• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Light Lotus Company Application Inbox

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Literary Revenant

One Thousand Club
5480826d87176e24ccd8857df42c4eed.png

Application for entry into the esteemed Lotus Light Company of Mercenaries, led by Captain Janet Ravenna and Lieutenant Ramirov. Please fill out every field unless I mark it as non essential. Your Application will be printed and reviewed by me and my partner. If I or my partner Ramirov deem you worthy you will receive a signed copy with instructions on where to meet us next.
Appearance: Are you ugly or pretty? It makes little difference in my eyes. Make sure to include a portrait of yourself. (Images required! Credit for images is not required but welcome. I'll take Anime, or fantasy art.)

Full Name: I need to know who you are, not just an Alias. (First and Last name. [Middle name is optional])

Alias(s): Here is where you can put those fancy nicknames of yours.(Whatever you like, kept PG13 of course)[Optional]

Age: I just need to know that you aren't a child trying to join my employ.(Anywhere between 13-55.)

Gender: Do you really need me to explain what you need to put here? (Shouldn't be hard to know what to put here...)

Orientation: It doesn't matter who you share your bed with, but you can share it here if you like. (Straight, Bisexual, Gay/Lesbian, Asexual, or Pan-sexual [Optional])

Why Do You Want to be a Mercenary?: I need to really know why you want to be a mercenary. It will determine your cut and if I'll accept you. (Interview, have fun with this one! I'd like more than two paragraphs.)

Your Gift: Are you able to drop a mans trousers with a wink? Summon birds with your singing? Dance like a professional?(Is there something unique to you? It does not have to be battle related. Optional)

Class: Do you use axes or sword? Spell or tongue? (Please keep your classes Warrior/Rogue/Magi format for my sake.)

Preferred Weapon/Fighting: How do you fight? Like a Girl or a Girly girl?(Including Martial Arts if any)

Preferred Magic Sorcerers only: If you throw spells, what kind do you use?([Combat, Change, or Display/Illusion, pick one!]Combat includes all destructive magic. Change is protection, creation, and healing magics. Display/illusion is as it sounds.)

Good or Evil?: Goddammit, Ramirov! Did you put this here!? (This will affect how your individual story should flow. It will also help give me an idea on how your character will affect the group story and how my character/s will interact with you.)

Strengths: What are you good at? (Should be obvious. Listed. 1. strong. 2 brave. 3. etc...)

Weaknesses: What do you suck at? (One weakness per strength)

Personality: You're not gonna start bawling on the battlefield are you?(What's your character like?)

Likes: Do you have little hobbies? Mine involves lingerie...(What does your Character like? OPTIONAL)

Dislikes: What's your bane? (What does your Character dislike? OPTIONAL)

History: Any fancy things to share?(Family or tribal history)

Biography: Any more fancy things to share? (Personal history, OPTIONAL)

Family: Do you come from a family of riches or something like a... worker group? (If any, SKIP if you addressed them in the History list.)

Friends: Any pals that you can think of? (If any, OPTIONAL)

Enemies: Anyone that I may need to worry about?(If any, likely from history or biography, OPTIONAL)

Status: You're not another noble are you? (Rich, poor, soldier, peasant, noble, OPTIONAL)

Emotional Status: Do you have the demeanor of a Mercenary? (Happy, Sad, Mad, etc...)

Love Interest: Is there anyone special to you? (If any [if you want to have a preexisting romance with another character, ask the character's owner and let love flow!]OPTIONAL)

Applicant Signature: (You can just copy the Character's name here, but I like to use Fontmeme to create a fancy font.)

Approval Signature: (I'll fill this out when your character is approved.)

Last edited:
d1d2b937bfd9ffad674438c41899b848.png

Authors Notes
Most of these are just basic guidelines for player behavior. I wont lash out if anyone accidentally does something wrong. This is mainly a formality that needs to be fulfilled but kept in mind.

1: RPNation rules apply first and foremost. Handy Link right here: RpNation: Community Guidelines

2: This is what I call the Revenant Rule. What does it mean? That I the Literary Revenant ran out of rules to write down in the process of writing this in the early morning. So this is comic relief. Laugh with me. ha ha ha ha ha.

3: This isnt a really a true rule, but it is important to me. Make some time to commit to this story. This story grows with you, and losing players hurts me and the story. If you don't feel you can be active in this story (Which can go on for months assuming how well things go) Do NOT go any further.
If I don't see you active in a while (A while being more than 5 days.) I'll message you. If you don't respond after a given time I'll consider you gone. If you simply lose interest, let me know so I can work it into the story. (I know life happens, I myself have full time school and work. This is my free time endeavor.)

3a: No Idle Chatter Unless in a Rest Scene AKA Sandbox Vaycay. (I.E. "Hi." "How are you." "Whats your name?" "I'm Bob." This is so people don't wait on unimportant chatter.)

4: Respect other players at all times, if you feel like you've been harassed let me or my CO GMs know through PM and I'll handle it from there. (Though I hope I never have to)

5: Absolutely no God characters whatsoever, if I see any made there will be instant denial.

6: Do NOT play other players characters unless given permission by their creator and informing me first.

7: Every Character must have a weakness that isn't caused by class or race. Whether its physical, mental, or emotional there must be a weakness.

8: No killing off characters without the owner's permission and my approval.

9: When posting in IC, at least 3 paragraphs are required, 4 sentences. I am dedicating plenty of time to writing this, I don't expect you to match or exceed my writing, but I do wanna see what you can do.

9a: This is not a real rule, just a suggestion. Use an Accordion BB code format if you have long posts. I'd preferably have everyone use an accordion as that will make the IC far less cluttered.

10: Keep all IC chatter in the IC thread, keep any OOC chatter in the OOC thread, and don't chat in the CS thread. The CS thread is only for Character sheets. If you need to ask me a question, PM me or tag me in OOC.

11: BB codes are allowed but keep fonts readable and text visible. I've been guilty of unreadable font before.... :P

12: If I, for any reason including work, school, or family affairs, must be away from a computer, cell phone, or my tablet, My Co GMs will be there to manage the RP. A pause or rest period may or may not be put in place.

13: No Spamming!

14: Romance will be allowed but keep RPNations rules in mind, no deliberate erotic content. (IE Groping, Erotic speech or actions.) Kissing and hugs are allowed, Some speech is allowed just keep it PG-13.

14a: I have spoken with RPN staff, I have been given clarification on Sexual/Sensual Content. I'll include more details in this handy
So, a given thing is no description of Sex or Sexual Bodyparts of ANY KIND.
In men, things like "Loin Tightening" and "Rod Hardening" and anything similar are No No.
In Women, things involving becoming "Wet" or using the words "Breasts" and "Boobs" and anything similar are a No No.
Now, You can say people have slept together before. You can say that a certain person wants to sleep with another person. You can say that they are about to sleep together, but you CANNOT include any detail of what's happening. Fade to black is mandatory if it's getting to that point.
If you feel that you need clarification about any content your making feel free to ask me. You, or I for that matter, will not get in trouble for asking me before posting said content.

14b: If you make multiple characters then these characters cannot have a romantic relationship. This is so people who are possibly interested in having a romantic relationship with your character has the opportunity.

14c: Romantic relationships between Players/characters must be done right, consent from their owners must be given before the romance can be allowed. -If you want a romantic relationship to be present before the start of the RP, arrange it with the owner of the character you want the relationship with.

Lastly have some fun, we are here to free ourselves into a world where we can have fun and be happy.

271b3680c693bdd4e6505186a8cdf7df.png

087aa744096056e5a896a323794101e0.png
The Basic Things About Me

Appearance: Are you kidding me? Look at me! Don't try tell me I'm notgorgeous!
Janet has long dark hair that she keeps up or back, usually in a ponytail or bun. She's about average height standing around 5'2". She has the lithe of a dancer, features to die for, and a lotus tattoo on her left thigh.
Janet is a beautiful woman, and she knows it. While she maintains a level of modesty in appearance, she still loves to share her beauty in whatever ways she can. She's also a fan of lingerie.

Full Name: My name is Janet Ravenna

Alias(s): The Sexy Slayer, The Ravishing Reaper, The Luscious Leaver. All chosen by me although some of those were fueled by a little alcohol.

Gender: I am Female, which has given me advantages and setbacks.

Orientation: Bisexual, darling. I've had lovers of both genders.

Why Do You Want to be a Mercenary?: My real reason for becoming a mercenary is to follow in the footsteps of her savior and mentor. In my weakest time he saved me and gave me another purpose. An actual purpose rather, because being a living pleasure doll was not a purpose it was an occupation.

Your Gift: I can bevery persuasive, it's all about knowing how to use my woman's wile to suit my best interests. I'm also not bad at modeling, that's how I managed to survive these lonely weeks when Ramirov wasn't around. I don't really get to talk about this much but I can tailor fabric nicely. It's a family thing

Class: I like the term Duelist. I have taught myself to succeed in the single duel, and techniques here can still be applied if I am against larger groups.

Preferred Weapon/Fighting: I work best with a light single handed sword. Some examples are Arming Swords and Sabers. Being a Mercenary trained by the very best, I know that swords and looks may not be enough so I spent many hours learning the Systema martial arts and grappling. You know how many times they hit me until I felt no pain!? A lot!

Good or Evil?: Although some of my actions suggest me to be a very bad girl, I'm still a good person. I just like the bad activities.

Strengths: Attractive - It goes without saying that I am incredibly attractive, and I take advantage of this to get what I need whenever I need it.
Athletic - Like any good Mercenary Captain, I keeps her body in prime shape with a heavy regime of exercise. Ramirov has helped a bit, but sadly he never comes to my chambers no matter how many times I've asked.
Clever - It takes more than a strong body to lead, I've trained her mind, educating myself in nearly all subjects, which is more of a curse when you know exactly what this Ardanor is doing to the world. I like riddles sometimes.
Born Leader - "This is where the author writes that she can be quite bossy, but Janet threatened to stab me so I'll say this instead." That's a good author now.
Stubborn - Even in difficult dilemmas I refuse to give up! In the past this has led to great accomplishments and big problems but I won't give up Ramirov!!!

Weaknesses: Greedy - I want more out of her contacts, and out of my love interests. This has led me to losing contacts altogether. That stupid Templar captain missed out on this.
Short Tempered - I can't usually keep a cool head when things get stressful. To resolve this I rely on my cool headed partner. He stopped me from bashing the dockmaster's face in.
Easily Offended - "Don't mention her weight. Ever. Don't do it. You'll lose something that you treasure."
Politically Impaired - "In her attempts to get involved in the political affairs of Balthora, Janet has failed miserably. Mostly due to her temper."
Refuses to wear Armor - There were times when I think fighting naked would be best. Men would certainly stop and stare. Armor inhibits my movement, even leather. It doesn't stretch good enough. "This makes her vulnerable to any attack."
Barren - I don't need to explain this do I? Fine. I can't have children. I just can't. A trick of being in the brothel trade!
My Story

Personality: "Janet is generally a happy person, fun to be around with. She is flirtatious, and in some cases downright vulgar. If you are patient enough to get past the somewhat annoying flirt, Janet is a teddy bear. She hates being alone and would rather be with a good friend for a day than some lover for a night. When you have entered her inner circle of friends, Janet reveals the real her behind the facade of strength. She is incredibly caring, almost like a mother; an incredibly attractive flirty mother." You tell them author! Do what I can't!

I love to flirt and what can come after.
I love to model Lingerie, especially when it's made by Vian designers. But I would LOVE Elven designs!
I enjoy conversation, usually with a small amount of wine and roses.
I enjoy the company of friends. The ones I can trust atleast.

Dislikes: "In direct opposite of payday, Janet hates being refused pay."
Call me girly, but I haaaaate being dirty. I bathe often, only at the BEST bathhouses where they actually change the water. Have you ever bathed in someone else's water?! IT'S DISGUSTING!
I hate fighting, as in both arguing and physical combat.
I do not like Sorcerers, even my baby boo Ramirov. "More about this in her Biography."
I hate Aldanor, its caused all the hell in my life.
"Lastly, Janet doesn't like Balthora as she has experienced it at it's worst."

History: "Janet's family was a family of Seamsters and Seamstresses, the Falohons. Using their talents for generations, The Falohon have suited kings and queens, providing the finest vestments to all, not just those with coin. As the centuries passed and Balthora became exponentially more powerful, so too did the Falohons. The family rose to the ranks of pseudo-nobility by the time Janet was born. However, it was this power that was their downfall. Once Aldanor was formulated as fuel and munitions, everything changed.

The Falohon family was among the first families to begin distributing the volatile substance. Much of the business they dealt in was with the new Aldanor trade, a lucrative endeavor that brought the Falohon family to the forefront on Balthoran nobility. The newly dubbed Lord Gregory Falohon, Janet's Father, had completely abandoned the trade of the past in favor of selling only Aldanor. This caused a divide between Gregory and his wife Jolene, who wanted to continue their family legacy of Tailoring. Eventually Jolene divorced Gregory taking back her maiden name Ravenna. She was pregnant at this time with her youngest child, and Gregory swore to have the child returned to him.

Jolene retreated to a small sector of the super city, where she gave birth to a beautiful daughter who she named Janet after her great great grandmother. After that, the plagues started. Jolene did what she could to teach Janet her trade while avoiding the oncoming sickness brought about by the Ardanor trade. Unfortunately, the final sector they reached was under quarantine, Jolene got sick and was forced to surrender Janet to an orphanage. As for Gregory, Janet never knew him, only that he was never to be trusted." I had to have the author tell this because frankly, I was too young to know this and my mother refused to tell me much about my dad. Only that he was some asshole who dealt with Ardanor.

Biography: I was born to a single mother near an Agrifield in Balthora. Life was less than pleasant but still exciting for the young me. I learned how to be a seamstress from her mom. I took to it rather well, quickly learning how to sew my own clothes, finding it relaxing and entertaining when I couldn't find peace. By age 8 I was sewing her own dresses and to this day I still make almost all of my own clothes. Together me and my mother lived a simple but happy life. As is usually the case for unlucky souls, that did not last long. Due to a shortage of safe food, my mom Jolene grew ill with the Plague. I did everything I could making money for medicine and healing, I was desperate! I even went to some Arda's love dealers to get groped in exchange for a hit to see if mom would get better. She refused it. For three years this continued until Mom reached a critical stage where she became incurable. That broke my heart. To prevent me from being quarantined with her and the rest of the sector, mom arranged for me to live in an orphanage near the Central zones where I should be safe. Of course I was reluctant when the men took me away from mom, but the new home seemed welcome enough when I first saw it.

I lived in a small girls orphanage with 7 other girls. The caretaker was a kind elderly woman who had cared for children all her life. Everyday we were treated to a hot breakfast of sausage, eggs and potatoes served however they like. At least that's when adults are around. When they are gone, it's only misery in the form of chores mental harassment and beatings every 8th hour. The caretaker aptly named Matron Crone, was no fan of children and never had been. The children put under her care were promptly enslaved into various aspect of the Balthoran underground upon reaching a certain age, one of the older children explained to me. Usually when they were in their 'Bearing Years'. I wasn't far away from that. In order to remain on the good side of the Matron, I was instructed to stay quiet, do her chores and to not complain when the beatings happened.

My introduction to the group was not exactly fun, most of the other girls clad in torn rags, were not excited to see the beautiful Janet arrive in a well tailored dress. The largest of them, some bitch named Gladys, who surprisingly happened to be the youngest approached me demanding I give up my dress. When I refused she made a whistle and I was assaulted by the other girls, beaten and battered. Once I lie on the disgusting filth ridden floor broken, Gladys tore off my dress leaving me alone on the cold floor in a shif. I should probably try that with Ramirov.... Back to the story!

Once the bullies left, I was approached by a single kind soul. The eldest girl aged 13, aptly named Mercy. Mercy offered painkillers and cold tea as consolation. I didn't trust her so I smacked it away from me, choosing to huddle in the corner freezing. Mercy explained that the girls who attacked her were victims of the same fate at the hands of Gladys, and now they simply obeyed her every command to avoid her punishment and that of Crone's. Some girls believed that Gladys was the daughter based on her downright shitty behavior and preferred status. Others just said she was born a rotten bitch. I asked why they never bothered Mercy, to which she answered "They know better". Her answer didn't help me any but I couldn't care less at the time. I remember muttering curses under my breath. Mercy offered me one of her other dresses, which I happily took. Mercy may not be a mother but shes atleast a friend, the closing thing I had to one there.

