• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Principle Journey OOC 2020

So I'll probably have to edit this later, but here's the first version of my CS.

What do you expect from RP's? : Usually, welcoming players and a great story line, although that depends on the RP.

Is the answer to the above question your expectation of this RP? Please Explain : Yes, and honestly maybe a bit more. This just seems like such a huge and well done project that I'd be surprised If it somehow turned out badly.

What kind of Experience do you have in Roleplaying? : I've role played in other websites before for a couple of years before joining RPNation. Once here, I tried to join a couple of other fantasy RPs that have unfortunately never taken off. Since I couldn't join one, I've decided to create my own which took off surprisingly quickly, and suddenly I realized I actually had to work on it. Although I panicked for a bit, I managed to get the hang of it based off other RPs. I analyzed them and decided to use a few of their practices. It went really well for about a month, but recently we haven't been getting as many replies and I fear the worse is happening... Now I'm simply hunting for a couple of RPs that I could participate without the need to mod.

What genres of Roleplay do you like? : Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Slice of Life, Superpowers, Fandoms such as Pokemon, and a few others. It's easier to name the ones I don't like I think.

What times are you available? : From about 9:00AM till 6:00PM (UTC+8:00). I won't be online all day, but I am usually on around these times. Likely to be less if I have exams or study to do.

How long on average are you on? : About 15mins to 30mins, but If I'm in the middle of writing something, then maybe 1.5hrs, 2hrs

How many posts a week do you think you can make? : I could post every couple of days without feeling too burnt out. I could try a post per day if I'm really inspired.

Are you willing to contribute in World building? Please Explain : Yes! World Building is literally something I do to relax, and It's great to actually do it with a purpose.

Would you be willing to play a role already setup? : As a character that has already been made for me? Unlikely. As a more broad role that I can create a character to fit in? Maybe.

Would you be willing to play an Antagonist? : Depends on the Antagonist, but I don't oppose it.

Would you be willing to GM certain events? : Probably not, but I'm open to trying it out.

Would you like to participate in character points system? : Sure.

Would you to battle with the RP battle system or no? : Yes.

General Traits

Character Picture:
4sn0qi8ntqv31.jpg
Character Name: Ella da Braza
Meaning of Name: "She from the Cinders"
Alias: Ember
Race: Human

Appearance:
Height: 1.53m
Weight: 48kg
Hair: White
Eyes: Light Red.
Body Marks: Minor scars run across her body.

Biography

Birth Place
: St. Catherine's Bay, Maxwell Kingdom. Northern Kingdoms.

Date of Birth: 14 of Nware, 976

Nationality: Northerner

Personality: An over thinker, she always tries to be two steps ahead at life. May it be during her researches, always trying to predict the outcomes of her experiments, or during a fight, always trying to predict her opponent's steps. She isn't shy, but won't speak unless she deems necessary. When she does speak, she doesn't hold anything back and does not sugarcoat it.

2 Positive Traits: Energetic, always looking to do more. Good Perception, has a good eye for noticing details.

2 Negative Traits: Bad loser, tends to get shocked or depressed if her predictions are inaccurate. Thinker, tends to be lost in thought.

Weaknesses: Since she tends to be lost in her thoughts, it's not uncommon that she'll have little awareness for her surroundings when like that. It often puts her in unfortunate situations, such as getting her lost.

History: Born to a group of traveling merchants, it wasn't uncommon for them to come across rare, even mystical items. This inspired her from a young age to research magic, what it is and what it can do. This didn't go unnoticed by her parents, which sent her to live with a wizard that lived in St. Catherine's Bay on her 10th birthday. The wizard was by no means a professional, and tended to have a few too many drinks every now and then, but managed to teach her some of the basics of magic. Most of what she knows however, comes from her own studies.

When she was 17, she got herself lost in the surroundings of the bay. She was missing for a few days and had to use some of the things she learned to survive. This little encounter gave her multiple scars from scratches and cuts across her skin, but she pays them no mind. She managed to tame a raven while lost by feeding it crumbs and such. The raven didn't help her much but did serve her some company. It still comes around every now and then, following her but never providing much help.

When she turned 19, she decided to leave the wizard and go off on her own to further her magical abilities. She also developed a deep interest for the lore behind the multiple religions, believing that there is a strong magical force behind it. To support herself, she began to take odd jobs to earn some change, and uses the bartering skill she learned from her parents to try and get better prices on basic items such as food. It often doesn't work.

Life Skills: Cooking, Natural medicine, First Aid, bartering, low persuasion, basic survival.

Material Possessions

Clothing and Attire: Wool Jacket, Pointy witch hat, basic undergarments, plain shirt and shorts, Leather boots, Worn-out Jacket.

