• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legacies: World at War - In Character

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Rai seemed to stare at him for a bit. Oh, no. Had he over stepped? Then, Rai pulled an arm around his neck and started giving him a noogie which successfully got his hair messed up. Not that he minded or anything. But he did feel a little embarrassed with Rai's joke. He felt like he should at least apologize for not offering to help. But Rai had just seemed so intimidating and there had been a lot going on. His face blushed a bright red when Rai thanked him. He'd thought he failed as a healer there, not offering to help, but maybe it was alright. He could feel Cora thrashing in the bag because Rai had sent him spinning when he'd jumped in for the noogie. Cora was probably not having a good day.

"N-no problem." Mateo said after he had released him from the noogie a few seconds later, his face still being red as ever.

The successfully made their way there and he let the others go first. He'd never done this before, so he watched them as an example before it was his turn.

"Name, age and power, please." The clerk responded with the same thing she had asked for everyone else.

Mateo cleared his throat. He hoped this would go well. "Mateo..." He looked around for ideas for his last name. He didn't want anyone knowing he was a Cabrera. They could've heard about that old legend and turned him in. It's not like that wasn't true, the legend, but that didn't stop him from not wanting people to know. "Green... field..." Ok, yeah, he was horrible at lying. Mika had been a hundred percent right on that one. He literally just put together two things he saw. Green and a field. Why was he the worst at this? "Mateo Greenefield. With an E after Green." He said to sound more convincing, but the nervous smile he did afterwards didn't help his chances. The clerk looked skeptical and prompted him to go on. "Oh, right. Age 16. Nature and weather magic."

The clerk narrowed her eyes at him. He hadn't sounded convincing. And maybe she could tell about the whole spirit scent thing. A second later, she said. "Ok, you're signed up, Mateo. You can go on in."

He did just that, post haste. He turned back to see the clerk whispering to some big, muscular guy. Probably security. She pointed over to him as he ran past into the entrance. Maybe telling the guy to watch out for that one kid in the tourney who seemed suspicious. He shuddered and wandered inside, eventually finding the others.

"So, are there like any rules for this?" He asked the group as he approached. "Or does anything go?" If the latter was the case, then Cora could pretend to be his pet cat and help him out. If it wasn't, then maybe Cora could help another way, because he wasn't so sure about his abilities on his own.

Aiko had hid her tail the best she could and dipped out of the alleyway when the thunder had stopped. She'd heard about the announcement of a tournament. Everyone flooded in one direction and she could smell the scent of food, so she followed.

When she got to the arena grounds, she noticed that there were lines of people to take their seats in the stadium. And the place was huge. But, most of all, they carried food in their hands from various vendors. Her eyes lit up. If she could just fill her belly, then her transformation would be stable for a good while. Plus, she was just hungry and itching to steal something. She followed the others and stuck in with her hood up, her small size helping her to evade security.

The Mechanical MenaceLocation: WOULDN'T YOU LIKE TO KNOW?!
Interactions: SharkBark SharkBark AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf
Current Weather: None

Tiny Tina rushed through the crowd as she made her way to the registration clerk, "Move, move, MOVE!!" She arrived at the Clerk just behind the group, the Clerk looked at her, "Name, Ag-" Tina cut her off.

"Tiny Tina, Mechanical Menace!" The Clerk paused, "Um... I need your age and-" She cut off again by a loud groaned from Tina, "UGGGGHHHH, FINE! I'm Tiny Tina, I'm 14 years old and my powers... are... EVERYTHING!!!" The Clerk looked in surprise at Tina, "Every-" Again, cut off, "YES, I CAN DO EVERYTHING!!!"

The Clerk cleared her throat, "Alrighty, you-" Tina cut her off... again, "Thanks!!"

She forced her way through Rai, Mika and Skyla, "MOVE, IDIOTS!! TINY TINA IS HERE!!!" She wore a machine-like backpack. She ran a bit away and turned back to the group, "Catch you on the battlefield, nerds!!" She then turned and ran off again, holding her arms out like an airplane flying in the air.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Rai Ikari
Nia made a corny joke after he got accepted. Rai stared at her. Then walked away.

Once everyone got signed up, the group made their way into building. Rai had heard Mika say he had 4 elements. Four? If Rai went against him, he would have to adapt to those. He memorized the elements. Fire, Electric, Water and Ice.

He could counter the Electricity with his own, he could also use lightning to bend around or make the fire lose it's main form. For example, if he sent a bolt at a flame, the flame would disperse into smaller ones or even get so small it goes out. He had learned that in one of his old classes (it's actually true that electricity can do that, look it up).

For water, electricity can travel through water, and possibly get to Mika. But he wasn't sure. Mika had skill. He was fast with his lightning.

And ice..he had no fucking clue what to do there. What did electricity do to ice? He never heard of ice conducting electricity or something.

