• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Project: Champions 6e IC thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Here is our IC thread.

Last edited:
Welcome to The Project! Located on the property of a old Southern plantation several miles out of the Atlanta city limits, the beautiful manor house is now the main office for what is officially known as Project Moreau. While the sprawling grounds with its remote location offers up some much needed privacy, the bulk of the meat and potatoes of the Project is hidden away underground. Labs, storerooms, living quarters and a variety of training and simulation rooms are safely tucked out of sight from prying eyes.

This does not mean that there aren't times that you are allowed above ground. Some training does require the real outdoors, for the elements and the extra room to practice various deployment and combat techniques. There are times that you are not allowed out, and that is explained away as windows of time that known foreign satellites are overhead, with the possibility of high resolution cameras to be able to spot you. Security of the Project is paramount.

For the past five years, the team has been raised in the structured environment of rigorous training with all sorts of weapons and tactics. The running joke is that you are a part of the first SEAL team with the chance to have real seals in it.

While it is true that the ultimate goal for the team is to be integrated into the actual military, right now you are totally in civilian hands with military advisors assisting in your training.

Right now, it is early morning on a quiet spring day. The sun has been up for only a short time, but the team has been on the move since before dawn, moving swiftly through the Georgia countryside with full packs and weapons, as you follow a course laid out to a prefab set of buildings that you are supposed to recon then report back without being seen by the 'enemy' forces there. The downside to this is that you are not allowed to use your powers, because there are times that they may not work. There is no substitution to classic military training.

As you hunker down in the trees with your binoculars up, looking at the building when your radios come to life. "Attention field team. Training mission is aborted. Return to the Compound ASAP. Acknowledge order."

Tigress was laying down low in the tall grass, staying as motionless as possible as she looks out through her binoculars at the target building. She was taking her time with her observations, trying to get a good feel for the number of 'enemies' there and their movements when the call came in through their secure comms. Is this a part of the training? No, that is a real abort message. Wonder what is going on?

Glancing over her shoulder at the others of the team with a quizzical expression on her face, she asks, "Ok, Soren, What did you do this time to get us all in trouble?" Tigress is half joking, half serious. As far as she can remember, they have not gotten a signal like this while in the middle of a training session. With a shrug, she stands up and slips out of her hiding spot, brushing off the dirt. "Lets go see if we can catch a ride back to the manor house with them. I'm all for a good hike, but why walk when you can ride? Its either that or we trust Hyena with our lives with his teleporting."

Hyena was checking the rangefinder, spotting for inconspicuous places to port to that were outside of the general patrolling patterns. Then the radio voices the new orders in his ear. He lowered the binoculars and looked to the others. "Whatever it is, it is certainly important."

Hyena stood up and dusted himself, "Have a little faith, Tigress. You act like you dont enjoy it. Anyway, they want ASAP, we should give them ASAP. Base is well out of my range, but I can get us to a ride real quick." He put the binocs away, and held out both his hand."Shall we?"

He had to be touching them to teleport them. The process, thankfully was relatively unobtrusive. The disapparation was silent, and looked like a quickly imploding cloud of smoke that was dissipating. The most jarring part was the sudden change of scenery, made it easy to cause motion sickness. And that when they reappeared, he tended to reappear a small bit off the ground to reduce the threat of splicing into uneven terrain. Could lead a small stumble if one wasnt expecting it, and by now his comrades would probably be aware of that.

His target being right I'm front of the manor where they would be easily seen. And could easily find a ride.

With everyone together, Hyena makes the teleport flawlessly to the building that you were observing. Several people are there, packing up supplies and loading them into a pair of trucks. One of them gives you a friendly wave. "Ah, good to see that you got the abort message. Something is going on back at the Farm and they want us all back ASAP. Lend us a hand loading this stuff, would you? The sooner it is on the trucks, the sooner we can all get on the road."

Orca and Soren both nod and begin to haul boxes, and with everyone's cooperation, it only takes a few minutes before all the people there are seated inside the back of the big trucks as the diesel engines roar to life. After a short drive with a bit of friendly chatter with everyone, you are back at the main buildings of the Project. As the trucks make their way towards the underground garage where they are stored, you can see several new vehicles parked in front of the manor house; four brand new Humvees, one of which has a pair of red flags attached to the front bumper with two stars on them, and there are two soldiers in camouflage standing watch over the vehicles.

The fact that they are there is not a big surprise. What does stand out to you is the fact that both men are carrying M-16 rifles at the ready.

Down in the garage, you are met by Dan Hawes, a former Marine Drill Instructor that acts as one of your trainers. He gives the four of you a friendly grin and a handshake. "Good. You are back just in time. Secure your weapons and come with me. We have some brass here to check on the status of your training. The Pentagon has sent General Sandra Pellington as the head of the department overseeing the Project; this is the first time for her to show up herself. Must be something big in the works."

