• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
As long as Mark was within the range of the hallucinogen within the atmosphere, Black Friday could track his presence, no matter how scattered. "Choice," she said, getting a lock on Mark... To some degree, rather. He was still all dispersed as a mist, but that could be taken care of with a little bit of darkness... From space. "Alright, Now It's Time To Wrap This Up..." Black Friday muttered, placing her hands in front of her, palms facing each other. Within her palms, a cosmic looking darkness formed, bearing a spectral essence that was like that of the celestial bodies of space. She pulled her palms back, expanding the cosmic darkness swirling betwixt them, and it would draw in whatever she wished like a vacuum in space. This was hopefully powerful enough to suck in Mark no matter how far he spread himself, and then condense him back into a physical form. It strangely enough had no effect on the trees, though. Black Friday had total control over this suction, and Mark was the only target of it.

He used his elvish powers to make the forest do his bidding. He didn't plan on losing and he will don anything he can to prevent that from happening. He made trees sprout from the ground and surround Black Friday. Letting in only the light from the top of the forest where no darkness resides. He then solidified and became a fox spirit with wings and flew off into the distance as much as he could as far as he could he was still confident he knew he could win if he was persistent enough.

This was getting annoying to Black Friday. She didn't like anything that made her work too hard. But she did have powers to make up for it when she did. Raising her hands up into the air as the trees rose, she would create a shield of dark space that would block out the light above. She then flew into it, appearing now in space, way above the forest. "Evil Eye..." Black Friday uttered, pointing a finger at the forest. An enormous eye with a slit pupil gazed at the entire forest from up in space, following Mark as he went off in his fox form. "If I See You, Does That Mean I Win?" Black Friday taunted, the Evil Eye starting to glow at the pupil.

Without warning, the eye shot a beam from the iris that swept across the forest and wherever Mark would go, inflicting all sorts of ailments upon him if he were caught in its rays. The Evil Eye was like an eclipse of the sun and provided only the light of its beam that produced nothing but Malfortuna. This time, Mark was going to suffer all of the effects of the Malfortuna from immobilization to blindness to deafness to whatever the hell Black Friday wanted or needed at the time. Just being caught in the beam a little bit would inflict all of this. "Give Up Yet?" Black Friday called out from space, wondering if Mark could even hear her.

Mark in his fox form was much faster than in his elf form he was able to clear the forest in less than a minute he covered a lot of ground and was more agile as he made his way around the forest he would leave a symbol in his tracks that made a fiery orange glow to it but Black Friday probably couldn't see it because she was in space but he seemed to be tracing the forest slowly moving inward leaving behind an orange glow. He was doing something. But what exactly?

Though Black Friday herself did not see the trail left by Mark, the Evil Eye did, and it traced him all across the forest, spreading the malign Malfortuna along with its baleful gaze. Whatever the orange glow was, it would also be contaminated with the Malfortuna, merging Black Friday's energy with Mark's. With that done, he's have the 'misfortune' of losing control over his own energy trail, and though he made a clever escape, he would not be able to complete his plan as he intended. Black Friday made sure of that with the Evil Eye's stare.

After his plan fails he stops and lets the eye's beam hit him. He did his best and he lost fair and square. He went back into his elf form and sat down with a smile on his face. He lost. But he was fine with that. He didn't care he had fun and that's what he cared about.

Black Friday saw that Mark had given up after he'd been hit with the beam from the Evil Eye. She smirked, snapping her fingers and causing all of the Malfortuna in the forest to disappear, as if it were never there. The Evil Eye closed itself up and went away. Black Friday finally returned to the ground where Mark was and said in a joking fashion, "GOTCHA~! Heh, I Knew You Couldn't Run From My Eyes!" She paused, remembering that she had no eyes. "Er. Uh. I Mean." She scratched the back of her head. "Whatever." She floated before Mark and smiled at him with a mischievously cheeky expression on her face, hands behind her head and legs crossed. "Didja Have Fun?" she asked him, genuinely curious as to whether she was good company or not. "I Did. Even Though I Was Kinda Pissed, Too. But I Always Get Pissed." She yawned. "It's Part Of Being The Dark Side Of The Friday The Thirteenth Fairy. My Specialty Is Destruction And That Only Intensifies As I Grow More Upset."