Mateo asked what if there were any rules or if anything goes.

"Uh..last time I checked, I'm pretty sure there were little to know rules." Rai answered. "If so, I guess we can--"

"MOVE, IDIOTS!! TINY TINA IS HERE!!!"

Rai almost fell over as the girl blazed past them. She then said she'll see them on the battlefield. Then she said...nerds.

"Who's that?" Rai asked.

Interactions: Kumii Kumii AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf

Mateo looked towards Rai as he answered. Ever since the whole noogie thing, he didn't seem as scary. He was actually warming up to the group. He liked these guys. Maybe they could stick around in this place for a while. He'd have a lot of convincing to do with Cora, but maybe. They didn't seem the sort to care about Cora being a Bakeneko, and the other two showed no signs of picking up on the spirit scent. He hoped to keep it that way until they decided it was best to reveal themselves and the truth.

He got excited when Rai said there were probably little to no rules. Awesome. Some Cora could probably help out. And, if he couldn't, he'd just say he didn't know what the rules were. After all, that was the truth. He really didn't.

Then, someone pushed past the older people in the group. Well, not that old but they were all at least older than he was. Skyla, Mika, and Rai. Rai looked like he had almost fell over and he went to help push the guy up. It's not like he was able to help, but it was the gesture that counted, right? Rai was soon asking who she was. "Probably a contestant. I did here her voice while I was walking in here. I'm guessing at least one of us is gonna have to face her."

He tried to help out with his travel knowledge. "Just don't get worked up over her. I've dealt with people like that before on my travels. They enjoy getting under your skin. Keep a calm head and who ever fights her will be fine."

NiaLocation: Don't leave me, Rai!
Interactions: AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf SharkBark SharkBark

Nia stopped laughing, "Hey! Rai, wait! I'm sorry!" She chased after him as she did, someone brushed by her and nearly knocked over Rai, saying a few things before disappearing. Nia caught up with them and shrugged, "What Timid Boy said." Frankly, Nia didn't actually catch Mateo's name, only Mika an Skyla's names.

"Sorry, I don't actually remember your name." She said to Mateo.

Mika and SkylaLocation: Heading to the left, I dunno...

Mika saw Rai thinking things in his mind, there went his element of surprise. It didn't matter to Mika, something Rai didn't know was how Mika could wield his powers. So he was safe for now.

Mika's own thought train was cut short when a girl blazed by them, nearly knocking over Rai and Skyla but Mika caught Skyla before she fell, "Th-thanks, Mika." Mika nodded, "You're welcome."

Skyla brushed herself off, "I agree, although something seemed off about her but I'm not sure what." Mika nodded, "Yeah, I felt it too." Skyla looked at Mika, "You should hold me more."

Mika broke his stoic character for a moment, "Wha- Where did THAT come from?!" Skyla smiled then giggled, "Oh nevermind, it was a joke." Skyla knew it wasn't but Mika sighed, "Don't do that anymore." Skyla smiled, "Sure, Mika. Sorry!" Mika looked at Skyla. Maybe what he said sounded a little too harsh, "Sorry, Skyla. I didn't mean it like that."

She nodded in response, "Mhm, I know." Secretly, that kind of hurt Skyla...

It wasn't long before the roar of nearly 500,000 people could be heard and felt, it gave Skyla chills. She saw a sign saying 'Contestants this way' with an arrow pointing to the left, "I guess we go this way." Both she and Mika followed the arrow to the left.

Mateo looked over to Nia when she'd called him 'timid boy'. He wasn't timid! Ok, well maybe a little bit. But that was only because he had his friend's life on the line in this city full of mortals. Anyone else probably would be in his shoes. Especially with what he had to deal with all the time.

Then Nia spoke of not remembering his name, which he thought was rude as well. He'd remembered her name, and Rai's. He just didn't know she hadn't actually heard it. "Oh, I'm Mateo." He said.

He turned his attention over to Skyla when they had finished up with their back and forth. She said something about going one way and her and Mika departed. He saw the arrow and understood. "C'mon." He said to Rai and Nia. "We should go too." And with that, he followed the other two towards the arrow.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Rai Ikari
Rai couldn't help but burst out laughing after watching what went down between Mika and Skyla. Mika was completely clueless to thee fact that Skyla may have a teeny weeny crush on him. And now, he had just hurt her feelings a bit, though she wouldn't show it. If only he was as good at reading people as Rai was, he'd definitely be able to figure it out.

Mika and Skyla walked ahead, leaving Rai, Nia, and Mateo to themselves. Nia mentioned that she didn't know Mateo's name.

"Oh, I'm Mateo." he had said.

Mateo seemed like a good kid. He didn't like to get into trouble and he helped people out. But Rai couldn't help but think back to when he was putting his name in. It seemed...artificial. Rai examined him for a moment. As much as he liked the kid, he needed to make sure that he wasn't a threat to anyone there. An arrow could be seen as they continued their path.

