• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guildstone Chronicles ((Main Hall))

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood (Casual Background2).png
Mentions: Sylph Sylph

"Forget?" Ymir was angry, he didn't even need the insight in her character he'd obtained over the years to deduce that much, but he had known her for several years, which only made her being this mad that much worse. Then again, she had every right to be, especially after he had simply blurted out whatever he felt like saying without stopping to think about the consequences for even a second. "That's cruel, Leo. How's it fair if I don't get to give you my answer?" He glanced away as she stepped closer, it really wasn't fair if she didn't get to give her answer, but even so, he really didn't want to hear it right now.

"I think it's a shame," He looked back up at her. "If you stayed, maybe we could give Eiru the satisfaction of knowing she was right." Perhaps in another moment, another reality, he would have been overjoyed to hear those words from Ymir. Right now though, it just made him feel all the more hollow and it just made leaving all the more difficult.

"We could explore together you know, just the two of us. The frozen north, the eastern plains, the iron south." He shallowly nodded. "I would love nothing more then for that to be my future but-" He didn't even get to finish the sentence as it seemed Ymir had absolutely no intention of stopping her monologue there, perhaps that was for the best, he hadn't really known how to finish his sentence anyway.

"Maybe one day I'd even let you convince me onto a ship. We could go West, visit your sister. You could show me your hometown." For a moment, just a brief, fleeting moment, he actually dared to let himself hope. Just a moment, before he extinguished the candle of hope himself just as quickly. He couldn't possibly ask Ymir to come with him, life at the academy would likely be relatively peaceful compared to the crazy adventures life at the guild came with but that wasn't what she wanted, she wanted to explore and map the world, not sit still at some academy twiddling her thumbs.

"My mother would be overjoyed to meet you, actually. She'd think you're charming and funny and be in disbelief that this unfilial daughter of hers even knew such a person. You'd have more nieces and nephews than you can count too--my mother always wanted a big family." He really didn't know how to react, for a little while he just stood there, searching for the right words to say, if there even were any. "I would have loved to meet her too, my mother certainly loved meeting you." He eventually settled on, though his voice sounded hollow as he said it.

"But none of that matters, does it? You already made your choice." He wanted nothing more than to tell her she was wrong, that it did matter, that he wasn't going to give up and that she should come with him, that he would her happy regardless of where she was and what she was doing but he couldn't. He couldn't bring himself to ask her to sail halfway across the world with him and give up her life here, so in the end, all he did was nod.

"I hope that clears things up for you. So if you don't have anything else to tell me, I'm going back to the hall." He just nodded again, not trusting himself to say anything without blurting out yet another unreasonable thing. Watching her go with an empty feeling.

After a while of just standing there, staring at the stump of a tree like it was the most interesting object he'd ever seen, he slowly set back out for the hall as well.

Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Uasal Uasal Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread
In what felt like an instant a powerful presence filled the guild hall demanding the attention, respect, and silence of all those inside. The source of which kept them in suspense for a brief moment as the lingering malevolent energy of the Gae Bulg was dealt with. Then appearing in the window was none other than the guildmaster herself who gracefully swooped in and perched themselves upon the quest board. "Guildmaster" he muttered to himself surprised by the owl's presence and how serious things might be if they appeared now just as someone demanded to speak with them. That was until the elegance and grace of their entrance was ruined by the hacking up of what almost looked like a fishing net. "No... it couldn't be right?" Ruvo thought to himself realizing now just how much less tense and grim things felt. But if that were true and the guild master did something to the spear then that would mean they truly did return empty handed as well as failed the expedition.

Eventually, however, things settled in and returned to normal or at least as normal as things got at the Waystone Guild as Angora spoke to Azalea and Guildmaster Pri. "You said your name was Gion right?" he asked the skeletal figure. They were a peculiar sight, but he had seen and heard his fair share of wild things especially as of late. "Welcome to the guild, I hope your next quest goes a bit smoother. From the looks of it your first outing ended a bit rough" he commented before taking a seat at one of the many tables beckoning over Eiru if they were not preoccupied with something else. "As much as I enjoy practicing my improv skills, how do we want to go about reporting everything that happened during the expedition?" he asked looking for some kind of guidance given the scope and circumstances of what occurred was well beyond any of Ruvo's previous quests. "I'm all for just being honest, but a lot happened"

The Wizard
Mentions: Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Sylph Sylph

The appearance of their elusive Guildmaster was enough to get General Angora to leave. Watching her back as she exited the doors to the guild. The Wizard crouched down and lamented his own powerlessness once more. Without his hat atop his head. He felt both naked and vulnerable. If Kathlyn or Milby witnessed him in this state. They'd lose faith in his abilities and even his character. That absolutely could not be allowed. His joining of the guild was to make something of himself. To grow in power and knowledge until not even the Archmages in their towers could challenge him. That was what he wanted more than anything else. Power that could not be denied or circumvented by anything but the divine. There was no other choice but to push forward. He needed to find out everything he could about the third affinity. If people could develop additional affinities aside from the ones they were born with. Perhaps he could develop greater and grander powers. With his mind made up and his eyes covered by his green hair. The Wizard made his presence known to Azalea.

Making his report to the Guild Receptionist. The Wizard revealed his battle with and eventual sparing of King Turkey's people. Even the treatment of the huntsman and guards was revealed to her. No doubt Azalea would have heard how he'd threatened a huntsman and almost fought against two noble houses. Though he left out the part where Captain Vel and General Angora's mere presence was enough to overpower him. Despite a few caveats in the way. The Wizard and Gion had completed the assigned task. Therefore it was time for him to receive a promotion in rank to Iron. His quest log so far should have just made the qualifications to hit Iron Rank. If he was going to get stronger, he'd need to risk his life on even more dangerous endeavors.

1666210813096.png
Eiru Eagna

Turning to Ruvo upon hearing his question, Eiru shook her head "I think Azalea will ask for us each to file a report on our own this time around but you needn't worry about it all that much. Ymir will handle the main bulk of the detailed report. You need only submit something to affirm what she says as true. Just write the main points as you see fit. Lieing would do little good at this point I'm afraid". And with that, a sudden wave of energy washed over the guild in but an instant.

Of course, Pri was here. Why wouldn't she be when someone from outside the guild needed to see her? Waiting with her arms folded Eiru watched the scene unfold in silence, the wizard's great escape, the general's exchange and of course the sudden disappearance of the spear she had worked so hard to retrieve alongside her expedition team. Her eyes wandered the hall as it all unfolded, many times falling upon Azalea who seemed very close to her breaking point which was entertaining in and of itself. Though why was Azalea on reception duty in the first place? Wasn't there a new blonde-haired human in the guild doing that sort of job? Regardless it was nice to finally be back and to see the place full of life. A scene Eiru was all too happy to bask in, though it saddened her a little to think Leo would likely not be apart of such scenes for the foreseeable future.

Eiru had been alive for hundreds of years now and though not a member of the guild for all that long in comparison. She had seen quite a few members leave and many others fail to return. Human life was so short-lived, even elves were short-lived to the fae. But it never really struck her how short a time she really had to spend with her mortal friends. What was but a blink to Eiru was a lifetime to Ymir and Leo. Standing in the guildhall, quiet as a mouse, leaning on the edge of the quest board Pri had perched on Eiru lost herself in thought. Her red eyes were distant and expressionless. Her face was stonelike and unchanging. Her Aunts words echoed in her head 'Before you leave Eiru, I should warn you. There's a reason we immortal races seldom befriend mortals. In time you will come to know great pain should you do so on your travels. I would recommend you leave before they grow old, though with a kind heart like yours I worry such a recommendation is of little use.'. Reaching for her hat Eiru's hand fell to her head awkwardly. Since when had she lost it? Did it even matter? Did any of it?

