• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
(Hope i got all interactions correct a bit sleepy)

Anat the conjuration wizard
Interaction: Genii Genii Lost Echo Lost Echo Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Anat reacted well, seeing the little slime attach itself to Ramirez, it was a simple gesture of interest for some reason, the slime liked him alot witch was odd in its own but nothing out of the ordinary. Soon Meg joining in for the blob, giving it water in other words, maybe the little guy should be her mascot "Hehehe he really likes you guys, a bit surprised" Usually the slime are shy creatures but this one is rather fond of them witch was a bit abnormal. In the time Ana stood out of the pool and sat on the bench starting to dry herself a bit since she was not covered in mud in any way so not a whole hundred bath was needed. But hearing meg decline there quest joining was a bit of a down mood but she understood and did not push it in any way of the word. Its her choice but getting her a souvenir was a perfect idea.

Looking over at She nodded "Yes i can summon him whenever, but now, my bigger friends need the book and some spell chant" she could easily summon smaller or weak ones easily but stuff like a pack of wolfs or a small wyvern would need some beckoning, but a chosen? that's a whole miniature ritual in other words. But as she looked at Meg, the glistening blue light shined her face noticing a crystalline formation on Ramirez. She stopped drying herself and watched curiously especially as Meg asked what was it...maybe that's why her little slime friend liked him?

And soon the story unfolded, this man was brought from the brink of death by literal solid concentrated magic "Amazing...so, you are in a way, in and out covered in this material" She stated in more a question, Anat has seen them before in some way in books and of different colors but she has NEVER seen them used to....basically keep a person alive. And its spreading....could something like this limit his movement in the long run? would he be covered in solid magical stone and, basically, become a statue? so many questions.

Making sure to take a mental note and the fact they grown on his wounds, they seem to aid his survivability in a way, "Perplexing, i am taken back Ramirez, so this...formation of solid magic is more akin to aiding you. They seem to be in some way , annoying i would say, but are they....a danger or harm to you?" She asked, wondering if do at some points cause some harm to him? By mere sight she cant tell, but if dose in fact harm him then it's important to find some way to prevent such. Ana is a researcher and this phenomenon was far to interesting but, asking for samples or test would be a quite disrespectful act ,especially when she just met the man! Sure, she is not focused on humans but could this effects' animals? even still, curiosity was it's all now.

Looking over at her slime friend , smiling "Time to come home, best not leave you out to long" and with a flick of her hand the little slime seem to slowly float towards her and land on the book, seeming to be absorbed by the same, patting the book knowing he was safe and sound. Anat did not wish to interject to much information and rather wait for a time she could directly ask Ramirez, but hope he will be alright. She looked over at the Trio and smiled...maybe this place was full of great people and her misjudgement was that, false thoughts. She was glad to have met them.

'The Phantom Armory'.jpgConnor Brazzinford.jpg
Connor Brazzinford - 'The Phantom Armory'

Interactions: Lander ( soulofeden soulofeden ) Barry ( Genii Genii )

"Yeah, I'll be getting started on another suit of armor within the week." Connor piped up as she took a small chug from her mug, setting it down on the counter. "With the armory fully stocked and with excess armor I'm not using, I'm probably going to start making and selling custom ordered armor for guild members for awhile. It'll be at a reduced price, but it should help the rookies be a little less risky by having affordable armor available." Connor added before taking another swig, her cheeks turning red as the effects of the alcohol started to kick in. And then her attention turned to the person next to her, who seemed much more drunk than she was at the moment - though she vaguely recalled seeing him at the bar when she had entered the guild hall. The way he dressed with all of the black clothes seemed a little too moody for her, but she wasn't much of one to talk since her armor gave off a similar vibe. Beyond that impression however it was hard to notice anything as or more significant about him, so her attention just as quickly parted from him back to her drink.

"Bandits, hmmm? Most impressive considering you seem to have returned from your quest alone."

