• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guildstone Chronicles ((Main Hall))

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Kathlyn SilvaKathlyn Silva.png
Mentions: Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia
Kathlyn just barely finished healing her patient's arm fracture and was about to move on to his leg fracture when the wizard stirred. She didn't pay too much attention to her patient's almost frantic temple rubbing, trying to use the time in which he was still dazed to get started on his leg fracture instead.

"Are you finished yet? This patient is experiencing some discomfort" She shook her head slightly. "I'm almost done with the most severe injuries." She said quickly before focusing her full attention back on the complicated healing she was doing.

"You should be more careful, you had so many injuries I'm surprised you even managed to make it back to the hall." Kathlyn scolded, looking up at the wizard with a look of concern. She took a deep breath before she continued her healing.

For a little while, she worked in silence, completely concentrated on her healing. "You know if you furrow that brow anymore... it might stick" Kathlyn couldn't help but lightly chuckle at the line, delivered without any of the usual flair for the dramatic. "You're right, we can't have that happening now, can we?" She said with a gentle smile. "Is this better?"

She took a small step back. "I finished healing the most severe injuries but you still have a lot of scrapes and bruises I need to get to." She said, fishing her bottle out of her bag of holding, it was always a bit of a pain stuffing it in there as it barely fit through the opening but it still beat dragging it around all day. "I just need a moment to replenish some mana." She said, sitting down on a chair next to the bed and taking a sip of her tea.

"Would you like some?" She asked, holding up the bottle of tea. "I made it myself. I think it's great but it's a bit sweet for most people's taste." She explained with a smile. "I'm a bit of sweets fanatic, it's part of the reason some of my medicine tastes like sweets."

defgkat-65ec8d23-395f-4913-b0af-c8ff03cb88d6.png
Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions: Uasal Uasal Yahhah Yahhah Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Key of Stars Key of Stars
"No, it's fine. I'll take on whatever quest it is Vas'on has lined up. If I didn't, I would never hear tell of the end of it-" Azalea nodded, not quite catching the last part, though she heard what sounded like 'alone' and 'with a she-troll' which was incentive enough not to ask. "Also, perhaps my hearing is out of sorts but did you really say Milby and Iron in the same line?"
"It
Azalea hummed affirmatively, noting Vas'On as he emerged from the back room to start on the paperwork. "That particular development happened some time ago," she said, though whether people believed Milby's latest outlandish claim at the time was another matter. "I still refuse to let her go on most quests unaccompanied. Though it doesn't stop her from rushing ahead..." She trailed off, giving Akel and Farren a pointed look. "You should both finish getting ready. Iron or not, the longer she's left alone the worse things will be when you find her."

Stepping past Farren she gave him a brief clap on the shoulder. "Don't worry too much. Apart from the scatterbrained squirrel you've got a good team. Akel and Vas'On aren't likely to let their disputes get in the way of a job."

Now, if they would excuse her, she had other minor matters to attend to. Stepping around the puddle of blood the wizard had kindly left for her to clean up, Azalea retrieved what she needed from under the counter and headed for the back room. She could hear Kathlyn and Wizard quietly conversing, stepping inside after a moment. "...I'm a bit of sweets fanatic, it's part of the reason some of my medicine tastes like sweets."

Paying little mind to what the wizard said in response, Azalea set down the rewards for his latest missions on the bedside counter. A small sack of coins and three small potions, deceptively plain despite the value of the contents. "I take it you had some trouble with the boar?" she said. She'd heard Sigmar had been cleared without much issue, and he certainly looked like he'd been mauled by some sort of animal. "Or was it the King Turkey?" he made no mention of it when he entered, though she recalled he had been hoping to complete the quest before he left. "Regardless, this is your portion for the Sigmar quest, as well as a reward for reaching the second tier." He was only one step away from iron now, sitting on copper II. "It shouldn't take long for you to rank up again, but don't push yourself too much." He already looked like he was on death's door, despite Kathlyn's best efforts.

Turning to the younger girl Azalea offered what she hoped was a reassuring smile. "We should also discuss your milestone reward at some point. It's been several days since you joined the guild."

Edit:
[Quest Complete]
- Overgrown​
- 90 Coin​
- 50 AP​

[Quest Complete]
- Boar Attack​
- 20 Coin​
- 20 AP​
[ Rank Reward (Copper II) ]
- Strength Potion (+20 AP | Permanent)​
- Intelligence Potion (+20 AP | Permanent)​
- Agility Potion (+20 AP | Permanent)​

Last edited:
The Wizard
Interactions: Key of Stars Key of Stars Sylph Sylph

Kathlyn seemed to be taking a break to replenish her mana reserves. Poor girl probably burnt through her energy trying to patch him up. However the Wizard didn't comment on it. Knowing that Kathlyn took such an undertaking of her own volition. When offered some of her mana restoration tea. The Wizard gratefully accepted. After all, restoring HIS mana would help with getting him out of this bed faster. Although his nurse would probably dislike his eagerness to get back out there. His experience with the giant boar had only proven how weak he still was. Even if he had won the fight. The Wizard only won by the skin of his teeth. Downing an entire glass of the sweet tea. Sugary liquid went down his throat and invigorated his system. "Its good... just what I needed. Ehem...thank you" said The Wizard, clearing his throat. It was there that Azalea came in with the rewards for his questing. Jingling his bag of coins earned from adventure. The Wizard could also feel himself getting stronger from looking back on his accomplishments. Plus he also scored some free potions to go with his rank up. That didn't fully satisfy him though. The Wizard was so close to Iron. Popping the corks off of his potions. Colorful liquid was drained into his system. Drinking them all at once, probably not a good idea. Didn't matter for The Wizard. Coughing and dry heaving as pain coursed through his body. The Wizard held his stomach before spewing rose colored flames from his mouth. Relaxing in his bed after expelling literal fire. The Wizard nearly passed out from the strain.

Mentions: Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Sylph Sylph
"Its good... just what I needed. Ehem...thank you" Kathlyn smiled. "I'm glad you like it, if you ever want anymore you can just ask me." She said, turning her head at the sound of the door opening. "I'm almost done here miss Azalea." She told her boss, Azalea didn't seem too concerned with her missing out on work though, asking the wizard a few questions instead.

"We should also discuss your milestone reward at some point. It's been several days since you joined the guild." Kathlyn looked up from where she had gotten started cleaning up a few of the supplies she had used during her healing while Azalea talked to the wizard. "I get those as well?" Kathlyn asked, perhaps a little too excited. "I just, it's just, I didn't think I would get them. I'm not really an adventurer after all, I just work here, do I even officially have a rank?" She rambled.

She stuffed a few things back into her bag of holding. "We can talk about it over lunch maybe? I was going to take my lunch break as soon as I finish up here, you could join me?" She excitedly suggested. "Of course I get it if you're busy." She added hastily.

She turned back to her patient and her excitement immediately turned into worry. "Wait! Don't-" The first part of the sentence had barely left her mouth when the wizard poured all three of his reward potions into his mouth at once.

