• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
"Everything ok? You seem...tense." he looks over with a semi-death stare with mostly curiosity. "Do you have to use the bathroom?" he was very serious. "There are several places you can go I'll be right here waiting for ya." he went back to looking at the flower.

She gave a nonchalant but blank stare to Mark. "No, I Just..." She didn't want to tell him that she wanted to blow something up, or something. "I... Well..." Black Friday wondered how she could put this without seeming crazy... Which she was, but that didn't matter right now. "... Being The Embodiment Of Bad Luck Itself, I Often Have Tendencies To... Want To Destroy Things," she started off saying. "That Usually Includes Things Like... Well... That Flower." Black Friday sighed heavily, lowering her eyelids a bit. "But You're Cool Peeps And I Don't Want To Do Anything That Might Upset You, Ya Know? Plus, I'm Supposed To Control That Urge Within Me, Even When I'm Away From Home. I..." Suddenly, Friday trailed off. "I... Just Don't Have The Chance To Destroy Things Too Much Anymore, Even When I'm On The Job." Her job was being in control of superstition and misfortune, but she very much liked the destruction part of it.

Black Friday turned away from Mark. "I Guess... You Wouldn't Understand. It's In My Nature To Be Destructive, And..." She paused. "Even My Husband Gave Me The Nickname 'Destructo-Bitch'. If You Can Believe It. Hahaha." One of her many pet names. Black Friday prod her index fingers together cutely, then said, "... Anything Around Here Need Destroying...?"

Mark looked over at her with a blank stare. "No." his low glowing blue eyes slowly brighten up. He was a guardian of the forest so anything that has to do with destruction of the forest wouldn't go past him. He continued with to hold blank stare the cold blueness of his eyes peering into Black Friday's empty sockets.

Black Friday felt Mark's intent, but kept a blank stare of her own. "Well Then..." She saw his eyes begin to glow and felt like he wanted to attack her. But she was in control... She wouldn't let herself give in to the destructive nature of herself. She kept her cool and said, "... That Sucks." Black Friday closed her eyes, but she did not smile. She was actively holding back her own nature. But after a while, she opened her eye sockets again and stared at Mark. "... I Wouldn't Want To Have To Fight You, Anyway. You Or The Other Guardians." Black Friday thought hard -- Mark had a family. Friends. Life to protect. Black Friday being antagonistic here would only ruin what her husband sought to accomplish by merging the Veritas with other worlds as a show of peace. 'Peace...' she thought, letting the love for her husband keep her in check. "... Don't Worry. I Came Here On The Job, But I Don't Think I'll Be Doing What I Came Here To Do." She thought of what it would be like if someone came to the Veritas trying to destroy it, and she calmed herself.

He smiled "Thank you! Hey wanna play another game? I was thinking another game of tag I think I know how I could win this time. But you're it first so you're gonna have to keep up." he had a smug grin on his face he was ready for a rematch.

Black Friday became docile again as Mark also seemed to remove the tension from the air. She, too, had a smirk on her face when he insisted that he was able to beat her at tag this time. "Oh Yeah?" Back Friday questioned, "Well, Let's Just See What You've Got, Then!" Black Friday immediately took off toward Mark, extending her arm, which stretched due to darkness, out toward him immediately. If he ran, her arm would snake around the trees and whatever else, tracking him in order to tag him.

He moved faster than he did the first time they played tag he seemed to leave random after images. He was running around in the trees on the ground and swimming through ponds and lakes. He kept moving around the forest never stopping or slowing down slowly getting faster and faster. He keeps going around the forest. He won't be easy to catch.

It was clear that Black Friday wouldn't be able to catch Mark using speed or the power of darkness right now, so she had to rely on... Malfortuna.

Thinking quickly, Black Friday traced the afterimages and started to catch on to Mark's pattern throughout the forest. With precision like that of a sniper, Black Friday shot some Malfortuna into the general area where Mark was running, a rock suddenly 'entering' his path to trip him up. Black Friday smiled and snapped her fingers, the Malfortuna then spreading through the ground of the forest through that rock. If Mark was not tripped, roots of trees would 'suddenly' uproot themselves from the ground and become stumbling blocks for his feet as he ran.

If Mark did indeed trip, Black Friday would appear before him from the darkness and tag him before he could recover.

He tripped on the rock but he landed on his hands and did a hand spring into the tree branches and swung on them and started to move in random directions. He kept building up speed leaving a smaller amount of after images behind him. It seemed the after images were moving on there own in different directions from where the next one is almost as if he was controlling them himself.

