• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Illustrious Estate of Lord Solberg v3 - In Character

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
~ ~ ~

The girl woke up with a gasp, she had fallen asleep right against the vanity table. How stupid of her, and now she could not remember most of the ideas she had prior to falling asleep. A sigh escaped her as she searched through the drawers in the table, pulling out a quite old notebook. It was filled with some poorly written words - it used to be her diary as she enjoyed writing in the past, but it was one of those things that came and went. Scrolling through the pages, Genevieve stopped to an empty one. She then stood up, and walked to retrieve her quill and little inkbottle she had on top of a small dresser near the door before returning to the vanity table. Because her writing interest quickly died, the writing desk she had previously had been taken out - it would've just been useless in her room. Instead, it was replaced with the vanity. The girl looked down on the paper, and dipped the quill in the ink before carefully starting to write:

"1. Take Ropert from Julius, hide it.
2. Writ letter to momy and dady.
3. Take Ropert, destroy him.
4. Jump in Ropert befor Julius does."

Genevieve glanced at the paper, and frowned. All of these ideas were terrible. She then put the quill down, closed the ink bottle and lastly just ripped the page off and crumbled it. Two of her ideas included snatching Robert, and that was easier said than done. Writing a letter to their parents would no doubt cause trouble - they might have to interrupt their trip, or they would tell them to just deal with it. And getting eaten by Robert instead of Julius sounded just completely idiotic - but it was something. After all, in her mind, Julius was more beneficial to the estate than she was - and he was a genious in his own way. Besides, it would be an experiment of its own, would her small body be able to satisfy the ooze so it wouldnt be hungry anymore?

She stood up, and put the book back in the drawer, leaving the crumbled paper on the table as she knew nobody most likely would read it. Not that it was so easy to read anyway, given her handwriting wasn't too great - one of the reasons she got frustrated with writing. The girl then undressed herself, changing into her nightgown - which, obviously, was red as well. It was soft and made her feel a little better. Although, some tea would be great now, she didnt know if it was appropriate for her to go drink some tea before she would go to sleep. Well, it didn't matter, as the girl felt very tired, and climbed onto her big bed with the help of a little chair next to it - it was put there just for that purpose. Genevieve had a teddy on the bed, it was the only toy she ever kept - it wasn't cute, but rather creepy. It was black, missing one eye while the other one was a red button. It had been sown together many times, as it had lost limbs and had various holes through years. But she would never allow anyone to throw it, no matter how she was told she could have a new one. Next to the bed, on both sides, were nightdesks, with one drawer each. She opened one of them, dropping her wristband in it and closed it again. The girl crawled under the blanket, pulling it up to her shoulders and laying the teddy next to herself, her hand resting on its belly.
- Good night, Henry. She smiled a little at the teddy, before closing her eyes and slowly drifting to sleep, humming a lullaby silently.

~ ~ ~

Alannah felt herself be tugged into a hug. She was much too short to be able to see her brother's eyes, but she heard his voice perfectly. Was he crying? It sounded like he was barely keeping his self together.

"I'm sorry. I'm trying but I can't take it anymore. I'm sorry I'm the crap big brother."

Alannah never heard his tone this defeated before. She never even heard her brother apologize before. It was a monumental moment that she waited so long for, yet it wasn't as satisfying as she thought it up to be. She wanted to be mad at him. She wanted to stare him straight in the eye and tell him this didn't excuse him for his thirty years of taunting and ridiculing. But she wouldn't. She couldn't.

He was her brother, and, despite what he did, he cared for his family. Or, most of his family.

She wrapped her arms around her brother. "It's okay, Klarion." The rain outside steadied to a halt. "You're a good brother," After a brief moment, she pulled away and offered Klarion a small, reassuring smile. "Just an annoying one at times." Most times.

Alannah supposed it wasn't all Klarion's fault, however. Everyone in this household had a role to play. Klarion as the instigator. Alannah as the nagger. Cecilia as the roguish sibling. Julius as the clumsy, foolish brother. And, Gennie, as the innocent yet curious child. Their roles were so ingrained into their personalities, it was hard to overstep them.

L LadyLuckTakeTheWheel

e10d2753c06d5541fe665fdadb8a8af7.jpg
Jasmine Asta - Housecook
"You seem quiet stress Ms. Cecilia, perhaps some herbal tea? It has some calming properties to it and I'm sure it'll make you feel a bit less tense." Before even waiting to see if the young miss would like the tea, Jasmine had already began preparing it, adding a bit of sugar for her sweet tooth. It was rare that Cecilia would ring for tea but it was nice to see her a bit vulnerable, it showed that perhaps everyone in this mansion had a little humanity in them despite their tough exterior.

