• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Illustrious Estate of Lord Solberg v3 - In Character

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Bianca muttered a quick 'thank you' towards Jasmine as she received her tea. Bianca lifted the cup to her lips and took a short sip. She almost spat out her tea at the mention of her father, the idea of him accompanying her to their last business meeting flashed through her mind. "Please, my father couldn't handle a business meeting, let alone one involving the Solbergs. I usually end up accompanying him or he just sends me on my own," She paused to take another drink from her teacup. "How long, exactly, is a while?"

She found it unnecessary to have to wait that long for a simple response. Spending the night in the mansion of her supposed enemies was a huge change in atmosphere, judging by how just a month ago, she would have never considered coming to speak to any member of the family. Now here she was, having tea with them. Bianca felt an unnerving shift in the atmosphere and saw that an elderly man had revealed himself from Julius's shadow. "Oh dear, today just isn't his day, is it?" She snickered, lifting the teacup to hide her amusement.

Mentions: User User

"Apologies Master Julius." Alfred stroked his beard, willing his shadows to aid him up. Either the man had gotten heavier, or Alfred had gotten weaker. His money was on the later. "As a servant of the estate, it is my duty and privilege to ensure your security. I just didn't anticipate Lord Klarion's perception in the matter." The retired butler figured his newly crowned lord would have gotten used to his stealthy arrival like his siblings. But Julius was always one to lose track of things, being lost in his nuanced reveries. He was most definitely a work in progress in terms of leadership, but Alfred knew he had it in him. After all, he served lords more taxing than him. Apparently a Lunatonne was visiting the estate. They used to be a go-to target of his thieving escapades in his formative years. He stole from them a lot, but the mansion was so large that no one ever took notice. This one had a keen eye about her though. But then again, those days were far behind the ancient man.

Mentions: Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon Tiramiisu Tiramiisu L LadyLuckTakeTheWheel

[class=Notes]
//The background image//
[/class]

giphy.gif

[class=Notes]
//the image in the cirlce and the border//
[/class]

[class=Notes]
//the transparent with background and the border and below is the text//
[/class]

The Solberg son exploded into laughter at his brother's expense, "You...he-" He couldn't get the words out between heaving breaths and giggles. There were tears in his eyes. He flicked them away and they insantly evapourated upon contact with his finger, "Oh dear brother, you amuse me so." He stifled his inane giggles but had great trouble doing so. Klarion didn't exactly know why he found it so amusing but something about his brother's expression completely set him off. The crimson boy put his arms behind his head, "Come on now, how long does it take to drink tea?" He quipped. He sighed with such over exaggeration, he tipped back slightly in his chair, "I've got places to be, people to fight."

[class=Notes]
//Below is the purple box and the content meant for tags//
[/class]
Interacting:
Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon

Located:

Mentioned:

code by @AgWordSmith

[class=background] width:600px; height:360px; margin:auto; margin:center; background:url('http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RKB1d4DQMb0/UbidBypAG7I/AAAAAAAABBg/o5pHQ_icCOs/s1600/Sky%20Anime%20Landscape%2029.jpg'); background-size:100%; [/class] [class=textbox] width:300px; height:300px; padding:5px; overflow:hidden; overflow:auto; font:Times New Roman; font-size:12px; background:white; border:1px solid #dddddd; opacity:0.8; margin-left:-50px; [/class] [class=minibox] width:70px; height:40px; padding:10px; font:Karla; font-size:11px; text-align:right; background:white; border:1px solid #dddddd; opacity:0.5; margin-left:510px; margin-top:-60px; [/class] [class=credits] max-width:600px; margin:auto; font: Heebo; font-size: 10px; opacity:0.3; [/class]

[div class=background]

[div class=textbox]
"I see." A part of Alannah was amused by the Lunatonne's reaction. She would have never thought that Bianca would talk ill of her father, especially not in front of the opposing household. Perhaps this guest would have a lot more in common with the Solberg's than Alannah initially thought. "How long does he usually take?" She repeated her question and glanced upward in thought, "It honestly depends on how much work Julius feels like doing or if any of us attempt to change his decision. But, to put briefly, it could take anywhere from a day to two weeks. Maybe more."

