1651629500243.png
    1651629500243.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 1
???Location: Westshire Bar by happenstance

A figure with a spear on their back was sitting at the bar when someone walked, Mateo. They glanced at Mateo, their eyes were cold and dead but still hopeful. They looked back at their drink, "Stupid kid." Then they just had to go and say it, 'This one smells like sprit and sweat!' The figure sighed and got up.

"Mateo. Always getting into trouble, aren't you?" Their voice was recognizable, at least to a friend. Their raven black hair was up in a bun and a bit more messy as opposed to it being straight 6 months ago. And their look, their cold, dead look but also a soft look, anyone would remember that look.

They turned their attention to the ruffians, "Hey. Leave this one alone. Or you'll have me to deal with." Their voice was stern and the ruffians seemed to back a bit...

They really have changed since the last time Mateo would've seen them.

B18-024HN_artwork.png
How our mystery figure looks now. Happy sleuthing c:

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Rai Ikari

"Huh?"

That was the first thing Nakano said when she woke up. She held a hand over the back of her head and groaned in pain. And her right leg felt heavy. What had happened again? Oh, yeah. Rai had kicked her ass.

"I'll beat you next time, Rai. You better believe that." She said to Rai. The only reply she got though was a snore. She looked over to see Rai fast asleep, his head resting on her right leg. That's why it felt heavy.

Nakano gave Rai a few shakes, while whispering for him to wake up.

"Eh?" Rai said as he slowly woke up."

"Wake up, Rai." Nakano said. "You beat my ass, now what?"

"Uh..I don't know. What do you wanna do?" The waterfalls usually stop flowing at this time, so Rai could hear Nakano.

"Well..I'm kinda hungry. Let's head to Ironshire for something to eat!"

Rai got off of Nakano's leg and stood up, brushing off his haori at the same time. He walked over to a corner and picked up his katanas.

"Hey, can I hold one for you?" Nakano asked. Rai shook his head and made his way out the palace. Just a little while ago, Rai had been learning how to double wield katanas. That way, he could have a lot more slashing range, but less strength in his cuts. It had been going well. He was able to perform many different slashes while using his electricity in both hands. And, Rai was beginning to get better at hand to hand combat. Nakano had been teaching him and, this match here, she purposely lost. She could've broken his hand in that arm bar but, she decided to let him go.

"Hey, wait for me!"

A few moments later...

Rai and Nakano walk through the forest on the path to the Ironshire. They make small talk and Nakano eventually tells Rai she let him win.

"What?" Rai responded to this. "So...that slam didn't knock you out?"

"No, it did." Nakano answered. "I could've prevented it though."

Nakano laughed at Rai's shocked expression and the pair continued through the forest, oblivious of their surroundings.

!!! A Legendary Encounter !!!Location: The Forest

As the pair walked through the forest, a creature cloaked in black and blue could be seen grazing the grass around a tree. It heard a snap of a branch from the footstep of Rai and it poked its head up and looked directly at them. The pegasus snorted and shook its head as it turned to face them before rearing up, extending its wings and neighing loudly. Its neigh was almost haunted as it echoed throughout the forest.

All things said and done, the beast didn't look like it was willing to start the fight. It left that decision up to Rai and Nakano as it stood there and watched their next move.

(Once you accept the challenge in your next post, you're locked in. The beast won't back down until you defeat it. This is last chance basically. You can do nothing and let the beast go or attack it.)
Posts until Legendary Beast leaves... (1)

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Rai Ikari

Barely ten minutes into their walk, Rai and Nakano hear something. It sounded like the sound of flapping and snorts. Maybe neighs. A horse? Then, Rai realized where the sound was coming from. He look ahead and before him was a Pegasus. It had the majestic wings were black with blue at the tips and it looked like it'd be almost luminescent at night. It's wings were extended and it seemed to be in a defensive stance.

"What the hell!" Rai yelled out when he saw the creature. He put his hand to the hilt of his blade but then stopped quickly. He didn't want to anger the creature.

"Rai, what is that thing!?" Nakano cried out.

"It's a Pegasus. Just..calm down. Don't make too many any sudden movements."

Nakano tried to take Rai's advice and stopped moving. She accidentally made eye contact with the beast and began to become very nervous. It was extremely intimidating. It was majestic yet lethal at the same time. A dangerous combo. After a little while, Nakano's eyes became watery and she was struggling to hold contact.

"Don't blink, Nakano." Rai said. Which didn't make it better at all. Nakano would've lasted a little longer, but the Pegasus broke her focus. It let out another loud neigh that scared Nakano half to death. Out of fear, she reaches to her side and takes out a dagger, which she slings towards the creature with great speed.

