• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Legend of the Legendary Mages [Open][Military Academy][Factions]

What exactly do you mean by strength? Strength can be defined in many ways. Do you mean a mage absorbs the victim's ability to use their muscles to carry weights, or do you mean a mage absorbs the victim's force, such as a high impact punch?
The first one.

The first one.

Yes, that spell idea works for absorption. It's like a combination of a hex and absorption spell, since it grants the user a temporarily boost to utilizing their muscles more efficiently, while weakening the enemy. Is that what you're going for?

Yes, that spell idea works for absorption. It's like a combination of a hex and absorption spell, since it grants the user a temporarily boost to utilizing their muscles more efficiently, while weakening the enemy. Is that what you're going for?
Yeah, pretty much.

"Magic

Black Magic

1. Elemental (Conjuring elemental effects)
2. Summoning (Summoning entitles from around the world)
3. Necromancy (Raising the dead)
4. Hexes (Debuffing/cursing an enemy)
5. Destruction (Using pure magic)
6. Absorption (Draining/absorb/steal magic energy)
7. Force (Move a non living entity with kinetic magical force)

White Magic

1. Healing (Using pure magic to heal)
2. Barrier (Using Pure magic to block attacks)
3. Empower (Empowering, or augmenting a trait)
4. Nullify (Nullify magic spells and effects)
5. Warp (Teleportation magic)
6. Transform (Transformation magic, can also be used to shrink/grow sizes)
7. Transfer (Transferring own magical energy with living organisms)

Alchemy

1. Transmutation (Converting a substance into another substance)
2. Synthesis (Combining substances to form another substance)
3. Fragmentation (Decomposing substances to form other substances.)
4. Mutation (Mutate an entity on a biological level. Example: Chimeras)
5. Animation (Animating a non living object with alchemy)
6. Revive (Resurrect someone from the dead at a high cost using alchemy, can also be used for immortality)
7. Ley Lines (Using ley lines through alchemic entitles to communicate with others)

Ways to function/utilize Magic

-Charm Activation (Requires a small chant and minor magic energy, but it's quicker. Once out of magical energy, the charm will cease function)
-Geometric Magic (Creating Symbols/runes. It's used as an array to channel magic energy. They can be created through chants, or drawn. The more intricate the design the better.)
-Incantations (Chanting a spell. Requires magic energy. If using powerful spells, it will drain the user. The longer the chant, the more powerful the spell. They create instant runes/geometric circles for spells)

Chants have their each unique effect. Users can create/manipulate their own chants for unique effects."

Magic is powered by one's own magic energy (Vitality), so it's internal. I may include special minerals that naturally have magic energy inside them, so it's probably a mix of the two, if I do include that idea.
Here we go, this is why I wanted to go through OOC banter. So, ready for the question storm?
  • Is it possible to discharge/send out magic power without an array?
    • It's given in a lot of magic systems that work with arrays channeling power that channeling more or less magic power than the array is made for into the array makes the spell misfire or completely fail altogether. Is that true here, as well?
    • Would discharged magic power that lacks given instruction affect the environment it's in in any way, like making nearby humans uncomfortable or raising the temperature?
  • Since Magic power = Vitality, would exhausting all of it kill you or incapacitate you?
    • Would a healthy man or a healthy woman have more magic power? I've seen it said that they're equal in natural vitality, I've seen it said that they're equal but men tend to be higher because they normally train their bodies more than women, and I've seen it argued that women are monsters that are built to go through this demonic ritual called childbirth and thus are worlds ahead of men.
    • What are the symptoms leading up to hitting zero?
    • If it does kill, what is the death most like? Starvation? Dehydration? The brain boiling over from overwork?
    • How fast does magic power recover, and does your health affect the speed?
    • Would damaging someone damage their magic power, even without having any feature of the damage be against magic power?
  • Geometric magic - taking an ingenious idea from FMA, is it possible for a mage to pre-inscribe arrays into things like clothes or tools and reuse said array since it's permanently engraved? If so, would this almost invalidate the need for a chant since most of the reason given for a chant is that it builds an instant temp array?
  • Does the array actually influence the magic at all? Typically it's a formula for the spell's result with shapes and runes determining variables and purpose, but you said the more intricate the design the better, which wouldn't be the case if the array had full influence in the results.
  • You've presented 3 categories of magic here, but from other descriptions you've offered (using wind to create a vortex or force to compress an enemy) and my own assumption I'm guessing that the twenty-one magic spells under the three categories are just sub categories and not actual spells, am I right?
  • If that's not the case, is a spell's type really determined by purpose and outcome? You could easily change one variable in a healing spell and, while keeping the spell structure of one, bring about the decay of tissue. It's using the formula of healing, but the intent and result is destruction.
  • Why isn't Revive a part of Necromancy?
  • Is it like Akashic where chants are a matter of intention and correlation?
This is all I have for now.

