• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guildstone Chronicles ((Main Hall))

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
dbccd8c0b1dbaf56e3185b989b7ff1a9.jpg
Milby
Mentions: Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead Pathfinder03 Pathfinder03 A Sparkling Zombie A Sparkling Zombie Guppy Franz Guppy Franz
"How many times have I told you that the Pixies are not evil or cursed?" Mr Big-Hat said as he set her back on the counter. The poor fool had been deluded. Betrayed. Blinded to the truth!"They are my companions and the sole reason I am alive. Stop pestering them."

"That's just what they want you to believe," the chinchilla conspired to herself, glinty eyes narrowed at the pixies. Embodiments of tyranny, all of them. Only their deceptively cute exterior could save them from exile.

Not like Milby. Her fuzzy self was both cute and heroic. And speaking of which—she had team to lead!

"Until next time, most dastardly foes-!" she declared, sheathing her sword with an imperceptible click. Their battle would have to wait another day. The pointy-hatted fellow was still too ensnared by their spell.

Milby dashed back to the table she had not long departed, leaping through the gap between two of the very tall ones to land in her original position. The quest paper had not been touched, remaining where she had left it. Milby examined it a moment before deciding that not much else would be revealed, turning to stare expectantly at her new comrades.

She blinked a couple times as she noticed something though, rubbing her eyes and looking once more. When Valeen's appearance didn't change Milby turned to peer at Nicholas for confirmation, the tiny cogs turning in her brain. It was only when she spotted Crask on the other side of the table that she appeared to shake her confusion.

"Goodness! Sir Tusk, for a moment I thought you had donned a head pelt!" she hurried to the side of the table where Nicholas and Crask were closest, joining them in staring down at the unsolvable letter. When she noticed the other one staring at it as well she perked up with a jump. "Oh-hoh! Are you too here to aid us in deciphering this cryptic scroll?!"

Seth of Silvervale

Mentions: Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Sylph Sylph

Seth could almost hear gears turning in Enigma's head as he mull1658338373622.pnged over Seth's quick rundown on his combat abilities. He was probably thinking how to better fight in tandem. Good, surely conflict would be inevitable in any job where mercenaries like them were needed. Better to be prepared. Suddenly, the mage sharply turned to Azalea.

“What is this mission? What location and terrain are we expecting? Any details you can give me would be appreciated.”

Ah, good. Apparently, Enigma had judged him competent enough to at least accompany him. Seth listened to Azalea's explanation, trying to commit to memory the details of the mission. He was about to reply when a third voice cut in. “Now--” A huge woman with fine features stood next to Enigma, looking at him. “--I thought, would be fruitful if I went along this adventurous party.”

Her gentle demeanor didn't fit at all her stature. She had at least a head and a half on Seth! But what was striking about her were the half scaled skin, and a pair of horns in her head… half-dragon?

Seth glanced between Enigma and the newcomer, then looked up at her and smiled. “Greetings, young miss! I wouldn't be opposed to another comrade, ma'am, as long as our would-be handler agrees! He bowed again. A lot of that going around today! “My name is Seth, of Silvervale. May we know yours?”

Then he thought of something he should ask the beleaguered guild clerk. “Miss Azalea, is there any limit, upper or lower, to the size of the parties that take on missions? In fact… I would appreciate any insight regarding Guild policy, really.”

art-fantasy-art-%D0%9C%D0%B0%D0%B3%D0%B8%28Fantasy%29-Dark-magician-4245622.jpeg
Elias "Enigma" Nyxra
Mentions: Tattletale Tattletale Sylph Sylph SilverbackActual SilverbackActual
fairies-artwork-anime-girls-3000x2028-anime-hot-anime-hd-art-wallpaper-preview.jpg
Elias was running through the plan in his head, trying to ignore milby and her ceaseless rants. There was a lot for him to think about. How is he going to deal with this situation? This was mainly for the new guy to get his feet wet, so he shouldn't particularly handle the entire situation on his own. Just as he was forming a coherent thought within his head, he turned to see the new addition to the party. It was an odd experience for him to strain his neck up to look at someone. With that being said, this woman was particularly attractive. Maybe it was just the fact that she had some sort of regal nature to her actions, but she was interesting.

Upon seeing that Elias looked at another woman, the pixies immediately became defensive. They flew in front of him, opening their arms to signify that he was off limits and scowling at her. They didn't want any other woman near him. It was interesting in the idea that they were so protective. Especially considering that 90% of their power came from him. Elias side and gave all three of their heads a pat "Stop acting like every woman is flirting with me. She just asked to join the mission."

The pixies gave angered squeaks, seeming to yell at him about having another woman around. Elias didn't know what to do. No matter how he tried, they would never stop. After a moment he looked to the woman "Terribly sorry. If you're going to be joining this mission, I will need to know what you are capable of and your name. I am the gold rank that will be supervising this mission. Per the request of the receptionist." The pixies immediately started trying to attack him again. Ever jealous that he was speaking to a member of the opposite sex. At times it was a wonder how he put up with them, but he managed to do all right. He simply shooed them away, forcing them to land back on his head, but maintaining their skulls at this tall dragon Lady.

Andromeda de Valinnari

Mentions: Sylph Sylph Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead Tattletale Tattletale

"Stop acting like every woman is flirting with me. She just asked to join the mission." Those little things kept buzzing around the man, almost like a jealous children. That was entirely funny to her, and made her chuckle, while shaking her head smoothly but dismissively.
“Greetings, young miss! I wouldn't be opposed to another comrade, ma'am, as long as our would-be handler agrees!Andromeda recoiled her head a little back and whispered to herself 'ma'am?' she even accepted young miss or comrade, but ma'am was unbelievable. “My name is Seth, of Silvervale. May we know yours?” She accordingly nodded. As the man bowed, the woman felt morally compelled to do it back, bowing with a quarter-curtsy. She was, of course, an unit of absolute measurement and if she did a full-curtsy or full-bow, she could potentially hammer someone with her head.

"Terribly sorry. If you're going to be joining this mission, I will need to know what you are capable of and your name. I am the gold rank that will be supervising this mission. Per the request of the receptionist." That is entirely understandable. "I see...--" she locked her eyes to the pint-sized fairies, and said "do not worry--" she affirmed for both man and his diminutive companions, and then said her name, but with an additive for measure "Just Mi Ain sel. Andromeda de Valinnari, of Valinstead." see, dealing with fairies is kinda problematic. "I prefer you three" she smiled at the small-flying-beings. Do not lie to a fairy, just tell a veiled truth. That is what her father used to say anyway. "What am i capable of... Hmmm--" she thought for a moment "Would be better if i showed you." she cracked her knuckles, of both hands, readying herself.

defgkat-65ec8d23-395f-4913-b0af-c8ff03cb88d6.png
Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions: SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Tattletale Tattletale Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead
"Now--I thought, would be fruitful if I went along this adventurous party."

Azalea supposed she should count her blessings that the newcomer picked the right group for the situation. They were forward-thinking, which Elias would certainly appreciate. Though not so much his companions, if their history had been any indication. She finished straightening the scattered papers, contemplating not for the first time the practicality of growing a layer of thorns around the desk.