"C'mon." He said to Rai and Nia. "We should do too."

Rai completely lost train of thought afterwards. What was he thinking about again? Something about Mateo. Oh, yeah. Mateo's a nice kid.

"I agree. Let's continue." Rai said.

As they followed the arrow, Rai wrapped his hand around Nia's shoulder and leaned down to her height level to speak to her.

"Listen, you don't have to answer if you don't want to but, what was that birthstone from earlier about? You were going to say something else, but you stopped." Rai whispered.

Last edited:
The 105th Annual Tournament Begins!As the group made their way to the contestants' area, they found 11 other competitors. One of them was the one they ran into earlier, Tiny Tina. She looked impatient. As they lined up, they all heard the roar of the disorganized crowd turn into a chant with an underlying beat thanks to the collective 500,000 people stomping the ground as they sat. It really was one of the most anticipated events in the Land.

If you were stand outside of the arena, you could probably hear the chants from half a mile away. Inside the stadium, the sound was nearly deafening. The event started with non other then the Leader, Cyan, making his grand entrance, "How are we doing today, Ironshire!!!" The crowd erupted into a roar of cheer, the event seemed to be broadcasted to the contestant via a monitor, not that they really needed it due to it being so loud.

Cyan quieted the crowd down but there were still some murmurs here and there, "I can't wait to get the 105th Annual tournament underway, so without further ado, let's get this years fighters out here!" With that, a director standing to the side waved them in and they all began walking onto the pitch.

Cyan introduced them all one by one as they were walking, "First up, we have the Thunderous Hunter himself, Ironshire's very own Rai Ikari!" The crowd chanted, 'Rai! Rai! Rai!'

"Next up, he's a mystery, the cold and stoic type who'll give your kids nightmares, Mika Yunara!" The crowd cheered with some chanting, 'Mika! Mika! Mika!'. Cyan continued, "She's a martial artist who can control the Weather, give it up for Nia White!" The crowd cheered, with some wolf whistles being heard. "He's a shy Naturist, watch out he may be stronger than you think, it's Mateo Greenefield!" The crowd chanted, 'Hey! Hey! Hey!'.

Cyan continued, "She's an earthen menace with a great sword to boot, it's Skyla Junia!" same reaction continued from the crowd to Mateo's introduction. Cyan introduced the next person, "It's the Mechanical Menace, friend to all things robotic, give a warm welcome to Tiny Tina!"

Cyan continued introducing the contestants and after they were all introduced the first matchup and rules were announced. The crowd quieted down, "Here are the rules, friends. Firstly, no killing your opponent. you are to fight until either side is unable to continue. In the event both sides are unable to continue fighting, the match will be void. Secondly, you may not use anything that's not within your powers to use. Thirdly, Have fun!"

Cyan went on to announce the first match-up, "The first match-up wil be... pause for dramatic effect..." he paused, "Orion Suge versus Cameron Hagemasa!" The crowd cheered, "The match will begin soon, for now, competitors please head back to the waiting area and wait for further instruction!" Everyone on the pitch did just that.
AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf SharkBark SharkBark

NiaLocation: Waiting for the matches to start.

Nia looked at Rai as he whispered to her but she couldn't answer as they had arrived to their destination.

After the introductions and match-up was done, she whispered to Rai, "I'll tell you later." Her heart was beating from the excitement, this was really happening, shame that she wasn't up first though. She wondered when her turn would be.

Mika and SkylaLocation: Waiting for the matches to start.

After the excitement of the announcements was over, Mika sighed, "Give your kids nightmares? Really?" Skyla looked at Mika and smiled, "Whatever. Now I guess we watch and wait for our turn then."

Skyla nodded, "Yeah, I'm sure there are time limits for each match." She turned to Mateo, "Exciting, right?" She smiled at him.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Rai Ikari
Rai felt adrenaline flowed through his veins and couldn't help but smile when the crowd chanted his name. It felt good. Cyan introduced all the other contestants. Everyone got cheers and when Cyan said Mika was someone who'd give your kids nightmares, Rai burst out laughing, doubling over at the same time.

When Nia was called up, she got cheers and some people even gave her wolf whistles. Did they know she was a girl, or were they ga--. Rai stopped. It's best to think positively about this. She had male fans that appreciated her beauty. That's all it is.

Rai looked around at all the other opponents who all seemed just as hype. Cyan was good at getting people excited. This is probably why he is so well liked. And it was rare for him to be out in the open like this.

"Alright everyone, ready?" Rai said to the group. "Don't be too disappointed in yourselves when I win."

Rai took a seat and got ready for the first battle. Orion Surge vs. Cameron Hagamasa. This was gonna be interesting.

