• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Great War (SirLostBoy x Chibi_Girl)

"I got a shot in sire!" an archer responded. "Well don't congratulate yourself yet! She could still get away!" Arty shouted as he pushed them harder. He knew he had her on the run at least and even though he didn't know where they were headed he couldn't let her get away. The only thing he could hope at this point is he wasn't putting his men into a trap of some kind.

Jyn was just about to make it there when she felt another arrow pierce her leg, which caused her to gasp in pain and fall to the ground. No, she couldn't stop now, not yet, not when she was this close to an escape. She quickly shoved herself off the ground and began to fly towards the edge of the cliff, although she was fully aware that she was making herself a target at this point, she didn't care much as she had fallen close to the edge already. Besides, she's been through much worse than this, or at least that's what she told herself.

"Shit, we can't let her get away Shadowfax!" Arty called out and in response the Pegasus whinnied and with a strong push of his legs was in the air. "I know Arty, I know! I'm going!" The Pegasus said into Arty's head as he did his best to catch up with her. This was his last big chance to catch her, if she got up to that cliff before he could, they'd lose her and them who knows where she would end up.

Everything hurt, her side and leg were on fire, her whole body was sore from the exertion, and she just really wanted to stop. But, she didn't, she didn't want to be the subject to whatever torture they had in store for her if she failed, she had people to protect, lives that she needed to save, she can't just keel over and die when others needed her. With one last burst of adrenaline, she made it to the edge of the cliff, pausing for just a moment to take a look below. There was a fast flowing river at the bottom of the cliff, most likely with sharp rocks, but she had to survive, she just had to. And when that moment ended, she slightly looked behind her at all the soldiers and the man on the pegasus before she stopped flying, and let herself fall over the edge.

For a moment Arty's heart dropped as he watched her reach the top of the cliff. He thought he had lost her and this was it. But suddenly he watched as she fell of the cliff. And with a sigh of relief he and Shadowfax swooped up and caught as she fell. "We got her. Let's go home boys." He said as he flew back down to the ground to the shouts of hoops and hurrahs. He felt like he could rest for a moment and feel accomplished as they rode home

Jyn really thought that she had done it, she thought that she had made it but apparently she was wrong. Everything seemed to go in slow motion as she fell, she looked up at the sky as it grew further and further away, but all of a sudden a pegasus was flying to her, and before she knew it, it had caught her as she was falling. She didn't even realize just what had happened until she heard the soldiers celebrating, but by then she was exhausted and had spent all of her energy. She could only let out a soft cry and quietly mutter, "...forgive me" before she closed her eyes and lost consciousness. Slow tears steamed from her eyes as they closed, as she had failed, she failed everyone. Blood was oozing from the wound in her side and it had soaked through her undershirt as well as a bit of her cloak, and there was a large wet patch of blood on her pants from the arrow in her upper thigh.

Arty watched her carefully as they rode back, to be sure that she didn't surprise them in some way. That was when he noticed the tears. He thought it strange but put it off to tears of pain from the arrows. "Shit....she's losing a good amount of blood here....I'm going to have to give you a good bath after this bud...." Arty said softly as he thought of what to do. The last thing he wanted was for her to die from blood loss before they even got back to the castle. "Fuck....screw it....Shadowfax just fly us there it'll be quicker. Men, you can all get back to the kingdom on your own at this point I have to get her stabilized before she loses too much blood." He ordered quickly before he and the pegasus flew off towards the castle.

In a matter of minutes they were upon the castle. Arty quickly hopped on Shadowfax and put the unconscious girl on his shoulder and headed to the dungeons. It was dark and damp as the prince walked down the cobble steps deeper below the castle. "Your Majesty! By the Divine what is that?!" The jailor said as he stood to attention but was struck with shock as he saw what Arty was carrying. "Shoosh! I need you to be quiet! This stays under wraps as long as I say so you got it?! Now give me the key to the prison suite!" He ordered. The jailor immediately shut his mouth and handed Arty the keys without another word.