The pixies were making a fuss again, which Azalea dutifully ignored. For all their rarity and prestige, being creatures of the Fae, they weren't much quieter than the guild's resident rodent. "Stop acting like every woman is flirting with me," Elias spoke, ever in conflict with them about the matter. "She just asked to join the mission."

“Miss Azalea-" She looked over at her name, seeing Seth had finished his introduction. "Is there any limit, upper or lower, to the size of the parties that take on missions? In fact… I would appreciate any insight regarding Guild policy, really.”

"There are no limits to party members," she said, gesturing towards the quest board. "But you will find that the commission you receive is adjusted from twenty percent of the reward to ten percent for groups above four to ensure the guild is still able to collect a portion to pay for services-"

"Terribly sorry," Elias said, his interjection most likely spared Seth the in-depth explanation. "If you're going to be joining this mission, I will need to know what you are capable of and your name. I am the gold rank that will be supervising this mission. Per the request of the receptionist."

The latest newcomer introduced herself as Andromeda, followed by a great many syllables that Azalea did her best to commit to loose paper to follow up at a later date. Until their next words and the cracking of knuckles gave her pause.

"What am i capable of... Hmmm--would be better if i showed you."

"No fighting in the hall." She said nigh immediately. There were too many broken tables and chairs and looking at the repairs ledger already made her want to cry. She fixed Andromeda with a stern look. "A verbal response will suffice. It is not to say Mister Silvervale isn't capable or willing to accept your offer, but if you are to join another adventurer's party it is common courtesy not to delay the group by issuing last-minute challenges."

She spoke to Elias somewhat less sharply. "I'm sure you will be able to utilise Miss Andromeda's skillset in some manner, whatever it may be. If there is nothing further you need from me then I suggest organising how you and your companions will travel to the destination." Having Andromeda and Seth hang on for the time it took to use the waystone would be easiest, but there were three probable obstacles to that sitting atop Elias's hat that very moment. "I have heard that using the waystone with three or more can make the landing somewhat rockier."

Andromeda de Valinnari

"No fighting in the hall. A verbal response will suffice. It is not to say Mister Silvervale isn't capable or willing to accept your offer, but if you are to join another adventurer's party it is common courtesy not to delay the group by issuing last-minute challenges." The tall dragon lady noticed Azalea' stern look, prompting her to give a reply, trying her best to not anger her even more. "Do not worry, i will not be a nuisance"
While the lady of greenery was speaking with Elias, Andromeda slide off to wander around the halls she didn't explored before "If you excuse me..."

Interaction between allies or soon-to-be allies is a good idea and could boost morale. The chinchilla and her unit looked more lost than a kid in a crowded area trying to find they parent or puppies without the mother. Andromeda approximated herself from the group, tilting her head trying to figure out what was with them. "Ahm-- can i help ya?" she asked, not for one but for all of them. "Seems you are stuck in the preparation phase, i can provide an outsider view into your problem. By the way, name is Andromeda..."

dbccd8c0b1dbaf56e3185b989b7ff1a9.jpg
Milby
Mentions: SilverbackActual SilverbackActual
There was quite the bit of confusion as the crowded guild hall became more hectic with the morning rush, quests being traded and stray adventurers looking for a group to join. Milby wasn't sure how it happened amidst that. She took her eyes off the quest paper for a moment then someone nearly squashed her with a mug of foaming ale.

She ended up on a side table, tapping her foot in agitation as she scoured the hall for her prize quest. That was until a towering figure approached and Milby spied the ivory horns that curved over their pink hair and around their jaw. "Ahm-- can i help ya?" The draconic woman said. "Seems you are stuck in the preparation phase, i can provide an outsider view into your problem. By the way, name is Andromeda..."

"I am fearsome Milby, slayer of overlords!" The chinchilla declared, puffing out her chest. "I am in search of mighty foes to vanquish! If you have such a quest I shall gladly join you in arms."

Kathlyn SilvaKathlyn Background.png
Mentions: Sylph Sylph
Kathlyn sighed, taking a small moment to rest against the front desk of the guild. Compared to the quiet period the guild had experienced over the past few days the sudden influx of people today was certainly something. Kathlyn had spent the entire morning running around, helping people, preparing papers and moving things in and out of storage. She put down another stack of papers. Things did seem to be calming down a bit finally, quite a few of the newly formed parties had already left and those left in the hall seemed to be getting ready to leave any moment now.

She smiled and waved at Milby and the dragon lady that had recently joined. "Have a good quest, try not to cause too much trouble Milby." She added with a teasing smile.

She quietly chuckled to herself as she thought of her father telling her the exact same thing every time she went into the woods to gather herbs, sorting the papers she had brought from the storage room into neat piles at the back of the front desk where she could reach them easily if she needed them.

She paused, taking a sip of her tea. It was almost lunch time and with it, time for her lunch break as well. Now, normally Kathlyn would have prepared her own lunch the evening before but she had spent her entire evening yesterday slaving away at her desk thinking of and trying different things to get her ability potions to work properly. She was getting close and she hadn't had any explosions or odor issues but it had taken up her entire evening and caused her to fall asleep at the desk, which left her without lunch today.

She approached Azalea, hoping her boss wouldn't be too busy for a quick chat. "Miss Azalea? I'm going on lunch break soon, I was thinking of grabbing lunch in Lantana and getting some medical supplies while I'm there. Is there anything else I can get? It could be a good opportunity to stock up on supplies." She offered with a smile. "Or maybe you want me to grab some lunch from the city as well?"

Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars
"Miss Azalea?" Kathlyn said, approaching with her going-out hat in hand as Azalea finished reordering the stack of monthly expenditures. "I'm going on lunch break soon, I was thinking of grabbing lunch in Lantana and getting some medical supplies while I'm there. Is there anything else I can get? It could be a good opportunity to stock up on supplies."

"Some time outside would do you good," Azalea agreed, thinking of the desk scattered with notes and empty bottles that Kathlyn used instead of a bed these days.

"Or maybe you want me to grab some lunch from the city as well?"

"I will be fine," Azalea said, "but if you do happen to be visiting the portside markets I may trouble you to pick up some tea and glintstone biscuits..." After a moment to consider she pulled out a blank page to write down the address and name of the tea required. "Of course the cost will be reimbursed by Mister Enigma's quest commissions, given his companions have particularly exorbitant tastes. Any materials you intend to use in potions for the guild can also be covered, just be sure to keep a record."

guild_hall__1__by_arumey_dfefrba-pre.jpg

Ymir
Mentions: Uasal Uasal RatKing RatKing SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Key of Stars Key of Stars
Ymir had never been so happy to see a patch of grass in her life. The sounds of the bustling brick port was replaced by a verdant tranquility as the world stopped spinning around her. If she wasn't carrying a passenger she'd have dropped to the ground in relief over it all. They'd actually made it back alive. All of them. She didn't usually doubt such things, but the last week had been a trial like no other.

She exhaled, approaching the nearest patch of flowers to unceremoniously dump Eiru in them, before collapsing into the nearest fern pile she could find. She didn't care if there were rocks or worms or prickly sticks underneath. It didn't smell like salt or fish or brine and, right now--that was all she asked. She was going to stay right where she was for the rest of the week. Maybe move into a cave after that. Become a hermit. Live a devout path. Eat lizard tails and roots her whole life and never set foot on a ship again.

"Uughhh-" she ceased her mutterings to flop onto her back, staring up at the sky as the rest of the group started to arrive.

