The New OOC and Hangout

You guys know she is 23 right? Exact birthday unknown, but she is of age to drink and so forth...

You guys know she is 23 right? Exact birthday unknown, but she is of age to drink and so forth...
I'm 21 and I'd be horrified to wear something as skimpy as that. Plus, Manami tends to act younger than she actually is.

She was 17 before she escaped. She has been with the Hamasakis for 6 years, most of which was spent rebooting her social norms. By the time she arrived at AEGIS she was functioning on par with an 8 year old, but training has been very good for her, and she is rapidly coming into her own. She might be naive, and there is no doubt that she is a little slow, but she is not incompetent.

I am thinking maybe if she graduates she will apply to become the assistant EC teacher or possibly MD, and may well join Luther on her nightly excursions.

holy shit i thought manami was 15

It is hard to judge the age of Japanese women under the age of 40 or so. They tend to be kind of baby faced, and strive to seem even younger than they are. To a lesser extent this is true of young men also. 19 year olds frequently could pass for 14 or under and 35 or so, they mostly look about 19 to 22.

Then there is the fact that Manami has blue scales and such. That tends to throw off your age detectors

For me, it's because she comes across as so naive and bubbly, more akin to a perky teenager than a young adult.

Also, for the characters who graduate, I want to start splitting the RP into school and non-school plotlines. I think it's appropriate, since in a way we're kinda graduating from the narrative confines of an academic setting to a larger world.

.... Also because I don't think we have enough teacher slots for students to graduate and come back as teachers.

...I want to start splitting the RP into school and non-school plotlines. I think it's appropriate, since in a way we're kinda graduating from the narrative confines of an academic setting to a larger world.

.... Also because I don't think we have enough teacher slots for students to graduate and come back as teachers.

Are you kidding? We can't keep half the classes crewed for more than an episode, and we have all of two assistant teachers for 7 classes... one of whom is effectively the main teacher due to prolonged silence.

It's like EVERY class at AEGIS is cursed like DAtDA in Hogwarts, except CD and EC

Not that I am against branching out. I just think Manami would want to stick around a while, even if it is just as a gopher for the the assistant teachers.

XD fair enough. I have to make sure that each player only controls like, two staff members tops though, as I go forward. One thing that really annoyed me about the last school RP I ran, is that everyone wanted to be a teacher and no one actually cared about playing students.

Well Lucas certainly isn't going to graduate at this rate! Maybe Manami can stay on as a TA for 'post graduate' training but remain technically a student. I think she clearly still has a lot to learn...

For me, it's because she comes across as so naive and bubbly, more akin to a perky teenager than a young adult.

Also, for the characters who graduate, I want to start splitting the RP into school and non-school plotlines. I think it's appropriate, since in a way we're kinda graduating from the narrative confines of an academic setting to a larger world.

And then we can open the RP to new players to fill in the gabs of the two running storylines. Then there can be episodes with two or three running plot lines, the facility and the over all city. XD It will be glorious!

Actually I was thinking the other plot would take place either DC (again), or NYC.... or somewhere in California.

guess who's back
Back again?
Swooby's back. Tell a friend

Also, also, I'm gonna take a minute and apologize for my long absence and add another one on top. Things have been pretty heated this summer for me (pun intended). As I've had to take my end of high school exams and now I'm going to apply to some universities. One of those happens to be an art college so wish me luck there hah! On the other end, I've lost both track of Aegis and some interest in it, to the point of considering a longer hiatus with which I hope to revive my interest. Aside from that, I'm also going to be gone the whole month of August as the college I'm applying to hosts something like a summer camp to prepare for the admission tests we'll take in September.

With that said, I'll still lurk around in the AEGIS discord and on discord in general. I'd like to formally apologize to Gus Gus because I'm not going to be playing Eve for the remainder of this episode. I very much appreciate all of the players here, but I believe he deserves a special mention. I've made some wonderful friendships here and rediscovered older ones and for that I'm grateful. I will also try to maintain these friendships as I wouldn't wanna be a jerk.