His words seemed to hit a bit of a nerve, as her head quickly turned to look him dead in the eyes with a curious but irritable glare. Some of the other patrons within the guild hall grew silent as Connor had a tendency to chew people out, whether it be for sexist remarks or demeaning comments about her lack of 'tradition'. However, for the moment she held her scathing words, her lips parting as she took a shallow breath in.
"By what means would you say it was 'impressive'? Because if you're implying what I think you're implying, consider my services unavailable for the foreseeable future."

Last edited:
Callan

“S’that right...” Callan commented with a patronising tone. “Didn’t realise black feathers were so sought after. Maybe I’ll go pluck m’self and head to Orlais.” The Siren’s quips were tinder-dry. It was always difficult to tell if he was joking or not.

He huffed out a laugh as Pierre mentioned his goal to get rich. Rookies. “There’s easier ways ter make money, Mate.”

“Get him a Dragon’s fire.” Callan suggested to Barry when Pierre asked for a stronger drink. “One fer me too.”

Barry grumbled to himself as he went to collect an ornate jug from a high shelf. The neck of it resembled a dragon’s open maw, with pointed teeth and a spout-like tongue.

The dwarf soon returned and poured out the bright orange liquor into two tiny mugs - which perhaps was a good indication of how potent the drink might be.

Callan discreetly glanced over at Lander and Connor for a moment, but decided not to poke his nose in.

Maxxob Maxxob II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II soulofeden soulofeden

________

Colin & Beryl

Colin may not have been able to respond verbally, but all three of his free hands gave Rika a thumbs-up. He looked happy to see the woman, however brief her visit might be.

Beryl turned away from the quest board and waited for Rika to find her words. “Aye. He did.” The Half-orc answered. “-and I’ll be needing a bigger office at this rate.” She was exaggerating of course, there was a decent pile of post for the sorcerer, but it didn’t take up that much space.

Oli Beju Oli Beju
((Yay! 😁))

________

Percival

Blackouts? That didn’t sound good. Then again if Ramirez was facing monsters like the Shaelmaar every day, perhaps being encrusted in glowing gemstones was the least of the man’s worries.

“Well… as long as you aren’t in any pain I suppose it’s nothing to worry about…?” Percival had to force himself to stole staring at the Veteran’s beating heart. Luckily little Dropsies melting back into Anat’s book did the trick.

“Bigger friends?” Percival repeated Anat’s words as he waded out of the pool. He grabbed a towel from one of the benches to cover himself. He wasn’t normally so self-conscious, but beside Ramirez’s Herculean warrior physique… well… the teen had a lot of catching up to do.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Yonsisac Yonsisac Lost Echo Lost Echo

Last edited:
The girl’s abated excitement turned anxiety… soon turned to a near panic attack, but all the same, she mustered more words, almost habitually with a somewhat forced laugh. “Thank you! If all goes well, I might make enough to help you build one!” It would’ve been long overdue.

~​

Without any further ado about naught, she scurried over to the office area, avoiding touching anything that bore the Hunter’s Gold Insignia, or worse… anything that looked like it might belong to Beryl personally. Having presumed so upon the half-orc’s kindness as was, she didn’t want to cross any further boundaries than necessary (the fact that she’d invited herself into Beryl’s office apparently didn’t fit that measure). Without much fanfare, she found the pile of letters addressed to her, and sat on the floor, picking them individually.

There was a litany of envelopes, a few scrolls, and a package, which she quickly put in her bag; several of the letters appeared dingy, or folded and trodden upon, but all closed properly. Rika muttered to herself as she shifted through them. “University… tariff… university…” There were also a few scrolls... one of which was sealed with red wax, imprinted with a monogram of a phoenix. A sudden, torrid anxiety wrapped its way around her windpipe again, this one different from earlier, but all too familiar, as she opened the scrolled letter and read its contents with substantially more care than the previous ones. “By law of the legal procuration of the Most Honorable Marquesse Antony… demands the return of…. whereupon such date… penalties… …” Having indulged this song and dance before, she skipped the letter’s remaining contents, down to the signature, seeing that familiar name. “Signed, the Marquesse of Castillo…” Her focus turned to a frown, and then an outright scowl, crumpling the paper and, unable to look at it, placed it on Beryl’s desk. “I’ll have a ball burning that later…” Shifting through the other papers, she finally found the one for which she was searching.