Mmmmm, I'd like to know more about other countries you have planned other than Legant. Stuff like their form of government, relation with other countries, economy, stance on magic (like maybe they're not as constraining about magic research or whatever), size, population, resources, environment, etc.

Other than that an overview on the combat system would be neat!

Your explanation of the magic system is much appreciated, I think I got a better grasp of what to expect. As for the power itself, I've had it in the works for a long time actually, basing it on wacky theoretical physics. If anything I guess it'd be a variation of force magic. Of course, I'll super tailor it to your specifications since it was originally made for another setting. Well anyway, lemme give you a rundown of the original specifications.

So let's start off assuming compressed space can exist in three forms: neutral, positive, and negative

Neutral compressed space acts just as that, compressed space. There are no reactive forces in this situation, so you can say this acts a sort of pocket dimension. Inside of the space, matter can be stored without disturbing the object's molecular integrity or degrading it, allowing tons of junk to be carried around covertly and without strain. The user can also enter the space in order to seemingly disappear on the spot. The best analogy I have for this is hammerspace you encounter in video games. This will be the primary form of compressed space my character'll use while at Jalder under the guise of summoning or teleportation according to your list.

Positive compressed space implies that the space is energy rich, allowing various applications. First off, the reactive force that's generated from decompressing space acts as a vector, allowing him to repel objects in front of him. So this is pretty much what I assume standard force magic will be, aside from this being a reaction rather than action. Secondly, the compressed space may affect a pre-existing energy that enters its field. Upon decompressing against the aforementioned energy, the vector may inhibit or halt the energy. This aspect is a bit iffy cause I've been in a couple of RP's where this sort of power is not allowed due to BS it may entail, but I hope you trust me to be mature about it c:. alsoyougotabattlesystemsomaybeit'llbefineanyway. The last expression of positive compressed space I have planned is faux-teleportation through sub light speed movement. This is achieved by compressing space in front and behind the user which are then violently decompressed. Minor effects include being able to induce light shift and the Doppler effect, but who cares about that.

This would be the primary reason for spatial compression to be considered taboo. Unlike the other forms of compressed space, negative compressed space creates a vacuum that compensates for the contracted space, pulling in more and more matter into the space. This creates a phenomenon similar to that of a gravitation singularity. As matter is pulled in, its energy is consumed not even with-holding from subatomic bonds, reducing it to constituent elements. If you know about My Hero Academia, negative compressed space is pretty much a more dangerous version of Thirteen's Black Hole power.

Here we go, this is why I wanted to go through OOC banter. So, ready for the question storm?
  • Is it possible to discharge/send out magic power without an array?
    • It's given in a lot of magic systems that work with arrays channeling power that channeling more or less magic power than the array is made for into the array makes the spell misfire or completely fail altogether. Is that true here, as well?
    • Would discharged magic power that lacks given instruction affect the environment it's in in any way, like making nearby humans uncomfortable or raising the temperature?
  • Since Magic power = Vitality, would exhausting all of it kill you or incapacitate you?
    • Would a healthy man or a healthy woman have more magic power? I've seen it said that they're equal in natural vitality, I've seen it said that they're equal but men tend to be higher because they normally train their bodies more than women, and I've seen it argued that women are monsters that are built to go through this demonic ritual called childbirth and thus are worlds ahead of men.
    • What are the symptoms leading up to hitting zero?
    • If it does kill, what is the death most like? Starvation? Dehydration? The brain boiling over from overwork?
    • How fast does magic power recover, and does your health affect the speed?
    • Would damaging someone damage their magic power, even without having any feature of the damage be against magic power?
  • Geometric magic - taking an ingenious idea from FMA, is it possible for a mage to pre-inscribe arrays into things like clothes or tools and reuse said array since it's permanently engraved? If so, would this almost invalidate the need for a chant since most of the reason given for a chant is that it builds an instant temp array?
  • Does the array actually influence the magic at all? Typically it's a formula for the spell's result with shapes and runes determining variables and purpose, but you said the more intricate the design the better, which wouldn't be the case if the array had full influence in the results.
  • You've presented 3 categories of magic here, but from other descriptions you've offered (using wind to create a vortex or force to compress an enemy) and my own assumption I'm guessing that the twenty-one magic spells under the three categories are just sub categories and not actual spells, am I right?
  • If that's not the case, is a spell's type really determined by purpose and outcome? You could easily change one variable in a healing spell and, while keeping the spell structure of one, bring about the decay of tissue. It's using the formula of healing, but the intent and result is destruction.
  • Why isn't Revive a part of Necromancy?
  • Is it like Akashic where chants are a matter of intention and correlation?
This is all I have for now.

