• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Horde’s- Occ

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
So, it looks like we have a bunch of humans. Except also... two dead Titans.

1] Evidence of another sapient race is evidence of possibility for more races. Are there any other humanoid races?
2] Or maybe even better... Are there any that are extinct, like the Titans appear to be?
3] Seriously, could/did the bloodlines mix at any point? Titan or otherwise?

mfw bing bing bong Thandrell & Vulkun

1703849007876.jpeg1703849051271.jpeg

====

1703849234001.jpeg1703849243866.jpeg

Attachments

• 1703848956878.jpeg
    1703848956878.jpeg
    387.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 1703848992486.jpeg
    1703848992486.jpeg
    355.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 1703849249285.jpeg
    1703849249285.jpeg
    317.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 1703849267863.jpeg
    1703849267863.jpeg
    396.2 KB · Views: 2
So, it looks like we have a bunch of humans. Except also... two dead Titans.

1] Evidence of another sapient race is evidence of possibility for more races. Are there any other humanoid races?
2] Or maybe even better... Are there any that are extinct, like the Titans appear to be?
3] Seriously, could/did the bloodlines mix at any point? Titan or otherwise?
Sadly humans are the only currently playable race. Titans and giants were considered mythological figures up until a few years ago when the necromancers found two.

Scarily enough that gives more credence to the reason why the “Fields of Peace” exist, it is said a titan still dwells there hidden in the deep jungle and he Disallows violence in his territories putting quick ends to it by bending the very weather and landscape to his will. The human nomads that live there call it Shem-haiyaza. While no one from other nations have seen it, nations that have tried to wage war there or conquer it find themselves getting lost and turned around? Likewise for any attempts to build cities…hense the nomads.

But anywho, no sadly. The titan empire ended before the Ancients, Before the “Gods” that reigned before the ancients. Which means their empire has been dead for over 12,000 years. None have seen hide nor hair of giants or titans since then save for the nomads of the fields of peace and those tales are dubious since they are a people known for embellishment. The common theory is that the Titans devolved into Trolls and Ogres. (not wholly inaccurate but not wholly true either.)

Now as for bloodlines…there are some who are claimed to have the bloodlines of the ancient legendary figures. For example the royal bloodline of the Belzhan imperial family, all of them have freakishly large manapools and powerful physiques. They claim it is because they are descendants of the King of the ancients great magi-tech empire.

It is rumored that there are nations of Bulging greenskinned warriors akin to trolls, or Lithe pointed earred humans with almond shaped eyes across the Blackwater oceans that surround this continent, but such tales are few and far between. Rumors are that they may even have short sturdy humans that dwell deep underground…(more races will come as the story expands.)

You know what i think ill make a tab for ancient history of the planet to show what the mythology is in this world.

Agent23 Agent23
Hey, so question..I saw that the spell section has those who play as mages can have up to 3 spells..just to be sure..eventually as time passes on..we can learn more..right? I mean like after maybe a time skip or something..or like plenty of time training has passed..

Agent23 Agent23
Hey, so question..I saw that the spell section has those who play as mages can have up to 3 spells..just to be sure..eventually as time passes on..we can learn more..right? I mean like after maybe a time skip or something..or like plenty of time training has passed..
Absolutely. Our character will be getting more spells as well are more overall power as the story progresses.

The three spell limit is for natural born magic users.

those who teach themselves to use magic get 5.

This is because A, it takes longer to learn and there are more steps. Thus you pick up more tricks. And B, because those who are born with their power will spend alot of time learning to get it under control, thus less tricks but more power.

Agent23 Agent23
Additionally there has been something that prevents magic from forming spells beyond a certain level of mana. Meaning even if you say have a max level ultimate fire spell, and enough mana to cast it ten times per day (thats huge trust me) you cannot overcharge it beyond a certain level.

The necromancers loophole was achieved through channeling the magic between them and the entire horde…and even then it’s evaporating dozens of dead per day just to maintain control over this horde.

Additionally there has been something that prevents magic from forming spells beyond a certain level of mana. Meaning even if you say have a max level ultimate fire spell, and enough mana to cast it ten times per day (thats huge trust me) you cannot overcharge it beyond a certain level.

