• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Principle Journey OOC 2020

Shin Positron Laser

Guardian of the Old Ways
Welcome to the OoC for the Principle Journey RP

planet.jpg

Player Roster

Fred Colon Fred Colon
Reinhardt Reinhardt
Sul_Silver Sul_Silver HIATUS
ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian
Slav Slav

Inactive Players
oldbadname oldbadname
thespacekid thespacekid
Orikanyo Orikanyo
Jellal Jellal
Jack Rakan Jack Rakan
Useful Thread links Below

Player Posting Threads
===================================================
The Principle Journey Interest Check
The interested check thread posts found here
The Principle Journey IC
In-Character thread. Approved characters may post here
==============================================
The Principle Journey OOC

General chat thread about life, Roleplay, questions comments etc!
The Principle Journey Journal Entries
This thread contains Synopsis regarding past and present storylines
The Principle Journey Character Approval
Character Sheets found here and where approved Characters can be posted
The Principle Journey Combat Dice Thread
Please use this thread for any dice roles regarding combat gameplay

Player Lore Threads
The Principle Journey Time, Places and History
World Locations, Countries, cities, oceans etc and World Calendar
The Principle Journey Transport and Technology
This thread contains all technology and means of transportation
The Principle Journey LIFE Encyclopedia
Plants and animals thread. Submission forms for players creations as well
The Principle Journey Organizations and Peoples
Races, Organizations, religions informations thread

Player Systems Threads
The Principle Journey Engagement Scenarios
Engagement Scenario posts, changes and updates
The Principle Journey Training Grounds
Purchase upgrades and items for your OC here
The Principle Journey Combat System and DICE Stats
How to; use game systems and mechanics
The Principle Journey Artes Creations
How to create artes? Super detailed
The Principle Journey Statistics and Upgrades list
View your OCs current statistics and items held
==============================================
The Principle Journey Purchase List

Legacy IC thread 2015

Legacy IC Thread 2016

Legacy IC Thread 2017

Legacy OoC Thread

Last edited:
oldbadname oldbadname
Hi there!
Thanks for submitting your Character sheet for the Principle Journey RP.
I will go over your submission and if there is any comments or questions you will be able to find them inside the QUOTE
as BLUE and BOLD text.

What do you expect from RP's?:
I expect some level of competence in writing, but that does not mean that I expect other people to be a super genius. I want completed thoughts. I also want some level of creative freedom too, allowing me and anyone else to improvise *something*. I am not saying to allow anything, there are some things that should not be rp'ed using this idea as a crutch. Just some sort of creative commons.
Is the answer to the above question your expectation of this RP? Please Explain: Simply put, yes. Let's have fun with it though. I am willing to conform to a type of rp.
What kind of Experience do you have in Roleplaying?: Many years. I've always preferred 1v1 rp's, but am willing to put in for a group rp too.
What genres of Roleplay do you like? : Fantasy and Sci-fi. Heavy escapism.
What times are you available? : I am pretty open all day right now, Corona and all. Being stuck inside all day has perks.
How long on average are you on? : I don't know right now. I just rejoined recently.
How many posts a week do you think you can make? : Good question... many?
Are you willing to contribute in World building? Please Explain : I am very willing to contribute. I love to improvise that sort of thing. I love world-building in general.
Would you be willing to play a role already setup? : Definitely.
Would you be willing to play an Antagonist? : Hehe... yes. I love playing the bad guy. I am a firm believer that a true antagonist is not evil for evil's sake, and I put a lot of effort into giving my villains a reason for their delusions.
Would you be willing to GM certain events? : That's fine, I have some experience GM'ing rp events. However, those were only done without a combat system. If we are implementing a combat system, I think I will need more time.
Would you like to participate in character points system? : I suppose. I don't have experience in stats systems in rp's (or at least ones that matter).
Would you to battle with the RP battle system or no?: That's fine, I don't have experience with combat systems in rp's though.

General Traits

Character Role: (to be decided)
Character Name:
Dodere Omarata
Meaning of Name: "Healthy boy of the house of Omar"
Alias: "Flower Kid"
Race: Human

Appearance
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 180lbs, 81.6 kgs
Hair: Long, straight, blonde hair
Eyes: Dull greenish-blue.
Body Marks: Deep scars on both shoulders, callused hands, maybe some light scars on the forehead almost healed.