Bitter years passed, the multiple daily beatings hardened Janet into a young adolescent woman. It was finally time for me to be "adopted", I was 16 years old. A group of the Balthoran underground had come to take their pick of the teens. Some were taken by Ardanor smugglers, Gladys was snatched by the Nobleman to be used as a personal consort, while Mercy and I were chosen by a Brothel mistress. The uneducated me was happy at first to get away from Crone but my victory was short-lived. First came the training, learning how to be the perfect woman for any client. "Give them a drink when they ask, Spread your legs when they say, Keep your mouth shut when you don't have a client." Next was the wardrobe, shiny sparkly outfits that allowed a woman to be more revealing of her features while being the opposite of classy. There was nothing I wore there that I would wear again. Last was the spell, it was a horrible seal of magic that was placed on my stomach. I still have that ugly tattoo now, it prevents me from having children. If I ever find the woman who did it her head is gonna be dog food! Finally there was my first client, some large bellied banker with a fetish for younger women. As ordered by the Mistress, I merely stayed quiet and offered my services. The first time hurt, and he stank. I did the same thing for many more clients becoming little more than an object of pleasure. I had grown used to it, spread the legs and say nothing. After a while it seemed like I didn't feel anything, pleasure or pain.

Until one day my client was someone I knew only by name. Gregory Falohon, my own father. The emotions I felt were inexplicable, but disgust was a huge part of it. Daddy wanted to the woman mom turned me into. That dick! Apparently he had been keeping tabs on me ever since I was born. And he never thought to save me from this shithole? Prevent me from becoming a mistress of the night?! Let me be a decent woman?!!? The rest is kinda hazy... He tried to move on me so I kicked in the nethers, broke a bottle on his head and ran. I remember bumping into Mercy, my good friend and only reason I continued living. She had heard the commotion and came from the 'Choosing Room' to see what had happened. When I told her, something... changed. Her eyes changed, turning a strange fiery glow. Next thing I knew the whole brothel going up in flames and a lotta angry people were dying angry deaths. I'd be mad too if I died in that fashion, in that place, doing that thing. Mercy and I went our separate ways, we figured that would be best. I was in the middle of the street wearing that ugly whore garb. I managed to steal a modest dress and disappear near the Grey zones. I tried to sleep, but didn't get much.

I remember a man. A graying old man wearing a well tailored garb with a single white lotus sewn into his shirt. He appeared like an angel from the wind, with long flowing hair to match. This man was Ron, leader of the Light Lotus Company. In short he rescued me from the world of bought pleasure, taught me a code. A code of honor, respect, but most importantly money. It wasn't hard for me to convince Ron to take her under his wing but it wasn't my wiles that won him over, it was the fighting spirit. A zeal that he hadn't seen since his younger days. This man became the father I never had. Someone who was willing to raise me, feed me, clothe me, care for me, hell he even disciplined me when I needed it. In this time, I learned how to actually enjoy myself in the night and I'll leave it at that. All the while I became member of the Light Lotus Company. Almost a decade passed, we enjoyed many successes with my new family. Upon Ron's retirement, a rare luxury for a mercenary, I took over as Captain of the Light Lotus and while I has certainly hit her lowest along with my company, I remain hopeful for the future.
The Little Details

Family: Father: Gregory Falohon
Mother: Jolene Ravenna
Step-Father: Ron

Friends: Ramirov, Ron, Mercy.

Enemies: Gregory Falohon. Matron Crone. Plus a lot of one night stands....

Emotional Status: Elated, Hopeful. Short and sweet, like me. ;)

Love Interest: Darling I have a love interest everytime I go for a night out. Whether I act on that is another story.
[/border

Last edited:

d1d366199bca7420ebd93b557fe5b60b.png

0073e4bcfc5071b3bc22d455e3d33b6b.jpg
The Basic Details

Appearance: I have received many compliments in my youth, I still receive compliments now.
Ramirov is a fairly good looking guy, long hair for a guy. His skin burns easy in the sunlight so he prefers to keep himself covered with a coat. While not being the biggest fan of robes, he does wear them in colder months. He has a short thick beard that he often doesnt care about and gets a little scruffy.

Full Name: All you need to know is Ramirov.

Alias(s): Janet calls me Grumpy Face. Mr Not Talking. A couple more but I don't believe they are friendly enough to be put here.

Age: I am 40 Common years old. In my tribe, I would be considered 23. It's a complicated math let's not get into it.

Orientation: I am Heterosexual.

Why Do You Want to be a Mercenary?: I have a couple debts that need to be repaid. The one I owe to Janet is one I fear cannot be repaid. So I go where she goes and do what she asks, but no. I will never do that no matter what she wears or how many time she acts.

Your Gift: Iya Gorovyu Fraizyurni Olohost, Leinas Throndas Nakol. (I speak Fraizyurne, it's my home language.) I am a talented sorcerer in the schools of Impetus Magicae and Umbra Venificium.

Class: Malefica, its the Fraizyurne term for Sorcerer.

Preferred Weapon/Fighting: I would rather not fight with a weapon, in fact I'd rather not fight at all, but I still know how to atleast hit something hard.

Preferred Magic Sorcerers only: My preferred use of Impetus is the Cryus and Pyrus schools, to an extreme effect at times. Included are a dabbling in Venificium.

Good or Evil: Such an irrelevant question. Why did I put this here? I serve the greater good.

Strengths: Rugged - Being born in the Fraizyurne is a gift in itself, to live in the burning cold is to be strong from birth.
Poetic - Speech is often forgotten, shortened and changed for the application of business or in other instances pleasure. At times I aim to revive the old ways.
Educated - Oh yes, mathematics are quite fun. Throw me a quadratic, It'll be fun.
Vian-Native - The whole reason I believe Janet tolerates my presence, aside from my good looks, is that I can get us into Vian. I don't believe she will toss me away, but still she could be a little nicer.
Magic Adept - I've answered this question a couple thousand times already, I use magic. I can use magic because my body is Adept. My Arcana is strong enough to where I can use magic without exploding into a pile of meat paste.
Indomitable - Janet has told me atleast 9 times that I am unbeatable, that "My will can't be beaten by anything I throw at you." I'm still not certain if that's a compliment or an insult.

Weaknesses: Soft-Spoken - I've been told I'm too quiet while talking.
Foreign - Atleast 57 time's my Vian heritage has gotten my lunch burned or my accent insulted. The Balthorans do NOT like foreigners.
Weakened Arcana - The air here... it's sick. If I remain here for too long then I may lose some of my magic power.
Poison - I've been poisoned once. Never. Again.
Indebted - I owe a debt that I can never repay.
Marked - My own tribe has exiled me. I bear the mark and I may never return.
The Story behind Mr.Grumpy Face
Personality: I am a complacent person who is generally fine with what I am given. my way of thinking is rather odd some say, using a unique evaluation process before engaging with people is only my standard procedure. Not much can make me angry or happy, but usually when I am around people that deem "Worthy" I'll be friendly enough. I'll laugh at your jokes, drink with you, dance and be merry. However if you are declared as "disagreeable" I have been called the greatest enemy to humanity, being incredibly hostile and rude among others. And if I deem you as "Unworthy" one better be good at running away at a fast pace.

Likes: I enjoy Madeleine cookies and shortbread with a steaming tea. Hardly anything beats that. When I can I try to read a book. But the company of others, including a sober Janet, is always enjoyable even when I do not smile.

Dislikes: Whoever decided that Coffee was a breakfast essential should burn! Liquor is my bane. This goes without saying but I am really tired of Janet trying to take me into her room for "Nighttime pleasure". And Spirits forbid if you are a rude punk then you may as well stay away from me.

History: The Ramirov family has been living in the world of Vian for 8 generations, serving as the chieftains of a small clan called "Haivul". Haivul was one of dozens of clans in the Northlands of Fraizyurne, or Frostburne in the common tongue. The Haivul clan was one of the 'Adept Clans', those who had magic wielders. Those who were the strongest were allowed to contend for the Nakul Staff, the mark of the Chieftain. For 8 generations the Ramirovs have been chieftains up until the latest generation when the latest Ramirov had been defeated. That's pretty much as brief a story I can make about my family history.

Biography: This has been something I've dreaded since I started writing this account, but I must fulfill my promise. Ramirov is not my true name, rather a title, a last name as you call it. It's true meaning is a secret, but our family is that of chieftains. I bear a few memories of my younger years, and that's something I can share.

I was young and ambitious, it seems so long ago now since I've been that young but time flows fast here. In my youth I wanted to explore the world around me, learn the secrets of the forest and understand the meaning behind Frostfire. I sadly never learned that secret, my Father was the Chieftain of our clan, Haivul. He wanted me to simply be strong in our ways and fulfill my role as his successor. This would be no great challenge really, I merely had to defeat any challengers who would rise to the challenge. An afterthought, especially when I was with my friend Pino. Pino was a fun person, together we would race in the forests until our bodies would ache, we courted ladies until their fathers shooed us, wrestled oh there are many fond memories I have of my youth with Pino.

I reached my 11th Passing, it was time for me to accept the Rite. An elaborate ritual where I would become the Chieftain of Haivul, as long as I could defeat any challengers of course. My father was especially meticulous and my preparation, he even gave me the Nakul Staff, a family heirloom of sorts, to use in battle. My friend Pino wanted to share a final drink before I became chieftain and had to assume it's many responsibilities. A strong mead, with hints of tobacco and cinnamon. I entered the Clan Circle, donning the war paint and accepted challenged. As expected none challenged, except for my good friend Pino. I assumed he meant nothing of it, another playful wrestle that he would lost. I was wrong of course.

He should have been better prepared. Pino attacked me with surprising force, barraging my wards with blasts of Ice and wind. With the Nakul Staff, I could easily succeed in negating the attacks, creating a powerful ward of Arcana. Refusing to relent, Pino continued an endless assault but my ward stood strong, indomitable. He fought with an unusual passion that I didn't expect, I was dumbfounded, he was actually fighting to win it seemed. That's when I became serious in the battle, returning a blow, counterattacking with flames. My powers easily trumped that of Pino, and it wasn't long before I had him on his knees. That's when it happened. A horrendous pain in my stomach, a thousand waving daggers ripping apart my innards crippled me. Now I had fallen to my knees, I heard words roughly resembling "Poison! Poison! He has been Poisoned!" Likely my father.

I was unable to fight, so I surrendered. The entire clan was shocked as the Ramirovs have never lost a challenge, even to far stronger adversaries. I kneeled before Pino beaten, the Nakul staff being taken from and awarded to the new Chieftain Pino. My eyes turned up at his friend, and I begged for mercy in the form of death as was the tradition of our tribe. However, Pino exiled me instead, cursing me with the mark of broken flame to never return home at the cost of death for him and his whole family. I never truly understood how or why Pino sentenced him to such a fate, if it truly was some form of kindness or spite.

In my exile, I became a wandering wizard of sorts, selling any magical talents in exchange for food or shelter for the night. There were many nights spent lying awake, contemplating why my best friend could betray me in such an odd fashion. Where had I gone wrong? Was Pino using me for my power? For extra food? None of the thoughts flowing through my mind made sense, all I did know was that I was young, alone and often hungry. Luckily things would get better for me. Over the decades, I traveled to Balthora where I made a decent living powering the constructs with produced Aldanor. To prevent any foul business which was rapidly growing, I would keep my head down and ears closed with the help of a new invention called earplugs.

My life led a good passing, not the same could be said for most Balthorans. Being a foreigner I often found myself at the scorn of coworkers and pretty much any merchant I would purchase his tea from. By this time I had almost forgotten his past I had become Balthoran, almost. That was when the war against Kalin started, the final bastion of Green woodland in Sanas. Sadly my name: Ramirov was the top of the R list as not many here have a name starting with R, so I was drafted into a militia and used as a weapon against the Kalin forces. I'll admit, I was incredibly efficient, slaying many who challenged me with Ice and Fire. However, a Balthoran soldier 'accidently' sunk his spear into my belly. Another act of racism. In this act of betrayal, I was left to die and be considered Killed in Action. Perhaps I may be remembered as a hero, but I refused to die there!

Wounded and weak, I stumbled through the forest of Kalin, admiring all the greenery around me. The past few years have been a little grey, but the green life around me provided much needed comfort. I had felt an infection forming, thankfully not the Plague but still not fun for this brilliant thing called living. Near death, I was not able to find anyone so I had given up. I chose an old tree to sit on while I waited for death. Trees hold a certain power to them, and to offer yourself in such a fashion was the best gift I could give. I don't have children nor much of an inheritance. Fraizyurne was so far... I longed for the cold of home. I can't remember if I slept but it was just a lot of waiting. That was when I met an unexpected ally, a beautiful woman named Janet Ravenna found me. She was beautiful, albeit somewhat forward but she arranged for medical aid to rescue me. Apparently she was in Kalin with her mercenary company as part of the fighting or rather the scavenging of what's left over before it turned into a Sorya field. I was taken back to Balthora to heal, given the rare luxury of a tasty hot meal. The military had awarded me a medal for my bravery in dire conditions but it held as much value as the mud on my shoes. It was Balthorans who betrayed me, but also a Balthoran who rescued me; whom I owed a debt. That was when I offered my services to Janet, until the time my debt is repaid in my eyes. I 'joined' her company as a Lieutenant, Janet wanted to sail to Vian, so I figured I would oblige her wish. I still have an old friend who might be able to help with this endeavor.
The Little Details of Ramirov
Family: Ramirov has his father and his mother. He hasn't seen them in over 20 years.

Friends: Pino was my first friend but I don't believe he is my friend anymore. I'm not afraid to admit that I enjoy Janet's company when she is not trying to bed me, she can be a bit much at times, like a little child but she's adorable. If I were to have a daughter, I would hope she be like Janet.

Enemies: Enemies is a relative term, being from Vian a lot of Balthorans hate me.

Status: I'm a person. I don't hold status in the Balthoran society.

Emotional Status: I really wish Janet didn't need me to place this here. I. Am. Fine. Stop asking me!

Love Interest: I do not have anyone to love, not in Balthora. Janet is more an angry daughter than a lover.

Last edited:
Appearance:
images (3).jpeg

Appearance:
A tattoo lies on his right arm depicting a serpent eating its tail. The center holds 2 chevrons with plenty of space left there.

Full Name:
Dante

Alias(s):
Death Shroud (Only to his old outfit)
John Ferryman
Dante of the 9th Serpents

Orientation:
Straight

Why Do You Want to be a Mercenary?:
He's good at it and can use the money he tells you. He mentions he is good with a sword and you don't seem to have too many options. Through his smile and confident demeanor you can't help but wonder how a young son to a Ferryman holds the confidence of a veteran mercenary.

The mention of pay broadens his smile and when you ask if there's any past you should worry about his eyes cloud over as if a long lost memory is force to the forefront.

You thank him for his time but a thought nags at you. There's no ferry for miles around and the locals can't remember this man. All his facts are right but you can't help but wonder why he never mentioned a personal story about the area.

Your Gift:
He has the gift to blend in with any fighting unit. One second he's fighting with the local guards the next he's drinking their mead in their guard tower being asked to join them.(Infiltrator)

Class:
Warrior

Preferred Weapon/Fighting:
His preferred weapon is a short sword with or without a shield. He's been a fighter all his life, and most of his fighting style is commonly drilled sword moves from a plethora of countries and many dirty tricks picked up in the tavern or battlefield. His father always said he had a great talent for violence.
He has received the basic training to be a light cavalry man like his father, but he's forgotten much after fighting so long as a swordsman.

Good or Evil?:
Dante has no true concept of being good or bad always living near a battlefield. His morals are simply guided by the numbers game as no one has taught him better. Gold decides what is right and wrong. The closest he has to an ethical code is what his old company gave him.
1. Don't kill another serpent
2. Don't steal from another serpent
3. Loot only after your objective is finished
4. Listen to the strong

Strengths:
Great fighter unless in a honorable duel
he's great at "aquiring" supplies
He has a talent for violence
He's very knowledgeable about anything involving war

Weaknesses:
He is illiterate
He can't create any equipment no matter how simple
He tends to be overzealous if the instructions aren't clear
He enjoys looting a little too much

Personality:
Adventurous, good humored and easy to get along with. Dante has always been a reliable soldier to get the job done. Open minded with a great memory. Dante always enjoyed learning from the vets of his old company to learn the best way to win a war. He is always quick to help less knowledgable fellows, but war has taken his toll on him.

Inwardly he gets who will be the next one to die. He helps others to increase his chances of survival. Birthdays are just lengths of time before the next promotion. Leaders are just people who lived a siege longer.

Dante enjoys talking to travelers and learning all they know.
He loves a good payday or pay off
He enjoys traveling and seeing new places
He also likes horses

Dislikes:
He has a strong distaste towards people taking the high ground on morals when the truth is far different
He hates losing money
He hates gambling
He hates sieges and bodyguard duty

History:
Trampled Hooves-
A nomadic tribe well renown for their light calvary. Their warriors tend to wield long, light and flexible spears with horses able to turn on a dime. They wear only a chest plate and a right handed bracer utilizing speed and agility as their main defense. They never single handedly changed the tide of a war, but they have made all the difference for generals needing an extra edge.