"Nakano, no!" Rai yelled out as he ran forward, trying to catch the dagger. It was too late though. It was going to strike the beast.

Last edited:
!!! The Unholy One !!!Location: The Forest
Current Weather: Dark Mist (All attacks made against The Unholy One are weakened. Cannot be cleared.)
In Battle

The dagger Nakano threw did connect with the beast but seemed to almost bounce off its chest. It reared again and let out a loud neigh that summoned a dark mist that quickly surrounded the forest. It then took to the air and become almost like a dark arrow as it charged at the pair. The attack would run through without stopping, the beast would then combo into a a wing flap that would send a plethora of sharp feathers at them.

After doing that, it would rear up for a moment before slamming its front two hooves on the ground and sending a cone of Dark magic at Rai and Nakano before doing another combo into yet another Dark Arrow Charge.

(Attack order; Dark Arrow Charge into Razor Feather into Dark Stomp into Dark Arrow Charge.)

The Unholy One (1875/1886 Vitality)

(Drain its vitality as indicated by the bar. Once it reaches 0, you win. Stronger attacks drain more and normal attacks drain less. Legendary beasts do have type immunities. This one is Immune to All forms of Dark type attacks.)

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Rai Ikari and Nakano Ran

She had done it. Any chances of them avoiding a fight were now diminished. Nakano had thrown the dagger at the beast and it was bound to be angry. The blade didn't even seem to pierce the creatures skin. But still, it reared back and let out another ear splitting neigh. This time, dark mist started to appear around the forest and the area seemed to become dark.

"What the hell is this stuff?" Rai asked no one.

Then, the Pegasus flew into the air and dark energy began to engulf it, making it look like some sort of spear. And quickly, the beast charged at Nakano and Rai with great speed and just to make things worse, shot sharp feathers. Rai and Nakano had two choices, face the Pegasus head on or face the sharp feathers. Rai made his choice quickly. He drew one of his katanas and charged forward at the Pegasus. He knew he couldn't match it's power, but he could try to stop it's momentum. He twisted his blade to the left and swung his blade forward, aiming at the Unholy One's side. He was going to attempt to make a gash it in and hopefully stop it.

The only downside to this was whether he fails of succeeds with his attack, the creature was going to slam into his chest, and that could cause some structural damage to his ribs.

1651800974936.png
Nakano on the other hand took the sharp feathers. She dodged to the left away from the Unholy One and found herself face to face with a plethora of blue and black feathers that were as sharp as Rai's blades. She instinctively grabbed her remaining dagger and swung at the feathers, knocking some out of the way but in the end, Nakano wasn't able to cover enough ground and many feather either stabbed at her lower body and torso or barely grazed her skin. Once all of the feathers had hit the ground, she was dripping with blood. Many feathers were still in her body and she decided to quickly rip them all out, just in case they were poisoned. Nakano didn't have any medical experience and she didn't know that removing the feathers would cause more blood to pour. She cried out in her pain and scolded herself for not wearing her armor.

So far, this wasn't going well for the pair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rai's Condition: 100% (until the hit from the Unholy One)
Nakano's Condition: 92% (and depleting slowly)

Current Weather: Dark Mist (All attacks made against The Unholy One are weakened. Cannot be cleared.)
In Battle

The Unholy One's Stomp attack was stopped mid attack by Rai's slash, the pegasus let out a pained whinny and put some distance between it and Rai. It then took to the air and hovered in place as it neighed which seemed to echo as it began charging something powerful...

When it finished that it dived and hit the ground with some force while also sending a wave of dark magic outwards. The pegasus then galloped towards Rai and prepared a wing slash once it arrived. If the wing slash was successful, it would follow up with a powerful kick from its hind legs then turn back around to face Rai.

(Attack Order; Dark Impact into Wing Slash then finally Hind Kick)
Posts until Strong Attack: 1

The Unholy One (1867/1886 (98%) Vitality)

Last edited:
Spirit and sweat. Good to know that was what he smelled off. The sweat part was all him. Puberty, I guess? Could be. Or maybe he was a sweaty kid. Ok, yeah, he was really harping on the sweaty part rather than the real issue, but it was kind of insulting. He understood the spirit scent, although he didn't think there was anything wrong with the smell. Seriously, they didn't smell rancid. He should know, he spent twenty-four seven with a prissy little bakeneko who liked to wear really flowery perfume that he insisted was cologne. He guessed spirit scent was that strong if that flowery stuff wasn't hiding it. But sweat?! Seriously? He was a traveler, but still. He didn't think he smelled too bad. 'Right, really not the time Mateo! Focus on the immediate danger you put yourself in. Seriously, you really are a fucking idiot.' He mentally berated himself.

