• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Illustrious Estate of Lord Solberg v3 - In Character

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
A small creature scurried about the virid maze that was the Solberg garden. Its soft pink nose was tantalized by the scents that swirled in the moistened air. Each lush bloom looked as though It were planted and nurtured by the tenderest of hands. It was something that a rodent could only give a fleeting amount of appreciation except that this one wasn't exactly ordinary. The little brown mouse that made its way past every sharp-eyed butler and dutiful maid was actually something of a spy. Each wonder it observed was also seen by one Caspian Lunatonne. He knew Bianca wouldn't appreciate the gesture but the opportunity was one he didn't dare miss. No matter how much she insisted on making the journey unannounced and alone it wasn't fitting that she should do so; not as far as he was concerned. With blatant disregard for her wishes and a potent desire to see his own fulfilled, he'd decided to do the wrong thing for the right reasons.

At least part of the garden wasn't as beautiful as the rest. Something had scorched a number of the plants-- a problem that was or would be remedied with skill, grace and haste if the rest of the place was any indication. Caspian didn't know much about the florist who worked for the Solbergs but judging from the evenly clipped stems and everything else, he certainly did his work well. The mouse shivered as it became momentarily aware of the force that was slowly chipping away at any will it possessed. Its master delighted in beauty but reveled in vengeance-- a fact it would do well to remember for as long as it could or as long he allowed it to. The real challenge would be getting the unwitting vessel inside. A passing servant would provide that opportunity. The man was too fatigued or too focused on the task at hand to notice the creature make its way into his coat pocket. For several minutes Caspian saw only a few thin coins and the occasional crumb.

It was only when scuffed and worn shoes met the floor of the busy household that the creature climbed from hiding and scampered into some darkened corner. It was only a puppet now-- the plaything of a clever little boy.

"I never doubted you for a moment, milady." The old butler's feline ear flicked. "I know you have much on your little hands but I believe in you." He began turning and walking away, gesturing the youngest lady of the estate to follow her. They walked for a few minutes, not taking notice of the little mouse they passed by. Alfred was in a better mood after talking with the young girl. It was the whimsical way of looking at the world. Even Genevieve, wizened beyond her years had a certain of looking about things. The girl had heard far too much for her age. Alfred worried that the symptoms she described weren't some kind of adolescent depression.

He lead the girl outside where a young maid was doing laundry, whistling an off-pitch tone. There was a large pile of Julius's clothes next to her. For some reason they were pink. At the sight of the cat, the woman snapped out of her reverie and stood up as though addressing a general. "Good morning, sir Alfred. How was your trip?"

Alfred's almost good mood was instantly soured, but he had to remain in high spirits for the sake of Genevieve and the maid. "Virginia, this is Genevieve. The youngest lady of the-"

"Whose this little wipper snapper?" The maid moved in front of the child faster then she could register. "She is adorable, yes she is. And such a pretty dress too! When I was your age-"

"Virginia!" Alfred's feline eye twitched. "Genevieve is the youngest lady of the house."

The maid's eye widened. "By the gods!" She took the little girl's hand and shook it so hard Genevieve almost thought it was going to rip off from the socket. "Such an honor to make acquaintance, milady."

Mentions: Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon Benthelame Benthelame

Addressing: Jinx of Chaos Jinx of Chaos

Julius' fingers sped across the keys as he played ferverently. His mind was still, but his body was not, moving and swaying with each change in tempo. Even with his eyes closed, he knew just where each key to press was, a feat only accomplished by years of practicing the piece over and over. And yet, as he brought the piece to a close, coming slower and slower at its end, a troubled look appeared on his face. It reached its peak as he finally finished, letting the last few notes ring as he sat there with a perplexed expression. "I have the strangest feeling that all of my clothes have just been ruined..." He said to no one in particular. He shrugged, standing from the pianos seat and pulling the cover down over the keys.

He turned, ready to depart from the music room, when he nearly jumped out of his skin; there was a person sitting on the sofa! What in the world!? When they did even come in!? A blush flew immediately to Julius' face; he didnt like performing in front of other people, for it made it him feel extremely embarrassed. He made a motion as if he was about to sprint out of the room, but stopped as he took notice of who it actually was; his friend and unofficial assistant, Donna Sharp. Now that was a surprise, especially given how long gone she had been! "Goodness, Donna, is that you!? Its been ages!" He exclaimed, quickly making his way over to her. "Where on earth did you go? Did you get hurt at all? Please say no; I'll feel guilty." He said, kneeling down in front of her and gently grasping one of her hands, inspecting it as he would a child who had scraped their knees. He was surprised at just how calloused it felt; it was no longer a semi-smooth feel like before, back with...her father and...well, that wasnt important. "You dont say anything save that you have a lead on something and then ask for funding to go and look for it! You better have found the queen of all diamonds or something with the worry you gave me young lady!" He said in a chastising tone, much like he did to his siblings when they were younger and did stupid things.

