• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Legend of the Legendary Mages [Open][Military Academy][Factions]

Alrighty, thanks for being so patient! I'll see what I can pull up (๑꒪▿꒪)*

N' that druggo sounds just like what I need for my evil plot >:D coolcoolcool

Edit: rpnation y u auto-turn my emoticon in2 emoji? ;A;

Very well. Good luck. If you want, you can PM me more details about the type of drug plot you're going for, and we can work something out together.

It's similar to the empires in my sources of inspiration. I haven't fully fledged it out yet, but here's a short description of a few details that may answer your question.

Form of Government: Monarchy with a Council of Powerful Nobles.
Relation With Other Countries: I'll work on this.
Economy: Military Conquests. Oil, Ore, and Magic are the three big ones. I'll see what else makes sense for the Legant Empire's economy.
Stance on Magic: Heavily Favored; however, some spells such as Necromancy are considered taboo.
Size: 1/6th of the Kovolo Continent
Population: Around 40 Million.
Resources: Factories, Military Arms, and Mines.
Environment: Industrial with a few countryside places.

Some functions of the empire may be fantastical, but otherwise, in general, it's a pretty standard empire. Here's some sample images:

View attachment 343120
http://image.gamer.ne.jp/news/2013/20130801/0069570d94e48e82fa7100325dbdf8c00ea6/o/9.jpg

The trains in this RP aren't as advanced as the one's in that image, but that's the type of architecture I'm going for in the Empire. In general the setting will fit similar to Akashic Records, Alderamin on the Sky, Legend of Hereos: Trails of Cold Steel, and Valkryia Chronicles.

Does this answer your question?

Yes!

Wow, this resonates with me in all the right ways! Definitely interested.
The first rp I ever did on rpn was magic academy themed so this will be nice callback to that.

Wow, this resonates with me in all the right ways! Definitely interested.
The first rp I ever did on rpn was magic academy themed so this is will be nice callback to that.

It's nice to have your interest Drakerus. Now we're in two RP groups! Here's a list of links:

Interest Check
In Character Thread
Out of Character Thread
Character Sheets
Encyclopedia

Do you have any questions for me? Otherwise, does anything about this RP besides a magic academy stand out to you? And do you have a character concept in mind?

It's nice to have your interest Drakerus. Now we're in two RP groups! Here's a list of links:

Interest Check
In Character Thread
Out of Character Thread
Character Sheets
Encyclopedia

Do you have any questions for me? Otherwise, does anything about this RP besides a magic academy stand out to you? And do you have a character concept in mind?

While I know that lots of it is in the works, the character progression system is very interesting to me. I think it's cool that people can have their character's have a 'specialty' in terms of magic style at the cost of being weaker in other areas. Speaking of which, would new students all be starting with the same base skills or would they be able to have varying proficiencies in certain magic types right from the get go?

While I know that lots of it is in the works, the character progression system is very interesting to me. I think it's cool that people can have their character's have a 'specialty' in terms of magic style at the cost of being weaker in other areas. Speaking of which, would new students all be starting with the same base skills or would they be able to have varying proficiencies in certain magic types right from the get go?

That's how I plan to go for characters mastering the spell types. If someone focuses on one magic area, they'll be better at that magic than others, at the cost of being weaker in other magic areas. Depending on a student's backstory, they'll have varying proficiencies in certain magic types from the get go. I'm not going to have every character be at the same power level, but I will offer opportunities for weaker characters to shine due to my combat system. Therefore, it's up to the role player's choice, whether they want to start with a powerful character, or grow their character in power. I do have some limitations on the spells that students can start out with, which is in my encyclopedia thread.

If you're confused by my answer, please let me know.

That's how I plan to go for characters mastering the spell types. If someone focuses on one magic area, they'll be better at that magic than others, at the cost of being weaker in other magic areas. Depending on a student's backstory, they'll have varying proficiencies in certain magic types from the get go. I'm not going to have every character be at the same power level, but I will offer opportunities for weaker characters to shine due to my combat system. Therefore, it's up to the role player's choice, whether they want to start with a powerful character, or grow their character in power. I do have some limitations on the spells that students can start out with, which is in my encyclopedia thread.

If you're confused by my answer, please let me know.

Thanks, I understood just fine!

I was thinking of having my character start from bottom of the barrel weak. The main plan would be to have them steadily grow and be really strong later on. I'm interested in summoning magic. Could you give me a bit of rundown of what you have so far on it? Like, does the summoner make a contract with the summon? Are summoners typically known to bond with the beings they summon? Can this bond affect the strength of the mage and their summons in battle? What kinds of capabilities can a summoned being have? How do mages help their summons in combat? Things like that.

Thanks, I understood just fine!

I was thinking of having my character start from bottom of the barrel weak. The main plan would be to have them steadily grow and be really strong later on. I'm interested in summoning magic. Could you give me a bit if rundown of what you have so far on it? Like, does the summoner make a contract with the summon? Are summoners typically known to bond with the beings they summon? Can this bond affect the strength of the mage and their summons in battle? What kinds of capabilities can a summoned being have? How do mages help their summons in combat? Things like that.