Eiru would wake up soon. Hopefully. The guild hall was a place saturated with mana, both naturally and as a result of the guild's activities. The camp healers on the isles had been able to heal most of Eiru's life-threatening injuries from the battle, but it hadn't done anything to aid the chronic mana depletion... or change her back to her old appearance.

The once small Fae stood at least a head taller than she did before, weighing more than she did before with her featherweight frame. Ymir still hadn't gotten used to seeing the more elegant features in place of her childish friend. Though perhaps what worried her most was that it wasn't just Eiru's appearance that had changed.

Ymir shook her head to rid herself of the thoughts, though they never ceased to linger. The insidious presence of the Gae Bulg rippled into existence as the one delegated to carrying it arrived, and the forest itself seemed to recoil, fronds curling upon themselves as the branches ceased to whisper. For the group that had been carting it around for close to two days, it hardly registered. Or perhaps it had simply sapped away whatever energy remained in them to care.

"We made it..." she said weakly, raising both her hands in a cheer before they fell back onto her leafy mattress. "Shots not being the one to tell bramble bush we have a weapon of ancient evil to throw in storage."

Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood (Casual Background2).png
Mentions: Uasal Uasal Sylph Sylph RatKing RatKing SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

"We made it..." He snorted. "Barely, I've been lugging this blasted thing around for what feels like an eternity now." He complained, unceremoniously dropping the part of the net he was holding onto the ground before plopping himself down against a tree next to Ymir.

"Shots not being the one to tell bramble bush we have a weapon of ancient evil to throw in storage." He casually stretched his arms, sore from dragging the ancient weapon of mass destruction around, leaning further back against the tree. "Eiru can do it, it's her spear, or whatever." He said, closing his eyes for a moment.

"You know," He started, eyes still closed. "I've been thinking of leaving." He stated matter of factly, finally breaching the topic that had plagued him ever since the first day of their journey back. He heaved a deep sigh, opening his eyes again but not looking at Ymir. "The expedition was a total failure." He paused, glancing down, Ocean's Lullaby hung at his right hip while a newly added thin sheathe adorned his left hip. He nimbly pulled the blade out of its sheathe, holding it up in front of his face. "Maybe not a total failure." He said, studying the thin blade of the rapier in his hand, much like his own old sword it was made by the best of the best of the Hower family's swordsmiths. But, unlike his old weapon, the Hower crest was displayed on the guard of the weapon without so much as a single scratch and a small sapphire was embedded into the end of the hilt. He sheathed the weapon again with another sigh, his mother had done an incredible job at keeping her weapon in good condition and he'd make sure he'd do the same.

"I accomplished nothing," He eventually continued. "I didn't catch a single one of the pirates impersonating me, but to hell with that, that was never even my goal, just something I let that annoying red head talk me into." He said loudly before continuing at a much quieter volume. "But I still haven't seen my sister. I can't just go back to regular life here at the guild, not until I've met her again."

"Eiru promised me a ship if I helped her with the damned weapon."
He said, pointing at the net he had been dragging around. "I'll use it and my savings to set sail straight for the academy, without interruptions."

"There's a lot of things I was planning on saying to you specifically."
He said, finally facing Ymir and flashing her a weak smile. "But now that I'm actually supposed to come out and say it, I don't think I should. It would only make things worse, sorry, captain."

He abruptly stood up, facing Nanalee and Ruvo. "It's been my pleasure to travel with the both of you. I'd say I'll see you around, but I highly doubt it." He settled on with a dry chuckle. "I'll wait until after Eiru wakes up, I need her after all and it would be rude to not at least say goodbye."

1664765670125.png
Eiru Eagna
Gold 2
Support Mage

"Personally I would say it'd be more than just rude..."
Rising from the patch of flowers Eiru managed to push herself upright to the point she could now sit. She had been unconscious ever since she had taken up the spear. No, perhaps even before then. Her memories of the trip after departing the checkpoint were hazy, and those following her negotiation with the sea god were a mess of bits and pieces. Her head was busting at the seams and any attempt to unravel those memories left her nauseous. Though one thing was certain to the Fae witch, despite not knowing how or why, she knew for certain she had caused more than just trouble for her friends and guildmates. No, for everyone involved. Glancing from Leo to the spear and then back again Eiru let out a soft sigh. Was this too a result of her actions?

Unable to make eye contact with the man. Eiru threw herself back and spayed out her arms wide, gazing up at the clouds as they so freely passed her by. Just how long had it been since she had met Leon? How long had it been since she called him friend? How long had it been since she last teased him about Ymir? How long had it been since she last caused him trouble... oh. Sighing again Eiru repeated herself "Personally I would say it'd be more than just rude.". Afraid to turn toward Ymir Eiru remained steadfast in her decision to cloud gaze. If this sudden revelation had taken Eiru by such surprise she couldn't even begin to imagine how it must be affecting her closest friend. In fact, the very thought of how it may be affecting Ymir was terrifying right down to the core. Those two may have denied it time and time again but, Eiru was not blind nor a fool. There was something there.

"Leon, a promise is a promise. I will get you your ship. However... tsk... never mind." Closing her eyes, Eiru was at a loss for words. No, actually she knew exactly what she needed to say. What she had always needed to say. "Leonidas Hower... do you take Ymir to be your lawfully wedded wife..." Wait, no that wasn't quite right. "I meant to say. Ymir, Leo. I'm sorry. For everything. I'm sorry for this, and for everything I ever did. You two are my friends and I always seem to cause you nothing but trouble. If this is goodbye. A real goodbye. Please know I value you both more than anything else and I would give up everything in order to save you. I mean it. You two, you've made my life outside the mist wall so lively and fun. So exciting and joyus. Emotional and rewarding... I eh... ugh... aghh...! I love you guys ok! Platonically! Not like you two!" Covering her blushing and teary-eyed face with her hands Eiru continued "Aghhh! Don't look at me! And no I won't say it again!"

After a long silence Eiru sheepishly piped up again "Leo, do you really have to leave?"
Key of Stars Key of Stars Sylph Sylph RatKing RatKing SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

20190701111333_81293.png
Rebekka Dragon Heart
Copper 1
Martial Artist
Location: Guild Hall Mentions: @those in the guild hall, Sylph Sylph

It had been roughly one month since Rebekka had left her home in search of the Guildstone Guild. Navigating the Dark Marsh and the Latana countryside and forests had slowed her progress but had also provided her with quite the experience. She had met new people, seen new places, eaten new food and even had the pleasure of fighting a lone undead near the border region. Yes, all things considered, Rebekka had thus far been enjoying her adventure. Of course, she missed her grandfather and the villagers but, that was to be expected right? So far, so good.

Reaching the city of Latana, Rebekka was impressed to see its sturdy walls and bustling markets. Everyone seemed so at ease, the roads were clean and well kept and the guard was present almost everywhere one looked. It truly was a spectacular sight for the young woman. The marsh was nothing quite like this, indeed now that she had time to think about it, even the Latana countryside had been quite the pleasant and serene scene. The grass was soft, the breeze gentle and the trees vibrant and strong. It was like a paradise, a paradise that somewhat left the young marsh born uneasy. Was it really ok to be this relaxed so out in the open?

