• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Kingsword Will Stand [OOC]

Solution for Posting Order

• 1. People can post 2-3 times before everyone gets a turn

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • 2. People can post 2-3 times before everyone gets a turn, wait at least 5 hours between posts

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • 3. We Make A Posting Order

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Other (PM Me :))

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Aww Caff, you know we got your back. And I'm sure we can all relate to therapeutically processing emotions through creative outlets ^^
I never want to be the person who takes it for granted, so you will likely get sick of me saying "thank you". (How very Canadian of me).

Haha I'm the same way (though isn't the Canadian stereotype saying 'sorry' too much? )
That too. we have to say it at least 9 times a day to maintain our Canadian citizenship. In general, the stereotype is being nice. It's the the most prevalent comment I've gotten from everyone from the US to visit here, especially the film crews. "OMG you are all SO nice, here! And SO polite!"

That too. we have to say it at least 9 times a day to maintain our Canadian citizenship. In general, the stereotype is being nice. It's the the most prevalent comment I've gotten from everyone from the US to visit here, especially the film crews. "OMG you are all SO nice, here! And SO polite!"
You know what I find most funny about that stereotype? It's that it comes from people in the US who, by saying that about Canadians, are essentially saying that they're assholes themselves xD

You know what I find most funny about that stereotype? It's that it comes from people in the US who, by saying that about Canadians, are essentially saying that they're assholes themselves xD
Ha ha! XD True.

Let me know when your new RP is up. Writing is therapy for me, so when I have time, I do it. I know I've said this a lot, but you and Ayama have been amazing over the past months of struggle, and I have no words to describe how grateful I am for both of you.
Lots of love to you and your family ❤️❤️❤️

Hello! I'm new on this site, and just getting back into RPing. Would be happy to pick up the Sorceress.

Hi I,m interested in your rp what should I play maybe a master swordsman and fencer.
The bard (new character) and the male Druid (already created and needing a new player) are up for grabs. It looks like both the Fallen Heir and Sorceress are spoken for.

I would be intrigued in joining as The Fallen Heir.
Welcome!

Hello! I'm new on this site, and just getting back into RPing. Would be happy to pick up the Sorceress.
Welcome! Take a look at Marnie's CS and what's been written so far. Any one of us will be happy to help with questions.

The bard (new character) and the male Druid (already created and needing a new player) are up for grabs. It looks like both the Fallen Heir and Sorceress are spoken for.

Welcome!

Welcome! Take a look at Marnie's CS and what's been written so far. Any one of us will be happy to help with questions.

Thanks! I'm a little confused with the timeline. On Marnie's CS, it says that her village is pillaged in her teens(and she's 84 yrs old now). But in your post(#40), Selone is pillaged 3 years ago.

If it's the elf definition of 3 years, wouldn't she still be a teen within that timeframe?

Also, has there been a description of what kind of sorcery Marnie can use? The character sheet is pretty vague. I'm cool with fleshing the details out, just don't want to step on anything that's been established that I've missed.

ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe Feel free to message if you have any questions about the Fallen Heir ^^

DeepBlue DeepBlue Welcome and welcome back! ^^ You are definitely free to flesh out Marnie's sorcery, though I wouldn't recommend making it too specific, as she is our only sorcerer. The main requirement I would see for her magic is not crossing over too much with the druids' magic (Agathon is elemental, Antigone is plants & animals) or Aenwyn's (which is healing). Other than that, go nuts!

In terms of the timeline, I think both Caffeinated Joy Caffeinated Joy and viloxii viloxii would be happy to help flesh things out. Something like:

-700 years ago, Kalais was split
-x years ago, the Red Hand took over
-y years ago, Vail was born
-z years ago, Selone was destroyed

And whatever other majorly relevant events should go in there, so we're all on the same page and it checks out with all the characters' ages.