Zero to hero is always nice to see. For summoning magic, here's a short summary of what I have so far:

"Summoning Magic

Summoning magic requires knowledge from a magical source, or contract. Only character's with a specific backstory can start with Summoning Magic Spells. Summoning magic can summon entities from other worlds.

Some examples of summoning are impossible to describe, but they summon entitles from another world."

I'll try to explain summoning magic to the best of my ability, but since it's a magic type that relies on a specific backstory, my information is subject to change. The magical source is a contract that the summoner must make with the entity they wish to summon from another world. Unlike conjuring elemental spells, summoning an entity from another world relies on more than just magic energy for it to work. It requires a magical source, or contract. Technically one can summon lightning, but it'll be lightning from another world, whereas the lighting cast by elemental magic is through one's own magic energy.

If a summoner summons a living entity, they can attempt to bond with the being, if it's sentient. The stronger the bond the better the familiar and the summoner can work together on the battlefield.

The capabilities depend on what the mage summons. There's no limitation on what a mage can summon besides' the mage's contract and magic energy, so go crazy on summoning that familiar.

Once a summon is in your character's world, they don't need any help, or magic energy to exist. They'll function as the summoner's servant due to the contract. You can still apply your magic energy to assist your summon.

If you want to create a character that starts with summoning magic, I'll have to talk with you in PM on how to go about it. Your summon will depend heavily on what type of backstory you wish to create for your character. For this roleplay, I'll limit it to one summoning contract at the start, but as the roleplay progresses, I'll allow characters to obtain additional contracts.

Zero to hero is always nice to see. For summoning magic, here's a short summary of what I have so far:

"Summoning Magic

Summoning magic requires knowledge from a magical source, or contract. Only character's with a specific backstory can start with Summoning Magic Spells. Summoning magic can summon entities from other worlds.

Some examples of summoning are impossible to describe, but they summon entitles from another world."

I'll try to explain summoning magic to the best of my ability, but since it's a magic type that relies on a specific backstory, my information is subject to change. The magical source is a contract that the summoner must make with the entity they wish to summon from another world. Unlike conjuring elemental spells, summoning an entity from another world relies on more than just magic energy for it to work. It requires a magical source, or contract. Technically one can summon lightning, but it'll be lightning from another world, whereas the lighting cast by elemental magic is through one's own magic energy.

If a summoner summons a living entity, they can attempt to bond with the being, if it's sentient. The stronger the bond the better the familiar and the summoner can work together on the battlefield.

The capabilities depend on what the mage summons. There's no limitation on what a mage can summon besides' the mage's contract and magic energy, so go crazy on summoning that familiar.

Once a summon is in your character's world, they don't need any help, or magic energy to exist. They'll function as the summoner's servant due to the contract. You can still apply your magic energy to assist your summon.

If you want to create a character that starts with summoning magic, I'll have to talk with you in PM on how to go about it. Your summon will depend heavily on what type of backstory you wish to create for your character. For this roleplay, I'll limit it to one summoning contract at the start, but as the roleplay progresses, I'll allow characters to obtain additional contracts.

Alright sounds good. I'll probably go for the starting summon route. I'm not really sure how to implement it into the backstory so I'll discuss it with you as you suggested tomorrow maybe.

Alright sounds good. I'll probably go for the starting summon route. I'm not really sure how to implement it into the backstory so I'll discuss it with you as you suggested tomorrow maybe.

Great. Send a PM, whenever you're ready to discuss stuff.

Maybe there's something specific you want to see in a tournament arc? It doesn't have to be any plain old tournament, at least, that's what I'm going for.
Hmm, depends if you want it to be the central plot or not. Or we could make it the main goal at the beginning. Some ideas I have are: Recruitment for the King's Personal Guard or other elite unit, Graduating tournament to determine starting rank, Tourney for riches and fame
Ill start the CS ASAP.

Hmm, depends if you want it to be the central plot or not. Or we could make it the main goal at the beginning. Some ideas I have are: Recruitment for the King's Personal Guard or other elite unit, Graduating tournament to determine starting rank, Tourney for riches and fame
Ill start the CS ASAP.

Interesting ideas. I'll have a poll set up to determine what role players want to see for the next arc, or maybe we can do a combination if role players are tied on certain concepts. I'm waiting for all characters to be made before deciding how the first arc goes. I do have the first arc written out but it can change according to the role players characters actions. Good luck on your CS.

What timezone are you in if you don't mind me asking? Just wanted to get a feel for a good time to try and contact you.

I'm PST, but feel free to contact me at any time that works best for you. I'll answer your questions at some time.

The character sheet is now fully completed. Therefore, it'll likely be 1~2 weeks before the roleplay begins, since I'm waiting for participants to complete their character sheets now. If you'd like to join before the roleplay begins, now's the time. Thank you.