Time to answer the list of questions!

Q1: Is it possible to discharge/send out magic power without an array?

A1: Yes, Charms do not require an array. For other magic, no. However, I may allow magic to be cast without an array in the future, if plot reasons allow it.

Q2: It's given in a lot of magic systems that work with arrays channeling power that channeling more or less magic power than the array is made for into the array makes the spell misfire or completely fail altogether. Is that true here, as well?

A2: The Array acts as a guideline for the spell's resources. It's impossible to cast more than the set guideline and resources. Therefore, you're correct. If one casts less or more than the guidelines, the spell will fail. If it's less than the spell won't work. If it's more than the guidelines then the spell may produce something destructive due to excess magic.

Q3: Would discharged magic power that lacks given instruction affect the environment it's in in any way, like making nearby humans uncomfortable or raising the temperature?

A3: Magic energy can affect the environment, if it's in large amounts. For example, let's say a copious amount of magic energy, or about 1000 human lives worth of magic energy appeared out of nowhere in some village. That would definitely affect a village, but I'm not certain what the effects would entail unless we specified the effects. I would have to do a little more brainstorming on that concept. If it's a specific discharged magic, such as 1000 human lives worth of blizzard magic, then yes it will drastically change a village into a tundra. Depending on one's ability to sense magic, discharged magic energy will affect sensitive magic sensors.

Q4: Since Magic power = Vitality, would exhausting all of it kill you or incapacitate you?

A4: For now, it's unlikely to exhaust every ounce of magic energy out of one's body, unless they were able to go beyond their own limits. Once a person's magic energy reaches their limit, they'll be incapacitated until they recover their magic energy. A person's limit is different for everyone. If someone were to go beyond their limits, they will definitely die. However, that requires a strong enough will power to overpower one's own limit.

Q5: Would a healthy man or a healthy woman have more magic power?

A5: There are many factors that affect an individual's magic energy. Health is just one factor, but healthier individuals definitely have more magic energy. I cannot say that men on average or women on average are greater than the other gender. It's a case by case basis on each individual person.

Q6: What are the symptoms leading up to hitting zero?

A6: The symptoms depend on each individual's health. I'll try to measure what the symptoms are like for each of these types: Low, Average, High, and Legendary reserves of magic energy. There are other factors too such as magic energy efficiency and what not, but I'll just focus on magic energy alone. I don't know what the points truly measure, but hopefully they get my point across.

Scale
1. Fine
2. Moderately Fine
3. Slightly Fine
4. Slightly Tired
5. Moderately Tired
6. Tired (This is the Limit for most people)
7. Exhausted
8. Drained + Dead (Zero Magic Energy)

Ian = Low Magic Energy
Ash = Average Magic Energy
Pam = High Magic Energy
Leo = Legendary Magic Energy