Black Friday had been explaining a lot about herself, but she hadn't heard much about Mark and this forest he guarded with others. She didn't want to hog the spotlight. She shifted to her side in the air, placing a hand on her face and leaning on her elbow as if she were on the ground, gazing at Mark with her soulless sockets. "So Anyway, What's The Deal With You And This Forest? And You Said There Were Some Other Guardians Besides You? Plus, A Daughter And Husband? Give Me All The Deetz."

"It's a place where magical creatures can be without ya know...being hunted for being alive. It's hidden to the human world and you can only be let in through magic or someone from the inside pulls you in from outside. I usually just sit guard because every now and then people accidentally find this place either because they are of magical lineage or they got pulled in by accident. Yes I did have fun even though I lost but that made it even better. My husband and daughter are the best and we play tag like this all the time except I'm usually the winner unless I don't play. The other guardians usually patrol outside the forest taking different forms to hide their true identities it's really funny. They pick the scariest form they can then wonder why people don't want to approach them. I don't patrol outside because the forest won't allow me to leave it. It's possible that is the fault of the fox spirit in me that is connected to this forest but eh I don't really care to find out everything I need is in this forest." he said with a smile as he leaned back on his arms taking in everything around him.

She had mixed feelings about the hunting of mystical creatures for being alive. It was something that she used to do in order to acquire their souls, but she was one of them, herself. "I See, I See," Black Friday said, "Where I'm From -- The Dream World -- All Supernatural Creatures Live There, But Some Of Us Still Hunt Each Other For Each Others' Souls Because Souls Have Power To Them That Lets Us Grow Stronger." She shrugged. "It's Like That In The Veritas, Too. But, Instead Of Hunting A Supernatural Creature, You Can Now... Bond With It In Its Soul, Giving You The Power Of Its Soul Through Resonance With It." Black Friday thought. "Souls Are Like A Power Source For Us, So We Still Hunt, But Life Is Precious To Us, So We Bond." She wriggled her fingers around a bit. "But A Tasty Soul Is Still Quite A Snack For Me! Heheheh!"

Otherwise, Black Friday mostly listened to Mark's story about himself and this forest. Though the Dimension Gate wasn't magical, it did have properties that were like such, being both technology and energy at the same time. It could open up any dimension with coordinates, or randomly if one does not know where they want to go. But Friday was of the supernatural variety, being a Dark Fairy Goddess and all, so that may have explained why her energy was allowed to bring her to this forest.

"Glad You Had Fun," Black Friday said to Mark with a grin, "Just Let Me Know If You Want Me To Beat Ya At Something Else, Kay~?" Black Friday was smug, but it was part of her charm and personality. She could relate to the other guardians being in scary forms, since Black Friday assumed menacing forms, herself... If she felt like it. "I Kinda Do The Same Sometimes, Changing Into Scary Things. Mine Are More Spooky Than Anything, Though. It's Fun To Scare People. Heh Heh!" Black Friday did hear about beings that were bound to where they were located, though. It was actually quite common. "Can't Leave, Eh? Well, That Sucks." Black Friday shrugged again. "But, If You're Content With Not Leaving, Then That's Cool, Too. Not Like It's A Necessity Of Life Or Anything." But then, Black Friday wondered. "Do You Ever Get Bored Here Or Anything? Or Do Your Family And Other Guardians Keep You From Getting Bored?"

"I wouldn't be bored if it was just me in two trees I always find stuff to do even when there doesn't seem to be anything. I've always had that about me others say it's my special talent. No one is ever bored around me. I mean some are but they don't have any other emotions so does that count I don't know. Anyways wanna play tag? I like tag. I haven't played tag in a while. I should probably start playing it more. I'm probably talking to much again. So what do you say?" he looked over to Black Friday with the same excitement when he said he wanted to play hide and seek.