Passing the city gates Rebekka was screened by the guards and granted an entry permit with relative ease. Her mention of the guild however sparked a rather interesting conversation and although she didn't know it at the time, the said conversation was definitely held in a more sarcastic manner. Indeed at the very mention of a legendary and remarkable guild, the guards could hardly keep their composure. Not when faced with a completely clueless marsh born. Not when given a perfect opportunity to 'wind her up' before her inevitable run-in with the very dishevelled guild house. And so, departing from the gate with directions and hopes swelling all complimentary of the guard Rebekka made her way back out of the city and toward the beaten path that was the Guildstone road. The road that first made Rebekka question everything her grandfather had told her.

Making her way up the path Rebekka found herself passing through a light forest area, one filled with brambles and weeds alike. The road was well travelled but in very poor condition and the trees that hugged it looked about ready to strangle one another if not keel over. Was this really the path to such a famous guild? Actually, why was such a famous guild so off the beaten track to begin with? Should it not have been in the city itself?

Making her way further up the path Rebekka soon came across the guild hall itself, a rundown husk of a building that quite frankly had a few too many plank patches applied for what it was. Heck one side of the building was more patching than wall! What was going on here? Had she been given the wrong directions? Looking around Rebekka's shoulders suddenly sank when she caught a glance at a half-covered sign near the end of the path that read Guildstone. This WAS it. This was the building she was seeking. With a forced smile and a few mental words of encouragement, Rebekka made her way to the door and pushed it open carefully as to not alarm anyone, if anyone even still used the building. Though to her surprise once inside the building was actually in much better condition than she had expected or been led to believe.

Taking a moment to look around Rebekka slowly moved to the reception where she called out to see if anyone was around "Hello! Is there anyone here? I'd like to join the Guildstone Guild. Is there anyone here who can help me do so?"

Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Uasal Uasal Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars
The journey back wasn't filled with danger around every corner, but that didn't mean it was any less arduous as they were accosted by a storm that just wouldn't let up which only put a further damper on the weary party. But by either some stroke of luck or some force like Odyssey herself looking after them they made it back to the familiar and comparatively less dangerous grounds around the guild. Deciding to likewise just take in the serene moment, Ruvo propped himself against a nearby tree opting to listen to his fellow guildmates discuss how they barely made it back and see who would go through the hassle of explaining the whole mess of an expedition to Azalea. That was at least until the conversation took a shift with Leo mentioning leaving. The bard focused his attention as Leo expressed his frustrations and lack of accomplishments during the expedition as well as how he missed his sister and wanted to see her again.

"It's been my pleasure to travel with the both of you. I'd say I'll see you around, but I highly doubt it." "If this might be goodbye and our paths don't cross again, then I must agree it has been a real pleasure to travel with you too Leo. Our duet in that tavern was quite fun too." he said reminiscing briefly on that night at Base Camp. "I'll be sure to work on my improvisational skills when it comes to musical performances. Maybe I'll be as good as you one day". He didn't want to see Leo go, but he wasn't going to stand in the way of someone just wanting to see a family member.

Stirring awake Eiru sat up commenting about how it would be more than rude to not say goodbye before leaving. Then to Ruvo's surprise the witch quickly went from teasing Leo and Ymir to apologizing profusely and expressing how much the two meant to them. It was quite heartwarming to say the least.

ymir_3_by_arumey_desyhu3-pre.jpg
Ymir
Mentions: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers RatKing RatKing Uasal Uasal Key of Stars Key of Stars
"You know, I've been thinking of leaving."

There was a beat of silent before Ymir shot up, leaves stirred into the air. None of them had been particularly chipper on the way back, but among the crew Leo had been particularly withdrawn throughout the return. Suffice to say they found what was weighing on him.

"There's a lot of things I was planning on saying to you specifically."

Ymir paused as Leo turned to face her, still catching up with the turn of events. "But now that I'm actually supposed to come out and say it, I don't think I should. It would only make things worse, sorry, captain."

...?

Ymir said nothing as Leo turned away. She wasn't given the time to, since suddenly Ruvo was saying his final farewells and Eiru had decided to join them in the world of the living, her voice more delicate than Ymir remembered as she muttered to herself about this or that.

"Leonidas Hower... do you take Ymir to be your lawfully wedded wife..."

Well, that hadn't changed. Ymir grabbed a pile of leaves, tossing them at the Fae's face with a sound of annoyance. But even Eiru was soon saying apologies and farewells and talking as if this was the last time they would ever speak. And then she was crying, which Ymir had only ever seen a handful of times-- "Leo, do you really have to leave...?"

"Oh my GOD," she said at last, fed up with it all as she shoved herself to her feet. "Enough! You say you're going to visit family-" She could not be the only confused on how that translated to him never coming back. Even Eiru didn't question it--though she wasn't her usual self, if the waterworks were any indication. They were all tired and exhausted and probably not thinking straight. It was the only reason she devise as to why no one was asking the obvious question--

Stopping in front of Leo, Ymir fixed him with a pointed glare. "What aren't you telling us that means you're not coming back after?"

----------
Edited

Last edited:
Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions: Uasal Uasal
It was only a given that a newcomer would appear while Kathlyn wasn't around. Azalea waved the young woman over, answering the usual array of questions and providing explanations over the next small while. Yes, she was in the right place. The kingdom had implemented new levies that meant unsponsored guilds were in decline. The hall was located so far out because their guild members had a history of destructive behaviour, and the use of the waystone meant travel wasn't much of a hassle anyway. Yes, she could join, but she needed to go on a quest with someone to be evaluated. No, there wasn't any sort of uncivilised trial involved. Proof of strength wasn't all there was to helping people.

After the evaluation Rebekka could receive her guild items, which Azalea explained with more care. How to use the waystone with the map, how to summon items out of the bag. A reminder to avoid entering grey zones or areas outside the guild map, since they could be volatile and unexpected. Rebekka could choose to lodge at the guild, which would be covered by the commission from any jobs she completed; or she could reside in town, if she so wished. The list of things to cover really was endless, but anything like field advice Azalea left to future mentors to cover.

"There's a training field at the back of the guild and any sparring should be conducted there, not in the hall. If you are after a meal you can order at the counter over there." She gestured towards the wall filled with barrels of numerous identities. "...and for now, that should be most of what you need to know."

After that, it was simply a matter of filling out the application, if Rebekka hadn't decided otherwise.

"You said you were from the Marsh?" Azalea mentioned, once the bureaucratic part of the process had been squared away. A familiar spike of energy outside marked someone returning through the waystone. "We don't usually encounter people from that region, since it's outside the waystone border. A long way to travel just for the sake of joining a guild-"

Several others arrived, accompanied by the indistinct conversation and an overwhelming sense of foreboding that had nothing to do with her recognising the troublesome voices. Azalea sighed, pressing a vexed hand to her temple. "It seems one of the expeditions has returned."

20190701111333_81293.png
Rebekka Dragon Heart
Copper 1
Martial Artist
Location: Guild Hall Mentions: @those in the guild hall, Sylph Sylph

Rebekka was a calm individual and having been born and raised in the Dark Marsh she was more than used to staying on her toes as well as expecting the unexpected. None of this however prevented her from instinctively taking a defensive pose when a bush in her peripheral vision suddenly began to move. Azalea had caught Rebekka completely off guard, but it didn't take long for Rebekka to relax her posture after realising the situation. Making her way over to the 'Bush Lady' Rebekka listened carefully to what Azalea had to say and then apologised for her posture and rudeness upon first noticing the woman.