1. After using 0 Points of Magic Energy = Ian, Ash, Pam, and Leo feel fine.
2. After using 10 Points of Magic Energy = Ian feels moderately fine; Ash, Pam, and Leo feel fine.
3. After using 20 Points of Magic Energy = Ian feels slightly fine; Ash feels moderately fine; Pam and Leo feel fine.
4. After using 30 Points of Magic Energy = Ian feels slightly tired; Ash feels slightly fine; Pam feels moderately fine; and Leo feels fine.
5. After using 40 Points of Magic Energy = Ian feels moderately tired; ash feels slightly tired; Pam feels slightly fine; and Leo feels moderately fine.
6. After using 50 Points of Magic Energy = Ian feels Tired; Ash Feels Moderately Tired; Pam feels Slightly Tired; and Leo feels Slightly Fine.
7. After using 60 Points of Magic Energy = Ian feels Exhausted; Ash Feels Tired; Pam Feels Moderately Tired; and Leo feels Slightly tired.
8. After using 70 points of Magic Energy = Ian feels Drained and Ian's Dead; Ash Feels Exhausted; Pam Feels Tired; and Leo feels Moderately Tired.
9. After using 80 Points of Magic Energy = Ash feels Drained and Ash's Dead; Pam Feels Exhausted; and Leo feels Tired.
10. After using 90 points of Magic Energy = Pam feels Drained and Pam's Dead; Leo feels Exhausted.
11. After using 100 points of Magic Energy = Leo feels Drained and Leo's Dead.

Q7: If it does kill, what is the death most like? Starvation? Dehydration? The brain boiling over from overwork?

A7: If someone's able to go beyond their limits, their body will begin to deteriorate as they cast more spells. Since the body's using all its energy on magic alone, the body simply ceases functions, which may lead to brain damage, organ failure, etc. In order to gather nutrients your body will eat itself, similar to someone experiencing starvation/dehydration. One example is Lee from Naruto during the fight with Gaara. I'll send you a video link, if you've never seen it, otherwise, search Lee Vs. Gaara.

Q8: How fast does magic power recover, and does your health affect the speed?

A8: A healthier person can recover their magic energy more quickly than someone sick with a fever. I would say it takes about an hour to recharge 15 percent of one's energy, if they're doing nothing too intensive. If they're sleeping, they can recharge 35 percent of one's energy per hour. If they're actively doing something, it's about 5 percent of one's energy. However, Magic Energy recovery depends on other factors as well.

Q9: Would damaging someone damage their magic power, even without having any feature of the damage be against magic power?

A9: Although magic energy is connected to vitality, being damaged does not necessarily instantly damage one's own magic power, unless the damage is extremely severe. This is due to the time it takes for your body to register that it needs to utilize its magic energy for repairing the body. In short, damage may hinder magic energy usage.

Q10: Geometric magic - taking an ingenious idea from FMA, is it possible for a mage to pre-inscribe arrays into things like clothes or tools and reuse said array since it's permanently engraved?

A10: Yes, it is possible to do that, but your character will be limited in the spells they can cast, since each spell requires their own unique array.

Q11: If so, would this almost invalidate the need for a chant since most of the reason given for a chant is that it builds an instant temp array?

A11: No it does not invalidate the chant, since chants are necessary for casting spells. It will only shorten the chant time, since you don't need to spend time chanting an array for a spell, similar to a charm.

Q12: Does the array actually influence the magic at all?

A12: The array acts as a guideline/portal for where the spell's cast from. To clarify on the more intricate design part: A detailed array allows for greater effects and abilities in one's spell. For example, a lightning bolt will shoot straight out of an ordinary array, but add a few more designs to the array, and the lightning bolt can become longer, or have a greater voltage. Every detail on the array shapes the spell.

Q13: You've presented 3 categories of magic here, but from other descriptions you've offered (using wind to create a vortex or force to compress an enemy) and my own assumption I'm guessing that the twenty-one magic spells under the three categories are just sub categories and not actual spells, am I right?

A13: The categories are to keep a list of what I currently connect the spell types with, to make it easier for organization. You're correct, the magic listed in the categories are types of magic, not actual spells.

Q14: If that's not the case, is a spell's type really determined by purpose and outcome?

A14: Since it was the case in Q13, I won't answer the question.

Q15: Why isn't Revive a part of Necromancy?

A15: Revive will be something different than raising the dead. Revive will basically create a copy of another individual rather than actually resurrecting someone's soul and original body. I just call it Revive due to Akashic Records influence.

Q16: Is it like Akashic where chants are a matter of intention and correlation?

A16: Yep. Chants will determine the array as well as how the spell works.

If I didn't answer your questions clearly, or if this brought on more questions, feel free to ask. I truly appreciate your questions, since they've made me rethink several things.

Q12: Does the array actually influence the magic at all?

