• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Institute - A Found Family Metahuman RP

Owl Knight

Don't let it ruffle your feathers, my liege.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
The Institute - A Found Family Metahuman RP

• cover22_butalism_no_headline.jpgIn upstate New York, in a remote area near the town of Springdale, stands the unremarkable brutalist façade of the Arden research institute, a privately run scientific research center funded by the reclusive billionaire, Hezekiah Arden.

The research center operates independently, and little is known about the inner workings of the organization.

Little does anyone know, but the institute's unassuming exterior masks one of the most advanced scientific laboratories in the world. And within the confines of this highly secured laboratory, an experiment of world changing scale has been taking place.

Across the country, in small towns and out of the way places, a collection of teenagers have disappeared. Their disappearances have gone largely unnoticed as many came from broken or challenging homes, or were known to be runaways and delinquents. In many of the cases, the parents of the missing teens are found dead of mysterious heart attacks, carbon dioxide leaks, house fires, or car accidents. The authorities have not noticed the connection between these cases.

In reality, these teens have been captured by agents working on behalf of the Arden research institute. They have been forced against their will into three months of genetic experimentation to unlock the evolutionary potential in their biology. They will be the first genetically engineered metahumans.

----

You will play as one of these young adults, who band together to escape the institute and form a found family as they flee the agents of the institute and try to find a safe haven.

Last edited:
Submit characters here!

Owl Knight Owl Knight interested! Quick question. Could I make it where her father was swimming in debt and, in a last-ditch effort to escape from it, he sold her to the institute? The institute can still kill him if you want the parents being dead to be built into the story, but I thought I'd ask first!

Owl Knight Owl Knight interested! Quick question. Could I make it where her father was swimming in debt and, in a last-ditch effort to escape from it, he sold her to the institute? The institute can still kill him if you want the parents being dead to be built into the story, but I thought I'd ask first!
That's an interesting idea, but I think I would say that it doesn't work only because the Institute is suuuuper secret, so there would be no way for him to contact them and make the offer.

Maybe he was in deep gambling debt so the Institute made his death look like a mob hit?

Ahh that makes sense! I'll write up a different backstory since it was really just for a little flavor ^^

I'm going to collect a few more character sheets and then write the starter post. Get them to the character list for approval as soon as possible:

Hey all. If you are still interested, get me your character sheets soon. I'll be working on the first post of the RP threat soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back