As the explanation of the joining process came to an end Rebekka was posed with a question about her homeland as well as her journey from it to the guild. A very good question indeed and one Rebekka had been asking herself ever since she arrived outside the guild building and even more so now that she was about to take the plunge and join. With Azalea suddenly mentioning the return of some other adventurers Rebekka could only hope that at least the adventurers lived up to her grandfather's high tales if not the building and atmosphere. Turning to glance at the door for a few moments in the hopes to catch a glimpse of them entering, Rebekka was only met with the muffled voices of many. Were they arguing outside the guildhall? Regardless it didn't concern Rebekka and so she decided to return to Azalea's line of questioning. After all, judging by the lack of people inside the hall it seemed as though she'd be waiting a while to partake in her initiation exam.

"I was born and raised in the Dark Marsh, moulded by it. I grew up outside a small village with my grandfather, my parents are dead so he was all I had. On that note actually, he's the reason I made such a long trip to join this guild in particular. My grandfather was a member of it quite some time ago and he recommended I join. I will admit though, it's not anything like he had described. But alas, I suppose when life gives you lemons." Laughing softly to herself Rebekka continued "So how long do you think it'll be until I can take on one of those exams?"

Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions: Uasal Uasal
"I'm sure you'll find most terrains relatively amicable if the Dark Marsh was your home," Azalea said. Many adventurers found the terrain to be the most difficult aspect of the area. It wasn't helped by the fact that a certain mapmaker refused to go anywhere near the region, meaning the waystone was of little use. "We do occasionally have requests from the region as well, which I'm sure your experience would lend itself to."

"I will admit though, it's not anything like he had described."

"You may wish to ask the guildmaster about him." There was no guarantee that Pri would recall the adventurer in question, but if they had served longer than a few months, it was a possibility. "Pri has been here since the founding of the guild, I am led to believe. As for the guild..." She glanced around the old hall, contemplating the rough, but spacious area. "The era you mention was probably before the fall of Solmar. The Dawn House was a great supporter of the common guilds during their height, and ours was among those that defended the city when it fell. I was not there for it of course." At least, not as a part of the guild. "After the decline of power of the Dawn House, the Crown took over regulating the common guilds as well as the sanctioned ones."

It was all a right mess of politics and bureaucracy. Since most common guilds couldn't carry the levies placed on them to remain registered, and the Guard would rather close down the troublemaking guilds than police them correctly, in one way pr another most of the unsponsored organisations had been disbanded. In many cases they simply returned to their mercenary roots, where it was easier to turn a profit. The only difference between a guild and mercenary clan was the sanction of the Crown, and all the regulations that came with it.

"This isn't the hall that your grandfather would have known," Azalea added. "I'm told the previous one inside the city was much grander. Without the support of a noble house, however, the costs were far too high to have remained there." It was, among other things, why the guild treasury had been in such an abysmal state when she first arrived.

"So how long do you think it'll be until I can take on one of those exams?"

"A group recently departed with someone who was overseeing their first quest..." she said, wondering if Elias would be terribly angry at her. "It shouldn't be too much trouble to add one or two more." She flipped through the stack of quest papers that had been set aside as 'in progress', finding the one she was after near the top and handing it to Rebekka for her consideration. "Some sort of trouble with the bird population. You should be able to find the group by asking around the town for either a dragonborn with pink hair and horns, or a talking rodent with a sword. I'm quite certain they'll stand out."

It was, of course, up to Rebekka whether she wanted to take her chances with the quest or see if she could find another senior member to supervise. "If you prefer to take on a different quest, all you need is someone of silver rank or above to accompany."

dff4u5v-9730ec2c-e8c5-4149-9290-0bb0af4b6715.jpg
Angora Kecisi
The waystone was a less than pleasant experience, and not helped by the interference by Wizard and Gion's restraints. It took a certain type of constitution to travel as frequently with magic as these adventurers did. Her displeasure further soured upon being hit with a wave of such malignance, it seemed to cloy the air with fetid intention. Comparable, though not so deeply entrenched, as the foul presence that loomed over Solmar.

"Well, this is quite the interesting find, isn't it." Angora's lips formed a displeased line, still holding Wizard and Gion in place. Her grip implied it would be an easier task to break the shackles barehanded over trying to shake her grasp. The General glanced over the five or so adventurers splayed across the clearing, two of them in the midst of an argument. If they'd been her troops she'd have sent them on laps for such a disgraceful presentation, but she supposed that was why some chose the more free-agent life of an adventurer.

Her gaze settled on one figure in particular, evaluating the appearance of the smallish female lying in a flower patch. She appeared older than Angora last recalled, but it had been quite some time. The side of her mouth twisted up, revealing a smile like the edge of a sword.

"Hello there again, little miss catacomb diver." Glancing to the weapon tied up in a gangly net, Angora continued in a tone belying the precarious situation. "Care to explain what this peculiar item is doing on the ground, outside your guild?"

She glanced over the others gathered in the clearing once more. "And perhaps, someone might inform your guildmaster that a suspected necromancer was recently apprehended with his undead companion, both carrying guild-issued equipment." Not the first case of it either, Angora's pointed look at Eiru implied. "Quickly please. I do have other duties to be attending to."

Rebekka Dragonheart images.jpg

Rebekka listened carefully to Azalea as she explained the guild's current situation as well as how it may have been in the past. Politics was never really Rebbeka's thing, anytime there was a dispute in the village things were handled with a brief exchange of hands more so than words and even then once the issue was dealt with that was the end of it. Vengence over such matters was not tolerated and it made for a very simple yet effective way of order. Like the marsh, in the village, the strong prevailed. As barbaric as that may seem. All this talk of houses and guilds, sponsorships and sanctions. To be quite honest it all flew right over Rebekkas head, she had heard it all and could repeat it sure, but her understanding of what it all meant boiled down to - There was a big battle, the guild fought and suffered casualties, the king or someone similar then stopped supporting them, the couldn't pay for the building anymore and only managed to barely hold on to the title of the guild by moving out here and emptying the rest of the guilds vault. Maybe it was right, maybe it was wrong but as it stood that was her understanding of the situation.

When the topic shifted to taking part in a quest already in progress Rebekka shifted back and forth in deep thought before responding awkwardly with a no. "Sorry, but I couldn't possibly even consider joining someone on a quest they already set off on. It's a taboo and I couldn't even begin to imagine what my Grandfather would say if he found out I'd done such a despicable thing. I'm happy to wait for another silver member to set off. Honestly, waiting is no issue at all. Though to be perfectly honest... I don't see how it would take a silver-rank member to observe me doing a few farm yard duties. Wouldn't a review from the farmer himself be enough? I mean what's the worst that could happen? You guys don't even have Marsh Beatles on farms here, right? Come on, please. I'll be there and back before you even know it!"

Eiru Eagna1665345084970.png
When Ymir suddenly took to her feet and shouted out in vexation Eiru jumped in reaction, not expecting such a reaction at all from the woman. Wiping her tears Eiru quickly collected herself as Ymir moved to confront and challenge Leo on his reasoning behind saying goodbye. With some very good points too! Good point that Eiru hadn't even considered until Ymir brought them up. How had she missed such obvious questions? What a mess she had become. Exhausted, mana starved and an emotional wreck whose memories of the past few days were a jumbled mosaic shattered to pieces. How embarrassing.