Personal Items: Wooden Staff, Magic Basics Volumes I-IV, Advanced Magic Volumes I-III, Leather Bag, spare pages and pencil, 3 small Glass flasks.

Combat Section (Optional for those who wish to combat using the game system.)

Mage:
Description:
Mages always guard your back. Although not on the front lines Mages support their allies with great prowess in support and showering the enemy with grand Artes from long distances. Count on them to use specialized artes and healing to turn the tide of any battle.
Elemental Affinity: Fire / Ice / Lightning / Wood
Types of Artes: ATK / SPT / HEAL / FLD
Base Stats: HP: 4 / SE: 25 / CCA: 3 /

Special Ability: An ability that can be used outside of combat and is another facet of defining your character.
Will-O-Wisps (or Will of the Wisps): Creates 5 small flames that follow the will of the user. Upon landing on a solid surface, They will create intense flames for about 5mins. If multiple wisps land on the same spot, their effects stack (harsher burn and for longer). After using the ability, the user's fire abilities are disabled for one and a half days.

Artes:

Arte level 1
Name of Arte: Flame Burst
Type: Atk
Description: A flame the size of a football is lobbed towards a target. Once contact is made, the flame explodes causing high AoE damage at the epicenter, but damage quickly decreases farther away, with a total range of about 4m. Requires a staff, or high skill to be cast without one.
Elemental: Fire
Price: 5 Token points
Cost: 6 SE
CCA: 3

It might be a bit sub-par. Bear with me.

• What do you expect from RP's?:
    • A fun and memorable story-crafting/telling experience.​

Is the answer to the above question your expectation of this RP? Please Explain:
    • Indeed, the previous instance was short-lived, but it did meet my expectations - I can only look forward to this one having the same quality, if not better.​

What kind of Experience do you have in RP-ing?:
    • I'd probably fall on the border between a casual RP-er and a veteran one. I've been on the site for several years now, though I've taken a few breaks here and there.​

What genres of RP do you like?:
    • Mostly fantasy ones, but I've been diving a lot on sci-fi/futuristic concepts lately. Though if the premise intrigues, I'll probably take a dip in it regardless of the genre.​

What times are you available?:
    • Usually midday (GMT+8) until early evening on weekdays, though my schedule alters every now and then so that might change.​

How long on average are you on?:
    • I can stay active for an entire day at most, but most of the time I'm mainly on mobile.​

How many posts a week do you think you can make?:
    • Probably 3-5 posts in the least.​

Are you willing to contribute in World building? Please Explain:
    • If needed by, I'll try to drop some concepts here and there. Most of the ideas I've come up with usually end up incomplete and shelved for an indefinite time.​

Would you be willing to play a role already setup?:
    • If the role greatly intrigues me, of course.​

Would you be willing to play an Antagonist?:
    • Definitely.​

Would you be willing to GM certain events?:
    • Sure. As long as my wonky time doesn't cause some complications.​

Would you like to participate in character points system?:
    • I've dealt with it in the previous iteration - if the majority is going with it, I'm fine with it. If they aren't, that's not a problem either.​

Would you to battle with the RP battle system or no?
    • Same answer as above.​

Last edited:
What do you expect from RP's? : There is little I expect from this as I’m new to online roleplaying. My expectations, such as they are, is a collaborative story telling experience. I enjoy writing stories, and am interested in writing a story together with a group of people with similar interests.
Is the answer to the above question your expectation of this RP? Please Explain :
What kind of Experience do you have in Roleplaying? : I’ve never done online Role Play, but I have extensive experience with dungeons and dragons games. In addition I write frequently and consider myself literate and capable of crafting at least a semi-coherent story (haha).
What genres of Roleplay do you like? : I’m a big fan of fantasy. I would avoid romantic sorts of play if possible. Beyond that most things are fine with me.
What times are you available? : Mornings and Evenings EST.
How long on average are you on? : Depends on the day, sadly. I’m a relatively busy person, but as this is on my phone and I enjoy writing, I would likely spend downtime formulating responses and such.
How many posts a week do you think you can make? : A lot. I can’t tell without starting, but I anticipate much more than the required one per day.
Are you willing to contribute in World building? Please Explain : Yes. I quite enjoy world building. It might take me some time to understand the world, but once I do I will happily make suggestions.
Would you be willing to play a role already setup? : Yes.
Would you be willing to play an Antagonist? : Yes.
Would you be willing to GM certain events? : Yes.
Would you to battle with the RP battle system or no? I can’t determine yes or no without having seen it in action.

