• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Hordes- A Fantasy zombie setting

Agent23

"Honey!!! Wheres my Supersuit?"

IMG_2384.jpeg
For nearly six centuries now the twin nations of Thandrell and Vulkan have been at odds. Once they were one nation, the Great empire of Thuell, but since its fall at the hands of the Sorcerers guild the two nations have taken divergent paths. Only ever agreeing on one thing…Magic must remain taboo. Perhaps it was due to the disaster that felled the great empire of Theull, Perhaps it was the ruling class wanting to solidify their rule. Whatever the case magic and its use has been illegal, and punishable by death for the past six hundred years. Maybe that is why they were caught so far off guard.
IMG_2377.jpeg
It started in Thandrell, A gathering of Necromancers. They somehow managed to slip past the inquisition and Ignited a potent ritual within a mausoleum. The dead rose and began to convert many to their deathless cause. To Thandrell’s credit their initial defense and subsequent counter attack against the hordes was swift and powerful, Several of the necromancers were killed, but not all. As their initial assault broke their fallen would rise into the ranks and would be lead against the rest of the nation many would flee for their lives many others would stand and fight. But the hordes marched ever forward unwavering in the face of the desperate people’s efforts.
IMG_2381.jpeg
Seven years have passed since the mausoleum rose and the nation of Thandrell fell. The bitter rival nation of Vulkan has lined its army along the narrow coastal mountain pass and refuses to allow refugees through. On the opposite side of the border, Driscol, the last city of Thendrell stands defiant. The nobles and Commoners fights alongside one another and their desperation has begun to show. The city of Driscol has rescinded its ban on magics, it has cast aside its pride and even begs Vulkan for help. The Growing Tension has caused the citizens of Vulkan to grow divided with half of them pushing to let the refugees through and half pushing to march the army in and finish their enemy.
IMG_2382.jpeg
Tensions grow on both sides, many within Driscol have begun preparing to Rush the Vulkanian Lines and try to force their way in. While many in the courts of Vulkan have begun musing the idea of a new king being appointed, though never openly. Meanwhile the people of both nations suffer, Those of Thandrell Have lost nearly everything, and cling desperately to life. While those of Vulkan have been lied too about the truth of the matter, and unknowingly help to fester the poison that may well kill them too. Meanwhile the forces of the rest of the world watch on with caution. Good people Bleed and Die, only to rise and turn on those they protected, Bad people With no where to run turn on their fellow man. It is like hell, only one can still find innocence and life here, struggling against the very forces of death. The question is, will life prevail?
IMG_2380.jpeg
(Hello everyone, this is a little short story idea i had in mind that id like to turn into an RP. Its Low Fantasy zombie Storyline. This story will have many faces, Nobles and courtly activities. Badass knights trying to save the day. common folk given a spear and put in a line to face the horror. Even long persecuted magic users who are coming out of the woodwork to fight for their own survival as well. Plenty of room for creativity. That said a few things ill cover here and any other questions you may have ill try and address as you ask.

1.) how big is the world? Well the planet is big, but the map only covers about 200 miles. One could travel from one side of the map to the other in a week with a horse, or 3 days with an endurance horse (one trained for long sprints)

2.) power levels? Magic has been banned for 600 years. So theres no magic schools or anything like that. Mages are usually self taught and honed in the shadows. That said while powerful mages are far from immortal, after all they have kinda been getting wrecked for centuries they can still pack a hell of a punch. Think DND mages, with no magic users being above a level 5-6.

3.) tech level? Sadly black powder is not a thing here. Guns and cannons dont exist. Crossbows are about the pinnacle of military technology. Wagons and horses are the transportation norm, and ships as well.

Thats all for now, if you have any questions please ask.​

Last edited:
Tentatively interested.

Like i hate zombies but this premise and setup is amaaaaazing. Is ooc on rpn or discord?
Thanks. I was trying to add a bit of “cut off your nose to spite your face.” Bring petty human drama and such into the Admittedly dead and decaying genre…

Not sure yet on OCC i think ill play that by ear for now see what our other people think.

If it makes you feel any better its not your typical zombie virus. necromancy and a psudo magical setting give me a-lot to work with. Some flesh stitching here and there, specialized undead, the long list of other undead that aren’t zombies. Suffice it to say the title does not do the Actual horde justice.

This looks interesting. I think I'd be willing to join this. I love low fantasy settings due to how dark they can actually get. Care if I join?

This looks interesting. I think I'd be willing to join this. I love low fantasy settings due to how dark they can actually get. Care if I join?
sure thing. Im almost done with the first lore tab. Got two more cities to lore out.

Then its the horde, military, and magic dynamics.

After that the Occ and CS page should both come within an hour of the lore being finished.

Here is the first page of lore.

Mostly the nation and its history, cities, and a little bit on culture and such.

Next up is the Horde information of which is mostly done.

Followed by the Magic mechanics, Factions, and the Big NPC’s.

Finally we move to the Cs page and the OcC.

Sorry for the delay, was handling my son’s birthday this weekend. With that all done this can receive my mostly undivided attention and ill likely be ready for character creation by today or tomorrow.

Here is the first page of lore.

Mostly the nation and its history, cities, and a little bit on culture and such.

Next up is the Horde information of which is mostly done.

Followed by the Magic mechanics, Factions, and the Big NPC’s.

Finally we move to the Cs page and the OcC.

Sorry for the delay, was handling my son’s birthday this weekend. With that all done this can receive my mostly undivided attention and ill likely be ready for character creation by today or tomorrow.
Yay!!!! I’m excited!

Alright. I’m actually rather proud of the Horde lore. Its up, prepare to have your expectations Subverted, or maybe met, who know,

Anyway, finished the Section for the horde.

Next on list, Magic mechanics and the types of users/items/places.

Then Factions.

Finally ill get the CS page up.

Magic and its mechanics are up. Though admittedly a feel its still more complex than i would have liked.

If you have any questions about magic feel free to ask.

Bear in mind, magic users regardless of how skilled and powerful they are, have spent the past 1000 years as the underdog. Countless mages of skill and ability greater than whatever we have here have fallen. You may be awesome make no mistake, but the inquisition has killed stronger and awesomer. Watch your step around them.

Alright folks. The lore is currently completed. With the addition of magic, and factions.

Beginning work on the CS page, which will include a list of open Roles within the setting, thanks everyone involved for your patience and support.

Alright folks. We are done with the CS.

Now the Occ will come soon but my fingers are about to fall off and my phone is about to die. So i will step away for a bit. Let me know if there is any questions.

I have 2 characters that will be joining, one you have heard much about, the Mayor of Driscoll. The other you have not, A FlameSmith, Something sorely needed in this particular apocalypse.

I look forward to seeing what you
Folks bring to the table. Ill help any way i can, Best of luck to you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back