• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

ninja nugget

Can I have some spare serotonin?
Deep into a forest where so deep that the night is almost pitch black and the day is a delight. In the part of the forest where the magical creatures reside a man with pointy ears is sitting in a tree eating an apple. His hair a dark blue. He has a semi muscular body build. As he sits there he thinks to himself. His mind drifts off to a blank state as he continues to eat the apple.

Suddenly, from another dimension, a portal opened up -- a Dimension Gate -- which harbored a dark looking woman with a black Gothic Lolita dress on and matching gloves and thigh high black boots. Her hair was pitch black, as were her eyes, which were only sockets; they were eyeless holes. However, there were three blue streaks in her hair that went down her bangs. She floated in on wings of tattered dark energy, a smirk on her pale face looking as if she were wanting some mischief.

"Heh, Looks Like It's About Time For Me To Do My Duties Again," the strange dark fairy said raising a hand with pure darkness swirling about it, "This Place Is About To Meet An Unfortunate Fate." Though she was eyeless, she could see through her sockets, and she gazed upon the tree where the man with pointy ears was. She looked at him and the darkness around her hand faded away. "Yo," the dark fairy called out, "Who Are You?"

"Hm?" He looks down at the dark fairy. "I'm Mark a guardian elf of this forest. Can I ask what that dark energy is around your hand. That's a nice outfit." he swings down and lands in front of her. "Woah your eyes are gone do you need help finding them? I am pretty good at finding stuff I could help you if you want. You wings look damaged you should probably get them looked at. Can you see me? How can you see me? I'm probably talking too much anyways. Hi I'm Mark." he put out a hand.

The dark fairy lowered her eyelids a little bit as Mark spoke, his assumptions about her body slightly irking her. She did wait until he was finished before she spoke, but she was no longer smirking mischievously. "That Dark Energy You Saw Is Called 'Malfortuna'," the dark fairy said. "It Has The Power Of All Bad Luck, And I Control It Completely. For I Am..." She spun around in the air, her tattered dark energy wings fluttered vivaciously as she raised her arms into the air. "The Friday The Thirteenth Fairy!" She coughed into her fist, lowering her hands. "Er, Her Dark Side, Anyway. Black Friday." To the comment about her wings, she said, "My Wings Are Made Of Dark Energy, For I Am Also A Dark Goddess With Complete Mastery Over The Darkness." Black Friday was a lot, but outwardly 'friendly' was not one of those things. She was always looking for ways to keep herself entertained, but couldn't do so too much back in her homeworld at the risk of wrecking it. So she decided to bring her wreckage to other dimensions instead.

"My Job Is To Bring Misfortune," she said to Mark, gazing down at his hand, "So I've Come To Shake Things Up For This Place. It's Due For Some Nasty Misfortune, Anyway, If I'm Correct." And she liked to be correct about what she did as a being. "As For My Eyes..." she started to say, "Or, Lack Thereof..." she went on, "... I See Through The Same Darkness That I Control. It's No Different From Having Eyes. Besides, The Eyes Belong To My Good Half, Friday. Who Is The Complete Friday The Thirteenth Fairy." Black Friday shrugged. "We're Both Named 'Friday' Because We're Two Parts Of The Same Being, But I'm Like Her Shadow. She's Also Known As 'Good Friday', Even Though She Can Also Control Bad Luck. It's Just That She Controls Good Luck, Too, See, Which Is What Makes Her 'Good Friday', Or Just Plain Old 'Friday'." The explanation was long, but it was hopefully informative.

Black Friday crossed her legs in the air and crossed her arms as well, the Dimension Gate closing behind her. "Mind Filling Me In On Where We Are? I Just Kinda Went Where My Energy Took Me And Ended Up Here. Which Is A Bad Thing For This Place, If My Energy Wanted Me To Come Here And Do What I Do Best." She chuckled. "Heh Heh Heeeeeh...!"

"Should I call you Friday or Black Friday...Well since you said you control black energy and you like to cause mischief. But you follow your energy blindly without any thought." he started pacing around as he spoke. "You appeared here through a weird portal you are a very edgy looking person. Hmmm...well that's a thought for another time." he pulled his hand back and placed it on his chin. "This is the Mystical forest where magical creatures reside I am an elf if you couldn't tell by the ears my husband and daughter are off somewhere else I don't where at the moment. The forest is sacred and has many protectors but not all of them are as nice as me." he smiled. "I'm also part fox spirit. But we don't have to talk about that right now if you don't want to. So do you want to play a game it's pretty boring just sitting guard waiting for ultimately nothing." he said with a slight sigh.