General Traits

Character Picture: ( optional )
Character Name: Merin Twostone
Meaning of Name: N/A
Alias: N/A
Race: Dwarf

Appearance
Height: 4’4’’
Weight: 200 pounds
Hair: Red
Eyes: Black
Body Marks: His arms are covered in tattoos, mostly the thick, straight, thick, style lines stereotypical to dwarven folk, or Runes in Dwarvish that supposedly confer Strength, Perseverance and Wisdom.

Biography

Birth Place: Selkirk, deep beneath the Keltic’s Range. (If that’s ok?)
Date of Birth: 967
Nationality: Sekirk?
Personality: Merin is a deeply jovial fellow who believes in second chances. But only second chances. Despite outward appearances he has a very calculating mind. Threats to him or his friends are dealt with quickly, silently, and, with any luck, without a fair fight. He’s terrified of his friends finding out what he does to those he deems a danger, for fear they would dismiss him as cold and cruel, when really he feels he’s simply doing what needs to be done to safeguard those who deserve to be safeguarded.
2 Positive Traits:
  • Accepting of everyone, regardless of race, gender or status.
  • Jovial in even the worst of situations
2 Negative Traits:
  • Secretive, while he cares for his friends he fears they may abandon him should they know the actual depths of his mind or, worse, be disgusted with him.
  • It is very easy for him to slip into the mindset that those who hurt him, his friends or those he deems ‘innocent’ are ‘evil’ and ‘monstrous’. The phrase ‘they need to be put down, for the sake of everyone else’ is a common one in Merin’s mind. He subconsciously hardens his heart and refuses to think of his enemies as people, for he knows if he did he wouldn’t be able to do ‘what needs to be done’.
Weaknesses:
  • Knows little of etiquette or how to act in formal situations
  • Has difficulty treating those around him as anything other than equals, as the stratification in his society was very little, a ‘leader’ being merely someone you had to listen to when the situation was dire.
  • Knows little of the world above in general, beyond what he could learn in books
  • Once he’s dismissed someone once and for all, it’s near impossible for anyone to convince him that they mean well
  • Hold grudges a very long time
  • Isn’t very fast
History:
Born into a small society or dwarves deep beneath the Keltic’s Range, Merin was raised to believe that it was his duty to protect those who needed protecting. His world was neatly divided into three categories. The Innocent, the Heroes who protected the innocent, and the monsters who would harm the innocent. He was taught that you could identify a monster not by what they looked like, but what they did. In the deep dark of the tunnels, amongst his kin, this served him well for a time.

He grew into an upstanding young dwarf, and began to feel a kinship not with just the dwarves around him, but the creatures that walked on the surface. He was proud to protect them from the horrors beneath the earth that they didn’t even realize they needed protecting from.
He joined a team of hunters, Dwarves who didn’t just hold the line against monsters, but struck deep into their territory to slay those that needed slaying, or rescue those that had gone astray. His job was Powder Monkey. Deft with a rifle, while on the team he learned the finer points of working with explosives, destroying tunnels and opening passages where needed, as well as laying traps for monsters that couldn’t be dealt with be conventional means.
He loved his team, especially Gudrid, the team's scout, whom he eventually married. He loved them all save the team leader, Harvald.
Harvald was a skilled warrior, but a dangerous dwarf. Skilled and cruel, Merin worried that he was working for a monster who was only safe to be around because he had other monsters to slay.
One day his suspicions were confirmed. They came upon a nest of goblins, historically the enemies of the Dwarven people, but Merin realized that it wasn’t a war camp as they’d assumed, but an honest to god goblin village. What they were doing so close to the Dwarven city Merin never knew. But it was filled with the elderly and the young. Goblins incapable of fighting. Merin alerted the others, but Harvald cared not at all. He ordered the others to slaughter the villagers, and they did it, all save Gudrid who stood with Merin in solidarity.
That night, aware that he would never win in a straight confrontation, he slew those he now viewed as ‘monsters’ in their sleep.
He thought the village would understand. He was doing his job. Slaying monsters where he found them, but he was branded a traitor to his people and banished. Even Gudrid was disgusted by what he had done, and turned away when he looked to her, the pain of that still burns in his heart today as he walks the land looking to stamp out monsters where he finds them.

Occupation: Former Demolitionist in a team of deep earth monster hunters.
Life Skills: Stealth, Patience, Accuracy, knowledge of creating and working with gunpowder and related devices. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of monsters, especially those that live underground. He is also adept at surviving in the wild, especially underground.

Material Possessions:
A custom rifle he works on and improves regularly named ‘Gudrid’.
A stash of Gun-powder left over. A handful of grenades. A kit that he can use to make more weapons if he had access to metal and gunpowder.