Last edited:
Mateo gave a shy wave when he was introduced. Stronger than you think? I mean, maybe. If he were to use.. no! He swore he'd never use it to his advantage. It was far too dangerous. Cora and him and both agreed on that much. So, hopefully his other abilities would help him win whatever match up he was going against. The others were introduced as well. He'd smiled and giggled at Mika's introduction. He'd probably been one of those kids when they first meant. Y'know, the ones that got the nightmares. Now he was more accustomed to him and his stoic ways. He was a softie, but just didn't show it. Rai seemed to be popular with Ironshire too. Probably the favorite to win among the citizens.

After all the contestants were introduced, the rules were listed. Why did they even have to say the first rule? Shouldn't that be common sense? Wait, has that happened before?! He was too exasperated by that that he almost missed the second rule. Can't use anything that wasn't within his powers. Well, he already had his satchel on him so Cora was on his person to use. And, besides, they knew he had nature magic. For all they knew, pulling a cat out of a satchel was one of his abilities. He could make it work.

Mateo giggled as Mika kept going with the introduction thing. "Well, I think it's pretty suiting." He said while trying not to burst out laughing. Yeah, this was a fun crew to hang around. Then Skyla turned to him. He nodded. "Yeah, it is. Especially since it's my first time doing something like this."

He turned towards Rai as they headed off the pitch. "No way. I so need that money. I don't think I can afford a place at the inn if I don't get it." He sighed, then looked back to Rai with shinning eyes. "So, I've got the determination to win!" He ran off in front of them to their seats like a little kid would. He took his seat and tuned into the match.

Aiko was currently in stealing bliss. Doughnuts, hot dogs, candy, even some oranges. She pocketed all the food she thought she could steal and it while she was running through the stands and going under benches. It was enough food to sustain her transformation. Meaning that her tail was no longer peeking out. This was a good day.

She'd barely been aware of the contestants, but she'd covered her ears as the voice blared in them. Curse her good hearing! She'd watched them go back into an area dedicated for contestants. And then she got a brilliant idea. Well, maybe a stupid one, but she was only twelve and her mental maturity was probably younger since she was a Tanuki. Different life expectancies since she was immortal. Well, not anymore.

Whatever, she crawled her way through and was close to the area the contestants were in. It was basically a stake out, the little tanuki in human form looking for anything she could steal that was valuable to her, or just plain food she could stuff her belly with like a hibernating bear.

Match #1 - Orion Suge vs. Cameron HagemasaCya announced that the match was to begin and introduced them both, "In the northwest corner, Orion Suge!"

Orion waved as they were introduced.

Cyan introduced the next one, "In the Southeast corner, Cameron Hagemasa!"

They did the same then the match began. It was a fierce battle but ultimately Cameron came out on top thanks to their superior tactics, Orion just couldn't keep up, "Winner, Cameron Hagemasa!" The crowd erupted in cheers.

Cyan announced the participants for the next match, "The participants for the next match are..." he paused, "Skyla Junia and Juniper Theramore! Fighters be ready to be called, match will begin soon!"

NiaLocation: Enjoying the matches.

It wasn't long before the first match started and Nia watched, the battle was fierce but Cameron came on out top. Now there was a short intermission before the second match started. Nia looked at Skyla and gave her a thumbs up, "Good Luck, Skyla! I'll be rooting for you!" She smiled.

Mika and SkylaLocation: Watching the matches.

Mika watched the match go on, looked like the battle was over rather quickly. He was watching rather intently, as if he was studying both fighters, then the next participants were called, Skyla and someone named Nick. Mika looked over to Skyla, "Good luck, Skyla. If you win, you'll be fighting Cameron in Round 2." Mika gave her a small smile.

Skyla watched with Mika and was surprised when her name was called for match 2. She looked over to Mika who wished her good luck, Nia did too. She smiled at them both but deep down she was nervous as hell. Seeing Mika smile at her warmed her heart and calmed her nerves, 'Thank you, Mika.' She got up and began walking to the waiting area. "Do your best. I'll be rooting for you." Skyla stopped when Mika said that, she kept looking ahead, but her cheeks were bright pink and she couldn't help but smile.

Last edited:
CODE BY SEROBLISS
Rai Ikari
After watching Cameron beat Orion, Rai was even more pumped up. There were so many talented fighters there. Maybe someone could put up a good fight for Rai.

"Hey, Mateo." Rai started. "After all my matches, could you heal me up again. Wait, you can go into magic fatigue that way. Nevermind."

And next thing you know, It's Skyla's turn to fight. She's going up against someone named Juniper.

"Good luck, Skyla." Rai said to her. "Show them what's up. If you lose, you have to pay me 500 yen." Rai smiled.

