• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Quiet - OOC

Blemmigan

Illusion is eternity. Machines will live forever.
OOC chat goes here. As well as questions, which I'll do my best to answer.

This is my first attempt at hosting an RP so apologies if things are confusing. I try to explain everything fully and it ends up being 3000 pages long ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

--

This guy called Mott is the one who wrote the note, and who is trying to gather all the characters together. I may post a brief character description for him so you can describe him when you post, but honestly he only exists to set the scene. He won't be part of the main character group once they assemble, and his purpose in life is really just to be Mr. Exposition. Maybe he'll die dramatically within two posts. Who knows?

So, the RP will start at the meeting-point specified in that post and on the CS. It's an arbitrary location, so describe it how you want.

Likewise, the city where the place is set is... I'm going to call it "Newhill" as a generic name. I don't want to tie it down to any real established place to avoid people (me) fretting over geography. Invent parts of the city as you see fit. Put a waterslide park in, go nuts.

Really, that goes for the whole plot. I do have things planned/explanations for stuff (so again, ask questions if you're unsure of something I've written), but it's more fun when people add in their own ideas. Whether that's going for it outright in the main thread, or bouncing ideas around OOC.

In case it's useful: my time zone is BST, aka UK time, aka UST +1.

L I N K S

RP Thread - tba
Character forms
Other Information
OOC Discussion
Interest Check

Last edited:
Thanks for the tag! Just have a quick question before I get started on a cs though. I'M GLAD YOU'LL ACCEPT DRAWINGS because I do like to draw my characters rather than go through the hassle of finding a suitable faceclaim BUT since you'd prefer non-anime images, I'm just a lil worried since my art style isn't super realistic and i think it could definitely be considered an "anime" looking style OTL

Basically I'm just wondering if you'll accept any art as long as it's original? Thanks in advance!

Blemmigan Blemmigan
what effect do harsh chemicals such as tear gas or chlorine have on the Ravenous? Also, does fire harm them? What about strong electrical currents?

Well this'll be interesting. xD
Can't wait to start!

Thanks for the tag! Just have a quick question before I get started on a cs though. I'M GLAD YOU'LL ACCEPT DRAWINGS because I do like to draw my characters rather than go through the hassle of finding a suitable faceclaim BUT since you'd prefer non-anime images, I'm just a lil worried since my art style isn't super realistic and i think it could definitely be considered an "anime" looking style OTL

Basically I'm just wondering if you'll accept any art as long as it's original? Thanks in advance!

Mainly I posted that to try and stop people from using random anime characters who all look more or less the same. Or screencaps from Steven Universe or whatever, that kind of simplified style. If you're drawing it yourself specifically for a particular character that you've planned (whether for this RP or just a character you have anyway), then I will trust your judgement on making them their own thing. Personality and all that jazz. So uh I'd say sure go for it, and if it's a literal stick figure or something then I may well ask for some description as well :V

Blemmigan Blemmigan
what effect do harsh chemicals such as tear gas or chlorine have on the Ravenous? Also, does fire harm them? What about strong electrical currents?

The lower tiers (particularly Unmarked) would be more susceptible to damage from things like that, as their purpose is pretty much to be expendable. Dangerous gases would be a problem too: even if it doesn't outright kill them it would likely have some effect to disorientate and damage them. They would breathe oxygen and have other basic functions similar to us, albeit deformed.

The higher tiers, particularly Adepts and Emperors, tend to be more heavily armoured and protected, and are more likely to have full-face masks and other mystery technology to keep them safe. Plus there's the fact that they evolve and adapt quickly: the armies don't use gas/fire/electric attacks (beyond what some of the Adepts may be able to do), but if it becomes a real problem for them then they are going to wise up and supply even the basic Marked with preventative armour. Or they would even "upgrade" the warriors to have better resistance or immunity to those sorts of things. Either way, the armies are gradually overall getting stronger.