Listening to Mark, Black Friday nodded her head as he spoke. "Yeah, Yeah, I Get Ya." His talent for coming up with things to do would be what kept Black Friday entertained. The suggestion of 'tag' was met with a sly grin and the response, "Yeah, Sure. Let's Play!" Friday knew that she could keep up with the best of them, but she didn't know how well her Malfortuna would work for her in this situation... Unless she was using it to get in Mark's way to keep him from catching her, or to help her catch him. It might have been similar to the hide and seek game, but this time more openly active. "So, Who's Gonna Be 'It' First?" Black Friday asked.

Do you wanna go first or are ya scared I'll catch you immediately?" he had a smug grin he wanted to win once against her just to say he did. "I haven't even shown you everything I can do. Hide and seek was nothing I won't let you win this time."

Black Friday chuckled confidently. "Oh Yeah? I Haven't Even Shown You TRUE Darkness Yet..." She waved her hands around and streams of dark fluid flowed from her gloves and dissipated once she stopped moving her hands. "Since I Found You In Hide And Seek, You Have To Catch Me For Tag!" Black Friday placed her hands on her hips and struck a pose in the air, spinning around as she did so. "I'm Not The Fastest, But I Do Have The Darkness On My Side... And I'm Pretty Clever. I Won't Make It Easy For You," she said.

After that, Black Friday shouted, "YOU'RE IT!" and tagged Mark so that the game could get started. On her tattered wings of dark matter, she fluttered through the forest, occasionally turning into streams of darkness to maneuver around the trees better. She didn't know the forest, but she knew the darkness; it was the same anywhere anyone went.

He was already right on her he wasn't going to let her out of his sight every time she turned into darkness he just circles the area to wait for her to return to her physical form he then places a hand on her back. "TAG!!!" and seemingly disappears into the forest. He was moving faster than in the game of hide and seek. Maybe there was more to this elf that let on?

Surprised by Mark, Black Friday didn't expect him to speed up and be able to tag her so easily. He was fast and she wasn't able to outrun him, but she wasn't going to get tagged that easily, either. When he tried to touch her, his hand would pass through and she'd disperse into a bunch of bats made of darkness, which would flutter away and dissipate into the air.

"Hahaha! You're Not Gonna Catch Me That Easily, Mark!" Black Friday said from somewhere unknown, her voice echoing about. "But I Will Watch Out For Your Speed From Now On." He may have thought he tagged her because he was moving so fast, but she'd made sure to turn into bats before she was touched. Still, he probably couldn't tell the difference, so Friday had to explain. They were both somewhere unknown now, but Mark was still 'it' thanks to Black Friday's power.

He realized this and started trailing her again. "I won't let you get away easily either." he tapped several bats placing a hidden symbol on them he continued to do this until he got every last bat. "You will have to reform at some point Black Friday!" he had a mischievous smirk on his face.

If Mark was indeed fast enough to get every last bat that Black Friday dispersed into, then she would be in trouble already. They were made of darkness and not physical, so they couldn't be tagged normally, but he'd put a seal on them so that something would happen once they reformed. That was going to leave Black Friday in a predicament.

However...

"Heh, Don't Forget Who You're Dealing With Here!" Black Friday's voice echoed as the she called out afterward, "Malfortuna!" The general ability of 'Malfortuna' could undo the seals via bad luck, such as running out of energy, breaking suddenly, or failing altogether. Black Friday's Malfortuna was a powerful force, having control over general negative probability. Anything could happen that could go wrong with just about anything, and that would mean that she would use that to her advantage.