The prison suite was the prison that was normally used when imprisoning enemy royalty. It was the nicest of the suits; it had actual carpet and a bed and a fireplace to keep out the cold. It had an actual door which Arty closed and locked as he got into the suite. He didn't necessarily wanted to bring her in there but he needed 1. the privacy, and 2. he needed the warmth to help her recover to consciousness at least. He took off his helmet and threw it to the ground as he began to work. He laid the girl onto the bed and took a deep breath. He was going to need all the concentration he could get to do this. Restoration magic was something he had only barely been taught so he hoped he could do this well enough. He cupped his hand over her wound on the side, muttered some words under his breath and a second later a soft warm glow radiated from his hands that slowly began to heal the wound. After about 5 minutes of this, the wound healed and he quickly went to do the same to the wound in her thigh. This one took about twice as long as he had to get the arrow removed as well. Once it was all said and done he left her on the bed as he plopped onto a chair tired. It had taken a lot more energy then he had anticipated and needed to rest as much as he could before she woke up.

Throughout the ride back to the castle, Jyn had mostly remained motionless but she would occasionally twitch and let out a whimper, the tears never really seemed to stop. While she was unconscious, she was forced to relive her childhood memories, to remember her parents. It was safe to say that she was not having a good day. All that she wanted to do was go home, but home seemed to be very far away now. She wished that she had been more careful, that she was just a little bit better, that she wasn't afraid of humans. Her fear really wasn't her fault though, she had been just a little girl at the time after all. But, her fear always seemed to hold her back, as without it, she would've been able to conjure her swords to fight back and maybe even steal the mans soul if she really tried instead of running away.

Though, at the moment she could do nothing more than remember her past. When she was placed on the bed in the suite, she began to mutter incoherent things, most likely as a product of her own memories replaying in her head. However a few words and phrases could be made out if he listened hard enough, such as "...i'm sorry", "..I didn't mean it", and "..please stop". The tears still continued on as he worked on healing her wounds, as well as the occasional whimpering and twitching. It didn't even stop when he was finished and took a seat in a chair, though she showed no signs of regaining consciousness any time soon.

After a decent amount of time, the warmth of the room seemed to be working as she ever so slowly began to wake up. She didn't really move at all when she finally did though and just kept her eyes closed and discretely sniffed the air, trying to get a read on where she was exactly as well as to see if there was anyone else in the room with her. And much to her dismay, there was, it was the same damn man from before, that fucking prince. Knowing that it was better to pretend as if she was still asleep, she forced her body to remain perfectly still and made absolutely no noise, unaware of the fact that she was vocal and had moved in her unconscious state. Her cheeks felt a bit damp but she didn't really focus on that and more on how the hell she was supposed to get out of here. She did take notice on how her side and thigh were no longer hurting, though. Soon causing her to wonder if the man in the room with her had healed her. This really didn't do anything to put her mind at ease, as it just made it clear that he wanted to use her for something, as he would've just let her die if that wasn't the case. And at this point, she wasn't completely sure if she was glad to be alive or not.

During the time that she was lying in bed, Arty had decided to take off his armor while he waited in the chair. He didn't know how long she was going to be asleep and he wanted to be as comfortable as possible. As he sat back in the chair he realized he used up a lot more energy than normal as he was inexperienced in healing magic and needed to regain some energy and accidentally fell asleep. The silence was piercing though as she had stopped moving and talking incoherently which shook Arty awake. "Shit...shit...." he muttered to himself wondering if she had died somehow suddenly. He rushed over to the bed and placed his hand on her cheek. "She's still warm..." he muttered to himself and pressed his head to her chest. "She still seems to be breathing too....well that's good at least..." he says quietly to himself. "Hey! You awake?" He asked aloud, giving her a slight poke on the forehead

It took every last fiber of her being to not flinch when she felt his hand on her cheek or when she felt his head on her chest. She had no clue why he seemed to immediately notice it when she woke up, but that was something to figure out later as she couldn't take it anymore and that poke to her forehead was the final straw. Suddenly her eyes opened wide to see him way to close to her for comfort and didn't even try to stop herself from flinging herself off the bed and landing on the floor on all fours before she she pushed herself to her feet and ran in the farthest corner of the room away from him. Wanting to keep as much distance between them as possible so he couldn't lay another hand on her. Although she couldn't help but notice that he was no longer wearing any army, which was something that she could consider a positive. She tried to push her fear away and slightly growled him before speaking, "what do you want from me?"

"Fuck!" Arty exclaimed out of surprise as, all of a sudden, the lady leaped out of bed and into the far corner of the room. His hand instinctively went to the sword at his belt but he didn't pull it out just yet as the last thing he needed was fighting here right now. "Look....I'm going to need you to calm down ok? If I had wanted you dead it would have happened already. For now at least, I just want to talk..." He said calmly and raised up his hands to show that he meant to be peaceful and even backed up a few feet.