She heaved a sigh of relief when the man finally stopped coughing. "Are you crazy? Do you have a death wish?" She exclaimed, expression stern as she approached her patients. "Even if you're in optimal condition, you should be careful with those. Let alone when you're still recovering from very heavy injuries." She scolded. "It's a good thing you seem to be so durable but you should really be more careful."

"I'll get started on your bruises and scrapes now."
She said, leaning over the wizard, hands glowing with a gentle green glow. "After that, you have to rest for at least the rest of the day. You'll really end up regretting it if you don't."

Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
"I get those as well? I just, it's just, I didn't think I would get them. I'm not really an adventurer after all, I just work here, do I even officially have a rank?"

"Not in the same sense as other adventurers," Azalea said, looking thoughtful. "It's more around length of service than heroic feats. I try to make sure there's at least some incentive for the staff to remain." Most of the time it was something as simple as a pay raise, though in Kathlyn's case, Azalea was sure there were more valuable things than money to the girl. "I don't mind sitting down for a while," she said in response to their next suggestion, though she withheld from any promises to eat the food. "As long as nothing comes up in the mean-"

"Wait! Don't-"

"...time," Azalea glanced over as the wizard proceeded to cough up half his lungs in protest, Kathlyn flitting aorund by the bedside in a panic, scolding the boy after he'd finished dying a second time. Azalea's hopes weren't particularly high. Quite afternoons were usually just a precursor to disaster.

"I'll get started on your bruises and scrapes now." Kathlyn finally settled again, a green aura enveloping her hands as she got back to work. "After that, you have to rest for at least the rest of the day. You'll really end up regretting it if you don't."

"I'll let you finish up," Azalea said, though she paused at the door to add. "Wizard. Do as Kathlyn says. Your health is important." With that she stepped out of the back room and returned to her desk, moving to where Vas'On was busy filling out the last of the request forms that Azalea would usually take care of. She had no complaints if someone wanted to complete them preemptively, but she got the distinct feeling he was avoiding a different problem. Taking the papers after Vas'On was finished she glanced towards Akel and Farren, the former of whom still appeared in an unpleasant mood.

"Akel says she'll come along," she said at last, straightening the papers as she set them aside. "Though she expressed some concern about the 'she-trolls'..." for whatever reason. There was little explanation outside matters Azalea wasn't keen to get involved in. Fixing Vas'On with her best 'now go fix up this mess' look, she shooed him away from the counter, back towards where the other two were waiting.

Farren
Mentions: Uasal Uasal Sylph Sylph
Farren watched and nodded along as Akeldama introduced and explained what she did as a fighter. He’d never heard of a blade-dancer but it wasn’t hard to imagine what it probably entailed, it also helped she explained it a tad. He inspected her sword as she pointed to it. It looked quite wicked looking though past that he could tell very little. He’d studied a lot in his time but he’d never mastered a weapon or the make of them.

“That sounds pretty intimidating. I’m sort of an unarmed fighter myself. A shapeshifter to be particular about it. Never could get any of those magic spells down but turning into a tiger's more what fate decided was my style I guess” Farren observed and explained until he took the proffered hand. “Likewise.” He watched as Akeldama and Azalea shared a word before the latter of them turned away and went to the backroom where Vas’on had gone.

"So, how'd you get into shadow magic? If you don't mind sharing that is, I always found all those different kinds of magic interesting. So many different types and ways that a person can mold them it's wild when you really think about it" Farren spoke up again. Not minding waiting on Vas'on but also not really wanting to wait in silence. Farren normally only cared for the quiet when it was necessary. He did absentmindedly take a moment to look over his equipment to make sure he wouldn't forget anything if they were to leave at a quick notice.

1639371357407.png
Akeldama Vlad Aldea Mayer
Silver Rank Blade Dancer

Akel's eyes peered through Farren as he spoke as if attempting to peek at the man's very soul itself. Her cold and lifeless expression only added to the situation but those who knew Akel would know she was doing nothing of the sort. This was just how she was, she cared little for those around her, efficiency was the only thing that mattered to her. Well, when Vas'on wasn't involved. With the man gone Akel's ruthless efficiency was sure to resurface, in actual fact with her having just vented an unusual amount of emotion, it was likely she would be far colder than she normally would have been.
After all, what better way to protect oneself from emotion then to act as though such things didn't exist in the first place. Sounds healthy to me.

Releasing her hand from the hilt of her sword Akel thought on the question she had been posed "I suppose you could say I've always had an affinity for shadow magic. It comes naturally to me, like how walking does to a child. Of course that's not to say I haven't done my fair share of training but I suppose it would be accurate to say I had an advantage at birth". Crossing her arms over her chest Akel turned to look toward a window "Hand to hand combat is not my preferred way of fighting but I have been trained in it. Vas'onon the other hand is quite fond of hand to hand combat despite being far more skilled with large blades." Pausing for a second Akel continued "You mentioned transformation, are your skills in the art limited to beasts or can you also take the form of others? As of right now what would you say is your most proficient form for combat?"
Yahhah Yahhah

Mentions: Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Sylph Sylph
Kathlyn stepped out of the backroom carrying her cauldron, having put her goggles in there to avoid having to carry them separately for the moment. She let out a small satisfied sigh, swallowing the last bit of the mana tablet she had been chewing on. Treating the wizard had taken quite a lot out of here but it had been good practice and nothing was quite as satisfying to Kathlyn as successfully helping someone recover from injuries.

She quickly dropped by the main hall, carefully placing the flowers and vase the wizard had given her in her cauldron before carrying them upstairs to the staff quarters. She put the flowers on the small bedside table in her quarters with a small smile and placed the cauldron in its usual location before grabbing her lunch and heading back downstairs.

Farren and Akeldama were in the middle of a conversation so Kathlyn simply raised a hand and gave the both of them a small wave as a greeting, not wanting to interrupt whatever conversation they had going on.

She didn't have to look around long to find the person she was looking. "Miss-" She hesitated for a moment. Was she clinging to her boss too much? She wasn't being annoying, was she? What if her boss thought she was acting like a child? She quickly shook her head. No, after all, Azalea had already accepted her invitation to sit down for lunch, there was nothing to worry about. "Miss Azalea," She called out, making her way across the hall to her boss.

"I finished my treatment, do you want to sit down for lunch now?" She asked, holding up the bag that contained her lunch. "I went out to the market before work today to buy some ingredients to make lunch. I don't mind sharing if you want some?" She offered with a bright smile. "I'd also love to talk about the milestone reward you were talking about earlier." Was that too pushy? Hopefully not, she couldn't really help it, it was hard to contain her excitement.

half_orc_elf_by_doggerman.png

[Location: Guild Hall]
[Interactions: Farren Yahhah Yahhah , Azalea Sylph Sylph , Akeldama Uasal Uasal ]
[Mentions:]

There was a moment in his eyes were he looked excited to hear that Akeldama would be coming with him before the comment about the trolls dampened his mood "That woman" he chuckled lightly and shook his head "Years of knowing her and I still won't completely understand what makes her tick" he waved at Azalea as he headed towards the other two who seemed to be talking about skills "Oh, Transformation? Interesting. I don't believe I've had the time to travel and fight alongside a shapeshifter of sorts"

"Paperwork is all set so we can leave at anytime you two are ready" he looked thoughtful "Do we need any supplies before we go? Healing potions? Tools? We should at least get our hands on some acid vials for dealing with troll regeneration"​

Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
Azalea had just about finished organising the counter when Kathlyn approached, having finished her treatment. Whether the Wizard would actually stay put for the amount of time recommended was a dubious question, but for now Azalea hadn't seem him emerge. "I went out to the market before work today to buy some ingredients to make lunch. I don't mind sharing if you want some?" The question brought her back to the conversation at hand, Kathlyn appearing hopeful, though Azalea could only shake her head as she took a seat.