She was thrown off by the afterimages moving in different directions and couldn't direct her Malfortuna in the proper ways to cause some type of random unlucky event to happen to Mark. "Dammit..." Black Friday muttered, trying to figure out what to do about this. "I May Have To Bring Out The Big Guns..." Black Friday said to herself, closing her eyes and concentrating deeply.

Black Friday: "Black Opal."

Suddenly, all around Black Friday, black numerous black spheres appeared in the sky -- one for each afterimage of Mark and Mark, himself. They had the ability to lock on to energy signatures of what had already touched Black Friday and basically trail them indefinitely. No matter what afterimage Mark used, he would find that there was a Black Opal waiting for it. What these Black Opals did was consume energy they locked on to just by being near to it. This would likely absorb the energy that Mark used to create the afterimages in the first place as well as drain Mark himself of his own energy until he slowed down and Black Friday could catch him. She would chase only the Black Opal that locked on to the real Mark, and after the afterimages were absorbed, the others would find ways to block off Mark's movements and force him in directions that Black Friday wished so she could corner and catch him, or else he'd run the risk of running out of energy from the constant drain of the Black Opals.

Black Friday: "I'm Gonna Getcha, Mark! Hahahaha!"

Black Friday reached out to tag him if he slowed down.

Mark noticed this and fed the Black Opals energy balls to try and slow them down he also threw clones at her making sure they grazed her to maybe draw some black opals away from him he slowed down a little but not enough for her to catch him he kept going grabbing fruits off of nearby trees and small pebbles every now and then.

"He's Slowing Down..." Black Friday noticed, her Black Opals still doing their jobs, "... But It's Not Enough..." She had to think of a way to stop him completely. She knew exactly how, however.

Black Friday: "Ace Of Clubs!"

With all of the energy from each of the Black Opals, they would change into enormous cards of Malfortuna energy that would serve as barriers to block off Mark and stop him from advancing completely. They surrounded him quickly and would try to trap him in place so that Black Friday could catch him that way. If he had a way to pass through the Malfortuna barriers, he would suffer the effects of Malfortuna and be subject to Black Friday's power directly. "I Bet I Got Him This Time!" she said triumphantly, hovering above the closed off area and sealing the top with a hand of darkness, which would soon press downward, ready to tag Mark and everywhere else he was in the vicinity of.

Mark immediately dug down and zoomed off. He didn't want to go out that fast. He was in it to win it and he wasn't going to get tagged easily.

"Always Going Underground..." Black Friday uttered under her breath, furrowing her brow. "Damn Woodland Critters..." They all had earthly attributes that gave them abilities over the earth, which Black Friday had to deal with on Mark's home field. The barriers fell and returned to being the manna of Malfortuna, coursing through the ground, just like last time. "Misfortune Wave..." The Malfortuna manna that surged through the ground would shoot through it like seismic waves and traverse the underground field swiftly, charging it with Malfortuna. Black Friday would have the power to cause unfortunate events such as earthquakes to occur because of the Malfortuna, which should have forced Mark out of the ground and also charged him with Malfortuna, which also drained his energy.

Mark kept going then suddenly he was gone. He disappeared he was no where in the forest. He was just gone. He wasn't in the trees. He wasn't underground. He was just...gone. But the question is where did he go?

Because the 'Misfortune Wave' surged through the underground of the entire forest, the trees would all be afflicted with Malfortuna from Black Friday. This would cause the forest itself some misfortune just from the manna alone being so multitudinous in an enclosed environment. Bad things would start happening, such as withering, general madness, and spontaneously falling or being struck.

"He's Around Here Somewhere..." Black Friday presumed, using her powers on the entire forest at the exact same time, "But If He Isn't, The Darkness Of Unknown Will Grant Me Sight Into His Whereabouts." Black Friday controlled metaphysical darkness as well as actual darkness, wherein which she was able to manipulate conceptual darkness as opposed to present darkness. That done, her pitch black eyes glowed with a dark purple light and the proverbial darkness that Mark left behind by disappearing suddenly and becoming unknown would come up as a vision within the sockets of Black Friday. Something like a 'Third Eye' sight. "I'll Find You..."

He was teleported to the sky without his knowledge he was just up there slowly falling down. He wasn't gonna give up his location though he was just chilling up there. He wasn't going to be in the forest for a bit so he was going to occupy himself with something while he floats down. He starts to play tic tac toe with a crow. He wasn't winning much be didn't have enough losses to make it embarrassing.