A12: The array acts as a guideline/portal for where the spell's cast from. To clarify on the more intricate design part: A detailed array allows for greater effects and abilities in one's spell. For example, a lightning bolt will shoot straight out of an ordinary array, but add a few more designs to the array, and the lightning bolt can become longer, or have a greater voltage. Every detail on the array shapes the spell.
Hai~

Okay, so one thing: the array being more detailed gives the possibility to have funky extras like lengthening the bolt, but doesn't actually force it to happen, right? Since you used 'can' and said a chant is still necessary with geometric magic, I'm guessing that's why a chant would still be necessary; to decide whether or not it will do certain things that it can do.

I lied, there is another thing. Since going a little under or over would cause the magic to fail, it's totally plausible to use an extremely weak charm to pour, like, .00001 magic power into someone else's array and watch the fireworks if you're fast enough, right?

Agh, keep thinking of things. Is it possible to pre-load a geometric array with magic power and, say an hour later, remote activate it with a chant? Or is delay remote magic as simple as setting a time/target variable in a spell and activating it, letting it progress through it's effects when the variable conditions are met?

Mmmmm, I'd like to know more about other countries you have planned other than Legant. Stuff like their form of government, relation with other countries, economy, stance on magic (like maybe they're not as constraining about magic research or whatever), size, population, resources, environment, etc.

Other than that an overview on the combat system would be neat!

Your explanation of the magic system is much appreciated, I think I got a better grasp of what to expect. As for the power itself, I've had it in the works for a long time actually, basing it on wacky theoretical physics. If anything I guess it'd be a variation of force magic. Of course, I'll super tailor it to your specifications since it was originally made for another setting. Well anyway, lemme give you a rundown of the original specifications.

So let's start off assuming compressed space can exist in three forms: neutral, positive, and negative

Neutral compressed space acts just as that, compressed space. There are no reactive forces in this situation, so you can say this acts a sort of pocket dimension. Inside of the space, matter can be stored without disturbing the object's molecular integrity or degrading it, allowing tons of junk to be carried around covertly and without strain. The user can also enter the space in order to seemingly disappear on the spot. The best analogy I have for this is hammerspace you encounter in video games. This will be the primary form of compressed space my character'll use while at Jalder under the guise of summoning or teleportation according to your list.

Positive compressed space implies that the space is energy rich, allowing various applications. First off, the reactive force that's generated from decompressing space acts as a vector, allowing him to repel objects in front of him. So this is pretty much what I assume standard force magic will be, aside from this being a reaction rather than action. Secondly, the compressed space may affect a pre-existing energy that enters its field. Upon decompressing against the aforementioned energy, the vector may inhibit or halt the energy. This aspect is a bit iffy cause I've been in a couple of RP's where this sort of power is not allowed due to BS it may entail, but I hope you trust me to be mature about it c:. alsoyougotabattlesystemsomaybeit'llbefineanyway. The last expression of positive compressed space I have planned is faux-teleportation through sub light speed movement. This is achieved by compressing space in front and behind the user which are then violently decompressed. Minor effects include being able to induce light shift and the Doppler effect, but who cares about that.

This would be the primary reason for spatial compression to be considered taboo. Unlike the other forms of compressed space, negative compressed space creates a vacuum that compensates for the contracted space, pulling in more and more matter into the space. This creates a phenomenon similar to that of a gravitation singularity. As matter is pulled in, its energy is consumed not even with-holding from subatomic bonds, reducing it to constituent elements. If you know about My Hero Academia, negative compressed space is pretty much a more dangerous version of Thirteen's Black Hole power.

As of this time, I don't have any information on the other countries, so feel free to offer any suggestions, and we can compromise how the country relates with the Legant Empire. For the Legant Empire, here's a list:

Form of Government: Monarchy with a Council of Powerful Nobles.
Relation With Other Countries: I'll work on this.
Economy: Military Conquests. Oil, Ore, and Magic are the three big ones. I'll see what else makes sense for the Legant Empire's economy.
Stance on Magic: Heavily Favored; however, some spells such as Necromancy are considered taboo.
Size: 1/6th of the Kovolo Continent
Population: Around 40 Million.
Resources: Factories, Military Arms, and Mines.
Environment: Industrial with a few countryside places.