The Sons of The Serpent-
Shrouded in mystery, this mercenary company is known for its motto. "Nations break before the sons do". Formerly an army led by The Serpent Prince from the Ancient Kingdom. The Ancient Kingdom fell to a kingdom who like the Ancient Kingdom is now lost to time. Meanwhile, the Sons of the Serpent fought on until their own state exiled them to sue for peace.
Without a home, the exiled prince led the true Patriots as a company of mercenaries. The company changed names many times through time before settling on it's current title. The company is now a small army able to call on over two thousand men. It normally operates in units called a "great serpent" of usually around 100 men. Each great serpent goes by a different name often fighting against another great serpent. They also call themselves by their own dictated name not by their uniting name The Sons of the Serpent. Their Ultimate objective is to carve out a new kingdom so their people can return home.

Biography:
Dante's father was a horseman from a tribal community called "The Trampled Hooves. The tribe frequently joined various kingdoms armies as expert light Horsemen. After their tours of duty they would rejoin the clan. He joined the Mercenary Company "Sons of the Serpent" as he ran away with the chieftains daughter.
A few months later Dante was born. Both of his parents never had time for Dante. His father always out scouting, fighting or guarding. His mother helped care for the horses. Dante always saw his dad come to the tent in his dented bloodied armor and dreamed of one day fighting alongside his father.
The mercenary company never held classes for numbers or letters. His parents were also illiterate and never bothered to teach Dante. With no supervision aside from being back before dinner, Dante would help around camp or learn the trade rather than sit in a boring tent to pretend like scribble and scrawl held meaning. The Company decided it needed more shield scrubbers than "Useless Squires".
At 12 his mother was slain when The Sons of the Serpents were camped outside the siege. After months of being there the company decided to use an all out attack to bring down their foe. At the same moment heroic defenders came out to raid the company. After a night of hiding Dante came home to the sight of a burned husk and a bloodied father. Dante saw his mother little aside from the few days he had to help with the horses. Her passing wasn't anything different seeing his own friends able to shrug it off. Her death was like the hundreds of others he knew about after a battle. She was just one less concern.
Two weeks later on Dante's birthday his father sponsored Dante to become a drummer for the company. Dante spent years drumming the beat of the march. His duties didnt change much only at the end of a battle he had to do "clean up duty". He killed those enemy wounded and helped save those friends that were hurt. He still dreamed of leading the vanguard with his father.
At 17 he became a regular swordsman for the company. His first battle the battles he thought were glorious were gorefests. He realized in war the best swordsman didn't win. It was those who could use the chaos of the battle to their advantage. He was promoted due to the fact he spent enough time in the company growing up in it and they needed reliable leaders.
He kept his rank because no matter the mission. Dante found a way to make it work. Even when ground was lost Dante's men insured it cost thier foes. The dreams of being a knight like his father grew even brighter.
The name deathshroud was given to the squad because it was guaranteed you would be injured before the year was out. Many were just wounded and forced out of action for months, but others were eternally lain to rest. A common joke was to hope to be wounded so you wouldn't die.
The truth of the matter in Dante deserting was his squad was looting the town. Captain Stone wanted to secure a guard tower full of enemy soldiers. Captain Stone lost a dozen men and blamed Dante declaring he was insubordinate and was looting. Dante was imprisoned until his father came by and left a knife. Dante slit the throats of two of his guards and slipped out in the night. He found a village to hide in before a new company came into town looking for men. Captain Stone hot on his heels and a chance to disappear and do the one job he's good at. Dante smells opportunity.

Family:
Dad (Knight)-
Still alive as the Captain of the 7th Serpents also known as the Heralds of Blood

Mom (Tribal)
Dead

Friends:
He is friendless since leaving his company. He now relies on those who are "friends" of his father.

Many in the 9th Serpents or "The Scions" believe he was in the right. Many still wont do anything to help Dante in the situation he finds himself in.

Enemies:
Captain Stone:
Was in charge of Dante who disobeyed an order out of fear it would compromise the left flank. True or untrue Dante killed his captors before escaping into the night. Captain Stone was less than keen letting the "source" of his embarrassment escape.

Soldier

Emotional Status:
He has the soldier mentality and comes off as eternally in a good satisfied mood. Inwardly he is paranoid about being hunted by Captain Stone.

Love Interest:
He never fell in love always feeling like he never had enough wealth

Applicant Signature:
You see illegable scribble

Approval Signature:
9bd3c68aba0db33d12f018e62738b475.png

Last edited:

Application for entry into the esteemed Lotus Light Company of Mercenaries, led by Captain Janet Ravenna and Lieutenant Ramirov. Please fill out every field unless I mark it as non essential. Your Application will be printed and reviewed by me and my partner. If I or my partner Ramirov deem you worthy you will receive a signed copy with instructions on where to meet us next.

Appearance: Are you ugly or pretty? It makes little difference in my eyes. Make sure to include a portrait of yourself.
1550495286537.png
NOTE: Hair's a bit longer now. The portraits a bit old. Haven't gotten any less easy on the eyes though.

I need to know who you are, not just an Alias.
Kyros Ularekath

Alias(s): Here is where you can put those fancy nicknames of yours.
None. You know what they say. If you're a famous thief, you're not doing it right.

Age: I just need to know that you aren't a child trying to join my employ.

Gender: Do you really need me to explain what you need to put here?
I am a man.

Orientation: It doesn't matter who you share your bed with, but you can share it here if you like.
Straight as a stiff...just straight.

Why Do You Want to be a Mercenary?: I need to really know why you want to be a mercenary. It will determine your cut and if I'll accept you.

In the dawn of time and the beginning of man, there has always been two kinds of people. The wolves and the sheep. There are the people that lay still without any effort, expecting opportunities to come to them. People that think that the world owes them money, rights and justice simply because they are alive. They think that fairness exists in the world and that everybody who goes against this fairness should be punished in the name of Justice. And then there are the wolves. Those who know that they are born into this world alone and that they are going to die alone. Those that understand how nobody will give them anything for free. Those that grasp how if they want anything in life, they are going to have to take it.
Captain Janet. I do not intend on being one of the sheep. I will join your mercenary company because I have grown tired of how things are. As the world progresses, the strong taking what they want from the weak is seen as evil by society, whereas it is simply the way of the world. And I will prove that by joining the Lotus Light Company of Mercenaries and making a name for myself. Becoming one of the best there is at what I do. I will prove that might makes right and that nobody has the right to say otherwise. I will achieve my dreams!
Jokes aside, why the fuck do you think anybody ever becomes a mercenary?

MONEY

Your Gift: Are you able to drop a mans trousers with a wink? Summon birds with your singing? Dance like a professional?
Well, not a man's necessarily.
I've also got a knack for certain things including gambling.

Class: Do you use axes or sword? Spell or tongue?
Rogue. If I ever come across a situation my silver tongue cannot get me out of, I prefer to finish the fight quickly with a stab or two.

Preferred Weapon/Fighting: How do you fight? Like a Girl or a Girly girl?
I'll have you know that I fight like a manly girl!
I run around dodging, throwing crap at my enemy until I see an opening to end the fight. That is if I cannot end the fight before it begins.

Preferred Magic Sorcerers only: If you throw spells, what kind do you use?
I am not some 100 year old wizard whose balls brush his knees and I do not intend on being one.
Although, being a moon elf gives me a few neat tricks. Seeing in the dark. Small illusions. Crap like that.
Well, only partially.

Good or Evil?: Goddammit, Ramirov! Did you put this here!?
Neutral I guess? I mostly just care about myself.

Strengths: What are you good at?
I'm quite quick on my feet. Good at running, climbing obstacles, things like that.
Can pick locks. A few sleigh of hand tricks to grab the knives I hide in places...Or cards...Not that I cheat when playing. I just like doing magic tricks. I'm great with my hands too...heh
Talking, lying, all that crap. Not that I would be disloyal to my captain. Just something to consider when we need somebody else fooled.
I won't be slamming people with a war-hammer. I am also not a master swordsman who can take a piss with one hand and disarm his opponent with the other. But I am able to defend myself with any weapon I can get my hands on. Including bows.

Weaknesses: What do you suck at?
Although I am no lightweight when it comes to alcohol, I can't quite take too many hits in a fight. There is a reason why I try to dodge everything.
I can't quite carry too many things. I'm not some pack animal.
Big heavy weapons are not my style. They're hard to carry and not to mention clumsy as hell. A one handed swords pretty much the heaviest thing I'll be comfortable using.
I am also not addicted to alcohol and am not half drunk while completing this application. The only time I have a drinking problem is when I spill it!

Personality: You're not gonna start bawling on the battlefield are you?
I'm quick in more ways than one. Well not in that way. I meant in terms of thinking. Get your mind out of the gutter. Anyway, I won't be bawling on the battlefield as I am able to adapt to whatever situation I am in and keep my cool when things get stressful. Panicking doesn't help anybody after all. Doesn't make you look good to the ladies either. I wouldn't call myself arrogant but I am quite confident in my abilities. I'll do things the way I think they should be done which is most of the time, the right way. I won't go along with a plan I find stupid. But I am not so stubborn to the point where I won't listen to somebody who clearly knows more about something than I do. I'm not stupid.
I wouldn't say I am the most faithful person around. I will fight for a cause but I won't die for one because I seem to particularly enjoy living. You might be the fan of the whole "Captain drowning with his ship" kinda thing but don't expect me to stay rowing in a boat that I know is sinking. I hate being locked in a position I cannot more out of so if you want me around, you better make it worth my while. I'll stick around if our adventures are fun and profitable and with enough gold, I'll pretty much do anything you want me to do. I am a bit of a mercenary already, stealing things for people and...having a hand in people falling and breaking their necks by accident so that their distant cousin inherits what their grandfather's got. So I will have absolutely no objections if we have to do terrible things to get by. I do have values though...they stack up nicely...just kidding I'm broke.

Likes: Do you have little hobbies? Mine involves lingerie...
How strange. Mine involve those too...
Aside from that its the usual. Drinking, gambling, playing drinking games, making jokes, spending gold, the thrill of almost getting caught while sneaking. Gold. Women. Golden women. You get the idea.

Dislikes: What's your bane?
Umm...not doing any of the things I like. Not having my drink especially gets me cranky. I hate being manipulated. I'm not a fan of not having the freedom to do as I please. And aside from a certain way... I dislike being tied down.

History: Any fancy things to share?
My mom was some moon elf in some tribe. My dad was some bloke. Never told how they met but I know that them meeting up wasn't really something that either party allowed. Some sort of forbidden love type deal. Not a good ending though. When I was born, my mom got executed by her tribe and my dad came back to get me before they sacrificed me or something. He brought me back to where he came from. I was raised by him for a bit of time, living life with no more comfort than a regular citizen. He was no peasant but business had been slow so we did not have access to luxuries. I learned everything I know the hard way, from experience, with a few of those experiences not being ones I enjoy recalling. I learned to steal things. Got caught initially but soon became good at it. Good thing I learned it when I did because, after some time, I got separated from my old man. He got jailed for some crime. Guess operating on the fringes of the law and occasionally breaking it runs in the blood. I am pretty sure he is out of jail by now but I really don't care at this point.
I knew I was on my own even before my parents were gone so I got used to stealing. As I got older and learned how to read, I began to understand that the contents of a letter were far more valuable than the contents of a purse if you talked to the right people. I worked as a spy for a bit, helping nobleman A stop nobleman B's plans. Not being a massive brute was the reason I didn't become some mongrel with a club standing at a door guarding for shit pay. I used being leaner to my advantage and did whatever I had to in order to survive. Eventually, when I was bored with just surviving, I went on to do some...other things to help pass my time. Now I am bringing along my skill set to join your company as my pockets are empty due to me getting caught cheating. Not to mention how my reputation here is... let's just say it could be better.

Biography: Any more fancy things to share?
I don't really know what else you want.

Family: Do you come from a family of riches or something like a... worker group?
No family of riches here. No family at all I think. Dad's probably alive somewhere.

Friends: Any pals that you can think of?
Nope. I mean it won't be difficult for me to befriend someone but at the moment there isn't many aside from a few drinking buddies and some one night stands. Work wise, other than a few contractors, I mostly operate alone. Until now that is.

Enemies: Anyone that I may need to worry about?
A lot of angry women... I guess finding out that your "man" is cheating on your with 10 other women simultaneously doesn't settle that well with some people.

Of course not. Wouldn't join this company if I was a noble now would I?

Emotional Status: Do you have the demeanor of a Mercenary?
I wouldn't exactly call myself a happy bundle of joy but I believe that if my life ain't fun, I might as well be rotting in the ground. Or in Davy Jones' locker in pirate talk.

Love Interest: Is there anyone special to you?
No. Not yet anyways.

Applicant Signature:
27364b4046ce499ad52b4c875a1068fd.png
Approval Signature:
d90fec14fe9501e33048a951e6f776d4.png

Last edited:

APPLICATION TO JOIN LIGHT LOTUS COMPANY

1d5c4383810fe600756e331b81008cb7.jpg

Full Name: Ocarina Flareweck

Alias(s): -

Orientation: bisexual

I want to go to Vian,
I want to see how the world is supposed to look like. I also need the money! It's very hard to search for a honest work nowadays.

Your Gift: Umm.. gift? I don't know if this count, but people said that I'm good with my flute. I can do a little alchemy too.

Class: Mage

Preferred Weapon/Fighting: I'm not really adept at fighting so I will give support from the rear, but I always have a dagger with me in case I need to defend myself.

Preferred Magic Sorcerers only: I don't really dabble much into the art so my arsenal is rather limited. I use it in the form of darkness tendrils that I use to restrain people.

Good or Evil?: I am good, probably, but my mother said people always try to justify their action as 'good'. So...

Strengths: I'm good at observation, whether it's people or nature. I also can read very fast. And, umm... I feel awkward praising myself like this.

Weaknesses: I'm inexperienced at fight, not very muscular and people said my cooking always turn out too salty. It's Funny how I can fluently spell my weakness, and now that I think about it, it's funny that I wrote my comments in a job application form. P-please bear with me.

Personality: No, I won't bawl at the battle field. I understand what I signing up to. Anyway, I think I am quite sociable. I also prefer working in a team rather than working alone. You can say that I easily get lonely.

Dislikes: I don't like... corpse. But silly me, of course no one like corpse.

History: I'm the daughter of Merlin Flareweck. He's one of the magi in charge of reviving the dead zone. Yeah, it's still ongoing, though as far as I know the funding is really lacking since most of the nobles don't even care anymore. He's usually busy so I spent most of my time with my mother.

My mother is a member of The Crow, an organization dedicated to preventing the grey from going further into the land. I joined the organization to follow my mother's footstep. Though my lines of work keep branching out from her. She is a renowned doctor and alchemist while I'm here assigned to burn bodies, dead or alives.

I'm not stranger with death, or disgusting wound, or piled up corpse, or dying human. Still, those eyes staring at me from the bottom of the cremation pit, sometimes I can't forget.

Biography: I don't think I have fancy backstory.

Family: Just a regular family, really.

Friends: I can think some of them. Karou the blacksmith, Yugo from the house of Laerin, Zikke the self-proclaimed thief master, ehehe. Oh, I have pen pal named Morgianna. It has been years since I received any letter from her, she's supposed to live in Vian now so I might be able to meet her later.

Enemies: N-no, I don't think so. I never actively trying to make enemy.

Emotional Status: I don't think I look like a mercenary. But I will try my best to adapt.

Love Interest: Um, no. Not anymore.

Applicant Signature:

OCARINA FLAREWECK

Approval Signature:

Last edited:

Application for the Light Lotus Company

As the worn parchment paper begins to unfurl, the potent scent of an assortment of spices and herbs attacks the nose of the reader.

From the overload of scents it’s likely one can recognize some relatively common things.

Mint, cinnamon, basil, nutmeg... tobacco?

No, wait.

Tobacco has this tendency to leave a... bitter aftertaste in your mouth.

Instead of that, this one is almost salty.

That’s... definitely something narcotic, isn’t it?

(On more serious notes, this application scrolls!)

❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧
85CE270C-3D84-4AEA-9312-A91A71F573F9.jpeg
❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧

Full Name:
Estelle Romanov-Emporia-Marguerite-Wineria Luvharte of the Winonian House

Alias(s):
I'm just as aware as anyone else on how much of a mouthful my official title is, dear.
'Tis why I go by Estie or, if you hang in the right sort of crowds, Granny Est.

A ripe age of fifty-two, flexible beyond belief-- single and ready to mingle, honey!

If I didn't know better, I'd assume you want to seduce me, dear.
However, no surprises down below my waistline-- I am very much a woman in those standards.

Orientation:
Ooh-hoo boy!
The stories I could tell you of my younger days...
I have no preference for whom I bed with, so long as the company's good!

❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧

Appearance:
I'm under the impression that confidence is beautiful!
So what if there's a wart or two on my nose, or if my wrinkles are starting to form their own wrinkles?
I still have thick, voluptuous hair; cheeks rosier than an apple; and one hell of a backside!
Not to mention the artist did a fantastic job at grabbing my good side...
What was his name again? I think it was
Kim Sokol...

