• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Magic War - A Tale of Two Sides

Collin was focused on just keeping himself steady, at least the arrow stuck in him staunched the blood flow. He looked and saw the other Ostian troops retreating and smiled. "At least we've won the day..." He said as he got his horse in between the two groups. "I... I am the leader of these men... we know the truth... we no longer fight for Ostia." He said as he kept his shoulder from moving.

He looked to the arrow, thankful it wasn't in his armor as that would make it harder to remove. "I... I'll need a healer." He chuckled. "But by hell we stopped them." He said, looking around. Many of his men were dead, and he shook his head. "Such a waste... we will mourn your sacrifice." He whispered in memory of the men who had been lost under him. "We will bring peace."

The Princess had motioned for her men to stand and watched as they put their swords away, “We have plenty of healers in the city,” she says gently, “It’s the least we can offer,” she states gazing around slowly and then looking back to Collin, “We can stay in the city until we figure our next plans. I have a manor that was built for royal visitors, as far as I’m aware it’s currently empty.” She says her gaze turning to the city.

An older man can be seen moving out from the city walls, his face was wrinkled and stressed, “Princess, you were supposed to flee.” He states, his face fearful and worried. He bows slightly and she shakes her head, “They’re my people too and besides the plan didn’t work.” She states quietly, “We were captured but these men stand with us now, you needn’t worry Lord Maynard.” She murmurs, placing a hand on his shoulder and offering a smile. The man glared up at Collin for a moment, clearly protective of the Princess but forces a wary smile to his face.

The Alanythian soldiers moved back into the city now and Elizabeth falls quiet, “We’ll have all the bodies buried properly.” She murmurs quietly, gazing over the battle field one last time.

Collin nodded, making himself stand tall still. "Thank you." He said. "My men and I appreciate it Lady Elizabeth." He said. "But you need to get your arm looked at as well." He stated, sure of himself. "I'll be okay." He gave her a grin. "And that is fine, if you will have us my men could use some rest, and we could stand to get ourselves refitted as well." He said.

He then turned his attention to the man and gave him a nod. "Yes, I did capture her." He admitted. "I am not proud of it, especially now that I see the truth of what happened. My men and I were lied to... and now everyone pays for those lies." He said. "My loyalty is no longer to Ostia... at least not until peace is acheived." He said.

At the mention of her arm she would wince, only then remembering the impact she had taken. At the same time she could feel the adrenaline that she’d felt over the last week start to wear thin for the first time. She nods simply at the mention of her arm and chuckles, “It’s only a scratch compared to your injury.” She murmurs, rotating her shoulder and smiling back weakly.

She could have frowned at the talk of politics, and stifles a sigh, “Let’s forgo the talk of politics for now, it’s my understanding that this war is far from over and may well just be at its start.” She states, rather boldly and it silences the older man who had readied himself to speak. She turns and makes her way toward the city, “And we have much to talk about Lord Sharpe.” She calls, her tone showed much less emotion now and rather more a royal voice in which she was used to.

There was a slowness to her walk as she moved ahead of the men, wanting nothing more than to settle and prepare for whichever fight would hit them next. Even more of her ached to get back to the castle and find her father, the very thought caused a frown.

(Don’t worry, take as long as you need to reply! I hope things start getting better for you! 😊)

Collin nodded in understanding, but still sighed, "Still... I'll feel much better when you've been tended too." He said, before straightening up to follow after her. His wound was starting to take its toll, a deep ache in his shoulder emerging. He knew she'd probably lead him to a healer, and put his faith in her.

He nodded, following back into what he was used to, being a noble. "I agree... politics can come later." He said. "And I am sure we do." He nodded as he followed along, taking in some of the sights of the castle and city itself, all while ignoring the pain of his wound. The city was still mostly empty, the people taking cover, but he could see that it was a bright and colorful place, especially when it was busy. And to think... he'd have it laid to the siege engines.

Collin fell into step behind her, to her side, as was respectful. "Lady Elizabeth... I am here for you." He said just to reassure her.

Elizabeth forces a small smile, thankful for his kindness, “I know and I'm grateful for your kindness.” she murmurs gently, her eyes stay focused ahead of her, trying her best to ignore the silent city that she knew once bloomed. She takes a shaky breath before clearing her throat and letting their pace quicken, “We’re almost here, ” she states, pointing to a large building set alone.

Once they arrive she pushed the door open the dust is kicked up from the emptiness, “Its been a long while since we've had any guests in this house.” She says with a slight laugh, she waved her hand and the candles lit with her magic. She looked around slowly before turning to Collin, “We can have any injured men seen in this room to be healed.” she states, “I’ll need you to fetch the healers of the city Lord Maynard.” she announces and he scurries away quickly bowing in his stead. “There’s 8 sleeping quarters upstairs, they can be assigned to whomever requires them, ” she adds, “Let’s look at your arm from first, “Youll most likely want to get comfortable first.” she says, headed for the stairs now.

Collin nodded, following after her. Some of his troops, including Marcus, had followed. "Get the men here... we can heal our wounded in this area." He ordered, and they went to begin the process. "You have my aid Milady."

He nodded and would follow her up the stairs. "It woudl be nice... I think the shaft is broken off in my arm..." He admitted. He was still holding up for now though. "We'll have to get the armored plate off first." He said with a sigh. It woudln't be fun. He would sit down and simply cut away the armor plate that covered the area. The arrow was now fully revealed, going clean through his shoulder, which was steadily being stained with blood. He took a breath. "Once you're ready to heal... you're going to have to pull it out." He said.