She chuckled, the corners of her mouth tugging upward into a benign smile. It was a change from her usual, stoic look. "No day is his day." Alannah's head turned to the side, hearing Klarion's obnoxious laughter. Her smile instantly disappeared. He shouldn't be able to ridicule the Lord of the manor.

With a smile sigh, she shook her head and turned back to Bianca. After this, she decided, she would go help Damien with the flowers, before the sun fully vanished.

[div class=minibox] Tiramiisu Tiramiisu
[/div]

[/div][div class=credits]credits @RI.a [/div][/div]

Genevieve

~ ~ ~

The girl kept staring at her sister for a little while more, but decided to not say anything more. It wouldn't be beneficial for anyone if she was to start arguing as well. Besides, it seemed that Alfred had just appeared out of thin air, thus distracting the little girls thoughts. He was a wise old man, although Genevieve really never understood how his mind could so often involve such trivial things. Sometimes she could grasp a hint of serious matters in his thoughts but they were often cut off once he saw that she was present. Reading his mind would be most beneficial for her if he didn't know she was around. Now was a bad time anyway, considering that so many other people were present - she would get caught before she even was able to establish a stable connection to his mind.

Genevieve's thoughts were yet again distracted as Julius fell out of his chair, and although she had her regular unamused expression, it was pretty funny. He really had bad luck, and sometimes Genevieve wondered if Julius had a secret power that was like Klarion's, except, it was reversed and only brought him bad luck. The young ones gaze then went to the old man.
- Hello, Alfred. You have been gone some time. I wonder what you have been up to. The girl said, part of her suspected that the old man held back things from his travels from her and her siblings. And this was yet another thing that she intended to find out about eventually when, or if she was able to sneak up to the old man without him noticing - no doubt it would be hard, considering that the old man was very wise and might already suspect her trying to do it. And he was hard to keep track off, as he often just disappeared somewhere without noise or any trace. One day, however, she would get to know whatever was hiding in his head.

A sigh came out of the little girls mouth as Klarion was asking how long it would take to drink tea. She slid down from the chair and looked in Klarion's eyes.
- And yet, here you are, complaining. I would say that your idea of fun is stupid, but that would be a compliment that you do not deserve. Genevieve's demeanor was calm, but yet again - since her precious teatime was deemed boring - she was quite upset. However, leaving it at that, she looked at the people present before nodding a little.
- Sadly, my mood is ruined, so I will excuse myself. And with that, the girl walked into the mansion, heading for the library. She hoped that Cecilia's and Klarion's heads would turn into giant toes, or that they at least always had a pebble in their shoe! Perhaps the library could have a book about a pebble-spell, otherwise she would have to just hope that they would get pebbles in their shoes on their own.

[IMG='width:250px;']https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ae/31/77/ae317713b522384af2e9daf668c045f4.png[/IMG] Jasmine Asta - Housecook
It was a bit overwhelming for Jasmine to see more people joining in on the tea time, but filled her with a sense of duty to fulfill. I must serve tea to the best of my ability! Jasmine was happy that her tea brought Julius back to spirits but upon hearing him joke about marrying her again, her cheeks became flushed and she was flustered almost instantly, "J-Julius!" Stammering around her words, retracting her hand against her chest as she tried her best to compose herself. It wasn't often that people could cause Jasmine to lose her cool but when it came down to old "jokes" as such, she couldn't help herself. Luckily for her, it wasn't long before Alfred appeared from the shadows and knocked Julius off his chair, allowing her to switch the subject to the former Butler within the estate.