Mateo watched the match with a child-like amusement. He'd prompted the satchel up in a way that Cora could watch too. His gaze flicked intensely around, and he looked shocked when one landed a really good hit on the other. Mateo had to remind himself that this was Cora's first-time watching matches like these. He'd been spoiled all his life and trapped in his noble home so of course he'd be interested in this stuff. He smiled down at him.

His attention returned back towards the match as Cameron made the final blow. Seemed like Cameron was the winner of that much. He needed to pay more attention to the matches instead of watching Cora. Be strategist about this since he was at a disadvantage from the other fighters, especially since he swore off using his little quirk to keep everyone out of harm's way.

Rai turned to him and asked about if he could heal him after every match. Then he took back the idea because he realized he'd get magic fatigue that way. "Yeah, sorry. I would definitely heal you up if I wasn't fighting too. I just need to save all that for my fights. Besides, I don't want to be giving you any more advantages over me." He chuckled at his little joke.

Then they announced it was Skyla's turn. He was excited to see her fight with that big sword. "Good luck, Skyla!" He waved at her with a big smile. Of course he'd be like that when she was the first one who had been nice to him when he got here, even though she knew he was connected to something with spirits. He wanted to wish all of them luck on their fights.

"Mateo, you shouldn't be wishing her luck. She'll be you're enemy soon enough." Cora murmured to him from the bag when Skyla left for the waiting area.

"It's fine, besides she's a good person. And maybe a potential friend." He blushed at that thought. He'd love to have this group as friends.

"As if." Cora scoffed in that high society snooty tone he sometimes got. Mateo shushed him and buried the flap over him. The group was still around them, so he had to be careful about talking to Cora. Besides, Cora was so wrong about this one.

Match #2 - Skyla Junia vs. Juniper TheramoreCyan began the announcement for the second match, "The second match will begin. In the northwest corner, we have Juniper Theramore!"

Cyan let them do whatever they wanted for a minute before introducing Skyla, "In the Southeast corner, it's Skyla Junia!"

Cyan waited a minute, "You know the rules..." Cyan smiled and mumbled, "...and so do i..." Cyan chuckled to himself, "Anyways, Match..." He paused, "START!!!" And with that, the match began.

Nia and MikaLocation: Enjoying the matches.

This was it, Skyla's match had begun. Both Nia and Mika wondered how it would end, would Skyla take home the win? Or would this nodbody take it?

Mika watched his best friend intently, almost worried, 'Just be calm, Skyla... think about your next moves before you make them and you'll be fine...' Mika's leg began unintentionally bouncing.

Nia glanced over at Mika and gave a little smile, 'He worries about her a lot. I can tell.'

SkylaLocation: Fighting.
Interactions: SharkBark SharkBark
In Battle

Skyla stood and awaited the match to begin. She had her eyes closed and was breathing, 'Be calm, Skyla... you got this... just remember what Mika taught you.'

Flashback, 10 years ago...
Mika could be seen standing over a defeated Skyla, "Don't be hard on yourself, Skyla. Just anticipate your opponent's next move while also planning your next." 12 year old Mika offered the 13 year old Skyla his hand, which Skyla took.

'Ever since then, I trained and trained and tried to improved my skills. I hadn't yet unlocked my powers, but I was determined to be the best swordswoman I could be.'

Skyla and Mika could be seen clashing with their swords, Mika landing blow after blow and Skyla parrying all of them. Until one decisive parry allowed Skyla to disarm Mika, his sword landing a few feet away from the pair. Mika looked at his then at Skyla and gave her a smile, "You've really improved, Skyla. Just remember what you did here and I'm sure you'll be a fantastic swordswoman."

The present time...
Skyla opened her eyes when Cyan said the match had begun, she took her sword off her back and dropped into Earth Stance. The look on her face was determination, determination not to lose. She waited for the first move, to get a gauge on what Juniper used.
(Woooooah. Character backstory!)

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Juniper Theramore
Juniper looked boringly at the girl ahead of her. She looked confident and ready to win. How sad. It's just a tournament. Juniper always thought people who put extensive time and effort into things were wasting their lives, so she never really did much. She bit down on the lollipop in her mouth, breaking it as she was introduced. She had looked up at Cyan. He was calm and outgoing and doesn't worry himself with little things. That's hot. Definitely her type.

Juniper diverted her attention back to the girl who's name was Skyla. How boring. Sky-luh.

"I should probably get this over with quickly." Juniper thought to herself. "I don't wanna waste my time on this girl."

And just like that, the match started.

Juniper reached into the satchel around her waist and pulled out three gumballs. One blue, one red, and the last one yellow. Holding them between her fingers, she threw all three at Skyla at the exact same time. They zoomed in the air towards her and just before they could completely reach her, they dropped quickly and slammed into the ground.

On impact with the ground, they blew up, releasing a gas the same color as the gumball from each one. The gas quickly dispersed around the battle field and began to close in on Skyla.