Jyn slightly flinched when she saw his hand reach for his word but to her surprise he didn't take it out, not yet at least. Her tail was flicking itself again, and at some point in the last minute or so, her claws had extended themselves out of pure instinct. She almost laughed at his first few words, calm down? How the hell was she supposed to calm down? She was a prisoner in a city full of humans, which she feared, a lot, had no clue how she was going to get out of this, and didn't know what they were going to do to her, or even want to for that matter. So no, calming down was a bit more difficult than it seemed. And the way he said 'For now at least" after mentioning that she was needed alive certainly didn't help. Though, it did seem like he was trying to be peaceful when he raised his hands up and backed away from her. ".....what do you wish to speak with me about then?" She asked as she looked at him with her piercing red eyes.

"Well, it's quite simple really...I want to talk to you about ending the war." Arty said simply as he sat back down in the chair. He could sense her tension and he could understand why; she's basically surrounded by the enemy. "I need to know where your base of operations." he said simply as he stared her back with his bright sapphire eyes. He wasn't too fazed by her red eyes, he's looked into the face of just as terrifying beasts and this wasn't anything different. He knew he had control of the situation and he wasn't going to let go of it.

He had gotten her attention when he mentioned ending the war, guess that they had a common interest then, but not entirely. She could already see where this was going, and wasn't surprised at all by what he said next. But it's not as if she was just going to give up such crucial information, she wasn't going to help the humans win this war. She had already chosen her side a long time ago, and she wasn't going to change just because she was captured. Reminding herself of the protectiveness that she has over her people, it helped to push her fear away for a bit at the moment, "....and why would I ever tell you that kind of information?" Jyn said as she narrowed her eyes at him

"For the simple concept of self-preservation. You tell me what I need to know and I let you go." Arty said simply, leaning back in his chair as he watched to see how she would react. He thought back to all the old lessons he had been taught about the non-humans; their animalistic instincts. He felt confident that this would work.

Jyn wanted to raise an eyebrow at him, confused by the fact that this guy actually seemed to think that this would work. She could care less about herself and was more than willing to suffer whatever cruel forms of torture that might be in store for her, or even death if it meant that her people were safer. Obviously not going to give him what he wants, she gave him her response, "no, I'm not telling you anything. I don't care what you do, you're not getting any information out of me"

Arty shifted and sat up in his chair at her response. This was definitely not the response that he expected from her. "Well then.....it appears that you people do have some kind of integrity.... how fascinating..." the prince said curiously as he watched her carefully. He didn't show it on his face, but, internally, Arty was finally beginning to wonder whether or not the things he was taught about the non-humans was wrong all along.

Jyn watched him closely, almost flinching when she saw him shift in his chair. It was pretty clear to her that he had expected her to actually agree and follow his wishes, which really surprised her. She wondered to herself just what this man was taught about her kind, she was guessing that all the people in this damn kingdom were taught that her kind were nothing more than savage beasts that only care for themselves. Just thinking about that pissed her off since it couldn't be farther from the truth, she glared at him as she spoke, "don't you dare insult my people. You humans are all the same, you blindly listen to rumors and pass them down as if they are fact, when in reality you don't know the first thing about my people other than they are not human"

Arty was somewhat shocked at her response; full of spite and venom against his people. The prince almost shot back a heated response but he caught himself right as he was about to open his mouth. This wasn't the time to lose one's head no matter how much he wanted to. In his head, he could hear the voice of his late sister, nagging him about how he let his mouth got him into all sorts of trouble. Arty instead took a deep breath, stood up from his chair and gave a deep bow. "Well I see that I have misjudged you. I did not mean it as an insult; I admire that sort of integrity. I do offer my deepest of apologies for that." He attempted to say in his most sincere tone.

Jyn waited for a response from him, expecting anger and for him to yell at her or something along those lines. However, the last thing that she was expecting from him was a bow and an apology. She couldn't even stop her eyes from widening slightly in complete astonishment, not knowing that humans were even capable of apologizing to a non human with such sincerity. However, she quickly dropped the shocked expression on her face, as part of her didn't want to believe that he was being genuine, that he must be just putting on an act to get her on her good side so she would give him what he wants. "You can be sorry and compliment all you want, but I'm still not telling you anything. So do what you will with me already" Jyn said in a cold voice.