He didn't have much in the way of self-defense. A stick and some magic. Yeah, that helped. He wasn't really built for offense. Or defense. He'd been working on his magic skills, but mostly focusing on his search. So, to him, any progress he had made had gone unnoticed. He had two more important things. His own personal quest and helping out the two that had disappeared. Skyla because of some unknown force, and Mika because of just running off. Those two really were a pair. He wondered if he could get away with calling Mika a fucking idiot when he found the guy. Not like he was scared of Mika anymore, but something told him not to. Too insensitive with what's been going on.

Mateo hadn't recognized the figure when he had walked in. Primarily because he had been busy with the issue he faced now. Though, even if he had taken some notice, he wouldn't have recognized them at a glance. They looked different from what he remembered.

There was a slight rustling. But he figured it was from the slowly forming angry mob. Those were... a lot of sharp weapons. He wouldn't be able to imagine what it was really from.

Cora had immediately picked up on the danger. A low hiss came from the satchel. The ones closet to him laughed, including Muscular Guy. They probably thought it came from him, since they were all perceiving him as a spirit. And Mateo didn't look the least bit intimidating with a spiraled stick of a staff in hand, covered by a blue ruana and a hiker's backpack around his shoulders, scrolls of parchment sticking out of its flap. He gave a nervous laugh, like he was in on the joke, but everyone brandished their weapons and his laughter died down into an uncomfortable squeal. Muscular Guy got closer to him with a huge axe. Looked as big as him, and he could definitely wield that thing. Then, a voice caught his ear. They said his name. The figure had come up and Mateo found himself panicked by the stranger. No, wait. Not a stranger. They said something about him always getting into trouble. He recognized the voice, that expression. Even if he had only known the guy for one day six months ago, he considered him to be a friend. One of the two he had missed dearly. "Mika..." He murmured out in shock. Mateo was so shocked that he had seriously forgotten the guys around him. The guys that wanted to murder and possibly skin him alive. Well, that was a nice thought...

He was sure it was him. It had to be. Even if he looked different. He could still remember Mika. The somewhat hidden softness in that cold look just proved it was him. Mika turned his attention to the guys with weapons, saying they'd have to deal with him if they messed with Mateo. Some of them backed off a bit, even the bigger ones did which was surprising. He knew Mika was extremely good, but it seemed weird that some of the muscular ones would be unnerved by someone like Mika. Muscular Guy stood his ground, towering above Mika. Mateo had thought Mika was tall, but geez. Seriously, this guy's head almost made contact with the roof. He was scared there was gonna be some kind of confrontation on his account, which Mateo just hated the thought of. Muscular Guy gave Mika a disapproving look, like he was about to harshly scold a child. "Ha! Thought you were a tough one. But to find out you're a spirit hugger? Very disappointing." He said in a deep, rumbling voice. He gripped his axe hard in his hand, seemingly weighing what to do.

Suddenly, a bar tender came around. Maybe an older teen. He certainly didn't look like he was old enough to work a shift at a bar. But bars always seemed like a lawless place to Mateo, full of deals and tradeoffs. It seemed like a more normal thing to happen. He looked a little panicked, as if saying 'what the hell? Is a fight really gonna happen? On my shift?' But he was there to negate the situation. "H-hey everyone. A round on me, just enjoy yourselves." Then he brandished a dagger. "Just don't get too rowdy." For some reason, that was enough to help everyone back down. Well, that and Mika's threat. People seemed to know of his strength.

Then, the teen bar tender turned off to Muscular Guy. "Say, Einar, how's Aleph doing? We can chat over some drinks about his training." That seemed enough to get Muscular Guy, Einar, away from them. The guy seemed like he frequented this place. As they walked away, the elven bar tender gave them a wink and a smile. Mateo wondered what his deal was.