"It's alright," she said, noting the colourful array of foods. She supposed cooking and potion making weren't all that far apart in terms of skillset. "I don't have much in the way of a sense of taste anymore. It would be wasted on me."

"I'd also love to talk about the milestone reward you were talking about earlier."

"Of course," she said, smiling. Though admittedly there would be two parts to the conversation. "As you should be aware, most of the staff have ranks, similar to the other members of the guild. The biggest difference is they earn theirs acts or length of service rather than quests. And since there isn't a need for the usual adventuring gear, the rewards differ." Traditionally that option had only ever been for staff members, due to the logistical nightmare it would be otherwise, but the guild had been doing far better of late.

Azalea appeared thoughtful for a moment before continuing. "I'd also like to offer these options to regular members, since the situation has changed somewhat. Finances are no longer an issue, and with Merkon's presence, sourcing equipment has become much easier." Perhaps most crucially, Kathlyn's presence opened up a number of possibilities.

"As of today you're moving up to the first iron tier," Azalea said, setting her hands together on the table. "So you have two lots of rewards to claim. For the first one I'd like to provide a certain set of equipment for potion making. But the second one is your choice. You can choose from 200 coin, further equipment from Merkon, or I can provide the materials for you to make some proper ability potions - one of which you'll get to keep."

She was aware Kathlyn probably didn't have much experience with the lattermost option. Ability potions were notoriously rare and expensive to come by due to the ingredients, and most of the time they required a specific set of tools. It just so happened that the guild had access to the materials, but no one to properly process them prior to now. "You can refuse of course." If Kathlyn were to accept then crafting the ability potions would no doubt become part of her regular duties, but it would certainly have its upsides. "I don't mind if you'd prefer to focus on your healing potions instead."

Farren
Mentions: Uasal Uasal Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

Farren nodded along with the explanation. He'd heard of people that were born with magic affinity. He of course didn't really know how magic affinity even really worked but he did take a moment to wonder if being born with shadow magic came with any sort of a story. It probably wasn't a great idea to be asking any life stories though, especially seeing as the vibe of this one did sort of make him a little uncomfortable. "I've only really got the one extra form. Well, two technically but I only ever use the one, and when I say hand to hand I mean more like claw to hand. That is to say I just turn into the aforementioned tiger. I've tried some weapons in the past but the shapeshifting just seems to get the job done for me so I never really committed to any". Farren took a moment to give a bit of a long-winded explanation.

It wasn't long until Vas'on joined them. "Well I hope I don't disappoint you then" Farren said when Vas'on spoke about never having teamed up with a shapeshifter before. "Stocking up doesn't sound like a bad idea. I don't have much money to throw around but if trolls can only be killed by fire and acid I'm out of luck if we don't".

Mentions: Sylph Sylph
"It's alright, I don't have much in the way of a sense of taste anymore. It would be wasted on me." Kathlyn looked down at the sandwich she had just taken a bite out of, suddenly feeling a bit guilty. "Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know." She said eventually after a moment of silence, making a mental note to look into Azalea's condition when she had free time. Perhaps it was way out of her league but she couldn't in good conscience call herself a healer if she didn't at least try.

"As you should be aware, most of the staff have ranks, similar to the other members of the guild. The biggest difference is they earn theirs acts or length of service rather than quests. And since there isn't a need for the usual adventuring gear, the rewards differ." She nodded, she hadn't been familiar with the fact that the staff had ranks as well before today but Azalea had just explained it to her while she was tending to the wizard.

Truth be told, Kathlyn was perfectly content with the way her life had been going. The fact she would be getting extra rewards on top of her standard job benefits was really just another bonus on top of it all.

She hadn't been at the guild for all too long yet but long enough to get used to the work and feel somewhat at home in the building, though admittedly she did hope to someday buy a small house of her own in Lantana. Close to the guild of course, she had no intention of working anywhere else. Her pay was far from bad, she had plenty of free time to experiment with the various herbs in the guild's storeroom or those she bought at the market and she got to meet a lot of interesting new people, some friendly, some less so, she gave all of them an equally bright smile either way.

"I'd also like to offer these options to regular members, since the situation has changed somewhat. Finances are no longer an issue, and with Merkon's presence, sourcing equipment has become much easier." Kathlyn nodded again, running her hand over the brim of her new hat. Merkon's shop was definitely convenient, even if she hadn't looked at his equipment and adventuring gear as much as at the few cute clothes and extensive collection of herbs he had for sale.

"As of today you're moving up to the first iron tier," Kathlyn smiled, that put her at the same general rank as Leonidas, though not the same tier. She wondered if she could beat the man someday, not really out of any competitive spirit, really just because she thought it would be funny to hear his reaction.

"So you have two lots of rewards to claim. For the first one I'd like to provide a certain set of equipment for potion making." Kathlyn's eyes lit up. The equipment she worked with was basic, it got the job done but it wasn't always the most efficient. She was aware bigger laboratories in the city had far more advanced equipment though and she couldn't wait to see what kind of equipment Azalea was talking about.

"But the second one is your choice. You can choose from 200 coin, further equipment from Merkon, or I can provide the materials for you to make some proper ability potions - one of which you'll get to keep." She mulled it over, taking a small bite of her sandwich. 200 coin was nice, but her savings were fine at the moment and the sum wouldn't exactly go far towards buying a house. More equipment from Merkon was more interesting but between her current tools and those Azalea would be providing she figured she had enough for now.

Then there was the ability potions, they weren't exactly what she would describe as medicine but... "You can refuse of course. I don't mind if you'd prefer to focus on your healing potions instead." She shook her head, swallowing her food. "No, I'll take them. Scratch the best healer, I'll be the best all-purpose apothecary on the entire continent!" She declared, planting her hands firmly on the table with a wide smile before quickly flushing red. "I'm sorry, that's a bit of childish dream I know."