With the guild having quietened down Eiru moved to stare at the floor, speaking quietly to Pri as she kicked at the floorboards softly "Does it ever get easier Pri? The pain of losing a mortal friend you hold dear?". After a few seconds of silence Eiru let out a soft sigh "Nevermind, I already know the answer." Tilting her head back to stare up at the guild master, Eiru's red eyes practically peered through her as opposed to at her directly "I trust you'll keep the spear safe until such a time as it can be returned to Tir na Nog. You have my thanks Pri. And I apologise for the silly question" Pushing herself forward and off the questing board Eiru moved toward the stairs, brushing past Azalea softly "I'm tired Azalea... I'll submit my report when i'm feeling better. If anyone comes looking for me tell them I'm on a quest. I want to be alone for a while... reevaluate some things... Sorry". And with that, the fae disappeared toward her room without a sound.
RatKing RatKing Key of Stars Key of Stars Sylph Sylph Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

"Does it ever get easier Pri? The pain of losing a mortal friend you hold dear?"

The owl tilted it's head, peering down at the young keeper of chaos, their aura aflame with energy that had only ever smouldered. It was not a question the guild master could answer. Such sentimentality was lost in the eyes of a creature immune to time. Only a faintest curiosity kept its gaze tethered to that which lay in front of it.

"...you have my thanks Pri. And I apologise for the silly question."

Pri's head tilted the other way, eyes following the Fae as they retreated. After a moment the owl blinked, shaking out it's feathers. With the faintest of trills to itself the guildmaster settled back in, setting about examining their talons as guild members came up to talk to it about this or that.

----------------------------

ymir_3_by_arumey_desyhu3-pre.jpg
Ymir
Mentions: Uasal Uasal Key of Stars Key of Stars Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia
In the end, there really was nothing to say.

Ymir had turned from the clearing with faint scoff, shoving her hands deep into her pockets as she returned to the too quiet trail. It wasn't the same path back. She was too wound up to think about stepping into the hall again. It wasn't the path towards the river—gods no, not after everything that happened—but she could hear it splashing in the distance, underneath the whispering trees.

She had stepped in it this time, her anger slipping away like silk. It's satisfaction proved as hollow and fleeting as it ever was. He'd been the one to bring up the stupid topic—why on earth did she feel bad about it?

He just had to go ahead and look like a kicked puppy—she hadn't seen that expression on him before. She wished she never had. It kept reappearing in her mind until she had to stop along the trail, motionless beneath the trees as she breathed slowly between the hands covering her face.

"I would love nothing more then for that to be my future..."

Damn it. Damn it- damn it!

She dropped into a crouch, hands covering the back of her head as she tried furiously not to think about what she'd said. Her face burned, the uncomfortable heat crawling down her back as she realised she'd dealt with that in almost the worst way possible. She should have laughed it off, made a joke—not turn around and say something as stupidly out there as he had. Now he felt awful and she felt like crawling into a hole. She didn't think she'd survive seeing his face again—

Then isn't it a good thing he's leaving? Her staggered breathing paused as she realised. The hands clutching her head slowly relaxed. It was ok. That just mean that he had to go, and clearly his mind was made up. He'd be departing soon, if not within the day. It would be at least a few months, maybe years, before they ran into each other again. By that time they'd both have moved on—him with his academy, her with her work. He'd find someone else in no time, if all the time she'd watched him playing in taverns was an indication. It would be at least a year—she'd make sure if it—before they saw each other again. By that time it would be such a distant memory. They could go back to joking about it, the way they had before.

It's fine, we're fine. Let's just focus on being alive. Taking a deep breath she turned toward the hall, feeling stable enough that she was on top of things. It wasn't ideal, but things had turned out for the better after all. After such an outburst, there was no way she'd be able to work with him the same anyway. It would be too much of an embarrassment, she decided, marching back through the forest to where she could find a proper distraction. It was a good thing that he had no choice.

There were a number of things she noticed upon stepping into the spacious warmth of home. Pri had returned, which was rare, but hardly unusual. The place was her guild, after all. Mage and the newcomer seemed to have been freed of their chains, their captor nowhere in sight. She noted Ruvo's distinctive head feather nearby before her gaze finally fell on the head of white hair, talking to Azalea close to where the Mage stood.

She crossed the hall in no time at all, catching the tailed of Eiru's quiet words. "If anyone comes looking for me tell them I'm on a quest. I want to be alone for a while... reevaluate some things... Sorry-"

"Like hell-" Ymir said, grabbing the back of their collar to pull them back. Her eyes narrowed, moving around to stare at the hollow red gaze of her friend. "You're not going anywhere until I know what in the blazes possessed you to go after that weapon alone—and why you look like the evil older cousin of my friend." Eiru was up to her chest now, barely a head shorter where Ymir could've easily picked her up before—as easily as one might a disgruntled cat. "Honestly, if the first thing out of your mouth wasn't some ridiculous joke abou-"

She very nearly bit her tongue, teeth snapping shut as she recalled what she was not supposed to be thinking about. The lapse lasted only a moment, shaking her head as she returned to the interrogation. "What is going on with you, huh?" If Mage wasn't standing right there she'd have asked if it was a Fae thing. But that didn't explain diving after the weapon and everything that followed.

Her gaze trailed to the shorter kid, noting it was the first time she'd seen him properly without that gaudy hat. "We'll leave you to turn in your report," she said flatly, turning to drag Eiru along with her to the bar. "Glad to see things turned out ok."

1666295229274.png
Eiru Eagna
Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars

Just as Eiru was about to leave she felt a sudden tug on her collar and an all too familiar voice sent a shiver down her spine. Almost falling from the force of the pull Eiru awkwardly stumbled as she tried her best to remain upright in her mana-deprived state, something that took all her focus without being suddenly assaulted from behind! "Ahh, what the!" managing to avoid falling over Eiru's red eyes peered up toward Ymir's when the woman moved to block her path. What was she doing back so soon anyway? "Eh? Evil cousin! What are you even talking about? I'm just the same as I was before? You're crazy!" Turning toward the window Eiru caught a glimpse of herself for the first time since her transformation, a hand immediately darting to her face in a gentle caress "EH! SINCE WHEN!" she exclaimed in complete shock.

Turning to face the window Eiru's hand and gaze began to explore her arms legs and other various body parts, lingering on her hair "Haha! I did it! Look at me! My hair is sooo silky! Look look!". Sensing Ymir's gaze drilling into her from aside Eiru dropped her hand immediately and returned her focus to the woman with a soft cough "Ahem. I mean. It's a natural evolution. I've merely grown, think nothing of it. Honestly. I'm still me just like... way better and with much better hair. Though my eyes are quite creepy... I mean maybe theyre kinda cool but like in a creepy way but like not so creepy cause like im, not a creep or anything, but like a nice shade when contrasted with my hair but like not so contras..." Again feeling Ymir's patience wane Eiru decided to refocus "Sorry".

Returning to Ymir's first question Eiru let out a soft sign as she pondered how to answer "Well... I don't know. Did I go after the spear? Quite frankly the last thing I remember is you bringing me flowers at the port. The rest is a blur and it hurts to think about it. So, yeah. It'd actually be better if you told me what happened. Maybe then I could make some sense of the whole thing.". Aptly avoiding the mention of her prior joke Eiru decided it probably wasn't the best time to prod the bear. Clearly, her being back so soon without Leo in toe, combined with the clear mood of the conversation, things had gone pretty bad when the two were left alone.

Just then Eiru was dragged by the hand toward the bar, her eyes daring to Azalea to whom she mouthed a cry for help. Only to be forsaken when the barbed woman turned away.