"Just in case you wanna know," Juniper started. "The blue one is a gas that puts you to sleep, the red burns your skin on contact, and the yellow...." Juniper clicked her tongue and pondered for a moment. "That's either poison or a gas that blinds you. I forgot. You can find out for yourself."

Juniper reached back into her satchel and pulled out three more gumballs which were different colors than the first ones. The colors were purple, green, and pink this time. Juniper took out a candy cane too, just in case Skyla found a way to get out of the gas, which was pretty unlikely. The secret to these candy based abilities? Fairy magic. She fused it into candy to make non-lethal and lethal foods, all having harmful properties. That was her specialty.

Juniper Theramore, the Candy Killer

Interactions: Kumii Kumii

In Battle

Skyla was caught a bit off-guard by the attack but managed to create an Earthen Dome just in time around her to protect her from the gases, at least for now. 'This'll be difficult. Think, Skyla... think.. what would Mika do?' Skyla flashbacked to a few seconds ago, just barely catching a glimpse of how the gases dispersed, 'That's it, the middle one was red...it'll hurt but, it's better then falling asleep or getting poisoned.'

She dispersed the dome and quickly jumped out of the red gas which was in the middle as predicted. She suffered really only minor burns but was otherwise was okay. Skyla exhaled, "Neat trick, thanks for telling me which one I can afford to get hit by. It really helped me." Skyla's sword began dripping lava that burned the ground where it hit, "My turn." Skyla dashed at Juniper, 'Different colors this time. I don't know what they do this time so I have to be on guard.'

Skyla was quick for how big her sword was, she managed to get in close enough to pull off an upward strike at Juniper, if that would fail she would create some distance between them and be on guard.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Juniper Theramore
Juniper watched as Skyla encased her self into a dome of stone. Juniper scoffed.

"You can't spend the whole fight in there. You'll get disqualified." Juniper said.

The girl spend quite some time in there. Juniper sucked her teeth. Did she not hear her, or was she just risk it? Juniper got her answer quickly.

"What the-"

Skyla dispersed the dome and zoomed through the red gas, taking burns to her body. Once she was out of range of the gases, she thanked Juniper for telling which one she could afford to go through Juniper smiled at this. That was her intention. She didn't wanna make this too hard after all. But then, Skyla's blade began dripping with lava, which made Juniper's eyes widen.

"Wow. Nice tri--"

Suddenly, Skyla dashed at Juniper, closing the distance quickly. She delivered an upwards slash and lava flew forward. Juniper had to react quickly by leaning back, which made her dodge the blade. Then, she had to flip to the left to avoid the pouring lava.

"Wow. You must be hard of hearing." Juniper quipped. "I'm pretty sure one of the rules was that you couldn't kill your opponent. That lava would've burned through my face. Did you think I'd magically survive that?"

Without waiting for an answer, Juniper placed the pink gumball into her mouth. She raised her eyebrows at Skyla. Then, Juniper jumped backwards into the air and threw the purple and green ones down at Skyla. This time, only purple gumball released a gas. Green on the other hand blew up and a ear splitting sound released from it.

When Juniper landed, she immediately dashed at Skyla. And once she was in range, she curved around her and drove her foot into Skyla's back, sending her into the purple gas. This time, Juniper didn't tell her what the gas did. But she'll tell you. What the purple gas did was affect whoever's in it's cognitive ability. To make it sound a lot more simple, it makes them a little dumb and confused, sometimes making them forget where they were.

In Battle

Skyla winced at the ear splitting ring from the green gumball then was forcefully pushed into the purple gas by a kick. It was a close but Skyla used her sword as a sort of pole vault and vaulted over the gas but now she was in the air, only her arm lingered within the gas for a second. However, when she used her sword to pole vault, she let loose a little Earth Shatter and created a small fissure into the gas that released a burst of air and effectively dispersed the gas.

That was all the information Skyla needed, 'Perfect! So it works like that.' Skyla looked around, seeing the other gases. While still in the air, she readied her sword and it flashed, "Eighth Form..." she used the bleachers to push herself forward towards the ground, "...Rage of the Earth!" Once she connected with the ground, a bunch of cracks and fissure opened up all around the arena as air bursted up from them followed by lava. Even should the attack not connect, Skyla's goal wasn't to hurt Juniper, just to disperse the remaining gases.

Once that was done she landed and winced from the pain, she put a hand over her ear and checked if it was bleeding, luckily it wasn't but it hurt like hell, "Damnit.." Suddenly everything got dizzy for her, hazy was a better word, "The hell...?" Skyla remembered her arm lingered within the gas for a second, "Damnit. Now?!" Skyla closed her eyes and focused, 'Focus, Skyla... shake it off... FOCUS!' As she did this, her sword began glowing faintly...