Mentioned: Yatasal Yatasal

[class=background] width:600px; height:360px; margin:auto; margin:center; background:url('http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RKB1d4DQMb0/UbidBypAG7I/AAAAAAAABBg/o5pHQ_icCOs/s1600/Sky%20Anime%20Landscape%2029.jpg'); background-size:100%; [/class] [class=textbox] width:300px; height:300px; padding:5px; overflow:hidden; overflow:auto; font:Times New Roman; font-size:12px; background:white; border:1px solid #dddddd; opacity:0.8; margin-left:-50px; [/class] [class=minibox] width:70px; height:40px; padding:10px; font:Karla; font-size:11px; text-align:right; background:white; border:1px solid #dddddd; opacity:0.5; margin-left:510px; margin-top:-60px; [/class] [class=credits] max-width:600px; margin:auto; font: Heebo; font-size: 10px; opacity:0.3; [/class]

[div class=background]

[div class=textbox]
Alannah huffed as she eyed the snakes wrapping around her brother’s arms, but then quickly began walking towards the library.

Typically, the Solberg girl would have shot down such an invasive question, especially if it came from her brother, but she was curious to see what Cecilia's apprentice would have to say.

"I stole a few things to feed a friend of mine."

Her eyebrows furrowed. This was the punishable act the officials thought so terribly of that he had to be sent to the Solberg household? She knew she should have been more frustrated with Wayne’s crime rather than the official’s, after all - stealing should never be justified… But. They tried ruining the little boy’s life for him trying to save another.

“Klarion-,” Alannah stated softly and turned around to face him, about to urge him to keep back a snarky remark, before noticing the soft glint in his eyes. Even her brother, she supposes, had his moments where he wasn’t a complete jerk. “Just… don’t do anything too bad.”

Alannah glanced down to the little boy. He was tense for a reason Alannah could safely assume was her fault. “You don’t have to be so formal,” she told him, contradicting her previous instruction for him to be mannerful. Alannah could never keep her opinions or what she wanted to be ‘set-and-stone’. She was much too fickle.

“Your friend, is he alright now?” She wondered.

[div class=minibox] Tiramiisu Tiramiisu
[/div]

[/div][div class=credits]credits @RI.a [/div][/div]

"I think so... It seems that after they decided I would be sent here, that they checked up on the boy's family. They then-" He searched for the right word. " got custody of him and he is now being taken care of by another family, much like what happened to me, except for different reasons. " The boy tried to relax a bit, having been told that it was fine. He still wanted to remain in good terms however, and kept his mannerisms a bit higher than normal, but much less forced.

That was close. Caspian mused as he watched the feline from hiding. A number of the things he'd made had been swallowed, crushed , stepped on or shot. It was never a good feeling to say the very least. He looked questioningly at the girl that followed the cat. Was this the youngest Solberg? There had been rumors that she was an odd child who dressed almost exclusively in red. He studied her face briefly, catching sight of a familiar look; the same one his father said beset his face the majority of the time. It was one that told any observer that the wearer knew everything and nothing at all. There was no denying that her powers dealt with every corner of the mind. This wasn't good. If he was going to keep a low profile The Solbergs were best avoided for now, especially given that Bianca was around. He resisted the urge to chuckle. She was probably drinking every last drop of wine the estate had.

[class=background] width:600px; height:360px; margin:auto; margin:center; background:url('https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sjrGeFte9z0/WoAmVyNfFSI/AAAAAAAAD1A/Atugwy2roeMY4OyzD8ODUxCCPDRfL-GHgCLcBGAs/s1600/bg031.jpg'); background-size:100%; [/class] [class=textbox] width:300px; height:300px; padding:5px; overflow:hidden; overflow:auto; font:Times New Roman; font-size:12px; background:white; border:1px solid #dddddd; opacity:0.8; margin-left:-50px; [/class] [class=minibox] width:70px; height:40px; padding:10px; font:Karla; font-size:11px; text-align:right; background:white; border:1px solid #dddddd; opacity:0.5; margin-left:510px; margin-top:-60px; [/class] [class=credits] max-width:600px; margin:auto; font: Heebo; font-size: 10px; opacity:0.3; [/class]

[div class=background]

[div class=textbox]
"I see... Do you know to which family he was sent to?" Alannah wondered, figuring the next time she headed out into town she could check up on Wayne's friend to make sure he was alright.