This parchment had a green wax seal, its monogram featuring a stag’s head, though without the trappings that would’ve otherwise delineated a direct association with the crown. The parchment was significantly cleaner as well. Hastily, Rika opened the letter and began reading through its contents, eyes wide wtih excitement… and then narrowing, and then closing in disappointment. Placing the letter at her side, she remained completely still, staring into space as though having seen impossibly forward to the world’s end days. With a torpidity begotten by disappointment, she stuffed the letters into her bag, stood, and walked out of the office, shutting the door behind her, and making her way across the inn to Hannah’s quarters.

~​

On reaching aforementioned quarters, she knocked twice; politely, but loud enough just in case there was talking on the other side… “Hey Hannah? S’me, Rika… you busy?” She tried to mask her evident disappointment, but figured that guile would be of no use here. This elf had a strange habit of knowing everything.

Genii Genii

Ramirez hmmed "Well other than just a lil discomfort there isnt really much in the way of pain..." He stood and turned round to get a towel to wrap round his waist to cover his modesty for the ladies, showing a sort of star burst like shape of stones on his back. Carefully climbing out of the pool he grabbed another towel to ruffle through his hair. "Let go get ourselves a victory and welcome feast shall we?" He beamed.

location - baths
Genii Genii Lost Echo Lost Echo Yonsisac Yonsisac
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tobias returned to the inn with the rest of the group, making a beeline to the bar and Callan. "there ya are..." He paused noting the new face, was this a friend of Callan's?

Maxxob Maxxob

Lost Echo Lost Echo Gwenymoo Gwenymoo
Morgana stepped inside, she shook her head as if Urzoth just didn't get it. "Replace every part? Not exactly...more like get rid of the need for a single permanent body all together...Have extras bodies to slip into."

Pestle shifted a little once they were inside, head craning to see around the guild hall.

Pierre
Interactions: Callan Genii Genii / Tobias Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"I wouldn't recommend visiting the country right now. Things are… complicated" - those words seemed to be very difficult for him to verbalize, but they were, in fact, the truth - "Plus it would be a waste if you lost your feathers…” - Pierre said that, moving a bit closer to Callan as to almost inspect the feathers in question - “... can you fly? Assuming you can, I bet having these are so useful! Getting into the high balconies of noblewomen or engaged ladies without having to climb a wall sounds perfect. I’ve lost the count of how many times I almost fell and broke my neck while doing it so” - the former-guard said so, with a devious smirk on his face.

An expression of puzzlement was present on his face when Callan laughed and implied there were better ways to make earnings than to join up with the guild - “Ah, easier ways… but would they be as fun as getting paid to stab something through their eye’s socket?” - he asked, holding out his index finger and poking the air, as if mimicking the said action - “Plus, a little excitement never did me any harm. What would be life without it?” - he gave the feathered male a naïve smile.

Pierre looked at the drink in front of him. Its color was almost a warning, like some specially aggressive animals have bright, strong colors to their skin or feathers - “Mmmmm… oh, hey there!” - he said to the new arrival, as he was getting ready to pick up the liquid and drink it - “Why don’t you sit down and also order some… some…” - the fencer seemed like he had forgotten the name of the drink, the index finger of his left hand hovering over it, making circular motions as if trying to jog his memory to the name of it - “... some Dragon’s Fire!” - it looked like his memory was still working fine, although the same could probably not be said about the rest of his brains. The man then patted the stool beside him, while still looking at Tobias as if to join both himself and Callan - “The more, the merrier” - he smirked.