"Huuuh, An Elf, Eh?" Black Friday questioned, "Yeah, You Look Like The Elves From My Dimension. They're Called 'Ari' Though Where I'm From." Though technically she was from a different realm than the realm she resided in, but since they were merged now, it really didn't matter. "I Hail From The Dream World, But I Live In A Dimension Called 'The Veritas'. It's A Place My Husband Created When The Dimension He Lived In Was Destroyed." Black Friday smirked again, snickering to herself. She remembered it like it was yesterday, that mayhem. She floated upside down and reclined, looking at Mark from her new position. "Yeah, I Live On The Edge. I'm Basically Bad Luck Incarnate, So It's Second Nature For Me." She came here to have some fun by destroying things, but it didn't seem like that was going to happen. Because of her husband, she kept herself in check from her primal urges to destroy nowadays.

"We Can Do Whatever You Want, Guy. I Came Here To Have A Good Time, Be It By Destroying Things Or Otherwise." She shrugged, then floated rightside up. "Just Call Me Black Friday," she said with a heavy sigh. "You've Got Family Do Ya? I've Got Some Kids, Myself. I'm Just About As Complex As You Are. Not Only Am I Dark Fairy, But I'm Also A Dark Goddess. My Husband's Part Fox Spirit, As Well As Several Other Things." She made a wry face and gazed off to the side. "He's A LOT Of Things, But He Found A Way To Keep Himself... Balanced." Black Friday was only a fairy and a Goddess, but her husband was like... A million other things. "So Don't Think You're Alone When It Comes To Being Other Things." Black Friday placed her hands behind her head, locking her fingers. "We Can Talk About Whatever You Like. I Don't Mind. Play A Game. Chat. Destroy Stuff. You Name It." She really wanted to destroy stuff the most, though. Primal urges and all.

He pepped up and smiled. "Can we play hide and seek? I love hide and seek I'm the greatest hide and seek player in the forest. I even got a trophy for it." he was proud of himself. "Sorry I tend to brag without realizing but I don't mean to. I sometimes just do. But I would like to play hide and seek I like hiding but I will seek if you want me to. I'm not too bad at it. So you up for it?" he looked at her while she was upside down basically bouncing in place.

Black Friday quirked a brow. "Hide And Seek, Huh? Heh, I Think You Should Do The Hiding, Because You'd Never Find Me If I Hid," she laughed. "But Whatever, Do What You Want. I'm Sure I'll Find You." Black Friday was no slouch, herself. Plus she had plenty of tricks up her sleeves that she could use to scope someone out. But this was Mark's forest after all, and he knew it better than she did. It was going to be a challenge, most likely. "I Don't Doubt That You're Good If You Got A Trophy, Though," she had to admit.

"Anyways, Yeah, Let Me Start Counting." Black Friday closed her eyes and started to count to ten somewhat slowly, giving Mark a chance to hide somewhere in the forest, or wherever he was going to hide. Black Friday wasn't a mind reader. She was a dream eater, but not a mind reader.

Mark went deeper into the forest swinging through the trees at somewhat high speeds he then dove into a lake into a secret passageway the lake was pretty big so you wouldn't be able to see the passageway at first glance. He swam down into a small pocket of air where he sat and waited listening for anything moving ready to make a quick getaway.

By the time Black Friday was done counting, Mark was already at his location. "Mweheheheh, Let Me Just See Where You've Gone..." She gazed into the darkness of the forest -- which, because she was a Dark Goddess, served as eyes for her -- and traced the path of where Mark had gone through the shadows. Cleverly, Black Friday tracked him via the darkness all the way to the lake. "Aw, Swimming?" she groaned, making a pouty face, "Well, Whatever. Let Me See Where He Is Under Here..." The darkness of the depths of the water would forcefully part the upper half as Black Friday commanded it, making a pathway for her. She looked around and tried to find Mark. "Where Is He...?" she wondered.

That was when she happened upon the secret entrance.

"Score," Black Friday said as she continued tracking Mark via the darkness of the elements, "I Sense That He Is Around Here Somewhere..." Hopefully he was able to use other means of getting away from her, because the darkness was definitely her friend right now. She was about to find him.

Mark was listening and he heard the water part he went through another pathway and sealed it off running deeper into the forest to put more distance between him and her. He kept running and running gong deeper and deeper running in circles looping around trees over and over again in a random pattern and he went into underground tunnels that seemingly went on forever and decided to hide in one of them.

Black Friday could hear when Mark was escaping and said, "Aha! So This Is Where You Were!" But by the time she got there, he was already escaping back through another route. "Dammit, Don't Run From Me!" Black Friday shouted, smirking widely. When she came to the sealed portion of the pathway, she immediately knew that Mark had done this so he could escape. "Dammit...!!" The seal shouldn't have been hard to break, but it did let Mark escape her and hide somewhere else. "Mirror," Friday summoned, conjuring a mirror within the seal so that it would become like a mirror, "Break!" The mirror instantly shattered, taking the seal with it and falling to pieces on the ground.