1645382400497.png
Brenn’an Hufēng | GOLD I: Spellblade/Trickster | Spirit/Fire | Stature: 5’ 9” | Age: 27 years

STR
MAG
AGI
DEX
CON
FOR
25​
175​
125​
0​
50​
125​

"Here I come, Andrius!"
Outside the guild hall, the air carried a subtle breeze that wafted through the trees, cut every so often by the sounds of clashing metal. Brennan's first, lunging strike had made its way past his Andrius's longsword, nearly a second slower than Brennan's. It was only after a second had passed that Andrius was able to react with a counterweight, pushing aside Brennan's thin blade and out of the way in an effort to brute force his way past Brennan's reach. But Brennan was already a few steps ahead. Pulling away from Andrius, Brennan's sword slid underneath the weight of Andrius's own, taking a stride back as he did so in order to recover some distance from the taller man. The sound of sliding steel rung out into the air. Brennan raised his sword's point back towards his opponent, pointing it at Andrius and brandishing its true range, just centimeters from Andrius's cheek.
"Again!"
Without warning, Brennan pulled away and lunged once more. Andrius parried. He took a step back to strike from the flank. Brennan's point only followed its opponent, defending its master as Andrius was forced to walk in a circle, unable to accomplish his attack. Andrius plotted a feign, swinging in spite of the blade presented to him, but to no avail. Brennan's blade poked the skin of Andrius's wrist and he pulled away on reaction. Looking at his wrist, only the barest outline of the cut was visible and the faintest hint of blood had seeped through. Staring back at his partner, Andrius's labored breaths overlapped Brennan's own.
Brennan tsked.
"Again!"
After a moment of disdain, Brennan lunged again and again. Andrius parried and forced his way closer once more, this, time crouching lower. His feet pushed from the ground to overpower Brennan's stance. But Brennan wasn't there. Brennan had already slipped past Andrius, going with the force of Brennan's push. A fistful of grass was tossed into the air. Brennan relaxed his grip and his sword fell away. Brennan walked past the lunging Andrius with one of his boots underneath his foe's grounded foot. Andrius gave a huff as his weight was used against him. Brennan had knocked him prone on his back.
Fire lit in Andrius's eyes as he pushed himself back up with impressive speed, but his attempt had already been reacted toward and thwarted. Andrius fell back down, on his backside this time. He scrambled backward looking back at his aggressor and his fire was quickly snuffed out. He wasn't safe just yet.
Brennan's blows battered Andrius's longsword again. A lunge. A thrust. Pull. Lunge. An incortata into a turning thrust. Lunge. Pull. Lunge. Pull. And again. Again. And again... Brennan would not relent. And yet, Andrius never stared at the sharp point that tried to jab at him.
He kept his eyes on Brennan's face: stone cold and vicious. It was almost cruel, devoid of fighting spirit. And yet Brennan, Andrius knew, was likely just toying with him in the grass. At any point, Andrius could have countered with his superior strength and regain his stance against the slim, regal blade.

But why didn't he?
Perhaps that was the question Brennan wanted to know as well.

Alas, by the time, Andrius had made up his mind, he had been pushed back into an archer's target laying about. In only the few seconds that had passed, they had made their way halfway across the clearing into the archery range. Andrius, cornered against the stand, could only watch as his sword was swiftly pressed aside by a practiced glazad stroke, immediately followed by a final lunge. Andrius's breath hitched in his throat, Brennan's blade pressed cleanly against it.
Their training session was over.

Brennan could only stare at a panting Andrius, staring back with sweat drenching his face and the front, back, and underarms of his black shirt. Dirt and green had melded itself to his skin and hair as they sparred. It was unsightly - not the grime, his performance.

"Are you... insulting me, Andrius?"
Andrius swallowed, out of breath. "I... I-"
"Stop it."
Andrius fell silent. His breaths slowly dragged longer as Brennan slowly pulled his sword back from Andrius's neck. His gaze left Brennan's own out of shame. Andrius only hesitated further as Brennan extended his hand to help him up.
Brennan gave a grunt as he heaved some of Andrius's weight. Nearly halfway on his feet, Andrius nearly stumbled before remembering to stand.

1645386316222.png
Andrius Mistlethaw | GOLD I: Bastion/Sniper | Body/Dark | Stature: 6’ 2” | Age: 29 years

STR
MAG
AGI
DEX
CON
FOR
225​
0​
150​
0​
100​
25​

Brennan gave one final tsk as he brushed the dirt and grass off of Andrius's sleeves. This left a deflated Andrius, speechless. Andrius, looking back at the target had his gaze pulled down as Brennan turned his partner's cheek so that their eyes met.
"Brennan, please..." Andrius's train of thought could only struggle to regain its tracks, "Perhaps today we could try a guild quest? Please?"
"Not with a burden like you around. Where did all that strength go, Andrius? I married a mighty lion, not a tender sheep."
"..."
"..."
"..." The gentle breeze seemed to return to Brennan's ears as his cold façade faded away. A hand reached up to wipe the sweat from Andrius's brow and hair. Looking onward incredulously, Brennan smiled weakly as he propped him self up on the toes of his boots, pressing his forehead against Andrius's in a moment of silence.
"Please don't be afraid, Andrius," He spoke softly. "It's alright."
"No. It's not."
"..."
"..." Andrius's puppy-like, emerald eyes pleaded with Brennan, who could only look at them and sigh in defeat.
"...O-okay. That's enough for now, then. Let's... go look at those quests."

The walk back was silent. I'd hardly ever seen Brennan so tender... But I guess I should be one to talk, eh?
We headed back to our quarters, generously given to us by the guild. I was surprised were accepted as quickly as we were. No really, they let us in the night we walked in. I know Brennan's got one hell of a silver tongue in the right spots, but it wasn't needed. It's the first day, without much gold to our name. I declined, despite my brother's persistence on withrawing from the treasury. I figure this'll be good for us. A simpler... more quiet life...

Brennan stepped out of his quarters while binding his gloves and bracers tight, followed quickly by a well-plated Andrius, dipping his head slightly as he left the room and closed the door. Dressed in the garb they had come to the guild with, Brennan figured that the most frugal decision was to run their equipment into the ground and purchase through necessity. Andrius pestered him about the equipment available at Merkon's, but Brennan had put a stop to that quick. But in a sense, Brennan agreed that Andrius was right. We'll have to make do somehow.

Making their way into the guild hall, they approached the quest board pensively. Brennan's stride quickened as he dialed in on a quest right away and Andrius guffawed at his enthusiasm. As Andrius browsed only rolled his eyes over the board, Brennan studied each request intensively, regardless of its ranking.

"We could easily do a silver alone... Perhaps a few coppers by tonight? Looks plentiful. Or maybe..." Andrius's gauntleted hand roamed the requests languidly, only every pausing to read a few words of the descriptions before moving on out of boredom. It was only when glancing upon the gold-ranked quests did his lion-like bravado return.
The two both locked had locked eyes on the same quest.

Andrius, in avant garde, announced their decision, his voice barked through the guild hall, much to a softly chuckling Brennan's dismay. "Found one!"

Brennan's whispered his plans to Andrius as they left the quest board. An undead horde was interesting on their own, but an underlying threat? It was enough mystery for the both of them and enough excitement for Andrius, who was amused at the thought of challenging the horde's bastion with his own magnificent title. Bastion against Bastion, haha! The two made their way back to the front desk, request in hand reading: Undead Forces...

Last edited:
Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars Ivan Dark Ivan Dark
"I'm sorry, that's a bit of childish dream I know."

"Perhaps," Azalea had said, somewhat bemused as Kathlyn shrunk back in her seat. "But you won't gain much by apologising for it."

It had been a few days since the two had gotten started on Kathlyn's new project, in between seeing to the normal running of the guild and the disasters that cropped up every so often. A pair of more experienced fighters had joined in the interim, probably looking to make a name in a new land, judging by their accents. Azalea had no qualms with letting them start at gold after they'd demonstrated their abilities, and the two had all but lived on the training grounds since then.