Elizabeth had entered a grand room and began to move things around and out of the way. She had grabbed many items that would help including some medical supplies. Her face could show only her worry as she knew she could heal him but it would be most painful before that. Her hand hovered against the wound and she grimaced, “i would but down on something.” She mumbles, holding out the sheet from the bed. She inspects his shoulder carefully and takes a deep breath, her fingers curl around the piece sticking out, her other hand ready with plenty of fabric ready to compress the wound.

With an abrupt yank she pulls the first piece out, her other hand quickly presses down and she looks at his face quickly, “I can heal you until I remove all the pieces, this is going to hurt “ she says gently, before lifting the bloody rag to see the wound. Blood gushed out and she frowns before letting her hand touch her. Her fingers dug into the wound trying to take out a small piece that had separated from the main piece after piercing the armour.

After several minutes, that even to her felt like a lifetime she’d managed to remove several pieces. Her hands were covered in blood and she gazes at Collin’s face to see if he was still conscious. Her hands cover the wound now and she starts to mumble quickly, so much blood covered the bed and she feared he may have lost too much. Her hands began to glow like normal and she chants clearly now, her iris’ their usually icy blue as she vibrates with magic. She hadn’t even noticed Marcus and Lord Maynard at the door of the room watching her as she worked at healing him.

Collin nodded, taking a breath. He knew this wouldn't be fun based on how much stuff she was gathering, and that this wasn't the first arrow that'd come out of him. He nodded, "Just... get it done." He said before biting down on the blanket, taking a full tuft of it into his mouth. As she yanked, the arrow only came out so quickly, tightly held by his swollen skin. He screamed into the blanket, panting hard and trying to fight off the pain with little success. Each inch of arrow that came out ripped screams from his body, and he was sweating by the time she yanked it free, blood spurting with it.

He was panting before seizing up again and screaming as she dug her fingers into the wound, tears streaming down his face. The normally more stoic façade he kept up had completely broken away from the pain. After a few minutes of her digging pieces out, he went quiet, unconscious from the pain. This would, in actuality make it easier for her to work as now he was no longer resisting her actions. More blood flowed, but she got the pieces out.

By the time she finished, he was still out, eyes closed, sweating and pale, but he was breathing, and as she sealed the wound some color would return. He was still entirely out of it, resting some. Once she finished, Marcus spoke up. "Damned fool got himself shot... didn't he? He's reckless." He said, sighing. "We'll repay you for that Kindness Milady." He added in. "At the least we'll replace the mattress and the sheets of this bead. The other men are being tended to downstairs... so there is that." He told her, leaning against the frame of the door.

Her eyes would water some during the healing process, to she what she would only refer to as a strong man lay in so much pain would wreck at her mind. The blame she would take upon herself, just like the rest of the men that remained injured on the floors below them. With wide eyes she gazes down at him, seeing his expressions and frowning until the colour is once returned to his skin. Her hands lift slightly from where the wound once was to see it was almost healed and in it's place was a pale yet pink scar marked his shoulder. She blinks rapidly as she hears Marcus for the first time, finally breaking her gaze away from Collin, “There’ll be no repayment necessary, I have plenty of sheets.” She states simply, her gaze returning to Collin.

Her face couldn't look any further distressed but she cleared her throat and wiped her bloody hands on sheet beside them. She could already feel more exhaustion set in but she pushes to keep her own eyes open and rubs her face. She stands shakily and uses her magic to lift his weight and remove the bloody sheets before resting him on the bed, “Lord Sharpe will take these chambers for the rest of the stay we take here, ” she orders, rolling her shoulder and groaning at them pain in her arm. She turns to look at Marcus and Lord Sharpe and bows her head, “The bloodshed we have seen will be revenged and I will kill the king myself.” She says, her tone cold and fierce.

Her hair was matted again her head from sweat and blood, “Have a maid see to him when he wakes, I'm going to help downstairs and have my wound heal too.” she murmurs quietly.

Marcus let out a breath, "We thank you for the hospitality then, Milady." He said with a nod. "Until Lord Sharpe wakes again... I am at your service." He said. "Let me help you down to the other healers." He said as he came over to offer her aid. He would help her back down the stairs, where some men of both sides were being tended to. The place was morbid, the smell of injury and death hanging in the air. Men shouted and cried in pain as healers and nurses hurried back and forth to help them. Bloody rags were being piled up to wash in one corner, there was a noticeable amount of blood staining the floors of the main hall now.

"The king shall be stopped, that is for certain Milady." Marcus said as he got her to a clear cot. A healer hurried over and began to care for her. "But first we have to reconstitute our forces and better prepare ourselves." He told her. "We won't go invading with only a handful of men." He sighed. "I suppose we fly your colors now though... if you'll have us." He explained.

Elizabeth breathed out heavily and closes her eyes as the healing brought her relief. For a moment, just a small moment she looked calm, her face echoing that of the young girl she truly way. Thrown into an awful situation and whilst she wasn't paying for it the same way as others, the emotion that carried such weight was lifted. Her eyes opened and she glances at Marcus once more, “Until peace is restored, yes. We have plenty in the Alyanthian colour for your men. It shall remove any confusion as we move closer to the castle.” She states gently. Her eyes flicker away to the state of the room and then to the men around her, many still crying in pain.

“Thank you for the things you have done Marcus. Neither yours or Lord Sharpe’s loyalty will be forgotten. Although, I have something to ask you Marcus.” she says before standing slowly and exiting the room, glancing back to check he was following. She cleared her throat when they were finally out of ears shot of anybody else, “Does Ostia have any noble magic family lines?” she asks curiously, wanting to tread carefully on the subject of Collin possessing magic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back