• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Marriage. Private with Kingsley

Snow stood and said “Harlow I get it. You’re not ready to leave your comfortable lifestyle. And I have a feeling you’ve never had to do anything yourself. But seeing as we’re not getting out of this, maybe we should just try. I promise you won’t starve. I’m actually a pretty good cook. Let’s just see what happens. Give it a month. If you still want nothing to do with me I’ll let you go and we’ll never see each other again.”

I stand near the door with my arms crossed and I look into your eyes. “Why do I have to leave my life? Everything is perfect and I’m perfectly fine. Why are we acting like something is wrong with me? Just because I’m rich doesn’t mean I’m abnormal.” I sigh heavily and when you wager to give me a month and then I could get out I made up in my mind that I would get through the month and I could go home. “Fine a month it is then I’m coming back home and I won’t want to see you again.”

Snow sighed and said “Alright. Let’s go let my parents know and then we’ll head out. We’re not staying here. I have a place already established for the most part, but I’ll have to come back to get my stuff from here in a couple days.” He had made an agreement with his parents where he could leave his room here just in case it didn’t work out in Newberry. He only had two weeks though to find out and after that he’d be forced to choose one place or the other.

Last edited:
When you say we aren’t staying here I was relived but scared at the same time because I didn’t know where we’d be going. What if you were a serial killer in disgust? What if you just wanted me for my money? I was so glad my parents didn’t take my purse with all of my credit cards and money in it. “Where are we going? How long it is going to take?” I asked you curiously and I was also playing on my phone texting friends and scrolling through my Instagram. “Before we go anywhere can I go shopping? I need new clothes since my parents took all of my other clothes and no offence but your sisters clothes are awful.”

Snow looked at her and said “Newberry, South Carolina. It’ll take us a little over an hour to get there. And judging from the clothes you like to wear you’re going to have to change your wardrobe a bit. Newberry isn’t for people who want to dress nice or fancy every day. People there dress more like I do and if you wear something like what you were earlier you’ll stick out like a sore thumb. It’s a small city of around 10,000 people. And where we’ll be staying is closer to the woods than it is the center of the city.”

(I can tell you’re loving it lol)

When you mention changing my wardrobe and sticking out like a sore thumb I just smile because sticking out to me meant being the center of attention. “I think I’m okay with not changing my wardrobe. I love my clothes and I’m not going to change for this town. Now take me to Gucci.” I demand and I wait for you to lead the way to go back downstairs because I wanted to be out of this house now.

((Lord she’s something else. Time for Snow to lay down the law XD. And yeah lol. Part of being a writer means lord of research.))

Snow looked at her and said “Alright first off, I am not yours to boss around. I don’t know who you think you’re dealing with here but I’ve dealt with more hardship than you can imagine. This house has seen more fights than I care to admit and if you even knew what I’d been through..You lived your life among the richest in Charlotte. If I’m correct on this, and I usually am, your parents only left you a few thousand dollars in cash. And judging from the way they left you, they’ve most likely frozen your cards because that’s what I would do if I wanted to teach someone a lesson. Which means if you spend everything you have on you right now, you’ll have no money at all and will be forced to get a job. Which you will have to do anyway because with the job I have established down there already I won’t be able to pay the bills and buy food and other things we need. If by the end of the month you don’t want anything to do with the life I’m wanting to have down there, you can try to go back to your parents, if they’ll even unfreeze your cards and allow you to have your comfortable lifestyle back.”

(She’s definitely a piece of work lol)

When you begin to talk to me I was already uninterested in what you had to say because you clearly weren’t going to listen to me about taking me where I wanted to go. My eyes become widen when you mention my parents freezing my cards and I pull out my phone to call my parents about this situation. “They wouldn’t do that to me. I can’t live off of just a few thousand dollars and I most definitely won’t be doing manual labor. My father will come get me.” With that being said I call my father and I grumble crossing my arms. “Hi father. You guys didn’t freeze my credit cards right? I know you guys wouldn’t do that to me because I’m your little girl.” I use a sweet soft tone of voice that I usually use to get what I wanted from him. My mouth falls open when he confirms that they did freeze all of my credit cards and I have 4000 dollars to live off for a month. They had given me cash yesterday and I had spent some of it not knowing what it was for. “But I spent 1000 dollars yesterday when I went shopping and so now I only have 3000 dollars that won’t last me very long.” I tell him and he just sighs hanging up. I glance at the phone and I just take a deep breath to control myself but it doesn’t work and I begin crying.

((Snow can get her together though. He’ll try his best at least.))

Snow sighed and said “Harlow you will be fine. I’ve been working since I was 16. And I know how to stretch out money so that it lasts. As for clothes now. I’ll take you somewhere you can get some better fitting clothes. And I promise you, boots are a much better option the heels where we’re going.”

I sigh heavily and I wipe my eyes having smudged makeup all over my face. I take my heels off and I reluctantly slide the boots on. I make a disgusted face and I look at my heels. I pick them up and I hug them to my chest. “These are coming with us. I’m not leaving them behind especially since they’re like 800 dollars.” I tell you and I take a few steps in the boots feeling really weird.