"Sure!" Tobias sat at the stool and set aboit dividing up the coins from.the quest, it was clear maths was not a skill of his and he made a concentrating expression. "Dis is harder dan I thought" he lamented.

Genii Genii Maxxob Maxxob

Ruck1. Ramirez could actually be a good person. Meg didn’t want to totally trust it, but he just kept being so nice. Like no one could really be that nice, right? Head pats weren’t on the level of hugs, but they were nice.

Then he elaborated on his condition. (Maybe he was nice because he was made of magic now? Meg had always found magic to be nice.) She wanted to touch, but pushed the urge away. She knew, no matter what, she always had a limited amount of leeway. Just because it was different here didn’t mean she wanted to go too far. Anat asked the important question; if it harmed him, but more were flooding Meg’s mind. Did he look blue when he was cut? Was he so strong becuase of it or because of exercise? Did he need exercise? Had he just asked the stones to be dimmer at night? Or would that stop them from keeping him alive?

The questions pushed against her lips like water against a dam, but Dropsie’s departure flicked her mind to a new channel. The little slime was pulled toward Anat (or the book? Could she do this without holding it?) Meg couldn’t help wave, knowing it was silly, but she felt a loss, like when the stray cat she fed outside the tavern moved on. Watching Anat pat the book, Meg couldn’t help but wonder, where was Dropsie now? Was he in the book? Could you flip to a page showing him bobbing around?

As Ramirez also got out, Meg realized that she too would. She thanked the water, giving it a head pat (or something similar) before climbing out herself. As she climbed the steps, she used her right hand to pull water from her undergarments, keeping her modesty. Once fully clear of the pool, she worked on pulling the water out of her hair, trying to keep the frizz down. “Sounds good. Then we can check the board?” She glanced at Anat, remembering her request. She might be scared--feel it was best to learn at least something more before trying again (and maybe make a new staff?) but she didn’t want the mage to worry about being forgotten.

Meg hurried behind the screen once more to dress. The clothes were damp from the steam, but it was easy for her to dry them once more. She dressed quickly, forgoing the wraps on her arms, before stepping out once more.

1. Can we curse?

Hannah (npc)

Hannah opened the door to the infirmary soon after she heard the knock. “Hello Rika, it’s lovely to see you again. Are you alright… please, do come in.” The wood elf beaconed the sorcerer inside. It appeared she had a couple of patients in the room, but they were unconscious, so they wouldn’t be interrupting.

Oli Beju Oli Beju

Callan

“Noted.” Callan said as Pierre warned him about Orlais. He’d not long since fled a complicated Kingdom, so he had no desire to visit another.

He was about to answer the rookie’s question, but Pierre kept on talking - he certainly liked the sound of his own voice. He couldn’t help but smirk about the man’s balcony hopping comment. “Who’ve you been talkin’ to?”

As a dishonourable Knight he may have… served a few Lords and Ladies, but he’d need a lot more drinks in his system to talk about that.

“Y’ve got me there.” He said as Pierre explained he was also here for some excitement. Monster hunting definitely wasn’t boring.

“To pokin’ eyes out… n’ open balconies.” The Siren made a toast before downing his shot. He’d built up a tolerance to the fiery beverage, but it still made him wince.

“Toby, Pierre - Pierre, Toby.” Callan quickly introduced the rookies to one another, before helping himself to more Dragon’s Fire. He (generously) filled his empty whisky glass for Tobais.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Maxxob Maxxob

Last edited:
Ah. That at least sounded closer to immortality. Just as creepy. “Check with Beryl before you leave full corpses in your room.” Automatically, they scanned the room. The pup went straight to its mother, expected. And some loudmouth was bothering Callan--what was it about the siren that drew all of them to him? Down the bar, Connor and Lander were drinking. They couldn’t tell if it was together or just side by side. Looking at Morgana and Pestle, they asked, "Have you picked out a room yet? You wanna put the head there or go straight to Hannah?"