As the prince straightened up from his bow, he was attempting to rethink his strategy, but he wasn't sure what it was anymore. He needed some more information, of any kind, on the non-humans. It seems that the Gods willed something different than what he thought he did. "Well before you start making statements about not telling me anything, at least allow me to actually introduce myself. I am Prince Artorius von Reendil, soon to be Emperor of the Kingdom of Reendil. Now would you at least tell me your name?" He asked curiously as he relaxed more and he sat back down and gestured for her to do the same. He knew the only way to get any information out of her at this point was gradually, and maybe through these questions he might discover what it is he needs to end the war.

Jyn eyed him closely as he spoke, realizing that she was right when she assumed that he was a prince. However she was unaware of the fact that he was to become the Emperor, until now that is. She thought to herself for a moment on whether or not she should tell him her name. Eventually deciding that there was no harm in doing so since she doubted that she was leaving this prison any time soon, or ever. Besides, even if he did some searching, her name would only lead him to a dead end that wouldn't give him anything that he's looking for,she knew this. "Jynraine, Jynraine Adair" She said simply, although she was far from relaxed, Jyn knew that panicking wasn't going to do any good and that she couldn't reveal any information at all costs. She ignored his gesture to take a seat and continued to stand away from him.

"Well then, Jynraine, it is nice to meet you, circumstance not withstanding," the prince said in what almost sounded like a friendly tone. "So, according to you, all my knowledge in regards to your people is incorrect. Maybe you could enlighten me about all I, and my people, have wrong about you?" He asked inquisitively. There was something inside of him, full of hatred and resentment, screaming out for him to just end it here, for all the things that happened to all the people he knew, but there was also another part of him that was just tired. Tired of the war, tired of the death, tired of it all. Sure, he might enjoy fighting as much as the next person but it exacts a toll, and he has been feeling like the toll is now to much to pay for and wants to find another way.

Jyn certainly didn't think that meeting Artorius was pleasant or enjoyable in any sort of way, considering that she got two arrows lodged in her, and was forcibly dragged here in this prison against her will just to meet him. And she most definitely didn't want to talk with him about her kind, as it was all to obvious that he didn't really care about learning how the rumors were all wrong. With the way that they treated her earlier, and the fact that there was absolutely no way that he was going to all of a sudden feel bad for her people for believing in false rumors or even stop his men from going to war with hers, she really didn't feel like falling for his apparent 'kindness' towards her. "I wish I could stay the same about meeting you, and would you mind telling me exactly what the point would be in for me to tell you about my people? Because it seems to me that agreeing to this would only benefit you and put my people in potential danger since there is no telling if you will use that information for good, well good for my people and myself at least. Has it really taken a war to finally want to actually learn about my people? Has it taken just numerous lives from both sides to suddenly come to the realization that you truly don't know anything about your enemy other than that they are not like you or your people in the sense of species and that you call them 'enemies'? Will you just suddenly call off your soldiers?..............how much of a fool do you take me for?....to think that I will gladly tell you about my people just for the satisfaction of knowing that the humans now know the truth about us..." She said fiercely, sure, humans scared the living hell out of her, however the idea of her people suffering as she once did scared her even more. Despite everything though, she was tired of all the fighting and just wanted it to all end. But, end it in a way that ensures that her kind will never have to suffer again, that they can live happily with no boundaries. And if the humans win, that dream will only become a forgotten wish, so Jyn will do what she has to, to make sure that wish becomes a reality.

Last edited:
Arty's eyes lit up in anger at her tirade against him. The anger and frustration had won inside of him and boiling to the surface. How dare she presume to know his intentions? This entire time she seemed to act like she was the victim here. We were all victims to this war and he knew it. But she didn't know his plight, the losses he has suffered and endured, yes she acted like her people are the victim? Or that she knows better than he does? "How dare you..." Arty started to say fiercely as he shot up from the chair and moved towards her. But as he did, he saw something about her that made him catch himself. There was a fierce determination in those eyes of hers. It reminded him of her and it pissed him off more but it made him stop himself. "I.....I can't deal with you right now...." he said with heavy sign in his breath as he turned around and threw his hands up to the sky. "Goddess help me....I can't let you leave but I can't leave you here either...." he said as he walked up to her. "now give me your hand." he said in almost a defeated tone at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back