Biography

Birth Place: (Locations provided soon.)
Date of Birth: 977 CYAD
Nationality: NORTHERNER
Personality: A hard worker that wants more out of life. Has a strong belief that the world has a hidden voice that only those who get close to nature can listen to.
2 Positive Traits: Hard worker, survivalist
2 Negative Traits: Uncultured, close-minded
Weaknesses: He tries to do things he knows nothing about, often taking a hands-on approach in an effort to learn, however, this can backfire in situations where a professional is needed. He doesn't like to admit he can't do something.
History: Growing up in a poor farming community, Dodere quickly learned what it meant to be wanted: if you can't do it, get out of the way so someone else can. Not being useful at something was almost a sin itself. At a young age, he would talk to flowers, saying that he would have conversations with them, and understood what they wanted. This quality was quickly beaten out of him, even though he still claims to hear the flowers speak.
After growing into a powerful young man, Dodere realized that he wanted to do more than farm his whole life. He needed to take his talents elsewhere. He needed to learn the struggles of others and to help them.
Life Skills: Farming, hard work, wood-chopping, basic cooking, insect control, pest control, digging, well-digging.
Talks to flowers, not that helpful.
Material Possessions:
A farming scythe, a bag of basic necessities including a water moccasin and a few rations. He has a necklace from his grandmother, and a hand-held sieve from his father. He has some twine and the clothes on his back. A sewing needle.
Clothing and Attire:
Basic cloth and leather. Thin cloth vest, long cloth pants, and heavy leather boots. The vest is a maroonish color and has decorative buttons made from bone. The pants are a dark green color, also with a single functioning bone button. The leather boots are basic.
Personal Items:
A necklace and a sieve. The sieve is unused because Dodere doesn't know how to use it, but plans to use it at some point.
Combat Section (Optional for those who wish to combat using the game system.)

Character Class:
The Character Class Helps to determine the affinity your character has to certain Elements. It also shows what the Types of artes you can use.These Classes are purely for OoC purposes and have no meaning in the IC. You may choose to have your character behave or act like your class is described. The Character Class' are as follows, Please choose one and delete the rest: Combateer.

Combateer:
Description:
Combateers concentrate on close range combat, and are masters of attack and defense. They are self reliant always having others depend on them rather than vice versa. While they excel both in group and single combat, when engaging large numbers it may take some time to deal with all opponents.
Elements Affinity: Fire / Earth / Ice / Steel
Types of Artes: ATK / DEF / EHM / SPT
Base Stats: HP: 6 / SE: 15 / CCA: 3 /

Special Ability: An ability that can be used outside of combat and is another facet of defining your character.
Whispers on the Wind: Given some time to talk to the flowers, Dodere can learn one rumor about the surrounding area. This requires Dodere to be relaxed, not in combat, and alone for an hour. Probably a two-day cooldown.

Personal Artes: For a detailed explanation on Artes please go to this
Overview:
Arte level : Level of your arte
Name of Arte: The name so that you can mark in down in the IC when used. Can also be what you yell in battle.
Type: Choose one of the types that are made available by your Class
Description: Please describe what it may be like in IC, as well as what happens OoC
Elemental: Choose from the ten elements
Price: The amount of Token points needed to unlock this arte and use it in battle.
Cost: The amount of SE ( spirit energy ) that is required in IC to use in battle.
CCA: The amount of CCA ( Combat Character Actions ) that is required in IC to use in Battle
* Please do not change any of the numerical values on the sheet as they are fixed for all players.

Arte level 1
Name of Arte: Harvestor
Type: ATK
Description: A single wide slash that attacks the surrounding area. AOE damage surrounding Dodere. Must have a bladed weapon to activate and to deal damage.
Elemental: Steel
Price: 5 Token points
Cost: 6 SE
CCA: 3

Arte level 2
Name of Arte: (TBD)
Type:
Description:
Elemental:
Price: 10 Token points
Cost: 12 SE
CCA: 6

Arte level 3
Type:
Description:
Elemental:
Price: 15 Token points
Cost: 18 SE
CCA: 9

Arte level 4
Type:
Description:
Elemental:
Price: 20 Token points
Cost: 24 SE
CCA: 12

Arte level 5
Type:
Description:
Elemental:
Price: 25 Token points
Cost: 30 SE
CCA: 15

@ me if more information is needed.