Ah, it isn't obvious?
Well, the usual sort of folk who go mercenary-ing around these parts of the kingdom are usually looking for something that'll help them in the near future. You know-- fame, fortune, glory...that sort of stuff. Of course, I'm basically no better than the rest of the lot-- only my goals are a little more long-term, if you can catch my drift.
See, what with all this talk of a "new world" across the waters, there's bound to be fresh greens that I can discover, catalog, and experiment with! Rumor has it that you can probably find something even stronger than Arda's Love in this new world-- and as a business woman, I just cannot allow for some other bloke to stumble across this treasure of a new nation's greenery and... waste it away!
Balthora's bad enough, and business is starting to stagnate more and more with every quarantine. My current market's flooding with riff-raff, the prices for my wares are at an all-time low, and some of my quality suppliers are fidgeting to up-and-leave this wasteland of a kingdom! So, when rumors start drifting around that the infamous Light Lotus Company is looking to make a new start across seas... like I said, I'm a business woman dearie.
Though, to be completely honest, this job means more than just a business opportunity to me. You see, I like my herbs. I like them, I work with them-- I know most of them like the scar on the backside of my right calf, given by myself when I was sixteen and inexperienced in the art of shaving. So, all fun aside, there's a world of plants out there that could have all sorts of lovely uses-- for example, curing dementia or other diseases of the mind.
If I was you, dearie, I wouldn't be very surprised. Between you and me, I'd assume that anybody who would willingly write up an application for this line of work (sober, of course) wouldn't be exactly in the 'right mindset'. Then again, who am I to judge?
After all, I am only fifty-two...I still have my whole life ahead of me!

Your Gift:
I work with plants.
Now, that might seem a bit... plain.
But, have you ever needed an impromptu diagnosis of the handful of berries that just gave your partner the worst case of fertilizing the soil as of yet? Or maybe you need to present your ex-boss with a gift of flowers that, after prolonged contact with the airborne pollens, cause irritation to the respiratory system-- eventually causing severe injury and/or death if not separated from aforementioned boss?
The answer, as always, is no-- you haven't needed these things.
Ah, but with me in your party...these become options.

Class:
I am what you would call a Magi, with some hobbies on the side.

Don't worry, dear. This little old lady knows how to defend herself.
If the need arises, I have a small pouch of throwing knives that I keep on me.
Along with that, I carry a pretty hefty knife in a small sheath on my belt.
And yes, I can promise that I won't cut myself with my own blades.

Preferred Magic:
I specialize in blood magic, dearie.
That means I can heal your basic cuts, scrapes, bruises, and burns-- but anything more serious than a pulled muscle will have to get you looked at by someone else. However, matters dealing with the blood-- those are things I can help with.
If need be, I can manipulate the blood in a creature's system to hurry the process of healing-- or I can direct it away from the brain in a small rush, effectively knocking the creature out. In a pinch, I can crystallize varying amounts into solid objects-- though that takes a lot out of an old woman like me, even moreso if it isn't my own blood.
Really though, the beauty is my antidotal process. You see, I can effectively "scan" and "suck" potentially hazardous materials out of a creatures blood. If there's an open wound, I can manipulate the poison in a small stream with a small portion of blood, and lead it into another container (like, say, a glass bottle) for observing.
Usually I would charge my clients for my services, but seeing as this is an employment application...well, I wouldn't mind helping out a fellow employee.

Good or Evil?:
I'm not quite sure who this Ramirov fellow is, but I like him!
I suppose the term evil would fit me right now. Selfish motives, a skillset that most would consider less-than-moral, and a cunning mind fit for a business woman such as myself-- not to mention I have been called a witch on more than one occasion...

Strengths:
Well, obviously I'm good at my job.
I also seem to have a strong stomach, and my cooking usually gets a decent amount of compliments.
Likewise, my flexibility gives me some leeway when traveling-- as I usually find it just as easy to climb and swim now as I did twenty years ago!
And thank whatever's up top that I can out-drink nearly everybody I know!
(A strong resistance helps in my line of work, you know.)

Weaknesses:
I've been told that I am a bit brash with my choice of mannerisms, and when it comes to those dear to me I tend to be a bit sentimental. That is to say, undying loyalty and all that, I would much rather prefer myself to be placed in harm's way before anybody else I care about is.
Along with this, my strength isn't necessarily something to be proud of. I really do hit like an old lady...
Then again, at least my reputation shouldn't cause you much grief in this new world!

Personality:
No, no, I won't break down sobbing dear.
I'd say I'm rather tough, in those regards.
Now, you want me to describe myself?
Well, I'm somewhat stubborn, impatient, loud, and a little selfish.
I'm also dedicated, adventurous, cunning, and useful!
I could go on and on for ages about all of my virtues, but why don't you figure it out yourself?
Who knows, maybe I'm none of theses things at all?
Maybe trying to get a read for a person from a piece of paper isn't the smartest thing?
Who knows?

I guess you can say that I like myself a little baking.
Along with that, it's easy to consider me as a romantic-- even moreso when the gestures of love are poetic in their own right!

Dislikes:
If you slip me something spicy, be prepared for tears, screams from the depths of hell, and more tears!

History:
The Winonian Household was located in one of the few remaining districts left standing in Balthora. Bordering the quarantine walls erected a couple of decades ago, five families lived together in poverty. As a tradition, each child born in the household would adopt the surnames of each family, so as the entirety of the household would live on in name if a quarantine were to occur in their district.
So, fifty two years ago, I began my life in the Winonian House. My mother and father, both of which worked in the factories, somehow managed to raise me decently enough with the help of the rest of the household. Surprisingly enough, our Aunt Lilian was somewhat of an author, and was the impromptu homeschool teacher for myself and the five other siblings I lived with.
I'll be frank with you, life as an adolescent living in poverty was not focused on education and growth. Poor Aunt Lilian only managed to teach us literacy, whilst Aunt Periwinkle and her husband instilled only the finest of manners and etiquette lessons into each and every one of us kids. Our lifetime goal was to either catch the eye of some noble, or be good enough at a craft to be offered an apprenticeship from some of the big-shots closer to the center of town.
My mother noticed how good I was with the community garden, and as such she and my father spent every spare dime into finding even the smallest scraps of information that could assist in my growth. Botany, herbology, rudimentary medicine...it only worsened when an accident in my youth resulted my house-brother Rudolph obtaining a suddenly pale complexion. One trip to the nearest Magi we know, and it turned out I had latent potential.
I'll skip the boring parts, as I'm sure you're just dying to know how I managed to go from a young poverty-ridden maiden to... well, you know. Near my early-twenties, I had established a small clinic closer to the center of the kingdom in which I assisted those who found it difficult to rid themselves of certain substances. It wasn't anything special, but it was enough for me to get by comfortably enough in comparison to my youth.
By now, I was an aunt to four children-- all of which were still stuck in that godforsaken house. I tried to help where I could, but obviously it wasn't enough-- and my siblings refused to let me sacrifice the business I had worked so hard for. Instead, the kids got to visit me-- one kid per weekend, on a rotating basis, with the exception of family holidays.
I remember wrapping their presents for the winter holidays...it was one of my off days, and one of the few times a year where I has the clinic completely to myself. Then the papers came, news of yet another quarantine effecting 'some slummed up district at the edge of the kingdom'. The papers said it was probably more of a blessing than a curse for those who lived there, nevermind the fact that it was my childhood home. Within the hour, my family was gone-- another loss to the corruption of our land, government, and people.
Grief-ridden, it took me more than a handful of years to finally move on with my life. I began to dabble in the very things my patients came to my clinic for, one thing lead to another, and suddenly I find myself successful in both the underground and overground markets. Sure, there's the occasional rivalry-- another bloke tries to introduce something new to the market, usually poisons the lot of idiots dumb enough to buy the stuff. In the end, these idiots come to my clinic, I patch them up, and then I find myself with an even more loyal customer base.

Biography:
I could tell you a multitude of stories, dear! But, I really would prefer to learn more about you first. Heavens knows I've probably overshared enough information as it is...

Family:
Like I wrote above, the Winonian House is a legacy that lives in through myself and select others-- distant cousins that I have no contact with whatsoever, honestly.

Friends:
Of course! The very woman who assisted me during my darkest years, when I was grief-stricken and could barely lift a finger for myself-- let alone help out at a clinic! Catherine Espanza (Cricket for those who know her well enough) is a rough-and-tumble sort of woman whose reputation for sorting out even the worse of the riff-raff the various pubs and such around town has lead to her moving on to bigger, better clientele. Actually, now that I think about it, I think she's working as some sort of bodyguard for a merchant now... we still keep in touch by pen and paper, but as I'm sure you well know one in Cricket's line of work doesn't necessarily provide the largest margin for free-time.

Enemies:
Apart from the growing masses of business rivals I've sucessfully thwarted, or any person whose curiosity leads them to sticking their nose in my business? None in particular seem to come to mind, I'm afraid.

You could say I'm of...working class status? Officially, I'm well-off enough to afford for my own living expenses and some luxuries. Unofficially, those luxuries may or may not be completely legal.

Emotional Status:
Are you really asking if I can handle this job? I'm not twelve years old anymore dear, I can figure out what type of work I'll be asked of. Yes, I'm fine with the whole basket of naughty deeds-- but let me tell you right now, I will not murder a child in cold blood. If they're old enough to know the consequences of their own decisions, then they most likely deserve whatever comes to them.

Love Interest:
Are you sure this isn't a proposition, sweetheart?
No, I'm very much partnerless.

Applicant Signature

60430d7cca26d90e9a0b7c6c1f60479f.png

Approval Signature

Last edited:
Appearance: IMG-20181013-WA0000.jpg
Height: 2 meters
Very muscular and some bigger scars on my body. Normal attire would be my black coat, that I usually wear open, black boots and black trousers. (I've learned that dressing in black and being big intimidates most fellas)

Full Name: Aron Ironfist

Alias(s): Tiny

Orientation: Asexuel

Why Do You Want to be a Mercenary?: I am a good fighter and need a job and I want to get away from my past... And maybe the guards hate me, because they think I've punched their captain through a wall.

Your Gift: I can punch things and I know a lot about ancient Balthorian ruins.

Class: Warrior

Preferred Weapon/Fighting: I fight with gloves that are reinforced wit metal and you will see me directly in front of my enemy.

Preferred Magic Sorcerers only:

Good or Evil?: no preference, I do what I needs to be done

Strengths:
1. Strong, duh
2. Great endurance
3. Wisdom about ancient ruins
4. Strong will

Weaknesses: I am not really emphatic and I'm a little too emotional, hence getting quickly angry.

Personality: You will never see me bawling, I will not boast with my past but I am very cheerful, and I would never say no to a good drink with friends and a good barfight. If someone ticks me off, then nothing will stop me and be "nice" to them, very "nice" indeed. Oh and I hate it when someone makes fun of my Hight.

Likes: I love to read about the past, drinking a fine tea, or wine I also love cats.

Dislikes: jokes about my hight, mistreatment of history and people who are bragging.

History: My family was never one of the nice ones, they were always in the drug business, either the producer, dealer or consumer, sometimes all three... One of my ancestors made once a great deal with an noble, taking most of his money. With that money he build his cover business, a trading company. This company covered their drug deals and only little questions were asked.

Biography: I had a lot of free time, but was never really allowed to leave the house, my father was afraid that I could get used against him, him and his drug business. I never knew about it and I never cared because I was just too young. I started to read all of the books in our library but the ones about ancient Balthora, I learned everything about it that I could find and on my 11th birthday, my father decided that I need to learn how to defend myself, so he hired an instructor.

TThe training was hard and I learned soon that I am not one who could wield a sword, I knew the basics but it never felt right, so Kaleb, my instructor, teached me how to use my fists as a deadly weapon... That training was cruel and hard, but I learned everything I needed to know.

I studied everything I wanted, trained my body and had no worries in the world, but soon after my 18th birthday, I found out with what my family earned their money. My father told me that it was time to see the family business, I was shocked to say the least, in that warehouse was every drug you could think of, even Ardanor.

This was the first fight I ever had with my father, I got so angry, I knew what those things do to people but he just told me "We need to do everything to survive and those junkies will buy everything I sell them." I hit him, broke his nose and jaw.

I've ran away, back home, packed a few things and left for good.

Since then, I have been working as Bodyguard for some rich guy so I can evade the illness, in that time I have done some shady things and I can understand my father more, but not enough to go back to him.

Family: My family is relatively rich but they exiled me for reasons, I don't like to talk about them.

Friends: My cat, Raven, a little and cute monster (he likes to scratch people)

Enemies: The guards... They may think that I punched their captain.

Emotional Status: I am a very happy person, who would also be happy to punch someone through the roof if I get insulted

Love Interest: Not really interested in a physical relationship.

Applicant Signature: Aron Ironfist

Approval Signature:

Last edited by a moderator:
[class=openwindow] height:70vh; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/28/fc/c0/28fcc0570246356a1c112429b03c9677.jpg'); background-size:fit; background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:1em; margin:auto;center; [/class] [class=openbutton] margin:auto;center; border:2px solid white; width:150px; padding:.2em; font-family:Timelord; font-size:4em; color:white; text-align:center; text-shadow: 1px 2px 0px #7b78a5; animation:{post_id}loop 2s linear infinite; cursor:pointer; [/class] [animation=loop] [keyframe=0]opacity:0.25[/keyframe] [keyframe=25]opacity:0.5[/keyframe] [keyframe=50]opacity:0.75[/keyframe] [keyframe=75]opacity:0.5[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]opacity:0.25[/keyframe] [/animation] [class=mainpage] height:70vh; padding:1em; overflow:hidden; overflow-y:scroll; background:url('http://thesceniclife.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/ocean-view-from-cruising.jpg'); background-size:fit; background-position:center; background-lock:fixed; background-repeat:no-repeat; margin:auto;center; font-family:Timelord; font-size:0.9em; color:black; text-align:center; [/class] [class=closebutton] font-size:2em; width:10px; cursor:pointer; position:absolute; [/class] [script class=none] hide mainpage hide closebutton [/script] [script class=openbutton on=click] slideUp 500 openwindow show mainpage show closebutton hide openbutton [/script] [script class=closebutton on=click] slideDown 500 openwindow hide closebutton hide mainpage fadeIn 500 openbutton [/script] [class=textbox] margin:auto;center; background:white; opacity:0.9; width:80%; [/class]

[div class=openwindow]

[div class=openbutton]Bura
[/div][div class=mainpage][div class=closebutton][/div]

[div class=textbox]
407508fce166aa1f945de8102f645bcc.jpg

Full Name:
I go by Bura Sharamph.

Alias(s):
None that I want to be called.

I believe I am about 25 about now... Wait, no, I was 25 last year.

I might pass for a dude but I am female, all jokes aside.

Orientation:
Uhm... A bit personal but I guess I don't really care. Just don't be a stick in the mud or an airhead.

I want to have control over the experiences I have in my life. The flexibility of this business is very alluring. Plus new people mean new experiences and crafts. If I spend another year in this rotting city I might just start rotting myself. Not to be dramatic. I am just tired of this place and the... memories it has for me. Anyways, I know how to deal with intense situations and make sure at the very least the majority makes it through with their limbs. I can prioritize and look through the emotions of the moment to reach a goal. Just as long as you don't particularly care how that goal is achieved we should be good.

I have also heard some amazing things about Vian. I haven't traveled all that much in my life and so I look forward to what that place has to give. I have a pretty big itch for something more than these grey buildings and skies. This place is making me really stir crazy. Too many bad memories and desperate people.

Your Gift:
I can go into a state where I am enraged. All pain melts away and I just become a.. beast. The strength I have now is doubled and nothing else matters than the matter at hand. I don't have particular control over it but it generally happens after I have already dealt with a lot of pain. It is pretty useful in the moment but afterwards I become pretty weak, tired and quiet. I've slept for a solid day after going enraged before.

Class:
I am best at brute force fighting. If you want a good laugh I could try and be agile, hop across a rooftop and fart a few rainbows. Though I don't recommend it.

I enjoy fighting with axes, or two handed weapons. Dealing bursts of damage and dealing with any dealt. Like a big flesh wall. If I get stuck in a fist fight I can hold my own as well. Used to get in some wrestling matches with "fellow" slaves, good times.

Good or Evil?:
Depends who you are and who you ask. Not that many people actually know me. I spent over a decade as a slave. If it is within my control I will not let others experience what I have. My methods and intentions are known to change though.

Strengths:
I mean I'm huge if you haven't already noticed.. I am pretty optimistic as well. And I am good at surviving on my own, I can teach others some tricks I've picked up if that is helpful.

Weaknesses:
I get tired of the same thing again and again and again. So you could say I get bored easily. I might have a history of making some people angry or cry because I said the wrong thing, emotions are not my cup of tea. Uhm... I can't handle children at all. I don't want to get into why.

Personality:
My personality? Well, I am not exactly a people pleaser. Not that I am not optimistic, I do like to make bring to light achievements which can get watered down with emotions. I just don't like entertaining unrealistic ideas, real life experiences are far more valuable. I don't like being tied down by people or commitments. I want room to breath and opportunities to explore. I can be pretty shut off emotionally, or so I hear, so I can deal with heavy stuff pretty well. Not that I won't go do something stupid to get it out of my system later. I accept any responsibility for my actions and how others may react to what I do. Uhh... Yeah that is about it.