Her eyes darted to the passing window. It was dark out. She was much too old to be afraid of the night, but she despised it so. A forest of goosebumps trailed along her arm, beneath her long, white sleeves. Alannah never actually understood why the dark irked her in such a manner, because - when she was younger - she enjoyed sitting in the garden underneath the moonlight. Perhaps it was because so many things hid under the obscurity of night.

"Here we are." Alannah spoke, glancing back in front of her. The massive slabs of wood creaked as Alannah used all of her weight to thrust the library's entrance out of its usual slumber. "I'm not too sure if you are interested in entering," Alannah told Wayne, "But here's the library." She wondered if the child could read.

[/div]

The child's jaw dropped. Maybe it was because he couldn't understand why one would even want so many books. Maybe it was because he could barely read. Maybe it was a bit of both. He looked around in wonder nonetheless, surprised by the sheer size of it. If he was able to read well, he would probably end up spending a lot of his time here. "I can't - oh nvm" the child started, figuring it best not to admit that he could barely read. It was normal for a child of his class to not be able to read in that time era, but he was still embarrassed by it for some odd reason. He was so amazed by the library, that he didn't even step through the doors. He just stood back in awe.

~ ~ ~

The girl had followed Alfred, so deeply in her thoughts that the mouse slipped right past her. How did Alfred know that the maid was a relative? Probably if he did thorough background checks before hiring anyone - that would only make sense. She felt a little stupid, but before she was able to beat herself down too much, they got outside and the girls gaze went to the maid. It didn't take long before Virginia interrupted Alfred's introduction and the girl lifted her eyebrow a little. Not very smart? Clearly not. And before she even got to react, her hand was shaken violently and the girl looked almost horrified for a moment before she pulled her hand back. She resisted the urge to scold the maid for the way she shook her delicate hand, and nodded a little.
- Nice to meet you too, Virginia. Alfred told me a little about you. The girl looked the maid from top to toe, she didn't look that special at all, but then again she was dressed in a maid outfit. All in all, the first impression was very mixed - she almost ripped her hand off and was very talkative, but the girl decided to give the maid a chance. At least for Alfred's sake.
- Why do you ride a bike? Wouldn't a horse be more enjoyable? Genevieve asked, tilting her head slightly.

Possibly the maid would bring the girl a good way to escape all the things weighing on her currently - Robert, Cecilia, Klarion, and the things Alfred talked about with Cecilia. Thats right, she would have to find a way to snatch Robert, and now it had just gotten harder because she did not want to talk to neither Klarion or Cecilia. Maybe Alannah would do, although her other siblings could be better options to an operation that needed both luck and agility. Then there was Alfred and his family. What did he mean by confronting his family? And what would the consequences of that be? Well, first things first: The maid. Genevieve snapped out of her thoughts, hoping Virginia didn't say anything while she was in her thoughts.

[class=background] width:600px; height:360px; margin:auto; margin:center; background:url('https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sjrGeFte9z0/WoAmVyNfFSI/AAAAAAAAD1A/Atugwy2roeMY4OyzD8ODUxCCPDRfL-GHgCLcBGAs/s1600/bg031.jpg'); background-size:100%; [/class] [class=textbox] width:300px; height:300px; padding:5px; overflow:hidden; overflow:auto; font:Times New Roman; font-size:12px; background:white; border:1px solid #dddddd; opacity:0.8; margin-left:-50px; [/class] [class=minibox] width:70px; height:40px; padding:10px; font:Karla; font-size:11px; text-align:right; background:white; border:1px solid #dddddd; opacity:0.5; margin-left:510px; margin-top:-60px; [/class] [class=credits] max-width:600px; margin:auto; font: Heebo; font-size: 10px; opacity:0.3; [/class]

[div class=background]

[div class=textbox]
"I can't- oh never mind."