C chaykec Welcome! As Caff mentioned, those are our two open spots so, if you're down to take on our lovely druid, you could definitely also make a Bard who's a master swordsman. With you being new to the site and all though, we would need to vet profiles and writing style, just to make sure you're a good fit with the rest of the cast and players; the good vibe we have in this RP is mostly due to our personal and writing cohesion and how we complement and work off of each other ^^

Thanks! I'm a little confused with the timeline. On Marnie's CS, it says that her village is pillaged in her teens(and she's 84 yrs old now). But in your post(#40), Selone is pillaged 3 years ago.

If it's the elf definition of 3 years, wouldn't she still be a teen within that timeframe?

Also, has there been a description of what kind of sorcery Marnie can use? The character sheet is pretty vague. I'm cool with fleshing the details out, just don't want to step on anything that's been established that I've missed.
Give me a bit and I'll help you out. I'm just making something to eat. (I'm forgetting something. What am I forgetting? ~stomach growls~ Right! Food!)

OK, for all who need it, here is a brief timeline. Some of the names herein may or may not be known to characters.

• 776 years ago – King Eldrich Altaine has a son, Ardreth Altaine
  • 720 years ago – Prince Ardreth is brothed to Lady Luirlan Featherrest
  • 700 Years ago – a rebel uprising results in the death of King Eldrich. It's not known if Ardreth and his bethroded were killed or fled. Rumour relating to both run rampant. Reality, they fled, wed and have relocated several times over the years, changing their names each time. All of their assumed identifications and locations can be found here . A lot happens between 700 years ago and 299 yeas ago, which will be revealed in the RP. *mysterious smile is mysterious*
  • 299 Year ago – They settle into an elven village in Selone, Alchiba, as Aubric & Aisling Fairfax. Aubric builds a persona as a retired military man, and Aisling, who always had a gift for weaving and stitching, builds a persona as a weaver of fabrics. They eventually find contentment in their lives.
  • 84 Years ago – Vail is born. He is not told anything of his family or his family history outside of "See those mountains?" Aubric points, "That's home." Aubric teaches his son everything he knows of fighting and strategy, knowing, as the political climate in the 3 kingdoms grows increasingly bleak, Vail will need it. He’s given the kind of education usually only reserved for nobility. Just in case. He knows he will have to tell Vail everything one day, but isn't sure how or when.
  • 3 Years ago – Selone is attacked and destroyed. Vail will reveal to everyone what he experienced that day shortly. To the best of his knowlege, he and Marnie are the only survivors.
  • Current day –Everyone arrives in Tiamat, Morava. Vail's been carrying around his father's journal for the last three years, and hadn't read it. Too much trauma. At Nimue's urging (via Antigone), he reads the first few pages of his father's journal and discovers he is the True Sovereign.
Elven Aging

It's weird. They age normally up to about 13 years old, then slow down and have a montrously long puberty until about 80 or so. This explains why Vail can seem a wise old elf in one breath, and a typical young adult in the next. Then their aging will slow even more, until they (physically) reach their mid to late 20s, where it will stop for centuries. They will start to show their old age at about 700 or so years of age (strands of white/silvery hair, very very faint lines). They don't ever get as wrinkled as a human would, and elven life expectancy is between 800 - 1000 years.

Marnie

Marnie and Vail are *very* close friends. They hadn't ever confessed their feelings to one another and have been dancing around that particular elephant in the middle of the room since they reunited. Marnie is a half elf (as far as she knows), but HumbugPie and I had speculated her mother had possibly been 1/4 elf herself without knowing it, which would explain her appearing more elf than half elf.

As for her magic, it was never hammered out. Being a water elf, it would stand to reason at least some of her magic would revolve around the water, but feel free to flesh it out.

OK....I think that's it? Did I miss anything?

Last edited:
OK, for all who need it, here is a brief timeline. Some of the names herein may or may not be known to characters.

