• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Light Lotus Company

Literary Revenant

One Thousand Club

You feel a strange sensation, the room is completely still. There is no noise, save for your breath. You blink your eyes and find that you are no longer where you were. No couch, no chairs, not even a floor to stand upon. You find that you are floating in a black void, numb to all sensations. You begin to wonder if this is real, after all, you were just browsing something on the internet a moment ago. There is no light, no sound aside from your breath, it is quiet and peaceful. Your thoughts wander aimlessly as you enjoy this quiet bliss. That is when you feel something; warmth? Like a warm breeze blowing through you breaking the previous numbness. Light surges around you, garish and bright. You cover your eyes from the light with your hand. Then there is sound, like a rushing waterfall enveloping you. It is deafening but is quickly followed by sounds of chatter and cheers.

The light relents, and you are able to see again. You find that you are in a room with wooden walls, a carpet atop a heavily scuffed wooden floor, a well-made bed with pressed sheets, and comfy-looking pillows. In front of the bed is a sturdy desk and chair, both made of light-colored wood. They are designed in a way you've never seen before, definitely handmade. There is a window to the outside, covered by a solid brown curtain hanging from a bronze rod. You turn to the bed, wanting to rest under its warm covers, but you find an old heavily worn journal. Bound in leather, like old books you'd find at a library. It is badly creased from what looked like years of use and is otherwise unremarkable aside from a lotus-like emblem on its face. Its cloth bookmark placed between yellowed parchment pages. Curiousity grips you, you take the journal and it opens to the page in the marker. It's beautifully handwritten in an odd language, but you are able to read it like it was your own writing.​

no slide

Oh, you finished reading that journal? I hope you enjoyed that silly intro I whipped together. Alrighty then, here is my interest check for a story of mine. I call it The Light Lotus Company. What are they? The Light Lotus Company is a mercenary group led by the one and only Janet Ravenna, with her trusty sidekick Jedryk. After a long-losing spree, Janet has finally gotten the means to transport her company to the new world of Vian. However before she can do so, she needs your help, fresh faces to add to her merry band of two. This story is gonna involve the Light Lotus Company moving to the new world of Vian; a dangerous but wondrous world of magic, politics, and adventure.

I plan on having a list of missions premade with this group taking them on to encounter lots of crazy endeavors up to the point where the mercenaries get caught in the biggest event in Balthoran's history. I do have an idea of what's gonna happen but I also plan on including little "Day off" events where you the players can Sandbox a little bit so that you can feel free to expand little things about your characters. I have a bunch of lore prepared for reading and enjoying and am preparing a CS for the main thread. If you like the little Captain's log and feel like you're ready to immerse yourself into this story be sure to bump the forum. :D

The way how I imagine this playing off is a "Reactionary" style, where I set a scene, toss events out at myself and players and have them react to it. Similar to DnD, except there is no rolling initiative or madness like that. I do want to try and experiment with a dice roll for critical moments such as an NPC going for a killing move and defending yourself. However, that's just an idea and it will be determined when the RP starts.

I am looking for NO MORE than 4 players. This is a solo endeavor for me. I work full time while balancing this between League of Legends and photography. I feel that I can only manage 4 players aside from myself as past attempts with lots of players were very taxing. That means that I will be picky about who gets in.

CAS is now up! Feel free to make some character sheets!

EDIT 5/18/21: I am still hoping for a few more additions to the company, so far I have 1 person with a cs made. If you are interested, make a cs and I'll be in touch!

Last edited:
I wanted to add my interest in this. As this is a new account, I completely understand if you're wary about me being one of the four people. No worries! <3

I wanted to add my interest in this. As this is a new account, I completely understand if you're wary about me being one of the four people. No worries! <3
Nah. Nobody is worry about a new user here. Just don't do one liners, metagaming, or break any of the rules Literary put up, and you will be fine. 🙂

Color me intrigued. I'm not sure if you're above the four player mark, but if not I'll be happy to join up.

Foster Foster Once Once Ambiloquous Ambiloquous mysteryxio mysteryxio Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Elucid Elucid Nessi Nessi Walnutt_ Walnutt_

Like I promised, I've finished up the CAS, gotten the thread made, posted the lore I have in the Lore page, all that needs to happen now is some characters need to be made and applications submitted. I put the Rules for this story in the OOC. Make sure to check them and give me a cookie.

Now for the important bit, I have decided to up my Merc count to 5 players. Still small, but enough for me to have some more personal attention. With that said, the character application sheet is just that, an application. Not a guarantee that your character will have a chance to play in this story. I'd love to give everyone a go at this story, but I worry that I won't be able to give everyone the time and attention they deserve without getting burnt out.

Alright, that's all said. I'll leave applications open for a few days to allow for any stragglers. Once the applications are processed and players chosen, I will be doing individual prologue posts with your characters and one of mine. Then, Act 1 begins.

Is it possible in this universe to be a mix? I was thinking human mother and moon elf father. I wanted to check first before making my CS!

Oof, I remember the old Light Lotus Company thread. Hope this turns out even better than the first, I may need to keep a close eye on this...

I might pick you up on that offer, assuming that Herisa and Ogran would be welcomed back. Perhaps later down the line...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back