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Juniper Theramore
Juniper laughed as Skyla cried out in pain from the earsplitting ring. That works every time. But kicking Skyla into the gas was unsuccessful. Turns out, Skyla was more talented that Juniper thought, and used her blade to vault over the lava, and at the same time, created a fissure that began to clear the gas.

"Whoa! You're full of surprises huh?" Juniper yelled out.

Rai Ikari

Rai's foot tapped rapidly on the floor. He was getting anxious. Skyla may have been avoiding Juniper's attacks, but she had already been hit with a few and hadn't landed any attacks.

"C'mon..you gotta play on more of the offensive side." Rai said. "You can't just keep using defense the entire match. You'll run out of energy soon.

Juniper Theramore

Juniper was absolutely taken away by Skyla's next move. She used another earth-based move and caused many cracks and fissures to erupt from the ground. Even lava came out. Was she still trying to kill Juniper?

Juniper took two steps back but didn't notice that there was purple gas behind her. When she turned around, she quickly stopped, barely saving herself.

"Whew, that would've been a close o--"

From the ground a fissure formed and pushed the purple gas into her face. Juniper screamed as the gas filled her lungs and immediately she felt herself becoming dumbfounded. But when she looked over at Skyla, she noticed that the same thing had happened to her, except it was stronger on Juniper.

"Nice trick, you sneaky son of a--"

Juniper fell over and hit the floor with a groan. She looked up and tried to put herself back on her feet but she felt glued to the floor.

"Oh, shlit.." She said with a slurred voice and her tongue numb.. "I fwucked up." Juniper opened up her satchel and rummaged through it's contents. "Anthidope...where's the Anthidope.."

In Battle

Skyla stumbled a bit as she tried to focus, she ended up dropping her sword and it made a clanging noise. Skyla managed to open one eye and saw Juniper under the same effect but it seemed to be a lot stronger, 'Did she.. inhale it..?' Skyla shook her head and smack her face a couple times, which seemed to work for a minute, she took this time to run up Juniper, without her sword, and tear away her satchel which looked to be the source of her gumballs.

Once she did that, she threw the satchel away from her and then went to knee Juniper in the gut but before she could get off another hit, the gas took effect again and she stumbled a bit, 'Damnit.. I was... only able.. to get.. one hit off..' Skyla chuckled, "Damn, we're both screwed, aren't we..?"

When the magic had started, Mateo had been as glued to the match as Cora was. Cora had pushed the top of the satchel upwards again so that he could peer out. But Mateo was hardly focusing on the cat. His mouth gaped and his eyes shone with admiration for Skyla when she had made her first attack with magic. Earth magic. So that's what she used. She could also just use magic which was a skill in and of itself. It was a hard thing to do for mortals like themselves. While Cora had a natural skill for it, Mateo had to work hard and pour all his energy into studying it. He assumed the rest of his group had done the same. But the earth magic that Skyla wielded was so cool. She could even create lava which wasn't something he thought earth magic could do. Ok, he had to ask her to show him that later on.

Mateo didn't have as much admiration for Juniper, though. I mean, the whole gumball stuff was cool, but he didn't know it was magic. It could've just been a weapon manufactured to do that. So, he wasn't too impressed. He got more excited over magic than fancy weaponry. And Skyla's magic looked so cool that he was beginning to look up to her, especially since she had been the first one who had acted nice to him.

He couldn't peel his eyes off the match as Skyla started creating fissures in the ground. Eventually, they both seemed to have inhaled some kind of gas, both stumbling around. It was honestly hard to watch for a healer. He wanted to heal both of them up the second the match was over, but he'd have to stop himself on that one. He needed the magic for his own match. Besides, they had to have healers here, right?

Skyla seemed to be struggling, but she just had to win the match. She was the cool magic user, and his friend! Wow, where did that come from? I mean, she was. She was his friend. His face flushed with his thoughts, but his eyes still shone bright. Yeah, this group was great. Maybe they could all be friends. It would be nice to have some people in this huge city. He smiled. Cora didn't seem especially fond of everyone, though he was like that with everyone new they met, but he'd have to get over it eventually. They'd be setting up shop here for a while. They could use some friends, and he wanted to root for the new one he had made.

"Come on, Skyla!" He called out, making his voice the loudest it had ever been today. It would probably be a shock to the group because he was so soft spoken. "You can do it!" He wasn't even sure if Skyla could hear him after she had inhaled the purple gas plus the loudness of the crowd, but that's not really what mattered. He just wanted to provide support to his friend.

Nia and MikaLocation: Enjoying the matches.
Interactions: AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf

Nia's eyes had been glued to the match but they were torn away for a moment when Rai mumbled something about being offensive, to which she simply smiled. The she turned her attention to Mateo who shouted, Nia didn't think much of it though.