Jasmine had only knew Alfred for a few years when she was only but a tot before he ultimately retired, however, her mother seemed to be well acquainted with the older man. Her first memory of Alfred was when she was only a few years of age and it had been storming outside. The young child had gotten lost in a dark stairwell and at the time, she was both terrified of the dark and of lightning and thunder. Somehow, Alfred manage to almost appear out of nowhere and helped her find her way back. He held her hand and told her happy stories and asked her questions to get her mind off of the situation which helped quite a bit. Later on, she would see Alfred around the estate and would occasionally wave to him and give him small treats that she managed to make. In a way, he helped her overcome her fear of the dark but storms were still something that made her feel uneasy.

Giving Alfred a slight bow, she greeted him with a welcoming smile, "It is a pleasure to see you again Mister Alfred, would you like a cup of tea or a pastry?" Offering her serves, gesturing to the table set up for the tea time occasion. Genevieve quickly excused herself not too soon after, Klarion seemed to have tugged at her strings a bit too much and set her off. Jasmine was a bit disappointed since she knew Genevieve enjoyed her tea time, she would have to make something sweet for the young girl later to make it up.

Jinx of Chaos Jinx of Chaos The Forgotten Host The Forgotten Host Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon

Alfred, shook his head. "Save your confections for the guest, Ms. Jazmine." The retired butler knew the chef since she was a child. He knew the whole staff when they were children. He always loved children. They were as care free as an autumn leaf dancing to the rythm of the wind. Jazmine in particular, he treated her with respect almost reminiscent of a lady of the estate. It may have caused some hushed murmurs of favoritism, but in truth he had a good reason. Julius was going to make the same joke where he proposes to the woman, and one day he would mean it. The writing was on the wall since the both of them were children. They cared for each other more than either knew, either that or Abu Bakr Afridi had grown senile. Regardless, he had a feeling that it was only a few more years before he began addressing her with the honorific of 'lady'... if he lived that long.

The butler noticed Genevieve taking her leave. The coast was clear for him now. Which lord was the best to confide in for this matter? Klarion was smarter than he showed, but Alfred had a feeling he was ill-equiped for this conjecture. Julius was now official lord of the estate, but he was already knee deep in responsibility. It would be a shame to bother him with his matters. Alannah was empathetic, but he knew her mood swings were going to be a problem. That left just one more candidate.

"Lady Cecilia " He regarded her. "May I speak with you in private? Later if not now."

Addressing: rivers and oceans rivers and oceans Benthelame Benthelame

Mentions: Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon Jinx of Chaos Jinx of Chaos TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays User User

Cecilia breathed a sigh of relief. The fact she'd upset Genevieve was troubling, but if she was being honest, she welcomed a chance to leave the table for a bit. The opportunity to reconcile with her youngest sister would present itself soon enough. Besides, if Alfred wanted to talk with her, it was best if Genevieve was nowhere around. "Now is excellent, " she answered, a little too enthusiastically. She rose from the table slowly, deciding it was best if Alfred chose the place where they would speak.

Last edited:
Wayne watched as Cecilia stood up, and waved goodbye to her. He knew that in whatever conversation they were having, he wasn't welcome. He simply sat back in his seat, and sipped on his tea some more. He was trying to hide his jealousy of Cecilia. He wished it was him that had received the chance to stretch his kegs, and do something other than sit still and drink tea. Maybe he could take the time to get to know some of the family members better. "Lady Allanah? What do you do for fun?" The child inquired, desperate to make small talk.
Benthelame Benthelame User User

Last edited:
[class=background] width:600px; height:360px; margin:auto; margin:center; background:url('http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RKB1d4DQMb0/UbidBypAG7I/AAAAAAAABBg/o5pHQ_icCOs/s1600/Sky%20Anime%20Landscape%2029.jpg'); background-size:100%; [/class] [class=textbox] width:300px; height:300px; padding:5px; overflow:hidden; overflow:auto; font:Times New Roman; font-size:12px; background:white; border:1px solid #dddddd; opacity:0.8; margin-left:-50px; [/class] [class=minibox] width:70px; height:40px; padding:10px; font:Karla; font-size:11px; text-align:right; background:white; border:1px solid #dddddd; opacity:0.5; margin-left:510px; margin-top:-60px; [/class] [class=credits] max-width:600px; margin:auto; font: Heebo; font-size: 10px; opacity:0.3; [/class]

[div class=background]

[div class=textbox]
Alannah's piercing green eyes stalked after Cecilia and Alfred. She placed down her teacup, prepared to politely exit herself from the table and attempt to eavesdrop on the second conversation that day. Before she could do so, however, she heard the small child address her. Her eyebrows furrowed ever-so-slightly in worry as she watched the two head away. With a small sigh, she supposed it was best. Alfred would not do anything with ill intentions after all, and he was much too wise for her to be worried about.