Last edited:
Tigress takes note of the armed guards with a raised eyebrow, but says nothing about it for now. Instead, she follows her instructions and checks in her shotgun, pistol and spear, then asks, "We are all quite dusty from being out in the dirt. Is there time to get cleaned up before we meet this General? I want to make sure we make a good impression."

After shaking their Instructers hand, it was always good to see him, he checked in his SMG, his pistol, his knife, and couple flashbang. As well as all his other equipment.

When Tigress spoke up, he held his tongue. It would have been a good opportunity to tell her she could just lick herself on the way there. But she was right. "I agree, especially if the General is here just to check on our status." He said.

He didnt really have anything else to add at the moment. As Tigress already asked the main question at hand. If they had time. Hyena agreed with Hawes on this though, something big was in the work. Apparently the General had came without sending word ahead, because if word was sent, the team would have been recalled sooner or not sent out at all. And while a Generals time is valuable, one wouldn't likely call a planned training exercise halfway through to be aborted just to have a squad recalled for review.

Dan shakes his head. "The general has been waiting for you for about an hour with some members of her command staff, going over reports and status updates with Dr. McKenna, the Project head. She's been around the block a few times, so seeing some mud on your feet won't turn her off. Hell, it might even be a good sign. Lets get moving! No need to keep General Pellington waiting any longer."

With Orca and Soren in tow, the five of you head into the heart of the underground complex, and soon you are at the briefing room. Dan gives a quick knock on the door and then heads right in. Other than the four empty seats for you, the room is full of familiar faces, except for the seven soldiers of the General's entorage. Dr. Leon McKenna, the Project head, is sitting at the table with several of his office staff.

At the head of the table is a middle aged woman in an immaculately pressed uniform with a pair of stars on her shoulder. Next to her is a Major acting as her assistant. Standing behind the two officers are five soldiers in their camouflage uniforms, all wearing body armor and carrying weapons as if they had just walked off the field from Afghanistan. Four have M-16's, and the fifth one is carrying a SAW light machine gun.

All talk stops as the four of you walk in and take your seats. Dr. McKenna smiles, "Ah, good! You are finally here. General, allow me to introduce to you our most successful team to come out of the Moreau Project."

The General raises up her hand to stop him. "No need for names here, Doctor. All I am concerned with is if this experimental team is ready to earn some of the money you are asking from the Pentagon."

He pauses, then says, "Um, well, of course. I assure you, Team Alpha is fully prepared to take to the field."

"Good. Then let us give them a assignment as a test run to see how well they do. Major? If you would?"

"Yes, ma'am." The assistant pulls out a folder from his briefcase and sets it on the table. "Twenty four hours ago, a shipment of fifteen Stinger anti-aircraft missiles were stolen from a reserve armory in West Virginia. Surveillance pictures were able to identify the van that the missiles were loaded on, and we have identified the owner as this man, Corporal Steven Hudson, one of the MPs assigned to guard the armory." He lays down a file picture of the corporal on the table in front of you. "Tracking his social media posts and other sources, we suspect that he is taking the missiles to the coast to rendezvous with a foreign buyer to exchange the cargo for a large sum of money."

"You are going to be flown to Boston where this meeting is to take place. From our intel sources in the CIA, we have narrowed down the list of ships that the missiles are going to be loaded on at the harbor to one of three small merchant ships that are set to sail on the morning tide." He then lay another photo, this one of the docks where the meeting is set to take place, followed by a pic of another man. "This is the suspected buyer, a known terrorist named Al-Kahar, is expected to be there in person to make the buy. He has been linked to bombings in Paris, Brussels and London. A real nasty piece of work."

"We cannot allow these missiles to fall into the hands of Al-Kahar, or any other terrorist. Your priority is to recover the missiles. If that is not possible, destroy them. All other considerations are secondary. You are free to use whatever strategy and tactics you see fit to accomplish your assignment."

"Do you have any questions?"

Tigress nods. "Yes, sir. Are we required to make our effort to stop the purchase of the missiles at the harbor? It seems that we may be facing off against several gunmen if we do that. Is it possible to locate and engage the truck with the Stingers at a different point?"

Hyena looked over the satellite photos, rubbing his chin. "Do we know if this Hudson is working alone currently? If so, intercepting him before the drop would certainly be the most expedient. Also, do we know the affiliation of the harbor itself?" He asked, the gears turning in his head.

"As a fail safe, we should plant a charge on the hull of each of the three ships. Orca can do that easily. If we can not get to the weapons, we can scuttle the ships remotely before they leave the bay. A scuba team can recover the stingers, and coastguard can apprehend those floating out in the water, and rescue the innocent from the other boats. It is not the ideal scenario, but it is a guaranteed success should all other plans run into unforeseen complications. With the added bonus that Al-Kahar can be taken in for interrogation. If he can swim or doesn't off himself on the water."

