• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Ongoing Voyages of the U.S.S. Phoenix - Out of Character Chat

How would you like the U.S.S. Phoenix to Look?

• Mid-Class Exploratory Cruiser

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Pathfinder

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Concorde Class

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protector Cruiser

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Heavy Exploration Vessel

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Okay, I finished my character. Hope to see everyone else’s characters soon!
Accepted! - I know I probably don't have to say this, but I just feel like I should due to experiences I've had in the past. Just remember to be super sensitive with regard to the 18+ elements of your character should they come up in the RP. Other than that, I think they could bring a really interesting dynamic to the RP.

Squad141 Squad141 - Your character is Accepted too! She looks super cool!

Well, time for me to get to my name-sake and start working on a species concept. Might take me a bit, but hopefully will come out real interesting! :D
I can't wait to see it!

I've posted a very brief Human species sheet. It's brief for 3 primary reasons
1. For some reason, describing the concept of humanity was something I very much struggled with
2. There are other things I want to start working on before the RP begins
3. I figured that most of us here already know the basic features of humanity

Accepted! - I know I probably don't have to say this, but I just feel like I should due to experiences I've had in the past. Just remember to be super sensitive with regard to the 18+ elements of your character should they come up in the RP. Other than that, I think they could bring a really interesting dynamic to the RP.
Don't worry, I will.

^Same question.

Geozaki Geozaki
About the ethics code, am I correct in assuming the second overrides the first? Or would they still try negotiation first?

Also, (plus Squad141 Squad141 ), would a daily briefing for the entire ship be a good place for us to try out a radio host-esque show? I was considering, with the Union's focus on non-conflict interpersonally as well, what if one of the communications officers was focused on internal communications, while the other focused on external ones? The external would be as generally expected, answering hails from other ships, sending information out, etc. While the internal one could send official messages between crew members? Either that or one could be more crew-oriented, like a counselor or something equivalent, to prevent internal conflict?

I hope that does make sense...

^Same question.

Geozaki Geozaki
About the ethics code, am I correct in assuming the second overrides the first? Or would they still try negotiation first?

Also, (plus Squad141 Squad141 ), would a daily briefing for the entire ship be a good place for us to try out a radio host-esque show? I was considering, with the Union's focus on non-conflict interpersonally as well, what if one of the communications officers was focused on internal communications, while the other focused on external ones? The external would be as generally expected, answering hails from other ships, sending information out, etc. While the internal one could send official messages between crew members? Either that or one could be more crew-oriented, like a counselor or something equivalent, to prevent internal conflict?

That makes sense a lot, and actually, I happened to make reference that my character was specifically better and mellow with people. I could be the internal Chief and you the External? The only external thing would be her radio show.

That makes sense a lot, and actually, I happened to make reference that my character was specifically better and mellow with people. I could be the internal Chief and you the External? The only external thing would be her radio show.
Really your character is part of the reason I asked. I'm good with the external. That'll help me figure out my character...

i am working on my history though it is hard to explain a ton beyond she is the ship so her history is that of the ship

Also, (plus @Squad141), would a daily briefing for the entire ship be a good place for us to try out a radio host-esque show? I was considering, with the Union's focus on non-conflict interpersonally as well, what if one of the communications officers was focused on internal communications, while the other focused on external ones? The external would be as generally expected, answering hails from other ships, sending information out, etc. While the internal one could send official messages between crew members? Either that or one could be more crew-oriented, like a counselor or something equivalent, to prevent internal conflict?

Really your character is part of the reason I asked. I'm good with the external. That'll help me figure out my character...

That seems like a really cool idea! I look forward to seeing it play out

Geozaki Geozaki

They would certainly attempt to reach a peaceful resolution, but the likelihood is that reaching a peaceful conclusion to something like that would be a rarity and so, if it comes to it, force would be authorised.

i am working on my history though it is hard to explain a ton beyond she is the ship so her history is that of the ship

That's cool! I look forward to seeing her.
I did have a question, do you imagine AI like your character to be commonplace in the fleet, or more as a rarity that's only aboard a few of the ships or even only on the Phoenix?

When can we expect the discord server to be up?
^Same question.