"Yes?" Her focus turned to Wayne and Alannah listened to his simple question. Fun? The answer was easy for her. "I enjoy spending time in the garden." She assumed this was the child's way of trying to initiate conversation, so she assumed this was a perfect time to interrogate the newest addition to the household. "Why did you decided to become my sister's apprentice?"

[/div]

"I didn't have much of a choice really. I got into some trouble with the magical community... And someone put in a good word for her. It was then decided that I would be an apprentice under her... " He searched his memory for the exact words that were used "Until I have deemed myself a proper and productive member of the magical community. Whatever that means." He was embarrassed slightly at his reasoning for being here, and it took every fiber in his being not to hide his face in his knees as it slightly flushed red.

User User

Two weeks! She had a chance of being stuck in this godforsaken mansion for two weeks? Bianca didn't express her surprise but rather responded in a simple nod of her head. She could put up with two weeks if it meant having a chance at fully owning her family company. After all, spending this much time in the estate couldn't be as terrible as she had thought. There was still the option of locking herself in the library and spending her time amongst the old texts for the remaining time it took Julius to come up with a decision.

Bianca noticed the old servant and one of the siblings leaving the garden. She used this to her advantage and downed the rest of her tea in one gulp. It was unladylike to rush herself this way, she could almost hear her mother scolding her, but there were more important matters to attend to. "Pardon me for leaving so early, but I really should stretch my legs," She stood from her chair, addressing Julius. "I don't suppose you'd mind me having a look around? With that butler of yours trailing me I should be of no real threat."

Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon

"Security or not, you could at least announce your presence instead of skulking around like some sort of bogeyman!" Julius proclaimed, shaking his head and sighing as he took another sip of the tea. His eyes narrowed at Klarion, but he did not comment, choosing to be the bigger man in this scenario; responding to him would just be what he wants. Eventually, the siblings began to take their leave of tea time, Alfred deciding he needed to speak with Cecilia. Now that he thought about it, Julius still had some work to do himself; documents to look over, letters to draft, slimes to feed. He stood up, carefully dusting himself off once more. "Alannah, would you please show the boy around the manse a little? I'm sure a room is being prepared for him as well. Oh, and keep him away from Darling." He said to his sister, giving her a couple pats on the head and the small boy a tight glare. With a flamboyant spin, he turned to their guest with a raised eyebrow. "Sure. But not the library. You can go anywhere but the library." He told her before he too stepped away from the gazebo.

He stopped in front of Jasmine with a deep bow. "An excellent blend, my sweet Jasmine, as always. You know, with all the strange happenings lately the two of us have never gotten a moment to talk. What do you say to dinner tonight, just you and me? I would love to catch up!" He told her with his usual friendly smile, his eyes gleaming. He stopped as he pulled a pocket watch out and his eyes widened. "Good heavens! I need to get moving. I hope to see you later, Jasmine!" He called to her as he sprinted back to the mansion doors and swung them open, darting inside.