The combat system is pretty simplistic. Everyone will have a blood level and magic energy bar. Blood level determines the amount of undamaged blood in a character, while magic energy determines the amount of magic energy in one's character. Once a character reaches a certain blood level or magic energy level, they'll be knocked out from the fight, or dead.

1. When fighting against a low leveled NPC, I'll leave it up to the role player's to decide whether the character's successful, or not.
2. When fighting against a difficult NPC, I, the GM, will use dice to determine whether a character's actions were successful, or not. Against a difficult NPC, I expect role player's to use attempts for their character, such as, "Roland sought to strike his opponent with a successfully launched fireball."
3. When fighting against another role player's character, I, the GM, will use dice and/or my own intuition to determine character's actions, only if the role player who's character was struck doesn't state that their opponent's character was successful in their action. Against another roleplayer's character, I expect attempts rather than auto-hitting.
4. I'll notify in my posts, if an NPC is low leveled, or difficult.
5. Power level isn't just magic energy and strength. It will also include strategy, the surroundings, current conditions for each character, etc. Therefore, a weaker character can win against a powerful opponent, if they plan their actions carefully.

Therefore, an action is determined by the victim accepting the action, a dice from the GM, or the GM's intuition. My goal isn't to make combat complex, but rather to make it fair in a simple manner. I may change up the combat system, but that's what I'm going for.

Now onto your spatial magic.

For neutral compressed acts, I think summoning will best fit that description. However, summoning magic costs a lot of magic energy just to bring out a hammer. For an easier alterative, I recommend alchemy specifically transmutation, if you want to pull out a hammer from out of nowhere. Teleportation is easier to learn, so that's a possibility, but you can only transport items affected by your array.

For positive acts, repelling an object closely follows force magic the most. Vector manipulation can work as nullify magic, if it lands on the opponent's actions, or spells. If you're thinking of reflecting the spell back, barrier magic would work best. Your character, as they progress, can learn a powerful empower spell that increases their speed to the point, where it's not visible by the human eye.

If you want something similar to a black hole, force magic, or wind magic will work best for pulling people to a specific destination.

Hopefully, I answered your questions. It's difficult for me, since I'm not familiar with Spatial Compression.

Hai~

Okay, so one thing: the array being more detailed gives the possibility to have funky extras like lengthening the bolt, but doesn't actually force it to happen, right? Since you used 'can' and said a chant is still necessary with geometric magic, I'm guessing that's why a chant would still be necessary; to decide whether or not it will do certain things that it can do.

I lied, there is another thing. Since going a little under or over would cause the magic to fail, it's totally plausible to use an extremely weak charm to pour, like, .00001 magic power into someone else's array and watch the fireworks if you're fast enough, right?

Agh, keep thinking of things. Is it possible to pre-load a geometric array with magic power and, say an hour later, remote activate it with a chant? Or is delay remote magic as simple as setting a time/target variable in a spell and activating it, letting it progress through it's effects when the variable conditions are met?

Q1: Okay, so one thing: the array being more detailed gives the possibility to have funky extras like lengthening the bolt, but doesn't actually force it to happen, right?

A1: Yes, you're correct. Think of it like arithmetic. You have your numbers set up, but until you plug them into a calculator, or calculate them, you don't get an answer. Chants are necessary to cast the spell. The arrays just build the spell's properties.

Q2: Since going a little under or over would cause the magic to fail, it's totally plausible to use an extremely weak charm to pour, like, .00001 magic power into someone else's array and watch the fireworks if you're fast enough, right?

A2: That's an interesting point. That can work, if the array's barrier is weak enough. The outer Geometric shapes of an array act as a barrier against weak manipulation, since they're the guidelines. The magic would have to be powerful enough to break through the barrier, if it were to change the spell.

Q3: Is it possible to pre-load a geometric array with magic power and, say an hour later, remote activate it with a chant?

A3: Rather than going through trouble of creating a geometric array, it'd be easier to transfer magic energy into a device that you can set to detonate in an hour. Or even better, create a bomb with your own magic energy and alchemy. You could connect it to a charm under a ley line too. A chant can remote activate it as well, but you'd need time to form a ley line (communication with a bomb) in comparison to a charm. Also, a pre-loaded geometric array is more prone to manipulation since it's a physical entity rather than a magical one, unless you cast a barrier over the array.