How does around about... now sound?
It's very basic right now, but as with many of the things in the RP, I intend to work on it as time goes on.
I'll also add the link to the first post in this OOC thread

AKIMBOCROSS AKIMBOCROSS
I will get to work on a mobile friendly version very soon!
I apologize for the fact it is not mobile friendly lol

Didn't realize this until today when I saw it on my phone..x.x

I gotta admit, everyone's done a great job of fleshing this universe out with species and characters alone. So far our cast includes: Human Lady, Wolfman Vet, Cyberpunk Security Chief, Cryptid Radio Host, Human Man, and a very Alien Alien

We certainly reached the quota for a space opera/quest series, and I'm really impressed

Nothingness Nothingness Would you mind if I nabbed that species format? I’ve been trying to reformat and add more depth to mine, I think a better format and code might help.

Jackson123 Jackson123 Xenobiology Xenobiology Karcen Karcen
Accepted! They all look super awesome!

As a side note: Xenobiology Xenobiology i spend hours thinking about wether or not to use that BBCode for the database thread and/or my character before deciding it would be too much for the database and that there was enough code in it to hurt my head by time I got to that point with my character. So it’s really nice that it made it into the RP anyway.

Not that anyone wanted to know that but there we go…

I gotta admit, everyone's done a great job of fleshing this universe out with species and characters alone. So far our cast includes: Human Lady, Wolfman Vet, Cyberpunk Security Chief, Cryptid Radio Host, Human Man, and a very Alien Alien

We certainly reached the quota for a space opera/quest series, and I'm really impressed
I agree! I think we’re gonna have a really interesting and diverse selection of characters and I can’t wait to see how they all interact with each other.

As a side note: Xenobiology Xenobiology i spend hours thinking about wether or not to use that BBCode for the database thread and/or my character before deciding it would be too much for the database and that there was enough code in it to hurt my head by time I got to that point with my character. So it’s really nice that it made it into the RP anyway.
:D I'm glad I could put it into the RP! It was such a nice code for something in this theme, it felt right to use.

Also, I posted my character sheet! Missing some images at the end, but otherwise all pertinent information is on there.

Just Edited my CS With a tad of code and detail, working on a similar thing with my race.

Jackson123 Jackson123 Xenobiology Xenobiology Karcen Karcen
Accepted! They all look super awesome!

Not that anyone wanted to know that but there we go…

I agree! I think we’re gonna have a really interesting and diverse selection of characters and I can’t wait to see how they all interact with each other.
So I wanted to ask, is this going to be a serial adventure or one over-arching story? You mentioned thinking up story beats and I wanted to get more on that before brainstorming anything

Xenobiology Xenobiology Accepted!
I love them!

So I wanted to ask, is this going to be a serial adventure or one over-arching story? You mentioned thinking up story beats and I wanted to get more on that before brainstorming anything
The plan is for there to be multiple 'arcs' with underlying threads that connect them all together. So though we could go on multiple different individual adventures, there may be times that something big happens that's been building up for some time.
I hope that makes some kind of sense
Probably more serial with the potential of large overarching stores happening from time to time that cover many smaller adventures

Xenobiology Xenobiology Accepted!
I love them!

The plan is for there to be multiple 'arcs' with underlying threads that connect them all together. So though we could go on multiple different individual adventures, there may be times that something big happens that's been building up for some time.
I hope that makes some kind of sense
Probably more serial with the potential of large overarching stores happening from time to time that cover many smaller adventures
One more thing, you mentioned early on that we might get to include some small encounters as little detail, could you elaborate on that? I have a few other ideas for aliens and planets but wanted to get those stipulations first

Lost Echo Lost Echo accepted! I think they’ll be super interesting!

One more thing, you mentioned early on that we might get to include some small encounters as little detail, could you elaborate on that? I have a few other ideas for aliens and planets but wanted to get those stipulations first
There wasn’t anything specific that I had in mind to elaborate on. I think the idea was just that as bigger stories and the such are happening, there can still be smaller interactions and events that happen around the bigger arcs. Be that encountering a vessel in need of rescue or there being a party held on the ship or bumping into another ship.

Anything pretty much as long as it fits within the realms of the Rp

If you wanna run any ideas past me or discuss any ideas here and/or in the discord then feel free to do so

Users who are viewing this thread

Back