Pierre
Interactions: Tobias Gwenymoo Gwenymoo / Callan Genii Genii

Reactions: Connor II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II / Lander soulofeden soulofeden

And now, they were a trio. Drinking alone was fine, but Pierre preferred to drink with company. Watching the struggle Tobias had with calculating how many coins he needed for the drink, the former-noble didn’t know exactly what to think of it. His eyes kept alternating between the coins in his hand and the man’s face. Having had little contact with those of lower class, which usually were the ones that had incomplete or no education at all, that was a distant problem for him. In fact, his mind wasn’t able to wrap around what the difficulty was, but he kept his silence. But he didn’t remain stoic. When he moved in to help his guild mate to calculate how many coins he needed for the drink, his other feathered colleague had already taken care of the drink-less Tobias.

“Around these parts no one in particular, I’ve only been here for a few days… but I got to say, the capital sure is something - great brothels” - his face was wrapped into a suggestive look. His attention was then snatched by something who was happening a few meters of distance away. In fact, the life of the bar had died in the surroundings of what seemed to be building up towards something. Someone in a black, ornate armor appeared to be having some sort of disagreement with a black-hooded fellow. And what appeared it would decide how things would go was the meaning of certain words - “A pity when people don’t mean what they say and don’t say what they mean” - “I bet in the one with the black armor. How about you?” - he commented to the newly arrived Tobias, using his own eyes to direct him towards what he was talking about.

“To poking eyes out and open balconies!” - Pierre repeated the toast, in quite a loud voice, and tried to down his own shot in a single swig, just Callan had just done. Oh, how foolish was of the foreigner to try to keep up with a local. As the drink went down his throat, the burning sensation was almost unbearable. Not only that, his mouth felt like it was on fire, just as if a local arsonist had set his mouth on fire and the fire department were on vacation - “Sacrebleu! Ahhhh” - his face contorted, and he sure was surprised with the drink. Coughing a few times, he sucked the air through his teeth while he bore the burning sensation - “Ni-nice to meet you, To-tobias…” - the former-guard managed to say it, his tone going all over the place - “A-another…” - he squirmed, pointing shyly at his own glass.

Tobias knocked back his shot with ease kike it was water. "Uh .thanks. " he smiled and patted the nan's back. "Are you ok? Did it go downthe wrong pipe?"

Yashtsher

A big red lizardman in black armor was seen slowly approaching from Wild Lands towards Baylin’s Wall with a tattered piece of paper that appeared to be probably a map but it’s now barely recognizable. The lizardman took a look at the ragged paper for the last time before tossing it to the ground. With a satisfied look on his face, he took a step towards the entrance of the wall. The lizardman walks rather slow, as if he enjoys taking his time walking in a beautiful park. Though this was not the case for him, while indeed he’s happy and walks slowly, it's just his age showing that he’s not as agile compared to his prime.

The sighting made the guardsmen alerted, lest it was a wild monster that came to raid the wall. Noticing the guardsmen readied their weapons, the lizardman stopped and put up his arms in the air indicating he had no wish to assault.
“Wait...! I bear nay ill!” Shout the lizardman trying to ease up the situation. Hearing the plea, the guardsmen began to approach this lizardman though they were still wary and hesitant. “W-What business have you got with Colby?” Asked one of the guardsmen while keeping their distance. The lizardman grins a little after receiving the guardsmen question. Does this reptile actually up for no good? The guardsmen became more wary after seeing the lizard’s expression.
“Aye! I'm searching f'r ’the Hunter’s Inn’ locat'd in Colby!” Answered the lizardman happily, “I has't arriv'd at last!”
“Yes! I’m searching for ’the Hunter’s Inn’ located in Colby” “I have arrived at last!”
Ah… So this lizardman was actually one of those weirdos that was either brave or foolish enough to play around with danger. The guardsmen sighed in relief after confirming the lizardman’s intention although they hadn't put their guard down completely. “If you’re looking for the Hunter’s Inn, just follow this path and you’ll get there.” The guardsmen answered while pointing at the direction. Just before the lizardman left, the other guardsmen gave him a large piece of fabric, “Here, put on this fabric before you go. The residents will be frightened if they see an unfamiliar face with a menacing appearance.”