Clothing and Attire:
He wears a green hooded coat, and underneath that a fire-proof, shrapnel-proof leather jerkin that he designed himself. Beyond that his clothes are simple and sturdy, well made but not ostentatious, made for traveling. He wears his goggles around his neck most of the time

Personal Items: His gun, Gudrid.
The old Pipe his father gave him when he became a man.
A stash of high quality dwarven tobacco he saves for special occasions.
A pair of blast proof goggles.

Custom Class:
Description: Demolitionists are focused on keeping out of the fight as much as possible. Stealth is their ally, at least until the Boom. They tend to attack only once, a devastating, flashy blow, before they dash back into the shadows, ready to lay another deadly little trap.
Elemental Affinity: Light/Fire/Earth
Types of Artes: Please choose 3 types
Base Stats: HP 4 / SE 15 / CCA: 3 ///

Special Ability: Tinkerer. Not content with simple destruction, Merin knows how to fix and repair most things. If he spends a day with a machine, device or piece of equipment he knows how to repair or, in some cases, improve it. He still needs the materials to repair or improve the item.

Arte level 1
Name of Arte:
Type
Description:
Elemental:

Arte level 2
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:
Price: 10 Token points
Cost: 12 SE
CCA: 6

Arte level 3
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:
Price: 15 Token points
Cost: 18 SE
CCA: 9

Arte level 4
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:
Price: 20 Token points
Cost: 24 SE
CCA: 12

Arte level 5
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:
Price: 25 Token points
Cost: 30 SE
CCA: 15
7d9356d7d404f5d156694f738d678f25.jpg

Fred Colon Fred Colon
oldbadname oldbadname

I was going to reply to your inquires, but I realized you guys were chatting in the old thread. I probably should get that removed so there is no confusion. If possible probably watch this thread as well.

Since I returned home I'll be looking over those CSes now.

I thought there was something odd about that chat. Oh well, we would still appreciate the answers about the arte types! Still have no idea what PNM would be, lol.

Sul_Silver Sul_Silver
Hey there! Thanks for showing interest in this RP.

So my method for character approvals is to put all my thoughts, comments and critiques inside the QUOTE.
It's marked as BLUE and BOLD text. Please carefully look for it.

So I'll probably have to edit this later, but here's the first version of my CS.

What do you expect from RP's? : Usually, welcoming players and a great story line, although that depends on the RP.

Is the answer to the above question your expectation of this RP? Please Explain : Yes, and honestly maybe a bit more. This just seems like such a huge and well done project that I'd be surprised If it somehow turned out badly.

What kind of Experience do you have in Roleplaying? : I've role played in other websites before for a couple of years before joining RPNation. Once here, I tried to join a couple of other fantasy RPs that have unfortunately never taken off. Since I couldn't join one, I've decided to create my own which took off surprisingly quickly, and suddenly I realized I actually had to work on it. Although I panicked for a bit, I managed to get the hang of it based off other RPs. I analyzed them and decided to use a few of their practices. It went really well for about a month, but recently we haven't been getting as many replies and I fear the worse is happening... Now I'm simply hunting for a couple of RPs that I could participate without the need to mod.

What genres of Roleplay do you like? : Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Slice of Life, Superpowers, Fandoms such as Pokemon, and a few others. It's easier to name the ones I don't like I think.

What times are you available? : From about 9:00AM till 6:00PM (UTC+8:00). I won't be online all day, but I am usually on around these times. Likely to be less if I have exams or study to do.

How long on average are you on? : About 15mins to 30mins, but If I'm in the middle of writing something, then maybe 1.5hrs, 2hrs

How many posts a week do you think you can make? : I could post every couple of days without feeling too burnt out. I could try a post per day if I'm really inspired.

Are you willing to contribute in World building? Please Explain : Yes! World Building is literally something I do to relax, and It's great to actually do it with a purpose.

Would you be willing to play a role already setup? : As a character that has already been made for me? Unlikely. As a more broad role that I can create a character to fit in? Maybe.

Would you be willing to play an Antagonist? : Depends on the Antagonist, but I don't oppose it.

Would you be willing to GM certain events? : Probably not, but I'm open to trying it out.

Would you to battle with the RP battle system or no? : Yes.

General Traits

Character Picture:
View attachment 699428
Character Name: Ella da Braza
Meaning of Name: "She from the Cinders"
Alias: Ember
Race: Human

Appearance:
Height: 1.53m
Weight: 48kg
Hair: White
Eyes: Light Red.
Body Marks: Minor scars run across her body.

Biography

Birth Place
: St. Catherine's Bay, Maxwell Kingdom. Northern Kingdoms.

Date of Birth: 14 of Nware, 976

Nationality: Northerner

Personality: An over thinker, she always tries to be two steps ahead at life. May it be during her researches, always trying to predict the outcomes of her experiments, or during a fight, always trying to predict her opponent's steps. She isn't shy, but won't speak unless she deems necessary. When she does speak, she doesn't hold anything back and does not sugarcoat it.

