• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Principle Journey OOC 2020

I plan to have Kirva do something wack, but I'll need control over someone else's character, just for a bit. Preferably the dwarf, lol.

If anyone is up for it, please let me know.

I rolled some dice. WIth those results combined with yours we should be done with this battle.

Since you have something in mind, I'll let you post the results of the battles end. You can write for my OC in IC that Kirva and Seles double-teamed on the last Globgrun or use the rolls I did as your own.

I would write another combat post, but I wanted someone else to finish up this battle. That way I can segway into the next part of the story the next time I post. Plus it's almost bedtime for me :)

Fred Colon Fred Colon
Reinhardt Reinhardt
Orikanyo Orikanyo
Sul_Silver Sul_Silver
ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian
thespacekid thespacekid

Let me know how you felt about the DICE combat system now that you have read and seen how it can be used.
This particular engagement is fairly easy, Player controlled NPC allows a lot of freedom and people can pretty much fend for themselves.
For this little battle everyones stats were the same. But as time goes on, you will want to build your character a specific way, the classic rpg classes so to speak. For that, we'll need to explore more of the combat system, but more on that later.

I think I'mma just bow oiut, got abit on my plate at the moment. have a good one folks.

Hey all! I'm sorry I've been more absent as of late. Unfortunately I'll have to take my leave for now 😔
Hope ya'll have a good one.

Damn, guess I missed out on all the action huh?

Don't worry you'll have plenty of opportunity. The main thing is you got to try out the dice, and from the looks of it, you know what you're doing.
This was mostly a practice for bigger and better engagements.

Fred Colon Fred Colon
Reinhardt Reinhardt
Sul_Silver Sul_Silver

IC post is up, with post-battle results. Good job to everyone regarding the use of dice mechanics. I really want to let people use Artes in the next engagement, we may come sooner than later, but I'll need to approve anyone who has not submitted a lvl 1 Arte at the least.

Hi Shin. So I've been stalking this for a while, hope you still remember me from our Mangafox days.

Can I reprise my old character or do I make a new one?

Hi Shin. So I've been stalking this for a while, hope you still remember me from our Mangafox days.

Can I reprise my old character or do I make a new one?

Hey there! Long time now see. Like really long time. Anyway yes that would be super if you could rejoin the journey. If you still have your old character we can place the OC back in, although you'll have to start with beginning stats if that's okay.

Hey Guys, so I took a little time to review everyones lvl 1 Artes, in preparation for another future battles. Please have a look below where I tagged your name.

Arte level 1
Name of Arte: Shock
Type: Phenomenon
Description: fires a jolt of electricity to a target causing a little damage but paralysis a target for a few seconds
Elemental: Lightning
Price: 5 Token points
Cost: 6 SE
CCA: 3

So let's be more exact with the DESCRIPTION part so that we can know exactly how it affects the target. It this case the paralysis should cause 1 HP of DMG. It should also affect maybe ATK dice by limiting 1 roll per turn. So e.g. a monster that has 6 ATK dice gets HIT by Phera's Shock would limit its next attack with dice to 5 ATK Dice. Then it would return back to normal afterward.

============================================================================================================================================

Fred Colon Fred Colon

Arte level 1
Name of Arte: Armor Piercing Rounds
Type: ATK
Description: Merin loads his gun, Gudrid, with homemade armor piercing rounds and fires them at the target.
Elemental: Earth

So everything is fine with your setup here. I just wanted to make sure you understand the difference between standard ammunition and vs using ammunition for artes.
Standard ammunition can be viewed as simple ATK dice rolls for now.
Ammunition using artes does more damage and has a SE cost.
normal bullets and magic bullets.

============================================================================================================================================

Reinhardt Reinhardt

Arte level 1
Name of Arte: Crimson Crest
Type: EHM
Description: Kirva augments her next set of attacks with a vibrant flame, allowing her to scorch her targets should her strikes connect.
Elemental: Fire

So if we're looking to scrorch a target without the use of PNM we should increase the Damage of ATK dice. I would suggest any 3 successful ATK HITs should do 2x damage until rolls are exhausted. If e.g. you roll 5 ATK but only 2 are HITS, you still have 1 remaining for the next time you initiate an attack.