That was pretty easy to approve. I like your approach to making characters.
The combat section can be filled out as we go so no need to worry about that for now.
With regards to your comments on creative freedom. Here's how I usually go about GMing RPs.

I usually create the Main storyline
Subplots I work with different players because I mostly use them to help their character grow.
Anything regarding their character is theirs to control without a doubt.

This character sheet is

APPROVED

Fear has overtaken me.

Orikanyo Orikanyo

Welcome Back.
It's always nice to have a veteran and experienced player among our midst.

Okay. So like it was before I'll evaluate the CS and place my comments in the QUOTE
Blue and BOLD text!
What do you expect from RP's? :Proper story and folks who wont damn flake.
Is the answer to the above question your expectation of this RP? Please Explain : Yes, knowing you Shin you got the first part in spades. second part is up to us.
What kind of Experience do you have in Roleplaying? : Alot, over a decade.
What genres of Roleplay do you like? : Fantasy, anime, whatever strikes my interest
What times are you available? : 7 am-10pm EST
How long on average are you on? : Often throughout the day.
How many posts a week do you think you can make? : 7
Are you willing to contribute in World building? Please Explain : Yea I'm ready to help, typically I can think about stuff outside the box, what use is a place without udnerstanding HOW people live there? Whats the communal tongue like? Any beloved stories or places? What is their humor like.
Would you be willing to play a role already setup? : Sure.
Would you be willing to play an Antagonist? : Double sure
Would you be willing to GM certain events? : I can if needed, I have experience in such.
Would you like to participate in character points system? : Hell yeah.
Would you to battle with the RP battle system or no? Heaven yes.

Lol that's right no damn flaking. Actually most of the time, because previously we had pretty solid players, everyone would at least let me know they are losing interest or not going to post anymore. That kind of courtesy is amazing. And even though its sad to see someone leave I do respect them a whole lot more when they say it. No shame in that.

General Traits

Character Picture:
View attachment 698378
Character Role: Friendly Uncle
Character Name: Octavian
Meaning of Name: With no family name this labels the man as a bastard and an untaken orphan
Alias: Dog Eater

Appearance
Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 169 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Dark green
Body Marks: Numerous scars from older battles, not alot of new ones since his early retirement, plenty more to come he says, since he came out of it.

Biography

Birth Place: Locations provided soon.
LINK is up ^^
Date of Birth:
Personality: A jolly fellow, if his banter and jokes come off abit hollow. He gives off airs of giving to much care when it comes to bigger and heavier topics, he gives them the respect they require of course but he never seems to show off a great deal of attachment to anything going on. He is rather frugal with his money and always seems to have a stockpile of food and sweets around in his usual little hiding places. Always seems to be either smoking or chewing on something, despite, so he says, the insistence he stop from old friends.

He is a master at making fufilling meals from the worst of ingredients. Keep in mind, fufilling is not always tasty, nor dose it always look good. But it fills, and more importantly stays in, the belly. To him, food is everything. Tied with his boundless patience, he is well capable of outlasting most if not all things.
2 Positive Traits:
Very resilient
Cunning and relentless of a caged tiger.
2 Negative Traits:
Often comes off brazen and patronizing.
Quick to anger against those claiming superiority.
Weaknesses:
His own mental well being.
Dogs.
History: As a young man, this boy had nothing to his name save his body and faithful companion. A dog named Hussel, a friend he found also living on the streets as he did, they kept each other warm, despite having no fire, they kept each other happy, despite having no family, they were as close as one can be. But war, war has it's way of calling people to fight it. And being a strong young man, he was but one of the countless who signed up for that meager promise of filthy lucre and food. And oh did they eat, he of course shared his ration with Hussel, who was more than happy to have new friends and food.