I really like sweets, candy, pastries, cake, drinks, anything that satisfies my sweet tooth. Food in general is good. Spicy, savory, squishy, haven't had anything I can't stomach. I have also found myself enjoying anything hands on. If it is a strange hobby I am likely to want to figure it out or already know about it.

Dislikes:
I do not particularly enjoy buddy-buddy physical affection. Children tend to be prone to that so I really don't like children. Just don't ask me to babysit or I will quit.

History:
Well, I was born in pretty big tribe. From what I remember we traveled across various deserts and drylands. Never knew my father, my mother was pretty tough, she gave me my tribal tattoos when I was old enough. When I was about 11 years old I went out to gather water in the morning but I was captured by poachers. Human poachers...

Anyways, I was enslaved and due to my small size I was used in the mines. They did fighting tournaments sometimes with the slaves going against each other. I didn't always win. I learned a lot from other slaves and some decent miners that worked with us. There was this old man who taught me how to read and write. He was very nice. He always had some sort of sweet. Though he eventually did get caught. Never did see old Lenny again. Hope he is resting easy. Uhm... Hell this is tougher to recall than I thought it would be.

I didn't want to talk about this part but it is what happened. I uh, when I became old enough to bear children and survive. My owner made me have.. three children, one of them didn't make it. Uhm. So they were taken from me when they didn't need my breastmilk anymore. Don't know where they went. Uh. Yeah. I worked in a sweatshop while pregnant and for a good time after. Once I was fully grown I was transferred to work with transporting rations. Lots of manual work. Then, uh. My owner.Tried to. Make me have another child so that he could make some cheap money. I used my chains to strangle him. No one knows. He was just a low level pile of rot no one would miss.

I've been free for half a year now. Been working odd jobs and such. Then I heard of your little company wanting to travel to Vian. I figured this could be my ticket out.

Biography:
It is tough enough sharing all the stuff that I have. You better be good at keeping secrets, I enjoy my privacy as much as anyone else. If not more.

Family:
None which I know the location of. Don't actually know if any of them are alive still.

Friends:
I have a few friendly faces I know of but none that I'm particularly attached to.

Enemies:
None that are alive and I know of. Though there is a possibility of slave traders recognizing my markings. But that has only happened a few times in this city.

Never heard of a noble being a former slave. No, I don't have any fancy status.

Emotional Status:
I am stable if that is what you are checking. If anything I am a lot happier than I have been in a very long time.

Love Interest:
Up in the air, I can catch it if no one else will. Self love never hurts, right?

Applicant Signature:

Approval Signature:

[/div]
code by Ri.a
[/div][/div]

Last edited:
[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d9/c9/bf/d9c9bfeecc7cd23adce729f2fa10d11c.jpg); Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#fbe7d1; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#142740; padding:5px; color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 35% - 33px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:20px SOLID #fbe7d1; border-bottom:10px SOLID #fbe7d1; width:35%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #142740; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"]
a479c70368d9daf28e7f737274cfa4fd.jpg
[/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Ulysses Cain[/div]

Alias(s): The Black Baron
Gender: Male, although I've been told the cloak makes it hard to discern.
Orientation: I've laid with many a partner at my leisure in the past, a leisure I'm afraid I've been too preoccupied to indulge in.
Appearance: I cover my face for a reason, but once upon a time I like to think I was a man of great beauty. In times like these however... After what I've become? I can hardly stand to look at myself, much less commission a portrait. I'm afraid I even scared the artist a tad, for his strokes were rushed and pained. Although this picture fails to show it, despite my dark garb my size proves to make me stand out in a crowd.
Why Do You Want to be a Mercenary?: It is both a chance to explore these new lands in search of what I had to leave long ago, and a way to save funds. I intend to hold away any earnings made through such a profitable business for future endeavors. I do not ask for much, our travels alone will offer me more payment than you know. But as a former nobleman, I know this world revolves singularly around resources and compensation. Should you see it fit to include me amongst your crew, I need only a little so that I may build upon said funds, along with occasional small purchases.
Your Gift: I can spin a tale unlike that of any other. In my old days of war, it was something which was adopted to give the unit a shred of humor and imagination back from the horror we encountered on a daily basis. It's not much, but I hope it could prove useful a similar manner.
[div class="Line"][/div] Class: I masquerade under the guise of a stealthy rogue, a position I know well in battle... But after recent events I've found that when now put in the thick of a brawl my very sense of direction is lost and a bloodbath is all that's found when my consciousness returns. When these occurrences take place, I become far more berserk in nature.
Preferred Weapon/Fighting: I fight as though I have been scorned; tactically at first. I prefer to locate the weakest points of an enemy while evading direct attacks initially, but once such has been found I'm known to attack savagely with disregard to my own safety or that of others. My assault tends not to end until nothing but a mutilated carcass is left, though one day I fear that such a corpse will be mine when outclassed. However, when I'm in the thick of a skirmish I tend to utilize an assortment of hand cannons or blades hidden within the layers of my cloak.
Preferred Magic: Though I prefer combat done with blades or firearms rather than words and spells, I know a few simple incantations which I've used to enchant the various weapons I wield. Though these are almost simplistic in nature, a flaming sword is always better than sharpened steel.
Good or Evil?: I am evil to those who cross me, good to those who aid.
Strengths: Decimation. If you need something killed or destroyed, you may find me to be your best answer. Whether it be sadistic in methodical in nature, or brutal and forced, I can raise hell in any form. Due to the nature of my condition, I must alert you to both the curse and usefulness of my undepletable endurance. While I can tire, it comes slower than that of the average individual. Not only that, but I lack the need for both food or water in the grand scheme of things. Another advantage of my horrible state of existence comes in the form of my resistance to both pain and damage. While a gunshot might pierce my flesh and blade may cut me, the wound itself is very unlikely to prove lethal. My strength is likewise tied to my strange physiology, and tends to be above average on even the most typical of days. However whenever I become enraged and enter a feral state of sorts, my bodily limiters cease to hold effect over my form. At the risk of tearing my very muscles asunder, and gaining my bones to dust, I become capable of despicable acts in the name of brute power. The same can be said for me speed, as my entire body tends to react and preform at levels beyond that of the average individual given similar circumstances. Yet when I'm driven into a beskerker state, I've been told I move faster than my victims can scream. I do my best not remember what truly occurs during these moments. Though I lack the precision I'd have as a normal mortal, I was in turn granted the ability to sense what others could not. I can feel magic, in a way the typical person can smell or feel. It's simply another sense I can utilize, and with time and concentration I can track such power and sense it's purpose. Though such can be confusing in a world of such mysticism, the ability has its uses. Lastly, should I be wounded in a simple or less damaging form, with the proper removal of shrapnel or magical effects, my body can heal at a rate slightly above that of the average individual. I believe this also lends a hand to both my stamina in durability in the grand scheme of things.
Weaknesses: But what do I suck at? Every last one of my abilities comes with it's own drawback, which each tend to be costly in their own manner. This often leaves me with undesirable consequences or rather a risk with every step forward I take, due to the instability of my existence. To put it simply, it's not that I don't need to sleep... It's that I can't. Never again will I feel the sweet embrace of darkness, until I'm slain true or my home is laid to waste once more. Do you know what it's like to never rest? Not only that, but...I can't feel it. I don't know how bad I'm being hurt until a certain part of my body won't move properly because it isn't there. And even then? When I'm like that... I won't stop anyways. I'll never stop until it's over. Until that hellish rush ends either because I've finally died, or because someone is finally dead. I said it before, but it's worth writing again. My strength comes at a cost. At some point, muscles just rip under too much strain. Eventually you're bones shatter because of too much pressure. And then what? The funny thing is, sometimes when you're moving faster than the eye can see... You can't see. Or at least not as well as you'd think. From the brief memories I have from being in those rages, my vision is almost always locked onto a target and nothing else. Tunnel vision. So what happens if you leap, or charge at someone and.... You miss? What's more I can hardly feel the sensation touch, I can barely smell, I can't truly taste, but only due to pricey enchantments is it that I can hear and see. I get an advantage over the mystical madness of the magical world, but what about everything else? What's the point of sensing magic if you can't identify anything around you? Lastly, whenever I heal I get flashes. Snippets of the darkness within me. The dark, angry part of my subconscious that knows I shouldn't exist and isn't happy about it in the slightest. It's that part that roars out in the heat of battle, and it's those moments I have to endure while my body repairs itself after such brutality. It's not that violence isn't something I'm used to in my life. I fought in a loosing war for the better half of my life. But what I can do when I get like that? It's not right. It was never right.
Personality: I will not cry when confronted with conflict, that I can assure you of. You'll find that unlike the traditional "Nobles" I'm sure you've interacted with, I hold myself to a certain standard that I hope will garner your respect. While under you employ I will kill for you, and do as you see fit in any circumstance as long as it isn't to a degree of atrocity I cannot tolerate. I have little problem with getting my hands dirty, but you'll find that in certain situations my inner darkness will lash out and cause havoc in especially stressful situations. Worry not, for this is something I've learned to control, but in battle even my firmest of hands cannot tame the beast. However, I alone prefer to stay silent when unnecessary. When required I can act upon my regal heritage to manifest charisma and command to direct or entertain as necessary. Personally, should you choose to accept me, a good book is what you'll find I tend to enjoy when undisturbed or unneeded.
Likes: I enjoy many trades and actives, but my favorites happen to be cooking, playing the piano, or reading a story of some sort. All things considered, I'm sure that like a well prepared meal; You'd taste lovely when given some care. Similarly like the piano; I believe with the right "keys" played, I could make you sing. But lastly Captain, I feel as though that like a book; You've got plenty of pages to turn and learn.
Dislikes: Seperation from the one I love most. It sounds cliche, but I assure you it's anything but.
Family: I come from riches, but I have nothing.
Friends: They've all died horrible deaths. Many I witnessed myself, others I simply heard of in passing.
Enemies: I've killed all those I had quarry with. Should any others arise, I'll slay them and those they know with exuberance.
Emotional Status: I... Internally I can be unhinged and at times that shows. But I am am man of principle and self control, so for the most part I am emotionally sound.
Love Interest: Not in the traditional sense
[div class="Line"][/div] History: I am of Kalin Nobility, a Baron forgotten with the consequences of the war and the atrocities committed against my great country by Balthora. My land was never large, nor was it overly small. But it was beautiful all the same. The Cain family was one of great fame and prosperity, and the villages we looked after took after those same attributes. Though there were scandals, and conflicts throughout the years, we remained loyal to our people and them to us. When the war came, our land was some of the first to be conquered. I fought alongside the farmers and citizens of the various towns, alongside my brothers and sisters. As the war drove itself to a close however, I found that I was the last that remained of our nobility. Not only that, but I returned home to find our land poisoned by lethal plants and curated by the greed of Balthora. There was simply little left, but what I could find I swore to protect, for the sake of my daughter. A little girl I'd been forced to bring up in the wake of brutal war and destruction. I knew not who the mother was, and nor had I sired her. But she was lost, and newborn, that was all it took. I led a small, but insignificant rebellion in her name to salavge what I could. To in turn ensure such a child would have a true home in such a land. Instead lives were lost fruitlessly, and in a last attempt I had the family mage bind my soul to the prosperity of the grounds which my family had once reigned, while he left with the young girl in search of a better tomorrow. I couldn't have gone with them, for I myself was already poisoned with the dreadful plague the Balthorians had brought with them. So I sacrificed myself for a broken world, that they'd now began to quarantine after they'd taken what they could.
[div class="Line"][/div] Biography: I should've died. Instead I awoke years later, when the damned Balthorians had begun to revitalize the land and life it had once given home too. My soul was cursed to the life of the property I'd once owned, and with it's comeback came me. I returned with Sorya growing out of my very pores. Can you imagine that? Half existing plants of poisons arcane power, and it's blooming in your lungs? I think that's part of it. Why I am what I've become. It's here I'm sure that the darkness began. The tormenting rage that builds within me for every waking second that I live. In the first few days of my new life, I spent my moments crawling forth from the earth and watched as my body slowly reenergized with dark life it shouldn't have held. I returned to my family's home estate, to clothe myself only to find that imperial scum had overtaken what was once my property, and had turned it into their own lavish grounds. I murdered them, simply for the home that they'd taken from me. I eviscerated every last soul within the compound with nothing but a kitchen knife, and a fury I hadn't even known I had at the time. Over the years, as I grew to understand what I learned how to hide within plain sight and take what I required. My presence became somewhat of a legend as my temper and sadistic hate showed with every encounter I had amongst Balthora's influence. In truth, it never should have happened. Yet and still, here I am with a new chance. So I plan to find my dear daughter and to return once more to the small expanse of property we once owned. Perhaps to rebuild, or maybe simply to let go. [div class="Line"][/div] Applicant Signature:
1550556171546-png.542624
[div class="space"][/div] [div class="space"][/div] Approval Signature:
[div class="Line"][/div]
Code by @AgWordSmith
[/div][/div]

Attachments

• 1550554985608.png
    1550554985608.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1550554985019.png
    1550554985019.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1550554985476.png
    1550554985476.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 1550556168999.png
    1550556168999.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 1550556171546.png
    1550556171546.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 239
  • 1550556170927.png
    1550556170927.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Appearance: Are you ugly or pretty? It makes little difference in my eyes. Make sure to include a portrait of yourself.

9495C03D-9319-4FFF-A420-D7B4E82B8645.jpeg-1.jpg

Ah yes. What a striking pose, shining armour, flowing cape. I really impress myself sometimes. Yes, that is two capes, and yes it is necessary.

Full Name: I need to know who you are, not just an Alias.
Aria Arkrevia Abrams, That’s Ah-Ree-Ah. Sometimes people call me “area” and I don’t like it.

Alias(s): Here is where you can put those fancy nicknames of yours.
I used to go by “Plan A” during my time in my old group but I don’t hear it at all now.

Age: I just need to know that you aren't a child trying to join my employ.
22, not a child anymore.

Gender: Do you really need me to explain what you need to put here?
Girl, and no you don’t need to explain. Thanks for offering.

Orientation: It doesn't matter who you share your bed with, but you can share it here if you like.
I like boys. I like girls. I like nice people really. Bi the way, why’s this needed?

Why Do You Want to be a Mercenary?: I need to really know why you want to be a mercenary. It will determine your cut and if I'll accept you.
I’m here to help. I always have been. I take pride in what other’s see when they look at me, and unluckily my plans to do the right things have...fallen flat in other places. Talk of this new world and your company’s involvement with it have intrigued me. I want to be remembered as a brave and honourable hero for people to look up to, I want to be their symbol of security and empowerment. I want to make the world a better place, both for the people of Vian and Balthora. I guess it's cliche and all but that is what I want.

More selfishly I’m here for the money, my armour and weapons don’t shine themselves you know, orange juice doesn’t buy and then drink itself either. I need money for these kind of things. This is also probably the first major decision I've made in my life. I've always lived my life on a path that was chosen for me, be that by my parents or my brother or employers. Choosing this for myself. It's kind of...refreshing?

Your Gift: Are you able to drop a mans trousers with a wink? Summon birds with your singing? Dance like a professional?
I’m the best seamstress and armour-shiner-person you’ve ever damn well seen! Hole in your clothes? Don’t worry, I can fix it with five pairs of gloves on and with my eyes closed. I’ll bet a pair of spare gauntlets and my orange juice on it!

Class: Do you use axes or sword? Spell or tongue?
Paladin. A good one at that. I use a sword and a shield, they’re custom made for me because my parents are rich and I want to look as dazzling as possible. According to some people that makes me superficial and materialistic and all that. I disagree though, nothing wrong with wanting to look good. I’m also pretty good with magic. Double also, tongue? What do you mean, who uses their tongue to fight?

Preferred Weapon/Fighting:How do you fight? Like a Girl or a Girly girl?
I fight with speed, power and style. I like to be in my opponents face and behind their slow moving butts at the same time, death by a thousand cuts really. I’m rarely on the defensive and if I am I’m still very much in their face, dodging and blocking waiting for that moment to counterattack. Also I'm not going to attack a notable opponent while he's defenceless, an assassin's way to win is no way to win at all.

Preferred Magic Sorcerers only: If you throw spells, what kind do you use?
I only have two magic spells. Firstly I can create gusts of wind around my body and control where they blow, usually I use this for height when delivering jump strikes or to make my sword move faster when I swing or for dodging and other creative maneuvers. I don’t blow my opponents over because I’d have to be really really close and it’d take a lot of effort and it’s a coward’s way to fight. The other thing I can do is a defence buffing spell that drains my stamina quickly. But that’s whatever, focus on the first part. I can even make my cape flow in the wind whenever I want! I do it all the time.

Good or Evil?: Goddammit, Ramirov! Did you put this here!?
Damnit Ramirov, listen to orders next time! As for the question, I’m good. I want to help people, nothing evil about that. Unless you’re helping them with some alterior motive in mind, but I can assure you that isn’t what I’m doing.