"Now For The Real Work..." Friday noted, seeing how far and how fast Mark had run. "Hoboy. This Is Troublesome..." Black Friday did have a means to catch up, however... Fortunately, the forest was dark, or had some form of darkness to it, so she could travel through it like a fluid. She slipped into a slithering dark form, riding the darkness all the way up the trail that Mark left within the darkness. She did realize after a while of circling trees and going off in random directions that he was just buying time, but as much as he'd gotten, it wouldn't keep him from escaping her.

Finally, Black Friday reached the underground tunnels. "As Long As There Is Darkness, I Can Travel Through It," she mentioned, mostly to herself. She slid into the dark tunnels and became one with the darkness, instantly traveling around wherever it was dark. Eventually, she found Mark and came out of the darkness like it was a portal right behind him. "Gotcha!" she exclaimed, jumping out at Mark in order to surprise him. "No Matter Where You Go, As Long As There Is Darkness, I Can Find Ya," she told him, rubbing her nose with a finger smugly. "You Cannot Escape From A Dark Goddess In The Darkness, My Friend!" So much for being able to hide.

What she found was a clump of grass in the shape of Mark the actual Mark was long gone. He set up a decoy so he could by even more time. He wasn't going to be found that easily. He knew what he was doing he wasn't as dumb as he seems. It seems that this game of hide and seek was going on further than Black Friday thought.

By the time Black Friday realized that the Mark she found was a decoy, she cursed to herself, saying, "Damn Woodland Spirits...!" They were always so elusive with their methods... "But This Game Isn't Over Yet...!" Black Friday's eyeless sockets started to pour out darkness as she returned to the darkness of the underground. She would still be able to trail Mark as long as he was within the darkness, so she continued to follow where he was going. This time, however, she couldn't find him. "Damn, He Must Have Found Me Out!" She placed a hand to her chin, thinking deeply. "He's An Elf Guardian Of The Forest, So He's Gotta Be... In A Tree Somewhere!" She paused. "Like, Inside It Spiritually, Not Physically." Who was she talking to...? "Who Am I Talking To...?"

Regardless, Black Friday was going to have to find Mark, and her deduction was that he had taken this to a level where he was on his playing field rather than hers, making himself one with a tree. "I'll Just Look Around And Uh... Hm..." There sure were a lot of... Trees in a forest. She had to figure out a new way to locate him fast. Through the power of the darkness, she tried to sense where Mark had gone to, if he'd been in a tree or not. She was only making an educated guess and didn't actually know where he was now. He just wasn't in the darkness, that much was for sure, else she'd have found him already.

He had became a part of a tree nearby and had almost completely stopped breathing to hide all indications of his location. He was dedicated to winning this game of hide and seek he wasn't planning on giving up anytime soon. He always had a few tricks up his sleeve never wandering around the forest without them. He wasn't going to be easy to find he will not give up until he has won.

Black Friday, after wandering around for a while on a faint trace, eventually began to pick up some activity within a nearby tree. "Heh, I Knew He Was In A Tree..." she muttered to herself, wiping her nose with a thumb. "But He Probably Won't Come Easily... This Will Require Some Finesse." That said, she would conjure up some more "Malfortuna," as it was called, and summon a giant "Black Cat" to her aid that was made of misfortune and shadows. Whatever was unlucky enough to cross its path or have their paths crossed by it would be worse than unlucky, and the effects of being made 'unfortunate' would allow Black Friday another means to track Mark. "Go, Black Cat!" Friday commanded, throwing out her hand, the cat shooting through the shadows and around the nearby trees like a bolt of lightning. Whatever tree the Black Cat passed over would become accursed, and would allow for Black Friday to monitor it continually -- including Mark's tree.

When the Black Cat found that tree, Black Friday hovered toward it and surrounded it with a thick layer of darkness, harnessing all of the misfortune that was within the atmosphere and condensing it within the single tree rather than in multiple trees. The giant Black Cat jumped into the tree branches and would lie down. "Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are, Mark!!" Black Friday shouted, intending to squeeze him out of the tree by manipulating the darkness and the misfortune via Malfortuna.

It would seem he wasn't just in one tree but since she focused on one tree while he was in another he would just sink into the ground and slowly creep off not making his presence noticeable enough to where she would instantly find him but to the point he would have to make a very very loud noise to reveal his location. He didn't want it to be easy for her and by all means he wasn't going to.

Black Friday continued trying to squeeze something out of the tree that she was focusing on, sensing Mark's presence leave it. "Come On, Come On...!" She was growing impatient. When she came up with nothing after finding that she couldn't sense Mark anymore, she dispelled the darkness and her Malfortuna, causing the Black Cat to disappear. "Tch... He's Not Here Anymore." She was confounded as to how he could have escaped her when she was constricting the entire tree... But... Then she realized... "... The Ground!" She slapped her forehead, feeling dumb. "Duh, He's A Woodland Critter! He Can Definitely Slip Through The Earthly Elements Like I Can With The Darkness!" This angered Black Friday.