2 Positive Traits: Energetic, always looking to do more. Good Perception, has a good eye for noticing details.

2 Negative Traits: Bad loser, tends to get shocked or depressed if her predictions are inaccurate. Thinker, tends to be lost in thought.

Weaknesses: Since she tends to be lost in her thoughts, it's not uncommon that she'll have little awareness for her surroundings when like that. It often puts her in unfortunate situations, such as getting her lost.

History: Born to a group of traveling merchants, it wasn't uncommon for them to come across rare, even mystical items. This inspired her from a young age to research magic, what it is and what it can do. This didn't go unnoticed by her parents, which sent her to live with a wizard that lived in St. Catherine's Bay on her 10th birthday. The wizard was by no means a professional, and tended to have a few too many drinks every now and then, but managed to teach her some of the basics of magic. Most of what she knows however, comes from her own studies.

When she was 17, she got herself lost in the surroundings of the bay. She was missing for a few days and had to use some of the things she learned to survive. This little encounter gave her multiple scars from scratches and cuts across her skin, but she pays them no mind. She managed to tame a raven while lost by feeding it crumbs and such. The raven didn't help her much but did serve her some company. It still comes around every now and then, following her but never providing much help.

When she turned 19, she decided to leave the wizard and go off on her own to further her magical abilities. She also developed a deep interest for the lore behind the multiple religions, believing that there is a strong magical force behind it. To support herself, she began to take odd jobs to earn some change, and uses the bartering skill she learned from her parents to try and get better prices on basic items such as food. It often doesn't work.

Life Skills: Cooking, Natural medicine, First Aid, bartering, low persuasion, basic survival.

Material Possessions

Clothing and Attire: Wool Jacket, Pointy witch hat, basic undergarments, plain shirt and shorts, Leather boots, Worn-out Jacket.

Personal Items: Wooden Staff, Magic Basics Volumes I-IV, Advanced Magic Volumes I-III, Leather Bag, spare pages and pencil, 3 small Glass flasks.

Combat Section (Optional for those who wish to combat using the game system.)

Mage:
Description:
Mages always guard your back. Although not on the front lines Mages support their allies with great prowess in support and showering the enemy with grand Artes from long distances. Count on them to use specialized artes and healing to turn the tide of any battle.
Elemental Affinity: Fire / Ice / Lightning / Wood
Types of Artes: ATK / SPT / HEAL / FLD
Base Stats: HP: 4 / SE: 25 / CCA: 3 /

Special Ability: An ability that can be used outside of combat and is another facet of defining your character.
Will-O-Wisps (or Will of the Wisps): Creates 5 small flames that follow the will of the user. Upon landing on a solid surface, They will create intense flames for about 5mins. If multiple wisps land on the same spot, their effects stack (harsher burn and for longer). After using the ability, the user's fire abilities are disabled for one and a half days.

Artes:

Arte level 1
Name of Arte: Flame Burst
Type: Atk
Description: A flame the size of a football is lobbed towards a target. Once contact is made, the flame explodes causing high AoE damage at the epicenter, but damage quickly decreases farther away, with a total range of about 4m. Requires a staff, or high skill to be cast without one.
Elemental: Fire

So this is probably because I did not post the Artes section and how to create combat artes.
3 things regarding artes
1)Targeting: All types of Artes are limited to (1) target except for Field Artes. There are special abilities and techniques that can be added to increase the number of targets but for now no AoEs please.
2) Damage: ATK artes deal damage proportional to its Arte level x (3)
3) Range: I have to check but all artes have a minimum starting range of 5m. Again there are ways of increasing the distance.

Essentially I've taken various elements of magic/phys combat and stripped everything and divided it into micro-transactions.

If you could change the age of her going to study with the wizard to 14 that would be great.
So the biggest thing is the Arte you created, but that's due to lack of information on my part. I'll see about trying to relink that section from archives.
Once those changes have been implemented this CS will be

APPROVED

Subpar?

Simply means you get to build a better character as time goes along ^^

You know the drill! Look in the QUOTE

It might be a bit sub-par. Bear with me.