Mentions: The Forgotten Host The Forgotten Host L LadyLuckTakeTheWheel Tiramiisu Tiramiisu TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays User User rivers and oceans rivers and oceans

[IMG='width:250px;']https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ae/31/77/ae317713b522384af2e9daf668c045f4.png[/IMG] Jasmine Asta - Housecook
Jasmine always felt a bit disheartened when servants, or even prior servants, felt as if they could not eat her meals due to social class. Her meals were meant to fill and make people feeling content, not for a specific class to eat alone. If that were the case, it would be a lonely job she had. It didn't take long for the siblings began to depart, along with the other guests who arrived a little later like the young apprentice boy and Mister Alfred. She too had began packing all the leftover tea and pastries back onto the rolling cart before hearing Julius' dinner request, believing to be a request for her to making dinner for him instead of eating dinner with him. "At your request Sir. Julius." Jasmine gave him a small curtsy as he bolted back into the Solberg mansion, letting out a giggle once he was out of sight. Seeing his frantic ways always made her smile a bit, he was child-like but knew when to be serious which was something that made him unlike the other siblings. Each sibling had their own characteristics that made them them, and she was happy that Julius was still child-like.. even with his ill-advised antics such as the little slime guy.. what was his name again? Richard? Rex? Robert was it? Yea, that thing.

Well just like everyone else, Jasmine cleaned up the area and made her way back into the mansion too.

The Forgotten Host The Forgotten Host Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon

~ ~ ~

The girl stepped in through the library doors, fuming with frustration. Stupid Cecilia and Klarion just didn't understand the delicacy that was tea. Sure, she couldn't expect them to like the same things as she did, but unlike herself, they were notorious for not keeping their thoughts to themselves. She looked over all the shelves in the library and sighed, it would take forever to find anything she could use against them, so she might as well just not do it. Besides, she could always try to reach their thoughts and dig for some dirt. Genevieve shook her head a little. No, it would be downright evil to do such a thing to her siblings, and she wasn't evil. But they would most definitely get the silent treatment, until she was ready to forgive them.

Come to think of it, her response to most things that angered her was to ignore it until it went away. Whenever someone angered Genevieve, she would just act like the person didn't exist until they would give up and leave her alone. Perhaps not the healthiest way to approach the situation, but better than wreaking havoc by fighting. Of course, her fighting would be more like her invading their mind and starting a rumor regarding it, causing a lot of pain and suffering. However, it was not how she worked. The girl nodded her head a little - she was behaving more than reasonably considering how insulted she felt.

The girl turned around at the doors again, walking out to the hallway, since she had decided to not go through with her plan to find some spell involving pebbles. However, she caught a glimpse of Alfred and Cecilia walking down the hallway, disappearing behind a corner. And so, Genevieve couldn't help but start walking after them, keeping out of sight. What were they up to?

The boy shuddered at the man's fierce glare, and stood up before rounding the table and standing to the right of Alannah, about a step behind her. He looked up at her first. "Where to?" The boy asked, partly to start conversation, and partly out of curiosity. He watched the garden, and wondered how much it would cost to have one like this.
User User

Klarion lept out his chair, biting his thumb at his brother, “Killjoy as always.” The crimson boy eyed Alannah, pouting, “pretty please can I come with you two?” He bounced on his heels gleefully, “I’ll show the boy what I do for fun because you’re so terrible at it.” He sighed, reading his sisters look, “I swear it doesn’t involve hurting anyone.” The Solberg man itched at his nosering, “besides, me and Cecilia are more matched in tastes, don’t you think?”

His hand abruptly caught on fire. He stuck his other hand in his pocket. Klarion raised an eyebrow at the young boy, “Wanna learn how to do this?”

User User TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays

The boy eyed him. If course he did! But it was a matter of earning respect with the family. He looked at Klarion, drowning slightly "Of course I would... But that's up to either Lord Julius or Lady Cecilia. And I really would like to see the entire manor, or at least the major parts." He hid a grimace. He did not want to have to have to ask permission to learn something, but decided it best if he wanted to earn back some respect from the rest of the family. He feared that by doing so he would be losing Klarion's respect however.

User User L LadyLuckTakeTheWheel Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon

What could Alfred possibly have to say? The question dwelt in Cecilia's mind and replayed itself over and over again. Had he discovered some fiendish plot against the family? That wouldn't necessarily be anything new . An enemy was the one thing that caused Cecilia to think, plan and analyze. She'd been looking for new and innovative ways to increase the security of the estate. Whatever the case, she was moments away from finding out.

