• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Masquerade Troupe [CLOSED]

Ah, darn. How about object manipulation (Antikeímenokinesis)? Or what about Mystokinesis (magic)?
I'm leaning towards Mystokinesis or just Telekinesis.

TheTaleTellers TheTaleTellers I like the character and power, especially the strong connection between the two. Can you run me through an example of Kimi's power at work? What would it look like? What differences would there be if she drew something in chalk on a street or the same exact thing as a painting on canvas?

Ah, darn. How about object manipulation (Antikeímenokinesis)? Or what about Mystokinesis (magic)?
I'm leaning towards Mystokinesis or just Telekinesis.
Anything you can think of and add a -kinesis to is open to use.

A note for mystokinesis: magic does not exist. Anything called "magic" would simply be some misidentified application of another kinesis.

Misidentifying powers based on differences in what they appear to do and actually do isn't uncommon in the setting.

One more question, sorry.
Can my character not be a villain?
Two, my bad ;P
Another question: Is being a Roamer implying that you are a villain? And if not, can my character be a Roamer?

One more question, sorry.
Can my character not be a villain?
Two, my bad ;P
Another question: Is being a Roamer implying that you are a villain? And if not, can my character be a Roamer?
Regardless of what your character feels or thinks about it, the invitation they accepted was to be a villain.

Villains that exceed a certain power level and act a certain way are called roamers. A hero that reached that level would find it difficult to act as a hero due to the limitations placed upon heroes by the organizations they are forced to work within, as well as the unstable nature of roamers. Even a hero, upon growing to the level of other roamers, would be faced with the overwhelming desire to kill other roamers on sight. That makes a roamer hero a rather difficult position to maintain.

And no, your character cannot be a roamer. Roamers are at the upper limit of power, whereas the new arrivals are starting at the very bottom. Even Aaron and Ryan, graduates of Bird's old flock, are still well below roamer status.

I see, but the question I was asking was kind of asking about whether I could be a character who has already existed in the world and been trained. If this doesn't work out, then I'm still interested. I understand that there need to be rules and explanations for such stuff. However, I would much rather be a Hero than a Villain.

I see, but the question I was asking was kind of asking about whether I could be a character who has already existed in the world and been trained. If this doesn't work out, then I'm still interested. I understand that there need to be rules and explanations for such stuff. However, I would much rather be a Hero than a Villain.
As for being a preexisting character in the world, no. As for being a hero, I'll repeat only what I said before: Regardless of what your character feels or thinks about it, the invitation they accepted was to be a villain.

TheTaleTellers TheTaleTellers I like the character and power, especially the strong connection between the two. Can you run me through an example of Kimi's power at work? What would it look like? What differences would there be if she drew something in chalk on a street or the same exact thing as a painting on canvas?

Anything you can think of and add a -kinesis to is open to use.

Im glad you like them!! See, depending on what it is drawn on or with- it can take on the appearance of a variety of different artistic styles. For example, if she drew something in chalk on a street- she could create a series of stone based sculpture like minons that act as absolute bruiser tanks for the time being. Of course, they would be weakened by what usually weakens the material of a street. It would be vastly different if she were to draw something on a canvas, because although it would act in the behavior of what it is depicted as- it is ultimately still cotton. Which can be easily stopped. Her artistic creations take on the advantages of what they were born as and of course their weaknesses based on the material that they were crafted on. The tools are typically universal, as in she can work with any artistic tool in order to achieve the end result (which is to rise, bring to life, and manipulate the art she makes). It can even be brought to the extent of bringing cartoon to reality in some cases.
But if she has no material, she can manifest art using the particles in the air. This of course is the most flimsy and can only last about 5 or 10 seconds depending on how clear her mind was in that second. That looks somewhat like this when committed and can actually use up a lot of her creative juices because it takes a lot of imagination and memory to think up a creation from scratch. .

Another case is- When using a digital tablet, this can serve as manifesting art as well but because it has little to no combat value(due to the lack of valid material to manifest from)- it's only used for show and fun.

Interesting, veeeeery interesting. I think I might be looking forward to seeing what kind of villain this little artist ends up being.

I will veto the creating without a medium thing for now. Even minor, her power is crazy enough without being able to spontaneously create "life" out of nothing.

Interesting, veeeeery interesting. I think I might be looking forward to seeing what kind of villain this little artist ends up being.

I will veto the creating without a medium thing for now. Even minor, her power is crazy enough without being able to spontaneously create "life" out of nothing.

Thats cool

Hey! I remember joining this RP a loonnggg time ago during its first iteration and I'd be interested if this is still open! I could try to get a CS done tomorrow, though I completely understand if I'm coming in a bit late.

Last edited:
Hey! I remember joining this RP a loonnggg time ago during its first iteration and I'd be interested if this is still open! I could try to get a CS done tomorrow, though I completely understand if I'm coming in a bit late.
Hey there familiar face. I think I can hold the door open for a few days if you want to slip a last minute character in.

OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi Would you be willing to 'hold the door open' for an unfamiliar face? A Paperface~ This plot seems interesting, thing is I joined this site 3 days ago now and feel like I'm late to the party. I'd fully understand if it's impractical to have me join at this point, but I figured I might as well ask.

I won't extend the deadline further, but if you manage to throw a character together in the next day or so before I get around to closing the RP, I won't stop anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back