• What do you expect from RP's?:
    • A fun and memorable story-crafting/telling experience.​

Is the answer to the above question your expectation of this RP? Please Explain:
    • Indeed, the previous instance was short-lived, but it did meet my expectations - I can only look forward to this one having the same quality, if not better.​

What kind of Experience do you have in RP-ing?:
    • I'd probably fall on the border between a casual RP-er and a veteran one. I've been on the site for several years now, though I've taken a few breaks here and there.​

What genres of RP do you like?:
    • Mostly fantasy ones, but I've been diving a lot on sci-fi/futuristic concepts lately. Though if the premise intrigues, I'll probably take a dip in it regardless of the genre.​

What times are you available?:
    • Usually midday (GMT+8) until early evening on weekdays, though my schedule alters every now and then so that might change.​

How long on average are you on?:
    • I can stay active for an entire day at most, but most of the time I'm mainly on mobile.​

How many posts a week do you think you can make?:
    • Probably 3-5 posts in the least.​

Are you willing to contribute in World building? Please Explain:
    • If needed by, I'll try to drop some concepts here and there. Most of the ideas I've come up with usually end up incomplete and shelved for an indefinite time.​

Would you be willing to play a role already setup?:
    • If the role greatly intrigues me, of course.​

Would you be willing to play an Antagonist?:
    • Definitely.​

Would you be willing to GM certain events?:
    • Sure. As long as my wonky time doesn't cause some complications.​

Would you like to participate in character points system?:
    • I've dealt with it in the previous iteration - if the majority is going with it, I'm fine with it. If they aren't, that's not a problem either.​

Would you to battle with the RP battle system or no?
    • Same answer as above.​

CS looks awesome.
We need to specify the Arte a little more.
From the flavor text, I imagine since its EHM and its FIRE elemental, you want to inflict some sort of Burn Stat-Eff.
So what about, the EHM targets 3 ATK dice. If one of them connects Burn status is inflicted. players loses 1HP first post 2HP 2nd post and then 3HP. So it has a 3 turn duration.

Other than the Arte itself, this CS is

APPROVED

Welcome to the RP and thanks for showing interest!

What do you expect from RP's? : There is little I expect from this as I’m new to online roleplaying. My expectations, such as they are, is a collaborative story telling experience. I enjoy writing stories, and am interested in writing a story together with a group of people with similar interests.
Is the answer to the above question your expectation of this RP? Please Explain :
What kind of Experience do you have in Roleplaying? : I’ve never done online Role Play, but I have extensive experience with dungeons and dragons games. In addition I write frequently and consider myself literate and capable of crafting at least a semi-coherent story (haha).
What genres of Roleplay do you like? : I’m a big fan of fantasy. I would avoid romantic sorts of play if possible. Beyond that most things are fine with me.
What times are you available? : Mornings and Evenings EST.
How long on average are you on? : Depends on the day, sadly. I’m a relatively busy person, but as this is on my phone and I enjoy writing, I would likely spend downtime formulating responses and such.
How many posts a week do you think you can make? : A lot. I can’t tell without starting, but I anticipate much more than the required one per day.
Are you willing to contribute in World building? Please Explain : Yes. I quite enjoy world building. It might take me some time to understand the world, but once I do I will happily make suggestions.
Would you be willing to play a role already setup? : Yes.
Would you be willing to play an Antagonist? : Yes.
Would you be willing to GM certain events? : Yes.
Would you to battle with the RP battle system or no? I can’t determine yes or no without having seen it in action.

General Traits

Character Picture: ( optional )
Character Name: Merin Twostone
Meaning of Name: N/A
Alias: N/A
Race: Dwarf

Appearance
Height: 4’4’’
Weight: 200 pounds
Hair: Red
Eyes: Black
Body Marks: His arms are covered in tattoos, mostly the thick, straight, thick, style lines stereotypical to dwarven folk, or Runes in Dwarvish that supposedly confer Strength, Perseverance and Wisdom.

Biography

Birth Place: Selkirk, deep beneath the Keltic’s Range. (If that’s ok?)
Date of Birth: 967
Nationality: Sekirk?
Personality: Merin is a deeply jovial fellow who believes in second chances. But only second chances. Despite outward appearances he has a very calculating mind. Threats to him or his friends are dealt with quickly, silently, and, with any luck, without a fair fight. He’s terrified of his friends finding out what he does to those he deems a danger, for fear they would dismiss him as cold and cruel, when really he feels he’s simply doing what needs to be done to safeguard those who deserve to be safeguarded.
2 Positive Traits:
  • Accepting of everyone, regardless of race, gender or status.
  • Jovial in even the worst of situations
2 Negative Traits:
  • Secretive, while he cares for his friends he fears they may abandon him should they know the actual depths of his mind or, worse, be disgusted with him.
  • It is very easy for him to slip into the mindset that those who hurt him, his friends or those he deems ‘innocent’ are ‘evil’ and ‘monstrous’. The phrase ‘they need to be put down, for the sake of everyone else’ is a common one in Merin’s mind. He subconsciously hardens his heart and refuses to think of his enemies as people, for he knows if he did he wouldn’t be able to do ‘what needs to be done’.
Weaknesses:
  • Knows little of etiquette or how to act in formal situations
  • Has difficulty treating those around him as anything other than equals, as the stratification in his society was very little, a ‘leader’ being merely someone you had to listen to when the situation was dire.
  • Knows little of the world above in general, beyond what he could learn in books
  • Once he’s dismissed someone once and for all, it’s near impossible for anyone to convince him that they mean well
  • Hold grudges a very long time
  • Isn’t very fast
History:
Born into a small society or dwarves deep beneath the Keltic’s Range, Merin was raised to believe that it was his duty to protect those who needed protecting. His world was neatly divided into three categories. The Innocent, the Heroes who protected the innocent, and the monsters who would harm the innocent. He was taught that you could identify a monster not by what they looked like, but what they did. In the deep dark of the tunnels, amongst his kin, this served him well for a time.