Alfred lead Cecilia to the estate's observatory. A maid was fiddling around with the large telescope out of curiosity, but dropped everything when the two arrived. Normally the old man would have scolded the staff for touching things they weren't supposed to touch, but he made an exception here and opted to shoo her away. This was Cecilia's favorite place in the mansion. He caught her playing on the spire more than a few times in her youth, giving her hell for putting herself in such a high place. He stopped his scolding when she reached the growing phase of her life, when she climbed the spire for melancholic reveries. Her thoughts were most sober here.

"Lady Cecilia." He paused. He looked at the lady of the mansion, words unable to form in his mind. For Cecilia, it was definitely a first. She never saw the retired butler so much as stammer before. "I spent the entire carriage ride wondering how I was going to tell you this. And now..." He chuckled, something else the young lady never saw him do. "I don't know where to start."

Adressing: Benthelame Benthelame

"Try the beginning old timer," Cecilia suggested. It wasn't the first time she'd had to brace herself for bad news and it certainly wouldn't be the last. It wasn't evident but she was very worried. Of all the places he could have chosen, he selected the one in which there wasn't anything she'd dare destroy. Was he at a loss for words? Her mind shifted to the days of her youth and the countless times she'd seen his wizened face contort itself into a frown. The chiding she'd received was rarely wholly disregarded. She sighed and looked up at the white pointed stars that beset the ceiling of the massive building. "Don't hold anything back."

Last edited:

[div class=background]

[div class=textbox]

Alannah's eyes narrowed slightly as Julius' patted his head. He hasn't done such an action in years, and she did not miss it at all. It only made her feel even more like a child. With a smile huff, she glimpsed from Wayne, then back to her brother. He wanted her to show him around the manor? Was that not supposed to be her sister's job? After all, he was Lady Cecilia's apprentice. She planned on helping Damien with the garden, but she supposes that will be an impossible task for today. Despite her irritation, she simply nodded to her elder. "I will," she replied, her voice as pointed as the glare she shot Klarion.

"Where to?"

"I'll show you the library first. It's the closest room to us." Granted, closest meant a five minute walk. "Klarion." She huffed and crossed her arms. A few second later, her brother responded defensively, "I swear it doesn't involve hurting anyone."

"Kindly put that blasted flame out." She snapped, "If you are really that bored, you can walk a few paces behind the child but, so help me god, if you do anything-" Alannah didn't finish her own sentence, just abruptly turned to the child and uttered a quick, "Let's go."

[/div]

Alfred sighed. His gamble at bringing to the observatory had failed. That girl was always straight to the point. "There is a company called 'Shah and Partners' in East Asia. They deal with the same products as Solbergs: Alchemical goods and the like. They have been growing at an exponential rate for decades now, and they want to expand to the West." Alfred looked away. "They... want business connections to get them started here. And they've been eyeing the Solberg and Lunatonne family for potential partnerships." He looked down, his face was more readable than it ever was. He looked ashamed.

Mentions: Benthelame Benthelame

Cecilia crossed her arms. Normally partnerships weren't a bad thing. There was the strong possibility that both companies could benefit from a merger of sorts. Julius was even considering a deal with the Lunatonnes' right now. She watched as shame flushed his face, "Go on."

He made it this far. No point in turning back now. "The family that runs Shah and Partners..." He looked back at Cecilia. "I came to England 73 years ago to run away from them. They are..." Alfred sighed again, it was a noticeably shakier sigh. "They are my family. The head will be making an appearance in the gala. I'm not sure if he knows I work for the estate, but... I believe it is my duty to let you know as a servant of the estate." Alfred had opened some very old wounds. Wounds that were so ancient that he had to cut deep the to get to them. He was now in a head space where the world was much scarier for him, one where he felt vulnerable. He turned to the door, making his way towards it. He didn't think there was anything more to say.

Mentions: Benthelame Benthelame

Users who are viewing this thread

Back