"Again!"

Azalea shut the door to the yard as she passed, on the way to check what Kathlyn was up to at the counter. It was a shame she didn't have access to the acedemy texts for potion making. Ability brews used a completely different base to healing ones, though Azalea wasn't sure how much trouble it would give Kathlyn.

"Made any headway?" Azalea said, checking over their shoulder. It wasn't long until Brennan and Andrius returned from the training grounds and went to get changed. She had originally assigned them separate quarters on their arrival only to be declined in favour of one. A convenience, really. The guild dorms would need to be expanded eventually, but the longer she could put off those costly plans the better.

"Found one!" The declaration drew several eyes towards Andrius and Brennan at the board. Azalea took the quest from them as they brought it to the front counter, handing it to Kathlyn upon seeing the name of the location. It had been a near two decades since the city of Dawn fell.

"You're confident you'll be able to handle that alone?" she said to the duo of gold ranks. "I believe there's another guild member posted in the region, but you won't be able to waystone travel once the sky begins to change."

Last edited:
Kathlyn SilvaKathlyn Background.png

Mentions: Sylph Sylph Ivan Dark Ivan Dark
"Made any headway?" Kathlyn carefully poured a silver liquid from a small flask into a different container before pulling her goggles up to her forehead and nodding. "Yes, quite a bit!" She said, adding another line of writing to a page in her notebook that was already filled to the brim with measurements, crossed-out ingredients, carefully recorded instructions and various drawings. "I've thought of and made over twenty different mixtures to use as a base over the past few days, so far with little success, but I'm getting close now."

She slowly pushed the container to the side, intending to check up on it in exactly two hours. "I did have to treat quite a few of the other staff to breakfast in the city yesterday because they woke up because of the awful smell of one of my failed attempts." She said with a giggle, some of the staff had been rightfully annoyed at being woken up by a god-awful smell in the early hours of the morning but Kathlyn was friends or at least on good terms with most of them and they had readily forgiven her after being treated to breakfast.

She quickly stifled a yawn, hoping Azalea didn't notice. The amount of work she had been putting in to get a grasp on the basics of ability potion brewing next to her regular duties as the guild receptionist and making her normal medicine left her preciously little time to rest but she didn't want her boss to worry. After all, it was her own decision to spend most of her free time on understanding the basics of ability potions faster, she wasn't being forced to overwork herself.

"Found one!" Kathlyn accepted the paper from Azalea and looked over the information. She was definitely worried about sending people on difficult quests much like the one currently in her hands, but then again, she was always worried, even if a gold-ranked adventurer came to her with a copper quest. It was a habit she was having a very hard time shaking, of course she never actually voiced her worries, it wasn't her place to tell others what to or not to do as long as it was within the guild's rules.

Azalea seemed to share some of her concerns, asking the duo if they were sure while Kathlyn sorted out the paperwork. "I have everything ready if you are certain about going." She said with a smile. "Please take these as well." She added, placing four small vials down on the counter. "It's two minor healing potions and two minor antidotes. I wish I could have provided more but I don't have anything stronger readily available." She said with an apologetic smile.

Last edited:
~Mentions: Sylph Sylph , Key of Stars Key of Stars

1645382400497.png

Brenn’an Hufēng | GOLD I: Spellblade/Trickster | Spirit/Fire | Stature: 5’ 9” | Age: 27 years

STR MAG AGI DEX CON FOR
25 175 125 0 50 125

Brennan watched as Azalea took the quest from Andrius's hand. Curiously observing her facial expressions. Living in a continent purely consisting of humans, Brennan hadn't seen anything like her before. The vines and flowers that surrounded her body were quite beautiful nonetheless, but to refrain from speech that would mistake him for Andrius, he decided it was best to keep quiet about it. Perhaps there are more like her here. Azalea's face had no change in expression, but Brennan could hear the implications of the question, not that it was insulting to his ears.
"You're confident you'll be able to handle that alone?"

Brennan already had his hand to his chin, relaying his previous plans to the Azalea.
"Well, I think it's quite possible." Brennan began to point out. "Undead are seldom unique and the fact that they gather suggests an acolyte's work. The quest seems to have stayed unclaimed for quite some time, so I don't think the informant will object whether this assignment gets done in a week or a couple months. In my country, siege was the combat of choice - perhaps you see where I am going with this? We'll assess their numbers, how fast they accumulate and test the intelligence of the horde on average while noting any more dangerous individuals. I've confidence we'll whittle down their numbers easily enough by picking off stragglers and new bodies before they add to the horde. Perhaps then we'll be able to see if the horde's leaders will show themselves."

"I believe there's another guild member posted in the region, but you won't be able to waystone travel once the sky begins to change."
"Is that so? Perhaps I might be able to request they accompany us? I had figured that we would at least be well prepared for such a long mission - I didn't plan on coming back for at least a month."

1645386316222.png

Andrius Mistlethaw | GOLD I: Bastion/Sniper | Body/Dark | Stature: 6’ 2” | Age: 29 years
STR
MAG
AGI
DEX
CON
FOR
225​
0​
150​
0​
100​
25​

"If Brennan says it can be done, it will." Andrius added, crossing his arms and smiling proudly at Brennan's willingness to prepare. "If there's one thing I learned from Brennan is that it pays to be a coward once in a while and flee." The last remark earned him a slow side-eye from Brennan, but nothing more.
You didn't have to say it like that...

"I have everything ready if you are certain about going. Please take these as well."
As Kathlyn handed the minor potions over, Andrius's eyes wandered over Kathlyn's equipment curiously. This left a brief moment of silence before Brennan stepped past Andrius to claim them.
"Thank you, Kathlyn. Andrius, thank the nice young lady, would you?"

"Looks like an impressive brew you've got there, miss." Andrius tilted his head to watch the silver liquid behind the counter by Kathlyn shimmer in the guildhall's light. "It'll grow me a new arm, I take it? Melt through the floor down through the soil, will it?"
"Tsk. Leave her alone, Andrius - her expertise isn't something you can pick at freely. Didn't you have a court apothecary?"
"Aye, but I never liked the stuff he made. It was always grey this and brown that..." Andrius trailed off, noticing Brennan stare at him attentively. "But yes, *AHEM* thank you, miss Kathlyn - your contribution to our quest is help enough."

"It's two minor healing potions and two minor antidotes. I wish I could have provided more but I don't have anything stronger readily available."
Brennan shook his head with a smile. "I agree with Andrius, this is more than enough. I believe we should be able to procure the rest as needed. Now - ehm - Azalea, you said something about another guild member in the region?"

Azalea Gibraltar

Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars Ivan Dark Ivan Dark
So that's what the fuss was all about. Azalea had been of the mind that as long Kathlyn's attempts didn't injure or poison anyone it would be fine, but apparently there were other concerns. Perhaps she would look into finding a different workspace for the apothecary. They were rapidly running out of room behind the counter as things stood regardless.

"Well, I think it's quite possible." Brennan proceeded to explain as Kathlyn examined the quest and set about getting things ready. The spellcaster appeared to have a good grasp of the situation, and the duo's experience together likely meant they'd be able to cooperate well enough. Certainly a step up from the last group that had been sent to the region.