Damn it - why'd I have to be right? Alannah silently prayed that she didn't make the child feel uncomfortable. "Ah, well... there's nothing to do much in a library anyways!" She spoke quickly, clapping her hands together before quickly glancing around to see where she could take him next. He was a kid... Where did Gennie like to go again? The stables? Ah... but that was outside. She also enjoyed the parlor, right? No... that was too formal of a place for him. Alannah shook her head. Perhaps Genevieve wasn't the best generic child to try and think of. There was the kitchen, but there was nothing fun in being there. Same thing with the ballroom. The music room might be a good choice, but there was little to no chance Wayne would know how to play the piano, cello, or harp.

Alannah tried remembering where she hung out as a kid. Her room. The town. The garden. The roof. The wine cellar. She felt a growing frustration with her lack of ideas. She glanced over to her brother and remembered his words from not even ten minutes ago.

"I'll show the boy what I do for fun because you are so terrible at it." Curse you for being right-.

With a flushed face she discretely stepped aside towards her brother and tugged gently on his sleeve, almost like a child with her eyes to her shoes. "Help-," she mumbled. It pained her to ask her brother for something - it pained her to ask anyone for anything, but her brother even more so - but Klarion was better at entertaining guests than she was. "I don't know where to go that a kid would like."

[/div]

When Virginia let go of Genevieve's hand, it felt like it had been twisted into a pretzel. "I'm afraid I can't afford a horse, milady. And besides, animals don't seem to take very kindly to me. 'Cower at the site of me, yes they do. Can't imagine why." She poked a finger on her forehead as though in deep thought, though Genevieve couldn't hear anything but an ear gratingly catchy tune in her head. "Hold that thought." The maid ran off without another word, turning a sharp corner. She came back riding an old decrepit thing that resembled a bicycle. "This is my baby, Eureka." She stroked the handle like an old lover. "It took three years of pocket money to get her second hand from the shop. 'Had to work extra hours in the orphanage yes, I did. But it was worth it." She balanced herself on the front wheel. The bike looked like it could snap under the short woman's weight any moment. "Ain't she a beauty, milady?" A simple trick, but it did put Alfred on edge having it performed so close to his mistress.

Addressing: Jinx of Chaos Jinx of Chaos

Last edited:
London had no dearth of taverns one could frequent under the cover of night. If one knew just where to look, they might even discover one with adequate food, but Cecilia's goals were a lot simpler than that. During an aimless walk beneath the darkened sky, she'd wandered into an establishment with which she was quite familiar. Dust covered every table but they were remarkably clean in comparison to the people who sat at them. “Thanks Bartholomew. Just wanted to drink something without any liquid courage, calm, guilt, sadness, happiness, trepidation or anything else!” Cecilia remarked, slamming her fist on the table.

The addressed responded with a laugh that revealed his crooked teeth. “It's Barnaby,” he insisted, puffing out his chest a little, “Everyone calls me Barnaby.”

“Thanks Barnaby, then.”

The man lifted the cup and wiped it out a little with piece of cloth before tossing it aside listlessly. He didn't know much about the stranger that entered his place of business every now and again. He only knew that she stopped by more than once with enough gold to pay the rent. He yawned, stretching each part of his gaunt form as he did, “ If you're out this late, odds are you're looking for something.”

“I wanted to buy a gift for someone. Couldn't find anything though. Girl's read everything that exists. At least it seems that way,” Cecilia answered.

“Wife's that way too.”

“You have a wife, Barnaby?” Cecilia questioned. She leaned backwards and placed her feet onto the table. Alannah would have been mortified at the gesture, but manners didn't matter here. There were no thoughts of tea, feuding companies, slime or anything else.

What Barnaby lacks in looks, he makes up for in charm,” the man stated with a shrug.

“No, no. It isn't that. It's just, well I've never seen her.”

“Well, I've got one. She's a magic user too.” his greenish eyes widened a little. “Would you like to meet her?”

Cecilia thought a moment. She'd definitely seen it-- that spark in one's eye that denoted an idea of sorts, but it stayed far too briefly for her to determine the nature of it. She nodded once and stood. The man faced the patrons and cleared his throat “One of you lice-ridden dogs look after this pile of rubble will you?! I find a pint missing and my enforcer here will deprive you of your hands.”

“With relish!,” Cecilia vowed.

Barnaby made a fist and kissed it before striking the wall beside him with all the might he had. The gray stones shifted and left a cavernous opening that he stepped through without the slightest hesitation. “Watch your step. There are stairs,” he instructed, instinctively grabbing one of may torches that dotted the walls.