Taking a seat at the bar Eiru propped herself upright, smiling gleefully to herself at the, now, noticeable height change from last she did so. How exciting! Turning to Ymir though Eiru didn't quite feel her joy was all that contagious or appropriate at the moment. And wasn't she just upset herself? Was this... teenage angst? GROSS! Ordering a round Eiru asked for a fruity and mana-rich drink with something far stronger for Ymir. Before speaking up to the woman in her company, avoiding her eyes to instead watch the barman at work "You know Ymir, love is a fickle thing. I once had someone I maybe sorta kinda like... MAYBE... kinda had a Fondness for and we ended up having a huge fight before I left. I haven't spoken to him since. He was my best and only real friend before I met you guys. And I went and ruined it. Go figure right, me ruining something haha. AHHHH". Turning back to Ymir Eiru's eyes sharpened on the woman "look Ymir I'm not all that good with this kind of stuff okay! But I guess what I'm trying to say is. I regret how I left things back home. I'd hate for you and Leo to end up the same. And yeh yeh yeh I know you don't like each other that way or whatever and that you're just mad he's leaving and what not but hey. At least smile when he finally does depart yeh. I mean it's not like you two are a thing right? I mean he never even asked you..."

The sudden realisation of the situation hit Eiru like a ton of bricks to the head, both her hands slamming down on the table with a twack as her eyes went wide "OH MY DIVINES!".​

Cylia HowerCylia Hower.png
Mentions: Sylph Sylph

She was finally almost there, just a few more minutes of walking and she would finally be able to say what she had been wanting to say for years, finally would be able to get the answers she had been wanting for years. Cylia walked along the path towards the hall at a brisk pace, Kathlyn and Tyron in tow. The red-headed member of the guard seemed to handle the pace a lot better than the blonde receptionist, the latter taking every moment she could to catch her breath.

Finally, she stopped in front of the door to the hall, barely taking as much as a moment to breathe before pushing the door open with considerably more force than strictly necessary, leaving an icy imprint of her hand on the door.

She stepped through the door, letting the temperature around her go back down to the usual biting cold as she stepped away from Tyron and Kathlyn, thanking the both of them with no more than a small nod. She let her eyes glide over the populated hall, briefly stopping at those who seemed actually worth her attention. Eventually though, her eyes settled on a figure towards the back of the hall, slumped over a table next to an oversized mug.

She walked over to the table through the middle of the hall, ignoring the stares and the fact that she was leaving a small trace of frost on the floor boards as she walked. "So I don't see you for years and you go and turn into a useless drunkard?" She coldly remarked as she got within earshot of the man. "Lift your face." The figure groaned but he didn't move. "Shut up, I'm not in the mood right now, I just messed things up." He mumbled before increasing his volume. "Can someone close the damn door, it's freezing in here." Cylia stayed quiet for a while, the air around her getting even colder as she stared at the back of her brother's head. "You certainly did mess things up. But... you seem to be mistaken. I wasn't asking you to lift your face," She raised her armor-clad fist, sending the half empty mug flying across the hall with full force. "It was an order."

Leonidas finally stirred at that, lifting his head from the table with a curse. "I paid for that! What's the big idea? I told you, I'm not in the mood." He said, turning to face the person who had just assaulted his drink. "Seriously what is your-" He immediately fell quiet as he looked up at the woman. "Cylia?" He muttered, stumbling to his feet and wrapping her in a hug immediately, ignoring the biting cold and armor. "Why- No, never mind that, I'm so glad you're here, so glad you're safe."

For just a moment, Cylia was too caught off guard to do anything, as soon as she recovered from her initial surprise at the sudden hug however, she used her full force to push her brother back, sending him flying into the table he had been sitting at until just moments ago. "What the hell do you think you're doing, brother?" She asked coldly, looking down at him.

Gion Stickman

Ohh, spooky. When the guildmaster wad entering the floor, for a moment Gion felts this strange heavy feeling in his skull, as if he just wake up from a severe hangover and someone was sitting on his head. Oh wait, he never had any hangover. Anyway, the last time he felts something like this was back then in the underground lair and that time he and his crew encounter the ghost ship.

"Yes, she's the most dignified spirit owl I have ever seen." Nodding his head, Gion enthusiastly agreed with Azalea's remark without actually catching the tone. He's just too happy to notice that right now. Not only he managed to avoid getting imprisoned, but he also received warm welcome from some of his seniors. What a time to be aliveunalive! Gion did notice the instrument carried by Ruvo and the lights on his eyes blinked in excitement at this discovery. Not only he was a senior at adventuring, but also a senior at barding! Excelent! The skeleton wanted to chat about music with him but he had a report to make. So he followed to the receptionist and joined him at reporting their mission. He mostly let the wizard do the talking but occasionaly he would insert a few jokes here and there. Afterward he handed over the small sack filled with the quest reward at wizard.

"Your reward, buddy. Don't forget to take it. You can buy a new nice hat with it." The wizard handed it to him back then when he was going to tackle the guards so it's only natural for Gion to return it now.

"I appreciate you trying to cover me back there, pal. Really. Wink." Reaching into his magic bag, Gion pulled his hand and then gave wizard a big hearty thumb up with literally four thumbs attached to his hand. It might looks absurd and comical, but Gion had no face and thus had no expression so if he really wants to convey emotion he would do weird little acts like this.

"Although, buddy. I think, sometimes, fighting isn't always the wisest move... Ahh, what did I said. Sorry, sorry, just forget about it." Waving his hand in front of him, the skeleton tried to dismiss what he just said. Whenever he tried to talk about more serious stuff he's already so used to people not taking him seriously, he's a skeleton anyway so his way of thinking must be very different from human, and must very different from the wizard. Still, he's actually quite worried about his guildmate back then. Gion noticed that the wizard was quick to flag other creature as a threat and acts without second thinking. It happened once during the turkey encounter so Gion didn't want the wizard to have another regret.

Sylph Sylph Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia RatKing RatKing

defgkat-65ec8d23-395f-4913-b0af-c8ff03cb88d6.png
Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions: Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread
Gion:
20 Coin​
20 Points​
Enchanted mask​

Wizard:
20 Coin​
20 Points​
Enchanted Robes​
Even after Angora had left, Azalea wasn't able to relax. She sat at her desk for some time, thorns curling across the worn hardwood as she thought through everything that had happened. It was fortunate Pri arrived when she, though it was most likely because the guildmaster had sensed something amiss with the relic the expedition had brought back.

It wasn't until Wizard approached with Gion in tow that she looked away from the spot she'd been staring, focusing on the duo of adventurers. Their appearance had caused quite a bit of trouble, but she held little animosity over it. The experience was lesson enough; they had little to gain from her criticism. After taking out the Guild's commission they were left with 20 coins apiece, with the matter of Wizard's additional reward also left to be sorted.

"You'd do well to heed his words," Azalea said to Wizard, despite Gion's dismissal of his own words. She said nothing of her thoughts on him trying to fight an entire platoon of guards, merely placing the young mage's new iron-inlaid waystone on the table in front of him. The old copper one would be taken to give to one of the new adventurers. "You've gotten stronger. Even I can see that much. But the more you improve, and the greater challenges you face, the more you'll find things can't always be solved with ice and fire."

"As for the matter of future quests-"
Azalea leaned forward, her mouth forming a thin line as she linked her hands in front of her. "It should go without saying, but this cannot happen again. Angora has graciously advised that she will report the suspected necromancer as being dealt with to the capital, but anyone else would not have been so forgiving. The laws surrounding the undead and their practitioners are not insignificant."