"Alright, I'll MAKE You Come Out!" she decided quite boldly. "Eat A Crow!" Friday conjured up some more Malfortuna to create a giant illusory Crow that was much larger than the trees of the forest. "GO!" she cried, sending out the Crow to pass through the trees, as it was intangible. Like the Black Cat, it would imbue whatever it touched with Malfortuna and allow Black Friday to trace the energy, as well as to control it to some degree. This overshadowing crow shot through a large chunk of the forest, as its wings were the size of several trees, and its body was like an illusion. Not a single tree fell, but those that it passed by would definitely harbor some of Black Friday's energy. The more trees the Crow flew over, the smaller it got, until it was the size of a normal crow. "Now For To Make You Cry Bloody Murder...!" Friday snapped her fingers and all of the trees infested with her Malfortuna sprouted Crows from their leaves that took up the entire treetops and made them all black. Each Crow was an eye for Black Friday to see and sense Mark as he traversed the forest. "Now... Spread Out!" Some of the Crows flew off into the darkness, whilst others remained in the trees. They were searching for Mark... Any and everywhere.

He was slithering underground almost back where they started and he just hid in that tree sending out decoys all over the forest making the purposely somewhat visible some more well hidden but they were all spread out so it wasn't easy to find the decoys either he would just camp at the start unless he had to make a get away. He was confident he would win.

Black Friday found the decoys of Mark and became enraged by the fact that she couldn't get a solid lock on him. When she got angry, her powers got more intense, and so did the misfortune that they caused. "Stop Running!" she shouted, withdrawing her crows to form a large ball of Malfortuna overhead, which she promptly flew into and became the core of. "It's Time For You To... BREAK A LEG!!" One of her more refined techniques, which debilitated the target and hindered all forms of movement with the power of Malfortuna. Black Friday released the ball of Malfortuna as a wave of black energy that spread through the entire land, passing over tree after tree harmlessly, doing nothing to the decoys nor the forest but filling it with Malfortuna. If and when it hit Mark, it would cause him to be immobilized wherever he was, and also let Black Friday know where his location was because of the Malfortuna that would bind his legs and his general movement capabilities, if not his legs themselves.

"This Time, You Will Not Escape!" The Dark Goddess was going to get Mark if it was the last thing she did. Slowly, she hovered toward the starting point where they first appeared together, giving Mark a little more time to try something else, even if he wasn't able to move. But Friday would still be able to track him as long as her energy was within him. "Don't Let Something Unfortunate Happen To You, Mark!"

Mark was prepared for this and called on some of his fox spirit energy releasing some of the darkness at least to the point where he was able to move again. He slipped into the ground and started spiraling every where underground he was moving at a very noticeable rate and he was not exactly hidden but he was definitely not going to be caught easily he was moving faster by the second his movements untraceable and his childish giggles echoing around the forest as he moves all around at seemingly the same time.

All of the Malfortuna that was above the ground would be swiftly embedded into the ground, causing the grass to become black and the underground to become accursed. As Mark traversed the underground, he should have felt that his energy was being drained. "Crack!" Black Friday shouted, a large crack suddenly appearing underneath the earth where Mark was traveling, right in his path. It had her Malfortuna energy in it and would stop him in his tracks and paralyze him as if it were a crack that one steps on to break the back. Friday had more than one way to immobilize a target, and Mark's going underground was his undoing. The Crack grew larger and more powerful the longer it was out.

"Well time for plan B." his body dissipates into a mist and spreads out among the forest in the brightest spots there are. He refused to lose. He was determined to win.

Black Friday wondered how long she was going to be chasing Mark around the forest. He had to be running out of options, and she intended to trap him. When he dispersed into mist, Black Friday could sense him all the way until he went into the light. He was spread out all over the place. "Grrr... I Have To Get Him To Get In One Place!" Black Friday shouted. Mark was getting on her last nerve with this game, but she was also determined to win.

"Malfortuna..." Friday started to conjure again, this time focusing it on the surface of the ground, "Violet Bloom." Suddenly, violet flowers that seemed to be made of a special energy started to sprout from the ground all over. They released a hallucinogen into the air that caused distortions in reality, allowing for Black Friday to control it at will as well as what hallucinations that the person saw. The mist that was Mark would merge with the hallucinogen that the 'Violet Blooms' released into the air, hopefully causing him to have hallucinations regardless of his form. If she could make him hallucinate, she figured she could cause him to return to his normal form and then carefully capture him.

Mark's body seemed to bounce around in the hallucinogen. He has been faced with hallucinations before and has his own childish ways of dealing with them. His body seemed to scatter even more but it stays in the light. He be one slip up and he could be in a tough spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back