• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Project - Hero system

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'm looking for interest in a agent level Hero System game using 5th edition rules.

The basic concept is this: The government is looking for bids for the Soldier of the Future. Various companies have put together submissions, ranging from cybernetic implantation to powered armor. Finally this one particular company suggests induced mutation. Imagine a infantryman with bulletproof skin, capable of lifting multi-ton loads, and stay up for weeks at a time with no adverse reactions.

The first step in this was to see if the company can take an animal and induce a controlled mutation. Then the company comes up with the idea of, why use humans at all? A dog, for instance, reaches maturity in only a few years, can produce a litter of several pups at one time, and when it dies, you don't have to worry about paying out a death benefit to a grieving family.

You can use any Earth native animal or insect as your base creature from which you are mutated from; no Area 51 stuff. To give you an idea of what this might look like, my table top group has a pack of velociraptors wearing body armor and packing M-60's.

Game crunch.

This would be using the 5th edition rules. You would have 100 point base with 100 points of Disadvantages. This is a secret project, so no Public Id or Reputations that the public would know about. With the purchase of the appropriate Weapon Familiarity, you can get access to standard military grade firearms for free. Any unusual weapons, such as a laser, will have to be purchased with your points. For defenses, you can get a flak vest for free. Once I have enough interest in the game, I'll post the Active Point levels for attacks and defenses.

NO mental powers in any form. Also, if you require a suit of battle armor to be combat viable, you are considered a failed experiment and destroyed. So, no mice in human body suits.

Anyone interested?

Hmm... I'm thinking a red panda acrobatic infiltrator and master of disguise.

This doesn't seem to be taking off. Perhaps some other time I'll try again.

There is still a chance. I'll give it a few more days before shelving this idea for a later date.

Still no one else interested? Ah, well. Can't win them all.

If the 5th edition is the problem, we can also go with 6e.

Still open for those that might be interested in an Agent level superhero game.

Champions is a fun and well balanced system (at least, in my opinion). I can assist with making a character for you with a bit of feedback from you, but I would need to have some more players before starting up a game. The same goes for anyone that is looking for a story that is part Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and part Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Well, it would not be the first time that I have run a game where I have had to teach the players the system. I can work with you as long as you are willing to learn and have fun. If @vinom and @SephirothSage are still interested, I can make an NPC to run with you and have a 4 person squad. If anyone knows of another person that would like to join in, feel free to throw them under the bus and send them my way.

The good news about having people that are unfamiliar with the system is that I can make up characters with no worries of something that just doesn't fit in.

Any idea on what kind of animal/insect you would like to start off from?

Did you want to go with a kung-fu panda style character? Focusing on a martial art technique?

Perhaps, are they mystical martial arts in this setting/system?

I was originally thinking more acrobat master of disguise.

Master of disguise would be a bit difficult; you are a humanoid panda, after all. There is no way for you to pass as human.

I can work with this. @vinom, do you know how to make up a character, or would I need to whip one up for you, too?

I'm not familiar enough with the system to make a character currently. I would appreciate it if you create a character that fits in with the stealthy, dexterous image I'm picturing.

So, we have a Red Panda sneaky guy, and a Eagle sniper, and a superleaping frog. Interesting bunch of recruits for a special ops team. I'm thinking my NPC will be a rhino; real strong but not as fast. I can start working on characters over the next few days.

Seems like an interesting team, aye.

I will have strange urges to attack any small rodents I see, always. *Nod Nod*

I'm starting to work on characters now. I have a few errands to run, but later today I'll put together our board and start putting up some info for you guys.

Ok, the forum is up. Here is the link:

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-project-hero-system.114610

I have characters done, I just need to polish them up and post them. I'll also post a quick game rules summary so you have an idea on how the system works. This will still take me a few days to finish, but we are getting closer to game time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back