• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Monstrous Adventurers (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I'd like to keep it to one character per player, more for convenience than anything else.

All right, once Gryphtaur and ChaiLatte get their CS approved, we can get this show on the road

Hazmat44 Hazmat44 Not sure how rigidly we're following any ruleset here,but I'd say "ninjutsu" goes up to around spell level 4-5 out of 9,similar to 5th edition's Arcane Trickster.

Spells like Fireball or Phantasmal Killer,but not really wide-ranging,persistent effects that actual spellcasters can do. And even that would completely leave the user out of ki.

Hazmat44 Hazmat44 Not sure how rigidly we're following any ruleset here,but I'd say "ninjutsu" goes up to around spell level 4-5 out of 9,similar to 5th edition's Arcane Trickster.

Spells like Fireball or Phantasmal Killer,but not really wide-ranging,persistent effects that actual spellcasters can do. And even that would completely leave the user out of ki.
Ah, thank you very much. Not nearly so overpowered as I'd worried.

My character's an actual mage so he should be able to do more with magic. Also since we're starting out shouldn't we be lower powered?

Well,as I understand we're starting pretty low on the level of tasks we're being entrusted with,but not necessarily power level.

And the disparity between the job and the power that can be brought to bear is part of the...humor,I guess?

You can choose between your combat being dice-based or decision based.

Well,as I understand we're starting pretty low on the level of tasks we're being entrusted with,but not necessarily power level.

And the disparity between the job and the power that can be brought to bear is part of the...humor,I guess?
Something like that, yeah. In reality it'd be highly unlikely that a guild would even let half the characters in.

Alright, you'll be doing decision-based combat. Have you done combat in an RP before, and if so, how did it function for you? I already have a few methods, but I'd like to know what you're comfortable with.

Write an action and I'll determine how well it works.

i.e. "He threw a heavy punch at the man's skull,"

To which the controller of the enemy replies, "his skull caved in from the blow."

And so forth. Like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back