Is this still open? Hachi Machi Hachi Machi I'd quite like to join an RP of this type :)

Yes, it's still open.

Here are some links:

Interest Check
In Character Thread
Out of Character Thread
Character Sheets
Encyclopedia

The roleplay will begin on Sunday, so just mention me whenever you finish your character sheet. If you have any questions, feel free to mention, message me, or ask them in the OOC. If I may ask, what specifically do you find interesting about this RP, so I can add your preferences to my list. I have a list of what all my role player's want to see in the RP.

Yes, it's still open.

Here are some links:

Interest Check
In Character Thread
Out of Character Thread
Character Sheets
Encyclopedia

The roleplay will begin on Sunday, so just mention me whenever you finish your character sheet. If you have any questions, feel free to mention, message me, or ask them in the OOC. If I may ask, what specifically do you find interesting about this RP, so I can add your preferences to my list. I have a list of what all my role player's want to see in the RP.
It seems like it would allow for a large variety of characters with the different factions and such, as well as I get the feeling "superpowers" won't be as a big a thing as spells will be, so there's going to be some sort of balance between the characters. I also like the idea of technology and magic existing in the same universe

It seems like it would allow for a large variety of characters with the different factions and such, as well as I get the feeling "superpowers" won't be as a big a thing as spells will be, so there's going to be some sort of balance between the characters. I also like the idea of technology and magic existing in the same universe

Yeah, I offer a lot of factions and character diversity, not for a grand RP, but for the fun of a interactive world. Also don't feel limited by anything. If you have suggestion, or want to create a particular character type, let me know, and we can compromise on it.

Magic is pretty much superpowers, but there's a limit to how many spells an individual can cast in a time frame. I'm not too specific on numbers. I only list numbers to make it easier and balanced for situations. Obviously, there's going to be some imbalance, but I'll have ways to equalize those imbalances, such as a Military Mage versus a Student. Like maybe the Student has help from others, or the Military Mage has low magic energy.

Technology is similar to the genres mostly. No computers, or stuff like that, but there's trains and guns. No advanced guns like laser guns. Although, there's laser magic, which is essentially Destruction Magic.

Yeah, I offer a lot of factions and character diversity, not for a grand RP, but for the fun of a interactive world. Also don't feel limited by anything. If you have suggestion, or want to create a particular character type, let me know, and we can compromise on it.

Magic is pretty much superpowers, but there's a limit to how many spells an individual can cast in a time frame. I'm not too specific on numbers. I only list numbers to make it easier and balanced for situations. Obviously, there's going to be some imbalance, but I'll have ways to equalize those imbalances, such as a Military Mage versus a Student. Like maybe the Student has help from others, or the Military Mage has low magic energy.

Technology is similar to the genres mostly. No computers, or stuff like that, but there's trains and guns. No advanced guns like laser guns. Although, there's laser magic, which is essentially Destruction Magic.
I'm gonna set to work on a character, thanks for explaining a bit more to me :)

I'm gonna set to work on a character, thanks for explaining a bit more to me :)

Good luck on your character sheet. The size is large, but I don't require much in each section. I leave it up to the role player to decide the amount of content they want in their character sheet. There's only a few limits, so I know what your character is like, to help me develop a plot around your character.

Good luck on your character sheet. The size is large, but I don't require much in each section. I leave it up to the role player to decide the amount of content they want in their character sheet. There's only a few limits, so I know what your character is like, to help me develop a plot around your character.
Hmm.. I was thinking of making the daughter of a duke/duchess, would that be alright or is pseudo-royalty a no-no?

Hmm.. I was thinking of making the daughter of a duke/duchess, would that be alright or is pseudo-royalty a no-no?

I'll allow royal characters, but we'll have to compromise on history, so once you complete your character, I can tell you what needs to be added. I do allow Nobles, if you want to develop your character however you like. Otherwise, for Royals, I'm pretty much going to tell you what to add to your character sheet.

Here's some things I'll address:

1. Popularity (Royals are definitely popular and treated with the upmost respect, but we'll likely need to compromise on a way to limit your character's popularity).
2. Relevant Historical Events (Royals are in the history books, so we'll have to develop a history for your royal family).
3. Other Stuff (If I think of anything else, which I probably will once I read your character sheet).

I'll allow royal characters, but we'll have to compromise on history, so once you complete your character, I can tell you what needs to be added. I do allow Nobles, if you want to develop your character however you like. Otherwise, for Royals, I'm pretty much going to tell you what to add to your character sheet.

Here's some things I'll address:

1. Popularity (Royals are definitely popular and treated with the upmost respect, but we'll likely need to compromise on a way to limit your character's popularity).
2. Relevant Historical Events (Royals are in the history books, so we'll have to develop a history for your royal family).
3. Other Stuff (If I think of anything else, which I probably will once I read your character sheet).
Hmm.. So should I just skip out on history for now and do the rest of the CS, then come back to it after and go through it with you? Because history would probably be the only one affected. Sorry for the hassle by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back