"With that in mind--Wizard, you are familiar with enchanted store I hope?"
She gestured at the back of the hall, towards the door with a glowing emblem etched into the wood. "Please help Gion find an outfit that better hides his appearance. Along with new robes for yourself." The chances were slim, but if anyone were to recognise the distinctive outfit he currently wore, there would be hell to pay. "A hat as well, if that is your preference. The guild will cover the cost. As it is a separate matter, Wizard, you also have your rank reward to select from." If he chose the ability potions or a coin reward, Azalea would be able to give them to him immediately. Otherwise he was free to choose an additional piece of iron equipment from the enchanted store. "Despite the circumstances, congratulations to both of you on finishing your request."

Ymir
Mentions: Uasal Uasal Key of Stars Key of Stars
"Quite frankly the last thing I remember is you bringing me flowers at the port." Ymir hummed, her eyes narrowing in thought as Eiru continued to explain. It would certainly explain the behaviour in the lead up to everything, but for her to have forgotten as far back as the port...? Something didn't seem right with that.

It felt like Eiru's little 'nudges' were becoming more and more blatant of late. Pulling Eiru's glass towards her, Ymir transferred a good half of the contents over, merely grinning if the Fae happened to notice before setting the glass back where it was.

"You know Ymir," Eiru said, the barkeep setting down a glass of dark, ochre liquid and another with floating bubbles in front of them. "Love is a fickle thing. I once had someone I maybe sorta kinda like... MAYBE..."

Was this some sort of confession day? Ymir stared with belated disbelief as Eiru continued to speak. She sipped at the dark liquid, which was much too bitter for her tastes, honestly, but if Eiru ordered it then it was going on her tab. "At least smile when he finally does depart yeh."

"Hmm." Well, it should be easy enough to pretend. As pointless as it had been, it wasn't worth cutting off a friendship over, even if she was ignoring him slink over to one of the far tables to order a drink-

"OH MY DIVINES!" Eiru slamming her hands down on the table gave her more of a jolt than she expected. Ymir set down the glass with a huff, side-eyeing her friend who looked like she'd uncovered the miracle of the century. Ymir was getting ready to deflect the entire matter when the doors to the guild opened once more, and in strolled Kathlyn, a stranger who looked ready to go to war, and the red menace himself.

Ymir grinned, nudging Eiru with her foot. "Don't look now, but your favourite noble is here to provide some entertainment." Eiru could hardly ever resist getting one over on Tyron. He has his uses from time to time after all.

More curiously though, was the stranger in armour. They surveyed the hall with steely eyes, and Ymir's gaze dropped to the frost gathering at their feet. That armour is much too grandiose to be anything less than a captain.

She wondered briefly if it was someone returning to deal with the 'necromancer' issue again, but the notion was quickly dismissed when they zeroed in on a different target, making strides across the hall.

"Is that...?" Her suspicions we're all but confirmed when the woman stopped at Leo's table. Ymir snorted over the top of her drink, watching them talk about something too distant to hear. "Wanna bet she's here to repay a debt, or one of his old flings," she said dryly to Eiru—it wouldn't be the first bar tab he'd left open, though as he lifted his head to look at her and then pulled her in for a hug, Ymir wondered if she was a bit off the mark. That wasn't the usual reaction.

Especially not when the woman all but threw him across the table. Ymir blinked, several times, watching the imposing woman glare down at their companion.

"Perhaps we should help..." she muttered to Eiru. While she was still mildly vexed at the whole situation, the bitter drink had certainly taken the edge off things. And as mad as she was, she still didn't want to see him cut to ribbons, which this very well-armoured stranger seemed fully capable of doing.

Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Uasal Uasal Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars
After listening to the advice Ruvo took some time to collect his thoughts. Their time on the expedition was full of details, but as Eiru recommended only key points were necessary for his report. As the bard decided what exactly those key points would be he watched as Ymir entered back into the hall followed shortly after by Leo which didn't give him confidence that their private conversation went well. "Hope it wasn't too bad..." Ruvo thought to himself as the cartographer hastily made their way over to Eiru and grabbed them by the back of their clothing before dragging them off to the bar. He wasn't exactly sure what they were discussing, but if the body language and brief exclamations regarding 'evil cousins' were anything to go off of Ymir was demanding some kind of information or explanation from their fae companion.

With a few more minutes of thought he decided what he wanted to include in his report and began to make his way over to Azalea, but was interrupted as the door opened once again. Stepping inside he could recognize Kathlyn and Tyron, but alongside them was some unknown third figure. The figure was clad in what was clearly expensive armor indicative of a high ranking official or someone of importance. He would of guessed they were someone from the upper echelon of the capital but given that one had departed not too long ago he doubted that was the case. The figure wasted little time and headed directly toward Leo with whom words were briefly exchanged before things quickly escalated with a mug being thrown and shattering coupled with brief cursing and yelling. But as quickly as it escalated the situation seemingly calmed down for a moment as the poet hugged the unknown figure before getting shoved back forcefully into the table behind. It was clear now that whoever this was had to be someone close to Leo. They could of been an old friend, but Ruvo couldn't shake the feeling that they were something more than that. "Couldn't possibly be...what would be the odds?" he muttered to himself as he considered the possibility of this being Leo's sister or at least a member of family. It would certainly be a happy ending to top off their return to the guild after the expedition and it may mean Leo would stay, but it could equally mean the opposite with Leo being taken back effective immediately and souring the whole thing.

Being mindful of the thin layer of frost left behind by the armor clad figure Ruvo gave a glance over to Azalea as if to ask if something should be done. It wasn't clear if a fight was going to break out that would need to be broken up, though luckily it seemed Ymir and Eiru were paying close attention to how things developed. Depending on the answer if any Ruvo would wait to see how the altercation developed or assist those who may try step in and figure out who the armor clad individual was.

1666740926109.png
Eiru Eagna

Settling herself with a cough Eiru reclaimed her seat with a grin. Her eyes darted to Leo who had slinked into the bar during her conversation with Ymir. For someone who just confessed he seemed extremely down. I mean shouldn't he have been happier? He had told the woman he loved how he felt and was about to elope with her on a journey across the seven seas. To a life of luxury and comfort. Actually, Ymir didn't seem all that happy about it either.

Returning her focus to her, tampered with, glass. Eiru pondered on the situation as she sipped at the fruity and mana-rich drink. It just didn't add up! Both of them clearly liked each other, and both of them were clearly happy to travel around the world at the drop of a hat. Was it an issue of going to sea? I mean sure it would take longer to get there but if they were so inclined they could always travel to a port with less travel time by sea and then go it by land. It was hardly something to fuss over. If anything this seemed like the perfect solution. So what then had them so down?

Continuing to sip on her drink Eiru began spiralling down the rabbit hole that was the current situation. By the time she had come to her senses, Leo had just been launched across his table. The crash and commotion snapped Eiru from her thoughts and her head arched back to glance back at an invert. Her upper body wobbled slightly as she tried to keep her balance. A woman clad in ornate armour clearly the cause. Whipping her head back upright Eiru began to wobble from side to side before regaining her balance, gazing toward Ymir who seemed concerned Eiru waved her hand from side to side "Help what? If that woman wanted Leo dead she'd have done so already". Stifling a hiccup Eiru spun on her stool to face toward the scene, crossing her legs and catching her chin in a palm. Her eyes began to glow a dim red as she examined the woman from head to toe "Hmmm, You'd think with all that radiating ice magic she'd have poor mana control but... oh my. If you want to help him, by all means, go ahead but I dont have the mana to support you right now and you'll be joining him rather quickly without it I surmise".

Giggling to herself Eirushifted her view to Leo offering him a wink before hiccuping yet again. "Besides Pri is here. At the very least he won't die right? What's the harm? I've seen him take far worse hits. Though my money is on at least a single black eye as well as a rib." Moving to sip on her drink, which was now being held up by her free hand Eiru watched on carefully. A small black crow entering through the guild doors and perching nearby.

Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars RatKing RatKing

The Wizard
Mentions: Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Sylph Sylph

The Wizard looked at his new Iron Rank Waystone with a frown on his face. He SHOULD feel happy considering all he went through to attain such a rank. However the bitter taste of powerlessness still filled his mouth. So instead he simply gave Azalea a nod, grabbed his waystone and looked toward the magical door leading to the store. Turning back to the reception desk. The Wizard informed Azalea that he would be taking the ability potions for his rank up reward. He'd read that the risk to ones body increased the greater the quality of ability potion. That didn't matter to him in the slightest. What the Wizard wanted was power, undeniable power. Which was why he was willing to risk his health in order to obtain greater power. Marching over to the enchanted door leading to the guild store. The Wizard beckoned Gion to follow behind him. Opening the door and stepping inside. A strange feeling came over the mage. It was as if they were somewhere different despite the direct door to this place. Perhaps it was originally attached to an alternate space. Regardless the Wizard looked around the curios before hitting up the counter.

"Shopkeeper! The Wizard has come with skeleton in tow to acquire goods. Although he is on a budget" stated the ever dramatic magus while placing his sack of one hundred and thirty coins on the wooden countertop. This was pretty much his entire life savings. He'd just held on to any rewards gained from his jobs instead of cashing or spending them. Such an amount was certainly a lot for someone like The Wizard. However he was sure that it was pocket change to the truly powerful. Other than the robes he was promised by Azalea. He also needed a new hat as his previous one was taken by those irritating knights. Plus Gion needed a new outfit among other things.

Gion Stickman

Following the wizard into the shop, the skeleton was excited to finally be able to buy clothes of his own. All of the belonging he had so far were either gifts or looted, he simply didn't have any reason to buy clothes before. He's now different though, he knew that if he wants to blend in then its important to dress like civilized people.

Browsing through the collections, Gion was especially interested by an item that looks like a silver trumphet. Although out of all type of instrument the one that needs to be blowed was something that would be impossible for him to use, afterall he had no lungs or lips.

"Hello! Me and my buddy here would like to buy some clothes, the guild will cover the cost." Gion greted the shopkeeper with his usual merry attitude.

"Ah, yes. Can you help me with this one? I want to have something that can help me becoming less... noticable." Gion let out a small chuckle as he remembered what just happened today. He couldn't afford to keep getting arrested every single mission so he must do something about it.

Sylph Sylph Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Mentions: Sylph Sylph Uasal Uasal
"W-what are you talking about?" Leonidas asked, making an attempt at clambering to his feet until a newly formed patch of ice send him back down to the floor. "I was just giving you a hug, it's been so-" Cylia held up her hand, cutting her brother's explanation short. "You think you have the right to act like you're happy to see me after you abandoned me for years?" She asked, voice quiet and cold as a tomb.

He looked up at her expressionless face, struggling to find any words at all, let alone the right ones to say. "I- I was about to come and see you. Really, I-" She cut him of again, pressing down on his left hand with her armor clad foot, hard enough to really hurt but not hard enough to leave any lasting damage. "I didn't come here to listen to some made-up lies and sad excuses." She remarked coldly. She glanced around the guild hall, her eyes briefly resting on Kathlyn, who she silently warned to stay out of it after the receptionist had sprung into action the moment she'd injured her brother's hand. She moved on, spotting a pair of adventurers observing her exchange with her brother closely, she specifically focused her attention on the smaller of the two, the other one hardly seemed worth her attention. In the end she simply glared at the pair, she didn't want to have to deal with any of the guild's adventurers getting involved.

"It's not an excuse." Leonidas bit out between gritted teeth. "What was that?" She asked, returning her attention to her brother. "I said it isn't a lie or excuse." He said again, channeling his wind magic and blasting her foot away from his hand. She took a small step back, regaining her footing almost immediately. "I was about to leave for Hower academy to see you and relief you of your duty." She narrowed her eyes. "What the hell do you mean by that?" He struggled to his feet and took a step toward her. "I plan to take over Hower academy and let you live your life, like I should have done all those years ago."

Cylia stayed quiet for a moment, expression unreadable, before she burst out into manic hollow laughter devoid of any emotion, icy spikes forming around her as she shook with laughter. "You? Take over the academy? Don't flatter yourself coward, your nothing more than a weakling who ran away from your duty. You couldn't even land a hit on me if I stood still. I wouldn't allow someone like you to take over the academy in a million years."

Leonidas winced at his sister's words. "Let me proof my swordsmanship is up to standard then." He said, his hand drifting to the hilt of his weapon. Cylia's eyes followed her brother's hand closely, narrowing when he got to the weapon. "You-" A burst of water shot out of her hand, slamming Leonidas back into the wall. The water quickly froze as she stepped towards him, pinning him in place. "How did you get this?!" She yelled, grabbing the weapon from his hip.

He slowly raised his head until he was looking right into her eyes. "I met mom, Cyl." He answered with a pained smile. She carefully placed the weapon on a nearby table before reaching for her own. "Like I'd believe a pathetic lie like that. You've crossed the line, brother." She said, unsheathing her blade.

Ymir
Mentions: Uasal Uasal Key of Stars Key of Stars
"...oh my." Ymir glanced back at Eiru's remark. "If you want to help him, by all means, go ahead but I don't have the mana to support you right now and you'll be joining him rather quickly without it I surmise."

"I'm not going over to start a fight," she said, rolling her eyes as she stood. The way Eiru was swaying side to side on her chair, Ymir wondered how much use she'd be even without the mana depletion.

The woman was preoccupied with talking down at Leo, looking as if she'd break his hand with minimal issue. As Ymir stepped in closer he finally managed some sort of retaliation, throwing his assailer off-balance for the fraction of a second he needed to struggled back to his feet.

"...about to leave for Hower academy to see you and relief you of your duty." Ymir paused a distance away as she finally started to pick up on the situation, peering around Cylia's side at Leo. "I plan to take over Hower academy... like I should have done all those years ago."

Hells. Ymir winced, a number of things clicking into place as the temperature dropped to that of a blizzard. Like that's going too go down well. She'd wondered before why Leo thought the Academy wasn't something his sister would want. Judging by the haughty presence and formidable armour, it was something she was well suited to. "You? Take over the academy-?"

"Let me prove my swordsmanship is up to standard then."

It took all of a moment for Leo to be pinned against the wall, leaving Ymir wondering why he didn't just take the obvious way out presented. His sister clearly wanted the Academy, by the sounds of it. Even if only to preserve its honour. Him waltzing back in to claim a birthright he'd forsaken hardly seemed fair. Though she wouldn't think it was worth stabbing someone over-

Ymir started forward as his sister's hand landed on the hilt of her blade, having effectively disarmed her brother. The temperature was a shock. The few paces Ymir took to duck around their side and impose herself between them felt like stepping into the North. Which wasn't so bad, but Ymir wasn't dressed for the weather.

"Heeeyyy there. Hi-" she said, her hands fluttering in an attempt to avert their attention. She stood half in front of Leo, looking a lot less imposing and a lot more daunted than his sister. "So, before you go giving him a haircut--which we all know he's needed for years--I should probably mention he's not actually lying about that last part. It's a long and messy story, but your, uh, mother is still alive... kinda. She's technically a siren under the care of Odyssey. We just got back from that journey--this morning, actually, it's pretty good timing on your part!"

The icy expression was making it very hard to tell if Ymir being there was making things better or worse. She glanced around at Eiru, silently pleading for backup before turning back to Cylia with a grin. "That said--if you want to smack him a bit then go ahead. I'd totally get where you're coming from! Just cool it on the stabbing bit, maybe--ahahah."