Well, that hardly mattered. Guess who had showed up after being absent for six months? The legend himself! "Mika!" He ran up and hugged him. A second later, he pulled back. Mateo was a traveler, so any interactions and friendships he got he took seriously. Maybe he came off as clingy, but it was something he needed. Honestly, Mika was kind of like a big brother to him. Protecting him from the baddies and all that. "Sorry!" He apologized. "You just disappeared! Like for a long time! I was so worried. We all were. I've been searching for you and... y'know Skyla. You should've stayed with us! We could've helped! But you just took off and then I had to look for both of you plus the answers to... never mind. Anyways, I'm glad I got here. When I got that letter, I was like 'oh a big break in the case!' I'm really glad I had those merchant trading routes down I my map, or else I might not have gotten here in time to meet you. We can team up now, right! I mean, you've got that clue about Skyla and all. Plus, we're buds, so it makes sense. We just gotta wait for Rai and Nia. You sent that letter to them too, right?" Mateo was so out of breath afterwards, but it was worth it. He was under the impression that Mika had the clue since he'd found him here. Even if he didn't, he wanted to tag along after everyone in the group was here. Call him clingy, he didn't care, but he'd like his friends beside him. All of them.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Rai Ikari and Nakano Ran

Rai's attack was more successful than he expected it to be. He managed to stop the Pegasus's attack and avoid taking damage. Good, now he could retaliate better. Rai began to be surrounded by small electric sparks, signalling that he was about to use his lightning. But before he could finish charging up, the Unholy One flew into the air and charged up again. It finished in a matter of moments and then dove down and hit the ground with quite some force sending a wave of dark magic forward. Rai was knocked back a bit by this.

"Shit," he started. "This thing's on another level."

Rai began to charge again but once more was cut off because the Pegasus now galloped towards him and then slashed Rai with it's razor sharp wings. Since he didn't have much time to react, the slash went across Rai chest, though it didn't pierce it enough to strike any internal organs. Rai cried out in pain and the Unholy One kicked him with it's hind legs, launching him back and making him slam his back against a tree.

Rai blacked out for a moment but quickly woke back up to see the beast once again facing him. He didn't have many options. He needed to move or else he'd be hit while he was on the ground. Rai reached into his haori and took out a dagger which had a jagged blade on it. He closed his eyes and quickly began to infuse the dagger with 50'000 volts, it wasn't enough to kill or incapacitate to Unholy One, but it'd be enough to stun it for a moment.

Once he finished charging it, Rai threw the blade forward and it pierced the ground right in front of the Pegasus. Then, with a cold tone, Rai said,

"Release."

A wave of electricity exploded from the blade and went straight towards the horse at high speeds. Rai stood up and ran at the Pegasus, readying another attack once the first one finishes.

1651802440038.png

Nakano had to catch her breath for a moment before going to help Rai. She looked to her left and and saw that Rai had managed to send out a surge of electricity at the Unholy One. Then he ran towards it for another attack. He was persistent. Even though he had just taken a hard hit, he immediately got back up and continued fighting. She aspired to be able to do that too. So, she charged the Pegasus with Rai. She ran towards the creature with her dagger and let out a battle cry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Rai's Condition: 96%
Rai's Remaining Magic before Fatigue: 95%

Nia's Condition: 89% (from blood loss)

Mika the Flaming SpearLocation: Westshire Bar by happenstance

Mika stood his ground when the Muscular Guy threw his threat around, before Mika could retaliate, a bar tender came up and brandished a blade to calm the ruffians. Mika didn't flinch at the action but recognized that everyone else backed down, so he did as well. Then Mateo hugged Mika, it was rare for Mika to get a hug from anyone else beside Skyla. Mika felt a warmth, it wasn't Skyla but it reminded him of her, "Sorry, Mateo." Mateo went on and on about various things, one thing that Mika noticed that Mateo said was that he thought Mika knew something. He didn't.

Mika had a confused look, "What letter?" Then Mateo mentioned a clue about Skyla, Mika looked at Mateo dejectedly, "I... Mateo, I still know nothing about Skyla..." His voice broke a bit. Mika paused for a moment to recollect himself, "I've changed a lot though. I obtained the Lance of Flames 5 and a half months ago and I've been training with it everyday when I'm not looking for her." Mika showed Mateo the Lance (See spoiler), "Cool, right? I had to sacrifice my other types though... I'm exclusively a fire-type user now so there's that.."

Lance_of_Ruin_CG.png

In Battle

The Unholy One was successfully stunned by Rai's dagger, allowing him to get off his lightning attack, which seemed to stagger the pegasus a great deal. The beast shook off the daze rather quickly though and took Rai's follow-up attack head-on. While it had Rai close to it, it used its head to parry Rai's blade and reared up and flapped its wings aggressively and sent another wave of sharp feathers at Rai.

It turned its attention to Nakano and charged at it in a Dark Arrow Charge.
(Attack Order; Razor Feather at Rai. Dark Arrow Charge at Nakano.)

The Unholy One (1657/1886 (87.8%) Vitality)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back