The lizardman then left the guardsmen after giving them a gesture of gratitude and walked the path following the told direction. After some walk the lizardman stumbled upon a peculiar building decorated with a red dragon skull and bustled with individuals coming in and out. The place seemed to be very lively, with chatters and music that could be heard even from miles away. This is probably the place.

It probably became a spectacle as this red scaly one entered the Inn nearly blocking off the doorway. He looked left and right observing the place before started to introduce himself.
“Valorous even ‘unters of Hunter’s Inn, Yashtsher ‘ere desire to enlist. What be the requirements?”
“Good evening hunters of Hunter’s Inn, I’m Yashtsher and wanted to enlist. What are the requirements?”
With a loud and hoarse voice, his speech feels more like a declaration of war instead of an introduction.

((I put translations of Yashtsher's speech that probably seems to be gibberish underneath them in case it's hard to understand haha))
((Also not sure how'd it look on mobile as I'm trying to put them on center using inline code tag))

Genii Genii Lost Echo Lost Echo Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Anat soon was all dried up and looking down at her open book on Dropsies page. There he was, a simple sketched image of the slime, a simple summoning rune sketched beneath it. It was simple and did not require consecration like other spells. Most summoning spells needing the casters focus in the spand of its duration to keep them, well, summoned. Some like dropsies, imps or wolf's don't, there simplicity being a advantage. But the rest like bears, lions or chooses need it. All that is needed are a good hit and Ana might lose focuse, risking her summons to poof away. Looking at Percy she noded, "wolf's, bears, imps and many more"

Ramirez clarifying the fact it's but a mere discomfort, or itch and no danger was a calming sign but, his heart being literally see through from his chest was just...so out of this world. Rarely you get the chance to see a man who seems to be tied to raw magic and with a crystalline window in his chest in other words to see his heart. She did not want to know how....it might have felt being introduce to this crystal formation the first time. The feeling if it maybe crawling inside your wounds and skin, it's heat radiating and itching every second. Was unsettling, maybe it was not even like that, maybe he felt no pain. But just the word 'experiment' could mean it could nit be so....tolerable perhaps

Looking over at Meg she noded, and agreed with a thumbs up, hmmm did she not want to join one? Well seems she changed her mind. Getting up and entering the curtain where she left her stuff, began to dress in the padded leather and iron pads of her armor/cleric uniform and accommodate spare clothes in her leather pack. Looking at the book she sigh, instead of putting it inside the pack, she used 2 leather straps and hanged the book along the left side of her hip, we are going a quest and easy acces to magic was necessary and she was not even done. Befor the quest she must scribe on her arm to use some summons. Pre-preperation befor the actual quest.

Percival

Percival returned to his things to get dressed too. His gambeson and trousers were still filthy, but his shirt wasn’t too bad… and his armour.

“… what…?” The teen was very confused to find that the chest plate, wrist guards and boots had all been cleaned, polished and restored to their former glory.

______

Callan

Callan laughed at Pierre’s reaction to the Dragon’s Fire. He’d never admit it but the drink had caught him by surprise too the first time he’d tried it.

“You get used to it.” He poured out another for the two rookies before turning to look Lander and Connor’s way again.

“Beryl.” Callan gave his vote for who would win if the two veterans decided to fight. He’d seen the blunt end of the guild master’s axe for brawling in the guildhall before.