Black Friday eventually found Mark floating through the sky leisurely, which sort of pissed her off. Lowering her eyebrows, Black Friday then squinted as she looked up, saying, "Found You..." By this time, the Malfortuna had engulfed the forest entirely underground, and Friday was able to manipulate that monstrous amount of energy. Using the very trees of the forest, Black Friday had the Malfortuna surge through them and release another 'Misfortune Wave' up into the sky above. The ripples of the wave were violet and visible due to their strength, but still had the same effect of making things fall into misfortune. Mark's pleasant trip down would become a turbulent terror as the winds picked up and the sky became dark.

Whilst all of that was going on, Black Friday took the opportunity to get the jump on Mark... Darkness pooled up behind him as clouds drew together around his body, making visibility quite difficult, and the casting of a shadow or darkness much more easy...

Mark was just vibing in the clouds he could see just fine in the darkness he still isn't sure about whether it was the fox spirit in him or the elf in him. He continued playing tic tac toe casually avoiding any lighting strikes that may or may not happen. He then gets a three game win streak on the bird. "Haha! I got you!" he laughs at the bird and continues to beat the bird in many more games.

"And I've Got You!" Black Friday shouted as the darkness folded all around him from everywhere in the clouds. The darkness that they brought enveloped him completely, which left Black Friday to appear from it with the binding darkness attached to her arm like a hand. "I Can't Believe You Were Playing Cards With A Bird," Black Friday said casually, untwining Mark after effectively catching him. "You're Good At This, But My Special Abilities Make This Easier For Me, You Know." Black Friday snickered.

"So, We Gonna Keep Playing Now That I've Got You, Or...?" Black Friday didn't know how Mark felt... Nor if the forest would be up to some of their games anymore. The usage of the Malfortuna made it so that the forest was having its effects slightly because of all of the contamination of the manna.

Mark looked at the forest snapped and it returned to normal. "The forest will start yelling at me if this kind of games keep going." he looked a little worried.

As a guardian of the forest, Black Friday wasn't at all surprised that Mark could return it to normal if he so chose. She didn't use too much of her energy to make it difficult for him, either. In fact, most of the energy was up in the air, as it had been removed from the forest previously in order to trap Mark. Whatever of the Malfortuna was left, Black Friday would absorb back into herself and hover before Mark with a dead look on her face. "Yeahp, That'll Happen When You Mess Around With Me..." she uttered somewhat emotionless.

"Why Don't We Just Talk, Then?" Black Friday asked. "Sure, It's Not Really My Thing To Be So Chatty, But... You Seem Cool." She crossed her arms and shrugged a little bit. "I'll Spill A Little Bit About Some Things."

His eyes sparkled as he turned to her. "What's your favorite color?!" He was very excited to hear her answer.

Black Friday's eyeless sockets sunk as Mark's eyes glimmered. "Black," she'd say blandly, raising up her arm with the black fingerless glove and using the other to spread out her gothic lolita dress, "If You Couldn't Tell." Her rather monotonous appearance of black-and-white made her almost like a character from an old cartoon before color. "I Guess I Can Ask You The Same Thing..." Black Friday said as she started floating toward the ground, "But I Also Have Questions About This Forest And About The Beings That Live Here." Normally, she didn't take much of an interest, but since she wasn't destroying anything this time around... She figured she'd get to know what this place was all about. "What Are The Other Guardians? And Where's Your Family? Can I Meet These People?"

Mark floats down like a feather saying 'Weeeeeee!' as he floated down. When he lands on the ground he listens to Black Friday's questions "The other guardians are some orcs, other elves, some fairies, I think a pixie recently joined and the best of all me!" he stood in a stance with his chest puffed out and his shoulders broad like some sort of superhero from a comic and he smiling only to start laughing at himself. "As for meeting the other guardians I don't know they patrol all the time so it's hard to catch one of them off duty. But my brother might be off patrol right now we can go meet him a his usual spot. But as for my family well blood related there is only my brother left." he paused going silent but it was a painful silent as if he just watched someone die then he shakes his head and brings the smile back to his face. "But by marriage I have my husband Sama and our daughter May and Sama's sister uhhm I forgot her name but she doesn't really visit that often so ehhhhh." he shrugged it off as he started to swing to where he assumes his brother will be trying to remember what Sama's sisters name is. "Oh and my favorite color is purple!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back