Life was good for awhile, Octavian and Hussel showed to be a good enough pair in fighting to not separate, Hussel even showed promise during fights as Octavian preferred the longspear. the work was also rather lucrative, as the two were favorites to send out as scouts or for simple skirmishes. Though, this sadly came to an end as it usually did, the mercenary company got a job to hold a keep until a proper force can come to relieve them from their position. This information, that a smaller force was in the keep, did not go un-noted by the enemy in question.

This topic however is one that Octavian dose not wish to dwell on to much, to put it simply, the keep was indeed held, but with only one surviving man was found when the forces came to join the effort. not a single enemy troop entered the gates for long, and even allies returning to help found the keep had been turned into a death trap of confounding proportions. traps utilizing dead enemy and allies weaponry, broken or not, stones from the wall broken free for deadly falling objects, heads of dead men littered on stakes to dissuade any attackers.

More than a few done up in a blood eagle.

The smell was that of a corpse pit, and standing atop of a flight of stairs, biting off the last bit of meat off his lost beloved best friend's leg bone was Octavian, glaring down upon the armored men with wild eyes and bloody clothes.

He was given the pay of the company as the last living member and immediately went into retirement. he laid low for many years, until the money ran out, and thus he returns to the only thing he truly knows now.
Double negative??? lol
Life Skills:

Trap making, how to outlast a siege, how to fight against groups of enemies, hunting, fishing, suffering with addictions, how to forget, how to eat pretty much anything.
Material Possessions
Clothing and Attire:
Clothes as you see them above.
Extra pairs of underwear and socks.
Longspear
Personal Items:

Supply of smokes, supply of sweets, camping gear, violin hes trying to learn.
Smoking via pipe I assume. It seems more appropriate to the RP than a pack of wrapped tobacco haha

Character Class:

Combateer:
Description:
Combateers concentrate on close range combat, and are masters of attack and defense. They are self reliant always having others depend on them rather than vice versa. While they excel both in group and single combat, when engaging large numbers it may take some time to deal with all opponents.

Special Ability: Resilience, to withstand against all that ails or stands against you. Reduces damage taken by one to a minimum of one. Can withstand the harshest life can give.
So for this Resilience ability are we able to make it more specific? For example, resilience to environmental conditions? Or from intake into the body, poisons, liquors, drugs.

Overview:
Name of Arte: The name so that you can mark in down in the IC when used. Can also be what you yell in battle.
Description: Please describe what it may be like in IC, as well as what happens OoC
Price: The amount of Token points needed to unlock this arte and use it in battle.
Cost: The amount of SE ( spirit energy ) that is required in IC to use in battle.
CCA: The amount of CCA ( Combat Character Actions ) that is required in IC to use in Battle
* Please do not change any of the numerical values on the sheet as they are fixed for all players.
Arte level 1
Name of Arte:
Type DEF
Description: Attempts to parry the next incoming blow with the blade of the weapon, forcing the attacker off balance.

Arte level 2
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

Arte level 3
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

Arte level 4
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

fArte level 5
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

There is just the Special Ability for clarification.

Fear of what may I ask?
You CS is ready for review!
Yes, and sparking much fear, it is darker than my last, but nonetheless he is good for another journey.

Like a used car thats been in a crash once.

Yes, and sparking much fear, it is darker than my last, but nonetheless he is good for another journey.

Like a used car thats been in a crash once.

Use that fear!

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
Your turn friend!

With regards your inquiry about being an heir to the kingdoms.
Here is a brief summary and my recommendations.

The continent had 6 kingdows at one time. One large island kingdom was conquered and now is controlled by an elite Combat College.
The current war is the result of 1 antagonistic kingdom, Lanark. Lanark is shrouded in mystery so that is also out.
The remaining kingdoms all have their royal lines in tact unfortunately.

I recommend a character that is related to the higher nobility like Welwyn Kingdoms Honor Families who are the ones that run the kingdom.
Or a good back up is Adanaque Kingdoms Royal family, who's powers were passed on to Regents to expedite decisions. Those locations also help because there are colonies of elves near there.

All this is in the lore link under Organizations and Peoples. The first post. Please have a read.