Generally speaking, the more "advanced" the Ravenous, the tougher they are (as well as better armoured, and more humanoid). By the top tiers, fire would have to literally render them unable to walk, as they'd go for a while and fight back before death. Electricity would likely stun them, even higher levels, if they weren't kitted out to resist it. Getting a hold of electricity with no power grid is one problem though! Or a journey.

Also, regarding abilities in this situation... there would need to be contact for abilities to be transferred. If a Ravenous dies from fire or high voltages (or, if guns were to work, gunfire), a human wouldn't have any abilities transferred. It would be seen as incidental death. Of course, that means there wouldn't be a risk of mental overload and death, either.

In short: I've no idea where the characters would get tear gas or high voltage electricity from, but if they made plans to find and use it then it would take down at least the weaker Ravenous. But they had better do it quick, before the armies figure out what they're up to, and try to stop it happening!

Mainly I posted that to try and stop people from using random anime characters who all look more or less the same. Or screencaps from Steven Universe or whatever, that kind of simplified style. If you're drawing it yourself specifically for a particular character that you've planned (whether for this RP or just a character you have anyway), then I will trust your judgement on making them their own thing. Personality and all that jazz. So uh I'd say sure go for it, and if it's a literal stick figure or something then I may well ask for some description as well :V

The lower tiers (particularly Unmarked) would be more susceptible to damage from things like that, as their purpose is pretty much to be expendable. Dangerous gases would be a problem too: even if it doesn't outright kill them it would likely have some effect to disorientate and damage them. They would breathe oxygen and have other basic functions similar to us, albeit deformed.

The higher tiers, particularly Adepts and Emperors, tend to be more heavily armoured and protected, and are more likely to have full-face masks and other mystery technology to keep them safe. Plus there's the fact that they evolve and adapt quickly: the armies don't use gas/fire/electric attacks (beyond what some of the Adepts may be able to do), but if it becomes a real problem for them then they are going to wise up and supply even the basic Marked with preventative armour. Or they would even "upgrade" the warriors to have better resistance or immunity to those sorts of things. Either way, the armies are gradually overall getting stronger.

Generally speaking, the more "advanced" the Ravenous, the tougher they are (as well as better armoured, and more humanoid). By the top tiers, fire would have to literally render them unable to walk, as they'd go for a while and fight back before death. Electricity would likely stun them, even higher levels, if they weren't kitted out to resist it. Getting a hold of electricity with no power grid is one problem though! Or a journey.

Also, regarding abilities in this situation... there would need to be contact for abilities to be transferred. If a Ravenous dies from fire or high voltages (or, if guns were to work, gunfire), a human wouldn't have any abilities transferred. It would be seen as incidental death. Of course, that means there wouldn't be a risk of mental overload and death, either.

In short: I've no idea where the characters would get tear gas or high voltage electricity from, but if they made plans to find and use it then it would take down at least the weaker Ravenous. But they had better do it quick, before the armies figure out what they're up to, and try to stop it happening!

Good to know. The character I'm makings main 'thing' is going to be improvised weaponry and I was wondering about the effects that something like that would have. Some jumper cables connected a car battery and thrown into a body of water; an improvised frag grenade made using 16oz propane canisters, scotch tape and nails; or a chemical weapon made using ammonia and pool chlorine were some things I had in mind.

I guess I'll have to stick to the more traditional improvised weapons such as knives on sticks and spring-loaded bricks.

Good to know. The character I'm makings main 'thing' is going to be improvised weaponry and I was wondering about the effects that something like that would have. Some jumper cables connected a car battery and thrown into a body of water; an improvised frag grenade made using 16oz propane canisters, scotch tape and nails; or a chemical weapon made using ammonia and pool chlorine were some things I had in mind.

I guess I'll have to stick to the more traditional improvised weapons such as knives on sticks and spring-loaded bricks.

I like the way you think... ; )

I will be playing a fairly useless young blind man who has a case of short term memory loss. : D

Hello! Thanks for the tag. I'll be getting my character up within the next day or so.
Sorry about the delay, it's just taking me a bit of time to get back to my college campus from going home the past few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back