Of course, Jasmine added her own touch of relief in the tea for the poor girl who seemed to take the new guest in the house more rougher than the rest of the siblings. While Jasmine was never one to butt into their affairs, almost everyone within the magic realm knew what the relationship was like between the households and why it was stirring up the tension in the house. On top of Julius trying to be devoured by the slime, the difficult relationship between some of the siblings already, and having to host the ball soon, having an enemy within the estate was sure to cause a bit of a ruckus, especially for Cecilia since she was the one in charge of the wellbeing and household security. "Here's some tea and chocolate covered strawberries Ms, the berries were picked from my garden fresh this morning. I did cheat on the chocolate though, don't tell anyone." Giving Cecilia a quick wink before setting both plates on the table next to her, "As for sleep, you know I can certainly help if need be."

"The carpet stain will come out eventually, and if not, I'll just scalp Klarion order new carpet. The carpet in the dining room was bound to be replaced any time now, it's quite old. I believe 3 months old, I'm surprised it's lasted that long." Jasmine gave a genuinely content smile, like a daydreaming child or of the sort,"Don't worry about such miniscule things Ms. Cecilia, it's nothing to fret. But thank you for asking about it. As for the afternoon tea, I had never expected it to turn out the way it did but it was.. interesting to say the least. I enjoyed having everyone joining the little get together, even if it did turn sour towards the beginning.. middle... and end..." Still, her smile was relentless, she had dealt with this family for far too long to know that perfect events were never the case. "Thank you for joining us, I appreciate your time spent there."

"Ms., if you don't mind me asking if my use of magic bothers you. I've never used it to manipulate anyone within the estate's feelings negatively unless asked to. I dearly love your family, I only wish you all to be happy when I'm able to make it so." Jasmine's happy go lucky expression quickly changed to one of concern and worry, "If you'd like me to, I can listen to your thoughts if you'd like me to. I have great ears for listening." Smiling a bit again, a softer and smaller smile this time.

Benthelame Benthelame

Cecilia listened to Jasmine and studied her expression all the while. The question was an interesting one. "A little," she admitted with a sigh. "You've never given me a reason to distrust you but It's my job to keep our home safe and in a way that means being a little distrustful of everyone." She sipped her tea slowly before setting the cup back onto the table. "I know that if every one of us were to be happy it would be enough for you," she added with a smile of her own. It wasn't the wild and determined one that usually made its way across her face. This one was cordial and filled with sincerity. "I just can't figure out why it isn't enough for him. For Julius." A moment passed before she spoke again, "Could you make him want to stay, Jasmine? Can your magic do that?"

Last edited:
Donna's face changed into a look of surprise, if only for a moment, but Julius did not miss it. She started to say something, but stopped halfway through, choosing instead to look down and step away. Now that was strange, and the eccentric noble knew it didnt fit his old friend that well. Something was troubling her; was it something he said? He certainly didnt mean to upset her if that was the case...

"Donna..." he began slowly, taking another step forward to close the gap she had made. Julius very rarely addressed her by her first name, and only when he got serious would he refer to her by name. "I know you've been gone a long time, but...we are still friends, aren't we? If something troubles you, please, tell me. I would hear what plagues your thoughts." He said with a small smile, the sun finally setting behind him, a light rain beginning.

But Donna spoke up again, informing him that she was just here to serve. Julius looked down, slightly dissapointed; he couldnt force it out of her, as much as he would like to help her feel better.
"Yes, of course, Ms. Sharp. If that is what you wish. I should warn you that Robert's creation caused a bit of a...uproar. Some of the labs items may be out of place." He said with a shrug and a sigh, moving towards the doorway. "Hmm....now wasnt I supposed to be doing something with food...?" He asked aloud as he pulled the door open.