“Had a feeling you sold more than food and drink, “ Cecilia remarked. Her fingers coiled around the hilt of her blade. It was taking awhile for her sight to adjust to the dim lights, but once they had it was clear that Barnaby the Barkeeper had a much more lucrative interest. “ Half of this stuff has been banned by the Magic Community.“

“Don't expect any points for stating the obvious. “ Barnaby said. Cecilia raised an eyebrow. Each breath taken by the jovial and lanky man was becoming more visible by the second. The color was steadily draining from his face. He didn't seem to notice. “I'm impressed, “ Cecilia admitted. The room was lit well enough that anyone could see the many items available for sale.

“Oh, right. Dear, we have a visitor," Barnaby called.

The voice that answered him was low and soft. It came from a form that until now had blended in perfectly with the shadows and still seemed riven from the same. Just what the response was remained a mystery to Cecilia at first. She squinted, discerning the outline of a dress and bonnet. “It's a pleasure to meet you ma'am.” she greeted, a little irked an odd sensation in her ear. It was slight at first. One voice became many before twisting into something comprehensible, “Likewise.”

Cecilia rubbed her hands together before staring into darkened corner once again. The eyes that met her own were warm and silvery in color. “Barney's always talking about you, Cecilia.”

“Never told either of you what my name was. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. He did tell me you were a magic user. I just didn't know what kind.“

"You still don't “ There was a deep rumbling from one of the many shelves but even Cecilia didn't know which of the items went from product to projectile. She only knew that it was somewhat large and that it raced from it's place with enough force to knock her down.

“Mine was the company Lundgren. We made books like that one there.”

“Felt more like a cannonball,” Cecilia retorted woozily. “Might just be a concussion, but it looks a lot like these pages are blank.”

“Only for small minds. It's a wondrous item, really. You place your hand on the cover and state whichever subject you'd like to read about. The pages fill with words then. Fact, fiction Philosophy, the applications are wide to say the least. You'd never read the same story twice.

“Doesn't work if you ask about specific people though,” Barnaby interjected, “Not unless they've died.”

Cecilia stood slowly and wiped the dust from her jacket before turning back towards the silver-eyed shadow in the corner, “Too many ways to misuse it.”

Yep. They shutdown the company and made us burn every last one. I'd have gone mad if I hadn't met my darling, Barnaby. In any case, consider it my contribution to the Solberg Library.”

“That's generous. I'd better be getting back come to think of it,” Cecilia said.

Last edited:
As Klarion made his way through the manor, he blended with the shadows, something he had learnt from alfred. He couldn’t, of course, jump into shadows quite like the old man could but it was still hard to see him in the darkness. Both men appeared out of no where constantly, startling people (an act Klarion enjoyed more than the kind-hearted old man.)

The crimson man raised an eyebrow at his sister, surprised she would even mention his help. “You must be truly desperate.” He sighed and put an arm around her, “Y’know Alannah, the reason you don’t know what he likes is the same reason you’re so stubborn.” He held his cigarette between two fingers, “you didn’t ask him.” He pouted, contemplating his sister with a glance, “You really do need to ask people sometimes, you’d be surprised how far it gets you.” There was no mocking in his voice. Whenever his siblings were lost, Klarion did his best to help when he could. Even if it was disguised with sarcasm and teasing, Klarion truly cared for his siblings and helped them like any big brother would. He whistled to the young apprentice, “What do you want see first, my boy?” His mischievious tone back, “no use wandering around if you’re not interested.” He gave Alannah a reassuring squeeze before letting her go. Klarion’s blood red eyes scanned the shelves, “I mean I like books as much as the next man but,” His gaze returned to the boy, “If you’re Cecilia’s apprentice, I doubt you will spend much time in here.”

User User TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays

The child looked up at him, turning his head slightly. "I just want to know my way around. I am would like to see anything." He didn't care where they went much, he was just along for the ride. He thought about it for a moment, before replying. "I would like to see where I will sleep. I can't really think of much else." He waited for one of them to either reply, or show the way.

"Goodness, Donna, is that you!? Its been ages!" He exclaimed, quickly making his way over to her. "Where on earth did you go? Did you get hurt at all? Please say no; I'll feel guilty. You don't say anything save that you have a lead on something and then ask for funding to go and look for it! You better have found the queen of all diamonds or something with the worry you gave me young lady!"
Donna smiled as Julius finished his song, and got up. She smiled wider when he was startled by her sudden appearance. "It's good to see you too," she told him quietly. Then again, everything Donna said was quiet--she never did have a loud voice. "I'm fine. I found something in Prussia, near the northern border. A fifelli ondraxis. I brought back a sample. Are you... Is everything well?"