He was about to polish off another shot when Yashtsher made their entrance. “Friend of yours?” He said to Tobias, referring to the red lizard man at the door.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo chloro chloro Maxxob Maxxob

Ah. That at least sounded closer to immortality. Just as creepy. “Check with Beryl before you leave full corpses in your room.” Automatically, they scanned the room. The pup went straight to its mother, expected. And some loudmouth was bothering Callan--what was it about the siren that drew all of them to him? Down the bar, Connor and Lander were drinking. They couldn’t tell if it was together or just side by side. Looking at Morgana and Pestle, they asked, "Have you picked out a room yet? You wanna put the head there or go straight to Hannah?"
Morgana shook her head, "No I haven't just yet. I don't...sleep often."
She hefted the Leshen head and nodded towards the infirmary. "I'll be off to see Hannah."

Pierre
Interactions: Callan Genii Genii / Tobias Gwenymoo Gwenymoo / Yashtsher chloro chloro

Mentions: Berryl Genii Genii

"T-thanks, it went down the correct pipe" - Pierre cleared his throat and regained his composure - "It j-just surprised me, that is all" - he tried to sound his best as to dispel whatever worries Tobias may have had about his current condition. With his right index finger, the fencer wiped out the tears that had beginning to form in the corners of his eyes. In his mind, a question presented itself: how had these two become used to such hellish drink? He knew he had to get used to it as well, maybe those are the most common drinks in his new land.

"Berryl?" - he asked, still with a cracking voice - "Eh... is there a no brawling inside the bar policy?" - he didn't remember any such a thing being in the contract, but then again one couldn't expect every forbidden thing to be listed there. His eyes darted towards Berryl, looking at the guildmistress head to toe. His expression bore a smug to his face, his eyes resembling a fox when entering a henhouse - "I sure wouldn't mind finding it out personally" - the alcohol he had earlier in the capital, plus the two drinks he had in the guild started to produce its effects. What was supposed to be a fleeting thought came bursting out of his mouth. Maybe no one had noticed? Not that Pierre was in a state to care.

Hearing his glass being filled once again, his attention snapped to the glass in front of him. His eyes focused on the liquid, moving ever so slowly in his glass. Taking it in his right hand, he raised the glass in front of him, ready to drink the dangerous concoction when his attention shifted towards the bar's entrance - "One more to join our drinking!" - he smile at the lizard-looking creature, beckoning it towards the trio with his hands"

It’s wonderful to see you again as well, Lady Hannah!” Rika’s inveterate politeness was regularly summoned upon reception by the wood elf, as though greeting a noblewoman, if for no other reason than because the elf's kindness seemed almost to call for it. She entered the infirmary when beckoned, neglecting to look at the other patients and heading over to one of the areas with a little more privacy, preferably blocked off by a curtain or other barrier. “My apologies for my absence the last few months. I really didn’t expect to be gone for so long. The east coast really is a beautiful place. I think Colin really liked the herbs that I brought him, but I sadly couldn’t find anything of medicinal use that you don’t already have in abundance!

Once in a private area, she began rolling up the left sleeve of her blouse, revealing a black colored birthmark on the crease of her elbow, roughly five fingers in width and wrapping ‘round the front and back of the arm, like a band. In the centermost area on the mark, was the faintest iridescence of a pearlescent crimson glow. She stared a the mark as if inspecting its edges, worriedly, quietly and dithered on the glow for all but a few seconds before looking away. “… Perhaps you could lie to me just this once and say it’s become smaller?” She let out a half hearted laugh, contrite in the truth that beckoned.

Genii Genii

Last edited:
Tobias looked round at the new face, "no...dont look like any Gothmog O know..." he shrugged and knocked back the drink again, giving a blue belch of flame. "I like dis drink." Tobias purred happily to the due...."uhhh whyd u want ta be in a henhouse?"

Callan

“Aye. Didn’t ya read the contract?” Callan rolled his eyes. “Yer got a problem with someone, suck it up… or take it outside.” And by outside Callan meant outside of the city, because Beryl seemed to have eyes everywhere.

The Siren scoffed as he overheard Pierre’s tipsy pass at the half-orc. “Your funeral.” He warned as he knocked back another drink.