Snow nodded and said “Fair enough. The boots will take you some getting used to, but you do look good in them.” The boots he had brought for her were a dark brown with blue and silver patterns on them. “For a city girl at least” he added with a smile trying to cheer her up a little bit.

I blushed a little bit when you said I looked good in the boot and I felt really ugly in this whole outfit but it made me feel a little better hearing your compliment. Of course I was use to compliments but from men but definitely not ever dressed like this and most compliments are about my body not the clothes. I roll my eyes playfully when you call me a city girl and I pull my hair out of my ponytail ruffling my messy hair.

Snow chuckled and said “Come on. Let’s go get you some country clothes city girl.” He was so using that as a nickname for her. He hadn’t dated a whole lot but he always appreciated a girl who could pull off a pair of boots. Not everyone could. He watched her for a moment as she pulled her hair out of the ponytail and smiled once again. This was definitely going to be an interesting adventure

When you keep calling me city girl I can’t help but laugh at it and I was hoping that didn’t catch on. “Where are we going shopping? How much money can I spend on clothes?” I didn’t know what budgeting was and if I was going to the store I’d probably get carried away spending all the money I had. I was use to my parents putting money in my accounts and just being able to go shopping without thinking about what I was spending. “I need a full wardrobe because I have nothing not even panties and bras.”

“I’m just going to take you to the store down the road so you can get some basics. I can help you if I need to. And it’d probably help if you went inside with the mindset that you don’t have a lot of money right now. The most I think you should spend at this store is maybe $150-$200.” Snow said as they walked downstairs.

I followed you downstairs and I really didn’t know how I would do controlling myself with shopping. “But usually I don’t go into a store thinking about prices and end up spending hundreds of dollars.” I tell you honestly and I had to occasionally adjust my pants because they would fall down my hips a bit.

Snow noticed the jeans slip on her a little and grabbed a belt off of a hook on the wall and handed it to her. “This should help. And you’re not going alone. I’ll be right there with ya. I’ll keep you from spending too much.” Snow’s mom walked out of the living room and said “I guess you two are off then?” Snow nodded and grabbed his backpack from where it was sitting in the hallway and said “Yeah we are. I’ll be back in a week to start brining my books and other things in my bedroom down to Newberry.” His mom nodded and said “Alright. You two be safe out there.” Out of his two parents, his mom was the one who had treated him the best.

I take the belt from you and once again I observe how ugly it is but I say nothing. I put it on and tighten it enough so I don’t lose my pants again. I stay quiet as we walk downstairs because I didn’t know what to say or do right now. I was being thrown to the wolves and I was about to experience things I’ve never had to experience before. I wave at your mom when she tells us to be safe and I step out of the house with you. I still had my Kate Spade purse on my arm and I slide my sunglasses on my face when we got outside.

Snow unlocked his truck before he went and opened the passenger side door and put his backpack in the back before stepping back and letting Harlow climb inside. His truck wasn’t anything fancy, it was an older Ford Ranger that he’d been driving since he was 18. It had held up well over the eight years that he’d been driving it but was starting to ride a little rougher than it used to. It got him where he needed to go though so he hadn’t thought about replacing it yet. He closed the door when she got in and then walked around to his side and got in as well.
Snow put the key in started the engine before pulling out of the driveway and heading to the store.

I wait near you and when you opened the door for me that was at least something I was use to and so I climbed into your truck slowly. I was a little hesitant to touch the truck because it was a little dirty and looked pretty old but I was holding back my judgement because I couldn’t complain anymore if I was going to be forced to live like this. I was still convinced in the back of my mind that I was going to go home in a month and be back to normal. I was on my phone as you drove and I was talking to my friend about this awful situation I was being put in.

“So I heard you say something about marriage between us. When is that suppose to happen? Am I suppose to fall in love with you after a month and our parents have some surprise wedding planned?” I asked in curiosity.

Snow chuckled and said “I think it’s set to be at the end of the month if you decide to stay with me. You’re a bit different than the other girls I’ve been with. But we’ll see what happens. I’m not entirely opposed to marrying you anymore now that I’ve spent some time with you. But from what your parents told mine they want me to help you see that there is life outside of the one you grew up in. The city we’re going to is beautiful. It still has a small town vibe and the people there are great. It may be old but sometimes the older something is the more beautiful it is.”

I listen carefully to your words and I nibble on my bottom lip. Of course I’ve always wanted to get married and find love but I guess I’ve always thought I’d marry a man in the same social class as me and I’d be able to keep up with my lifestyle. The whole dating scene for me is rough because I have high standards and I didn’t think that was a bad thing but I guess my standard could be lowered along with my lifestyle. I didn’t want to lose my lifestyle though because it’s all I know and I’m clueless another wise. I don’t know how to drive or cook and I didn’t go to college. I’ve never had a job before so I don’t know how working works and I never even done my own taxes. Honestly I was quite scared of what was happening and I could feel this feeling of anxiety building up inside of me. “I don’t appreciate my parents forcing a marriage on me but I guess you aren’t too bad.” If I was being honest you were pretty handsome and I could see us making cute babies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back