1667415810921.png
Eiru Eagna

Eiru's eyes met with Cylia's when the woman glared in her direction, a look Eiru returned alongside a wicked grin. Though when Ymir moved to shield Leo, Eiru's grin shifted toward Tyron who her eyes honed in on like a hawk. Offering the manchild a polite nod of the head, Eiru returned her focus to Cylia and the current situation. Sipping again from her cup Eiru softly chuckled to herself as she watched Ymir try to defuse the situation with niceties and pleasantries. Something Eiru personally had little faith in given the woman's extreme reaction to the blade and news of her mother. News of her mother... wait. They had met Leo's mother! Of course, they had! And of course, Eiru had to have forgotten about it all! Ba! Humbug!

Looking at Leo, Eiru examined the mass of ice with curious eyes- Cylia was skilled in ice magic. That much was a given, but to think she could also masterfully swap between frozen and liquid states with such ease. Such control was far beyond what Leo and Ymir could handle, even with Ruvo the three would struggle to land any significant blow. Yet still, Eiru had seen far stronger ice magic. Indeed she had been on the receiving end of said magic for years. The cold didn't bother her anyway. But taking a direct hit would certainly take her out of commission given her state. With that in mind, Eiru continued to gaze at the woman from her stool.

"Tyron, sweet sweet Tyron. Dear. Tell me, what was the punishment for the theft of a weapon again? Public disorder? The casting of offensive class magic against another within the city's sphere? Assault? Battery? Isn't there also a charge for doing so in front of a member of the great and mighty Guard Family too? Honestly, you'd think at this stage I'd know them off by heart but please remind me... I'm oh so curious". Smiling softly at Tyron and then Cylia, Eiru continued to sip at her cup quite happily.

RatKing RatKing Key of Stars Key of Stars Sylph Sylph

Last edited:
Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Uasal Uasal Key of Stars Key of Stars
The altercation had only grown worse with the conversation intensifying and bursts of magic firing off from both Leo and the armored figure. He could only imagine the stress Azalea was probably feeling trying to figure out how to take control of this given the policy of no fighting in the guild hall. Though if anything came out of the escalation it did confirm that this had to be Leo's sister given that he mentioned he was on his way to meet her and that the armored figure directly referred to him as their brother. Luckily Ymir was quick to act, interposing themselves between the sister and brother in order to try to support Leo's story and dissuade attacking the restrained poet with a blade. Eiru on the other hand was helping in their own way by asking Tyron what the punishments were for the violations of several different laws, presumably in an attempt to get him to act albeit begrudgingly in some way as to follow the duties of his position.

"It's true what they say" he said stepping away from the front desk he was originally intending to go to not content to just stand idly by. "We really did meet your mother. Olivia helped guide us on a journey we only recently returned from. And yes she is now a siren under the care of the goddess Odyssey. Your brother does not lie either, at least not about his intention of going to meet you. He fully intended to leave this guild to see you again" he said now shivering from both the cold and from the anxiety of not knowing how Cylia would react to him speaking up or making mention of their mother's name. If he similarly got blasted by the ice magic he wouldn't really have any means of protecting himself, he could only hope that she was willing to stop and hear what they had to say.

Last edited:
defgobf-822de872-52bd-4631-a768-f2c103cef167.jpg
Tyron Avattica
Mentions: Uasal Uasal
"Tyron, sweet sweet Tyron-" It took a moment for him to match the face to the voice he recognised, a curt brow raising in disbelief as he noticed the witch--without her trademark broom or hat.

"Have you grown shorter?" he sneered, watching her tip from side to side. Her voice had gotten less pleasant. It reminded him of the velvet words of the court madams, that spoke too much without saying what they meant. "You seem to be missing a few inches off the top."

"Dear. Tell me, what was the punishment for..." He listened to her prattle off transgressions, following her gaze to the altercation that seemed to be dragging in more of the guild members. As she finished he didn't respond straight away, arms crossed as he observed the chain of events.

"Insulting one of the esteemed Twelve Generals-" he said at last, red eyes turning towards Eiru. "Trespassing onto a trade ship. Raising a weapon in front of the guard. Interfering with a royal investigation." She sat as if she were the pinnacle of innocence herself, casting shadow on others with little heed for how far hers stretched. He stepped forward, red eyes glaring down at her. "You only apply the law where it suits you, witch. If you insist upon this lawless place being held to that standard--it'll start with me dragging you Magistra to have your transgressions brought before the court."

If he'd had a fire affinity, embers would have burned through the cloth of his gloves. Though her face had changed, it seemed little else about the witch was different. "But we both know nothing's going to come out of that, because little miss Arcane here is too important to have consequences. Isn't that right?"

Mentions: Sylph Sylph RatKing RatKing Uasal Uasal

"It's a long and messy story, but your, uh, mother is still alive... kinda. She's technically a siren under the care of Odyssey. We just got back from that journey--this morning, actually, it's pretty good timing on your part!" Cylia didn't turn or make any gesture to indicate she acknowledged Ymir's presence but she did respond. "I don't remember asking for the opinion of a stranger." She noticed the smaller woman she'd seen earlier talking to the guard who guided her to the guild, she couldn't hear exactly what she was talking about but the little smile the woman send her way was indication enough it was about her. Not that she cared, she didn't know who the woman was but if she thought she could leverage her influence against the head of the Hower family she was in for a rude awakening, so she simply turned away without giving the woman the satisfaction of a reaction.

"It's true what they say. We really did meet your mother. Olivia helped guide us on a journey we only recently returned from." "Haaah," Cylia sighed, letting go of the handle of her sword and letting it slide back into its sheath. "You all seem to have forgotten who you're talking to. You all shouldn't forget that you're nothing more than a common guild, a bunch of weaklings grouped together." She said, lowering the temperature around her as much as she could manage. "The weaker humans are the more they group together, isn't that right? Isn't that why you're all here? Because you're too weak to accomplish anything on your own."

"And the few interesting ones here, those that are actually worth mentioning,"
She added, turning away from her brother to look at the red eyed woman. "How does it feel to have the moral high ground? That's why you're here, isn't it? To feel good about yourself. The strong should protect the weak, is that how the saying goes? Utter nonsense, the world doesn't work like that. Out there, only the strong and those with status survive, no one gives a damn about kindness or compassion. If you're weak you'll just be abandoned and left behind!" She bit out, raising her voice for the second time since she had stepped foot into the hall.

"You're wrong." A familiar voice spoke up from behind her. She turned around and came face to face with her brother, somehow having managed to free himself from her ice and holding a different weapon from the one he claimed to be her mother's. "Oh?" She raised an eyebrow. "My fool of a brother finally speaks up? And it's to disagree and point a piece of crude metal one could hardly call a sword at his own sister?" He didn't respond, continuing his own thought instead. "None of the people here are weak Cylia, I would trust every single one of them with my life. And even they were weak, no one here would turn there back on someone and abandon them just because they are weak or have no status."

She scoffed. "There's someone here who did just that." She reached for the handle of her sword again. "I assume you pointing your sword at me is meant as a challenge? Very well then, I'll accept your challenge, lead me to a training field if you want this place to stay intact. I'll use this opportunity to correct your way of viewing this world and rid myself of any lingering sparks of attachment all at once."

Last edited:
1667778584459.png
Eiru Eagna

Eiru continued to sway slightly, from side to side, that was until Tyron began to insult her new-found height! The audacity! For a manlet to toss around such a ridiculous statement! With her eyebrow now twitching ever so slightly Eiru continued to listen, eyebrow growing more and more erratic the more annoyed the woman very quickly became. Indeed by the time the man came to stand over her, glaring down at where she sat. Eiru's smile had become a twisted facade that did very little to hide her disdain for the man. Tilting her head to the side Eiru forced a chuckle and returned her cup to the bar, folding her hands in her lap quite politely before speaking to the man, her eyes sharp and focused on his facial features. "Surely you jest Tyron. I don't even carry a weapon. Could it be you simply lack the finesse to properly report on such things? Is that maybe why you were forced to join this 'lawless' gang? Or was it that hot temper of yours? How's your sister doing? Still, carrying your workload?"