Donna stood, shifting weight off her bad leg. She was curious to know everything that had transpired in the year she had been gone, but wasn't sure where to start. Julius had been the first of the Solberg family she had sought out, simply because he was her favorite. They all treated her with varying degrees of kindness, but Julius was the only one she'd really consider her friend.

Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon

Donna got to her feet, and Julius went up with her. He didnt miss her shifting her weight...but he would bring that up later. He sighed and shook his head, looking down at the floor. "You never miss a thing, do you? You always were a sharp lass. Pun intended." He said, looking up at her with a soft laugh before his face mellowed out. "Oh, where to begin? There have been plenty of ups and downs since you've been gone, but I wont bore you with the smaller stuff. Mother and Father...well, they've sort of...gone. Somewhere in America. They sent a letter just recently explaining how...I'll be taking over in their absence." He told his young friend, the nervousness obvious in his voice. "And that's not all! A Lunatonne of all people has shown up, claiming that they want peace! And this is all before the Midseason Ball, where very prominent figures of the magical community are going to show up!" He exclaimed, his tone sounding more and more panicked as he continued.

He stepped away for a moment and took a deep breath, shaking his head. "And lets not even get started on the mountain of worry that was me fretting over how you were getting along! Not even a single letter this whole time you were gone! Part of me thought you were dead!" He almost yelled dramatically, turning back to her and flailing his arms in the air for added effect. "So yes, something is troubling me, Ms. Sharp. Goodness, at least I wont have to worry about this when I'm inside Robert..." he said in a quieter tone, holding the side of his head.

Mentions: Yatasal Yatasal

"Well, I suppose compared to the bigger bouts this damage is negligible," Damien muttered, twirling a strand of black hair that had fallen into his eyes. He felt a string of curiosity tug at his mind as to what could have transpired here. Small ashes piled on the partially charred grass. The young man was sure that there used to be a tree where only gnarled roots remained. "Well, I was to replace that tree in a few days. This just saves me time," Damien sighed, lightly tugging at the remains. A fine soot covered his hand as the roots remained steadfast in the ground despite the evaporation of its body. It was stubborn, but it was finished. There was no amount of time that could be allocated to allow it to regrow. He will have to grab a matured enough tree from the nursery to replace it. Perhaps, it could be a cherry tree.

Damien was feeling slightly excited by the new possibilities. He would have to dig out the roots and burnt grass by shovel; but afterwards, he could restart anew. It will be better than before. Damien assured himself that he will toil until it was. Strolling towards the tool shed, Damien heard various conversations going on. None concerned him of course. It was just a sign that the estate was lively even with the head chef oddly feeding the raccoons. Coming upon a sturdy, oak shack Damien grabbed a shovel from its inventory. The shovel wasn't the best of quality, having various splinters sticking from it, but it would do for what he had in mind. First, he displaced the patches of charred grass and filled the holes with soil. With enough time, the surrounding grass will grow it in. Then, he dug up the roots and left one large hole for a new tree. Or at least, he would have if the shovel hadn't snapped on him.

He was on his last root, and it was a stubborn one. The head gardener had put all his weight into digging the shovel when the shaft snapped. All the force he put onto the shovel sent him falling forward, scraping his leg against the edge of the old shovel. Luckily, he hadn't torn his uniform, but he could feel a dull throbbing coming from his calf. Instinctively, he knew that he was bleeding. There was no sting, no bite, no pain but a dull, throbbing of his veins. "Blood stains are a bloody pain to get out," he joked, rolling up the pant of his leg, so his blood would not get on his uniform. Quietly, he laid himself down on the green grass and covered his eyes with his forearm. For a tranquil moment, he lied there with a small smile on his face.

Then, he steadily stood back up, taking off his left shoe and sock. Tying a makeshift tourniquet, he grabbed a stronger shovel and continued his work. Soon, there was a miniature black cherry tree where the old tree used to be. "I should clean this," Damien muttered to himself, recalling the time he saw an old soldier pour alcohol into his wound. "Now, I only wonder if the Solbergs would allow me the pleasure of using their liquor as a cleaning device."

" Y'know, Alannah, the reason you don't know what he likes is the same reason you're so stubborn. You didn't ask him. You really do need to ask people sometimes, you'd be surprised how far it gets you."