However, before Leo could give his response another waystone warped in behind the group. Nothing of concern to the fae, that was until she heard an all too familiar voice call out to her. A voice that immediately sent a shiver down her spine and made her headache all the worse. Wanting desperately to hear Leo's response Eiru considered ignoring the general as though she was a figment of imagination but after a few seconds of not-so-deep consideration Eiru came to the conclusion doing so would only make the mess of a situation even more a mess. If even possible. Besides, there were things Leo and Ymir had to talk about themselves, things Leo wanted to say to her alone. Getting everyone else out of here while she had an excuse to do so was probably the best course of action she could take. Besides she could always probe Ymir for the juicy details later.

Moving to a stand Eiru hobbled forward a few steps before regaining her balance. "I and Ruvo will deal with this... thing. Try not to consummate the marriage when were gone. I'm not actually certified to wed you both and I've already got enough legal issues to deal with." Laughing softly Eiru moved toward the general with a polite smile, scooping up the spear and net on her way.

Standing before Angora now Eiru offered her free hand to shake while she glanced at the two shackled guildmates the general had in tow. She had seen the wizard once or twice in the guild hall but the skeleton aside from him was a member she had no recollection of at all. Taking a moment to look him up and down Eiru's smile began to warp into a grin and her red eyes began to sparkle with intrigue. "Oh ho ho. what have we here? A sentient undead soul bound to a skull? You're not a wraith nor a Litch... yet your magic is yours and yours alone from what I can tell. As for your 'body', oh my my my. General, you are far too kind to return such a specimen... I mean guildmate." Glancing at the wizard for but a moment Eiru offered him a polite smile before adding "Hmm, the suspected necromancer you speak of couldn't possibly be the Wizard here could it? Not to be rude but there's no possible way someone of his current magical capacity could cast and successfully maintain such a necromantic spell. A litch might even struggle."

Turning toward the guild hall Eiru began to guide the woman up the winding path toward the door. "Pri, the master of our guild. Well, let's just say she doesn't do meetings very well. You have to catch her at the right moment for such a thing but you can leave your concerns with Azalea if you like. You could call her Vice master really, though never tell her I said that." Pushing open the door with an exhausted attempt Eiru managed it with relative ease and a deep breath. Once inside she turned to Angora and tilted her head to the side as if in deep thought "Though what other duties could someone like you possibly be talking about? Bingo isn't held until Sunday and the knitting club's activities are under investigation for laundering." Gasping Eiru turned away quickly "Angora. Don't tell me it was you who ran the operation yourself! How the mighty fall... From general to knitting club launderer. Retirement might not pay the best but honestly as a friend... I'm appalled"

Sylph Sylph RatKing RatKing Key of Stars Key of Stars Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

The Wizard
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Uasal Uasal

The Wizard found himself before the familiar guild hall once more. Although his quest had been successfully completed. There was an incredibly bitter taste in his mouth. Despite all his efforts to obtain greater power. He had still been at the mercy of those stronger than him like General Angora and Captain Vel. The Wizard was in no way any better off than he was before. Gritting his teeth in frustration while his captor went to speak with the Gold Ranked Eiru. He turned to Gion to check on how the skeleton had been holding up. Seemingly getting locked up and suspected of being an unholy pile of bones had done nothing to break his stride. The Wizard wished that he could have done the same. However not only had he been reminded of his own weakness. His precious wizard hat was taken from him. It likely found its way into a furnace somewhere. Turning back to General Angora with a hollow look in his eyes. The casual banter between her and Eiru suggested some kind of history together. Thankfully Eiru was able to clear up any misunderstandings that The Wizard or Gion were in any way suspicious. However the way she worded struck a sore spot.

"Not to be rude but there's no possible way someone of his current magical capacity could cast and successfully maintain such a necromantic spell" sounded a lot like the "You look a tad too young to have manifested that" that the General had given him about the third affinity. The Wizard followed behind Eiru and General Angora with his hands still shackled. Upon entering the guild hall, he tried to hide his face with his bindings. He had promised Kathlyn that he'd return safe and sound. Instead he was humiliated and babied with his hands clapped in iron. When the General approached the receptionist desk with Eiru in tow. The Wizard peered through his fingers, expecting to see the disappointed face of a certain half elf girl. Yet he didn't see her at all. Looking around the room in confusion. His first thoughts were that she had simply gone out on an errand. Unlike adventurers like himself, Kathlyn performed tasks for the guilds administration rather than their quest related work.

Feeling something was amiss with this situation. The Wizard poured mana into his cuffs. He'd been able to break them since the moment they were put on. Though the Wizard had refrained since he didn't want to put Gion in any more trouble. Now they were back at the Guild and The Wizard didn't need to be dragged down by these anymore. Rather than freezing them solid with his ice affinity. The shackles glowed with orange light before melting right off of The Wizards wrists. As the molten metal began to burn a hole in the floor. The Wizard wandered up to Azalea and inquired to the location of Kathlyn Silva.

Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Uasal Uasal Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread
"Oh my GOD, Enough! You say you're going to visit family-" there was a brief pause as the cartographer moved themselves to directly confront Leo. "What aren't you telling us that means you're not coming back after?" It was a question he hadn't considered asking himself. He had just accepted that there must of been some private or secretive reasoning Leo doubted he would see them around again, though it seemed Ymir wasn't going to settle for anything less than the full story. Then as if on queue, the usual chaos commonplace on the guild's grounds reared its head as another group warped back to the guild right beside the party and their ongoing conversation.

The group in question was quite the surprising bunch. He recognized Wizard but he was in manacles as was the skeletal figure beside him that Ruvo did not recognize, and keeping a tight grip on the two was a older looking woman in military regalia. The woman spared no time and began asking questions regarding the spear and requesting that someone inform the guildmaster about an apprehended necromancer with guild equipment. "I and Ruvo will deal with this... thing. Try not to consummate the marriage when were gone. I'm not actually certified to wed you both and I've already got enough legal issues to deal with." "Wait what?" Ruvo questioned as he was volunteered by the Eiru to figure out what was going on. However, before he could decline the witch was already approaching the general offering a handshake. With a brief sigh, Ruvo caught up with the Eiru as they began to give their analysis of the situation starting with the skeletal figure before moving onto the wizard. "I don't know a lot about undead, but I've worked with Wizard before and he's only ever used ice and fire affinities. So if there's a necromancer out there its certainly not him." he said backing up Eiru's assertion.

Following the witch as she turned toward the hall's main door he listened as she explained how rare it was to catch their guild master for a meeting and how Azalea was effectively the vice guild master as far as day to day management and paperwork went. "It's true, our guild master is hard to get a hold of, I've probably only seen them a couple of times myself. Are you certain we can't chalk this up to a misunderstanding? Azalea already works hard enough, I'd hate to have this be one more thing she has to deal with." he asked hoping to diffuse the situation. Though if the direct request didn't do it then there was always Eiru's usual teasing to perhaps frustrate the general into giving up on this endeavor. As the group pushed open the doors and Eiru finished jokingly accusing the general of being behind the knitting club's laundering operation, an orange glow and the sound of shackles clattering to the floor turned Ruvo's attention to the Wizard who had used his magic to escape his restraints. He didn't know how the general or anyone else was going to react, but he had a feeling that the Wizard was probably not supposed to do that.

Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood (Casual Background2).png
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Uasal Uasal RatKing RatKing SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

"I'll be sure to work on my improvisational skills when it comes to musical performances. Maybe I'll be as good as you one day" Leonidas chuckled dryly. "Don't undersell your own ability Ruvo, I'm sure you'll surpass me soon enough." He said with a smile. "I won't be performing anymore anyway." He eventually added in a barely audible mumble.

"I meant to say. Ymir, Leo. I'm sorry. For everything. I'm sorry for this, and for everything I ever did. You two are my friends and I always seem to cause you nothing but trouble. If this is goodbye. A real goodbye. Please know I value you both more than anything else and I would give up everything in order to save you. I mean it. You two, you've made my life outside the mist wall so lively and fun. So exciting and joyus. Emotional and rewarding... I eh... ugh... aghh...! I love you guys ok! Platonically! Not like you two!"

For a brief moment, Leonidas found himself completely lost for words, eventually he stepped forward and wrapped Eiru in a hug. Shoulders shaking, though not from crying, rather, barely contained laughter. He released her moments later, holding her at arms length. "Never thought I'd see the day that the great Eiru, the one who defeated the lord of the dead in a battle at sea, would cry, and for me no less." He managed to get out in between laughs. "You're sorry?" He repeated, no longer laughing. "Sorry for what? Being one of my best friends?" He slowly shook his head. "Eiru, you and Ymir have been the best friends a failure like me could have asked for and if I could do any of it again I wouldn't change a thing." He said, furiously wiping at the tears forming in his eyes. "I'll miss you too, but, I have to go." He said with one final furious wipe at his eyes. "I- I just have something in my eye."

He calmly nodded at Ymir's question and was about to answer before getting rudely interrupted by someone he'd never seen before. He was about to snap at her but Eiru immediately took care of it, taking Ruvo with her. He gave her a thankful nod before turning to Ymir. "Let's take a little walk, shall we?" He asked, gesturing for her to follow him before setting back down the path away from the guild.

"Right," He started when they had walked for a bit. "Would you stop glaring at me? Listen I- I'm not simply going to visit my sister." He settled on. "I'm going to take over the academy, like I was supposed to all those years ago. My sister- Cylia, she's been living a life that she never wanted all these years while I've been here enjoying myself. It's time I give her her life back, I'm sorry. I'll try to visit whenever business brings me back to Lantana, though I doubt that'll be very often." He explained, only occasionally glancing at Ymir's face.

"You know, Eiru teases us about it quite often, but... uh... well what I'm trying to say is..." He fell silent, heaving a deep sigh. "I just think you're great, like really great," He shook his head. "That's not really what I mean, I mean like... ugh... why is this so much with random girls at the bar, point is, I like you, but like in a different way... ugh... nevermind, please just forget I said anything." He said, turning his face away from hers. "I shouldn't have said anything, it just makes things more difficult."

Gion Stickman

Phew, Blood spill averted. That's the only thought that Gion had as the guard captain dragged him. Before this, every single time he hang out with someone else in any place other than pirate ship it would end up clashing with local authority, some of them he never see anymore. The fact that the guard captain brought them safely to the guild was certainly a big achievement worthy of a celebration! Maybe he should buy wizard a drink later. Cheers!

"Hello, I am Gion. I joined the guild yesterday." The skeleton greeted the two senior guild members and gave them a little wave with his shackled hands. A bit later he saw the wizard destroyed his shackles and clapped at the spectacle.

"That's cool, buddy. You should teach me the trick. I got chained like, once every week. Ehehehe." Almost publicly smited and thrown in jail didn't seems to affect Gion's mind at all as he's already back to his usual self, cracking and laughing at his own joke.

Sylph Sylph Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia RatKing RatKing Uasal Uasal

Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions: Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Uasal Uasal RatKing RatKing
"...what my Grandfather would say if he found out I'd done such a despicable thing?"

Azalea sometimes wondered what went on inside the head of these adventurers, and today was proving no more enlightening than any other. She listened, stone-faced, as Rebekka laid out her reasoning. Coming to the conclusion that the girl was probably better at fighting problems than she was reasoning with them. "Come on, please. I'll be there and back before you even know it!"

"You may be able to find a silver rank willing to spar with you," Azalea mentioned. That was often the easier way to do things. "We are not a guild of trial by might, but if you're comfortable being judged on your fighting abilities then you may wish to consider having them evaluate you through that."

The doors to the guild swung open and any further thought on the matter fled. Azalea glanced over the chains and shackles with a visible wince, recovering her expression upon seeing who it was with them. That was... not good. There was the crest of the Dawnguard upon their armour. But at least Gion and Wizard had been brought to the guild, instead of straight to the capital. It implied they might get off with a warning over any serious action. But there would need to be changes.

"I see you haven't matured much after all," the general remarked to someone behind her, and Azalea had her second shock of the day. The dainty figure that walked in beside Ruvo certainly looked familiar, but it wasn't until she opened her mouth that Azalea knew for sure.

"Bingo isn't held until Sunday and the knitting club's activities are under investigation for laundering." Azalea withheld a sigh, pinching the bridge of her nose. Must Eiru insist on making these matters worse? They were not in an advantageous position to begin with. "Angora..." Azalea frowned as she picked up on the name, something telling her she ought to recognise it. "From general to knitting club launderer. Retirement might not pay the best but honestly as a friend... I'm appalled."

From a general...? Please, someone tell her it was true. She did not have the forbearance to put up with this today, not with whatever... presence was also lingering in the background. Stirring up wails of the past. Kathlyn had chosen that afternoon to visit the city, though it may have been for the best. The poor girl wouldn't have fared well with ominous presence, she didn't think.

"Are you certain we can't chalk this up to a misunderstanding?" Ruvo interjected, trying desperately to regain some control of the situation. But it was a fight against Eiru's penchant for trouble, and not one he could win. Bless his heart. "Azalea already works hard enough, I'd hate to have this be one more thing she has to deal with."

There was a hiss and Azalea glanced over to see the molten iron melting into the floorboards, followed by clapping as Gion turned his spirited attention-span to the Wizard. There was a smile in Gion's voice, even where his skeletal visage made it impossible. "That's cool, buddy. You should teach me the trick. I got chained like, once every week. Ehehehe."

Gods, she felt like crying. They had no idea of the position they were in. If there were charges it wasn't a matter of shrugging it off. Let alone if it led to an inquiry. She looked to Eiru, hoping somewhere in that feathery brain of hers there was sliver of sensibility. She felt certain that things were to take a turn for the worse.

Fortune decided to grant them a favour at last.

Above the guild a section of the sky rippled, as if it had been disturbed, and a presence much like the hum of the waystone appeared. The Guildmaster did not appear in the hall at first, but an eery quiet befell it nonetheless. Those attuned to the world of spirits would sense it more strongly, but for even those without, the Guildmaster's presence was not one easily forgotten. She did not immediately appear through one of the oval windows, as she usually did. Instead there was a stretch of terse, before the withered hand of dread that had settled over the guild lifted. The influence of the Gae Bulg disappeared, and not a moment later the Guildmaster appeared through one of the oval windows with a lilting cry.

