• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Monstrous Adventurers (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Hmmm. How about this - you can ask for control of an enemy that you'll be fighting, so you can write attack and response and repeat in one post. If there's an important enemy I'll just maintain control and do the fight and reply method. Sound good?

ok Gryphtaur Gryphtaur , it can wait until tomorrow cos I know you're going to bed, but your character is just a little overpowered

Last edited:
in mindset and personality he's fascinating, but the Combat Empowerment and Violence Empowerment are just too powerful

He already weighs six hundred pounds, enabling him to acquire the potential to multiply that by five is a bit excessive

In addition, "easy to hit" isn't really a weakness when "his skin is strong as stone".

Interesting personality, fascinating thought process, but needs a nerf.

I can sneak in a quick response.

So I can forgo those 2 augmentations. I threw them in last second, so I don't mind just mutating that away. Without those in consideration, is it sufficient enough of a nerf?

Also flight is an incredibly powerful ability.
You're out of reach of any enemy who can't fly or hit you with a projectile and there's a ton of other advantages.

Well,I don't think flight in itself is much of a contest or a problem in this kind of story. If he needs to get something guarded by enemies (that may or may not indeed have projectiles),flying away from it isn't a solution.

Or more broadly indeed,there are problems that can't be solved by flying over/away from them. It's not like we're actually playing D&D as a game where flight can break the combat balance at lower levels.

Still,it's not my character and I'm not the planner here. Whatever change is agreed on is none of my business.

At the moment I think it's alright, but honestly we'll just have to see as time goes.

Alrighty. Got around to adding the backstory. Removed those 2 augmentations. I also added a thing to his weaknesses about how he has plateaued strength and combat stagnation. Which is kind of a hint at the partially satirical nature of this character. He's not gonna go around throwing all his power at foes, especially weaker ones. That'd be boring for him and a waste of time unless someone can match him. Given this may not particularly be a combat focused RP, it may allow me to explore the more comedic elements of the character that are certainly there.

I do appreciate everyone's feedback regarding his flight. You all do make very valid points. If need be I can make him a bit more awkward of a flier. Like he can't take off without a running start or a hefty leap. All things to think about. But Hazmat44 Hazmat44 , we good to go with the bird kitty? I'm an open book and I thank you for the consideration.

once Chai applies her character we can get started, but I'll probably have to wait until tomorrow for the first post. Sick as crap right now.

Sorry for the delay, as soon as I went to post it our internet gave out because oh, what luck!

Hi everyone! Looking forward to this awesome concept! Everyone's characters seem great and I can't wait for all the interactions. ^^

I second that notion. It's kind of a whacky bunch, but that's what can make it so great. Looking forward to this adventure we're soon to embark on. Good luck out there everybody

I second that notion. It's kind of a whacky bunch, but that's what can make it so great. Looking forward to this adventure we're soon to embark on. Good luck out there everybody
i can't tell if this is supposed to be whacky (as in they whack everything in their proximity) or wacky (ridiculous). either way it's hilarious.

I'm not entirely sure how mentions work, so I wasn't confident the edit actually notified anybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back