Strengths: What are you good at?
I’m top tier Paladin material with my weapons, seriously. Accuracy is literally my middle name, you won’t find anyone who can move at this speed and fight this well while almost fully armoured and wielding relatively large weapons. Previous employers have also described me as fearless and unflinchingly loyal to my superiors. I’d go on but honestly I'm good at loads of things I’d say, we’d be here forever, I'll just tell you more in person.

Weaknesses: What do you suck at?
Some people think that I’m “crippilingly overspecialised” because I’m not skilled with other weapons. Apparently I’m also bad at lying, working alone and leading others. But let’s just ignore all of that, not really important in my opinion.

Personality: You're not gonna start bawling on the battlefield are you?
Crying isn’t something I’ll do during battle, I’ll make my opponents cry. Maybe if the wind gets in my eyes they'll water a bit. That would be the one exception to me crying on the battlefield.

Anyway, I’d say I’m confident, peppy, talkative and friendly. My dad would always tell me I’m an optimist, I guess that’s true, I always try my best to smile for others when it's hard for them. Like I said before, fiercely loyal and compliant, I’ll admit I work better when I’m told what to do so I'm not always having to think on my feet about things. Tell me who to punch, and I’ll punch him good with unwavering determination. Ask me who I think needs a punch though and well...

People say when I’m left to my own devices I become scatterbrained and overthink consequences. Also, annoyingly, despite the motivated and friendly person I am, people still call me too arrogant. Especially about my appearance. I don’t get it though, I put a lot of work into finding practical and beautiful armour that goes well with my weapons and put hours into my hair- I deserve to be proud.

Also, look I don’t get mad easily at all but PLEASE just don’t stain my armour or my cape or my anything, if you do you’re going to clean it, and I’m going to kick your ass while you do.

Likes: Do you have little hobbies? Mine involves lingerie...
The day they can make stylish, armoured lingerie is the day we can talk about whatever it is that your hobby is. Perhaps I’d join you then. As for me, I love dressing up in different armour sets, I own loads but most of them are impractical and are purely aesthetic, so I wear them casually. It's probably obvious by now but I'm obssessed with anything that shines. I also like to drink a lot of orange juice, my mum never let me drink it as a kid. Now I’m and adult I was told by my brother I can do whatever I want, so I drink orange juice at least once every day. Also I like cats because...

Dislikes: What's your bane?
I hate rats. I’m not afraid. I just hate them, they’re dirty and they chew your cape up and it’s just a pain to deal with them, so I let my feline friends do it for me. Now that I think about it I really am just against not being clean or presentable, I especially hate getting scratches or dents on my armour, fixing that stuff isn’t fun at all.

History: Any fancy things to share?
I have a decently sized family, five siblings and a family pet cat. Both of my parents were elite soldiers for the Balthoran army, they retired at the same time to start a family. They were big deals in the army, my dad’s side of the family pass down the wind magic and defence buff thing I mentioned earlier, those abilities alone put his name out there. Anyway, luckily for me I was raised in an area outside of quarantine, my parents were and still are rich and unluckily for me, I’m told they didn’t spoil me when I was a little girl. Though I can believe that, from as early as I can remember they made me work for everything. It wasn’t just me, all six of us. We were each other’s best friends and worst enemies. Even when I was at a young age our household was very competitive. Exercise, work, study, swordplay, magic practice. We lived under constant surveillance and were frequently compared to each other, rewards for those who were deemed the best and punishments for the bottom two. It was always busy in my house, always someone getting lectured for speaking too quietly or disobeying orders or whatever.

My three younger siblings all ran away from home as soon as they could, I'd tried my best to convince them otherwise before they left and I thought I'd succeeded. I guess not though. Don't get the wrong idea my parents weren’t cruel, they were just very set in how they wanted us to be. Maybe they were the slightest bit harsh with their words and actions towards my younger siblings but their lectures always ended on an encouraging note. It is how it is, I guess not everyone would want to follow in their footsteps. My older sister, older brother and I all endured what they put us through and came out as very fit and skilful people all ready to either be a mercenary or another decently paid member of society. Unfortunately I’m pretty sure I faked studying way more than my siblings did because I’m always told I’m a little dense by them, so anything academic was really out of the picture.

Anyway, back on track, my dad thought it would be a good idea for me to work with my older brother, Galath, in a little mercenary group he had joined before me. I didn’t really think much of it at the time, we did general work, helping innocent people with their bandit problems and so on. It wasn’t until later that the things we were doing became somewhat questionable but I’d been raised to follow orders first and ask questions later. Our captain was eager to get money no matter what it took, eventually he became so absorbed by it all he agreed to help corrupt nobles sneak their rivals into quarantine. Not just to die, but to suffer in quarantine. That’s where my brother drew the line. He defected from the group and took me with him, they didn’t take all too kindly to that and warned us we’d made enemies that day.

Since then we’ve both been looking for more honest work. He’s gone and done something more academic I think. But me, well. Here I am.

Biography: Any more fancy things to share?
Oh shit I didn’t even see this category, I would’ve wrote some of the stuff I said up there down here. Uh, I once fell asleep while eating a bowl of soup and almost drowned with my face in it. Don't worry, I was six, this only happened one more time after that.

Family: Do you come from a family of riches or something like a... worker group?
Like I said before, rich parents, five siblings, I’m a middle child. Close to my brother, Galath, and my dad. My dad is a really amazing person. He always smiles, even when he's under pressure or hurting inside. Crime isn't exactly uncommon, you know that, yet he fought against it to help strangers even after he had retired. There was a reason his name was well known amongst the common people. He was a hero. How he could take on all that pressure with a smile, I don't know. He always wore such incredibly impressive and powerful looking armor too.

Friends: Any pals that you can think of?
None come to mind immediately. As you can probably tell I didn't get out much as a kid.

Enemies: Anyone that I may need to worry about?
Uh, about five mercenaries from a group called the Honed Warriors. I honestly don’t know if their threat I mentioned earlier was sincere or not, I haven’t heard anything from them since.

I was a mercenary in a different group, other than that my dad is well known and respected among the everday men, does that make me special? I don't think it really does. Either way my family was never really considered a nobility, my parents were good but being a good or even great soldier in an army of hundreds of thousands doesn't make you anything to a king.

Emotional Status: Do you have the demeanor of a Mercenary?
I like to find the good things in life, If you want a morale boost I’m it, buddy! Don’t worry about me not being able to handle whatever emotional stress being a mercenary takes, I was a mercenary before this remember? You should, it’s written literally right above this.

Love Interest: Is there anyone special to you?
Ha, I mean I got a love letter from a boy when I was fourteen. That’s about as serious as anyone’s willing to get with me so far. Emotional before physical! That’s what I (and my dad) say!
If you're reading this Justin, I wrote one for you too, my dad didn't let me send it I'm so sorry.

Applicant Signature:
Aria Arkrevia Abrams, Paladin, Seamstress and all around stunner.

Approval Signature:

Bridget%20the%20half-elf.png

“Well, sugar, I must admit, you are just a peach. I couldn’t compare.”
This girl is the perfect mix of her parents, if she knew them.
She got her father’s coppery skin tone and thick black hair, while she picked up her mother’s pointed ears and green eyes.
She keeps her hair pulled back into a ponytail, with the front bangs left loose out of said ponytail, and she also leaves a little piece of her hair to hang beside her face. This piece of hair is a bit of culture that leaked into her through her adoptive mothers. It’s essentially a little brass rod slipped over the hair and kept in place with a really complex hair knot.
Typically she isn’t dressed extravagantly. Leather armor over a muted green tunic, a dull gray cloak, leather climbing boots, and a bag to carry all her goods. Aside from that, when has a red bandanna that she keeps tied loosely around her neck so she can pull it over her nose when doing her thieving. Thus hiding most of her face.
Full Name: Bridget. That’s really it.

Alias(s): “Honestly, I probably should get myself a professional name.”

Age: ”Oh, sweetie! I’m 23. Just a baby by elf standards.”

Gender: “Well, this could more a complex question to certain people, you know. But, if you must know, I’m quite a lady.”

Orientation: “Hohoho! Interested in such things, are you? Well, a proper lady never reveals her sexual preferences.”
She’s Bi.

“Well, my oh my, I didn’t know I was being interviewed! I would have put on my good cloak. I might have even bought some shoes for the occasion. Well, if you must know, it’s the adventure of course! The intrigue of exploring the world around us, the discoveries to be made!
... also I like money.”
It’s pretty clear that she’s at least giving half-truths, if not full blown lying. Her real motivations will show up with time, I’m sure.

Your Gift: “Put me in a kitchen with some ingredients and I’ll whip up a wonderful peach cobbler in about an hour. Isn’t that something?”
Bridget has a couple talents that she would call “useless” in most situations. These include;

• Baking
  • Dancing with no music
  • Imitating accents

Class: “My tongue does tend to waggle quite a bit, doesn’t it? Though, that has nothin’ to do with my profession. I’m a Rogue, if you must know.”

Preferred Weapon/Fighting: “Well, if you’re that curious, I can show you my arsenal.”
Curved short sword
This curved short sword is actually probably the cheapest weapon she has. It’s made of iron, the handle and pommel are made of ivory, and it’s just honestly a last resort. She keeps it sharp though, and at her hip at all times.
Hidden Blade
With a guard made of leather and a fancy spring mechanism, this foot long blade can be kept concealed until the trigger is activated, at which point the blade springs out and can be used as a weapon. She tends to pair this with her short sword for dual wielding action. She shored out a lot of totally legitimately obtained money to commission a smith to make this thing.
Throwing knives
Her main squeeze, Bridget is a master of throwing knives. Can hit a bullseye from thirty feet away. Get out of range when she starts throwing.
Preferred Magic Sorcerers only:
“Well, I’m part Sun Elf, so I’m sure there’s magic in here somewhere, but I haven’t quite found it yet.”

Good or Evil?: “... In my travels, I’ve found that the world isn’t quite so black and white.”

Strengths: “Oooooh, now we’re getting to the good stuff.”
1. Parkour
2. Stealth
3. Evading the authorities
4. General thievery
5. Ranged combat

Weaknesses: ”haha... hahaha...”
1. Melee is definitely not her strong suit.
2. Despite the carefree attitude, she gets stressed out easily, which can make her work a little sloppy.
3. Absolutely CANNOT ignore suffering animals. She will pout and whine about a hungry puppy she saw in the street for DAYS.

Personality: “Why, I’m just an absolute sweetheart, aren’t I?”
Given her “southern belle” accent that’s she’s pretty well known to possess, you’d think she was a proper country lady, all prim and pristine. You could not be the furthest from the truth.
Bridget is a young woman with a silver tongue and a honeyed voice. She knows how to manipulate people to do what she wants, and she does it good.

You come at her with sass she will return it sevenfold. You tell her to go fuck herself, she will ask if you’d like to watch and call you a kinky bitch as she walks away.
The whole cheery, sassy attitude is just a cover-up for her real problem- no, no, no to the kleptomania, I’m talking about
CRIPPLING SELF-LOATHING. Seriously, she really needs to work this out.

• Animals. As previously mentioned, she just loves animals and cannot ignore one in pain. And gods help you if she catches you abusing a kitten.
  • Fruit. Her favorite is definitely peaches, but she’ll take all fruits.
  • Occasionally, if you happen to wake up early, she can be found praying to the gods, asking that they keep her parents safe while she’s gone. Though if you asked her about it, she would vehemently deny it.

Dislikes: “... Getting mighty personal now, huh?”
  • Thunderstorms

History: “Lady, I was raised by two lesbian conwomen in the back of a covered wagon after they found me on the side of the road. I don’t know how much else I can tell you.”

Biography: ”Once again, I have no idea who my real parents are, or where they are, or if they’re even alive. I really don’t have much else to say... can we talk about something else?”

Family: “I mean, my moms are pretty much the closest thing I have to family.”

Friends: “No such thing as friends in my line of work, sweetie. Temporary allies, maybe.”

Enemies: “Hmmm... Not that I know of.”

Emotional Status: ”Isn’t it obvious? I’m just as plucky as can be.”

Love Interest: “Why, no. Why ever could you be asking? For ‘a friend’, perhaps?” She winks.

Applicant Signature: “.... Ugh, fine.”
It honestly looks more like a scribble than an actual word.

Approval Signature:

Last edited:
Appearance: Well, I'm not interested, if that's what you're thinking. But yeah, sure, this one's sort of current; usually braid the hair, though, when I'm working...
sunny_dragon____by_insertsomthinawesome_dbqwr1m-pre.jpg

//Credit goes to InsertSomethinAwesome from Deviantart! I wish I could draw this good. Piece is titled "Sunny Dragon." It's fanart, but no relation. And just ignore the metal fingers on her right arm...she don't got those...

Full Name: Tanya Aurum

Alias(s): Some folks call me 'Tae', or something stupid like 'Tan'...but just Tanya's fine

Orientation: Straight

Why Do You Want to be a Mercenary?: Because I can. Why not? It's a good challenge, or so it sounds. Something interesting; something different. A good job, I guess. It's like...well....

Okay, honestly? The world sucks; that's why. I'm sick and tired of things like they are, and I'm tired of the government and the nobles, and I'm tired of just waiting around going through the motions until the plague finally waltzes in and kills me. I need something different. And it's not just because I'm out here alone or anything. I understand that, as a mercenary, we have to take jobs from people, but at least, there might be some level of freedom. That's all I ask for. The chance to use whatever abilities I got to solve a dang problem for once instead of staring at the problem and hoping it'll go away. Even if it's just somebody else's problem. I'll take it.

That, and...I'm really hoping you guys get picked for the Vian expedition, because that would be awesome. No, really, it sounds like something new, and I want in. New, challenging, and dangerous. Yeah, sure, I can handle it. I'll do whatever it takes. Try me.

Your Gift: Give me a good fire and I'll give you a 25-foot stabbing lance in no time! Heh heh, no, not really, I've never made one of those exactly, but I am good at blacksmithing. I don't flinch at furnaces, and I can repair and forge weapons if need be (assuming you have raw materials, anyways...).

Class: Well, not quite sure, actually. I lean more towards being a strength-type fighter, so I guess that fits the 'Warrior' bill, but I'm still more of a street fighter who likes using her head, so would that make me a 'Rogue'? Eh, you decide.

Preferred Weapon/Fighting: So, I got this axe. Pretty beautiful, she is. Crisp edge, nice curve, unbreakable as a diamond, single-sided. Name's Ellie. She's not stupidly large or anything, but she does pack a good punch, and I've gotten pretty good at using her. In fighting, I prefer to take my opponents head on, if I can. If I don't got a weapon, my fists can suffice. Or, rather, my arms and legs. I'm not just going to rush into something blindly and hit 'em straight-on. Trust me, I got some skill in this. Use my opponent's weight against them. It works. Also, I got a shotgun--my version, of course. Lengthened the barrel for better accuracy, introduced a revolving capsule for more shot type variety--it works well. I'm a decent enough shot at that, too.

Preferred Magic Sorcerers only: Ha, yep, not a magician. No sir, ma'am...that mess is way too convoluted. Believe me, I tried taking data on this before, and it's just way too finicky. I prefer to work with materials I can see. Technically, I know a few spells by memorization because of a friend...but I can't exactly use them.

Good or Evil?: Well, good, I guess. What's the question for, exactly? If you mean whether or not I have scruples about doing legal things, I'm fine with whatever. Government don't mean nothing to me, unless an official happens to be reading this, in which case...pretend I don't exist. But yeah, I wanna do the right thing, and I wanna do people good. To good people, anyways. Well, I guess that's terribly subjective...but you know what I mean, I think.

Strengths:
--So, blacksmithing again...I mean, I know I already mentioned it, but really. I'm good at crafting things. That, and you have to realize that after years of doing this, my arms ain't toothpicks. I have at least some muscle mass. That has to count for something, right?
--Tactics. I'm quite good at judging opponents, and situations, too. Take all the data and come up with a solution. I'd like to say I'm a rather reasonable person, and smart enough, too.
--Resilence. Maybe that's a little too bland, but I'm serious. I can take a hit. And I won't complain when things get rough. When I start something, I'm committed to finishing it, no matter what.

Weaknesses:
--Well, I guess I have to say being stealthy isn't exactly my forte. I know, this is a job we have to be subtle with sometimes, but I can work at it, I'm sure. I'm just way too obvious; maybe it's the hair. Or...maybe I'm just not that quiet. Yeah...
--Anything long range. I realize I said earlier I'm a decent shot...well...that's more, the up-close-and-personal kind of fight? My aim suffers a bunch farther back, along with any other kind of attack. That, and I think I'm just a tad nearsighted.
--So about my people skills. I can make friends with folks. I can also spin a good tale if need be. But the long-form operations...well, it's hard for me to keep up a facade. I'm no master of words. I'm just way better with the blunt approach.
--Not sure if this is a weakness or an irritation, but I really don't like going out without a plan, contingencies included. Makes me nervous. I try my best to come up with something on the spot when that happens, but it doesn't always work out that splendidly for my taste.