• 776 years ago – King Eldrich Altaine has a son, Ardreth Altaine
  • 720 years ago – Prince Ardreth is brothed to Lady Luirlan Featherrest
  • 700 Years ago – a rebel uprising results in the death of King Eldrich. It's not known if Ardreth and his bethroded were killed or fled. Rumour relating to both run rampant. Reality, they fled, wed and have relocated several times over the years, changing their names each time. All of their assumed identifications and locations can be found here. A lot happens between 700 years ago and 299 yeas ago, which will be revealed in the RP. *mysterious smile is mysterious*
  • 299 Year ago – They settle into an elven village in Selone, Alchiba, as Aubric & Aisling Fairfax. Aubric builds a persona as a retired military man, and Aisling, who always had a gift for weaving and stitching, builds a persona as a weaver of fabrics. They eventually find contentment in their lives.
  • 84 Years ago – Vail is born. He is not told anything of his family or his family history outside of "See those mountains?" Aubric points, "That's home." Aubric teaches his son everything he knows of fighting and strategy, knowing, as the political climate in the 3 kingdoms grows increasingly bleak, Vail will need it. He’s given the kind of education usually only reserved for nobility. Just in case. He knows he will have to tell Vail everything one day, but isn't sure how or when.
  • 3 Years ago – Selone is attacked and destroyed. Vail will reveal to everyone what he experienced that day shortly. To the best of his knowlege, he and Marnie are the only survivors.
  • Current day –Everyone arrives in Tiamat, Morava. Vail's been carrying around his father's journal for the last three years, and hadn't read it. Too much trauma. At Nimue's urging (via Antigone), he reads the first few pages of his father's journal and discovers he is the True Sovereign.
Elven Aging

It's weird. They age normally up to about 13 years old, then slow down and have a montrously long puberty until about 80 or so. This explains why Vail can seem a wise old elf in one breath, and a typical young adult in the next. Then their aging will slow even more, until they reach their mid to late 20s, where it will stop for centuries. They will start to show their old age at about 700 or so years of age (strands of white/silvery hair, very very faint lines). They don't ever get as wrinkled as a human would, and elven life expectancy is between 800 - 1000 years.

Marnie

Marnie and Vail are *very* close friends. They hadn't ever confessed their feelings to one another and have been dancing around that particular elephant in the middle of the room since they reunited. Marnie is a half elf (as far as she knows), but HumbugPie and I had speculated her mother had possibly been 1/4 elf herself without knowing it, which would explain her appearing more elf than half elf.

As for her magic, it was never hammered out. Being a water elf, it would stand to reason at least some of her magic would revolve around the water, but feel free to flesh it out.

OK....I think that's it? Did I miss anything?
That's awesome- super helpful!
(I totally thought the massacre of Selone happened in their childhood ^^" )

That's awesome- super helpful!
(I totally thought the massacre of Selone happened in their childhood ^^" )
Not quite their childhood. It's mentioned in Vail's first post that it's been almost 3 years since his village was attacked. :) I'm glad you find it helpful. I've had a detailed timeline for the last 700 years of Vail's family for a while. I can always add things to this timeline as they are revealed.

Fixed the link in the timeline to the correct post because I am a derpy derp.

Thanks! This is really helpful.

Marnie is a half elf (as far as she knows), but HumbugPie and I had speculated her mother had possibly been 1/4 elf herself without knowing it, which would explain her appearing more elf than half elf.
This would make sense, if her mother were still alive and she's already 84. Is there anything in her backstory that hasn't been revealed, or future plotlines that I should be aware of? Can talk over PM or Discord message for privacy.

This would make sense, if her mother were still alive and she's already 84. Is there anything in her backstory that hasn't been revealed, or future plotlines that I should be aware of? Can talk over PM or Discord message for privacy.
Myara: Psh, elves and their secrets -grumpy eyeroll-

I'll send you a PM. :)

Myara: I can actually- Pointy Ears are the worst ~half-smirk~
Vail: *playful shove* Say that again, the next time you want my pointy ears to listen to something your round ears can't.

Vail: *playful shove* Say that again, the next time you want my pointy ears to listen to something your round ears can't.
Myara: -crosses arms and grumbles- Damn Pointy Ears always being so high and mighty...
-wanders off to find Aenwyn and get a drink, not realizing the contradiction- ;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back