A delicate pink spread across her face. She glanced upwards to the taller being. For once, she wasn't even bothered by the line of smoke trailing from his cigarette. He was right. It wasn't something she would ever admit aloud, but she knew it to be true. Asking the child what he wanted to do seemed like such a simple solution, yet the thought never occurred to Alannah. Does that make me selfish? She sincerely hoped not. She briefly remembered the mental conversation she held a few hours prior - about how she never had a genuine conversation with her siblings in a while - and figured now would be a good time to try and hold one. If she could swallow whatever stubbornness echoing in the back of her head, at least.

"I would like to see where I would sleep."

Alannah thought for a moment. "Your room will most likely be upstairs, a few doors down from Cecilia." If she recalled correctly, it was vacant. Unless they were giving it to Bianca, at least. She didn't think it would be wise to keep her near the Solberg siblings though. Speaking of which, where is Cecilia?

The candle's in the hallways were starting to burn out, to Alannah's discomfort, so she barely walked ahead of them as she lead Wayne to the stairwell. Later, Alannah swore to herself, she would find a way to thank Klarion for not mocking her when she asked for help. Preferably in a way that didn't actually require her to say, or write, the words 'thank you'.

Her thoughts trailed off to Julius. She never asked him about Robert. It was a conversation that could wait till breakfast, however.

Jinx of Chaos Jinx of Chaos L LadyLuckTakeTheWheel TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays Benthelame Benthelame

Last edited:
"How dare he!" Bianca roamed around the halls, the hulking butler following close behind her. "Ban me from the library! Of all the places why the library? Why not some other special room that I don't give a damn about! What the hell am I supposed to do while I'm stuck here!"

She began purposefully stomping her feet as she walked, almost like a child would do when they had a tantrum. She needed to get away from it all. The estate and the Solbergs as well. If her well being didn't depend on this deal Julius was supposed to make, then she would have left the very moment she had a chance to. Bianca made her way to where the library was, momentarily staring at the door before shaking her head. She turned her head to the man next to her. Her contorted into a grimace.

"I think I'll retire early. Where is my room?" The butler moved ahead of her, leading Bianca to one of the guest rooms. She thanked him, her voice hollow of any gratitude. "You can leave now." She stated, before slamming the door shut behind her.

Bianca began pacing around the room, opening drawers and searching through the shelves to find something remotely interesting. There was nothing except for expensive looking decorations and a simple queen sized bed. She groaned, flopping onto the mattress. She stared up at the ceiling slowly beginning to feel the agitation build up in her. She needed a moment to herself, no distractions just some time to think. Her hand went to touch the moon shaped charm against her collarbone before she mumbled a spell under her breath. A light blue bubble formed around the bed, leaving her to finally relax and not worry about who came into her room. Her eyes closed, listening to what tranquil sounds the void was going to play for her today. Usually, there were faint tunes or soft humming. Bianca was manipulating her little pocket of space, so the sounds weren't unusual. She never knew where they came from, yet she didn't mind as long as she was able to keep to herself.

Her mind began to wander to the forbidden room once more. That library was one she had heard many rumors about. Being so close to it yet restricted from it was beginning to take a toll on her mentally. She let out a huff. Maybe she should just wait until everyone fell asleep. Then she could snoop around and see what Julius was attempting to hide from her.

Mentions: Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon

The child followed Alannah, keeping up with the longer legs by increasing the speed of his own. He didn't know what to say, so he simply said nothing. He looked behind him, seeing Klarion following. It was nice of him to accompany them, even if he didn't have to.

Klarion’s face fell back into its usual sneer. No matter what he still had a reputation to uphold. ‘A reputation that ruins my family’s.’ He thought. He sniffed, itching his nosering. Whether or not he was crying was unclear however his eyes stayed the same. A malicious, crimson glare. His eyes were almost as infamous as his powers. The second eldest’s eyes never changed, smile or no. They were harsh and cold. Most found themselves lost in them if they maintained eye contact for too long.

Klarion found himself absentmindedly playing with his ring. It was golden, with the Solberg crest engraved into it. It was given to all the siblings but he despised the thing. No matter how long it lay in the sun it was always cold to the touch. That cold was like his parents, always there and reminding him to keep in line. He took another deep inhale from his cigarette, the fumes numbing his thoughts. Klarion then noticed Wayne, “Is there something on my face?” He quipped, his trademark grin returning.