Comments and questions will show up inside the QUOTE
BLUE and BOLD Text

What do you expect from RP's? : Some level of writing competency and well-thought-out and creative brief with encouragement of participants to be creative as well with their characters and story.
Is the answer to the above question your expectation of this RP? Please Explain : It certainly seems so, developed lore and plenty of space for characters.
What kind of Experience do you have in Roleplaying? : Around a dozen years of rping in various genres whether in group or 1 x 1, a good knowledge of history which is always a good draw for inspiration in my experience, fair knowledge for fantasy and scifi fandoms
What genres of Roleplay do you like? : I dabble in pretty much all genres
What times are you available? : Mostly late afternoons and evening (GMT)
How long on average are you on? : a couple of hours of writing but keep track of RPs almost constantly
How many posts a week do you think you can make? : Attempt to do at least once daily if factors permit.
Are you willing to contribute in World building? Please Explain : Sure, i find its one of the most fun parts of doing such things.
Would you be willing to play a role already setup? : Yes
Would you be willing to play an Antagonist? : Yes
Would you be willing to GM certain events? : Sure
Would you like to participate in character points system? : Sure
Would you to battle with the RP battle system or no? Sure

General Traits

Character Picture:
f8d945bc6bfe166229fcf4d084a78254.jpg

Character Role: Offensive Caster
Character Name: Phera Imrae Pentacost
Meaning of Name: Roughly "Crown Jewel of the Five Eagles"
Alias: Lone Eagle (TBD open to suggestion)
Race: Elven blooded Human
Elven blooded Human is perfect. Even half-elves are long lived. So a distant descended works great. And can have certain distant abilities of the elves themselves. Awesome discretion.

Appearance
Height: 6ft 1in
Weight: 70kg
Hair: red
Eyes: Violet
Body Marks: see pictures.

Biography

Date of Birth: Current year is 997 CYAD, you must count back from it LINK
Nationality: NORTHERNER ( DEFAULT )
Personality:
2 Positive Traits:
2 Negative Traits:
Weaknesses:
History:
Life Skills:

Material Possessions

Clothing and Attire:

Personal Items:

Character Class:

Mage:
Description:
Mages always guard your back. Although not on the frontlines Mages support their allies with great prowess in support and showering the enemy with grand Artes from long distances. Count on them to use specialized artes and healing to turn the tide of any battle.
Elemental Affinity: Fire / Ice / Lightning / Wood
Types of Artes: ATK / SPT / HEAL / FLD
Base Stats: HP: 4 / SE: 25 / CCA: 3 /

Special Ability: An ability that can be used outside of combat and is another facet of defining your character.

Overview:

Arte level 1
Name of Arte:
Type
Description:
Elemental:

Arte level 2
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

Arte level 3
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

Arte level 4
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

Arte level 5
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

Would it be possible to play the last line of family that once ruled one of the northern kingdoms but were dethroned in a War of the Roses type scenario? The family once great and heroic losing fame and members by constant war to regain their throne (which may or may not be part of the 500 year war?

I will wait for you to finish up your CS. Thank you for your submission

Oh he is done by the by, hidden in that spoiler.

BASIC INFO
What do you expect from RP's? : A fun, engaging experience for both myself and my party.
Is the answer to the above question your expectation of this RP? Please Explain : Yes, this seems like it has a lot of effort put behind it. I dig it.
What kind of Experience do you have in Roleplaying? : Veteran
What genres of Roleplay do you like? : Fantasy, Sci-Fi
What times are you available? : Most days past the late afternoons.
How long on average are you on? : 3-4 Hours, give or take.
How many posts a week do you think you can make? : I can post consistently each day.
Are you willing to contribute in World building? Please Explain : Yes, I have experience with worldbuilding from personal projects.
Would you be willing to play a role already setup? : I'm fine with that.
Would you be willing to play an Antagonist? : Oh yeah.
Would you be willing to GM certain events? : Yes.
Would you like to participate in character points system? : Yes.
Would you to battle with the RP battle system or no? Sure.

