• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Means of an End: A Kingdom Hearts Story (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I dunno, for me personally, it's been tough to actually get invested in this with the way it's been going. The pacing's been very... weird? It feels like in these five pages, there's too much time given to combat, which is pretty stock D&D and not all too engaging in a text-based format. I think the fun part of D&D, which to me is exploring and engaging with a world and making choices, has been missing from this. What's burning me out is the RP feels kinda like it's on rails? Where we're just going through a string of combat sections and don't have much of a choice in the matter. That's my main grievance anyway, I can't speak for the others.

I think you kinda had a good idea of what to do, but was a little misguided in doing it. I think if you didn't have any plans to make the Academy section interesting in its own way, trying to speed and skip through it was definitely the best option. But then we still got kinda hung up on it with the encounters at the end. So we got the worst of both worlds, I think. We never had the time to develop our characters during the Academy section, and it still feels like it's been dragging on.

Mmm, if it were me, I would've immediately thrown everyone out of a long combat section into being able to explore a strange new world. I would've had the Unversed explode or something, do some weird Kingdom Hearts magic thing, and force everyone into the same world where they'd have to work together to solve the Darkness problem in that particular world and get out. I think something as sudden and drastic as that would be what'd revitalize everything, but I couldn't say for sure if that's the best choice.

But even then, I'd still be kinda wary about how everything would go from that point? I'd be worried that you'd still wanna put emphasis on combat, but the combat itself isn't that interesting because it feels too luck-based since we don't have many options in what we can do in battle besides attack to deal damage or cast a spell to deal damage. There's ways to deal with that too, maybe letting everyone's Keyblade have some special abilities to make them more unique in how they're able to fight? But those are all just my thoughts and I definitely don't know what's best.

I see that *sigh*
Well, I guess it's been fun then, sorry this didnt turn out as I had hoped for you all
Truly I was trying my best with handling it but, shit happens..

Perhaps it's time to shut it down
Thanks for playing all of you.

I mean, I didn't type all that to discourage you and make you give up. I was hoping it'd be good advice that we could use to bring things back and make something that's fun and engaging for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back