The necromancers loophole was achieved through channeling the magic between them and the entire horde…and even then it’s evaporating dozens of dead per day just to maintain control over this horde.
k seems like theres a looooot of rules to spell casting so questions:

- when you cast a spell, you use up mana. so does that mean the next time you cast a spell it is weaker. and the next time you cast it gets weaker than that?
- when you channel a 5th or 6th level spell do you have to channel for a while before you cast? and then for like a 1 or 2nd level spell its like just point a finger?
- can a caster sense just how much mana another catster has? meaning like can you tell how powerfull a caster is?
- soooo is it like scaled that like a wizard casts at 3-4 level and the mage can cast at 5-6 level spells? cuz wizards cast more spells right?
- what is a smith's max power level of spells? And how many diff spells can they put into a crafted item at one time?

Happy to see more characters coming! Would read every character once I have the time.
i think you're the only one that filled an open role lol. but all goods.

sooooo like where are you gunna start Shenoa?

Actually Agent23 Agent23 can you actually ask everyone to put where they intend to start off their charries pls? like there's still time and soooo like maybe we can pre-coordinate interactions so that we not floundering with a cluster of charries in one area and then like a bunch of solos elsewhere? unless that's like wut erybody wants?

Agent23 Agent23

Any thoughts on my questions?👀
my god, i mustve missed them where are they.

k seems like theres a looooot of rules to spell casting so questions:

- when you cast a spell, you use up mana. so does that mean the next time you cast a spell it is weaker. and the next time you cast it gets weaker than that?
- when you channel a 5th or 6th level spell do you have to channel for a while before you cast? and then for like a 1 or 2nd level spell its like just point a finger?
- can a caster sense just how much mana another catster has? meaning like can you tell how powerfull a caster is?
- soooo is it like scaled that like a wizard casts at 3-4 level and the mage can cast at 5-6 level spells? cuz wizards cast more spells right?
- what is a smith's max power level of spells? And how many diff spells can they put into a crafted item at one time?
Honestly the rules are just to keep magic users within a certain range at the start. I do intend for is to push these boundaries.

Though i may go over the OcC and make a more detailed tab to cove what we already have. I kinda wanna keep it loose and prune as needed.

Think like skyrim. You have a mana pool that recovers over time. spells cost a nebulous amount of mana, more mana beefs up the spell but only to a certain point. mana recovery starts after the spell is cast but the rate is enough to keep from spamming spells and for mages to get tired out by continuing to use it.

Id say that sounds about right. Larger more powerful spells would need a casting time, and eat up larger chunks if mana.

Yes and no. It really depends. Nolan for example…he is a pretty weak magic user over all, granted he is lucky enough to have the hordes weakness on hand… but overall Magic rating, dude is just about average mage level. Our manaite leader is an absolute powerhouse. If you were to put a number to the mana of each…Nolan is 112, Shenoa would be closer to maybe a 550? The no comes because mages of decent talent can hide their mana. Shenoa could likely mask her energy levels to look as if she were a normal mage, then again other mages have some detection abilities that can rival the obfuscation of other. So yes we can sense other magic users and accumulating mana, but magic users can typically hide their power. All that said, its kinda impossible to hide a powerful spell as its being cast due to the high mana accumulation.

Yes. Spells cap at about 6. Wizards get x5 spell slots but can only have up to lv3, Natural magic users get up to lv6 and can have 3 spell.

Smiths are odd. They have “spells” that pay their cost via soul bargain. So Every smith will have spells that can be LV1-6 based on how much soul they give and what parameters they set. Theoretically even a smith as Feeble as Nolan can cast a legendary lv6 enchantment on a thing if they give ALL. But that kinda kills them. In short its not normal magic use. You wouldnt want to cast to many spells as a smith make a magic item and use that until it is expended (they have an infinite shelf life so waste nothing.)

Actually Agent23 Agent23 can you actually ask everyone to put where they intend to start off their charries pls? like there's still time and soooo like maybe we can pre-coordinate interactions so that we not floundering with a cluster of charries in one area and then like a bunch of solos elsewhere? unless that's like wut erybody wants?
i was actually going to something like that today so i guess great minds think alike :D

Quick question, are Artifact's useable or off the table for now 👀
Yes just nothing Complete/Sentient yet. Those are going to be in the story and will be a quest to get them. After all Pulao has an Artifact,The Black rose, i cant be a hypocrite.
Having a slight think on the spells.. what is your take on "Hardlight beings?"