Sul_Silver Sul_Silver

Arte level 1
Name of Arte: Sparking Light
Type: ATK
Description: The user quickly attacks the target with a lightning bolt. The bolt does medium damage and creates a lot of light. Requires a Wand or Staff to be cast. Alternatively, a semi-skilled mage could use their bare hands to cast it.
Elemental: Lightning

Looks good. Just FYI ATK artes do the same amount of damage no matter the arte. It also progresses as the levels get higher. You can calculate the damage done by an ATK arte by the amount of CCA it requires.

e.g.: Level 4 artes = 12 CCA = 12 DMG to HP

I forgot you dont have an arte developed yet.
If you want to work on them, you can focus primarily on lvl 1 for now, most of the others have done so. That way I can Evaluate and approve the arte for use in combat.

Here's a defense arte that I quickly cooked up. Hope it isn't too strong or rule-breaking. Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser
Arte level 1
Name of Arte: Ionic Shield
Type: DEF
Description: Brynjar channels electricity into a circular shape in front of him, stopping incoming attacks. The 'shield' is limited in size, being only 110 cm (43.3 inch) diameter. Brynjar does NOT require a normal shield in order to channel his electric one. He can only cast it in front of himself, it cannot be given to someone else. It can be touched but will do no harm however you cannot pass through it.
Elemental: Lightning.

Alright. Time to cook up our lovely Lanarkian Ice Woman then. I do a bit of tweaks.

Quick question. Is this RP a soft reboot? If not, then Ria gets to maintain her criminal reputation along with Ukoku, Sennin's OC.

If yes, how much adjustments do I need to make? I dont mond starting from the begining though.

So if we're looking to scrorch a target without the use of PNM we should increase the Damage of ATK dice. I would suggest any 3 successful ATK HITs should do 2x damage until rolls are exhausted. If e.g. you roll 5 ATK but only 2 are HITS, you still have 1 remaining for the next time you initiate an attack.

Sounds good to me.

Here's a defense arte that I quickly cooked up. Hope it isn't too strong or rule-breaking. Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser
Arte level 1
Name of Arte: Ionic Shield
Type: DEF
Description: Brynjar channels electricity into a circular shape in front of him, stopping incoming attacks. The 'shield' is limited in size, being only 110 cm (43.3 inch) diameter. Brynjar does NOT require a normal shield in order to channel his electric one. He can only cast it in front of himself, it cannot be given to someone else. It can be touched but will do no harm however you cannot pass through it.
Elemental: Lightning.

Your Arte is APPROVED, please be sure to update your CS post :)

Alright. Time to cook up our lovely Lanarkian Ice Woman then. I do a bit of tweaks.

Quick question. Is this RP a soft reboot? If not, then Ria gets to maintain her criminal reputation along with Ukoku, Sennin's OC.

If yes, how much adjustments do I need to make? I dont mond starting from the begining though.

Soft Reboot. Pretty much most of the events from the previous RPs are canon. Peoples OC's is optional. So if you want to bring back Ria, we can do so. The only thing is that her combat stats start back at basics. I tried to pm other old players when I restarted a while back, but it could be their accounts are just not frequented.

That solves my problem! I'd finish her within 48 hours.

So since she's branded a criminal, what else do you need me to know?

What year is it in the IC too? 997 or 998?

Last edited:
That solves my problem! I'd finish her within 48 hours.

So since she's branded a criminal, what else do you need me to know?

What year is it in the IC too? 997 or 998?

Year is 997 CYAD

This RP is more of the Standard Mission/story trope rather than the Journeying type we did back on MF. The story is a mis-matched group of mercs and adventurers help with the War effort.

The old RP focused more on the gathering of the artifacts for the Requestor with the War as a side note.

Guys, where can I find the Classes like Mage etc? The page I meant.
I refined the combat system a little, or I should say rebuilt and made it better but more complicated.

for mage base stats, its on the CS.

Mage:
Description:
Mages always guard your back. Although not on the frontlines Mages support their allies with great prowess in support and showering the enemy with grand Artes from long distances. Count on them to use specialized artes and healing to turn the tide of any battle.
Elemental Affinity: Fire / Ice / Lightning / Wood
Types of Artes: ATK / SPT / HEAL / FLD
Base Stats: HP: 4 / SE: 25 / CCA: 3 /

If you go to the first post in the OOC thread, you'll find all the information pertaining to CS and other player resources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back