Mentions: Yatasal Yatasal

"Donna..." he began slowly, taking another step forward to close the gap she had made. Julius very rarely addressed her by her first name, and only when he got serious would he refer to her by name. "I know you've been gone a long time, but...we are still friends, aren't we? If something troubles you, please, tell me. I would hear what plagues your thoughts."
"We're still friends, of course, my lord," Donna spoke softly, putting an ever so slight emphasis on 'my lord'. Her first name in his voice struck a cord in her, and she needed to clear it out with that simple reminder. They may be friends, but that didn't mean that his station wasn't above hers. She couldn't properly express her feelings though, not without bringing up emotions she had escaped to Romania to bury. Finally, she gathered herself and tried to ignore that this time, he had stepped closer to her. "I only intend to serve you." Again, she put that little edge of emphasis on 'serve'.
"Yes, of course, Ms. Sharp. If that is what you wish. I should warn you that Robert's creation caused a bit of a...uproar. Some of the labs items may be out of place." He said with a shrug and a sigh, moving towards the doorway. "Hmm....now wasnt I supposed to be doing something with food...?"
Donna frowned. "Uproar, my lord? Will you..." Come with me, the sentence almost finished. Donna closed her mouth and began again. "If we could go to the lab, perhaps we'll figure out whatever uproar was caused." The awkwardness of the phrasing tasted sour in her mouth, but she didn't try to fix it. Julius was already moving towards the door, mumbling something about food. Donna took a step forward, and shooting pain shot up her foot from her ankle. Julius' back was turned, so he didn't see Donna's face suddenly contort in pain. Or at least, she hoped he didn't--her eyes closed at the sudden burning in her leg, and she didn't see if he noticed. He certainly didn't need another thing to worry about. She took another step, and the pain subsided to a dull throbbing. Whatever 'uproar' he had caused in her lab, it certainly wasn't anything she couldn't deal with. After the incident with the grittions, she could deal with anything.

Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon If you decide to go to the lab, Donna will follow you. If not, Donna will go to the lab by herself.

Julius was pulled out of his thoughts when Donna spoke up again. He put a hand to his chin in thought, his back still to her. It would probably be wise to sort out the lab now; Robert would need a stable environment to grow in, and Donna would more than likely be wanting to stay in her part of the lab, where the majority of her research into the magical realm of animals took place. He supposed now would be as good as time as any; perhaps he would remember whatever it was that was pulling at the back of his mind.

He began to turn so as to face Donna, but stopped when he saw her eyes closed, face twisted in pain. She seemed to be almost biting her tongue to hide the pain as well! So she had hurt herself in her ventures! He shook his head and quickly stepped toward her, one of his hands grasping her shoulder and the other holding onto her arm. "Ugh, you...you...you...big idiot! I had a feeling something was bothering you. You hurt yourself when you went...wherever it was you went, didnt you!? Tch, and here I am complaining about the trifling problems that I have when a dear friend of mine is hiding their pain behind a brave face..." he said lowly, shaking his head again with a sigh. He gripped her a little tighter as he looked down to her.

"Come along, then. We'll head to the lab and set things in order. I should still have some of the Solberg Miracle Salve around too; I'll put it on...wherever it hurts when we get there. And I dont want to hear a single "Oh no, My Lord, I wouldn't want to worry you" on the way either. Understood?" He asked her, his voice rising in pitch slightly to mimic hers. Julius' eyes stared down tightly into her own; it was fairly obvious he cared about Donna, and with good reason. His family was basically responsible for the death of her father, and instead of holding a grudge, she forgave them. Julius would never forget the day he arrived at the Sharp Manor, offering his condolences about her fathers death and shamefully asking for the talisman that had done him in. He had fully expected her to refuse, to declare her hatred for them; but she forgave them without a second thought. Ever since then, Julius has worked tirelessly to try and repay her somehow; to show her a kindness that she had showed them...

Mentions: Yatasal Yatasal

Klarion inhaled shakily, gazing at his sister. He didn’t deserve her. He didn’t deserve any of them. No matter what he does they always forgive him and he would never understand that.

He sighed at her comment, “I deserved that I suppose.” He brushed himself off and straightened. He wiped his nose and raised an eyebrow at her, “Don’t tell Julius about...that.” He pinched the bridge of his nose, “the man doesn’t take me seriously as it is.” He looked up, “speaking of which, where is he? He better get his unsightly arse in bed soon. If I get woken up one more time by his ridiculous experiments, he is going to be blasted into next week.” He lit a cigarette, “Now off with you, you get cranky when you’re tired.” His facadé was back up again. He took a long drag from his cigarette and he turned on his heel. The cracks of his heels resounded through the house then faded away.

User User

Alannah pinched her thumb and pointer finger together and ran them across her lips, as if she was zipping up her mouth.