"Is that so? Perhaps I might be able to request they accompany us?"

She covered a grimace. He could certainly request, but Azalea hadn't an inkling of how they'd respond. "They can be ...difficult," she admitted.

"Looks like an impressive brew you've got there, miss. It'll grow me a new arm, I take it? Melt through the floor down through the soil, will it-?" Though perhaps Brennan was already used to dealing with such types. She watched them go back and forth over the medicine before Kathlyn quickly interjected.

"It's two minor healing potions and two minor antidotes. I wish I could have provided more but I don't have anything stronger readily available."

Unlike Andrius, it seemed Brennan was sensible enough to take the charitable offer without complaint. "Now - ehm - Azalea, you said something about another guild member in the region?"

She nodded, glancing down at the request form on the counter. "They were a part of a previous rescue mission. Solmar is a wide region, so not all parts of it receive the support they need from the kingdom. In emergencies they'll often send the requests elsewhere." No doubt there were other guilds already out there, lending their assistance both on and off the field. "A siege is a rather apt description in this case. The conflict in Solmar has been going on for years. Containing the affects of the corruption over that wide a region has been no easy feat. The outpost you're headed to is likely a defensive one set up to deal with attempts of the undead to break through. They may not be geared towards an offensive, so if there are any other adventurers looking for work I may send them out to assist."

Mentions: Ivan Dark Ivan Dark Sylph Sylph
"Looks like an impressive brew you've got there, miss. It'll grow me a new arm, I take it? Melt through the floor down through the soil, will it?" She chuckled. "Having it grow a new arm would be a very welcome side effects but I certainly hope it doesn't melt through the floor, I've had enough failures as is already." She said with a smile. "If it works it will serve as the base for potions that can increase someone's abilities. It's not exactly medicine but I'd like to be an all purpose apothecary in the future." She explained.

"Tsk. Leave her alone, Andrius - her expertise isn't something you can pick at freely. Didn't you have a court apothecary?" "Aye, but I never liked the stuff he made. It was always grey this and brown that..." She laughed. "Well most medicine does tend to end up with unpleasant colors and tastes unless you go out of your way to change its properties slightly. For example you could use Aq-" She cut herself off with a small cough. "Sorry you're probably not interested in that. I get a little too excited when it comes to medicine."

"But yes, *AHEM* thank you, miss Kathlyn - your contribution to our quest is help enough." She smiled. "I'm happy to be of some help, be careful out there!"

Kathlyn listened to Azalea's explanation of the situation in Solmar attentively, she had already gathered some of the details from the quest form and from the other files she handled on a daily basis in her job as receptionist but hearing about from her boss directly made it sound even more terrifying. Kathlyn was glad she could stay behind in the guild hall and work on her medicine and the ability potions instead, she wouldn't last long out on a battlefield.

1646671649966.png

STR
MAG
AGI
DEX
CON
FOR
225​
0​
150​
0​
120​
25​

~ "They may not be geared towards an offensive, so if there are any other adventurers looking for work I may send them out to assist."
"Many thanks again, Azalea, we'll likely depart here shortly. We'll stop by Merkon's on the way."

The two thanked Kathlyn and Azalea before departing the guild hall. Azalea in particular was very receptive to Brennan's plan and for good reason. One little known fact about Brennan was that he was able to storm a certain throne room by himself, though he had some help as he approached its doors. In addition, he was able to handily defeat one of the select three of the king's royal guard, Andrius's royal guard, and subsequently proceeded to smack the daylights out of Kalivann, removing her from her vessel.
But that was precisely what bothered Andrius as he opened one of the guild hall doors and watched Brennan step outside before him.
He wasn't the only one fighting.
Indeed. The battle wasn't just against tyrannical, divine beings. It was also against those that Brennan had come to love dear. The same went for his enemies.

The guild doors closed as the two walked a humble path, crossing the training grounds as they did. Brennan's eyes darted to his peripheral, as if to sense Andrius's concern. He knew the other man all too well.

"Whatever happened all those years ago, why do you still cling to it?"
"I... You. How can you not? How can you be so detached from those feelings? The way you slew Garrett. He was holding back, you knew." Brennan stopped with a sigh, turning to face Andrius.
"And he knew my resolve, as did Margrave, as did Sebastian."

As Brennan called out those names, each one made Andrius's confidence slip.
It was the day before the coming winter storm. Sebastian was the first to leave - he was always the wisest of the three, especially for someone so young. Despite being of equal age, he and Andrius adopted a student and mentor relationship. It was more than mere surprise when Sebastian had renounced his title and status. He returned to his homeland, a secluded, tribal village that worshipped the wild gods. He was never loyal to Andrius - Sebastian always protected the bloodline. Margrave was quite the opposite. The titan of a man was the great shield of the crown - an older gentleman whose stoicism was a banner of courage to his troops and a sword to his highness. And... Garrett...

"...You didn't have to kill him, love."
"If he had fled like Sebastian, perhaps not. I gave him once chance to step asi-"
"But he didn't want to fight you! Did you not see the sword in his hand tremble? With his strength he could have easily-"
"But he didn't. And he died for it. Believe me Andrius, I remember his face."
"...So you know he loved you then."
"I... disagree." Andrius could barely open his mouth before Brennan touched his face, staring up into his eyes as he had done so many times before. "That face that he wore. It was one of guilt, not love. He could not face me. Not after what we had been through together. What you and I had done together. He knew that I was yours to claim. It was never about me. If it was, he would have agreed to my proposal all those years ago."
"...What?" Andrius, despite being empty of anger, was still confused. "It was you who..."
"You had your responsibilities as king. To have courted someone as outlandish as an outsider would have been an uproar, especially with that warlock watching from the shadows. Garrett and I were oh so compatible; I knew. But his love was not for me."
"..."
And with that, the two stood silent, only resuming to continue their journey side by side. They had prattled for far too long.

1646671637715.png

STR
MAG
AGI
DEX
CON
FOR
25​
175​
125​
0​
50​
125​

~ Log 2847: We are to meet two individuals at the scouting outpost in Solmar: Tyron and Ruma. All new faces to me. Andrius becomes more and more brazen, restless even. Even as I clasped the waystone in my hand before we departed, he wouldn't dare let go of my hand. It's those moments where Andrius transforms. He wants to become everything: the strength of Margrave, the wisdom of Sebastian, and the courage of Garrett. He wants to become those things. It's truly admirable.
We stand here now, at the edge of Solmar, and he smiles proudly once more. It seems that despite the fear inside him, he only grows stronger as he speaks to me. I can't think of a time that he has made me laugh this much. He can sense it. But... I also fear.
This land of undead... I hope that we have not left a life of blood and death to enter yet another. And if so, I must make certain it does not claim us both. I will.

Guild Hall - Week 5
Time: Mid-Morning
Weather: Sunny

Known Members in Hall: Azalea, Kathlyn, Milby

1656653485559.png
Below are the available quests to embark on. Characters may go on ranks above their own as long as there is a senior adventurer there to accompany them. Tier levels indicate the recommended party size, but are not a necessity. To start a mission bring the notice to Kathlyn or Azalea.