KAYNO.gif

GENERAL TRAITS
Character Role: N/A
Character Name: Kayno (Nakurama Family)
Meaning of Name: Spirit of Water
Alias: Kay

APPEARANCE
Height: 6'3
Weight: 170 lbs.
Hair: Dark
Eyes: Bright Blue
Body Marks: None

BIOGRAPHY
Birth Place: Nakago Island, The Eastern Union
Date of Birth: 973 CYAD
Nationality: Easterner
Personality:
Upbeat, goes with the flow
(2) Positive Traits: Silver-Tongued, Confident
(2) Negative Traits: Headstrong, Poor-planner
Weaknesses: Heights
History: IN PROGRESS --
Operative of the EU Admiralty
Life Skills: Expert Fisherman, Expert Sailor

POSSESSIONS:
Clothing and Attire: Generally will be a wearing a dark military uniform, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He also wears the signature white scarf of EU operatives.
Personal Items: Black-hilted Katana, Military Rations, Portable Barrel of Water

CHARACTER CLASS:
WAVEBREAKER
Description: Deadly, blade-wielding spellcasters from the Eastern islands. They utilize water to both enhance their own attacks and abilities as well as treat their injuries.
Elemental Affinity: Water | Heal | Steel

Types of Artes: ATK | SPT | HEAL
Base Stats: HP- 4 | SE- 15 | CCA- 3

SPECIAL ABILITY: Kayno is able to walk on water and even fight on it if necessary.

--ARTES--
ARTE LEVEL 1
Name of Arte: Wave Cannon
Type: SPT
Description: Kayno gathers a large amount of water around his forearm before firing it at an enemy. Hits a single target for blunt damage, chance of throwing the target off balance.
Elemental: Water

ARTE LEVEL 2
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

ARTE LEVEL 3
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

ARTE LEVEL 4
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

ARTE LEVEL 5
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

Last edited:
What do you expect from RP's? :Proper story and folks who wont damn flake.
Is the answer to the above question your expectation of this RP? Please Explain : Yes, knowing you Shin you got the first part in spades. second part is up to us.
What kind of Experience do you have in Roleplaying? : Alot, over a decade.
What genres of Roleplay do you like? : Fantasy, anime, whatever strikes my interest
What times are you available? : 7 am-10pm EST
How long on average are you on? : Often throughout the day.
How many posts a week do you think you can make? : 7
Are you willing to contribute in World building? Please Explain : Yea I'm ready to help, typically I can think about stuff outside the box, what use is a place without udnerstanding HOW people live there? Whats the communal tongue like? Any beloved stories or places? What is their humor like.
Would you be willing to play a role already setup? : Sure.
Would you be willing to play an Antagonist? : Double sure
Would you be willing to GM certain events? : I can if needed, I have experience in such.
Would you like to participate in character points system? : Hell yeah.
Would you to battle with the RP battle system or no? Heaven yes.

General Traits

Character Picture:
Hector4.png
Character Role: Friendly Uncle
Character Name: Octavian
Meaning of Name: With no family name this labels the man as a bastard and an untaken orphan
Alias: Dog Eater

Appearance
Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 169 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Dark green
Body Marks: Numerous scars from older battles, not alot of new ones since his early retirement, plenty more to come he says, since he came out of it.

Biography

Date of Birth: 967
Personality: A jolly fellow, if his banter and jokes come off abit hollow. He gives off airs of giving to much care when it comes to bigger and heavier topics, he gives them the respect they require of course but he never seems to show off a great deal of attachment to anything going on. He is rather frugal with his money and always seems to have a stockpile of food and sweets around in his usual little hiding places. Always seems to be either smoking or chewing on something, despite, so he says, the insistence he stop from old friends.

He is a master at making fufilling meals from the worst of ingredients. Keep in mind, fufilling is not always tasty, nor dose it always look good. But it fills, and more importantly stays in, the belly. To him, food is everything. Tied with his boundless patience, he is well capable of outlasting most if not all things.
2 Positive Traits:
Very resilient
Cunning and relentless of a caged tiger.
2 Negative Traits:
Often comes off brazen and patronizing.
Quick to anger against those claiming superiority.
Weaknesses:
His own mental well being.
Dogs.
History: As a young man, this boy had nothing to his name save his body and faithful companion. A dog named Hussel, a friend he found also living on the streets as he did, they kept each other warm, despite having no fire, they kept each other happy, despite having no family, they were as close as one can be. But war, war has it's way of calling people to fight it. And being a strong young man, he was but one of the countless who signed up for that meager promise of filthy lucre and food. And oh did they eat, he of course shared his ration with Hussel, who was more than happy to have new friends and food.