Q4: Or is delay remote magic as simple as setting a time/target variable in a spell and activating it, letting it progress through it's effects when the variable conditions are met?

A4: Yep, you can time certain spell, if you set it up that way with your magic energy. However, there are countermeasures against this. If someone discovers your ley line, they can disrupt the bomb, or if someone senses the stored magic energy, they can determine it's a bomb. Absorption magic can disarm remote magic bombs as well.

Thanks for the additional questions. You're really making me work to ensure this RP will be great.

Wow. This looks to be a really cool RP. The thought of mixing roles and such definitely add much more fun and potential to the plot i must say. Another thing that intersted me was the fact that i can create a battle mage. Honestly that's my favorite type of mage, along side a white supporting mage. I'm pretty interested in this so if you'll have me i shall join.

Wow. This looks to be a really cool RP. The thought of mixing roles and such definitely add much more fun and potential to the plot i must say. Another thing that intersted me was the fact that i can create a battle mage. Honestly that's my favorite type of mage, along side a white supporting mage. I'm pretty interested in this so if you'll have me i shall join.

There's no limit yet, so there's definitely room for you. Feel free to get started on a character sheet or communicate with the others in the OOC chat. I'm glad the role plays concepts are interesting. If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask.

Is there anything you want to see in the role play, such as particular scenarios, settings, or themes?

There's no limit yet, so there's definitely room for you. Feel free to get started on a character sheet or communicate with the others in the OOC chat. I'm glad the role plays concepts are interesting. If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask.

Is there anything you want to see in the role play, such as particular scenarios, settings, or themes?

Fantastic! I'll be sure to get started on that character sheet once I've read through the encyclopedia a bit. Right now i don't have any questions, especially after reading through this entire interest check forum. You are pretty thorough. Of course i'll bring up any questions i may gain if i do.

As for scenarios, settings, or themes. Hmm i'm not too sure. I know i get hyped when there is a tournament arc, especially when it's the students that are fighting one another to show their rankings and prestige to others. The teachers over watching it as it goes on, along with possible recruiters for the military to see if any students peek their interest. It could also be a good place for some of the Scholars of Gnosis to interfere or to just watch and plan. Maybe it's just me but i think it would be cool to do something like this that allows for everyone to participate in the same area.

Fantastic! I'll be sure to get started on that character sheet once I've read through the encyclopedia a bit. Right now i don't have any questions, especially after reading through this entire interest check forum. You are pretty thorough. Of course i'll bring up any questions i may gain if i do.

As for scenarios, settings, or themes. Hmm i'm not too sure. I know i get hyped when there is a tournament arc, especially when it's the students that are fighting one another to show their rankings and prestige to others. The teachers over watching it as it goes on, along with possible recruiters for the military to see if any students peek their interest. It could also be a good place for some of the Scholars of Gnosis to interfere or to just watch and plan. Maybe it's just me but i think it would be cool to do something like this that allows for everyone to participate in the same area.

The encyclopedia thread doesn't have much information as of now, but I'll add stuff before the roleplay begins.

Regarding a tournament arc, I'll likely add that idea in, depending how the role play goes. We still need to train our characters, otherwise, the tournament will have everyone doing basic magic. I plan to have all my events involve all factions and hopefully every character too, but that depends on the characters motives and personality.

What type of character concept are you hoping to create? Do any factions and roles stick out at you?

Yeah haha, the arc would really need to come later i suppose. The crowd would be seriously bored if it was just a bunch of snot nosed kids attacking each other with basic magic. XD
As for MY character concept. I'm thinking of more of an older strict man that is a teacher that offers guidance to the younger generation but is secretly in the Specint Mage Corps. As for personality and such, well i'll just have to develop that in the character sheet.

Yeah haha, the arc would really need to come later i suppose. The crowd would be seriously bored if it was just a bunch of snot nosed kids attacking each other with basic magic. XD
As for MY character concept. I'm thinking of more of an older strict man that is a teacher that offers guidance to the younger generation but is secretly in the Specint Mage Corps. As for personality and such, well i'll just have to develop that in the character sheet.

Interesting choice of roles. I can't wait to read their personality. I wonder how he'll interact with the students.

3. My word is law.
9x3_givemeliberty.png

on a serious note, school rps are a big no no for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back