Finally, when the seals were broken by whatever means the Malfortuna had in store, Black Friday reformed high above the forest, gazing down to see what had become of Mark. She still didn't see him and he was moving faster than she could keep up with visibly, so her reaction time to him might have left her vulnerable if she stayed down in the forest -- his domain. However, the darkness of the forest is what protected her from getting touched, since she could turn into darkness more quickly than when she was in the light. She didn't know how Mark was going to come at her, so she didn't conjure up anything, but she was alert and on guard... Floating warily.

He seemingly appeared above below and on both sides of her cornering her completely. Then another Mark appeared behind her and tapped her on the back and they all dispersed they were all moving very fast but they all stayed on top of the forest.

Overwhelmed by the speed, Black Friday was quickly surrounded by Mark and then tagged without realizing it. "Dammit!" she shouted, turning around to find that Mark had already disappeared. "Well, Guess I'm It Then, Huh?" She just had to accept it. The real question was, though, how was she going to catch up with Mark?

Black Friday had options, but this wasn't like hide and seek where she had to simply find him. She actually had to catch him, too. She thought for a moment, but eventually came to the conclusion to use her power over darkness to help her out. She raised a hand and all throughout the forest in the line where Mark was traveling would hands of darkness shoot up from under the treetops, trying to grasp or tag Mark with their power. Likewise, Mark's shadow was a threat to him, as well. From behind him, the hands shot out of his shadow and sought to tag him that way, which seemed to be the simplest and easiest way to get him. Can't get away from your own shadow, after all.

He jumped and dodged and spun around through the shadow hands he kept dodging and he noticed his shadow was betraying him so he had to be extra careful and dodge even more. He continued to build up speed he might have been planning something or maybe he just really likes to go fast. Only Mark knows the answer and he won't give it up either.

As long as Mark's shadow was still close to him and he was near the darkness, it would rise up against him to try to grab or tag him. All the while, Black Friday took note of what Mark was doing and where he was going and decided that she would take even more initiative by sealing up the light that shone into the forest. From every corner of the forest, the darkness that was below the trees would raise higher into the air, but not to grab or restrain Mark. It would instead dome over the entire forest and seal it in complete darkness, giving Black Friday leeway to basically be omnipresent within the boundaries of the darkness. Mark would be halted by the pressure of the darkness all around him and Black Friday shouted, "TAG! You're IT!"

"Yeah I don't think I could win this if I tried. You win." He sat himself up his eyes giving off a blue glow. "I really wanted to win too. Oh well. Hey do you wanna see this cool flower I found a few days ago? It won't be hard to see in the dark but some of the creatures need daylight to survive so uhm could you take down the dome of darkness please?"

Black Friday sighed heavily with a loud "Ugh" and immediately retracted the barrier of darkness all around the forest. "I Was Only Gonna Keep It Up For Like, One Second After I Tagged You." When she appeared, she was right beside him, arms crossed and hovering gently in the air. "But Yeah, Show Me That Flower Then. This Is Your World. I Don't Know Anything About It, So Anything's Fine." Black Friday sniffed a bit then rubbed her nose, ready to follow Mark wherever he'd go.

He sunk down into the trees like an anchor as he was falling he seemed unfazed by the height he was falling at. When he was approaching the lowest branch on the tree he stuck out his hand and grabbed it and started to swing through the forest seemingly in a random direction. He continued to swing through the forest until he stopped at an oak tree and let himself fall to the ground. Landing softly he sat down in front of a glowing white flower. "I was just swinging around through the forest and I saw it but there isn't any other flower like this in the forest. So it's special."

Following Mark, Black Friday made note of the fact that he swung through the trees and how he made his way through the forest. Naturally, she followed along on her tattered dark energy wings, floating behind him to keep up with him as he swung. When they came to an abrupt stop, she halted before the beautiful white flower that was glowing. "Ohhh," she said with a hint of awe, "Reminds Me Of The 'Reality Flowers' We Have Back In My Dimension." She said. Suddenly, the urge to destroy came over her again, and she had to suppress her desires to obliterate the beautiful glowing plant. She did a good job, but the urge was there all the same...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back