Guild Levy: Each participant receives 20% of the coin reward. For parties above 4 this is reduced to 10%. The remaining amount is added to the guild's inventory.

• Anyone can do these quests.
    Repairs A recent storm has done quite a bit of damage to my ship and I'm supposed to set sail within the next few days. When I started repairs though I discovered something scuttling around the hull. I can hear it scratching around at night; can someone please remove it for me so I can get back to work? I'll be near the docks for the next few days.
    Difficulty: Tier II
    Reward: 80 Coin; 20 AP
    Snap Apples I have to harvest the snap apple trees in my fields, but I'm afraid I hurt my back and I'm unable to work. If you could do some of the harvesting it would be much appreciated. Just beware the snap dragons. They like to make their nests among the leaves.
    Difficulty: Tier I
    Reward: 40 Coin; 10 AP
    Turkey Eggs I'm all out of eggs. I know this is a silly thing to ask of you, but I need you to go out and collect some. Not just any eggs though, I need the ones of the King Turkey. They like to make their nests where there's plenty of bugs to unearth.
    Difficulty: Tier II
    Reward: 100 Coin; 20 AP
    Farmhand There is so much left to do, but so little time to do it in. I need to clean the stables, I need to sow the fields, feed my livestock, hunt for food and so much more. Please, could you help me with some of my tasks? I'm afraid my farm would collapse without your help.
    Difficulty: Tier I
    Reward: 100 Coin; 10 AP

Last edited:
e4e6dd37cb50b713fda16a76bc7bbbb4.jpg
Nicolas Godfrey

Finally, after walking throughout the night, Nicolas was almost back to the guild. His first quest had ended with success, and a strange feeling filled his chest as he walked tall down the narrow path through the woods. A sense of pride had seemed to take hold of the lone wanderer, his first step to becoming a hero completed with only minor cuts and bruises covering his skin. A few buildings may have been burnt to the ground, and the people who had requested his services were less than grateful, but all that mattered was the objective of his mission was completed. Though the excitement from a job well done didn’t show on his stoic expression, his eyes had a shining glint of joy behind them. His bright eyes wandered around his surroundings as he took in the trees surrounding him and rested his hand atop his sheathed sword at his hip. It was pretty odd to the swordsman how peaceful this place made him feel. He had traveled through many similar places during his years on the roads, but for some reason this was different. There was no sense of danger or dread on this road. Perhaps it was because he knew what awaited him towards the end.

Just as he let his mind drift, the sound of distant running water reached his ears, and he looked ahead to see a stone bridge through the treeline. It took a moment for Nicolas to realize that he had finally arrived at his destination. The barest of smiles came to his lips for a moment before falling back to a stoic expression and quickening his steps down the dirt road. It was a bit strange to return so soon. Nicolas would typically keep roaming and never return to the same place twice, but as he reached the stone bridge, he paused and looked at the water flowing under it. It felt somewhat refreshing to return to familiar surroundings. A peaceful silence hung over the swordsman as he stared down the river, his eyes slowly roaming to the small pier near the bridge. Perhaps that would be a suitable place to nap later? Of course, he would be returning here more often now, so it couldn’t hurt.

After taking in the sights for a few minutes, he finally pulled himself away and continued down the path, the roof of the guild peeking over the treeline in front of him. Once the guild came into full view before him, Nicolas stopped to take in the sights again. He had seen much more impressive structures in the past, but the guild hall had a certain radiance behind it that he couldn’t help but admire. Perhaps all the stories his fallen companion had told him made this place seem so unique to the swordsman. “Yuri,” Nicolas muttered under his breath, a small smile spreading along his lips as he thought of the musician. He wished his companion could have been here with him to enjoy this feeling, but instead, he kept the man's words and tales close to his heart as he started on his path to becoming a hero of the people.

With a small sigh and letting his face fall back into his usual stoic expression, Nicolas moved towards the entrance of the guildhall. At least he would have a place to rest and tend to his minor wounds, though he would most likely need to find help in that task. Nicolas could deal with the wounds but barely knew how to tend them. As he walked through the doors, he walked to the center of the room, every step making a loud thud and creak under his iron boots before coming to a stop and looking around his surroundings. The hall felt welcoming, but at the moment, he couldn’t for the life of him remember who he was to speak to when to turn in a completed quest. With a huff of slight irritation, he found a nearby seat and sat down with a slight frown as the gears in his head began to turn in thought. Who had he spoken to last time? Who gave him the quest? Did they serve food here? His frown grew heavier as he rested his chin atop his iron gauntlet and tried his best to remember what he was to do next.

Mentions: Guppy Franz Guppy Franz

Kathlyn stepped into the main part of the guild hall, gloved hands full of several bundles of herbs. The hall had been rather quiet over the past few days and, while Kathlyn still never stepped away from the main desk except during breaks, she had found herself with a lot of free time to work on the basics of ability potion brewing and her other tasks as well as catching up on some of the sleep she was in desperate need of after last week.

She quickly noticed the man sitting at one of the tables. Nicolas, she remembered his name was, he had just recently joined the guild and gone on his first quest and now it seemed like he had successfully completed it and returned. She quietly heaved a small sigh of relief, she was always a bit worried whenever someone went off on a quest, no matter how minor the assignment, a part of her personality she couldn't change even if she tried. "Welcome back," She started with a smile. "Did you enjoy your first quest? I didn't make you wait too long here, did I?" Azalea was also in the hall somewhere but her boss had a lot of paperwork to take care of so it was fairly common for Kathlyn to man the front desk alone nowadays. Not that she minded, the longer she spent in the hall the more she liked her job. "I was taking a quick break to gather some of my herbs from the garden." She explained, depositing the bundles of herbs on a nearby table before tugging her gloves off and placing them next to the herbs.

"Something the matter?" She asked, approaching Nicolas. "You look like you have something on your mind." Still, Kathlyn didn't think the quest had failed. Nicolas' expression was hard to gauge but her work at the guild combined with her natural ability to communicate with people had left her with a real knack for gauging people's moods. Well, she wasn't clairvoyant, she wouldn't know what was bothering or making someone happy unless they told her. "I take it your quest was a success? I can take care of the paperwork and reward for you, you must be quite tired. I think I mentioned it when you joined but we have rooms on the first floor available for you to rest in should you want to." She smiled, pointing to the lodgings.

"Or maybe you'd like something to eat instead? You can order something at the bar." She glanced at the bar over her shoulder, giving the employee behind it a friendly wave and smile as a greeting. "I can't really help you with food myself, I only have my own lunch with me today. I can offer you something to drink though, if you'd like."

She'd noticed his minor wounds the moment she approached him, after all, as a medic, wounds were the first thing she looked for whenever someone stepped back into the guild hall. But she'd gotten better at addressing people's wounds for later, instead of immediately fussing over them like she used to. Well, provided the wounds were minor, of course. "Would you mind letting me check on those wounds?" She asked politely. "I don't know if I mentioned it when we met but I work here as a medic next to my duties as a receptionist." She explained, holding up one of her hands covered in the gentle green glow of her healing magic in explanation. "Your wounds seem pretty minor so I should be able to heal them in the blink of an eye with just my magic. Of course, even if they had been more severe I could have healed them." She declared with a confidence she had slowly built up while working at the guild. "Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to brag." She added quickly, shaking her hands dismissively. Well, she hadn't changed that much.