"PRIIIIIII PRIII PRI PRI."

"It seems my timing is well-discerned," Angora remarked to Eiru. She seemed to have lost interest in the defiant act of the Wizard, paying little more than a scornful glance if he set about freeing Gion. The General's attention had turned to the arcane owl that circled around to settle atop the quest board. Pri ruffled her feathers, trilling to herself as she shook out her wings. It might have been a flawlessly elegant arrival, such that it inspired those who had yet to encounter the elusive guardian of their hall, if the guildmaster had not then started hacking up something like a cat with a furball.

The owl spat what seemed to be part of a fishing net onto the floor, covering her beak briefly with a wing before settling in as if it never happened.

"As dignified as ever," the worn out Azalea remarked under her breath. It felt as if she'd witnessed the day turn to night, then back again, all in a very short span. Those around the guild returned to their normal conversations, the air feeling lighter. Pri would remain where she was, atop the guild board, observing. Angora would share words with Azalea, then the guildmaster, before departing soon after. It was not a pleasant conversation, if the drawn expression on the clerk's face was any indication. She would have to have words with Wizard and Gion at some point. Though given all that had happened, she was content to let things be until the two of them were ready to hand in their reports. Pri trilled to herself, content to bask in the atmosphere of the hall.

ymir_3_by_arumey_desyhu3-pre.jpg
Ymir
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars
"Eiru, you and Ymir have been the best friends a failure like me could have asked for..."

They were still doing it. That farewell as if it were going to be the last. Whatever he wasn't saying was aggravating her a great more than it should. She cast a disdainful eye upon the weapon that had sent them all home early. It thrived off their suffering. Consuming it and feeding it in turn. She had never wanted for something to disappear so fervently.

The appearance of more members broke her out of the spiralling thoughts, though it didn't elevate her mood to see them bound in chains. One of them she recognised, albeit only in passing. One of the younger ones that wanted desperately to prove himself. The other was a skeleton and... well, after the Final Tomb she'd had quite enough of those. It wasn't hard to figure out what was going on, and she wasn't in a kind enough mood to censor her thoughts of derision.

"Hello, I am Gion." The skeleton spoke. Addressing her and Leo, which she found of some surprise. It wasn't like there was a need for it to. Yet it paid no mind to the less than friendly reception, nor the sinister of the weapon nearby. How strange that she could hear a smile on a face that had no lips. "I joined the guild yesterday."

"...I see," she said. Somehow, it did put her at ease. "Then... welcome." She glanced again to the smaller figure, who seemed to hunch in on himself without the protection of the hat to cover his eyes. She felt a sliver of sympathy after all, recalling a certain earlier predicament. One not in the least her fault, though she had been implicated all the same. It'd be rough going through that for the first time. "Hey, Mage," she said, recalling only that he went by some too-obvious name. "Don't... worry too much." She hid her hands away in her pockets. He'd learn pretty soon that dungeons were just another room to be acquainted with. "We've all learned the hard way at one point or another."

"I and Ruvo will deal with this... thing." Eiru was saying, eyes promising trouble as she looked to the unfamiliar guard. "Try not to consummate the marriage when were gone. I'm not actually certified to wed you both and I've already got enough legal issues to deal with."

Ymir breathed in through her nose, doing her best to let the comment go without acknowledgement. Eiru was being surprisingly insistent about this, all things considered.

"Let's take a little walk, shall we?" Leo gestured towards the path while Eiru and Ruvo escorted the new arrivals inside. For a moment, she considered following them. In the end curiosity won out. Nanalee could deal with the Gae Bulg, since it was almost her turn anyway. With a shrug Ymir obliged, falling step beside her old friend.

They hadn't gone far before the suffocating veil lifted from the forest. It didn't quell the turmoil she felt completely, and the longer they walked the more she realised it wasn't about to get any better.

"Right." Leo stopped. She mustn't have fixed her expression well enough. "Would you stop glaring at me? Listen I- I'm not simply going to visit my sister. I'm going to take over the academy, like I was supposed to all those years ago..."

...so he was serious about it then. Ymir's lip into an unhappy scowl, her gaze following the serenity of the forest around them. It wasn't like she could argue if this was about family. She'd make the same decision. Things would just go back to the way they were. The Sacred Isles had been an unanticipated diversion, but there was still the caves at Icewall to explore. Northern ridges to scout. Maybe she could look at some of the coastal areas, if she worked herself up to it. They were known for their tidal caves. Or maybe she'd take a different direction and uncover more of Jameba. If Eiru was free they might even go together. Though honestly, so much of it was easier to do on her own--

That meant this was a goodbye then. A fact she was none too happy about. Farewells were always so messy, even without the waterworks. And surely Leo knew she'd be fine. They were friends--but she'd told him right at the start. She was used to people going their separate ways. It would happen to her and Eiru too, eventually. Even if the Fae heir stayed at the guild, she was going to outlive them all anyway. Next to that, Ymir could handle at least one goodbye.

"You know, Eiru teases us about it quite often..." Ymir paused at the change in topic, turning from her thoughts back to Leo with a look of deep suspicion. That sounded like- No. "I just think you're great, like really great-" Nooo no no no no. She'd gone years without having to deal with this problem. Why mess it up on the final day? "Ugh... why is this so much easier with random girls at the bar-"

Because it doesn't make a mess of things, you moron! She listened as he talked, growing more and more agitated for a way to spare them both the discomfort. It wasn't like her answer mattered at all, now did it? But if she said nothing--that was going to eat away at her forever.

"Nevermind, please just forget I said anything." He... what? He should have thought about that before he said it at all. "I shouldn't have said anything, it just makes things more difficult."

"Forget?" she said, expression stormy. She wasn't going to forget. He got to live the rest of his life knowing he said what he wanted to. She was the one this made things difficult for. "That's cruel, Leo. How's it fair if I don't get to give you my answer?"

She stepped closer, a mean little smile tugging at her expression. She was curious to know; had he brought her there intending to tell her? Or was it just tacked it on the end, consequences be damned. Well, she wasn't the one this was going to make things more difficult for. It was his choice, in the end.

"I think it's a shame," she said. "If you stayed, maybe we could give Eiru the satisfaction of knowing she was right."

The Fae had to have been banging her head against the wall these past years, wondering why neither of them ever noticed. Ymir had her reasons. Knowing things as they were now, she wondered if Leo's identity was part of his. He'd known that things would end exactly where they were now. "We could explore together you know, just the two of us. The frozen north, the eastern plains, the iron south. Maybe one day I'd even let you convince me onto a ship. We could go West, visit your sister. You could show me your hometown. My mother would be overjoyed to meet you, actually. She'd think you're charming and funny and be in disbelief that this unfilial daughter of hers even knew such a person." Her hands found her pockets, watching his reaction. "You'd have more nieces and nephews than you can count too--my mother always wanted a big family."

The smile slipped from her expression, leaning back on her heels. "But none of that matters, does it? You already made your choice." He could have left without word of this. Sparing them this entire, bitter encounter. She hated messy goodbyes. "I hope that clears things up for you. So if you don't have anything else to tell me, I'm going back to the hall." She had reports to write and a map to collate. Plus whatever drama Eiru was no doubt stirring up--anything to avoid thinking about this particular mess any further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back