Hyena pointed at the harbor pictures, "Let's find the dimensions of the harbor and what sorts of merchant ships are there. If time permits, we can narrow down which ship it is by getting there early and looking at the logs and manifests, and inspecting the ships ourselves if need be. But it is likely Al-Kahar's mooks will make it pretty obvious."

"Odds are the ships will be docked close enough I can teleport between them. If we can infiltrate before hand, I can find predetermined spots we can get in without being seen. Tigress and me can infiltrate the ships. Me to get her in, and her to phase through and find the stingers. Orca can take Tigress underwater if I have no safe venue inside, she can go through the bottom of the ship. I can use her body cam to go to her and get the stingers out. Then we exfiltrate and scuttle the ship. Orca underwater, and Soren prepared for support should a firefight break out, and spotting for us while we are inside."

"If we can find the van early, even better. But if we are not sure of success in that venture, it is better we focus on the Intel we have verified. A goose chase will leave us less time to prepare for anything involving the harbor."

Last edited:
Tigress nods in agreement with Hyena. "We know that the van with the missiles will be at the dock. Trying to find it out in the heart of the city will cause multiple problems, along with the risk of innocent bystanders. I believe that the best option will be to make our strike at the time the terrorists are ready to take the missiles. We knock them all out of the action, take the Stingers, and all that will be left to do is write up the after action reports. We have multiple ways to set up an ambush, either with my phasing or Hyena's teleports, so we have lots of options available." She looks over at the officers in the room and asks, "If we can capture this Al-Kahar figure, what do we do with him? Will we be turning him over to the Army, FBI, or local law enforcement?"

The major is about to respond when the general cuts him off. She asks, "What part of this mission don't these things understand? Priority one is to retrieve the missiles. If that is not possible, destroy them. Everything else is secondary to that. If this Alpha Team is unable to do this, perhaps I should just rely upon the Rangers that are on standby."

Dr. McKenna shakes his head. "Uh, that will not be necessary, General. This team is more than capable of completing the mission, I assure you."

The woman leans back in her seat. "You had best hope so if you wish your funding to continue." Gen. Pellington stands, and with a nod of her head she gathers up the soldiers standing guard behind her and heads for the door. The major looks over at the team and says, "You have fourteen hours to get into position and recover the Stingers. Make it happen." He then hurries after his superior officer.

After the door shuts, Soren looks at the others. "Well. That was . . . interesting. To say the least."

"Revealing, I'd say. I don't think she likes us or the projects very much. Especially when we already guaranteed her success on this cake job. She is probably looking for a reason to not fund us, I'd go as far to wager that it was her superiors that wanted to see what we can do, and that she wont be all that pleased when we succeed. After all, this is something any SEAL team could handle easily enough."

Hyena flipped through the photos again. "We can turn the terrorist and Hudson over to the Navy. They should already be on standby with the Coast Guard. Brass can sort it out from there. But we only have fourteen hours. Let's find the quickest transport. Get our gear, wetsuits, and some limpet mines. We can hash out the details and make the relevant calls we need on the flight there. This will be easier than we what we were gonna do today."

Soren grabs a picture and looks down at it. "I'm in, so long as I get to use my grenade launcher. Sounds like fun."

With the briefing over, the word goes out to get the various bits of gear loaded up into the trucks to be taken to the airport for a flight out to Boston. It is not going to be a long wait. There is already a special transport plane fueled up and ready to go, just waiting for its passengers. A pair of large armored Hum-Vees with tinted windows is your ride to the airport, and will be your means of getting around Boston to keep you under the radar and out of sight.

As you are flying in, the Hercules transport aircraft has a wide variety of weapons and gear available to you, giving you an excellent selection to choose from. Please post here what kind of weapons or grenades you wish to pack on you from the Lore tab, keeping in mind issues of bulk and carrying capacity. Any special gear requests can be made here also, be it mines to place on the ships in the harbor, Night Vision Goggles or encrypted throat microphones to communicate without being overheard.

I'd like to take my standard gear, but with the addition of four hand grenades: two Fragmentation and two Concussive ones. Also, can we get Armor Piercing rounds for our weapons?

Night vision goggles, encrypted communications systems, and can we acquire any kind of motion detectors like in the movie Aliens?

6 pd/6 Ed Flak Vest 14- Activation

Arbir (Two Handed Pole Arm) 1d6 HKA (1 1/2d6 with Str / 4d6+1) +1m Reach, Collapsible
AAI CAWS Shotgun +1 Ocv, 3d6 RKA, +1 Stun Multiplier, 12 shots, 2H, AE1, AF3, IPE
.44 Automag Pistol 2d6 RKA, +1 Stun Multiplier, 7 shots

Users who are viewing this thread

Back