Gion Stickman

"Good morning, sunshine. What a good day to life!" A skeleton climbed out of a wooden box and stretched his bones. Gion retrieved his coat and guitar from the box before locking it with a padlock. After getting dressed, he's more than ready to make his real debut as a proper and respectable citizen! And what does a proper and respectable citizen do? Work of course! The box he managed to rent was only a few blocks away from the guild so it didn't take a long time for the skeleton to enter the main hall.

"Hello, buddy. I come to help people in need." He exclaimed as he walked towards the quest board. His eyes (or whatever is left there) scanned every notices pinned while occasionally letting dramatic gasp or 'oh my' as if he just read a tragic story. He couldn't decide which one to pick so he took all the copper rank quest papers and approached Azalea.

"Good morning, dear. I need help choosing my first proper quest.
I really, REALLY want to help EVERYONE here but alas, there is only one me and I can only help one at a time." Gion let out a tired sign while his left hand was put on his chest as if his heart was in pain. "This feeling, this must be what people call 'moral dilemma', right?"

Sylph Sylph

The Wizard
Interactions: Sylph Sylph Guppy Franz Guppy Franz Key of Stars Key of Stars Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

The Wizard stepped into the guild hall after what felt like days of agonizing nothingness. However he knew that any attempt to leave would have upset Kathlyn. So he had decided to spend his time recuperating. His injuries from his first real quest had healed by this point. Thanks to the healing magic of a most dedicated nurse. However spending anymore time in bed would impede his progress in becoming a powerful wizard. Since he still had a few outstanding quests. The Wizard decided that the best thing to do would be to speak with Miss Azalea in order to get more information on the formidable King Turkey. Such a foe still needed to be dealt with by the arcane might of a caster like The Wizard. Making his way over to the front desk. He noticed a talking skeleton discussing quests with Azalea. Likely a newbie like himself. Even if he had participated in a big quest. The Wizard contributed very little to the overall success due to his relatively weak powers. Upon hearing that the Skeleton was having difficulty picking a quest. The Wizard entered the conversation with the grace and majesty required of a great mage. "Noble Skeleton. If a singular quest is what you seek. Than might I suggest that you join me in the hunt for the eggs of the insidious King Turkey. Such a threat to the realm would be the perfect foe for a first adventure" said The Wizard as he performed dramatic flourishes for emphasis.

Noticing that Kathlyn was present and may find issue with him being so ready to go out on another dangerous quest. The Wizard adjusted his hat and chose to meander into HER conversation too. "I would take her offer, warrior. This healer is of keen eye and focused hand. Her skills grow with every patient and her dedication is inspiring. In addition, adventuring with even the most minor of wounds can lead to tragedy. The utter pandemonium of the world we live in can turn a single off-hand decision into a cause for disaster.... Fare thee well" uttered The Wizard before flourishing with a cape he made from a sheet he found in a closet. Returning to the Skeleton and Azalea. The Wizard asked the receptionist for any information that would aid him in the subjugation of the vile King Turkey.

e4e6dd37cb50b713fda16a76bc7bbbb4.jpg
Nicolas Godfrey
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars

The time Nicolas thought about his next course of action, it felt as if smoke would come fuming out of his ears any second now. His frustrated frown grew as he tapped his armored heel on the floor before suddenly being pulled from his thoughts as a blond-haired girl approached him.

"Welcome back. Did you enjoy your first quest? I didn't make you wait too long here, did I?"

Nicolas remained silent for a moment as he stared at her, the gears in his head slowly turning as he tried to recall who she was. Eventually, his brows rose slowly as he remembered meeting her when he first arrived at the guild and shook his head. “No, just arrived,” he stated simply as he sat up a bit straighter in his seat, slightly looking down at her with a stoic expression. A slow gaze trailed down to the herbs she placed on the table, and he felt an urge to take a bite from one of the freshly picked plants to ease his hunger, though he restrained himself and looked back to the girl as she questioned if he was alright.

"You look like you have something on your mind."

“Didn’t know who to speak to after a quest, forgot,” he admitted with a slight frown and huff. Remembering essential details had never been his strong suit, but he did get a bit better with the help of Yuri constantly badgering him about things during their travels. If it hadn’t been for his companion's constant annoyance, he probably would have never remembered a thing. He gave her a firm nod as she asked if his quest had been a success. “Quest is complete. Only a few buildings were burned,” Nicolas informed with a calm tone as he adjusted himself in his seat and took his sheathed sword from his hip to rest against the chair.

Following her finger pointing towards the lodgings, Nicolas tapped a finger on the chair's leg. “My own room?” he mused aloud, realizing he had never had his own room to rest in without paying for it. He gave her a slight nod of gratitude.

"Or maybe you'd like something to eat instead? You can order something at the bar. I can't really help you with food myself, I only have my own lunch with me today. I can offer you something to drink though, if you'd like."

A sudden rumbling in his stomach brought a frown to his face as he quickly glanced at the bar before looking back to her. Once his quest had been completed, Nicolas had forgotten to feed himself before marching back to the guild. His head had been too filled with pride in his success to remember his basic needs. “Water is fine,” he muttered before pausing as the stinging sensation returned from his wounds. No pain or discomfort showed on his face before looking at the girl as she asked to tend to his wounds.

"I don't know if I mentioned it when we met but I work here as a medic next to my duties as a receptionist. Your wounds seem pretty minor so I should be able to heal them in the blink of an eye with just my magic. Of course, even if they had been more severe I could have healed them."

Nicolas silently looked at the green aura of magic flowing gently from her hand and found himself staring carefully, curious about the form of magic. During his travels, he had witnessed all forms of magic and various spells, but healing magic had been a rare sight for the swordsman. He had become accustomed to letting his wounds heal naturally or using medical herbs from villages he had happened to pass through, but healing magic was a rarity for him to use. Soon he was pulled from his transfix gaze of the green aura as a large hatted stranger approached them.

"I would take her offer, warrior. This healer is of keen eye and focused hand. Her skills grow with every patient and her dedication is inspiring. In addition, adventuring with even the most minor of wounds can lead to tragedy. The utter pandemonium of the world we live in can turn a single off-hand decision into a cause for disaster.... Fare thee well"

Nicolas gazed at the man in thought, taking in his words before looking at the girl with an arched brow. “Funny hat,” he commented as he reached for his armored shoulders and began to remove them from his arms. But, funny hat or not, the man spoke the truth. In fact, he recalled Yuri saying something similar in the past during their travels together. A single off-hand decision can lead to disaster. A grimace flashed across his face for a brief moment before he removed the last of the armor from his arms, leaving his chest plate on.

Most of the bruises stayed hidden under his breastplate, and most of the cuts and scratches littered his arms. Along with the fresh wounds were several older scars from past battles, both minor and nasty-looking scars traveling up from his knuckles to his shoulders. He paid little mind and looked to Kathlyn with a nod. “Go ahead,” he muttered as he kept his eyes on the green aura of magic, letting his mind drift in its glow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back