User User TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays

~ ~ ~

The girl frowned a little as the maid said she couldn't afford a horse. That didn't make much sense to the girl because she never had the need to worry about affording things. However, she let it go - it didnt look like it bothered the maid anyway. And, since Alfred implied that Virginia was not exactly smart, she might not know how to ride a horse and get in a lot of trouble. Suddenly the maid ran off, soon returning with some kind of monstrosity - this was the bicycle? Apparently the maid had named it, and it amused the girl a little bit but she just nodded. The bicycle wasn't exactly expensive looking, which made the girl question how little they paid the maids - she had to work at the orphanage as well to afford that? Genevieves eyes didn't exactly see the "beauty" the maid was talking about but she wanted to be polite to her.
- Err.. Yes, she is quite charming. The young girl nodded again, looking over the bike and the woman again. The thought about planning operation-Robert had been lingering in her head for a moment, and the girl decided to take a quick leave.
- It has been a pleasure, Virginia, but I have some things to do. Genevieve turned around, and walked back into the mansion without waiting for response. In a hurry, she walked across the hallways, heading for her own bedroom - it was the most peaceful place she could find, and her privacy was very unlikely to be invaded unless she was gone for days.

Once she sat down next to the vanity, she looked into the mirror.
- Robert, prepare to meet your doom. Genevieve's lips turned into a rather sinister smile, as she started to go through different options on how to deal with the goo.

"You never miss a thing, do you? You always were a sharp lass. Pun intended." He said, looking up at her with a soft laugh before his face mellowed out. "Oh, where to begin? There have been plenty of ups and downs since you've been gone, but I wont bore you with the smaller stuff. Mother and Father...well, they've sort of...gone. Somewhere in America. They sent a letter just recently explaining how...I'll be taking over in their absence. And that's not all! A Lunatonne of all people has shown up, claiming that they want peace! And this is all before the Midseason Ball, where very prominent figures of the magical community are going to show up! And lets not even get started on the mountain of worry that was me fretting over how you were getting along! Not even a single letter this whole time you were gone! Part of me thought you were dead! So yes, something is troubling me, Ms. Sharp. Goodness, at least I wont have to worry about this when I'm inside Robert..."
Donna let him monologue for awhile, a few questions coming to the surface as he spoke. She turned her head slightly at his comment of thinking she was dead. That certainly wasn't her intent, but Julius knew her well enough to know that she wasn't going to write. But he was as fickle-brained as she was when it came to remembering little details about people, and so this didn't surprise her.

A Lunatonne was interesting, to say the least. Donna didn't know much about current magical politics, having been in the wild for over a year, but last she checked the Lunatonnes and the Solbergs weren't on speaking terms. But more importantly... The Lord and Lady Solberg had left? Just... Gone? Julius was a good man, but he wasn't exactly a leader. Nor was he a politician, and one would need to be both in order to lead the Solberg family. She frowned, and listened as Julius laid out his complaints. "My lord... How can I help?"

Then his last comment struck her. "Inside Robert? Who is Robert?"

Click, Click, Click.

Her heels were soon the only sound in the hallway, save the ticking from the wooden grandfather clock. Now, the small voice in Alannah's head ushered her, you can make a conversation now. Her mouth stayed sealed, however, and she said nothing. Instead, her eyes stayed down to her shoes while her head drifted to the clouds.

The midseason ball is scheduled to begin soon. Had anyone sent out the invitations yet or even planned out the events? Usually it was mother and father's job to do so, but, with their disappearance, it would be Julius' job to host it. Alannah wasn't sure if her brother even wanted to have it this year. It was boring, at least to her - who could never sit through it without drifting to sleep in one of the chairs. It was one of the only times she gave herself slack with being mannerful.

"Is there something on my face?" Alannah rolled her eyes at Klarion's remark as she climbed the curved stairwell, but said nothing about it. Instead, she asked, "Are we still having the ball this year?"

After reaching the top of the stairwell, she turned to the left and went down the hall.

TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays L LadyLuckTakeTheWheel

Wayne ran up the stairs to keep up, but accidentally passed Alannah without even realizing it. Once he reached the top of the stairs, he sat down and waited on them, even though he would have to get up in a few seconds. When she arrived at the top of the stairs, he got up and followed her, practically inches from her heels. (Sorry for length, but I don't see much to respond to, and am lacking creativity atm)
User User
L LadyLuckTakeTheWheel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back