Personality: Well, gee, where do I start with this one? I guess I'd consider myself a rather calm person. I'm rational; I don't get ticked off easy (well, that's a lie...I do get ticked off; I just don't tell people I get ticked off until it's time to throw down, you know?). I like to observe things, do stuff in a practical way. But I also like a bit of excitement. Gotta love the thrill of adventure, right? I hate being predictable. Sometimes I am, but I don't like it. I want to take life by going for it, head on. No sneaking around, no walking on eggshells. Just go for it. And, well...maybe I do like being impressive. I got a bit of pride, you know? Not like I'm self-centered or anything, but yeah, I like to prove a point whenever I can, be it by fighting or by making. I do like making, though. I like to work with my hands, handle something I can see with my own two eyes. And...like I said earlier, I like to at least try to be good. Do people right. See justice happen. I hate to see anyone get taken advantage of. So...if that happens to me, or to someone else, yeah, I'll do something about it.

--Blacksmithing, I suppose...oh, dang it, is that the third time I've wrote this down!? Now you're going to think I'm some metalhead who never sees the light of day and sings their anvil to sleep at night...like Old Man Walter. I'm not Old Man Walter. I just reasonably sincerely enjoy my trade. That's all.
--I love to read. You might not think it with me, but learning new stuff really does turn me on. Never had much of a formal education, but I'm self taught, and I think that's better, anyways. Always love to get my hands on something new, no matter what the topic.
--Freedom. Just...having the freedom to do things my own way.
--I also love to cook! Now, this one, I'm technically not the best at...people say I overdo it with the grease, but it's fun, anyways.

Dislikes:
--Lack of planning. Seriously. Don't do it. If I have to keep up with a bunch of hotheads who think anything will work if you only hit it hard enough, I'm gonna lose it.
--Extortion and just...corruption in general. I hate people who have that kind of attitude. It's sickening.
--Confinement, I guess. Hate being cooped up in one place doing one thing.
--Magic. Like...it's just annoying. That's it.

History: Well, for starters, I'm not from a rich family. Just some good craftsmen, but we did get hit pretty hard with the wave of the plague some twenty years back or so. Place got quarantined, and I lost both my mom and dad to that thing. Yeah, I know, sob story, but that's just what it was. I lived with my older sister Marianne after that, which was alright. We were really lucky, actually. My dad was a blacksmith (whoop, big surprise, I know), and since he was given only daughters, my sister got to learn it, "woman's" job or not. Granted, fleeing our district before it was quarantined put us out of a home for a while, but our uncle lent us some space in this old house he was moving out of, and eventually, Marianne turned it into a forge. So, I got to learn too!

We had a nice thing going, actually...until Marianne decided to run off and get married. Believe me, it sucks as much as it sounds. So, it's just me, now. Yep. Lots of fun.

Biography: Well, if you say so...I guess there is a little more to that. In those early years, with all my dear sister's efforts to save up enough to make a forge, we were flat out broke. She worked at a sweatshop in the meanwhile, which was pretty horrible, and I hated that for her sake, so...I helped. By stealing. Just, little things, mind you. Nothing impressive. And some of that was just trash picking, but yeah, I did my part for the forge fund, and since my ol' sis was as organized as a blind rat, she never even knew. I was never the best at sneaking around, though. People saw. So, I just learned how to get in and run fast out. Snatch what I could and disappear before they could catch you.

That was probably easier, though, since I was just a kid and no one cared anyways. But I guess it's a fun story. What gets funner, though, is how things went when I was, say...thirteen or fourteen? That's when I got into street fighting. I had met some of these people when I was younger, and well, sooner or later, I got in, and it was great. We had this ring going, sometimes tournament style, and though I was still a small fry at the beginning, I can assure you I was a fierce little sucker. Loved to duel with people. How our system went; winner got a cut out of the betting pool, so, that's how I first started making money. And when I got into the reading thing. A little contrasting of an image, I know, but again, I'm self-taught. And maybe, just a tiny bit, I like knowing more than everyone else. So yeah, I spent my money on books.

But just for the sake of it, really, those were good days. I never told Marianne, until she finally caught me at it, but by that point I was eighteen and she couldn't tell me what to do anyways. I was in that group for a while. It's how I met my best friend, actually--I think I mentioned her in passing earlier. Garimella. She's a mage. We were matched together, and she totally kicked my hindside, so that was cool. I really was surprised at how well she used magic in that, although she can have fun with that. I'm not into it. She brings up a few stories too, actually. Maybe the most interesting, and the most relevant...was our, um...that raid? So Garimella's a noble. Crazy, I know. And her family had this conflict with another family, the Molokovs. And that family stole a thing, and her folks blamed Garimella for it, so I got up with her and decided to steal it back. It didn't go as smoothly as I would've hoped...this guy caught us, but I beat him to the ground so in the end, it worked. So yeah, that was my first heist! Does that count as experience?

But, well, conclusions. I was close to my sister, in spite of the other things, but a few years ago, she got married, and since then, I've run the forge alone. I don't see Garimella much nowadays, because she has responsibilities too. And, that's why I need a change. I've been staying at home more the past few years, doing the responsible thing, and honestly, it's boring. Don't get me wrong; I love being a smith, but...I want to do more than just that, you know?

Friends: Well, Garimella, and...yeah, just her. And the guys at the ring, I guess.

Enemies: The...ummm...guys at the ring. I beat up a few people in my younger days who got grudges with me because of that. Oh yeah, and the Molokov family. They hate me too.

Status: Craftsman. So...maybe a little better off than a peasant, nowadays? I work at it?

Emotional Status: Chill enough to not be a problem. I mean, I have some problems, but not terrible problems. Just too restless to keep waiting arund.

Love Interest: Ha, NOPE! I ain't got no time for stuff like that!

Applicant Signature:
4ea1d6af709b4b705a4c7fe2d77d0e79.png

Approval Signature:

Last edited:

Jack Royce

0f40b7ffa494d0034155ad6389e3d2bc.jpg

From the Office of the Chancery

Appearance: A young man of sixteen who takes after his mother more than his father. He stands five foot six and weighs approximately nine stone, four pound. Of athletic constitution and frame.

Full Name: Johnathon Royce VIII

Alias: Jack

Years of Age: Sixteen

Orientation: Johnathon is not known to be of a particular persuasion.

Why Do You Want to be a Mercenary?: Johnathon is the third male of his father's estate. The eldest (Johnathon Royce VII) is the primary inheritor. The middle brother (Elstan Royce IV) will be attending the seminary. As a result, Johnathon is unable to inherit nor is he able to follow in Elstan's footsteps, requiring him to seek fortune outside of the family finance.

Your Gift: Johnathon has a habit of making arrangements and deals that work out in his favor, even when they seem disadvantageous at the time.

Class: Johnathon is a shrewd Negotiator, regularly applying parlance in favor of the sword. He has applied a silver tongue to entice individuals regardless of their social standing.

Preferred Weapon/Fighting: Johnathon has been required to pay fines as a result of disturbing the peace. In each regard during a tavern brawl, he has been apprehended with a pair of shortswords. Due to his background, he is well trained though he avoids any greater penalties by surrendering to the city guard on sight.

Good or Evil?: Despite obvious significant moral shortcomings, Johnathon has been spoken of well by his peers and has been in regular attendance for prayers.

Strengths: Johnathon has demonstrated regular use of his youthful Good Looks, Hale Physique, Quick Wit, and Sharp Reflexes.

Weaknesses: Johnathon has a fondness for men, women, wine, or any other stimulation or appetite. He appears to be quick to trade coin for new experiences and can advertise excessively when demonstrating his prowess.
From the Desk of the Chancellor

Personality: Johnathon "Jack" Royce VIII is something of an oddity, changing himself and his behavior to reflect those with whom he speaks. In his most open moments however, he betrays a youthful energy and innocence.

Likes: Johnathon Royce VIII has been seen speaking at length with others, enjoying performing morally reprehensible acts, and taking advantage of drink. He regularly queries strangers about their lives and backgrounds. He has been seen intentionally provoking a row to demonstrate his swordsmanship.

Dislikes: As much as Johnathon involves himself in questionable acts, he has been known to keep himself meticulously clean. He has also been known to avoid bloodshed even when demonstrating his talents with martial artistry. As much as he enjoys hearing about the lives of others, he is careful regarding which details he shares of himself.

History: The Royce line is a storied and well established noble house which has regularly vied for influence and wealth in the court with generally positive results. The most recent Lord of the line, Johnathon Royce VI, has established himself as being adept at political maneuvering and has shored up the strength of the name. Their focus has largely been in knowledge, and even with the significant collapse, the estate remains large and in firm control of many important texts and documents. The Office of the Treasury has been unable to accurately determine an approximate value to the knowledge held by the estate. It is this information which has been carefully accumulated and guarded over the generations that has allowed the family to grow in influence. However, their hard economic status remains fairly static.

Johnathon Royce VIII has been recognized as the preferred child for temperament and conduct by other members of the court as well as the merchants. However, due to the laws of inheritance Johnathon Royce VII is marked to take his Lordship's title and estate. As a result, short of charity provided by the elder brother, Johnathon Royce VIII will have no access to the family coffers after the passing of his father, the honorable Lord Johnathon Royce VI.

Biography: Born on the third Ysildanen of Juvian in the last year of the age of the aldanor trade, Johnathan Royce VIII was the third and final child of Lord Johnathan Royce VI and Lady Erste Royce. Johnathon was raised as one would expect, learning all the expected trades and studies one might expect of nobility. Under the tutelage of his professor as early as four, Johnathon Royce VIII was trained in finance, the world sciences, the essentials of magic, political science, swordsmanship, and more. Year in and year out, Johnathon Royce obediently studied and learned all that was presented to him. It wasn't until he turned eleven that his tutor felt it prudent to put his social talents to the test. His tutor arranged to have him meet both men and women of all ages, social backgrounds, and economic standings in order to craft Johnathon into the perfect gentleman.

However, Johnathon met a retired pirate who spent his time cavorting with women and wine who regaled the young lad with his exploits. Johnathon became enamored with the idea of running off for adventure and women, and this led to him taking on the moniker "Jack". With this new information and nickname, Johnathon attempted to charm the ladies he met at his young age. With his background and family name, those he spoke with were hardly in a position to decline his advances. Johnathon quickly developed self-confidence as a result of this, even if it wasn't actually due to any skill at speaking. Finding himself with access to any woman, Johnathon quickly pursued the men he had been introduced to as well. By the age of twelve he had garnered far more experience than he had any right to.

Cocky and eager to find out what else life had to offer, Johnathon began to sneak out of the estate to roam the streets and the taverns. He found he wasn't quite as erudite as he thought, and found himself relying intensely on his talents with the blade to keep himself from bleeding out in an alleyway. Returned to his family home multiple times by the city guard as a result of his forays, he found himself needing to enhance his gift with his tongue. Johnathon took to speaking with the city guards every time he was corralled by them, as well as carefully practicing his craft with the denizens of the city. By the time he turned sixteen, Johnathon had few guards willing to turn him in to the family home and fewer people still finding any reason to dislike him once they'd had words with the young man.

However, Johnathon became aware that he would be stuck in the city with no way to secure funds for himself and no way to continue his lifestyle. He approached the Light Lotus with the intent to make a name and fortune for himself elsewhere.
From the Office of the Census

Family
Father: Lord Johnathon Royce VI
Mother: Lady Erste Royce
Siblings: Johnathon Royce VII, Erstan Royce IV

Status: Of no greater fortune than the requisitioned equipment he wears.

f683611d02e02c5a08ec5044a0a54966-jpg.542760

Appearance

Are you ugly or pretty? It makes little difference in my eyes. Make sure to include a portrait of yourself.
f683611d02e02c5a08ec5044a0a54966-jpg.542757

Beauty or ugliness doesn't concern me. My appearance can be described by these features:
Image source

Height= 5.6 feet
Weight= 143 pounds
Skin color= milky
Hair color= light brown
Eye color= light brown
Preferable hair style= short cut
Full Name

I need to know who you are, not just an Alias.

Bita Helya Bahu of Bahu Taroudi house
Alias(s)

Here is where you can put those fancy nicknames of yours.

Some people call me Shield Maiden but not in front of me. You can call me Bita but for guys I'm Miss Bahu.
I just need to know that you aren't a child trying to join my employ.

About 30.
Do you really need me to explain what you need to put here?

Female
Orientation

It doesn't matter who you share your bed with, but you can share it here if you like.

Straight, although it has nothing to do with you. This question is suspicious.
Why Do You Want to be a Mercenary?

I need to really know why you want to be a mercenary. It will determine your cut and if I'll accept you.

God blesses us with gifts and wants us to use them properly. My gift is fighting skills and I' from a large deep rooted house so I've chosen to take path of knighthood for life.
A Knight has a shield to defend and a sword to destroy. What we protect and what we invade is for our hearts to decide, or at least I believe so. I don't trust governing systems that have lead humans to ruin. We've become heartless, selfish and destructive creatures. I always wished to stop this corruption and bring life back to our lands, but I'm powerless.
When I heard of exploring band preparing new lands, I thought it's may chance. I want to be there to defend our new home again starting that old disease. Therefore I offer my shield to protect new lands and my sword to annihilate those who try to bring corruption to it
Your Gift

Are you able to drop a man's trousers with a wink? Summon birds with your singing? Dance like a professional?

With my shield I absorb whatever, magical it brutal, they throw at me and with my sword I return it to them.
Class

Do you use axes or sword? Spell or tongue?

Warrior
Preferred Weapon/Fighting

How do you fight? Like a Girl or a Girly girl?

I need a sword and a shield to use my gift perfectly but even without them I have my punches and kicks. What I've learned of martial arts is a mixture that can be called street fighting.
Preferred Magic Sorcerers only

If you throw spells, what kind do you use?

I have no spells of my own. I only pay back what I've been offered.
Good or Evil?

Goddammit, Ramirov! Did you put this here!?

Good, of course. What kind of twisted soul wants to be evil?
Weaknesses

What do you suck at?

How can I say that? If I had a weakness, I'd fixed it. Still, there are features of me that some people won't like:
1. Unbending 2. Strict 3. Too cautious about relationships 4. Rough 5. Not being able to read the mood especially emotionally
Personality

You're not gonna start bawling on the battlefield are you?

I'm a proud soul so if we're going to work together it's best to maintain a mutual respect. Bug me and I'll be prickly for a while, so please don't try to prank me or anything else like that. Yet, as a comrade you can count on my patience and kindness. I think even a fallen soul must be given a chance to fly again. Here I may add that fairness is very important to me while it's not my duty to judge people, so even if I happen to dislike someone I won't rub it to their face.
You don't need to worry about me deserting the battlefield; I stand my ground to the very end, thus you may trust your back to me. Fortunately, I'm not a sentimental person; I neither freeze in shock in the middle of carnage nor let down my weapon to cry over fallen comrades.
I'll obey a leader who's accepted by everyone but the leader would better show us good leadership or I won't hold back and might even lash out at them.
I'm always open for discussions, especially about war strategies and camping plans. On contrary, don't expect me to take part in shallow chit-chatting.
In the end, I hope to befriend you and your companions. Not a façade of friendship but deep real type.
Do you have little hobbies? Mine involves lingerie...

I like reading and... should I tell you everything? Don't let anyone find out or I'll have you regret it; I like making dolls and playing with children. But no one should find out about it or they'll think that I'm a softie. I like making thing by my hands even mud sculptures. I like sweets too and so I like making them although I'm not good at it.
Dislikes

What's your bane?

There are not things that I dislike but there are people. I dislike some people because of their behavior. For example; selfish ones and wantons.
History

Any fancy things to share?

In old times, head of Bahu Taroudi family ruled his lands like a king. Fighting skills were taught to next generation and newest knowledge were sought or bought to keep branches who worked in various fields prosperous. Therefore, this house was independent with help from its branch houses. A family as powerful as this had to pledge fealty to king of Kalin and send him military back up to keep the country in peace. Thus, when the king declared war against Balthora, the Bahu send his best men to war, but none of them returned. That war took almost everything from them; their warriors, their lands, their lordly right and their social power. Branches had to part from the main house to work for the new king and the head of Bahu was beheaded.
Biography

Any more fancy things to share?

Decades after fall of House of Bahu, Bita was born in a crowded but poor family. Her grandfather used to tell them stories of the better days of the family. She saw them as tales of glorious era and wished revive that glory. So she began learning martial arts, and later knighthood, from her grandfather. Her parents were against her decision and thought their time of fighting was over and she had to learn becoming a good house wife and farmer or a crafter. But she was too stubborn to listen.
When she was a teenager, she fought a bunch of bandits who had attacked travelers and defeated them. That was her first victory but made a name for her in the village. Later, villagers treated her as a warrior and gave her simple missions that gain her small amount of income.
When she was a young girl, almost everyone in towns and cities around knew her and she received missions every day. Her income was very good and she added to her fame day by day. But it didn't mean that she never lost a fight.
Obviously, that girl is me.
Family

Do you come from a family of riches or something like a... worker group?