He grew into an upstanding young dwarf, and began to feel a kinship not with just the dwarves around him, but the creatures that walked on the surface. He was proud to protect them from the horrors beneath the earth that they didn’t even realize they needed protecting from.
He joined a team of hunters, Dwarves who didn’t just hold the line against monsters, but struck deep into their territory to slay those that needed slaying, or rescue those that had gone astray. His job was Powder Monkey. Deft with a rifle, while on the team he learned the finer points of working with explosives, destroying tunnels and opening passages where needed, as well as laying traps for monsters that couldn’t be dealt with be conventional means.
He loved his team, especially Gudrid, the team's scout, whom he eventually married. He loved them all save the team leader, Harvald.
Harvald was a skilled warrior, but a dangerous dwarf. Skilled and cruel, Merin worried that he was working for a monster who was only safe to be around because he had other monsters to slay.
One day his suspicions were confirmed. They came upon a nest of goblins, historically the enemies of the Dwarven people, but Merin realized that it wasn’t a war camp as they’d assumed, but an honest to god goblin village. What they were doing so close to the Dwarven city Merin never knew. But it was filled with the elderly and the young. Goblins incapable of fighting. Merin alerted the others, but Harvald cared not at all. He ordered the others to slaughter the villagers, and they did it, all save Gudrid who stood with Merin in solidarity.
That night, aware that he would never win in a straight confrontation, he slew those he now viewed as ‘monsters’ in their sleep.
He thought the village would understand. He was doing his job. Slaying monsters where he found them, but he was branded a traitor to his people and banished. Even Gudrid was disgusted by what he had done, and turned away when he looked to her, the pain of that still burns in his heart today as he walks the land looking to stamp out monsters where he finds them.

Occupation: Former Demolitionist in a team of deep earth monster hunters.
Life Skills: Stealth, Patience, Accuracy, knowledge of creating and working with gunpowder and related devices. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of monsters, especially those that live underground. He is also adept at surviving in the wild, especially underground.

Material Possessions:
A custom rifle he works on and improves regularly named ‘Gudrid’.
A stash of Gun-powder left over. A handful of grenades. A kit that he can use to make more weapons if he had access to metal and gunpowder.

Clothing and Attire:
He wears a green hooded coat, and underneath that a fire-proof, shrapnel-proof leather jerkin that he designed himself. Beyond that his clothes are simple and sturdy, well made but not ostentatious, made for traveling. He wears his goggles around his neck most of the time

Personal Items: His gun, Gudrid.
The old Pipe his father gave him when he became a man.
A stash of high quality dwarven tobacco he saves for special occasions.
A pair of blast proof goggles.

Custom Class:
Description: Demolitionists are focused on keeping out of the fight as much as possible. Stealth is their ally, at least until the Boom. They tend to attack only once, a devastating, flashy blow, before they dash back into the shadows, ready to lay another deadly little trap.
Elemental Affinity: Light/Fire/Earth
Types of Artes: Please choose 3 types
Base Stats: HP 4 / SE 15 / CCA: 3 ///

Special Ability: Tinkerer. Not content with simple destruction, Merin knows how to fix and repair most things. If he spends a day with a machine, device or piece of equipment he knows how to repair or, in some cases, improve it. He still needs the materials to repair or improve the item.

Arte level 1
Name of Arte:
Type
Description:
Elemental:

Arte level 2
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:
Price: 10 Token points
Cost: 12 SE
CCA: 6

Arte level 3
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:
Price: 15 Token points
Cost: 18 SE
CCA: 9

Arte level 4
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:
Price: 20 Token points
Cost: 24 SE
CCA: 12

Arte level 5
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:
Price: 25 Token points
Cost: 30 SE
CCA: 15
View attachment 699642

CS looks good. A few things to mention regarding your character as its race is different.

So the RP story generally revolves around Humans and the history of Humanity in this world. That is not to say that other races are not involved but it is generally a sideplot or use as side characters.
That is not to say your character will not get equal opportunity for character growth. Only that the story I am trying to tell will involve humans as a race more than most others.