Moving to stand Eiru found her eyes came to rest just short of his chin now. Moving a hand to his collar Eiru began tidying it and aligning the front of his cape, like a mother, might a child, patting him on the shoulder when she finished. "Now if you have time to escort the wicked witch of the north here, how about you go do something more productive? I hear there's a copper rank quest up for shovelling crap? Be a good rookie and get to it yeh?".

Eiru's vexation and commonplace spat with Tyron was very quickly brought to a halt though when Cylia raised her voice for the second time. With the question aimed at Eiru, the little witch couldn't help but stare blankly at the woman in a state of disbelief. Confusion even. Eventually, the situation caught up to her and she began to laugh softly to herself, turning from Tyron to Cylia with a genuine smile. Looking the woman up and down from head to toe Eiru hummed to herself as if in deep contemplation before speaking up following a hiccup. "Moral high ground? Me? It seems you're terribly confused little girl. I'm probably one of the members with the lowest moral standards on the roster. I'm a witch? Rules are merely a suggestion to my kind. A challenge even. Quite honestly, I'm a rather terrible individual. I've even toyed with souls to accomplish research. So please haha don't compliment me like that! HA! You're going to make me blush!".

Moving to grab her drink Eiru began to sip at it again while she moved closer to Leo and Ymir, her eyes lingering on Ruvo for a brief second as she moved. Offering the man a hand Eiru placed her hand on the remaining ice and after a second the ice returned to water. "All that aside though you seem to be under a rather odd misconception." Turning to glance back at the woman and her aura of ice Eiru moved to stand in front of Ymir to whom she passed her empty cup. Now in front of the woman, Eiru dropped her smile and her expression went blank, eyes glowing a deep crimson as her own mana stirred up against Cylia's. Pushing the icy aura back to a midpoint, Eiru's mana had most certainly changed since her transformation. What was once a common sight, was now far denser and far more focused, yet strangely twisted and off-putting when focused upon. Though unlike before, and unlike Cylia now, Eiru's mana seemed to not be damaging her surroundings, only clashing with the frost. The crow cawing uncontrollably in the corner.

Staring back at the woman blankly, Eiru tilted her head "You seem to think you are strong, powerful even. What kind of misguided level are you basing that on? Are you really that conceited? Or are you just a simpleton who has yet to realise the mountaintop is still so far gone that it is out of sight? Do you think your fancy ice work is a match against an elven elder? Coould it hold off a dragon's breath? What is it to a dwarf with an enchanted plate? A gnome who caught you by surprise? What is it to a god? An immortal or a demon lord? You're weak, you would die from old age even if you ran and hid!? I personally have seen ice magic the likes of which would make your own look like snow. Do not flatter yourself while being so unaware. Insolence". Not a second later Eiru withdrew her aura and turned back to Ymir and Leo with a smile "You are a child, you have a long way to go before you start talking so cynically toward others you know. I joined this guild not because I was strong and wanted to protect the weak. I joined because it offered me a place from which I could be free to explore. And I have stayed because I have learned that it is here I belong. I am weak myself. I get a lot of things rather wrong too. If anything I get more wrong than right. But in the short amount of time I've spent here I've grown. Rapidly and in my own way. I couldn't have done that alone."

Turning back to Cylia, Eiru's expression changed again to that of pity "To think you travelled all this way, across the ocean no less, and still you're so blind. You focus on me and fail to see that even now a being far more powerful than you or I could ever hope to be sits watching you... Have you ever seen a war? A revolution? The weak are stronger than you give them credit for. While the powerful boast from on high, grow fat and conceited, the weak polish their wisdom and when the time comes, they shatter the fangs of the powerful with ease and become the strong themselves. What are the strong anyway if not the weak who have overcome hardship?"

Turning back to Ymir to collect her cup Eiru made off toward the bar again with a chuckle "Anyway, normally I charge for giving lessons on such things. I'll keep this between you and me though. After all, I have a deal with the academy here not to teach at other institutions. Can't have them knowing I gave you a free lecture! hahaha! Anyway, my point is, you may be powerful but Leo is far stronger. Do let me know how the dirt tastes! And if you're too scared to fight your brother, Ruvo here could knock you out in a single move!"

Returning to her seat Eiru ordered another drink before glaring at Tyron "What are you looking at? Don't be gross!"

Key of Stars Key of Stars Sylph Sylph RatKing RatKing

Last edited:
Ymir
Mentions: Uasal Uasal Key of Stars Key of Stars RatKing RatKing
"I don't remember asking for the opinion of a stranger."

Ouch.
She felt like disintegrating into the floor. The frosty air was starting to crystallize. Promising a slow death to anyone who approached. Why had she jumped into a family matter again-- oh, right. He was about to be skewered.

"We really did meet your mother-" Ruvo said, speaking up in support. He wasn't a winter bird, if the shivering ends of his plumage was an indication, but Cylia seemed to be doing her best to make the guild resemble the northernmost peninsula.

Meanwhile Eiru was incensed. Ymir probably shouldn't have given her half her own drink, but she hadn't expected the Fae's tolerance to get worse than before. Though it could also be the exhaustion. Once she'd finished being... weird, with Tyron--since when did she start correcting his collar?--she turned her attention to Cylia. Who seemed to be doing her best to make as many people as mad as possible.

"Moral high ground? Me? ...I'm probably one of the members with the lowest moral standards on the roster." Ymir rolled her eyes. At least Eiru was aware of it. Though as soon as the witch made mention of toying with souls Ymir froze, glancing surreptitiously towards the member of the royal guard. There was no way he hadn't heard, his hearing as sharp as it was. He said nothing, eyes narrowed at Eiru as his hand hovering over the hilt of his weapon.

"All that aside though you seem to be under a rather odd misconception-" Preoccupied as Ymir was, it came as somewhat of a surprise when Eiru stopped in front of her, depositing an empty cup into her hands. Ymir stared at it a moment, before returning Eiru a flat look. What the hell?

Leo had been freed from the last of the frost, speaking up in defiance of his sister after Eiru had finished her tirade. Ymir hung back with Ruvo as the two of them exchanged more heated words, passing the cup to Eiru as the witch passed them to return to the counter. Do I really want to involve myself in this further, she mused, as they spoke of taking the challenge to the training fields. This seems messy. She won't kill him, right? That'd be a bit far-

"-and rid myself of any lingering sparks of attachment all at once."

Okay maybe she might. Ymir blew out a sigh, shuddering at the new temperature before she forced it to subside. "What is it with people and thinking fighting will change anything," she muttered, rubbing her arm as her and Ruvo watched on. If Leo wanted to fight then that was his choice, even if she didn't much like his chances. "Training field is through that door over there," she said to Cylia. "Though, I don't see what you'd prove by pushing around someone who's already exhausted and low on mana from an expedition."

Cylia Hower & Leonard HowerCylia Hower.png
Mentions: Uasal Uasal Sylph Sylph RatKing RatKing

"You seem to think you are strong, powerful even. What kind of misguided level are you basing that on? Are you really that conceited? Or are you just a simpleton who has yet to realise the mountaintop is still so far gone that it is out of sight? Do you think your fancy ice work is a match against an elven elder? Coould it hold off a dragon's breath? What is it to a dwarf with an enchanted plate? A gnome who caught you by surprise? What is it to a god? An immortal or a demon lord? You're weak, you would die from old age even if you ran and hid!? I personally have seen ice magic the likes of which would make your own look like snow. Do not flatter yourself while being so unaware. Insolence" Cylia's expression didn't change, staying completely blank. "I am well aware there are those that are stronger than myself in this world and I am not conceited in the slightest nor am I a simpleton. But compared to those here, I am powerful." She stated matter of factly, her voice carrying all the authority of the headmistress of Hower academy. "You seem to be under an odd misconception yourself, I do not wield ice magic. This little trick, as you call it, is merely a tiny fraction of my strength, yet you presume to have seen it all and judge me based upon it."