He almost choked as Tobias belched out his blue flames. He leaned away from the heat and discreetly thumped his chest to help the burning alcohol go down. “Think you might’ve ‘ad enough.”

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Maxxob Maxxob chloro chloro

______

Hannah

Hannah didn’t lie to Rika, but she hid her concerns well as she inspected the magic malady. The mark had grown in size significantly since they last met.

“I wish you’d visit me more often. It’ll only get worse if you don’t.” The Elf said. Her tone was quite maternal, a gentle reprimand to the sorcerer for not looking after herself.

Hannah placed her hand over the strange mark and her palm began to glow. It would feel warm against Rika’s skin and cause a strange tingling sensation.

Oli Beju Oli Beju

Last edited:
Pestle slithered down off of Morgana's shoulders and investigated the bar from the ground, winding around the stools beneath those enjoying themselves with drink.
The zombie python steadily explored the floor, nosing at crumbs only to continue searching with disinterest upon discovering these crumbs weren't live prey

Rika tensed slightly as the glowing ensued, but then becalmed again. Hannah’s touch was as gentle as a psalm, but her tone was an honest and necessary one. Looking at the bag, which she’d sat down at the base of her seat/padded bed, she began, softly, “I truly thought that I’d find something out east, but it turned out that the sightings were completely false… what I was looking for wasn’t there, which means I’m completely out of leads again.” She inhaled, a pensive sigh emerged. “And what’s worse… the Royal Arrondissement has rejected my charter for an expedition on the South Sea. Apparently, if it doesn’t line the crown’s pockets with foreign goods, they’ve no interest in sanctioning it. So I’m back at square one… again. Realizing that she was devolving into a dour mood, she shortly after quipped, “Well, dejection is a bar-keep’s best friend, so perhaps I’ll pay Barry a visit before I go upstairs to figure out what to do.” She tried to force a laugh, but the day’s repeated doses of disappointments had taken their toll on her countenance.

Genii Genii

Last edited:
"Awww but I aint even tipsy yet" Tobias pouted then sniffed smelling sumit familiar, he leant down to retrieve the lumpy snake, "ya might have better luck up ere" he chuckled popping the python on the bar, "Do you drink?"

nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

Pierre
Interactions: Callan Genii Genii / Tobias Gwenymoo Gwenymoo / Pestle nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

Tobias’ question was a strange one, talking about hen house. Under normal circumstances, Pierre would have asked if he was okay, but due to the level of alcohol in his blood, he answered the question in a heartbeat - “Mmmm… if I were to be in a hen house, I would rather be a fox. Ever saw a chicken fight off a fox? They don’t. The fox is left to do as it pleases” - a huge swig of the glass on his hand down the burning liquid went one more time. The fencer’s face still contorted when the liquid burned his mouth and his throat, but it was slightly more manageable this time around, without tears. Yay! Maybe Pierre is finally turning into a big boy.

Certainly, Callan’s advice came from a place of knowledge, not a feeling. He must have known the guildmistress way better than the newcomer, but his words of caution fell upon deaf ears. He might as well be talking to a door about that subject - “You can’t spell funeral without ‘fun’!” - he retorted, with a wide, almost stupid grin on his lips, clearly proud of himself to have thought of such an answer in the state he found himself in - “Awww, don’t be like that with the boy!” - his arm reached and went around Tobias’ shoulder, bringing the man closer to himself, while he talked with the feathered colleague - “Let him drink! Shouldn’t we have fun today, for tomorrow we may be dead?” - he said so, having recovered for the rough, yet mesmerizing of the Dragon’s Fire.

His eyes then locked onto the snake that was in the bar counter - “Look at this little guy!” - he pointed at the python with his leather glove, from a safe distance. Well, maybe safe in his own alcohol filled mind. Retrieving his glass, he saw that there were still a few droplets of the Dragon’s Fire in it - “What do you say? Want to try some?” - he asked the slithering being, ready to pour it down its throat if it shows interest in the liquid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back