Basically I have to spell which are more less identical now I think about it so was thinking of maybe a spell where Atticus summons beings made of "Hardlight"

Think Elden ring summons type of thing.
Hard-light projections are definitely doable. If you want to have summons made of them the stipulations would be a limited number and have a durational limit.

i was actually going to something like that today so i guess great minds think alike :D
Nope.just gas lol

k but so like yeah tysm for answers.

And actually i like how the magic scales and the ratings. thinkin that the pirates are like 150% mana on seawater and then like 100% on the shore then it just goes down from there. it's gunna be a rude awakenin for the 1st mate cuz she doesn't hide her mana levels and thinkin like where they are with the refugees on the land, she gunna soon realize she like only 70% mana lol

ohh gosh just thot of somethin else. thinkin that the boom smith's items she enchanted will like glitch out too. thinkin they work only 70% of the time. dang, my poor poor pooooooor magic pirates!!

ooooh but the clairvoyant wiz should be fine cuz she not clan wicked so there's that. but then ohmy gosh that means that the pirates familiars should feel it too awwwww...

Nope.just gas lol

k but so like yeah tysm for answers.

And actually i like how the magic scales and the ratings. thinkin that the pirates are like 150% mana on seawater and then like 100% on the shore then it just goes down from there. it's gunna be a rude awakenin for the 1st mate cuz she doesn't hide her mana levels and thinkin like where they are with the refugees on the land, she gunna soon realize she like only 70% mana lol

ohh gosh just thot of somethin else. thinkin that the boom smith's items she enchanted will like glitch out too. thinkin they work only 70% of the time. dang, my poor poor pooooooor magic pirates!!

ooooh but the clairvoyant wiz should be fine cuz she not clan wicked so there's that. but then ohmy gosh that means that the pirates familiars should feel it too awwwww...
Not hiding means the crew would likely be noticed by magic users worth their salt from a decent distance away.

Well your boomsmith could make “shells” that explode once like Nolan’s detonate spell. That way the bargain is made, the soul piece is spent. BOOM. The soul fragment returns, takes about an hour to reattach. Even a 1% fragment Boom could be strong enough to kill someone if all that mana is spent on a single charge. Downside is, youd need a timer on them, otherwise a missed shot would never detonate and just be a chunk of soul sitting at the bottom of the sea lol.

Indeed. If The familiars are magical creatures (which they are by default) they both have and give off Magic sense.

Not hiding means the crew would likely be noticed by magic users worth their salt from a decent distance away.

Well your boomsmith could make “shells” that explode once like Nolan’s detonate spell. That way the bargain is made, the soul piece is spent. BOOM. The soul fragment returns, takes about an hour to reattach. Even a 1% fragment Boom could be strong enough to kill someone if all that mana is spent on a single charge. Downside is, youd need a timer on them, otherwise a missed shot would never detonate and just be a chunk of soul sitting at the bottom of the sea lol.

Indeed. If The familiars are magical creatures (which they are by default) they both have and give off Magic sense.
k yeah i meant in a fight. she gunna blast you with water right away anyways so she don't hide that she is a strong sorceress cuz thinkin like you cant hide it when you flood the deck with a giant wave lol.

yeah thinkin that she shelf lifes the Boomers to go off in 6mos or else BOOM!! Mandated by the Matriarch, signed off by her daughter Capt. Rai'Shauni so that they are constantly using them. It's a rep thing cuz clout lol

Oh! Can you hide a familars magic sense with a spell? and like if so how long would a level 3 spell hiding enchantment last?

k yeah i meant in a fight. she gunna blast you with water right away anyways so she don't hide that she is a strong sorceress cuz thinkin like you cant hide it when you flood the deck with a giant wave lol.

yeah thinkin that she shelf lifes the Boomers to go off in 6mos or else BOOM!! Mandated by the Matriarch, signed off by her daughter Capt. Rai'Shauni so that they are constantly using them. It's a rep thing cuz clout lol

Oh! Can you hide a familars magic sense with a spell? and like if so how long would a level 3 spell hiding enchantment last?
You can teach familiars to mask their mana but its not really an enchantment to do so. Just a method of manipulating your own energy.

You probably could make one if you wanted.

Think of mana Like Chakra from Naruto or Ki from dragon ball z. There is alot one can do with it beyond spellcasting. Spells are just the “Jutsu” or “techniques”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back