Bahu Taroudi is a large and ancient family. According to traditions, first born sons are trained as warrior but other branches are crafters, farmers, builders and healers. Yet all of them learn martial arts and swordplay that had been passed down through generations. During prosperity of Kalin, each family head was an important supporter of the king so this house was strong and influencing. But after Kalin's defeat they lost many good men and their place in society. Currently this house is poor but still proud.
Friends

Any pals that you can think of?

I have many friends but I'm not going to bring them with me so you don't need to know them.
Enemies

Anyone that I may need to worry about?

I don't remember their names. I've defeated many opponents during my missions and each of them might wish to see me dead.
Status

You're not another noble are you?

I'm well born but poor. I could be highborn lady if not for a cursed herb and countless fools!
Emotional Status

Do you have the demeanor of a Mercenary?

What do you mean? I don't know how to say it. Look at me when I'm fighting if you like. I feel serous when I do a job… or should I say that I do my job seriously? And I'm proud of my skills.
Love Interest

Is there anyone special to you?

I've not considered that yet. Some girls try to stick to someone and build a romantic relationship but I think it happens when it happens. I don't work for it or wait for it, since I think I'll know it when I face it.

Applicant Signature: YOU FORGOT TO FILL THIS!!!
bhbahootaroudi-png.542759

Approval Signature:

9b497e7606193ebda737c03f27cb80b5--female-knight-paladin.jpg
I'm Avila McAllister, I will be the shield of your band.

Alias(s):
I go with nothing more but McAllister,

I'm at the age of 31, but do not think that my age represents my experience.

Presumptions have been thrown around when one sees me with my armor, but I am nothing more but a female.

Orientation:
I haven't thought much of who I find myself wanting to be with, but anyone willing to fight a battle side by side with me is good enough for me.

My training and skills are worthless in being a bodyguard, all I ever do is stand near the priority and look intimidating. During that time I don't even get to fight, only once in a while, may it be a drunkard or some assassin who believed they could kill their target simply by walking up to them. They don't seem to be any much of a threat to me, what I call for is a real battle, where I could prove myself worthy and feel the adrenaline of battle rushing through me. I would join in the ranks of the military, but I never find myself wanting to follow orders of a commander and be another faceless soldier, there's no glory in war, but there is much to seek out in this mercenary band. A mercenary is more of a strong suit for me, I could never live a domestic life being a storekeeper or an inn's guard, and I don't want to continue being the bodyguard of a noble nor another soldier in a war, I want a real battle and I want to fight. I suppose that's a rather odd reason, yes? I've been told that again and again.
Captain Janet, I don't aim for much money, just enough for me to satisfy my needs such as hunger, but I will take up my blade and fight every battle that we might find ourselves in. I could test my strength and see how much more I need to train in order to become stronger, there's no point of mock battles and defending against weaker opponents, I need to fight opponents who are strong-willed and rather well trained and dangerous. I still have much more to train, and with the ability to join you and your band, I can grow stronger and battle for the glory for your band. Believe me when I say it, I will train harder and harder in order to be useful for you, as I'm sure my lack of real battle makes me unpresentable, but believe in me, Captain Janet!

Your Gift:
I don't believe it's possible to drop any one's trouser with just a wink, m'lady. I'm a hard worker, just give me an axe or a pick, tell me what I should do with it and how long I would take, and I'll make sure I get everything we need. I don't know if you count that as a gift. Some of my siblings also tell me I'm pretty good shade, so if you feel the hot sun hitting you too hard I can stand in front of the sun for you. Again, I'm not too sure if that's a gift. I guess my tall stature is also a gift, that's what my father and mother always said.

Class:
I'm a knight, there's no need for me to talk or persuade, just point me at a direction and I'll go fight whoever is there. I can also be somewhat of a tank, my armor tends to deflect a lot of arrows and strikes, but my father always told me that my confidence on my armor is something I need to watch since "hitting a boulder with a hammer will still crack".

I don't think girly girl is a real style, Captain Janet...
I hold a longsword on my right hand and a shield on my left arm, they are my most reliable tools in any situation. The sword is pretty heavy, but I can make do with it since it's really effective, but I would recommend anyone to be careful in handling the sword, we don't want to end up with someone having a sore back. My shield is heavy as well, made from fine metals made to block any hits, and being banged by it would leave one in a terrible state. Again, handle with care, when picking it up try using your legs and not your back, I don't want it ending up crushing anyone if it falls over them.

Good or Evil?:
Ramirov?
Well, I suppose I'll ease his mind or something. I don't really care about what's good or bad, I just fight whoever I gotta fight. But that doesn't mean I lack a moral compass, I won't fist fight a kid for entertainment, but I would definitely beat up a kid for taking the purse of an elderly lady

Strengths:
I'm strong, that's something everyone told me before, I've spent a lot of years training myself to get where I am now. A lot of my training includes me lifting up huge keg full of wine, but the noble I protect scolds me, telling me one day I'll end up dropping the wine, but it hasn't happened yet... I can help carry a lot of things, and any obstacles are no challenge for me, usually. And with that strength, I tend to be able to defeat most enemies with a single swipe of my sword, but it comes with a price of actually swinging it, most would probably see me getting ready to strike and probably dodge or parry if their weapon could withstand my sword.

I am pretty intimidating, that's what my boss once said. If you need someone to be scared, just send them my way. I don't actually do much, I just give them a blank stare and they tend to scurry off, but my boss said it's pretty effective.

Weaknesses: I'm slow, and not in the mind. I can easily lift my armor and weapons up, but due to the overall weight of them, I don't move as quickly in the battlefield as most.W ith heavy armor comes with heavy sounds, anyone could know where I am when I'm walking solely based on the heavy clanks of my armor, but then again, sneaking isn't my style, why waste time sneaking about when you can get up close and personal?

I'm following orders, through and through, you ask me to rush ahead, and I will rush ahead, but I tend to get carried away and ignore most things around me. I guess you can say I'm narrow-minded? Unless I'm specifically asked to do something else, I'll probably end up doing the same thing, and I don't really end up noticing... I could recall a time I was asked to stand in the sun for one of my siblings for some shade, and I kinda stood there daydreaming for about two days. I would have probably ended up fainting if it wasn't for my mother faining me standing outside and scolding me.

Personality:
I was once told I'm not that expressive. Most times you could find me in my resting face, and I keep myself pretty much in the down low. I'm not saying I'm emotionless, but I just don't really express it. I could be mad but my face wouldn't show it, but of course, there are times where I do express emotions, but very rarely. I'm quite blunt, I don't really take into consideration of things I might say, it just kinda end up flooding out without much thought of what I would end up saying, so if you want someone truthful, I'm sure you've found the right person. However, don't think I'm unapproachable, I'm usually the one who listens to my siblings when they feel frustrated or worried.

There are many things that I enjoy in my life, I enjoy eating quite a bit, doesn't matter the quality I just enjoy eating. I'm also one who enjoys training quite a bit, I tend to plan my whole day around training unless I'm actually going on a job and such. I train with whatever is at hand, such as slashing trees down with my sword, I had to stop since my boss keeps getting mad each time I break a sword. I'm also a fan of daydreaming, it tends to be a habit of mine where I get rather focused on the things I'm imagining that I might go stonecold and have a deadpan expression on my face.

Dislikes:
I don't like people who bark up a lot but don't actually show it. If someone tries to talk up about how amazing they are, I want to test just how much by seeing how they fare up in a fist fight. Also, I'm one who gets very annoyed when someone interrupts my training, I'm alright if someone needs me to do something or something comes up, but if you wanna chit-chat or waste my time that I could use to better myself, don't expect me to be very pleased. This is not to say that I don't welcome people to come ahead and train with me, but I don't like my personal time being used up, but of course, if you need to chat about something Captain Janet, I'm all pleased to listen.

History:
I'm born from a family who serves a noble family called Velant, I was the second born from my mother. My childhood is one that doesn't really show much of a difference than others, I was raised by parents best they could and their attempts to juggle being parents and servants. The Velant House's Head, however, was a nice man, he had me tutored alongside his oldest child, Theo, who was born about a three year after me. I had an older brother, his name was Clarance, he was a role model to me... one of the reasons why I also became a bodyguard was to work alongside him when we both came to age since he wanted to be one. Me, Clarance and Theo always did everything together as a child almost like siblings. I was more... different than what I was, I showed more emotions when I was growing up, my father always told me that everything always made me smile and laugh. We always ran around the forest that was near the manor, thinking that we were riding horses and fighting in wars, it was times I enjoyed without thinking of anything else.

Our family holds their servitude in honor and pride, as many of the family ancestors work for the House of Velant. We worked with the family as their guards, butlers, maids, chefs, blacksmiths, jewelry makers and much more, I, however, choose to become a bodyguard. In the end, however, I left the job with the understanding of my boss, he was sad to let me go off and find new work, but he understood why and wished me luck. My family were worried about me leaving as well, I was one of the first in the family to leave the servitude of Velant, but they couldn't stop me since I was dead set on my wish. My father was the last one to say good bye to me, giving me a pendant and telling me "

Biography:
As we grew up into being adolescents, I could tell that Clarance took his training more seriously than I ever have, he worked hard and made sure he was at his best in order to protect the Velant House's Head. I always watched him practice and so did Theo, sometimes he even sparred him. The two of them were always close, if I wasn't with Clarance, he was probably around Theo or training. Theo always has the one who wanted to spend time with him, and I wasn't one who envied that, I truthfully didn't mind at all. I wished it could have stayed that way... but I was too weak... One day we three took a walk in the same forest we used to play in, as Theo wanted us to. We strolled around, I couldn't help but feel nostalgic, my brother reminding me of the things we used to do and play, but Theo was unusually quiet, seeming nervous about something, but I wasn't sure of what.

The peacefulness ended... when a group of thugs rushed towards us, trying to kidnap Theo and take him for ransom. I and my brother helped Theo escape, fighting back against the thugs, but number overwhelmed us. In the end... I was too weak to fend off the thugs, and my brother... he helped me escape my catching the attention of the other thugs, giving me time to get up and run, the only time I ever ran away from a battle. That was the last time I saw him alive. I was sad, but I couldn't cry, I was mad, but I couldn't yell, Theo was more emotional than I was. Ever since then, my family carries the burden because of me, but they still continue on, but Theo... He doesn't speak with me much anymore, he only gives me glances or quick orders, I can feel as if he hates me ever since then...

This isn't a sob story for you, Captain Janet, it's the reason why I train so hard, I can no longer be weak. I train to become as determines as my brother, and I will not allow anything such as that happen to any of the people I work with, you can trust me in that. I fight for the honor of my brother, and I will swear that no lives of those I work with would be lost under my sight.

Family:
I have a mother and a father like any child should have, my father is a butler to the noble we work for and my mother is a seamstress and stylist for the women of the house, I have about six ... five brothers and three sisters, the ones who are grown up already work for the house, I'm the technically... the oldest out of my siblings. While my parent and us work closely, they focus more on their work, which is fine by me, the noble is a pretty nice person and he assisted us in growing up. They still are fans of writing letters to me, asking me what I've seen and the things I have done, and always a worried letter from my mother worrying about how I'm doing.

Friends:
The Noble House Velant are pretty close, mostly by my years of serving for the man of the house, during my time leaving and looking for work, I get a few letters from the kids and them about how things are going, except Theo, I don't get anything at all from them.

Enemies:
Most of my enemies are enemies of the noble I used to work for, but they mostly targeted my boss, I don't really think anyone is out for my blood, I think... sometimes I do end up with death threat letters, but I don't pay much mine into them.

I'm born from a family who serves a noble, however, I wouldn't call them indulgent servants, it's just a relationship that's formed for many years in where my family serves for the noble's family.

Emotional Status:
I feel as if I do have a demeanor of a mercenary, my experience as a bodyguard affects the way you stand and look, and I've been told I look pretty scary. I'm fine emotionally if that's what you wanted to know.

Love Interest:
I haven't really thought much about love, nor have much interest to actively seek it. Like I said before, I would "love" someone when they are willing to fight side by side with me until the end. But that doesn't mean that I closed my heart.

Applicant Signature:
scribble.regular.png

Approval Signature:

2361893-bigthumbnail.jpg
I like to think I’m rather pretty, but then doesn’t everyone? My master always said us Elves seem to age quite well, however. Why is this relevant, again?

Full Name:

Kannah Brightsleet

Female.

Orientation:

Beauty is beauty no matter the form it takes.

If you’ve got any better ideas for getting back to Vian, do tell. Few possessions, no family—the few skills I do possess are rather limited in their applications outside the forests of my homeland. A girl’s gotta make a living. In a word, necessity.

Your Gift:

My people are rather skilled in the arts, and I’m far from an exception. Before my capture I spent my days in the employ of the temple, weaving tapestries, spinning silks into threads, dancing and singing at festivals—the thrill of creation is one I miss dearly.

Class:

Magi/Ranger

My people are no stranger to combat, though I tend to avoid it when possible. I can hold my own in hand-to-hand combat when necessary—I carry a short spear and a shield. However, my strengths lie in archery and magic.

Preferred Magic:

I excel in protective and healing magics, and was one of the many mages responsible for maintaining wards around the temple back home, though I can channel that same magic into bursts of offensive energy as needed, usually augmenting weapons or arrows.

Good or Evil?:

An interesting question. I don’t imagine most would classify themselves as evil when asked. I’m no exception there, though I can’t say how much good I’ve done for the world either.

Strengths:

Domestic tasks—though it’s not one of my prouder admissions, my days spent in the company of humans has given men more than ample opportunity to hone these skills. Cooking, cleaning, laboring, I’m told I'm 'the complete package'. Whatever that means.

Level-headed—I can think clearly in nearly any situation.

Weaknesses:

I don’t see it as a weakness myself, but my old master told me on many occasions I’m very blunt. If you ask me, the people of this land are far too sensitive, and waste an inordinate amount of time with pleasantries and small talk.

I tend to over-analyze things. I’m not good at making split-second decisions, especially when the well-being of others is at stake.

Personality:

I remember a time when I was kind and warm and would give anything I had for those close to me—my own people. Since coming to this land I’ve hardened considerably. While I still care for the well-being of others, I have yet to find many people here worth going out of my way to help.

History:

Only child of the Brightsleet family of Lunasuun I’m told, I imagine the family I never knew was quite honored when I was one of the few chosen at birth to serve as a minor priestess of the temple: keeping the grounds, arranging festivals, and protecting it in dire times should worst come to worst. I never wanted for anything, lived a rather extravagant life, and did my best to serve my people. This resulted in the first majority of my life being rather uneventful, but comfortable; days were planned, lessons were constant, and there was always something more to be done around the temple. It was a youth filled with purpose, if somewhat lacking in affection.

As all Voral do, I practiced my fair share of hand-to-hand combat, archery, and magic, but the elders at the temple had a certain knack for drawing out our strengths. It was clear from an early age I excelled at wards, healing magics, and protective barriers, though I was also quite skilled with a bow. I was never particularly promising with martial weapons, so my training in those areas was rather limited in comparison to that of my peers. Why waste time trying to teach a fish to walk on land, when you’ve got rabbits? Life with the Voral is very much a community effort. The good of the whole comes before the need of the few. Everyone had their place in society and did what they could to contribute.

Ultimately it was my skill in wards that would bring me to this strange land. Some of our kind may not be particularly fond of our magics, but there’s no denying their effectiveness. On occasion we’d send groups from the temple all throughout our forests, Priestesses along with a caravan of Warriors, most often. We’d visit the outlying cities, providing blessings to the ill and wounded, and helping raise wards as needed. On one such outing we were ambushed by slavers, many of my brothers and sisters killed during the fight. Though the slavers ended up being pushed back, it wasn’t without a few prizes to be had. I was among them.

At the age of 19, I was brought back to Balthora along with the others captured alongside me. We were sold as ‘exotic servants'. I was one of the lucky ones, my master more looking for companionship than anything. Another face to be seen around the house, I presume. I’ve been treated rather well, for a slave, and though I’ve received my due of whippings and beatings I haven’t suffered any lasting injuries. On his deathbed my master signed for my release, though I remained with him through the end of his days to help ease his passing. Which leads to the present. I’m a free woman now, and can only hope the people of Lunasuun will accept me when I return.

Friends:
Rawl, my old master. Though I wish we’d met on better terms, he’s the one person I’d consider a friend since having come to Balthora.

Minor Priestesses are considered nobility, though I no longer bear that title. I suppose I’m rather unremarkable.

Emotional Status:

Kind, compassionate, but distant.

Love Interest:

My experience in interacting with humans is rather limited considering the time I’ve spent in Balthora. From what I know of them, I do find them rather intriguing. I suppose it’s possible I’d become attracted to someone in time, though it isn’t common practice among my people to stray outside of our own communities.

Applicant Signature:

58ff2c37639e3d2fcbd1e3d576e88201.png

Approval Signature:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back