• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Marvelous Mishaps of the Jolly Rockets [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I'm working on a character! <3 I haven't done a space rp in a long time and I'm sad because I love space! Outer space means that there's high tech stuff everywhere which is my jam.

Berries Berries Shannon Trevor Shannon Trevor pilgrim_ pilgrim_ The Gunrunner The Gunrunner TheFordee20 TheFordee20 BDark BDark Bill Nein Bill Nein Elekta Kount Elekta Kount Yonsisac Yonsisac

Hello everybody!

I've decided to just tag you all here so I can say some stuff without having to repeat myself over and over telling each of you individually. First of all, I forgot to formally thank you all for showing such ardent interest in my silly little idea; so, thank you! ^^ Now the following is some stuff I'm here to tell you about the sign-up process (sorry if it's a long read):
  1. A few of you have already submitted your characters, which is great! I really like what I'm seeing so far. For those of you who haven't submitted yet, that's alright; I will still give you the time you need. I am also keeping the interest check open for people to show interest until the end of Sunday (tomorrow, EST bc that's where I am). I am expecting finished characters to come in within the next few days. If there are concerns about this, please tell me.
  2. Some of y'all have also been coming to me with questions, and that's really awesome too. Keep questions coming about anything.
  3. I don't know if any of you have been paying attention to the other threads, but I have been working on the Lore tab. This tab has everything from NPCs to locations to history. Right now, I think it is just about ready for the start of our roleplay. I will be continually updating this tab as we go and after we start I will be posting update notes in the thread for whenever new NPCs and/or information are/is added.
  4. Okay, so if you remember or look back to what I said in the interest thread, I have always been planning from the start to set up limited slots for this. The following is the information regarding all that:
    1. There will only be 4-5 spaces available now (which is an increase from my previous 3-4). I really hate turning people down but this has been a brainchild of mine for too long and I want to get something out of it. I have been both a player and GM for roleplays with too many people for the story to have a focus. A big group causes interactions to always be all over the place and the story awkward to progress, and eventually they just...stop. Because of all this I want to stay firm on my position to have a smaller group.
    2. That being said, I am going to make my choosing process as fair as possible. I will not have a definitive list of who is accepted until I have gone through everyone who wants to join. Variable that I will take into account when reviewing your character include creativity, commitment shown, and your quick 1x1 sample: which I will go into next.
    3. The 1x1 sample is going to be a "writing sample" in the form of a quick scene you do with me via PM. Every character will be put in the same scenario and these scenes will only be about 4 posts (2 from each of us). I don't expect each post to be more than a paragraph or two, I just want to see how you play your character. This will serve as a test to see how compatible your style of writing is to mine (since I'm going to be your GM). I do not care if you use the biggest or fanciest words, I'm just looking for personality in your writing.
      1. If you have already submitted a character, expect a message from me about starting this soon (either in a new or existing PM).
    4. Things that will not matter when it comes to my choice include BBCode (no matter how pretty your posts are) and total experience (I don't care if you started rping since birth or since yesterday).
    5. After everyone has submitted character sheets and done their 1x1, I will let you all know the results of who is accepted. If you are not accepted, please Please PLEASE do not take this as me having anything against you, your character, or your writing. I would accept everyone right now if I could, but I simply have to choose because there are almost 10 of you right now who want to join and having that many people to run a game with gives me anxiety.
  5. If you are no longer interested in signing up for whatever reason (me scaring you away with the process in Number 4 or otherwise) please let me know. I will not take any offense. :)
Any comments or concerns can always be sent from here or a PM to me. Thanks! :D

Last edited:
Kwillz Kwillz If there's ANY problem with my character, please let me know.
He looks pretty good, though I would probably suggest you to tone down a bit on his equipment. I just think he has a bit too much on him (in terms of weapons) for a “first level” character. I will be providing every character with more and better gear as we go on, so you don’t have to worry about having less on him starting off.

A
He looks pretty good, though I would probably suggest you to tone down a bit on his equipment. I just think he has a bit too much on him (in terms of weapons) for a “first level” character. I will be providing every character with more and better gear as we go on, so you don’t have to worry about having less on him starting off.
Again, most of those weapons can be replaced. But I edited them out, what do ya think now?

Last edited:
Update Time Everyone!
  • We’ve already got four character sheets in and I’m very pleased with what I see so far. Great work y’all!
  • I’ve also been starting the 1x1s, and, again, I am very excited with what I am seeing.
  • To those of you who still have yet to submit characters ( The Gunrunner The Gunrunner TheFordee20 TheFordee20 BDark BDark Bill Nein Bill Nein Yonsisac Yonsisac ), I would like to hear updates as to where you are. I am hoping to see pretty much all of the character sheets in by Thursday/Friday (Not the 1x1 finished, just a CS). Of course, I will not rush you. But I would like to know if there are issues so please come to me if you have issues/questions/need more time.
  • Again if you want to drop out, please do not just disregard this and let me know so I’m not waiting for something you’ll never give me.
  • Once I finish up with all the 1x1s, I will do my selection. So for those of you who have already finished our back and forth, thanks for bearing with me. ^^

