• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Marriage. Private with Kingsley

Snow nodded and said “You can see it through the trees while we’re driving. There’s a little pier at the end of a stone walkway on the lake. Here we are.” They pulled up to the log cabin and he got out and said “It’s good to be back.”

Once we pulled up to the cabin I was a little taken back by how rough it looked on the outside but I don’t say anything about it. My face probably said something but I tried to keep a neutral expression. I climbed from the car with you and I would have definitely been falling into the dirty if I had my heels on. “It’s a nice place.” A say softly trying to lie but my facial expression of displeasure was clear to see.

Snow laughed and said “It looks a little worse for wear on the outside but the inside is what matters. Come on.” and led her by the hand to the front door. He unlocked it and turned on the lights revealing the beautiful interior.

I smile when you take my hand and I follow you towards the front door of the house. I glance into the house as you open the door and turn the light on. It was pretty nice inside and it was very rustic. Of course I would have liked something more modern but the rustic style would work. “It is very nice in here.” I say as I walk inside and I begin walking around but not too far away.

Snow walked inside fully and shut the door before leaning against it. “I used to come down here all the time with a few friends. We’d stay the night and play all sorts of games and talk half the night away. We also hid all kids of stuff here. This place has a lot of secrets and history. And I know pretty much everything about it.I was the only one who knew everyone’s secrets. People used to joke and say I was the Secret Keeper.”

I listen to you talk about how much fun you and your friends had. It made me a little jealous because I’ve never had true friends like that and I’ve never had a sleepover either. Growing up rich meant you never knew who your real friends and who just wanted to be around for your money. “That sounds really fun. Am I allowed to know some of the secrets? Like to start off I know you have one little secret in the car.” I’ve been waiting so eagerly for you to tell me what’s in the box.

Snow chuckled and said “Those days ended all too quickly. And most of the secrets are mine to keep safe. Some would ruin people’s lives if they got out. And as for the secret I’m keeping from you..give me one sec.” and he went back out to his truck.

I nodded in understanding when you say some secrets aren’t to be shared because I understood completely. I smile waiting for you to come back in the house with my surprise and I decided to take a seat on one of the couches.

Snow finally came back in after a few minutes and handed her the white box. He sat down beside her and said “Now you can open it. “

Once you come back in with the box I smile widely and I wait patiently for you to give it to me. I open the box once it’s in my lap and I smile brightly seeing the beautiful blue dress that’s in the box. I stand up moving the box to the table and I pull out the dress. “This is beautiful. Thank you so much.”

Snow smiled and said “You’re welcome. I saw them put that dress on the rack a couple months ago and no one had bought it. So when I saw you I knew you would be the only girl I knew who could pull it off beautifully. So I texted a friend of mine and she got it off the rack for you. You can go try it on if you’d like.”

I take the dress and I hold it up to my body smiling brightly. “Yes I’d love to try it on. Where can I go?” I say looking around the living room but then I notice the little bathroom. “Okay I’ll be back.” I walk off towards the bathroom leaving my purse on the couch with you. I shut the door behind me and I begin stripping out of my clothes I had on before. I pull on the dress and I stare at myself in the mirror for a minute. Of course it wasn’t expensive like I was use to but it was special because it was something you bought me. I haven’t gotten a present from someone in forever and I loved it. I walk out of the bathroom in the dress and I walk over to you standing in front of you smiling like crazy. “What do you think? I love it. Thank you so much.”

Snow smiled and said “I was right. You do pull it off extremely well. You look beautiful Harlow. I’m glad you like it. You’re the first person I’ve ever done anything like this for.” He couldn’t believe how fast he was starting to fall for her. Before the month was through he knew it’d be hard for him to let her go if she decided to leave.

It made me blush knowing I was the first person you’d ever done something like this for and I don’t understand why you did this for me. I didn’t think I deserved it because I treated you like shit just a few hours ago. “I haven’t gotten a gift in forever. I can’t thank you enough and I really didn’t deserve this.” I come back over to the couch and I sit beside you giving you a little side hug.

Snow smiled and said “You’re more than welcome. And just so you know, while I may not be able to spoil you like you’re used to, I’m not against getting you things when I can. I do want you to be happy.”

I hear what you say and I just sigh. “I don’t want you to have to buy me things. I know I showed that I liked being spoiled but I’m not dumb and I know my parents spoiling me was a way of them trying to make up for not giving me enough attention growing up. My parents gave my older brother a lot more attention and to make up for it they’d give me whenever I wanted when I’d ask to make me feel like I’m loved too.” I explain to you with a sigh knowing you probably thought my life was perfect.

Snow wrapped his arm around her and pulled her closer gently. “I understand now. And I get it. My parents always treated my sister better than me growing up. I spent a lot of time away from home seeking attention from other adults. I didn’t get my people skills from my parents. I got into a group of adults when I turned 18 and they accepted me and supported my decision to go to college and get a degree. You won’t have to worry about not getting attention here. Whenever you need me I’ll be there.”

I enjoyed the comfort of your arm around me and when you pull me closer I lean my head on your shoulder. It was so weird to think about how we had such different lives but our stories sounded so similar. Except I was blind to their attempts for a while and once I was old enough to realize I was already so use to it I just used it to my advantage but I did have a love for fashion if I could get anything I wanted I would. “And I don’t have anyone else to give attention to so you have all of mine.” I teased to lighten the mood a little bit and I keep my head on your chest not wanting to move.

Snow held her close and said “And you have all of mine for as long as you want it. I’m not going anywhere.”

Aw. They’re going to be a cute couple aren’t they

(Definitely are)

I enjoyed the little side cuddles I was getting and I could hear your heart beating inside of your chest. “Let’s go get the clothes from the car and start unpacking.” I tell you slowly pulling away and I stand up. “We should order some food too because we don’t have groceries yet. I can order some pizza for us.”

(I’m loving it already lol and I actually had pizza earlier funnily enough)

Snow stood up as well and took her hand gently in his as he said “That sounds great. And the pizza place closest to us is by far the best place in the city to get pizza.” He led her out to the truck and helped her grab her stuff and carry it inside, setting it on the bed in the master bedroom and then going back to get the rest of his stuff to bring it inside.

((We could have it to where she does end up wanting him to sleep up there with her due to some loud noise in the forest or something. If not the first night then maybe the second))

(I’m loving it too. Maybe it starts storming and with the loud thunder and noises from outside and from the creaky house she gets scared.)

“It sounds delicious so I think I’ll order from there once we’re done unpacking some things or once we get everything inside. Is just pepperoni good?” I asked enjoying how you quickly grabbed hold of my hand when you stood up and I was enjoying the affection. I helped carry some of my stuff and I follow you to where the master bedroom was. Now I knew where my room would be.

((That sounds great.))

Snow agreed that pepperoni sounded good and on his way back inside on the last trip he noticed that clouds were starting to cover to starry sky. He knew from experience that the weather in the area could change quickly. As Harlow went to order the pizza, I checked the radar and confirmed that a storm was forming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back