<3

Also, also, I'm gonna take a minute and apologize for my long absence and add another one on top. Things have been pretty heated this summer for me (pun intended). As I've had to take my end of high school exams and now I'm going to apply to some universities. One of those happens to be an art college so wish me luck there hah! On the other end, I've lost both track of Aegis and some interest in it, to the point of considering a longer hiatus with which I hope to revive my interest. Aside from that, I'm also going to be gone the whole month of August as the college I'm applying to hosts something like a summer camp to prepare for the admission tests we'll take in September.

With that said, I'll still lurk around in the AEGIS discord and on discord in general. I'd like to formally apologize to Gus Gus because I'm not going to be playing Eve for the remainder of this episode. I very much appreciate all of the players here, but I believe he deserves a special mention. I've made some wonderful friendships here and rediscovered older ones and for that I'm grateful. I will also try to maintain these friendships as I wouldn't wanna be a jerk.

<3
I'd say I'm gonna miss ya, but then you said you'd still be around in Discord....
Ahhh screw it!

I'M GONNA MISS YOU!!!!!! <3

Last edited:
WAIT
It just dawned on me that this means 2-7 is in hiatus too!
Dang, I was having fun >w<

You better bring it back once you're back or I'm gonna be mad! (Kidding, I don't actually get mad but, please bring it back? *puppy eyes*)
Ahh, and good luck as well!!!! I was packing and stuff so things totally slip my mind!
Aldur Aldur

WAIT
It just dawned on me that this means 2-7 is in hiatus too!
Dang, I was having fun >w<

You better bring it back once you're back or I'm gonna be mad! (Kidding, I don't actually get mad but, please bring it back? *puppy eyes*)
Ahh, and good luck as well!!!! I was packing and stuff so things totally slip my mind!
Aldur Aldur
Thank you! And yeah, once it's back though I'll prpbably do a timeskip.

Last day before we start the exams.

• If you are not already in a group please find one.
  • Groups please select or create one or two NPCs to control in your group
  • Once an NPC is selected please pick a face claim and slap it on an NPC card that Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun made.
  • Message Gus or I, the final NPC card once its all pretty and perfectness so that it can be posted with the rest, in the exam post.

Manic requested a thingy to put the NPC's FC and power. After playing with the code a bit, this is what I came up with:

iiNPC Card:
ffd377367e19eaf59d578f2d455862e3.jpg

--Name--

Name Spot

--Power--

Power Spot

Code:
[Div=Width: 600px; Height: 280px; background-color: lightblue; padding: 8px 12px 10px 10px; border-radius: 10px; border:2px solid navy; position: relative; left: 90px; display: inline-block;][COLOR=Transparent]ii[/COLOR][FONT=Comfortaa][SIZE=5]NPC Card:[/SIZE][/FONT][row][column=span3][div=border: 2px solid #454545; padding-bottom: 0px; height: 233px; margin-top: 10px;][IMG]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/ff/d3/77/ffd377367e19eaf59d578f2d455862e3.jpg[/IMG][/div][/column][div=border: 2px solid #454545; border-radius: 10px; padding-top: 30px; height: 203px; margin-left: 15px; margin-right: 5px; margin-top: 10px;][column=span2]
[CENTER][B][FONT=Comfortaa][SIZE=6]--Name--[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Comfortaa]
[SIZE=5]Name Spot[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
[/column][column=span3]
[CENTER][B][SIZE=6][FONT=Comfortaa]--Power--[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
[FONT=Comfortaa]
[SIZE=5]Power Spot[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
[/column][/div][/row][/div]

It's supposed to go either in the start or end of the posts containing the NPC, and though I made it to not be too big, neither too small, you can also hide it with a spoiler tag and keep everything neatly and such. >w<

If your group has two NPC's, I could make it smaller so that the two 'ID's can fit beside each other in a single line~

And anyone who can't code and need me to adapt the border to their own FC (because the height differs, so you'll need to set the desired value), can also ask me to do it for them and I will gladly do so! OWO

PS: I have a suggestion! Make the BG color the color of the team from the spreadsheet~~
PS2: I can't make it look good on mobile, like everything I code >w<
Bumping the cards because then no one needs to go to the last page!!
I'm in the bus right now, but will assist people with coding as soon as I get at my parents' OWO7
Just leave me a tag here or discord.

(Hopefully nothing broke just because I quoted it from the cellphone >.> *crosses fingers*)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back