Last edited:
I honestly don't know if i will be able to RP sorry, i have a rather tight schedule coming up and if i do get accepted i don't wish to delay things like i am doing now so i am out i really like the idea so keep in mind even if i wont be able to RP i will be reading the RP up actually XD Kwillz Kwillz

Kwillz Kwillz I'll get to it. I have finals this week so I have been busy studying.
Take your time. Thanks for telling me. Good luck on your finals! :D

I honestly don't know if i will be able to RP sorry, i have a rather tight schedule coming up and if i do get accepted i don't wish to delay things like i am doing now so i am out i really like the idea so keep in mind even if i wont be able to RP i will be reading the RP up actually XD Kwillz Kwillz
Understood. You’re definitely free to keep up even if you can’t participate.:)

Update Time Everyone!
  • We’ve already got four character sheets in and I’m very pleased with what I see so far. Great work y’all!
  • I’ve also been starting the 1x1s, and, again, I am very excited with what I am seeing.
  • To those of you who still have yet to submit characters ( The Gunrunner The Gunrunner TheFordee20 TheFordee20 BDark BDark Bill Nein Bill Nein Yonsisac Yonsisac ), I would like to hear updates as to where you are. I am hoping to see pretty much all of the character sheets in by Thursday/Friday (Not the 1x1 finished, just a CS). Of course, I will not rush you. But I would like to know if there are issues so please come to me if you have issues/questions/need more time.
  • Again if you want to drop out, please do not just disregard this and let me know so I’m not waiting for something you’ll never give me.
  • Once I finish up with all the 1x1s, I will do my selection. So for those of you who have already finished our back and forth, thanks for bearing with me. ^^

Hey! I am really interested in this, but- a whole lot of college work has come up and I need to get on it! So I may have to pass, unfortunately. Because I can't see myself being able to fully dedicate my time this for the next few weeks or so.

Hey! I am really interested in this, but- a whole lot of college work has come up and I need to get on it! So I may have to pass, unfortunately. Because I can't see myself being able to fully dedicate my time this for the next few weeks or so.
That’s totally fine! Good luck with all that university work :)

Kwillz Kwillz When are we going to know our assignments?
Selection will happen once I—at the very least—have all the character sheets I am expecting. I don’t want to rush anyone so I will wait until Friday afternoon (let’s say 3:00pm EST). Those who have not responded to me will have until Friday before I assume they have lost interest and are removed from consideration. If that does happen, depending on how many people are left, I may not even need to choose and I will just let everyone in. HOWEVER, I do not want to promise at the moment and go against my word later, so just sit tight. Thank you all for bearing with me up to this point. I have started planning the course of the RP and am very excited to see where we all take this :)

Berries Berries Shannon Trevor Shannon Trevor pilgrim_ pilgrim_ Elekta Kount Elekta Kount Bill Nein Bill Nein

Alright! It seems like everyone else has come to me and let me know they dropped out. That means I will not have to deny anyone and all of y’all will be accepted! I will be preparing the first post now and it will be up soon. Bill Nein Bill Nein , don’t worry, you can still have the time you need (since I’m also busy and need the time to sit down and write so I will take a bit myself). Just a little more before we start, everyone. Thanks for being patient with me!

Berries Berries Shannon Trevor Shannon Trevor pilgrim_ pilgrim_ Elekta Kount Elekta Kount Bill Nein Bill Nein

Alright! It seems like everyone else has come to me and let me know they dropped out. That means I will not have to deny anyone and all of y’all will be accepted! I will be preparing the first post now and it will be up soon. Bill Nein Bill Nein , don’t worry, you can still have the time you need (since I’m also busy and need the time to sit down and write so I will take a bit myself). Just a little more before we start, everyone. Thanks for being patient with me!
Yeah I have all the gear and stuff. Just making the back story.... ugh.

Berries Berries Shannon Trevor Shannon Trevor pilgrim_ pilgrim_ Elekta Kount Elekta Kount

WOO! First post is up, everyone! Remember to read my GM Notes that will come at the end of my posts! Also, for now there will not be a posting order: just so y'all can interact with each other. Have fun writing! I can't to see where we all take this! :D

Bill Nein Bill Nein If you are still joining us, you can hop in after I look at your CS. I will not move on to the next major event without you. If you will not be joining us anymore, however, please let me know.

I forgot you don't get notifications for posts you're not following. I'll reply soon, I thought this was dead lmao

Berries Berries Shannon Trevor Shannon Trevor pilgrim_ pilgrim_ Elekta Kount Elekta Kount

WOO! First post is up, everyone! Remember to read my GM Notes that will come at the end of my posts! Also, for now there will not be a posting order: just so y'all can interact with each other. Have fun writing! I can't to see where we all take this! :D

Bill Nein Bill Nein If you are still joining us, you can hop in after I look at your CS. I will not move on to the next major event without you. If you will not be joining us anymore, however, please let me know.
Might wanna yah everyone again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back