Dwarves like many other races in the RP are isolationist towards humans. Other races tend not to allow humans within their societies although it is opposite regarding humans who welcome the other races also known as the Guardian Clans.

With that said, This CS is

APPROVED.

Well... Here is my CS. Hope it's up to standards.
What do you expect from RP's? : Depends on the type/genre but in general, some freedom coupled with a healthy dose of sensibility. We can't go murderhobo'ing half the world now, can we?
Is the answer to the above question your expectation of this RP? Please Explain : Yes
What kind of Experience do you have in Roleplaying? : One year, consisting entirely of Group RPs.
What genres of Roleplay do you like? : Anything under the Fantasy and Futuristic/Sci-fi umbrellas.
What times are you available? : Most of the day, my timezone is GMT+1.
How long on average are you on? : Due to the quarantine, most of the day.
How many posts a week do you think you can make? : Depends on my motivation.
Are you willing to contribute in World building? Please Explain : Certainly. I am also willing to modify anything of these new additions or at least meet part way.
Would you be willing to play a role already setup? : Yes
Would you be willing to play an Antagonist? : Absolutely
Would you be willing to GM certain events? : I'm sorry but I have to decline.
Would you like to participate in character points system? : Sure
Would you to battle with the RP battle system or no? : Yes, I will.

• General Traits
    50AEAB4D6B15D51AF32DBD67939318D0C5E85E61

Character Role: TBD
    Character Name: Brynjar Nyborg
    Meaning of Name: "Armored Warrior of a New Fortress"
    Alias: Kyrre
    Race:Human

Hi there Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian
Thanks for joining us!

After review of your Character, this CS is

APPROVED

Well... Here is my CS. Hope it's up to standards.
What do you expect from RP's? : Depends on the type/genre but in general, some freedom coupled with a healthy dose of sensibility. We can't go murderhobo'ing half the world now, can we?
Is the answer to the above question your expectation of this RP? Please Explain : Yes
What kind of Experience do you have in Roleplaying? : One year, consisting entirely of Group RPs.
What genres of Roleplay do you like? : Anything under the Fantasy and Futuristic/Sci-fi umbrellas.
What times are you available? : Most of the day, my timezone is GMT+1.
How long on average are you on? : Due to the quarantine, most of the day.
How many posts a week do you think you can make? : Depends on my motivation.
Are you willing to contribute in World building? Please Explain : Certainly. I am also willing to modify anything of these new additions or at least meet part way.
Would you be willing to play a role already setup? : Yes
Would you be willing to play an Antagonist? : Absolutely
Would you be willing to GM certain events? : I'm sorry but I have to decline.
Would you like to participate in character points system? : Sure
Would you to battle with the RP battle system or no? : Yes, I will.

• General Traits
    50AEAB4D6B15D51AF32DBD67939318D0C5E85E61

Character Role: TBD
    Character Name: Brynjar Nyborg
    Meaning of Name: "Armored Warrior of a New Fortress"
    Alias: Kyrre
    Race:Human

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian
Orikanyo Orikanyo
Sul_Silver Sul_Silver
Reinhardt Reinhardt
Fred Colon Fred Colon
oldbadname oldbadname

Hey guys, I got the IC up and I am modifying some of the intro and opening posts. I'll get a post with my Character out soon. I'm just wondering who would be ready to post in the next few hours, lets say from now to 5 hrs from now?

Please let me know.

Also I was thinking some players should be veterans of the guild. I need 3 players to be veterans who have worked together for about a month. The other players will have spent about a week of orientation and basic training. This way it also helps to cut down on intros between each other.

I can post from now up until 4 hours from now, which will be my midnight. I can't justify posting after midnight though. Sorry!

Dodere can be a veteran, if need be.

Orikanyo Orikanyo
Sul_Silver Sul_Silver
Reinhardt Reinhardt
Fred Colon Fred Colon
oldbadname oldbadname

Hey guys, I got the IC up and I am modifying some of the intro and opening posts. I'll get a post with my Character out soon. I'm just wondering who would be ready to post in the next few hours, lets say from now to 5 hrs from now?

Please let me know.

Also I was thinking some players should be veterans of the guild. I need 3 players to be veterans who have worked together for about a month. The other players will have spent about a week of orientation and basic training. This way it also helps to cut down on intros between each other.
Octavian can be either, chilling as a lazy veteran, or as a new recruit whos tired of learning the basics again.

Orikanyo Orikanyo
Sul_Silver Sul_Silver
Reinhardt Reinhardt
Fred Colon Fred Colon
oldbadname oldbadname

Please let me know.

Current way past midnight for me. Wont be able to post for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back