• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Carrow

This roleplay is based off of a book of mine called The Pirate's Mermaid. It is currently unpublished, and still a W.I.P but I enjoy the universe it is set in and think it will make for a great roleplay with the right group.

To keep it simple, it is historical and set on a pirate ship called Wisteria Woes. The story is something I want to build with the group, keeping it from the actual work I'm doing.

The basis is your typical pirate ship. Looting, battling, fighting the English Navy. I want to keep it simple in the beginning so everyone will have a chance to introduce their characters. The story will be set docked in a popular city so anyone who doesn't want to be an old crew member can join as someone new.

There are two species that can be played, human and mermaid as I enjoy my fair share of fantasy. The humans have myths about mermaids, but don't know for a fact that they live. The mermaids are trying to keep their existence a secret.

Throughout the roleplay I will be throwing in little adventures to help build our story. The mermaids will get their chance to show themselves, but for the sake of the roleplay I want their existence to be a secret while I introduce the first big arc in the roleplay.

My hope is for your responses to be Multi-Para, but I will accept Para if you are struggling to begin. Longer is fine as well, especially for your first post.

I'll add more as we get members, but I want to get the RP started as soon as possible. That being said, I'm quite new to RPNation. I've used other sites, but none that use this kind of formatting. So please be patient with me as we begin. And all help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

Comment if interested, or message if you have any insight for a first time RPNation user trying to start their own roleplay!

Relevant Links -
OOC Thread: Fantasy - The Pirate's Mermaid: OOC Chat
IC Thread: Fantasy - The Pirate's Mermaid
Pirate Roles Available: Fantasy - The Pirate's Mermaid: Crew

Last edited:
🤔

What time period is this in? I'd guess it would be in the golden age of piracy (mid 1600s to early 1700s; Y'know, the typical wooden ships with sails and cannons and whatnot..; the colonial period), but it would be cool if it was during the late 1700s to early 1800s (Early Napoleonic era, America's establishing it's government, first industrial revolution is in full swing... (Steam ships with sails are crossing the ocean with primitive hotwizer guns as bleeding edge technology. ;) (Yes, I've been watching Anno 1800.))).

cough. Annnyways, so the mermaids are really the only thing fantasy about this RP as well?

🤔

What time period is this in? I'd guess it would be in the golden age of piracy (mid 1600s to early 1700s; Y'know, the typical wooden ships with sails and cannons and whatnot..; the colonial period), but it would be cool if it was during the late 1700s to early 1800s (Early Napoleonic era, America's establishing it's government, first industrial revolution is in full swing... (Steam ships with sails are crossing the ocean with primitive hotwizer guns as bleeding edge technology. ;) (Yes, I've been watching Anno 1800.))).

cough. Annnyways, so the mermaids are really the only thing fantasy about this RP as well?

Honestly, that sounds quite amazing. I like your idea. And as for mermaids, they don't have to be. They are in my book, but I want this to be separate anyways.

Take a look at the Crew thread posted above and comment which positions you'd like. If you have any of your own ideas, feel free to suggest them.

I'd also like to jump in this as quick as possible. That being said, the RP has already started. Once you've picked your position and posted a little synopsis of your character in the OOC chat, feel free to jump tight in. (Links above) I'm the only post so far, so it has just begun!

Hello! I'd also be interested. I did have some questions though.

What types of powers do mermaids have? Any restrictions or specific weaknesses? How exactly do they work in your setting?
Also, since it's a secret in world, should we mention in our character descriptions/forms whether they may or may not be mermaids or no?

Thanks in advance!

Hello! I'd also be interested. I did have some questions though.

What types of powers do mermaids have? Any restrictions or specific weaknesses? How exactly do they work in your setting?
Also, since it's a secret in world, should we mention in our character descriptions/forms whether they may or may not be mermaids or no?

Thanks in advance!
Honestly, as I myself am not playing a mermaid character, I've chosen to let the first player kind of set the pace. There is so much in myths and lore towards mermaids and what they can do that I'll leave it up to the players to decide what is reasonable.
I would add it to the character sheet, though. If not, it shouldn't take us too long to figure it out via your posts unless you're very good at hiding it. But most people monologue, at least I know my characters do, and I'm sure as a mermaid you (for example) would have thoughts of missing home or loving the water more than the average human.
I'm very open to suggestions, though. And if you're confused at all about whether I'd deem something OP, you could message me first and ask.

AlienLover AlienLover
I will make it a little easier. Per my story the two biggest weaknesses for those mers was their fear of fire and the fact that every time they changed back to their human form, it was almost like learning to walk again. A lot of tripping and stumbling until they remembered the feel of using their feet. The main L/I in my story had a thing with dancing, she loved it but could never get her human legs to work such intricate steps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back