Life was good for awhile, Octavian and Hussel showed to be a good enough pair in fighting to not separate, Hussel even showed promise during fights as Octavian preferred the longspear. the work was also rather lucrative, as the two were favorites to send out as scouts or for simple skirmishes. Though, this sadly came to an end as it usually did, the mercenary company got a job to hold a keep until a proper force can come to relieve them from their position. This information, that a smaller force was in the keep, did not go un-noted by the enemy in question.

This topic however is one that Octavian dose not wish to dwell on to much, to put it simply, the keep was indeed held, but with only one surviving man was found when the forces came to join the effort. not a single enemy troop entered the gates for long, and even allies returning to help found the keep had been turned into a death trap of confounding proportions. traps utilizing dead enemy and allies weaponry, broken or not, stones from the wall broken free for deadly falling objects, heads of dead men littered on stakes to dissuade any attackers.

More than a few done up in a blood eagle.

The smell was that of a corpse pit, and standing atop of a flight of stairs, biting off the last bit of meat off his lost beloved best friend's leg bone was Octavian, glaring down upon the armored men with wild eyes and bloody clothes.

He was given the pay of the company as the last living member and immediately went into retirement. he laid low for many years, until the money ran out, and thus he returns to the only thing he truly knows now.
Life Skills:
Trap making, how to outlast a siege, how to fight against groups of enemies, hunting, fishing, suffering with addictions, how to forget, how to eat pretty much anything.
Material Possessions
Clothing and Attire:
Clothes as you see them above.
Extra pairs of underwear and socks.
Longspear
Personal Items:

Supply of smokes, supply of sweets, camping gear, violin hes trying to learn.

Character Class:

Combateer:
Description:

Special Ability: Resilience, to withstand against all that ails or stands against you. Reduces damage taken by one to a minimum of one. Can withstand the harshest life can give.

Overview:
Arte level 1
Name of Arte: Turn the blade
Type DEF
Description: Attempts to parry the next incoming blow with the blade of the weapon, forcing the attacker off balance.

Arte level 2
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

Arte level 3
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

Arte level 4
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

fArte level 5
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

Last edited:
I looked over Octavian's CS, and there are a couple of interesting things that caught my eye.

I find it very interesting that Octavian has tact, but it is almost like he has tact because he is expected to by others, and not because he cares himself. He understands the expectations that others set for him, but he can't bring himself to truly care. This leads me to believe that he tries to get on people's good side, and he doesn't want to fall behind, and yet the siege seems to have changed what he has viewed as important. It's no longer about politics, it's about survival. He simply uses the mask of caring to hide that he doesn't think that politics matter anymore. Perhaps during the siege, the line between enemy and ally blurred beyond recognition: the banners mean nothing anymore, everyone and anyone could be a threat to Octavian's health. I wonder if Octavian has trouble telling who is truly on his side?

He didn't seem to catch the skill of food making and eating before the war. Also, the fact that he has the skill of stomaching anything, and making good food out of any bad material leads me to believe that the siege has a little bit more than what was stated. Although I find it hard to believe that one man ate through a small army's rations, it does imply that he eventually had to eat some "unsavory" meals. I won't say much further, but maybe this had a massive impact on his mental health.
(Reread the cs after writing this small section, turns out it's not a theory, it's confirmed that he resorted to cannibalism. My bad. Still interesting the effect this might have had on him.)

Arte Level 1 has a description but no name. Was that intentional?

Ah bugger gotta fix that arte thing, but good on yea for the examination!

Oh, but it wasn't canibalism, it was his good ol doggo.

Though was tempted to go that way with the story.

