• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Principle Journey OOC 2020

Fred Colon Fred Colon
Reinhardt Reinhardt
Orikanyo Orikanyo
Sul_Silver Sul_Silver
ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian
thespacekid thespacekid

Hey everyone I got a post up, No timeskip yet. I think I'll wait 24hrs before issuing that.

BTW does anyone want to learn how to use the combat and skill systems? Or shall we dispense with that.

I have not thrown any story curve balls cause I want to make sure who wants to be involved. If a good portion would like to try then I'll be happy to provide Combat training in another thread. We can try it out and if its not everyones cup of tea we can always do away with it later afterward.

Fred Colon Fred Colon
Reinhardt Reinhardt
Orikanyo Orikanyo
Sul_Silver Sul_Silver
thespacekid thespacekid

Hey everyone I got a post up, No timeskip yet. I think I'll wait 24hrs before issuing that.

BTW does anyone want to learn how to use the combat and skill systems? Or shall we dispense with that.

I have not thrown any story curve balls cause I want to make sure who wants to be involved. If a good portion would like to try then I'll be happy to provide Combat training in another thread. We can try it out and if its not everyones cup of tea we can always do away with it later afterward.
I'd certainly like a tutorial. It might add an interesting element.

Fred Colon Fred Colon
Reinhardt Reinhardt
Orikanyo Orikanyo
Sul_Silver Sul_Silver
thespacekid thespacekid

Up for the tutorial! The Artes had me quite interested.

Fred Colon Fred Colon
Reinhardt Reinhardt
Orikanyo Orikanyo
Sul_Silver Sul_Silver
thespacekid thespacekid

So I added another thread dealing with some of the battle mechanics. If you remember, in the CS Combat section everyone was supposed to choose a COMBAT CLASS, that determines things like
HP ( Health)
SE ( Magi points )
CCA ( Character Combat Actions )

And some Dice mechanics as well. The thread below deals with Dice.

I have also updated the thread below.

Seems like everyone's been a bit slow these past few days. I've been a bit busy myself so I defenitly get it.

Fred Colon Fred Colon
Reinhardt Reinhardt
Orikanyo Orikanyo
Sul_Silver Sul_Silver
thespacekid thespacekid

Hey Everyone. I will try and implement a soft timeskip today, I'll bring the group to the next day and start the actual mission. We'll be trying out some combat DICE mechanics with NO ARTES for the time being to see how comfortable everyone is with the system. We'll be huddled as a group so we should have more opportunity for interaction between characters while together.

So we wait for you to post a globrun attack then we can go? How do you roll dice? Sorry.

Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser The dice roll edit after the post seems restrictive, in terms of writing, especially since it determines what occurs in the fight. Maybe we could have a thread where we roll the dice before we post? Some sort of battle log thread where we can record the things that happen in combat?

Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser The dice roll edit after the post seems restrictive, in terms of writing, especially since it determines what occurs in the fight. Maybe we could have a thread where we roll the dice before we post? Some sort of battle log thread where we can record the things that happen in combat?

Let's do that. For now use OOC for dice rolls until I get the dice thread up

Fred Colon Fred Colon
Reinhardt Reinhardt
Orikanyo Orikanyo
Sul_Silver Sul_Silver
thespacekid thespacekid

Hey everyone,

So I got the Dice thread up

Like Reinhardt Reinhardt suggested, post in the Dice thread for the combat outcomes. Then you can write your IC post according to what you rolled in the Dice thread.

I also posted in IC as a little demonstration for players :)

The Engagement Scenario post will be updated as the battle goes on, so you'll see what is left to be done.

So how exactly does the damage calcs work?? For example, if the enemies roll a 10 total, and I roll a 12 total, what would happen?

So how exactly does the damage calcs work?? For example, if the enemies roll a 10 total, and I roll a 12 total, what would happen?

Each attack (barring artes) does one damage, you just use the dice to determine if they hit or not.

If you roll 3 or above on a die, that's a success. So if you got 3, 4, 5, 6, all your hits connect. Or if you're using DEF/EVA dice, you avoid the incoming hits - if the enemy manages to succeed on their rolls.

Shin's combat system thread would probably expand more on this.

No SE? Or is it just a placeholder and the others will input the value of their character's current SE?

I want to introduce it after people try out the Dice mechanics first. Although using SE might be less tedious.

So when rolling dice, it is not about their totals of the face number when rolling, but the total HITS. If your rolls are more successful than the other player or NPC then you do damage by the difference between your rolls. The same is true the other way around.

E.G.:

Player Rolls ATK dice
Dice rolls: 4,5,2,6
Rules: ATK dice must roll 3 or higher to HIT
Results: 3 HIT(s) (4,5,6) 1 Miss (2)
Player can attack 3 times. This can be represented by swinging a sword 3 times, punching 3 times, headbutting 3 times etc.

NPC enemy ATK dice
Dice rolls: 2,3
Rules ATK dice must roll 3 or higher to HIT
Results: 1 HIT (3) and 1 Miss (2)
NPC can attack 1 time. represented in any way according to players flavor text.

Combat Results
Player: 3 HITS
NPC: 1 HIT
=================
NPC takes 2 HP of Damage.

Dice make up 3 types of physical actions. Attacking, defending and evading.
If you are attacked by an NPC, you can roll ATK, DEF or EVA dice to avoid getting HIT and losing HP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back