"But in the short amount of time I've spent here I've grown. Rapidly and in my own way. I couldn't have done that alone." Cylia's expression remained unreadable but her eyes hardened. "Do not speak to me of bonds, you have no idea what I've been through in life." She hissed.

"To think you travelled all this way, across the ocean no less, and still you're so blind. Have you ever seen a war? A revolution?" Cylia took a step toward the small witch. "Do not attempt to patronize me simply because I am not yet a relic of a bygone era. Allow me to ask you something in return. Have you ever had someone make an attempt on your life? Ever had to worry that everything you eat and drink might just be poisoned? That every time you walk into your room someone with a dagger is waiting right around the corner, never allowing you a moment to relax?" She said, holding up a hand to silence her brother who seemed like he had a thing or two to say about the whole speech.

"Do let me know how the dirt tastes! And if you're too scared to fight your brother, Ruvo here could knock you out in a single move!" The corner of the young headmistress' mouth twitched at Eiru's words, casting a cold glare at this Ruvo the witch mentioned. "Don't delude yourself, they stand no chance even if they come at me at the same time, you know that instinctively just as well as I do."

"Though, I don't see what you'd prove by pushing around someone who's already exhausted and low on mana from an expedition." She turned away, facing the direction of the training field. "I don't have anything to prove. I'm simply returning a favor, someone else's state of health did not bother him when he left." She said, roughly gesturing for her brother to follow her.

-

"So you came, and you brought that shoddy replica of the past," His sister's cold words greeted Leonidas as he stepped out onto the field, clutching the hilt of his mother's sword tightly. "Suits me, I'll br-" "It's not a replica. This is mom's sword." Cylia shook her head. "It doesn't matter, I'll break it all the same. The weapon of someone who abandoned me holds no value to me." Leonidas looked up, staring his sister straight in the eye. "Don't speak ill of mom, Cylia." "Oh, but people speaking ill of me is fine?" She shouted, finally letting go of the emotionless facade. "You just idly stood by as your so called friends insulted me and my efforts!" She shook her shield off her back before pulling out her sword in a single fluid motion and launched herself at her brother.

Leonidas managed to barely dodge the first swing of her weapon, having to use a combination of wind magic and what little energy he had left. He could feel that he was dangerously low on mana, any fancy wind work or any poetry magic at all would send him right over the edge of exhaustion. It didn't take long for his sister to push him to the limits of his swordsmanship, he knew all her moves, they were exactly by the book, yet still, the speed at which Cylia wielded her weapon and the addition of the shield threw him off. He barely managed to block a slash from above before Cylia slammed her shield into his right leg, he collapsed as his leg gave way with a loud cracking noise.

Even so, he didn't stay down, every time his sister knocked him to the ground he pushed himself back to his feet, ignoring the sharp pain in his newly broken leg and arm.

"Why?" Cylia shouted angrily. "Why do you keep getting up?" She grabbed him by his collar, lifting him off the ground. "Answer me!" Leonidas gave a pained grin. "I just want to look cool in front of my little sister." "Shut up, take this seriously!" Cylia bit out, slamming her armored fist into his side before throwing him back to the ground. "Why now? Why, are, you, so, stubborn?" She yelled, following each word with a punch. "You gave up so easily back then!" Her voice faltered for the first time since her arrival as tears formed in the corner of her eyes.

He slowly pushed himself to his feet, stumbling the one step towards her and wrapping his arms around her, ignoring the searing pain in his arm. "I'm sorry. I've never regretted anything more." She stayed quiet for a moment before roughly pushing him away. "Don't touch me! Mother abandoned me! You abandoned me! Father died!" She shouted through tears. "I always end up alone!" He shook his head, stumbling towards her with gritted teeth to wrap his arms around her again. "Not this time."

Cylia didn't move, her facade completely shattering as she buried her face in his chest, weakly hitting it with her fists. Leonidas glanced down at his sobbing sister, the imposing headmistress was surprisingly small, only reaching up to his shoulder. It was the way she usually carried herself that made her seem that much bigger. In the end, he realized, even if she was strong and of high status, his sister was just a girl barely in her 20's who'd been through enough pain for a lifetime. He turned his back to any onlookers, shielding his sister from their gaze, she had worked herself to the bone for her reputation, the least he could do was let her keep it. "You did well, Cyl."

Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars Uasal Uasal Sylph Sylph
While Cylia may not have believed their words regarding who they met during the expedition it did at least stall her from attacking Leo. Now with the temperature dropping to an almost unbearable low a battle of ideals would ensue rather than one of swords and magic. Ruvo listened intently as Leo and Eiru stood up for the guild and its members while Cylia gave her own counterpoints though one comment did make him panic. "And if you're too scared to fight your brother, Ruvo here could knock you out in a single move!" Ruvo quickly turned his attention to Eiru with a look of shock. There was no way he could do something like that, now what if Cylia tried to call the witch out on their word. If he hadn't already been shivering from the cold then he surely would of been out of fear from the prospect of fighting someone of such a higher caliber then him.

Soon enough though the conversation between brother and sister culminated in a challenge being issued, with those who wished to spectate the fight moving to the training field. If Eiru joined in to see the fight Ruvo would speak to the witch in a hushed tone. "I appreciate how highly you think of me, but why did you say that about me? I can't do anything like knock out someone like Leo's sister in one move...at least..." he trailed off thinking back to the few times he has used his magical affinity offensively rather than for simple utility but ultimately dismissing it as an impossibility. Shaking his head he continued "I don't need people thinking I'm greater than I am is all"

The fight itself was emotional, quick, and intense to sum it up simply. However, from the very start of the fight it was obvious that Leo was on the backfoot due to is fatigue and perhaps reluctance to harm his sister while the same could not be said about Cylia. Even so, no matter how how hard he was hit or how many times he got knocked down Leo forced himself back onto his feet to continue the fight much to the annoyance of his sister who questioned why. Then with a few more blows leading to some heartfelt words the bout came to an end with the once almost stoic and Cylia crying in her brother's embrace.

"Think we should give them some space" Ruvo suggested to those spectating the fight.

Ymir
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars Uasal Uasal Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread
"I don't have anything to prove. I'm simply returning a favor, someone else's state of health did not bother him when he left." Ymir was beginning to get the impression Leo royally screwed up on this one. Had he really not contacted her in the years since he left, despite knowing his mother disappeared too? As much as she didn't want to see him seriously wounded, it was hard to argue against the well-placed animosity.

Ymir begrudgingly followed the two out. It was worth seeing through--as much as she wished she could continue slouching over at the bar. Eiru seemed likewise curious, and together they found a part of the fence to lean against as they watched the encounter play out.

----

Back at the guild, Tyron had returned to a table to seethe, fingers tapping rhythmically against the pommel of his weapon. There was a great deal the witch had said, but what stuck with him most was the casual admittance she had made, as if toying with souls wasn't outlawed in every corner of the state. He would sit for a time at one of the tables, having no desire to watch yet another noble dispute--particularly a family one.

----

"Shopkeeper! The Wizard has come with skeleton in tow to acquire goods. Although he is on a budget"

"Ah, yes. Can you help me with this one? I want to have something that can help me becoming less... noticable."

The shopkeeper seemed none too busy, happy to help both the wizard and skeleton in finding what they were looking for. A mask that could provide mere seconds of invisibility, up to three times a day, and robes that grew heavier the more saturated with mana they became.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back