"Now off with you, you get cranky when you're tired." Alannah's cheeks turned rosy as they puffed up, but she didn't argue. After all, he was right. Without sleep, the Solberg girl would turn even more mercurial than usual. On one occasion, just a mere year ago, she had tried staying up for her parents, mistakenly hearing that they would arrive that night instead of the next, and ended up in a fit of laughter, tears, and fumes the entire day after being up for so long.

She watched as her brother sauntered down the hallway. "Night," she spoke, before turning around and heading to her room.

L LadyLuckTakeTheWheel

"Ugh, you...you...you...big idiot! I had a feeling something was bothering you. You hurt yourself when you went...wherever it was you went, didnt you!? Tch, and here I am complaining about the trifling problems that I have when a dear friend of mine is hiding their pain behind a brave face... Come along, then. We'll head to the lab and set things in order. I should still have some of the Solberg Miracle Salve around too; I'll put it on...wherever it hurts when we get there. And I don't want to hear a single "Oh no, My Lord, I wouldn't want to worry you" on the way either. Understood?"
Donna pressed her lips together, realizing with dread that he had seen her. "It's nothing, my lord--" she began when he continued to speak. She gave a short chuckle when he mimicked her voice, and the pain subsided, especially as he looked at her so earnestly. She saw something else flash through his eyes--guilt, perhaps? Melancholy? Donna met his gaze for a few seconds, and then closed her eyes and glanced away, finding it too intense. He cared--but not like she cared for him. No, not anymore, not anymore, Donna told herself. A year in Romania took care of that. "Alright, my lord. Although really you shouldn't worry--it's an old injury acting up, nothing more."

Although that was a bit of a fib--the injury was a little over four months old. She had just barely been able to walk on it, and suspected that she'd live with the limp for the rest of her life. Not that she would ever tell Julius what really had happened--he might be worried, but he didn't need to know how bad it had been, and therefore become even more worried.

Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon

Last edited:
e10d2753c06d5541fe665fdadb8a8af7.jpg
Jasmine Asta - Housecook
Expressions of genuineness and sincerity crossed Cecilia's face, something that was rarely seen from the headstrong girl which made Jasmine's heart ache at the sound of her frustration of Julius. From a sibling's perspective, Jasmine could understand why Julius' plan to be engulfed by a goo monster made her feel so terribly sad and even unwanted. "Could you make him want to stay, Jasmine? Can your magic do that?" Ceilica asked, only caused her to want to hug the poor young lady but she refrained for only the thought of not wanting to make the lady of the house feel inferior or weak.

"Well.." Jasmine began but her voice only tapered a bit towards the end, "That is a very specific feeling my Lady.." Offering a short smile to break the heavy air, "But if it is a request from you, I can certainly do my best to make Lord Julius stay, even for a bit longer." Her smile only lingered ever so slightly, her eyes, however, were more serious than before.

Benthelame Benthelame

Wayne woke with a start, he seemed scared, very scared. A small scream escaped from his lips, it took everything in his power to not do more. He had completely forgotten where he was at, which only heightened his fear. He seemed to be checking himself for wounds, and was in tears. It took him around an entire minute to realize that it was only a dream, and that he was with the Solbergs. He knew he wouldn't be able to fall back asleep, so he simply sat on his bed, thinking back on the horrible dream, one that was worse than your average nightmare because it had actually happened.
(I was getting bored and realized I should probably post but this is all I could come up with for now)

Bianca awoke from the short nap she had taken. She sat up and stretched her arms above her, sighing in relief when she heard the satisfying pop of her joints. She attempted to rub the sleep from her eyes as she stood from the bed, smoothing down the wrinkles in her skirt. She quickly ran her fingers through her disheveled hair. Her eyes glanced out the window, noting it was late and most of the household was mostly either in bed or preoccupied with something else other than the library.

Her fingers touched the moon charm of her neck as she removed the field around her. She went to peak out the door, noticing the intimidating butler from before had left. Probably to fulfill some other duties around the mansion. Perfect. Bianca stepped out into the hall, cringing at how the floorboard creaked under her weight. She carefully made her way towards the library, making sure to peak around the corners of the hallway before she continued towards her destination. Bianca approached the library door, opening it slightly and peering through the small crack. It appeared to be empty so it seemed safe for her to enter and hide in one of the darker corners of the extensive library.

She went in, making sure to shut the door behind her before she began searching through the different books. She wasn't here to steal secrets, that would mean the possible termination of her supposed business deal and she was already risking it just to find some source of entertainment. No one in the estate wanted her present, obviously, the only place where she felt she could actually enjoy was the library and that's what she intended on doing for the remaining hours of the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back