Mika was intently watched, taken by surprised by the shouting Mateo, 'That's out of character.' Damn, even Mika's thought could be blunt! Mika glanced over at Mateo and smiled a bit but it wasn't visible thanks to his hands covering his mouth from leaning on his legs and watching. Mika continued watching the match, "Skyla's amazing isn't she?" Mika seemed completely out of character when he said this.

Internal Mika
'WHY DID I SAY THAT?!' Mika's internal self was going wild, 'It just slipped out... BUT WHY?! She's my frie- BEST friend! I mean of course I think she's amazing but NOT like that!!! Or... do I...?' Mika's internal self seemed to be a lot more aware then his external self but then again, these his thoughts and essentially his subconscious.

Mateo's sight tore away from the battle when Mika said something. Mateo simply smiled at him. Yeah, he definitely wasn't scary anymore. Caring for his friend like that. But Mateo was too busy being excited about Skyla's magic that he was dense to the romantic undertones of that comment.

"Yeah, she is! Her magic is soooo cool!" He exclaimed and his eyes looked like they had stars in them. He was like a little kid, but him and Cora didn't get to see these kinds of shows. Like at all. The chance to get to see magic used like that was incredible to him, especially since it was magic he hadn't learned yet. But Cora just enjoyed watching a match like that, since he'd never seen one before.

Still, he'd been caught a little by surprise that Mika was speaking openly like that. It'd been enough to tear him from the excitement of the match.

MikaLocation: Enjoying the matches.
Interactions: AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf

Mika had finally realized what he said, he eyes grew a bit wider and his cheek turned a light pink and he looked away out of embarrassment. He cleared his throat and regained himself, "Yeah, well.. I taught her how to use that stance." Mika looked at Mateo, "Would you believe it if I told you Skyla lost her parents at age 5? You'd never guess it, huh?"

Mika didn't mean to sound so harsh but it was true...

Flashback, 17 years ago...
'17 years ago, Skyla lived with her parents somewhere out by Westshire... we were barely friends back then but to her, I was the only one who actually talked to her.'

A 5 year old Mika could be seen giving a HUGE smile to a 6 year old Skyla, 'Yes, back then I wasn't this gloomy, stoic and cold type. Now that I say it out loud, I realize that I'm self aware... anyways...'

"Hey! Skyla, let's go play!" Young Mika shouted out. Young Skyla hesitated for a moment, "I'm s-sorry... I can't.. mommy and daddy won't let me..." Young Mika was disheartened by this, "Oh.. that's okay. Maybe next time then!"

'I kept trying, everyday for a month. Until one day...'

Young Mika was walking to Young Skyla's house and it on fire, immediately, Mika got worried and ran and began hearing a crying Skyla. A gruesome scene was laid before Young Mika's eyes. Young Skyla saw Young Mika and ran up and hugged him, "Mommy and daddy were..."

'I knew she said was trying say. She never gave up...'

Present time...
"Simply put, Skyla is trying to find the people who murdered her parents." Mika had never spoken this long before, he didn't know why he felt he needed to say all this, "I guess a part of me felt guilty so I resolved to help her... but..." Mika glanced over at Mateo, "Never mind, forget it."
(The Italics are Present Mika narrating the flashback.)

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Juniper Theramore
Juniper flinched as Skyla ran at her, it was over. She was going to defeat her. But instead of hitting her, Skyla ripped the satchel off of Juniper and threw it far away from her. Then, she collapsed on one knee, and prepared for the final strike.

"Thwell plasyed." Juniper slurred.

But then, right before she could deliver the final blow, Skyla stumbled a bit and couldn't move.

"Damn, we're both screwed, aren't we..?" Skyla had said. Juniper chuckled.

Skyla was amazing. The persistence and effort she put into this fight was amazing. And she actually managed to beat her.

"Dumb ass." Juniper said with a laugh as she began to sink to the floor. "You should've taken the antidote out of the satchel..."

Juniper head hit the ground as she felt as if she couldn't move. Well, she had feeling in everywhere in her body but her mouth. And she still had the pink gumball in her mouth. It's real purpose was to create a pink flame that Juniper could shoot from her mouth when she bit down on it. Juniper put it between her teeth and aimed her mouth at Skyla.

"You fwought wells." she said.

Before she could bite down on the gumball, she looked in Skyla's eyes. She looked horrified. She really wanted this badly huh? Juniper only joined for the money, and didn't care if she won or lost. This girl though, she was determined. Why should Skyla derive her of this?

With a sigh, Juniper spit out the gumball.

"I forfeit." Juniper said.

The referee took a few steps closer. He asked her to say it again because hadn't heard it.

"I said I FORFEIT!"

The ref nods and puts two fingers up in the air and then points at Juniper, signalling a forfeit.

The arena cheered loudly and sounds of happiness and defeat could be heard.

Rai Ikari

Rai jumped up from his seat and cheered as the forfeit call was made.

"Let's go!" Rai cheered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back