Khemical Khemical
Hello there! Thanks for showing interest in this RP. Unfortunately you took the CS from before I had a chance to update the link. The other players took the Updated CS from Interest Check. This RP is focusing on people of the Northern Kingdoms, not the Eastern Union. That was for another RP. Sorry about that. Please re-submit your CS and I'll work on its approval asap

Orikanyo Orikanyo
CS is APPROVED

What do you expect from RP's? : Some level of writing competency and well-thought-out and creative brief with encouragement of participants to be creative as well with their characters and story.
Is the answer to the above question your expectation of this RP? Please Explain : It certainly seems so, developed lore and plenty of space for characters.
What kind of Experience do you have in Roleplaying? : Around a dozen years of rping in various genres whether in group or 1 x 1, a good knowledge of history which is always a good draw for inspiration in my experience, fair knowledge for fantasy and scifi fandoms
What genres of Roleplay do you like? : I dabble in pretty much all genres
What times are you available? : Mostly late afternoons and evening (GMT)
How long on average are you on? : a couple of hours of writing but keep track of RPs almost constantly
How many posts a week do you think you can make? : Attempt to do at least once daily if factors permit.
Are you willing to contribute in World building? Please Explain : Sure, i find its one of the most fun parts of doing such things.
Would you be willing to play a role already setup? : Yes
Would you be willing to play an Antagonist? : Yes
Would you be willing to GM certain events? : Sure
Would you like to participate in character points system? : Sure
Would you to battle with the RP battle system or no? Sure

General Traits

Character Picture:
f8d945bc6bfe166229fcf4d084a78254.jpg

Character Role: Offensive Caster
Character Name: Phera Imrae Pentacost
Meaning of Name: Roughly "Crown Jewel of the Five Eagles"
Alias: Among the elves is Etharaphon (Lightning Eagle
Race: Elven blooded Human

Appearance
Height: 6ft 1in
Weight: 70kg
Hair: red
Eyes: Violet
Body Marks: see pictures.

Biography

Birth Place: Elven Colony
Date of Birth: 28th Ventis 974 CYAD,
Personality:
Not the warmest person when initially met, mistrustful of new people with serious and snarky and sarcastic manner. She can be very critical of people and not afraid to voice her opinions. Still give her time you will see a heart gold behind the general bitchiness. Very dedicated those she considered close to and always looking out to do a good deed even if she appears reluctant or does not appear good in the onset. If you are really lucky you will see a more humorous and fun loving side, involving risky stuns and creative use of her magical abilities.
2 Positive Traits: Quick leaner, meticulous
2 Negative Traits: Initial unpleasant, taciturn
Weaknesses: Enclosed spaces
History: Born to the Penticost family once one of the Honor Families of the Welwyrn Kingdom, in charge of the military. Once renowned military prowess and famed deeds, the fell out favour and fell victim to court intrigue among families letting a once lower noble family to take over. Her family were either killed or exiled with her parents making their way to nearby elven colony which held distant relatives. They were reluctantly welcomed and soon Phera was born among them. A few years later the parents left to attempt to reclaim their position but never returned. Phera remained raised by the elves and slowly integrating as their own.
Life Skills: Some cooking skill, skilled in herbology

Material Possessions

Clothing and Attire:
8ec0cee6c2f4ab19b0b7679ecde05a13.png
Personal Items:
Kilij sword, bag of herbs and plants, elven staff, medallion baring the eagle crescent of the pentacost family

Character Class:

Mage:
Description:
Mages always guard your back. Although not on the frontlines Mages support their allies with great prowess in support and showering the enemy with grand Artes from long distances. Count on them to use specialized artes and healing to turn the tide of any battle.
Elemental Affinity: Fire / Ice / Lightning / Wood
Types of Artes: ATK / SPT / HEAL / FLD
Base Stats: HP: 4 / SE: 25 / CCA: 3 /

Overview:

Arte level 1
Name of Arte:
Type
Description:
Elemental:

Arte level 2
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

Arte level 3
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

Arte level 4
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

Arte level 5
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

I hope this works.

Last edited:
great i was sure i would have to change something. I wonder how far i can take Phera's living elven family since elves live for so long, like would a direct ancestor be possible, like great great grand parent. Not sure how much is going to play in the story just fun to think about.

lol in all honesty I was going to make some changes, but I decided to let things slide cause any retconning I would need to do seemed to create a good story.

It is very possible there is a living relative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back